PDA

View Full Version : Life Your Daughter

Direckshun
09-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Warning, this is a slightly disturbing topic.

I was reading this essay (http://freestudents.blogspot.com/2009/09/there-is-fury-and-and-sadness-inside.html) about how sex laws have actually created a bit of a monster in our youth, in that our daughters are far more likely to be sexually assaulted by somebody in their teens than they are by anybody in their 20s or 30s or the ages of men we see in To Catch a Predator.

How much more likely?

Well:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e20120a5dede55970c-320wi

It's a brilliant article on this phenomenon, one of the best pieces I think I have ever read.

But my question is what you'd do if this happened to your daughter.

If your daughter came home and claimed she had been seriously sexually assaulted (including but not necessarily raped), what would you do? Would you turn him in, or would you track him down and exert your own brand of justice?

Think about it -- I'm not asking for reactionary or prove-how-tough-you-are. I'm asking you to think about your life situation. With everything in your life that depends on you right now -- what would you do?

The Franchise
09-22-2009, 04:18 PM
It would be made into a movie. Because I'd honestly put it in the system's hands at first...and if it failed me.....he would get tortured until he died.

Donger
09-22-2009, 04:18 PM
I don't think I'd be able to restrain myself, actually. But having three older brothers would help.

Fire Me Boy!
09-22-2009, 04:20 PM
It would be made into a movie. Because I'd honestly put it in the system's hands at first...and if it failed me.....he would get tortured until he died.

I think this would be my answer, as well. Having no children, however, I can't say for sure.

MichaelH
09-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I am fortunate to have two boys and no girls. My wife always says it's a good thing we have no girls because I'd make her boyfriend's life a living hell. I am assuming this attack was totally unprovoked and uncalled for. I would beat the perp senseless and then call the cops to take care of him.

The Franchise
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
And FWIW.....I'm not to sure that the sicko would need to be worrying about me. My wife would kill him before I even got near him.

Bowser
09-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Turn him in. It would be a monumental effort of self restraint to not bust the little fucker up, though.

Stewie
09-22-2009, 04:32 PM
There's a steep learning curve from 10 to 14. They must be well educated.

RJ
09-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Turn the matter over to the police. Ultimately, nothing good can come from exacting your own vengeance except momentary satisfaction.

Edit: I posted before reading the article. I believe I misunderstood the premise.

Brock
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
In a lot of cases, they're prosecuting kids, male and female for sexual activity that kids have always done. So, the kid gets his life ruined and his picture on the web for 10 years because him and his girlfriend went too far and her parents found out or whatever. And don't get caught streaking or mooning somebody. It's taken (way too) seriously these days.

BWillie
09-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Sexually assaulted but not raped? Sooo...whats the difference?

RJ
09-22-2009, 04:53 PM
If your daughter came home and claimed she had been seriously sexually assaulted (including but not necessarily raped), what would you do? Would you turn him in, or would you track him down and exert your own brand of justice?

If my daughter were a teenager and if she were claiming to have been "seriously sexually assaulted", then I would have to trust the child I have raised to be truthful about such a serious accusation. I would contact the police and take her to a hospital.

What would the alternatives be? If the boy really is a sexual criminal, giving him an ass-whipping or talking to his parents won't take him off the street.

Tough question. According to the law, there are two types of teenage boys. Sex offenders, and those who are trying to be.

Fritz88
09-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Let's see. If I turned him in, he would be labeled a sexual offender. Would get rejected from many jobs, not everyone would want to live in his neighborhood and might get a few years in jail where he would ultimately drop the soup.

If I wanted to exert my own brand of justice, I might do some damage but I could end up in jail as well because I might kill him or smash his leg or even put a baseball bat up his rectum.

Turning him in would be the wise move.

I don't have kids so I might be less emotionally invested in this. If I had a kid I might change my opinion.

Mecca
09-22-2009, 04:58 PM
In a lot of cases, they're prosecuting kids, male and female for sexual activity that kids have always done. So, the kid gets his life ruined and his picture on the web for 10 years because him and his girlfriend went too far and her parents found out or whatever. And don't get caught streaking or mooning somebody. It's taken (way too) seriously these days.

This is an outstanding take.

Some kid gets his life ruined because a girls parents wig out about her having sex.

lostcause
09-22-2009, 04:59 PM
good article and fucked up as usual legislation.

lostcause
09-22-2009, 05:01 PM
and everyone responding to the wording in the op and graph in the op are being misled without reading the article. I would assume that most parents would like their children to be abstinent until later in life, but that is not really likely under most circumstances. When you categorize consensual sex between 16 year olds as sexual assault, you are making a mockery of what sexual assault really is.

Iowanian
09-22-2009, 05:01 PM
After this many years around farms, I'm skilled at Testical removal, with both sharp and dull blades.

alnorth
09-22-2009, 05:02 PM
It doesn't appear that very many here (any?) actually read the article, and the OP does a very poor job of explaining what the article is about. The poll is stupid as hell too in the context of that article.

The article is basically one of those Romeo and Juliet situation articles where something that really shouldnt be a crime (not assault, the article is talking about voluntary), but because it happens in the wrong state where the laws are a little crazy and the ages are just a few months in the wrong direction, the 14-17 yr old boy's life is destroyed forever. Branded with the scarlet "sexual offender" and listed on the internet for any vigilante or curious neighbor to find all because he and his young girlfriend were doing something that the state doesnt approve of in spite of their hormones.

Bowser
09-22-2009, 05:03 PM
and everyone responding to the wording in the op and graph in the op are being misled without reading the article. I would assume that most parents would like their children to be abstinent until later in life, but that is not really likely under most circumstances. When you categorize consensual sex between 16 year olds as sexual assault, you are making a mockery of what sexual assault really is.

My response was based upon the hypothetical that she would come home beaten up telling us she was raped.

lostcause
09-22-2009, 05:04 PM
My response was based upon the hypothetical that she would come home beaten up telling us she was raped.

and then your initial response would be warranted. However, that is not any where near the point of the article that is included in the op.

Bowser
09-22-2009, 05:06 PM
and then your initial response would be warranted. However, that is not any where near the point of the article that is included in the op.

He posed the question after he posted the link to the story. That was what I responded to.

And no, I haven't read the article yet. Not sure if I want to, heh.

RJ
09-22-2009, 05:08 PM

Some kid gets his life ruined because a girls parents wig out about her having sex.

The question in the thread starter was "seriously sexually assaulted". Try to imagine you are a parent.

Brock
09-22-2009, 05:11 PM
The question in the thread starter was "seriously sexually assaulted". Try to imagine you are a parent.

The question in the thread starter has little to do with the article in the link.

RJ
09-22-2009, 05:16 PM
The question in the thread starter has little to do with the article in the link.

Yes, I agree, but it's still the question that was asked.

Change the question from "seriously sexually assaulted" to "went in the woods and got naked with the boy down the street" and I'll have a different answer.

Bwana
09-22-2009, 05:20 PM
What would I do? Take a wild fucking guess.

CoMoChief
09-22-2009, 05:21 PM
I dont know. This can be a subject with a lot of gray area.

Here's the thing. A lot of people start having sex when they get their driver's license, WHY? It's because they can drive on their own pretty much wherever they please. It's not like in Jr High where Mom and Dad had to drive you and pick you up, and anytime you could get some is at a party at a friends house. And most High Schools get out before a lot parents get home from work. What do young horny young males think? "Oh I will just have this girl come over" and (in Jim Brewer's words) JACKPOT!!! To be honest that's how I swiped my V-Card. We were both 16, both underage, and a girl I was kinda seeing at the time. And you still have some guys in college that turn 18 (not a minor) that are still dating underage (17-lower) girls that are Seniors in HS. I know things can get really complicated in this scenario. The way the law is written that is considered illegal. Just like that one Georgia football player whose life and fball career is now ruined (if I remember the story correctly). Its not like in 50's and 60's where a mom would stay at home while the father would work. Now a days both parents work. And a lot of times no one is home when HS children get out of school. Now a days, kids have more places to **** around.

Having THAT said, if anything was done to my daughter that wasn't consensual, if the justice system didn't right the situation, I would sure as shit take matters into my own hands.

lostcause
09-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Yes, I agree, but it's still the question that was asked.

Change the question from "seriously sexually assaulted" to "went in the woods and got naked with the boy down the street" and I'll have a different answer.

legitimate question... but then don't back it up with extraneous graphs and links to blogs that aren't pertinent.

Brock
09-22-2009, 05:23 PM
legitimate question... but then don't back it up with extraneous graphs and links to blogs that aren't pertinent.

It's a Dreckshun thang.

Bowser
09-22-2009, 05:25 PM
What would I do? Take a wild fucking guess.

Sit down with the young man, and explain to him the life isn't like MTV's Real World. Explain that all actions have consequences, and that he can't think he's untouchable or above it all. Make him understand your daughter is precious to you, and that she is a living, breathing person who shouldn't be treated like an object.

I suspect you will do all that just before you throw his still conscious body into the woodchipper positioned over the cliff with the river at the bottom.

RJ
09-22-2009, 05:25 PM

Perhaps Direckshun was conducting some way out social experiment for his acid dropping liberal hippie teachers.

I don't know, it's all I can think of.

Halfcan
09-22-2009, 05:26 PM

yep

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Welcome to America. Land of non accountability. We didn't properly teach our beautiful daughter the virtues of keeping her legs closed, so we'll have Jimmy prosecuted to save face. It's fuckin pathetic.

CoMoChief
09-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Perhaps Direckshun was conducting some way out social experiment for his acid dropping liberal hippie teachers.

I would most certainly agree with this after reading some of the bullshit he's spewed around in the DC forum.

JohninGpt
09-22-2009, 05:31 PM
I have a beautiful 13 year old daughter, who I am very protective of, but I don't think I could honestly answer this question. I just don't think I could predict how I would react.
Now, if I caught the scumbag in the act, game over.

Bwana
09-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Sit down with the young man, and explain to him the life isn't like MTV's Real World. Explain that all actions have consequences, and that he can't think he's untouchable or above it all. Make him understand your daughter is precious to you, and that she is a living, breathing person who shouldn't be treated like an object.

I suspect you will do all that just before you throw his still conscious body into the woodchipper positioned over the cliff with the river at the bottom.

LMAO

You're not that far off.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2009, 05:38 PM
I have a beautiful 13 year old daughter, who I am very protective of, but I don't think I could honestly answer this question. I just don't think I could predict how I would react.
Now, if I caught the scumbag in the act, game over.

Did you ever bang someone else's beautiful 13 year old daughter when you were 14 or 15 years old? If not, fair enough. If so, imagine your life today and whether or not you'd even have that beautiful 13 year old daughter had what happens to so many, happened to you. I'm not by any means trying to give you the business here, I admire your honesty, and willingness to even consider the scenario.

I just adamantly feel like we are taking every step possible to hold men to higher standards than women. A woman can say no. If she doesn't, it's still the guy's fault. Now imagine applying that crazy rationale to children. But I'm the evil one because I smoke cigarettes around them. LOL Sorry, rant over.

JohninGpt
09-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Did you ever bang someone else's beautiful 13 year old daughter when you were 14 or 15 years old? If not, fair enough. If so, imagine your life today and whether or not you'd even have that beautiful 13 year old daughter had what happens to so many, happened to you. I'm not by any means trying to give you the business here, I admire your honesty, and willingness to even consider the scenario.

I just adamantly feel like we are taking every step possible to hold men to higher standards than women. A woman can say no. If she doesn't, it's still the guy's fault. Now imagine applying that crazy rationale to children. But I'm the evil one because I smoke cigarettes around them. LOL Sorry, rant over.

The question was about assault, not a couple kids getting it on. That is a completely different story. However it is still a story that would make me very hard to get along with...for either of them.

alnorth
09-22-2009, 05:49 PM

If this was in place back when I was growing up, a lot of kids I knew would be living very different lives as adults today. Forget college, forget ever having a job that wasnt total crap, always wonder whether some crazy person who doesnt know what actually happened is going to vandalize your stuff tomorrow, all because some girl's ultra-religious and conservative parents freaked out 15 years ago.

JOhn
09-22-2009, 05:50 PM
After this many years around farms, I'm skilled at Testical removal, with both sharp and dull blades. guns work well also
Posted via Mobile Device

alnorth
09-22-2009, 05:51 PM
The question was about assault, not a couple kids getting it on.

Exactly. The question was assault, which makes some of us (who actually read the article) wonder why the OP would link something that had absolutely nothing to do with assault whatsoever. The only way this makes sense is if Direckshun believes every single 14-year old boy on those lists is a crazed sex criminal and the author of the story is completely wrong.

This would be sort of like posting a poll asking what punishment we should give to rapists, then linking a story about the Duke rape case. That wouldnt make any sense either unless you believed those guys got away with it.

SDChiefs
09-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I would beat him 7 ways from Sunday

JohninGpt
09-22-2009, 05:53 PM
...The only way this makes sense is if Direckshun believes every single 14-year old boy on those lists is a crazed sex criminal and the author of the story is completely wrong.

Sex crazed? Yes, but not necessarily criminal.

Kerberos
09-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I am fortunate to have two boys and no girls. My wife always says it's a good thing we have no girls because I'd make her boyfriend's life a living hell. I am assuming this attack was totally unprovoked and uncalled for. I would beat the perp senseless and then call the cops to take care of him.

What would make this article more disturbing is the fact that young boys can be subjected to assault and rape as well.

If it were my son that was the target......It would be a time to get medieval on somebody's ass with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

I would use the temporary insanity plea because I don't believe my actions would be of sound mind.

SDChiefs
09-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Didn't read the article. If it was consensual sex then she would not leave the house til she were 35. Can't blame a horny little teenage boy for thinking with his dipstick.

RJ
09-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Seriously sexually assaulted does not = neighbor kid had his hand down my pants and I had my hand down his.

I would sincerely hope my daughter would never tell such a lie.

Gadzooks
09-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Perhaps Dicks'n'bum was conducting some way out social experiment for his acid dropping liberal hippie teachers.

This.:rolleyes:

Bwana
09-22-2009, 06:39 PM

True and as long as I have some little shit weed hog tied in the back of my Super Duty, I might as well toss the liberal in as well. One hole, two douche bags, no extra charge.

RJ
09-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Direckshun!!

I think you got some splainin' to do!

Sure-Oz
09-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Sexually assaulted but not raped? Sooo...whats the difference?

Maybe beating up a girl with your five dollar footlong?

Simplex3
09-22-2009, 06:55 PM
...Because I'd honestly put it in the system's hands at first...and if it failed me.....he would get tortured until he died.

This.

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2009, 08:20 PM
The question in the thread starter has little to do with the article in the link.Very good point. I appreciate the fact that fathers don't want their girls to have sex. I would also understand serving a beat down on someone who assaults your child. However, if the 15-17 year olds are having consensual relations, physically attacking the boy in question likely won't turn out well either.

Mosbonian
09-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Welcome to America. Land of non accountability. We didn't properly teach our beautiful daughter the virtues of keeping her legs closed, so we'll have Jimmy prosecuted to save face. It's ****in pathetic.

What about little Jimmy's parents? How about his accountability?

If we are going to questions her/her parents accountability then the same should be posed to him/his parents.

mmaddog

alnorth
09-22-2009, 08:27 PM

If we are going to questions her/her parents accountability then the same should be posed to him/his parents.

mmaddog

Thats fine, but what we are talking about is a punishment so horrific, that little Jimmy would have literally been better off robbing a liquor store. Juvenile offense, probably no felony, some time away from parents at a juvenile facility, but then the record is probably sealed and he's not on the life-destroying sexual offender list.

Not to mention that there's almost no chance the girl would receive the same punishment unless she were like 3 years older.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2009, 08:29 PM

mmaddog

I agree there should be equal accountability, but if that's the case, then why aren't both parties going to jail and facing the same repercussions? All I'm saying is it's incredibly oppressive legislature. There is no real argument that sex is much more desirable for boys rather than girls. Yet the onus of restraint, and abstinence falls on the boy's shoulders. Not only that, but he's having his life completely ruined over an activity that 80% of his friends are participating in, and not getting in any trouble at all. That just doesn't make any sense IMO.

RJ
09-22-2009, 08:34 PM
I think reasonable people would agree that consensual sex between teenagers of about the same age (assuming no mental disabilities) shouldn't be punishable for either party. I also think most of us would agree that this seldom would occur.

Seriously, how often can this possibly come up? Seems like it would have to be very rare. Am I naive?

Mosbonian
09-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Very good point. I appreciate the fact that fathers don't want their girls to have sex. I would also understand serving a beat down on someone who assaults your child. However, if the 15-17 year olds are having consensual relations, physically attacking the boy in question likely won't turn out well either.

As a father of a 13 (soon to be 14) y/o daughter, I don't want her to have sex until she gets married. But remembering what it was like when I was a teen, I know the only control there will be is what she exerts.

Putting myself in either situation examined here I can tell you that if it was non-consensual, it's not me he has to worry about, it's the wife.

Better put...

Non-consensual: Meeting with Mr. Police Office and a later introduction to Mr. Gargantuan at Any Prison USA.

Consensual:: A discussion with his parents with both children present.....and her being grounded/losing privileges/any other punishment I can think of.

mmaddog

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2009, 08:37 PM
As a father of a 13 (soon to be 14) y/o daughter, I don't want her to have sex until she gets married. But remembering what it was like when I was a teen, I know the only control there will be is what she exerts.

Putting myself in either situation examined here I can tell you that if it was non-consensual, it's not me he has to worry about, it's the wife.

Better put...

Non-consensual: Meeting with Mr. Police Office and a later introduction to Mr. Gargantuan at Any Prison USA.

Consensual:: A discussion with his parents with both children present.....and her being grounded/losing privileges/any other punishment I can think of.

mmaddog

FTR, my responses have been in response to the article that Noereksion posted. Not the weird, hypothetical, slightly creepy scenario he dreamed up in the OP. :p

Mosbonian
09-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Thats fine, but what we are talking about is a punishment so horrific, that little Jimmy would have literally been better off robbing a liquor store. Juvenile offense, probably no felony, some time away from parents at a juvenile facility, but then the record is probably sealed and he's not on the life-destroying sexual offender list.

Not to mention that there's almost no chance the girl would receive the same punishment unless she were like 3 years older.

I'm not advocating civil punishment for anyone....we just need to remember that both parties are consenting. I've discussed this from both spectrums (him/her) as I have both a teenage son and a teenage daughter. I have impressed respecting a young lady upon my son as much as I have impressed respecting herself upon my daughter.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
FTR, my responses have been in response to the article that Noereksion posted. Not the weird, hypothetical, slightly creepy scenario he dreamed up in the OP. :p

And I have assumed as much.....I hate misleading OP's.

mmaddog

CHENZ A!
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
I would beat him unconscious, tie him down and cut off his testicles. Then I would call 911 so they could save his sorry life before he bled to death, and take me to jail.

Pioli Zombie
09-22-2009, 08:48 PM

wait. was it sex or was she sexually assaulted?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-22-2009, 08:49 PM
wait. was it sex or was she sexually assaulted?

It depends which part of the OP you read. D's post, or the article he linked.

CHENZ A!
09-22-2009, 08:52 PM
It depends which part of the OP you read. D's post, or the article he linked.

Oh. Well crap. My response was assuming she had actually been raped not just some 18 yr old when she's 16. (even though I'd be pissed, I probably wouldn't cut off the kid's balls)

Direckshun
09-22-2009, 08:54 PM
For what it's worth, the article inspired the question.

If I misrepresented the article to be that subject, my apologies.

Outside of the folks who are simply taking me to task, thanks for the input. Great thread folks.

jidar
09-22-2009, 08:55 PM
So almost nobody read the article then.

Fact is, kids experiment. I know I did. Turning them into felons with the "sexual offender" label is bullshit.

PS, the op and the responses here crack me up. So many self righteous knee-jerk reactionaries ready to take up arms in the name of "justice" on these forums.

jidar
09-22-2009, 08:56 PM

Outside of the folks who are simply taking me to task, thanks for the input. Great thread folks.

If? If you misrepresented it?

Holy shit son does a bear shit in the woods?

Direckshun
09-22-2009, 08:58 PM
If? If you misrepresented it?

Holy shit son does a bear shit in the woods?

That's fair.

bobbymitch
09-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Having been through this (to a degree), I talked to my daughter and let her handle it. And she can take care of herself (mostly). She cold cocked a wrestler in high school when he made an inappropriate comment.

However, a very good family friend put out a hit (double knee-capping) on the kid involved that we had to call off (after a lot of discussion).

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2009, 08:59 PM

Outside of the folks who are simply taking me to task, thanks for the input. Great thread folks.Your first paragraph misrepresented it pretty clearly. The point of the article was that many of these cases shouldn't be considered assault.

Of course, I also don't understand people not reading the article.

jidar
09-22-2009, 09:00 PM

The graph in the article should have immediately given away how misleading the post was. Or do the people around here actually think the world is full of 12 year old rapists? I mean I know the Fox News demographic probably does, but that's not all of us right?

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Having been through this (to a degree), I talked to my daughter and let her handle it. And she can take care of herself (mostly). She cold cocked a wrestler in high school when he made an inappropriate comment.

However, a very good family friend put out a hit (double knee-capping) on the kid involved that we had to call off (after a lot of discussion).Putting a hit on a kid for an "inappropriate comment?" I mean, the kid should probably be taught a lesson, but it sounds like your friend has some severe mental/maturity problems.

reiko57
09-22-2009, 09:04 PM
hmm i would force my penis into his rectum, see how HE likes it

RJ
09-22-2009, 09:07 PM
The graph in the article should have immediately given away how misleading the post was. Or do the people around here actually think the world is full of 12 year old rapists? I mean I know the Fox News demographic probably does, but that's not all of us right?

Once again....the op statement was Seriously Sexually Assaulted.

Had it been phrased differently the responses would have been different.

bobbymitch
09-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Putting a hit on a kid for an "inappropriate comment?" I mean, the kid should probably be taught a lesson, but it sounds like your friend has some severe mental/maturity problems.

I obviously wrote my comments too fast. The hit was ordered for "stuff" that her boyfriend did to her while she was in college.

Pioli Zombie
09-22-2009, 09:16 PM

Yeah I bet you would. I mean, for your daughter, of course. Surely.
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
09-22-2009, 09:24 PM

I have to say that never crossed my mind.

Pioli Zombie
09-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I never got that gay-macho-gay thing where you prove how tough you are by shoving your dick in another guys ass. Reiko57, wtf????
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
09-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh. Well crap. My response was assuming she had actually been raped not just some 18 yr old when she's 16. (even though I'd be pissed, I probably wouldn't cut off the kid's balls)

This

reiko57
09-26-2009, 02:18 AM
Yeah I bet you would. I mean, for your daughter, of course. Surely.
Posted via Mobile Device

for me too, i cant imagine the aggression that busting a nutt in a piece of shits ass would release, but i bet alot

yea, put his shitter away wet

BigRock
09-26-2009, 02:48 AM

SUPLEX HIM

PUT HIM IN ZEE CAMEL CLUTCH

BREAK HIS BACK

FUCK HIS ASS

MAKE HIM HUMBELL

Gary
09-26-2009, 05:02 AM
I have to think in to the future on this one as my daughter is only 3(trying not to let my protective nature of her now skew my thoughts on the question). As a parent, If my daughter came to me & said a boy abused her, I should know her well enough to know if she is being completely open & honest or if there is something else there ie: regret after consenting. A parent's truth radar isn't perfect but the more involved we are in our children's lives the better understanding we have of where they are coming from & their motives when they want to speak with us about something serious. The most important thing to me would be her health first (did she have any injuries? do we need to go to hospital or see a doctor?). If there was no health concern, then I would talk to her extensively about what happened.
Scenario A: Wife & I assess that it could very well have been consentual & a level of remorse/revenge could be present. I would want to speak with the boy one on one to get his side of the story. Then I would return to my daughter & discuss his version. Hopefully by then, the truth would start to come out.

Scenario B: Wife & I feel without a shadow of a doubt that our daughter has been abused. I was born in Iowa & have several uncles that are still farmers up there. The boy would come up missing & my uncle's pigs would have fat stomachs!

JD10367
09-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Depends on circumstances. How old is she? How old is he? What did he do? Was she a willing participant in any of it? Was it only him, or was there more than one attacker? There's a big difference between, say, a 15-year-old girl who goes most-of-the-way with a 15-year-old boy but decides, when he's almost done pumping, to say "stop" right before he splooges, versus, say, a 10-year-old girl who is dragged into the bushes by a 16-year-old who does unspeakable things to her.

Some people need to be better educated, and sent through the judicial system. Others need to have a bullet put in their head before they do it again, and even worse, to more people.