PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs D-Coord, 2010: Candidates?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2009, 11:22 PM
The verdict was in before the season even started, all we're getting now is repeat confirmation:

Clancy is teh suck.

Who should the Chiefs be keeping an eye on for post-2009 season talks?

Braintrust? Thoughts?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2009, 11:23 PM
TheRetardian/thread.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2009, 11:25 PM
TheRetardian/thread.

LMAO

I think he's definitely ready for that next step!

(off the Sears tower)

Mecca
09-21-2009, 11:26 PM
TheRetardian/thread.

He would unveil his special defensive package......The R Tard.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Absurd thread.

Completely absurd.

Let's see what Clancy does with some talent in the front seven and a safety that doesn't run a 4.7.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Abs-

:$2500:

Late in the game/Mercy Hiring; moving on. Candidates please.:D

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Absurd thread.

Completely absurd.

Let's see what Clancy does with some talent in the front seven and a safety that doesn't run a 4.7.

Apparently you missed the last four years in Arizona.

Mecca
Clancy Pendergast is a shit coordinator he has a long track record.

DaneMcCloud
Fucking Shakes the Clown is a better D-coordinator.

And probably has better drugs to numb the pain.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2009, 11:31 PM

Clancy Pendergast is a shit coordinator he has a long track record.

Mention Clancy to a Cards fan, and you'll get the same reaction everytime:

A groan, and a glass-eyed look of constipation.

RealSNR
09-21-2009, 11:32 PM
I really hope Todd Haley doesn't have Dick Vermeil's syndrome.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2009, 11:32 PM

ROFLROFLROFL Rep.

RealSNR
09-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Mention Clancy to a Cards fan.Scuse me? Not following you here. What's that?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2009, 11:34 PM

ROFL ROFL

I'm literally crying right now....ROFL ROFL

Shakes the Clown.....ROFL ROFL

Fucking Shakes the Clown ROFL ROFL.

Holy shit, my stomach hurts ROFL ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Scuse me? Not following you here. What's that?

They're the ones who went to the playoff games with the sales tags still attached to their jerseys.:D

Dante84
09-21-2009, 11:37 PM
ROMEO /KC hip doctors

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2009, 11:40 PM
ROMEO /KC hip doctors

It would be nice if he was still on the list.

Dante84
09-21-2009, 11:41 PM
did he get snatched up?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2009, 11:45 PM
did he get snatched up?

As far as I know, he's recovering and rehabbing. I wouldn't be surprised if Pioli hasn't been staying in touch with him.

Dante84
09-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Oh well, fuck then. Yeah, he's on the list.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2009, 11:47 PM
God, I'm honestly still dying over the thought of a booth with TheRetardian and Shakes the Clown calling in the plays to Corey Mays.

Easy 6
09-21-2009, 11:50 PM
If, as some fairly well precedented history suggests is possible, Clancy doesnt meet with 'approval' & isnt here past 09, i'd say, what about Romeo Crennel?

WildTurkey
09-21-2009, 11:50 PM
How about we trade for Jesus Curry and let him coordinate and play at the same time....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2009, 11:52 PM
God, I'm honestly still dying over the thought of a booth with TheRetardian and Shakes the Clown calling in the plays to Corey Mays.

http://listentoleon.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/shakes-the-clown.jpg

+

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/GUADUANCARD.png

=

http://www.bb62museum.org/images/bb62firing3.jpg

Direckshun
09-22-2009, 12:06 AM
I fail to see what Clancy could be doing that much differently.

His defense was on the field for 2/3s of the first half against the Ravens, and his defense destroyed Jamarcus before he fell back on the prevent, which by the way find me a D-coord that DOESN'T do that in the same situation.

In one offseason he's geared up a defense from a laughing stock to something scrappy, and we're on track to generate twice as many sacks from last year. He's turning a historically awful defense into middle of the pack. Dorsey finally looks like he gets it, and we've finally moved on from Pollard and McBride.

Titty Meat
09-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Clancy is a good cordinator WPI wrote an article about him

Dante84
09-22-2009, 12:18 AM

I'm sure their press credentials gave them some really great insight for that article.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2009, 12:22 AM

I'm well aware. I wrote all about Pendergast's failures in the offseason.

But he's gonna be here regardless so....this thread is stupid.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2009, 12:25 AM
What has Pendergast done so far that is so goddamn stupid?

Direckshun
09-22-2009, 12:26 AM
What has Pendergast done so far that is so goddamn stupid?

Only thing I can think of is going prevent against Oakland in the final minutes.

But every DC in the league does that.

Dante84
09-22-2009, 12:27 AM
500 yards in game one.

Game losing drive to J. Russel in game two.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:27 AM

He won't be here after this season. Do not pretend otherwise.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:29 AM
500 yards in game one.

Game losing drive to J. Russel in game two.

Were obviously too tough on Clancy. I mean Hell, if he can elevate us to "mediocre", let's sign him to the patented Peterson 5-year contract!

Hammock Parties
09-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Only thing I can think of is going prevent against Oakland in the final minutes.

But every DC in the league does that.

It wasn't prevent.

We rushed four and blitzed on a couple downs.

We didn't concede anything, guys just got flat BEAT.

We had them third and 15 and Leggett got BEAT.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:31 AM

The Benchmark of Awesomeness to be sure!

Dante84
09-22-2009, 12:32 AM
The Benchmark of Awesomeness to be sure!

heh, Benchmark went bankrupt.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:34 AM
heh, Benchmark went bankrupt.

They did?!?!? Pray tell; does Burlington Coat Factory soldier on?

Titty Meat
09-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Wheres Hamas's lol scene at?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Wheres Hamas's lol scene at?

Nick stole it.

Dante84
09-22-2009, 12:38 AM
They did?!?!? Pray tell; does Burlington Coat Factory soldier on?

I hope not. Fuck them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:40 AM
I hope not. Fuck them.

ROFL I have never heard ANYONE hate on BCC!

Dante84
09-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I hate them, and I hate "alaskan fur, alaskan fur, alaskan fuuurrrrrrrr"

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:42 AM
I hate them, and I hate "alaskan fur, alaskan fur, alaskan fuuurrrrrrrr"

More than "Watson's"?

Dante84
09-22-2009, 12:43 AM
More than "Watson's"?

No, but right up there with Amini's Galleria.

Dylan
09-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Sun Sentinel columnist Dave Hyde had a column in yesterday's paper on Bill Parcells. Hyde offers insightful conversation with Parcells disciples.

Sun Sentinel

Members of Bill Parcells' coaching tree credit Dolphins' boss
Dave Hyde
Sports Columnist
September 21, 2009

"My whole life I've always had some guys. You gotta have some guys. That's probably one of the fears when I get older: That I won't have any guys."

— Bill Parcells in 2006 interview

"Are you kidding? He's got more guys than anyone," Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley says.

"Just look at his coaching tree," New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton says.

"Is Sean on Bill's tree?" New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin says. "I guess that's how big it is. I don't even know everyone on it."

"His voice stays with all of us," former Cleveland Browns coach Romeo Crennel says.

"The desk plate in front of me came from him," Virginia coach Al Groh says. "I'm looking at it now. 'Just coach the team,' it says. Shortly after I'd become coach of the New York Jets, Bill came in, sat down and asked, 'Do you really care what people think?' I paused and said, 'Other than in matters of morality and integrity, probably not.' He said, 'Good, then you have a chance.'

"Everyone's going to have an opinion on what you should do. Take all the opinions and information. Ultimately, you coach the team the way you need it to be coached. It's served as good advice. When I've had players go on from here to be coaches, I give them a desk plate just like it, one with their new team colors that says just what this one does: 'You coach the team.'"

"Every day with him was Law School," Payton says.

"My first staff meeting of my first training camp with the Giants, Bill asks [special-teams coach] Mike Sweatman, 'If something happens to Dave Meggett, who's going to return punts?'" Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis says. "Sweatman's hemming and hawing. One of the things I did was special-teams quality control. I figured I'd save Sweatman and said, 'Coach, Ingram's ahead of Baker.' Picture the scenario. I'm at one end of a long table. Bill's at the other. He looks at me, quietly folds his arms and says, 'You've been in the league five minutes. Shut the hell up.' I didn't talk again until the eighth week of the season."

"Everyone's got shark bites like that," Payton says.

"Some are bigger than others," Haley says.

"My first draft with him in Dallas, we argued a lot," Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland says. "He liked this guy; I liked that guy. I was hired two years before Bill got there by [team owner] Jerry Jones. So this was really my first draft with him. At the end of the draft, I said, 'That's it, I'm fired.' I really thought I was gone."

"That's probably the one thing I learned from him that I needed most — confrontation isn't a bad thing," Payton says.

"He likes people with conviction so long as you know what you're talking about," Crennel says.

"My favorite Bill story came in 1998 with the Jets before we played the Patriots in what was Tuna Bowl II," Haley says. "We were 2-3. It was on Monday Night Football. I'm a young coach. We went out to practice Thursday, and it was a sloppy practice. Bill called the coaches together and said, 'We're walking off the field.' The whole staff went back to the building, the offensive staff to one room, the defensive staff to their room. Bill says to me, 'Check out the window and see what they're doing.' Richie Anderson and Bryan Cox began leading practice. Bill's distraught. He's saying, 'We've got no chance.' 'Our players can't play.' I'm seeing this and say, 'So we're going to give up?' He looks at me and says, 'Yeah, like you gave up when you couldn't putt.' [Haley had tried to be a pro golfer.] I thought he was going to punch me. Well, we went out and beat the Patriots and went 12-4 that year. He just seems to know what a team needs, like he has a sixth sense."

"That same thing happened to us [with the Cowboys]," Dolphins coach Tony Sparano says.

"Bill understands the pressure involved in the game," Crennel says. "He wants to know whether the players and coaches can handle the pressure. Therefore, he applies it during the week to see they can handle it. He wants to know who can perform under that pressure the game brings."

"The quality that separates Bill Parcells from everyone else is what I call 'button-pushing,'" Weis says. "He knows everyone in the organization and what button to push for that one person to perform at a higher level. No matter who you are, he figures you out. I was coordinator with the Jets, and the one thing I prided myself on is I was never going to be outworked. Never. Sometimes when he'd be leaving to go home, he'd stop in my office and say, 'You looking to cut out early again, huh?' Then he'd go out the door. Well, that did it. If I was thinking of leaving, no way I was then. I'd stay and work another hour or two."

"We're different, and I'm not saying one's better or worse, but the biggest thing I'd say about Bill is he never lost sight of the big picture," New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick says. "He's not a real detail guy. I'm probably a little more like that. I'm a detail guy and he's a big-picture guy and good at things only a head coach can do. Setting schedules, making decisions instead of waiting. Those things are important when you have operations people or scouts look at you for direction."

"He taught me the importance of reducing the quantity of offense," Payton says. "During the offseason, you work on the index of runs and passes. These are the plays we want to be good at. We'd spend weeks on that list. Weeks. Then at some point in the spring, he'd laminate the list. That'd be it. Those were the plays we were going to work on being good at. No more were added. More is not better."

"I learned to win from him," Coughlin says. "The Redskins were a tremendous rival of ours. Joe Gibbs and Bill Parcells. They had an outstanding defense and one time we literally went down there with our entire offense consisting of three-step drops, quick slants, fades and a running game. I'm thinking, 'Holy smokes, how're we going to win?' We won the game. It was a revelation to me. It was an example of knowing your opponent and not going overboard with your thinking."

"He reduces things to something simple," Ireland says. "You're talking of 40 times and quickness and different tests and he asks, 'Does it look like a football player?' I just came in from working out a player and there was something that wasn't right. He said, 'Is there a player you know he looks like?' Things like that keep you thinking right."

"One time Bill got mad at coaches looking at their [play] scripts instead of coaching," Sparano said. "He told the equipment guy to collect all the scripts. 'OK, now, call the plays against the defense.' Just so we'd watch more closely at what was going on."

"I was always there in the morning and one day he wanted me to go to the local coffee shop with him," Coughlin says. "This is a New Jersey bagel and hard-roll coffee shop. As soon as we walk in, he's starting in on the guys at the counter and they're starting in on him. He's got a smile on his face. What people don't realize who don't know him is he's very witty, very engaging."

"He's got a nickname for everyone," Haley says.

"I was Dennis the Menace because I had hair that spiked a little and stuck up in the back," Payton says.

"Doom — I don't remember why that came up," Belichick says.

"I was Punxsutawney Jeff in Dallas," Ireland says. "He'd say, 'You general managers stick your head out of the ground every year in February and, if everything's clear, you come up.'"

"He's got all kinds of sayings," Coughlin says.

"When he left Dallas, I gave him a baseball bat that had a list of his sayings on it," Ireland says. "'One wrong, all wrong' is one that stuck with me. I use it in meetings. You need to be on the same page in an organization, and when one of us makes a mistake, we all do."

"I like, 'If he doesn't bite as a puppy, he won't bite' — saying if a rookie doesn't do something right away he might not ever," Sparano says.

"'He's like a ball in high grass — lost,'" Belichick says.

"He has a line for every position — 'Small corners with great skills can play; small corners with good skills are targets,'" Payton says.

"He uses a couple lines from his dad," Dolphins offensive coordinator Dan Henning says. "'It's darkest just before it goes pitch black.' And, 'Big cigars and motor cars.' That refers to someone who's head's gotten too big. If a player's getting like that, Bill and I just say, 'Big cigars and motor cars.'"

"'He needs a year in Joplin,'" Weis says. "Sometimes I'll say that in a staff meeting and everyone looks at me, like, 'What's he talking about?' It was a Mickey Mantle analogy. Bill's a baseball fan and when Mantle wasn't quite ready for the big leagues he needed a year in Joplin to develop."

"He'll say, 'I want beavers,'" Ireland says. "When you ask what that means, he'll say, 'What's a beaver do?' 'Chop down trees.' 'What else does it do?' 'Well, nothing. It just chops trees.' 'That's why I want beavers.' He wants guys who just think football."

"I use so many lines and do so many things like Bill I don't even realize it," Haley says. "Mo Carthon and Dedric Ward were with Bill and are on my staff. Mo said after one staff meeting, 'I was looking down, listening, and had to look up to see who was talking. You sound just like Parcells.' I took that as a great compliment."

"I still pick his brain whenever I have a chance," Payton says.

"I called him before, during and after the hiring process [in Kansas City] — called him on the day I got the contract for some help," Haley says. "He must've known I was worked up. He answered the phone, 'Yes, honey, what is it?'"

"I get gray socks from him every once in a while," Coughlin says. "Syracuse, where I went, wore gray socks. The fact he even knew of the gray socks, that's something. But he'd send along a pair of gray socks and, as soon as I saw them, I'd get a smile. What he's saying is, 'Don't forget your roots, who you are.'"

"We talk when we can," Weis says.

"A couple times a year," Coughlin says.

"All the time," Sparano says. "How to put together the 53-man roster. What to do in this situation. When I got the job here, just before the summer, I was going to do some homework on my break on fourth-and-1s. I went to him and said, 'Talk to me about your philosophy on fourth downs.'"

"That's what's great," Ireland says. "I go across the hall with something, and he says something, and that bouncing thoughts off each other leads to the spark of an idea."

All the interviews for this story were conducted individually and mostly over the phone. For the purpose of the story, the quotes were interspersed, typically by subject matter.

Dave Hyde can be reached at dhyde@SunSentinel.com

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-hyde-parcells-tree-s092109sbsep21,0,5291253.column?page=2

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:45 AM
No, but right up there with Amini's Galleria.

Oh, I had forgotten all about them. Thanks for the reminder.:cuss::D

I will always love Harold Penner's, and their Superfly Easter Suits.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:47 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-hyde-parcells-tree-s092109sbsep21,0,5291253.column?page=2

Nice read. Thanks!

Dante84
09-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Oh, I had forgotten all about them. Thanks for the reminder.:cuss::D

I will always love Harold Penner's, and their Superfly Easter Suits.

SO gangsta. Rollin' derrrrrty up in that chuch for the Son rise.

But I wasn't about to pay that much when I could pay less and have it be "THE SAAAMMEEE THIIIIINNNG!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:50 AM
SO gangsta. Rollin' derrrrrty up in that chuch for the Son rise.

But I wasn't about to pay that much when I could pay less and have it be "THE SAAAMMEEE THIIIIINNNG!!!

LMAO Yes. This.

Dante84
09-22-2009, 12:51 AM
On that note..... Im out. Big day of losing my soul slowly at work tomorrow.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 12:53 AM
On that note..... Im out. Big day of losing my soul slowly at work tomorrow.

Sounds awesome! lol. Later.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Good article, but the sonofabitch still hasn't won a single playoff game without Belichick as his D-Coordinator.

Oh, and I want to know why Clancy gets a pass for our D being on the field all day against Baltimore, when they gave up over a half dozen conversions of 3rd and 7 or longer.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2009, 01:07 AM
Good article, but the sonofabitch still hasn't won a single playoff game without Belichick as his D-Coordinator.

Oh, and I want to know why Clancy gets a pass for our D being on the field all day against Baltimore, when they gave up over a half dozen conversions of 3rd and 7 or longer.

Because we have no pass rushers and no one who can cover the middle of the field?

As far as I'm concerned the entire staff gets a pass this year. We still have lots of shit on this roster to flush.

Rausch
09-22-2009, 01:09 AM
I have absolutely no problems with Clancy so far.

He's stuck with over-the-hill probowlers and underachievers and still had our d playing respectable in both games.

No, not great, respecatable. You look at the Oakland numbers and that's a good defensive outing. Why we suddenly folded on their game winning TD drive is beyond me (that bullshit late hit call didn't help) but I'm proud of the way our D's played after 2 games...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Because we have no pass rushers and no one who can cover the middle of the field?

As far as I'm concerned the entire staff gets a pass this year. We still have lots of shit on this roster to flush.

And some of it coaches the D Line.

Titty Meat
09-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Did ya'll not see the super bowl where Pendergast just played a prevent defense aginst 1 of the shittest o-lines ?

Rausch
09-22-2009, 01:17 AM
And some of it coaches the D Line.

I fucking hate Crummy but the D line played great last week...

tk13
09-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Well I wasn't thrilled with the hire but to this point I'd say he's exceeded expectations. But it's way too early for that stuff. To be fair he was saddled with the worst pass rushing team in the history of football.

salame
09-22-2009, 02:31 AM
http://www.huskerextra.com/content/articles/2009/08/31/football/doc4a9b2e96457ee986807939.jpg
this guy

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 02:33 AM
http://www.huskerextra.com/content/articles/2009/08/31/football/doc4a9b2e96457ee986807939.jpg
this guy

LMAO

Rausch
09-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Well I wasn't thrilled with the hire but to this point I'd say he's exceeded expectations. But it's way too early for that stuff. To be fair he was saddled with the worst pass rushing team in the history of football.

And we've improved from "better than suck" to " shutting down what you should shut down."

To hold the Raiders to what we did is what a good defense should do. $hitty offenses should be shut down and held to 14 or less.

I'm more critical of Haley's playcalling at this point...

Saccopoo
09-22-2009, 02:35 AM
How about we trade for Jesus Curry and let him coordinate and play at the same time....

This franchise isn't that lucky.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 02:38 AM
And we've improved from "better than suck" to " shutting down what you should shut down."

To hold the Raiders to what we did is what a good defense should do. $hitty offenses should be shut down and held to 14 or less.

I'm more critical of Haley's playcalling at this point...

No. Wrong.

Good defenses answer the call and keep the Raiders out of the end zone on that last drive. And they damn sure do it at home. Look at what happened with Miami and Indy tonight. EVERYTHING in football is about stepping up when you're supposed to.

Saccopoo
09-22-2009, 02:39 AM
It wasn't prevent.

We rushed four and blitzed on a couple downs.

We didn't concede anything, guys just got flat BEAT.

We had them third and 15 and Leggett got BEAT.

Leggett is going to get challenged every single down he is in for the rest of the season. Either he steps it up big time or he is going to be best friends with the water cooler by week five.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 02:39 AM
This franchise isn't that lucky.

Luck comes in to play when you have a team that can generate it.

salame
09-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Jamarcus Russel is the worst quarterback bust ever
worse than ryan leaf
and he is fat as hell

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/marcusjamarcus.bmp

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 02:43 AM
Jamarcus Russel is the worst quarterback bust ever
worse than ryan leaf
and he is fat as hell

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/marcusjamarcus.bmp

Gawd DAMN!

Rausch
09-22-2009, 02:50 AM
No. Wrong.

Good defenses answer the call and keep the Raiders out of the end zone on that last drive. And they damn sure do it at home. Look at what happened with Miami and Indy tonight. EVERYTHING in football is about stepping up when you're supposed to.

The defense has the last two weeks.

In fact the defense has carried this team to respectable the last two weeks. Haley's offense has been a complete cluster-fuck disaster in every way, shape, and form.

No yards, no points, no ability to sustain drives beyond the 50, no wins.

Nothing.

I sat there watching Shotgun draws and delays one after another. It became retarded. It was like a 13 year old kid playing madden.

And this game LJ came out and looked like the old LJ. He ran hard, angry, and produced. For the most part he was decisive once he got the ball and didn't dance around behind the line.

Haley, did not, in any way, appear to take that into account.

Blick
09-22-2009, 03:03 AM

In fact the defense has carried this team to respectable the last two weeks. Haley's offense has been a complete cluster-**** disaster in every way, shape, and form.

Nothing.

I sat there watching Shotgun draws and delays one after another. It became retarded. It was like a 13 year old kid playing madden.

And this game LJ came out and looked like the old LJ. He ran hard, angry, and produced. For the most part he was decisive once he got the ball and didn't dance around behind the line.

We got yards on the Raiders.

LJ looked decent. I wouldn't say he ran like the old LJ. He got tackled by the first guy that hit him far too often.

Haley didn't have anything to do with Cassel throwing 2 drive killing INT's as well as that retarded throw to Savage before the half ended.

Rausch
09-22-2009, 03:08 AM
We got yards on the Raiders.

LJ looked decent. I wouldn't say he ran like the old LJ. He got tackled by the first guy that hit him far too often.

I saw a different game.

I saw LJ fighting for yards after contact and being much more decisive getting the ball. I think, given the chance to watch the game again, you'd change your mind.

Haley didn't have anything to do with Cassel throwing 2 drive killing INT's as well as that retarded throw to Savage before the half ended.

It's his QB, running his offense, under HIS playcalling.

I really don't know who should be held more responsible...

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2009, 03:11 AM
Luck comes in to play when you have a team that can generate it.

Luck is when hardwork and preparation meets oppurtunity and KC fucked up that shit so bad the Chiefs luck has syphilis now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 03:13 AM
Luck is when hardwork and preparation meets oppurtunity and KC fucked up that shit so bad the Chiefs luck has syphilis now.

This.

Rausch
09-22-2009, 03:13 AM
Luck is when hardwork and preparation meets oppurtunity and KC ****ed up that shit so bad the Chiefs luck has syphilis now.

That would explain Haley...

http://www.zilefile.com/files/197_nlqcf/crazy%20-%20hell%20yes%20its%20contagious-%20dont%20make%20eye%20contact.jpg[/http://www.zilefile.com/files/197_nlqcf/crazy%20-%20hell%20yes%20its%20contagious-%20dont%20make%20eye%20contact.jpg

Blick
09-22-2009, 03:22 AM
I saw a different game.

I saw LJ fighting for yards after contact and being much more decisive getting the ball. I think, given the chance to watch the game again, you'd change your mind.

It's his QB, running his offense, under HIS playcalling.

I really don't know who should be held more responsible...

Obviously.

I said LJ looked decent. I didn't say he looked terrible. I said he got tackled too often by the first guy that hit him...I didn't say that he never broke a tackle or didn't fight for extra yards. He may have tried to get extra yards, but he didn't get many.

Haley doesn't make decisions for Cassel. If you honestly believe that the play at the end of the half was designed to go to Savage in the flat, then you are retarded. That's where Cassel decided to go with the ball. It was also Cassel's fault that he stared down the middle of the field twice and got picked. Sure, it's Haley's offense and his plays, but it's Cassel's job to execute, and he failed to execute on several plays on Sunday.

Rausch
09-22-2009, 03:36 AM
Obviously.

I said LJ looked decent. I didn't say he looked terrible. I said he got tackled too often by the first guy that hit him...I didn't say that he never broke a tackle or didn't fight for extra yards. He may have tried to get extra yards, but he didn't get many.

Again, I disagree.

He looked, to me, the best he's looked in 2 years last week. And this with a gameplan that does not at all suit him.

Haley doesn't make decisions for Cassel. If you honestly believe that the play at the end of the half was designed to go to Savage in the flat, then you are retarded. That's where Cassel decided to go with the ball. It was also Cassel's fault that he stared down the middle of the field twice and got picked. Sure, it's Haley's offense and his plays, but it's Cassel's job to execute, and he failed to execute on several plays on Sunday.

I see Trent Green.

I see a QB in his first year with a team, struggling with ****ing dogshit offensive talent, and a line that couldn't stop water from going uphill.

I flat out refuse to judge our QB on the talent and coaching given him this year. In fact, I think he'll outlast our HC.

If Cassel had half the team around him Green had he would be absolutely amazing...

Hammock Parties
09-22-2009, 03:54 AM

In fact the defense has carried this team to respectable the last two weeks. Haley's offense has been a complete cluster-fuck disaster in every way, shape, and form.

Nothing.

WTF?

No yards?

We had 400 fucking yards, Rausch.

The shotgun draws and delays were all outstanding playcalling. It's plain to anyone we can't run the ball straight up from under center. Not with this O-line. We need to be crafty about it, make them respect the pass a little.

The offense was anything but a clusterfuck Sunday. They moved the ball well. They didn't score because of errors in execution - hardly on Haley.

Also, LJ had 27 touches and you want to say Haley didn't take the way he was playing into account?

Come on. He made an effort to get that guy the ball AND made sure he got enough rest to stay fresh during the game.

Rausch
09-22-2009, 04:02 AM
The offense was anything but a cluster**** Sunday. They moved the ball well. They didn't score because of errors in execution - hardly on Haley.

WRONG.

Same song and dance under Herm.

"We just didn't execute."

Well, the defense did. They had one long-drive huge fuckup.

Your offense can't say that.

At times Cassel was amazing and rookie. But you absolutely, can NOT, call the same fucking play in a different wrapper for 2 quarters. I see very little different from Chan's scheme other than DV's motions out of a shotgun formation.

That's about it. A $#it ton of movement. And just like DV's first year most everyone was confused...

Hammock Parties
09-22-2009, 04:08 AM
WRONG.

Come on. They DID execute for the most part. Because Haley knows his offense's strengths and weaknesses. That's why they don't try to pound LJ straight up the gut all the time like Herm. Because Haley KNOWS that won't work.

The draw play was our BEST running play Sunday, Rausch.

We didn't score because of three fuckups by players - two interceptions and the pre-halftime snafu....

Haley called a wonderful game. You cannot criticize his playcalling when O moves up and down the field all game.

And by the way, you absolutely CAN call the same play in a different wrapper. Lots of teams do it. DV's offense did it all the frickin' time.

Herm's teams kept calling the same shit in the same wrapper and...lo and behold it got stuffed.

Haley = anti-Herm

Rausch
09-22-2009, 04:32 AM
Come on. They DID execute for the most part. Because Haley knows his offense's strengths and weaknesses. That's why they don't try to pound LJ straight up the gut all the time like Herm. Because Haley KNOWS that won't work.

The draw play was our BEST running play Sunday, Rausch.

I'd agree.

It was stupid how well it worked. LJ did get crazy yards on draw, after draw, after delay, after trap, etc.

Honestly though, we just flat out ran the ball good. We did, and we didn't stick with it.

The ****ing Raiders OUT-CHIEF-ED us...

Haley = anti-Herm

In ten years there will be a heated argument over who's hated most...

OctoberFart
09-22-2009, 05:59 AM
Absurd thread.

Completely absurd.

Look at Arizona's Defense last year. Over 400 pts allowed with several 40 pt efforts and a 56 pt effort.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Look at Arizona's Defense last year. Over 400 pts allowed with several 40 pt efforts and a 56 pt effort.
and yet held your scrub offense to 166 yards. What does that say about your scrub team

DumbHillbillies
09-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Yeah, never understood this signing. Perhaps Romeo Crenell

MahiMike
09-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Wow. Week 3. Why don't we go ahead and start the 2010 draft thread while we're at it. Fair weather fans should be banned.

htismaqe
09-22-2009, 10:10 AM
WRONG.

Well, the defense did. They had one long-drive huge ****up.

Your offense can't say that.

At times Cassel was amazing and rookie. But you absolutely, can NOT, call the same ****ing play in a different wrapper for 2 quarters. I see very little different from Chan's scheme other than DV's motions out of a shotgun formation.

That's about it. A $#it ton of movement. And just like DV's first year most everyone was confused...

The playcalling was absolutely FINE.

The head coach can't control whether or not his QB uses his checkdown.

And the offensive coordinator doesn't commit a dozen offensive line penalties.

OctoberFart
09-22-2009, 11:20 AM
and yet held your scrub offense to 166 yards. What does that say about your scrub team

I would hope you could hold the team with the worst starting QB in the league's offense to 166 yds. The dancing elephant was 7-24 and it wasn't because of some stout confusing D that was out on the field he just couldn't hit wide open recievers. He couldn't hit water if he jumped out of a boat.

Titty Meat
09-22-2009, 12:33 PM
I'd agree.

In ten years there will be a heated argument over who's hated most...

No way

DaneMcCloud
09-22-2009, 08:37 PM

He's going to be the Chiefs DC in 2010, regardless?

Really?

Is this a WPI exclusive?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
He's going to be the Chiefs DC in 2010, regardless?

Really?

Is this a WPI exclusive?

Like tablets and Moses!