PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock:Haley shows some courage

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Haley shows some courage (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1463265.html)
JASON WHITLOCK COMMENTARY

Rookie head coach Todd Haley has a big pair.

You could see that Tuesday afternoon when he opened his news conference with a brief apology to the media for a postgame inconvenience orchestrated by Chiefs general manager Scott Egoli.

“Apologize for after the game, being out there late,” Haley said. “Rookie head coach here, rookie mistake. Unaware of the time limit and how that makes it harder for you guys to do your job after the game.”

And you could really see Haley’s courage when he talked about the play of his quarterbacks, The Sixty Million Dollar Man and Brokie Croyle.

Despite Matt Cassel’s hefty price tag and the stake Egoli has in Cassel’s success, Haley appears quite determined to make Cassel earn untouchable-franchise-QB status.

“You gotta ultimately do what you think gives your team the best chance to win,” Haley responded to a question about his QB philosophy. “If that means another quarterback being in there other than Matt Cassel, then sign me up.”

That was the money quote. Haley set it up by reminding reporters that as an NFL assistant in New York, Dallas and Arizona, he participated in the process of Glenn Foley, Drew Bledsoe and Matt Leinart getting demoted in favor of Vinny Testaverde, Tony Romo and Kurt Warner.

Haley’s Tuesday news conference was absolutely fascinating. It was Bill Parcells-esque, not Bill Belichick-esque.

You understand the difference? In dealing with the media, Parcells is real, honest, straightforward. Belichick is intentionally bland, mysterious and worthless. Haley was groomed by Parcells. Egoli was groomed by Belichick.

Parcells has been successful everywhere he’s coached. Belichick built a dynasty in New England after flopping in Cleveland.

We’re two weeks into the Haley-Egoli regular-season marriage, and I believe we’ve just seen our first public sign these guys might be unequally yoked. There are definite signals they disagree about Egoli’s Sixty Million Dollar Man.

Monday afternoon, I was mesmerized listening to 610 Sports as former Chiefs player and NFL broadcaster Bill Maas explained his opinion that Haley wanted to start Brodie Croyle against the Raiders and that Egoli objected.

I thought Maas was crazy, but he sounded very convincing.

Tuesday, as I listened to Haley discuss his QBs, I had to admit Billy Bob knew something.

Haley was asked if he could envision Cassel not being the starting quarterback this season.

“I wouldn’t speculate on that,” Haley said. “There were a lot of positives in Matt’s performance.”

Haley then added that in a typical football game, there are seven critical plays a quarterback can make that will be the difference between winning and losing.

“There were clearly seven in (the Raiders) game where we’d probably like to do something different,” Haley said.

In case you missed the connection, dude just said Cassel went zero for seven on game-deciding plays. That pretty much answers how Haley feels about the end-of-half debacle, the sack Cassel took on third and 1 at the end of the game and an assortment of other offensive calamities.

As for Croyle, Herm Edwards’ quarterback of the future, Haley had nothing but good things to say about Kansas City’s opening-day starter.

“I’m excited about Brodie’s progress,” Haley said. “I think Brodie getting to play in the first game, got his feet under him a little bit, started to gain some confidence, and I think that was clear in last week’s practices.”

Haley later relived Kansas City’s close loss at Baltimore: “I thought Brodie Croyle went into a very difficult situation, hostile environment, against a very good defense, and he looked like an NFL quarterback. He gave us a legitimate chance to win. He executed the game plan the way he was asked to execute it.”

So what do I think?

Croyle’s too injury-prone to be my starter. And Cassel was way too unproven to be anybody’s Sixty Million Dollar Man. Haley is in a tough position. I’m impressed with the way he’s handling it. He’s attempting to be true to the message he’s delivered to his players — every position is open to competition.

I haven’t made up my mind about Haley. I’ve had only one opportunity to really talk with him, and that sitdown was ruined by Egoli. He talked over the top of Haley the whole night (a three-hour dinner). Seriously, questions were asked directly to Haley, and Egoli drowned out the rookie head coach with fury, arrogance and rants about championship teams being built by playing secrecy games with the local media.

I was embarrassed for Haley and in awe of Pioli’s ego. I’ve covered professional sports for 16 years, wrestled with King Carl Peterson, stood toe to toe with drunken, delusional, hostile millionaire athletes, battled Mike Lupica and irritated billionaire owners.

None of them can touch Scott Egoli.

I like the fact Kansas City has a football coach with a pair big enough to try.

milkman
09-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I just stopped in to say I'm not reading whatever inane drivel he wrote.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2009, 10:14 PM
I honestly thought that was a pretty fascinating read, albeit he is probably making a mountain out of a molehill.

That's the first I've heard of the three hour dinner.

I wonder if Pioli told Haley that a nutless monkey could do his job?

http://i40.tinypic.com/ubrzn.jpg

Agent V
09-22-2009, 10:18 PM
I haven’t made up my mind about Haley. I’ve had only one opportunity to really talk with him, and that sitdown was ruined by Egoli. He talked over the top of Haley the whole night (a three-hour dinner). Seriously, questions were asked directly to Haley, and Egoli drowned out the rookie head coach with fury, arrogance and rants about championship teams being built by playing secrecy games with the local media.

THAT'S what all this "Egoli" garbage is about? I don't buy it.

aturnis
Whatever.:rolleyes:

Stanley Nickels
Shit like this makes the departure of Joe Posnanski hurt that much more.

Honestly, has anything gone well for Kansas City professional sports in the last ten years?

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2009, 10:19 PM
jwhit has been writing some good stuff lately, granted its stirring the pot type of stuff but he has been spot on. If Croyle wasnt such a walking injury I wouldnt mind seeing a little battle, especially with all of Pioli's Bullshit right 53 player stuff.

DaneMcCloud
09-22-2009, 10:20 PM
I just love how people that have absolutely no contact with Haley, Pioli or Whitlock are so quick to dismiss his stories.

IMO, that's fucking stupid and just as bad as people who first doubted the stories I shared on Chiefsplanet.

I'll chalk it up to the saying that "Ignorance is Bliss".

I, for one, believe Whitlock.

the Talking Can
09-22-2009, 10:22 PM
jesus, it's like a 13 yr old girl...

Agent V
I honestly thought that was a pretty fascinating read, albeit he is probably making a mountain out of a molehill.

He'll have his fist so far up his ass, every time Haley has a thought, it'll have to tiptoe past Scott's wedding ring.

CaliforniaChief
Ok, so now we know that this is the first time Whitlock didn't enjoy a 3 hour long dinner.

We also know that this, and not the Brian Waters episode, started this agenda.

But I do agree with him on one thing. Haley's got a set on him.

smittysbar
09-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Good read

MMXcalibur
09-22-2009, 10:23 PM
I just love how people that have absolutely no contact with Haley, Pioli or Whitlock are so quick to dismiss his stories.

IMO, that's ****ing stupid and just as bad as people who first doubted the stories I shared on Chiefsplanet.

Of course you do.
You rebel.

Ebolapox
09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
I gotta admit, every time I think of pioli I think of les grossman

milkman
09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
jwhit has been writing some good stuff lately, granted its stirring the pot type of stuff but he has been spot on. If Croyle wasnt such a walking injury I wouldnt mind seeing a little battle, especially with all of Pioli's Bullshit right 53 player stuff.

Whitlock is a hack of mountainous proportions.

He has a personal agenda to push.

He thinks that the media should get some kind of special treatment, and since Pioli isn't giveng him that treatment, he reaches, draws conclusions with only the most minimal info to support those reaches.

He's the worst columnist I've ever read, and has been since the first time I saw his weak ass material.

morphius
09-22-2009, 10:26 PM
I think Whitless needs to leave the nicknaming to Phobia.

Chiefnj2
09-22-2009, 10:26 PM
This article helps explain the underlying cause of Whitlock's dislike for Pioli.

I'm not sure what to think of Maas' report that Haley wanted to go with Croyle. That bothers me.

If people can put aside their hatred for Whitlock and stop making fat jokes for a minute, the article does an interesting analysis of Haley's press conference.

milkman
09-22-2009, 10:27 PM

IMO, that's ****ing stupid and just as bad as people who first doubted the stories I shared on Chiefsplanet.

You honestly believe that Pioli sat down for a three hour dinner with Whitlock?

Do you honestly believe, given what we know about Haley's personality that he would allow even his boss to talk over him like that without a reaction?

I don't.

Red Dawg
09-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Why would Scott hire a head coach that doesn't see eye to eye on his own philosopjhy about players and winning? I don't buy it. I really doubt there is some kind of rift between them about the QB. If Cassel stinks it up so bad this year then we will hit the draft for another. I have no doubt that's what Scott would do.

Colt MCCoy in KC red.

Cosmos
09-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Whitlock has moved on to his "Divide and Conquer" strategy.

SPchief
09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Shit like this makes the departure of Joe Posnanski hurt that much more.

Honestly, has anything gone well for Kansas City professional sports in the last ten years?

Zack Grienke

BigChiefFan
09-22-2009, 10:30 PM
I wonder if he's referring to the banquet or the Red Coaters pot luck dinner?I don't think Whitlock had a sit-down with just those 3. Sounds like he's embellishing some. He's also using Bill Maas as his source...

"I thought Maas was crazy, but he sounded very convincing.

Tuesday, as I listened to Haley discuss his QBs, I had to admit Billy Bob knew something."

CaliforniaChief
09-22-2009, 10:30 PM

Do you honestly believe, given what we know about Haley's personality that he would allow even his boss to talk over him like that without a reaction?

I don't.

Not to mention the "fury" and "rants" that Pioli was alleged to use at this dinner? Where were they, in the back of an Italian restaurant? It just doesn't fit Pioli's tight-lipped, controlled, Patriot Way mentality.

milkman
09-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Why would Scott hire a head coach that doesn't see eye to eye on his own philosopjhy about players and winning? I don't buy it. I really doubt there is some kind of rift between them about the QB. If Cassel stinks it up so bad this year then we will hit the draft for another. I have no doubt that's what Scott would do.

Colt MCCoy in KC red.

:rolleyes:

the Talking Can
09-22-2009, 10:32 PM
this is what pioli gets for giving whitlock time, even after the "waters is crying" and halioli are meenies articles whitlock wrote.....

more childish name calling...

morphius
09-22-2009, 10:32 PM
This article helps explain the underlying cause of Whitlock's dislike for Pioli.

I'm not sure what to think of Maas' report that Haley wanted to go with Croyle. That bothers me.

If people can put aside their hatred for Whitlock and stop making fat jokes for a minute, the article does an interesting analysis of Haley's press conference.
I'm going to have to watch it, because reading the interview made it seem like he was just saying that Brodie was doing okay, nothing to get excited about, but if he happened upon Joe Montana he would be willing to bench Cassel.

And we don't know if he the reason he wanted to start Brodie was because he was worried about whether Cassel could play on the injured leg, especially since a big part of his game is scrambling and moving around in the pocket.

Mecca
09-22-2009, 10:33 PM
He said Colt McCoy.....lynch him.

DeezNutz

Yes.

Because if this were fabricated, Whitlock would be fired. His entire profession depends upon personal integrity, like appropriately using and citing/attributing sources.

the Talking Can
haley didn't say anything he hasn't said since the day he arrived....just in the interest of honesty

DaneMcCloud
09-22-2009, 10:34 PM

I don't.

Absolutely.

The guy is a national journalist/reporter.

He's got a deal with Fox. He's been a host on ESPN. He's employed by the Knight-Ridder corporation which owns many newspapers across the country.

I don't think there's any way he'd risk his career on a lie.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2009, 10:34 PM
His entire profession depends upon personal integrity, like appropriately using and citing/attributing sources.

Unless you are Mitch Albom.

B_Ambuehl
09-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I agree with him x 10. Thus far not a single Belichik disciple has done anything other then prove they're worth the laughter that gets thrown their direction, and that includes Pioli. If Pioli was somewhere else and made the same decisions there he's made here the majority here would be laughing at him just like they do Mangina.

Deberg_1990
Why is Whitlock burning bridges with this regime 2 games in??

There is obviously something personal going on.

KcMizzou

I don't.

The bolded part is absurd. The rest is merely extremely unlikely.

Whitlock's manufacturing his next villain. He's got to have something to write about.

For Christ's sake we're two games into their first season and he's breaking out the torches and pitchforks.

Give me a fucking break... :rolleyes:

the Talking Can
Yes.

Because if this were fabricated, Whitlock would be fired. His entire profession depends upon personal integrity, like appropriately using and citing/attributing sources.

he's a columnist, not a journalist....and he doesn't have any sources, he listens to the radio, as he admits in the article...that's his source: the radio

Hammock Parties
I don't think he fabricated that. I wonder if it was a one-on-one, though.

Sweet Daddy Hate

IMO, that's fucking stupid and just as bad as people who first doubted the stories I shared on Chiefsplanet.

I've been consistent on my position since the beginning. There are two guys minus Clark Hunt in this partnership, and one of them impresses me a hell of a lot more than the other.

And it ain't the guy in the suit.

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Unless you are Mitch Albom.

Fab Five?

Yeah, was there ever much of a reaction to that, other than snickering and embarrassment? I suppose he claimed being hopelessly naive?

the Talking Can

why is everyone on this site defcon 5 already?

people love drama

milkman
Absolutely.

The guy is a national journalist/reporter.

He's got a deal with Fox. He's been a host on ESPN. He's employed by the Knight-Ridder corporation which owns many newspapers across the country.

I don't think there's any way he'd risk his career on a lie.

His career is built on bullshit and controversy.

I highly doubt he'd lose it on a he said/he said thing if Pioli and Haley came out said that Whitlock is talking out of his ass.

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 10:37 PM
he's a columnist, not a journalist....and he doesn't have any sources, he listens to the radio, as he admits in the article...that's his source: the radio

Columnists are journalists.

He's not a beat writer, so he's allowed his opinion. Journalistic integrity most certainly applies across the board.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2009, 10:37 PM
I agree with him x 10. Thus far not a single Belichik disciple has done anything other then prove they're worth the laughter that gets thrown their direction, and that includes Pioli. If Pioli was somewhere else and made the same decisions there he's made here the majority here would be laughing at him just like they do Mangina.

Tom Dimitroff is the exception. Then again, he's also the only one who didn't shoehorn his team into the 3-4 and went out an immediately drafted a QBOTF and didn't rely solely on players from his old organization, so....

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Fab Five?

Yeah, was there ever much of a reaction to that, other than snickering and embarrassment? I suppose he claimed being hopelessly naive?

http://apse.dallasnews.com/news/2005/041105albom1.html

What Albom did was write a column as if his two interview subjects were at the Michigan State-North Carolina NCAA tournament Final Four game in St. Louis on April 2. In earlier interviews, former Michigan State players Jason Richardson and Mateen Cleaves told Albom they planned to attend the game, but they did not.

Filing on Friday for a section that was printed by Saturday morning, several hours before the game, Albom wrote, and copy editors did not change, that Richardson and Cleaves had flown in for the game and were in the stands wearing Michigan State clothing.

The column emphasized how much Cleaves and Richardson missed their college experiences. It turned out schedule conflicts kept both players from attending the game.

the Talking Can
09-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Columnists are journalists.

He's not a beat writer, so he's allowed his opinion. Journalistic integrity most certainly applies across the board.

"journalistic integrity" has nothing to do with whitlock's articles...

he's too lazy to even talk to mass....he just listened to the damn radio and wrote a column for the sole reason of using the phrase "egoli" a dozen more times....

a high school newspaper would be embarrassed to print it

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 10:41 PM
http://apse.dallasnews.com/news/2005/041105albom1.html

[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

Nice call.

I do remember this now. Nuthooks, applied exponentially.

DaWolf
09-22-2009, 10:42 PM
This is 100% Whitlock stirring the pot. Pioli has never struck me as egotistical or arrogant, just confident. If Whitlock wants to call that arrogance, then so be it. But if dude was egotistical, he'd be all over the media getting his name out there and making sure he eclipsed his head coach in every manner. That's what Carl did, every time he had an issue he'd go straight to one of his cronies in the press and lob some verbal salvos back.

I'm pretty sure that Whitlock is referring to the three hour dinner that many front offices do prior to the season with the media in order to meet and greet all the reporters, and that it wasn't a one on two dinner. I'm also not going to put much stock in a guy basing his opinion of a GM and coach based on one sitdown dinner convo and one Brian Waters story. I mean up to now he was calling Haley an idiot and arrogant, and now he's praising him for having a pair? Give me a break...

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 10:42 PM
"journalistic integrity" has nothing to do with whitlock's articles...

he's too lazy to even talk to mass....he just listened to the damn radio and wrote a column for the sole reason of using the phrase "egoli" a dozen more times....

a high school newspaper would be embarrassed to print it

No argument that the 610 Sports bit reads terribly weak. Not interviewing BM for the column is a huge error.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2009, 10:43 PM
This is 100% Whitlock stirring the pot. Pioli has never struck me as egotistical or arrogant, just confident. If Whitlock wants to call that arrogance, then so be it. But if dude was egotistical, he'd be all over the media getting his name out there and making sure he eclipsed his head coach in every manner. That's what Carl did, every time he had an issue he'd go straight to one of his cronies in the press and lob some verbal salvos back.

There's more than one kind of arrogance. He's insinuating that Pioli finds the media to be beneath him, but also that they are basically a bunch of scum sucking underlings whose only purpose is to undermine his master plan, and should be treated as such.

Mecca
09-22-2009, 10:44 PM

I'm pretty sure that Whitlock is referring to the three hour dinner that many front offices do prior to the season with the media in order to meet and greet all the reporters, and that it wasn't a one on two dinner. I'm also not going to put much stock in a guy basing his opinion of a GM and coach based on one sitdown dinner convo and one Brian Waters story. I mean up to now he was calling Haley an idiot and arrogant, and now he's praising him for having a pair? Give me a break...

Basically everyone that has come out of New England is viewed as arrogant.

KcMizzou
09-22-2009, 10:45 PM
There's more than one kind of arrogance. He's insinuating that Pioli finds the media to be beneath him, but also that they are basically a bunch of scum sucking underlings whose only purpose is to undermine his master plan, and should be treated as such.Well?

LMAO

(Only half kidding.)

MMXcalibur

Yeah, it's interesting and I'll give him that. However, it's entirely overshadowed by his personal dislike of Pioli. I honestly don't give two shits about Whitlock's "lack of access".

Egoli drowned out the rookie head coach with fury, arrogance and rants about championship teams being built by playing secrecy games with the local media.

Fury? Arrogance? Right...that doesn't sound a wee bit exaggerated.

Pioli's helped take a team to the top of the mountain....multiple times! As for playing secrecy games with the media, that's just too fuckin' bad. If he says every Kansas City Chief employee needs to wear monkey suits on Thursdays prior to gameday and THAT'S the key to winning Super Bowls, then every goddamn employee better follow suit. If winning a Super Bowl means less access, then so be it.

Hell, Whitlock could be right about all of this. Pioli's truly could be acting like a douche and we could be 0-32 in our next two seasons despite the lack of press involvement, but Whitlock's going about this in such a bitchy fashion it makes it very VERY hard to take his word on any of this.

smittysbar

IMO when I was around him for a bit in River Falls he came off to me to be very egotistical or arrogant. I for one don't give two shits either way. I want him to build a great team, not be my best friend.

the Talking Can
09-22-2009, 10:46 PM
No argument that the 610 Sports bit reads terribly weak. Not interviewing BM for the column is a huge error.

...he did no research, contacted no one, checked no sources, characterized a dinner with two other people without giving them an opportunity to respond, and listened to the radio and decided it "sounded convincing"...and repeated the same childish name calling against pioli....

it's something a 9 yr old would write, and something a 9 yr old would like....

Mecca
09-22-2009, 10:48 PM
I do wonder how this perception that the media is evil and should be treated like they will ruin your plan came from with GM's, seems weird to me.

DaneMcCloud
09-22-2009, 10:50 PM
I do wonder how this perception that the media is evil and should be treated like they will ruin your plan came from with GM's, seems weird to me.

Uh...

FAX
09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
I don't buy this limp, skinny, "division" argument Whittles is trying to flop out on the table.

I'm convinced that Pioli and Haley are on the same page. It's one of the reasons we're bringing in poor, lost wideouts like a receivers orphanage. This is not a Carl/Herm debacle in the making ... both those guys are too smart for that. As for Pioli "talking over" Haley at dinner, my guess would be that Haley was speechless in the presence of a giant, ego-maniacal, fatass hack with manboobs the size of truck tires.

Another double serving of meritless speculation with extra fries.

FAX

KcMizzou
09-22-2009, 10:55 PM
I do wonder how this perception that the media is evil and should be treated like they will ruin your plan came from with GM's, seems weird to me.I think the point is, that if they get the job done, what the media says right now is irrelevant. Whitlock can stir up all the shit he wants, and if Pioli and Haley do their job... in the end it won't mean a thing.

It's not that they look down on the media, its just that they have more important things to worry about.

Whitlock obviously has vastly overrated his and "the media" in general's importance. He's resorted to throwing bitch fits wayyyy before he's got any sort of track record to justify them.

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 10:57 PM
...he did no research, contacted no one, checked no sources, characterized a dinner with two other people without giving them an opportunity to respond, and listened to the radio and decided it "sounded convincing"...and repeated the same childish name calling against pioli....

In fairness, the dinner was their opportunity to respond and it was an interview. Whitlock can react to it in any fashion, and the fact that he spent that much time with Haley and Pioli constitutes research.

You're letting your dislike for Whitlock cloud your reaction to this piece.

The name calling, by Whitlock, has grown tiresome, though.

Mecca
09-22-2009, 10:57 PM
I think the point is, that if they get the job done, what the media says right now is irrelevant. Whitlock can stir up all the shit he wants, and if Pioli and Haley do their job... in the end it won't mean a thing.

It's not that they look down on the media, its just that they have more important things to worry about.

Whitlock obviously has vastly overrated his and "the media" in general's importance. He's resorted to throwing bitch fits wayyyy before he's got any sort of track record to justify them.

What if he wrote columns about not liking the moves they make and such because if I was writing them they'd look like that..

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 10:59 PM
I don't buy this limp, skinny, "division" argument Whittles is trying to flop out on the table.

I'm convinced that Pioli and Haley are on the same page. It's one of the reasons we're bringing in poor, lost wideouts like a receivers orphanage. This is not a Carl/Herm debacle in the making ... both those guys are too smart for that. As for Pioli "talking over" Haley at dinner, my guess would be that Haley was speechless in the presence of a giant, ego-maniacal, fatass hack with manboobs the size of truck tires.

FAX

I agree, Mr. FAX, that there is scant evidence to support the division theory, and thus Whitlock's overall argument is weak as hell.

DaneMcCloud
09-22-2009, 11:00 PM
These responses are hilarious.

You guys don't believe Whitlock because you don't want to believe Whitlock.

I'm sorry but that's not a good enough reason to doubt him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 11:00 PM

Passive-aggressive much?

Oh, and you type like a fucking 9 year-old.

KcMizzou
09-22-2009, 11:05 PM
What if he wrote columns about not liking the moves they make and such because if I was writing them they'd look like that..Well, I don't know... he hasn't. That'd be a first.

Instead we get a manufactured QB controversy, and some dreamed up "rift" between the GM and HC two games into the goddamned season.

It's tabloid level BS.

keg in kc
09-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Well, I don't know... he hasn't. That'd be a first.

Instead we get a manufactured QB controversy, and some dreamed up "rift" between the GM and HC two games into the goddamned season.

It's tabloid level BS.I think we should call it the Weekly Whitlock News.

DaneMcCloud
09-22-2009, 11:13 PM
I think we should call it the Weekly Whitlock News.

Well, I can guarantee you that he knows more about the the inner workings of the Chiefs organization than ANY of the 11,000 fucktards that post on Chiefsplanet.

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Well, I can guarantee you that he knows more about the the inner workings of the Chiefs organization than ANY of the 11,000 ****tards that post on Chiefsplanet.

Not possible. Whitlock is fat.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Well, I can guarantee you that he knows more about the the inner workings of the Chiefs organization than ANY of the 11,000 fucktards that post on Chiefsplanet.

"Rebuilding/Get over it".;)

keg in kc
09-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Well, I can guarantee you that he knows more about the the inner workings of the Chiefs organization than ANY of the 11,000 ****tards that post on Chiefsplanet.I'm sure that he does. Maybe someday he'll stop writing columns like this and share some of it with the rest of us fucktards.

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2009, 11:25 PM

I believe the Croyle/ Cassel issue, Haley is finally realizing that Brodie has some talent. Hence the possible tension between him and Pioli. I said this before, I wouldn't be surprised if Cassel is pulled and Brodie becomes the number 1

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 11:33 PM
I believe the Croyle/ Cassel issue, Haley is finally realizing that Brodie has some talent. Hence the possible tension between him and Pioli. I said this before, I wouldn't be surprised if Cassel is pulled and Brodie becomes the number 1

Haley should have complete and total control over offensive talent; it's what he knows.
Conversely, Scott(I'm told, by such illustrious minds as JPB)comes from a system that builds defenses, so let him do it.

Hammock Parties
09-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Whitlock has moved on to his "Divide and Conquer" strategy.

"Pioli and Haley are both morons, and they can't even agree on what moronic plan of action to follow. Hunt should axe both today. The Chiefs are going nowhere."

Hammock Parties
09-22-2009, 11:38 PM

He's bitter as fuck. They probably moved his seat in the press box, too.

And we know access to the players is at an all-time low.

Meanwhile he treated Herm like his best buddy most of the time...gee, wonder why...

O.city
09-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Man you guys.... What did you expect Cassel to go do 30-34 for 400 and 3 tds. After two games (1 with our starting quarter back) some are calling for Brody and Complaining about management. The guy was hurt for 3 weeks and still didn't look that bad. Give the new regime a chance before we revolt.

I think he might be reading into what Haley said a little too much. Cassel is the guy.

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Man you guys.... What did you expect Cassel to go do 30-34 for 400 and 3 tds. After two games (1 with our starting quarter back) some are calling for Brody and Complaining about management. The guy was hurt for 3 weeks and still didn't look that bad. Give the new regime a chance before we revolt.

I think he might be reading into what Haley said a little too much. Cassel is the guy.

This is going on the assumption based on that if Whitlock is telling the truth, and Haley's prior experience in Arizona.

soundmind
09-22-2009, 11:43 PM
HACK.

Your agenda is cheap and tawdry. Whitlock, your column should just be called Orca-Fat Black Whiny Bitch, and run once a month like the rest of the menstrual cycles out there. I can't take this twice a week entitlement tantrum.

tk13
09-22-2009, 11:44 PM
It's probably most overblown because it's not like these guys are going to agree on everything. I don't think the premise is so far fetched... the idea that Haley would want to demote someone to teach them their job is not secure is not really a shocker. People disagree in the workplace on a daily basis. As long as they can be civil and keep working on the same goal that's all that matters... that's probably the sensational part of it. There's not a person on here who hasn't been told to do something by their boss they didn't want to do.

soundmind
09-22-2009, 11:46 PM
He's bitter as ****. They probably moved his seat in the press box, too.

And we know access to the players is at an all-time low.

Meanwhile he treated Herm like his best buddy most of the time...gee, wonder why...

Whitlock, Herm, and Millen should get their own post-game effort and call it, "You Play, to Draft, a Cheeseburger".

O.city
09-22-2009, 11:47 PM
I just don't think you can be that upset with Cassel's performance sunday. Lets give hime atleast 2 starts first

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Whitlock, Herm, and Millen should get their own post-game effort and call it, "You Play, to Draft, a Cheeseburger".

I could go for a finely drafted cheeseburger about now. Mmm...

soundmind
09-22-2009, 11:54 PM

Thank you for your sanity.

I'm as heartbroken as the rest of the pack, but come on people. You knew overnight was NOT going to happen, and we're still entertaining all this negative banter and knee-jerk crap???

C'mon folks, you can't make ice cream out of water, I don't care how hard you stir. Haley is the best coach the Chiefs have had in a while, and he's someone who displays a lot of emotion and wears a lot on his sleeve. Does he yell? You bet. You know why? Cause he gives a shit. And you know...so do I. If the players showed up with half of the passion he coaches with, we'd have a chance.

We made dumb mistakes last week. We're a young, vastly short on talent team in more positions than not, so show some fortitude, this was going to happen. Sucks that it had to happen against the Faid.

Lead by example Todd, godspeed.

chiefsfan1963
09-22-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm little concerned that Pioli might be an issue much like CP was. I do believe in having both a strong personality for each role, HC and GM. It's healthy and good for the team in the long run.

Charger fans are learning the hard way about a strong personality in the GM position but not in the HC position. AJ Smith got rid of Marty and replaced him with Norv who is a push over among other things. It not working out.

You frequently need stress, strain, and disagreement. You also need each person to stay out of each other's way so they can do their jobs.

Let's hope Pioli gives Haley some room.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:00 AM

And therein is the crux of the issue.

Brodie Croyle, even if he isn't a better quarterback than Matt Cassel right now, is a very talented player, and you could argue he has more raw talent than Cassel.

Whether or not he can get past his shortcomings, both mental (checking down too much, and the previous coaching staff) and physical (injuries) should be the only factors that limit his ability to contribute and succeed with this franchise. Someone else's contract should not hold back the best player for the team from playing if "The Right 53" is to be believed.

The fact of the matter is that those who were so quick to dismiss Croyle's performance in Baltimore are in most cases the same to praise Cassel's against Oakland, when, if they were transposed, so would be their opinions of the superior performance.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Thank you for your sanity.

I'm as heartbroken as the rest of the pack, but come on people. You knew overnight was NOT going to happen, and we're still entertaining all this negative banter and knee-jerk crap???

C'mon folks, you can't make ice cream out of water, I don't care how hard you stir. Haley is the best coach the Chiefs have had in a while, and he's someone who displays a lot of emotion and wears a lot on his sleeve. Does he yell? You bet. You know why? Cause he gives a shit. And you know...so do I. If the players showed up with half of the passion he coaches with, we'd have a chance.

We made dumb mistakes last week. We're a young, vastly short on talent team in more positions than not, so show some fortitude, this was going to happen. Sucks that it had to happen against the Faid.

Lead by example Todd, godspeed.

I love Haley. Haley is a good coach. His boss is kind of a wanker though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Let's also remember something else. Pioli turned down other jobs, such as the one in Cleveland, because he wanted "Total Control". Such a desire could portend to disagreements, particularly with an opinionated coach.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 12:02 AM
And therein is the crux of the issue.

Brodie Croyle, even if he isn't a better quarterback than Matt Cassel right now, is a very talented player, and you could argue he has more raw talent than Cassel.

Whether or not he can get past his shortcomings, both mental (checking down too much, and the previous coaching staff) and physical (injuries) should be the only factors that limit his ability to contribute and succeed with this franchise. Someone else's contract should not hold back the best player for the team from playing if "The Right 53" is to be believed.

The fact of the matter is that those who were so quick to dismiss Croyle's performance in Baltimore are in most cases the same to praise Cassel's against Oakland, when, if they were transposed, so would be their opinions of the superior performance.

Unpossible.

Fearless leader Pioli told us that Cassel is king.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Unpossible.

Fearless leader Pioli told us that Cassel is king.

Do you think Cassel is going to play like he did Sunday all year long?

Mecca
09-23-2009, 12:06 AM

Well these next what 6 games are far more difficult than the Raiders....

I still have the same view of Cassel I did before he was on the Chiefs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:07 AM

I don't know. I think he'll play similarly or worse when facing the meat of our schedule. I think he may have some good games against some of the almost non-existent patsies on our schedule, like Cleveland.

All I know is that we're going to play some really fucking good defenses this year.

DrRyan
09-23-2009, 12:07 AM

FAX

This pretty much sums it up Dane. Whitlock does not back up any of this article with facts, purely speculation. That is why I do not believe Whitlock.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Well these next what 6 games are far more difficult than the Raiders....

Agreed. But I don't think every time has a secondary like Oakland's, do you?

DaneMcCloud

I think he's going to struggle mightily against the Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, Chargers, Eagles and Steelers.

I hope he'll play better but quiet honestly, I'm not counting on it.

Mecca

It won't matter that much when they're getting on top of the QB in 2 seconds and beating the shit out of him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm little concerned that Pioli might be an issue much like CP was. I do believe in having both a strong personality for each role, HC and GM. It's healthy and good for the team in the long run.

Charger fans are learning the hard way about a strong personality in the GM position but not in the HC position. AJ Smith got rid of Marty and replaced him with Norv who is a push over among other things. It not working out.

You frequently need stress, strain, and disagreement. You also need each person to stay out of each other's way so they can do their jobs.

Let's hope Pioli gives Haley some room.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is true in the best partnerships that are creative be they sports, music, whatever. You show me a band where everyone shares the same opinion and gets along like the Mickey Mouse Club, and I'll play you the dullest music you've ever heard.

I don't think Haley was given ANY control over who the Quarterback of this team was going to be, and I think he's pissed about being sold a sub-par bill of goods in Matt Cassel, and rightfully so.

That's right motherfuckers; I said it. What?:shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:11 AM

Philly's is close, and their front seven is better. Dallas and NYG's front lines will massacre us. I'm not too worried about the Shitskins (no, I don't mean this in the racial way), they look horrible, but Cincy and Pittsburgh...yikes. Plus Dumervil is looking like a BAMF in Denver.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:12 AM
This is true in the best partnerships that are creative be they sports, music, whatever. You show me a band where everyone shares the same opinion and gets along like the Mickey Mouse Club, and I'll play you the dullest music you've ever heard.

I don't think Haley was given ANY control over who the Quarterback of this team was going to be, and I think he's pissed about being sold a sub-par bill of goods in Matt Cassel, and rightfully so.

That's right motherfuckers; I said it. What?:shrug:

Scott Pioli, being interviewed by the KC press, is interrupted by Todd Haley at the next PC:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yz_CpgCApxQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yz_CpgCApxQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
09-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Something no one realizes they see Cincy and think win...they finished 12 in total D last year...their defense has gotten alot better.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Philly's is close, and their front seven is better. Dallas and NYG's front lines will massacre us. I'm not too worried about the Shitskins (no, I don't mean this in the racial way), they look horrible, but Cincy and Pittsburgh...yikes. Plus Dumervil is looking like a BAMF in Denver.

But Denver and McDaniels suck.

I know that because there have been thousands upon thousands of posts on Chiefsplanet telling me so.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2009, 12:14 AM
It won't matter that much when they're getting on top of the QB in 2 seconds and beating the shit out of him.

Haley's gonna gameplan around our shitty line all year.

Just like he did Sunday.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:15 AM
But Denver and McDaniels suck.

I know that because there have been thousands upon thousands of posts on Chiefsplanet telling me so.

Just like how I fucked Phoenix Marie the other day because I thought about her when I beat off.

DaneMcCloud
Something no one realizes they see Cincy and think win...they finished 12 in total D last year...their defense has gotten alot better.

The Bengals beat the Chiefs last year in Cincy with Ryan fucking Fitzgerald at QB.

Yet the geniuses around here think the Chiefs go to Cincy this year and win with Carson Palmer at QB.

Mecca

Just like he did Sunday.

So he'll gameplan to score 13 points while those teams are jacking up 30?

Hammock Parties
09-23-2009, 12:16 AM

I agree with all of this.

I'm literally just hoping for some mediocre production and a healthy Cassel.

If he is injured it's gonna look real bad for P&H.

Hammock Parties
So he'll gameplan to score 13 points while those teams are jacking up 30?

Don't be a fool. We were in a position to score a lot more than 13 points.

DaneMcCloud
Just like how I fucked Phoenix Marie the other day because I thought about her when I beat off.

I saw Belladonna at Katsu-ya Sushi tonight.

I wish I hadn't.

Goddamn, she is one ugly ass chick. And her husband looks like a fat, fucking, balding fan boy.

Truly weird.

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2009, 12:17 AM
I agree with all of this.

I'm literally just hoping for some mediocre production and a healthy Cassel.

If he is injured it's gonna look real bad for P&H.

"Stay Down Bitch" hex is on though

'Hamas' Jenkins

Just like he did Sunday.

Then expect to see a lot of rollouts, boots, and a WCO style attack. Of course, this should have been the plan anyway, because Cassel really isn't that good at stretching the field with the intermediate to deep ball.

Hammock Parties

Your knowledge of porn starlets is probably the most impressive thing about you.

Truly, Hamas, the Renassance Man.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I saw Belladonna at Katsu-ya Sushi tonight.

I wish I hadn't.

Goddamn, she is one ugly ass chick. And her husband looks like a fat, fucking, balding fan boy.

Truly weird.

Never really understood the appeal with her.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Here's what gets me, Haley and Whisenhunt ended up playing Warner over Leinart because Leinart isn't a downfield passer...we hire Haley and trade for Cassel who is not a downfield passer.

How's that make any god damn sense?

WildTurkey

That's right mother****ers; I said it. What?:shrug:

You're good, I figured I would give the guy more than one game.... but you are right he is sub par :shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins
Your knowledge of porn starlets is probably the most impressive thing about you.

Truly, Hamas, the Renassance Man.

The glory and the curse of working mostly opposite schedules of your significant other.

You become knee deep in your own hand.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 12:19 AM

Her appeal is that she does nasty shit that other girls wouldn't even think about doing.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Here's what gets me, Haley and Whisenhunt ended up playing Warner over Leinart because Leinart isn't a downfield passer...we hire Haley and trade for Cassel who is not a downfield passer.

Actually they played Warner over Leinart because Leinart was shitty as hell.

Warner just happened to be a better downfield passer.

And personally, I think Cassel's arm is much stronger than Leinart's.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 12:20 AM

I guess it's because most guys (not me, of course) love to fuck an ugly chick up the ass, just for spite.

The gap between her two front teeth dwarf Madonna's or Letterman's.

And I'm not an anti-tattoo guy at all, but hers were just nasty.

She's a fucking trailer trash skank.

Mecca
That's really not true, Leinart was fine under Dennis Green. If you put him on say Minnesota he'd do a fine job.

When you ask him to throw the routes they want run down the field he's not gonna be able to do it and Cassel is a very blah downfield passer.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Well, Warner never had a huge arm, but he was accurate down the field. That's an important distinction.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 12:21 AM

Sounding more and more like Haley didnt make the call for Cassel.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Actually they played Warner over Leinart because Leinart was shitty as hell.

Warner just happened to be a better downfield passer.

And personally, I think Cassel's arm is much stronger than Leinart's.

Leinart was developing well under DG. People want to sweep this under the rug. He was a perfect fit for that system. If Philly were smart, they'd shitcan Kolb and McNabb and trade some trash for him from Arizona. He'd thrive in Reid's offense.

Mecca
Well, Warner never had a huge arm, but he was accurate down the field. That's an important distinction.

I think last weeks game shows how inconsistent Cassel is throwing down the field, asking him to be a downfield passer is just flirting with fuckups.

DaneMcCloud

Again, unpossible.

Everyone knows that if Haley and Pioli were gay, they'd be married with kids from Thailand and Guam.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Leinart was developing well under DG. People want to sweep this under the rug. He was a perfect fit for that system. If Philly were smart, they'd shitcan Kolb and McNabb and trade some trash for him from Arizona. He'd thrive in Reid's offense.

Minnesota would have been smart as well to get him, but they got Brett Favre to try to get a new stadium.

joesomebody
09-23-2009, 12:26 AM
I thought it was a good article. I for one though think that being a first year GM deserves more slack than a first year head coach. Not attempting a field goal in the first half of the raiders game was purely coaching. As to draft picks, and other player/salary cap decisions, we haven't seen them bare fruit yet. Good article though,and I hope that Haley and Pioli were good choices at their respective jobs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 12:27 AM
You're good, I figured I would give the guy more than one game.... but you are right he is sub par :shake:

Hey, that's just MY take. Believe what you please.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 12:27 AM
I really wish the local media would stop trying to sabotage the confidence of our sixty million dollar QB...that's for sure. Now it's a national story? What? JFC

Mecca
09-23-2009, 12:28 AM
If a media story sabotages is confidence that's all I need to know about him.

WildTurkey
09-23-2009, 12:28 AM
agree to disagree... that's cool.. . Cassel wasn't my first choice either but I figured I would at least give him a chance to win me over

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 12:29 AM
I really wish the local media would stop trying to sabotage the confidence of our sixty million dollar QB...that's for sure. Now it's a national story? What? JFC

Personally, if I were given a $60 million dollar plus contract, there's nothing that anyone could say in the press or public that would affect me.

I'd have so many hot chicks ready to massage my body and stroke my ego that I'd be the most confident motherfucker to ever walk on a football field.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:29 AM

If his confidence is "sabotaged" this easily, he never had any to begin with.

Sure as shit is brown, I don't remember Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, or Steve Young having their confidence crushed by questions over a QB controversy

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 12:30 AM

The first opinion Haley gave PUBLICLY on Cassel was, and I quote:

"He seems like a guy who has the right mental make-up, I hope that he can play".

Does that sound like the ringing endorsement of a Head Coach who is in love with his hand-picked Quarterback to you?

Hammock Parties
09-23-2009, 12:31 AM
I think last weeks game shows how inconsistent Cassel is throwing down the field, asking him to be a downfield passer is just flirting with fuckups.

We're talking about two throws. Two.

Cassel has no deep threat so safeties are gonna hover in the 25-yard range all game long.

It's gonna be tough sledding, and throwing to midget doesn't make it easier.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 12:32 AM

Sure as shit is brown, I don't remember Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, or Steve Young having their confidence crushed by questions over a QB controversy

No shit. And we're talking about Kansas City.

Just imagine Cassel in Chicago or fucking New York City.

That boy had better nut the fuck up, quick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:32 AM
We're talking about two throws. Two.

No, we're talking about his entire pro career.

WildTurkey
09-23-2009, 12:33 AM
The first opinion Haley gave PUBLICLY on Cassel was, and I quote:

"He seems like a guy who has the right mental make-up, I hope that he can play".

Does that sound like the ringing endorsement of a Head Coach who is in love with his hand-picked Quarterback to you?

I think Pioli had his QB picked before he even hired Haley... so Todd is just playing the hand that's been dealt....

ChiefsCountry

How would you liked to have been Troy Aikman in 1989, Cowboys suck ass and before you play a snap they take another QB giving up their first round pick next year for the new coach's old QB in college. No wonder they had a dyntasy.

DaneMcCloud
No, we're talking about his entire pro career.

All 16 games in four plus years.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:35 AM
I think Pioli had his QB picked before he even hired Haley... so Todd is just playing the hand that's been dealt....

You are 100% correct. Look no further than his opening PC.

Pioli seems hellbent on establishing the concept that you can build a winning organization by following a geometric proof. I doubt the efficacy of such an approach, time will only tell, but goddamned if it hasn't looked bizarre up to this point.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 12:35 AM

Well, yeah...I hope so.

But I doubt any QB wants to play with someone breathing down his neck...

Instead of him going out there and playing how he knows how to play, now he has to "think" about not messing up because of the ol' QB controversy that probably doesn't even exist.

I don't understand how anyone who actually watched the two games can say they saw more out of Brodie than they did out of Cassel.

We had like 30 god damn yards of offense in the 1st half...and I refuse to count the stat-padding pass to Charles to end the 2nd quarter...

I mean, Brodie led on us on ONE good drive...whoopee...and it was when the Ravens softened up because they just took a 7 point lead and thought there was no way in hell we could match it (I mean, did anyone think we had a shot?)...If they had been up by a field goal...I'm sure we would have seen another 3rd and 8 freak out check down from Croyle...

Seriously...talk about some bullshit here.

I'm tired of hearing about it...I like Jason Whitlock...I wish the fucker would just move on...but alas, he gets 500 reply threads every single one of these he releases...he's damn good at his job, I'll give him that.

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Why are we bashing Cassel? Its premature isnt it?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:36 AM
How would you liked to have been Troy Aikman in 1989, Cowboys suck ass and before you play a snap they take another QB giving up their first round pick next year for the new coach's old QB in college. No wonder they had a dyntasy.

They damn sure weren't afraid to hedge their bets with QBs.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 12:37 AM
well I guess the Pats fans were calling for his head after the Phins disaster last year...and he bounced back rather nicely...so we'll see...

To be perfectly honest, I thought he played just fine against Oakland...I thought he played much better than Brodie did against Baltimore...

But I could see how some of the national media guys who read the box scores rather than watch the games might argue differently.

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2009, 12:37 AM
OOh hell, lets trade Cassel to Denver, that would make McDaniels day like getting the the new issue of his subscription to Tiger Beat.

WildTurkey
09-23-2009, 12:38 AM

Oh I agree... If it turns out he can play at a high level than all this drama is for nothing.... I hope that ends up being the case

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 12:39 AM
They damn sure weren't afraid to hedge their bets with QBs.

And sad thing is we were so close to being like those Cowboys. But I am not getting into that can of worms.

WildTurkey
09-23-2009, 12:40 AM
well I guess the Pats fans were calling for his head after the Phins disaster last year...and he bounced back rather nicely...so we'll see...

To be perfectly honest, I thought he played just fine against Oakland...I thought he played much better than Brodie did against Baltimore...

But I could see how some of the national media guys who read the box scores rather than watch the games might argue differently.

and seemed to not have watched the Baltimore game and realized the dumbed down play calling for Brodie

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Brodie Croyle 3 NFL seasons 0 wins. Thats enough about the QB controversy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Well, yeah...I hope so.

But I doubt any QB wants to play with someone breathing down his neck...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d8111402e/Top-Ten-QB-Controversies-Montana-vs-Young

Watch Steve Young in this video. Dude doesn't give a fuck.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 12:42 AM
whatever bad Cassel did against Oakland can be at least equaled by the idiotic 3rd and 18 check down from dumbass Croyle in the 4th quarter of the Ravens game...

That was at least EQUALLY as dumb as Cassel throwing that pass to Savage at the end of the 1st half.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 12:43 AM
whatever bad Cassel did against Oakland can be at least equaled by the idiotic 3rd and 18 check down from dumbass Croyle in the 4th quarter of the Ravens game...

That was at least EQUALLY as dumb as Cassel throwing that pass to Savage at the end of the 1st half.

Uh that play didnt give up a sure 3 points.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 12:44 AM
I think Haley put his foot in his mouth with that "then sign me up" comment...I don't think that's how he meant to say it, it just came out...

We'll see...I'm fully expecting this season to get out of hand and for some of the idiots to beg for Brodie even though we've already seen how that ends up a few times.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 12:45 AM
I hope for the sake of our team Cassel is good because if he's not we're completely fucked.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2009, 12:46 AM

Oh Hootie, STFU.

Cassel ran for 9 yards on 3rd and 23.

Neither play was dumb. Just a guy trying to avoid a turnover in a hopleless, no-win situation.

Hammock Parties
09-23-2009, 12:47 AM
I hope for the sake of our team Cassel is good because if he's not we're completely fucked.

I bet you were shocked when he threw that touchdown. Admit it.

Hootie
Uh that play didnt give up a sure 3 points.

yeah you're right

it just gave us 4th and 18 from our own 20 in a must-get-a-1st down situation!

Brilliant!

Lets throw a checkdown to a double covered shitty TE and hope he miraculously A) catches the ball and B) breaks 3 tackles to gain positive yardage so we can hurry up to the LOS and pray we pick up a 4th and 16 instead of a 4th and 18!

That pass was super fucking pussy and served no purpose...as a Chiefs fan, I would have been much, much, MUCH more satisfied with a forced pick 6 downfield because at least that means he would have attempted to make a play...instead he checked down because he was afraid he might take a hit...rather than step up and try to make a play so we can win a football game.

That 3rd and 18 was all I needed to see (again) from Brodie...he's basically dead to me.

'Hamas' Jenkins

It's best for the long term interests for him to be really good. But if he's not, it's almost better for him to be really bad so that we don't have to dwell in Carl-esque mediocrity thinking that we're just one or two players away when we really have no chance due to limitations under center.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:48 AM
yeah you're right

it just gave us 4th and 18 from our own 20 in a must-get-a-1st down situation!

Brilliant!

Lets throw a checkdown to a double covered shitty TE and hope he miraculously A) catches the ball and B) breaks 3 tackles to gain positive yardage so we can hurry up to the LOS and pray we pick up a 4th and 16 instead of a 4th and 18!

That pass was super fucking pussy and served no purpose...as a Chiefs fan, I would have been much, much, MUCH more satisfied with a forced pick 6 downfield because at least that means he would have attempted to make a play...instead he checked down because he was afraid he might take a hit...rather than step up and try to make a play so we can win a football game.

That 3rd and 18 was all I needed to see (again) from Brodie...he's basically dead to me.

http://carlnet.no-ip.org/facepalm_implied.jpg

Hootie
09-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh Hootie, STFU.

Cassel ran for 9 yards on 3rd and 23.

Neither play was dumb. Just a guy trying to avoid a turnover in a hopleless, no-win situation.
read below...

the Croyle pass on 3rd and 18 was an abortion of all abortions when it comes to NFL QB'ing...

Nothing Cassel did last game even rivaled that decision in my eyes...

and in all honesty, I think Cassel played a decent enough game to make me believe he will be a good QB for us...he's the only reason we really have for watching this abortion this year.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 12:49 AM
It's best for the long term interests for him to be really good. But if he's not, it's almost better for him to be really bad so that we don't have to dwell in Carl-esque mediocrity thinking that we're just one or two players away when we really have no chance due to limitations under center.

One of my best friends is a Bills fan that lives in Jersey on Sunday night he said this to me..."If Sanchez keeps this up and the Jets end up good for a long time I'm blaming you and your stupid ass team"

Hootie
09-23-2009, 12:50 AM
http://carlnet.no-ip.org/facepalm_implied.jpg

you can never make your own point...tell me how that 3rd and 18 pass wasn't one of the dumbest decisions he could have made?

It was a terrible, terrible, ball-less throw that shows what kind of confidence Brodie Croyle has in his abilities.

He's a less talented, more injury prone version of Kyle Orton.

If that's what you want your QB to be than...whooopeee!

Dylan
09-23-2009, 12:51 AM
On Whitlock:

Be careful of the bandwagon effect from viewpoints as well as objections because they don't fit someone's personal agenda.

just my expert opinion. ... :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 12:52 AM

And if you are an Offensive-minded coordinator with an established level of success, staking YOUR REPUTATION in the league as you move up to the next and final tier of coaching, wouldn't you DEMAND to have a say if not the FINAL say on who the most important member of your offense and in-fact the team is?

Mecca
09-23-2009, 12:52 AM
It's no worse than throwing a 9 yard pass to the middle without calling a timeout then throwing a ball to an area where there are defenders then following that up by getting sacked.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 12:53 AM
read below...

the Croyle pass on 3rd and 18 was an abortion of all abortions when it comes to NFL QB'ing....

Yes, clearly more deleterious than throwing a left handed interception from your own end zone, or overthrowing an open receiver at the 10 yard line that leads to easy points, or missing an open receiver and causing a 70 yard INT return, or taking a sack when you could just throw the ball away, or losing track of the game and clocking it on fourth down, or lining up under the guard, or throwing a ball up for grabs when you're in the clutches of a defender on first down.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he was just trying to get the fuck rid of the ball or legally ground it so that the clock would stop?

Am I the only one who remembers multiple NFL teams picking up 4th and 18 or longer? It's a hell of a lot easier than scoring a touchdown when the other team has first and goal because of a sack/fumble or a boneheaded pick.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 12:54 AM
It's no worse than throwing a 9 yard pass to the middle without calling a timeout then throwing a ball to an area where there are defenders then following that up by getting sacked.

Coaches can call timeouts...if Haley wanted a timeout, he could have gotten a timeout...obviously, Haley didn't want a timeout...that's on Haley.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 12:56 AM
Jamon Meredith was signed by the Bills.

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 12:57 AM
One of my best friends is a Bills fan that lives in Jersey on Sunday night he said this to me..."If Sanchez keeps this up and the Jets end up good for a long time I'm blaming you and your stupid ass team"

Yea don't blame Seattle whos QB is 34 and injury prone.

Mecca
Jamon Meredith was signed by the Bills.

I saw that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Boy, you know, that Larry Johnson going down when completely surrounded on 2nd and 12 on that last drive was just fucking stupid!! He should have fought for that extra yardage to put it in a more desirable down and distance, even if there were four guys pushing him back and trying to rip the ball out. It's not like anything could be worse than 3rd and 9. I'd much rather have him pick up that extra 8 centimeters and risk losing the ball. That seems the proper cost/benefit analysis of the situation.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 12:58 AM
Yes, clearly more deleterious than throwing a left handed interception from your own end zone, or overthrowing an open receiver at the 10 yard line that leads to easy points, or missing an open receiver and causing a 70 yard INT return, or taking a sack when you could just throw the ball away, or losing track of the game and clocking it on fourth down, or lining up under the guard, or throwing a ball up for grabs when you're in the clutches of a defender on first down.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe he was just trying to get the **** rid of the ball or legally ground it so that the clock would stop?

Am I the only one who remembers multiple NFL teams picking up 4th and 18 or longer? It's a hell of a lot easier than scoring a touchdown when the other team has first and goal because of a sack/fumble or a boneheaded pick.

He threw a 2 yard checkdown to a double covered tight end that wasn't really all that close to out of bounds...

It was a horrible, terrible decision...and the sad thing is...he didn't even look for anyone else...it's like he snapped the ball, felt a little pressure (or thought pressure was on its way) and had his mind already made up...like he didn't even know the situation...

At least Cassel can improvise with his legs...Brodie showed me all I needed to see right there...he doesn't really CARE about winning...he cares about not pissing off Haley and not getting killed. His confidence is shattered...

Why anyone is even talking about Brodie Croyle is ridiculous...typical, pessimistic, KC Chiefs idiocracy fueled by our beloved columnist Jason Whitlock...who is apparently ridiculously good at his job...

I mean, we knew Hamas and Mecca were going to jump on Cassel as soon as possible...but great, now we have the whole local and national media looking at Brodie's box scores (and 30 yards of 1st half offense!!!!) and trying to create controversy when it's just not going to happen.

Cassel > Brodie...it's not even close...even if Cassel does really suck. Brodie is an average backup...and potentially a great 3rd string NFL QB.

Not a starter...

Cassel on the other hand...at least he has potential.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Yea don't blame Seattle whos QB is 34 and injury prone.

Well he knows me and doesn't know Seattle fans but he frankly straight up told me well before the trade ever happened that he thought Cassel was a bum.

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Well he knows me and doesn't know Seattle fans but he frankly straight up told me well before the trade ever happened that he thought Cassel was a bum.

I see. I disagree Cassel isn't a bum and it's funny how everyone was like "Cassel lost 5 games with an undefeated team!". You seen the Patriots this year? That o-line is shit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 01:00 AM
He threw a 2 yard checkdown to a double covered tight end that wasn't really all that close to out of bounds...

It was a horrible, terrible decision...and the sad thing is...he didn't even look for anyone else...it's like he snapped the ball, felt a little pressure (or thought pressure was on its way) and had his mind already made up...like he didn't even know the situation...

At least Cassel can improvise with his legs...Brodie showed me all I needed to see right there...he doesn't really CARE about winning...he cares about not pissing off Haley and not getting killed. His confidence is shattered....

I wish you were smart enough to see the rampant irony in this post. I really do, because it's fucking hilarious.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Boy, you know, that Larry Johnson going down when completely surrounded on 2nd and 12 on that last drive was just ****ing stupid!! He should have fought for that extra yardage to put it in a more desirable down and distance, even if there were four guys pushing him back and trying to rip the ball out. It's not like anything could be worse than 3rd and 9. I'd much rather have him pick up that extra 8 centimeters and risk losing the ball. That seems the proper cost/benefit analysis of the situation.

3rd and 18...game is on the line...you have two downs to keep the drive/hopes of winning alive...and you waste one down on a checkdown pass when you don't even give the play a second to develop?

Yeah...real similar fucking situations...

Someone explain to me how that was even remotely close to an intelligent decision by Brodie and I'll shut up.

Brodie was just happy to get out of there alive/have some decent numbers to put on his resume...that last series showed me all I needed to know from Brodie.

I guess everyone forgets he managed to put together ONE GOOD DRIVE against a Ravens defense that was trying to keep plays in front of them...and ONE GOOD PASS that led to a money FG by Mr. Irrelevant...

His performance was about as brutal as Haley's performance against Oakland.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:03 AM
I wish you were smart enough to see the rampant irony in this post. I really do, because it's ****ing hilarious.

Really...point it out then...because you never make any points...you just strut around here like you know everything and you're a genius and you post clever .gifs and stupid shit like that...

Apparently, my football knowledge is vastly superior to yours if you are defending Brodie/his final drive against the Ravens...

There is no QB controversy, there isn't going to be one...and Brodie isn't NEARLY the QB that Matt Cassel is...and Cassel proved that in a lackluster performance last Sunday...where he clearly played a better game than Brodie and his one drive (against a prevent Ravens defense)...

tk13
09-23-2009, 01:06 AM

Boo hoo. They are going to be good, and Sanchez is going to do a good job for them. And we aren't the team that let them trade up in the first round to get him.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 01:07 AM
There is no QB controversy, there isn't going to be one...and Brodie isn't NEARLY the QB that Matt Cassel is...and Cassel proved that in a lackluster performance last Sunday...where he clearly played a better game than Brodie and his one drive (against a prevent Ravens defense)...

Seriously? Or is this a joke?

Cassel looked like fucking Todd Blackledge out there: Dazed and Confused.

Brodie looked tentative but in control. He didn't throw one or even two interceptions on the road against most likely, the best defense in the league.

I think we're watching two different quarterbacks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Really...point it out then...because you never make any points...you just strut around here like you know everything and you're a genius and you post clever .gifs and stupid shit like that...

Apparently, my football knowledge is vastly superior to yours if you are defending Brodie/his final drive against the Ravens...

Holy shit, this is just disingenuous, and preposterously stupid.

You lay out your contention that Brodie's "mistake" was the worst thing any QB could do, ever. I precede to give you about 10-15 instances of far worse transgressions, some from the very same fucking game you were commenting on, and I'm the one who doesn't make points?

If you want to talk about a QB panicking because they don't know the situation, then why don't you replay the last play of the first half on Sunday, genious, because the very same thing that you are calling out Croyle for (which by virtue of him doing, afforded the Chiefs an extra down), you excuse Cassel for, even though it directly took any chance for points off the board, and happened precisely because he didn't know what the fuck was going on, and because he panicked due to a waft of pressure.

You really need to stop drinking, because you can't afford to lose any more brain cells. Your gray matter has to be like the Jews of Poland at this point

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 01:08 AM

Cassel looked like ****ing Todd Blackledge out there: Dazed and Confused.

Brodie looked tentative but in control. He didn't throw one or even two interceptions on the road against most likely, the best defense in the league.

Come on Dane Croyle hasn't won a game in 4 years dude.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 01:09 AM

Billay, this is the Gods honest truth from me; it's not the bashing of Cassel, it's the bashing of the reality and fact that the yin/yang of the Chiefs as a team and as a whole is severely out of whack.
You can see it on the field, and if you're perceptive to the whole, you can feel it in your gut as well.

At best, set back for a little longer.

At worst, that's the crux, and we've entered in to an even BIGGER miasma cluster-fuck than what came before now.

I bet you were shocked when he threw that touchdown. Admit it.

I was shocked when Bowe pulled that slop-bucket in. I'm glad Haley has made Dewayne his pet project.

'Hamas' Jenkins
And we aren't the team that let them trade up in the first round to get him.

ROFLROFLROFL

Hootie

Cassel looked like ****ing Todd Blackledge out there: Dazed and Confused.

dude...

he did JACK SHIT for 3.5 fucking quarters LMAO

the game plan was so incredibly pussified that it was almost like they knew they had no chance with brodie...so they built the gameplan that gave them the best chance to not get embarrassed...

we had ONE good offensive drive all game long...and that was when the ravens had no faith we could even move the ball...even when they weren't bringing pressure.

Are we kidding here?

Someone needs to go watch that Ravens game again...and it isn't me.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 01:10 AM
To be fair Cassel has never won a game with the Chiefs either, I know I know he won 10 last year for the Pats last year.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Come on Dane Croyle hasn't won a game in 4 years dude.

Because he plays for a team that has no talent and that's lost 25 out of 27 games.

He's played in 8 fucking games. How can he be held accountable for those shitty fucking teams and those losses?

Seriously.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:11 AM
I was shocked when Bowe pulled that slop-bucket in. I'm glad Haley has made Dewayne his pet project.

ROFL

OMG...

People are so ridiculous.

Yeah...that was a "slop-bucket"...

oh man...

This board is hard to deal with during football season. All of the unhappy idiots who have fat wives and terrible lives (rhymed) take out all of their displeasures on anything Chiefs related...

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Dude even if Cassel is awful he will be run out there for atleast 4 years, New England is still running Maroney out there. The people who make these decisions have egos and don't like to admit they fucked up.

It'll turn into "well he just needs this this this and this" and nothing will ever be his fault.

DaneMcCloud
To be fair Cassel has never won a game with the Chiefs either, I know I know he won 10 last year for the Pats last year.

Cassel may become the only QB in history to take over a 16-0 team, lead them for 15 games and go 11-5, only to take over a 0-1 team and take them to 0-15.

Only the Chiefs.

tk13
ROFLROFLROFL

Yeah, brilliant. You see how lame that was, exactly my point. A bunch of whining babies. Wah wah.

Titty Meat
Billay, this is the Gods honest truth from me; it's not the bashing of Cassel, it's the bashing of the reality and fact that the yin/yang of the Chiefs as a team and as a whole is severely out of whack.
You can see it on the field, and if you're perceptive to the whole, you can feel it in your gut as well.

At best, set back for a little longer.

At worst, that's the crux, and we've entered in to an even BIGGER miasma cluster-**** than what came before now.

The team sucks did anyone expect Cassel to play great coming of a knee injury throwing to a WR they just signed 5 days before the game?

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Because he plays for a team that has no talent and that's lost 25 out of 27 games.

He's played in 8 ****ing games. How can he be held accountable for those shitty ****ing teams and those losses?

Seriously.

Have you seen him play those 8 games? He sucks.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:13 AM

He's played in 8 ****ing games. How can he be held accountable for those shitty ****ing teams and those losses?

Seriously.
How is anyone defending Brodie Croyle?

He can't stay healthy...he IS NEVER going to be a franchise QB...he's a lost cause.

Plain and simple.

He did not PLAY GOOD against the Ravens...by any means...I don't care what the box score says...he threw a TD after a great play by Derrick Johnson...and he led a drive against a prevent "I dare you to" Ravens defense who made a mockery of our "offense" for 50+ minutes until we finally did something...

How many fucking 1st downs did we have through the first three quarters?

I mean...

ARE WE KIDDING HERE?

Jesus...

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 01:14 AM

Personally, I think the guy has all the talent in the world to succeed, IF and only IF he can stay healthy.

BTW, those teams sucked fucking ass, with or without him.

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2009, 01:15 AM
The team sucks did anyone expect Cassel to play great coming of a knee injury throwing to a WR they just signed 5 days before the game?

Their is a valid point that his decision making was absolute dogshit, and is inexcusable.

Hootie
Cassel may become the only QB in history to take over a 16-0 team, lead them for 15 games and go 11-5, only to take over a 0-1 team and take them to 0-15.

Only the Chiefs.

Yeah, ok...we're going to go 0-16? ROFL

If we play the Raiders...last Sunday...at Arrowhead 10 times...we win 8 times. If you are dumb enough to think Haley isn't going to improve on that disaster on a team we TOTALLY outplayed over the course of this season...you are just nuts.

We'll win 4 games...at least. But if I had to guess...4-12.

Mecca

He does suck and Cassel didn't look much better that is what I find concerning.

tk13
I think if Croyle could stay healthy he could still figure it out. It's a definite possibility. He hasn't even had enough consistent playing time to get to the point where the game slows down for him. But you could probably say the same thing about Cassel... he hasn't played enough games to be making that many sweeping judgments. But that's what people do anyway.

DaneMcCloud
How is anyone defending Brodie Croyle?

He can't stay healthy...he IS NEVER going to be a franchise QB...he's a lost cause.

Yeah, because there's never been a QB in the history of league that's been a late bloomer for one reason or another.

Mecca
Who are the 4 games we're going to win, I have to ask.

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 01:16 AM
He does suck and Cassel didn't look much better that is what I find concerning.

It's 1 game. I'd love to see what this board said about Trent Green his first season in Kansas City.

ChiefsCountry
Dude even if Cassel is awful he will be run out there for atleast 4 years, New England is still running Maroney out there. The people who make these decisions have egos and don't like to admit they ****ed up.

It'll turn into "well he just needs this this this and this" and nothing will ever be his fault.

Well Barkley and Gabbert will be draft eligable by then. ;)

'Hamas' Jenkins
Yeah, brilliant. You see how lame that was, exactly my point. A bunch of whining babies. Wah wah.

Nice attempt at backtracking, but no one buys it. Everyone knows who was there at 3.

FTR, it's pretty easy to see through you: you're basically a meeker version of doomy3. You're just too cool for the room, but rather than being overt about it, you just cloak it in passive aggressiveness.

Mecca
It's 1 game. I'd love to see what this board said about Trent Green his first season in Kansas City.

And after everything we know, that trade sucked, we never won a playoff game and now we have no QB for the 11th fucking pick.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 01:17 AM
If we play the Raiders...last Sunday...at Arrowhead 10 times...we win 8 times.

That's irrelevant.

The Chiefs don't play the Raiders eight more times this season.

They play them once more, in Oakland.

By the time they get back there, it's possible they're so beat up and so dejected after facing Dallas, the Giants, Philly, San Diego and Pittsburgh that there's no gas left in the tank to beat the Raiders.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 01:18 AM
You really need to stop drinking, because you can't afford to lose any more brain cells. Your gray matter has to be like the Jews of Poland at this point

ROFL

I'm willing to give some levity to the injury. That's a legitimate point. Whatever the case may be, we've got a whole season to watch events unfold.

Hootie
Personally, I think the guy has all the talent in the world to succeed, IF and only IF he can stay healthy.

BTW, those teams sucked ****ing ass, with or without him.

Damon Huard had those "shitty" teams 4-3 before LJ got hurt...and Croyle proceeded to do what?

Lose.

He even had to be taken out of the Lions game (for getting hurt again) only to see Huard almost lead them to a comeback...

Croyle ISN'T good...he'll never win a game for us...he might be capable of not losing a game (a la the Ravens)...but when/if we ever need him to win a game...he won't do it.

Cassel showed last year he can do it...and I don't care if he had playmakers around him...isn't that what we should be doing? Just because we don't have any of those this year (outside of Bowe) doesn't mean he won't have any in 2010...2011...and beyond.

This is a year to build a little chemistry...get the organization set up internally...and then build from there...

the fact that these bullshit threads that speculate for a 'never will be' QB in KC is just filled with a bunch of unhappy 40 year old idiots who don't get laid/don't want to be laid unhappy fools with wives who can't lay off of the Ben & Jerry's...

Titty Meat
And after everything we know, that trade sucked, we never won a playoff game and now we have no QB for the 11th ****ing pick.

Not winning a playoff game was Trent Greens fault? and 9-11 was done by the government.

Mecca
I think if Croyle could stay healthy he could still figure it out. It's a definite possibility. He hasn't even had enough consistent playing time to get to the point where the game slows down for him. But you could probably say the same thing about Cassel... he hasn't played enough games to be making that many sweeping judgments. But that's what people do anyway.

And here is the #1 reason I didn't like that trade we traded for a 27 year old QB that is now having rookie kid glove lines used about him "he needs more experience, he hasn't played that much" all of that.

Bullshit you trade for a guy who's 27 he doesn't get development time you want development time draft a 22 year old.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:19 AM
Not winning a playoff game was Trent Greens fault? and 9-11 was done by the government.

We used the 11th pick on a QB and got 5 good years out of him that resulted in no playoff wins and 1 playoff appearance.

Shitty deal.

DaneMcCloud

TrInt sucked ass his first season.

And quite frankly, the trade was a complete and utter failure.

Unless Trent Green was protected by four All-Pro offensive lineman and a great running back, he curled up into a little ball of pain.

He was a fucking waste of a draft pick and a waste of five years of my time.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Damon Huard had those "shitty" teams 4-3 before LJ got hurt...and Croyle proceeded to do what?

Lose.

He even had to be taken out of the Lions game (for getting hurt again) only to see Huard almost lead them to a comeback...

Croyle ISN'T good...he'll never win a game for us...he might be capable of not losing a game (a la the Ravens)...but when/if we ever need him to win a game...he won't do it.

Cassel showed last year he can do it...and I don't care if he had playmakers around him...isn't that what we should be doing? Just because we don't have any of those this year (outside of Bowe) doesn't mean he won't have any in 2010...2011...and beyond.

This is a year to build a little chemistry...get the organization set up internally...and then build from there...

the fact that these bullshit threads that speculate for a 'never will be' QB in KC is just filled with a bunch of unhappy 40 year old idiots who don't get laid/don't want to be laid unhappy fools with wives who can't lay off of the Ben & Jerry's...

How the fuck has this idiot lasted this long on this board? Seriously?

Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:20 AM
That's irrelevant.

The Chiefs don't play the Raiders eight more times this season.

They play them once more, in Oakland.

By the time they get back there, it's possible they're so beat up and so dejected after facing Dallas, the Giants, Philly, San Diego and Pittsburgh that there's no gas left in the tank to beat the Raiders.

the same Raiders who should have beat the Chargers?

It's the NFL, dude...we almost beat the Ravens with a backup QB...the same Ravens who might be the odds on favorite to win the AFC...

It's the NFL, dude...

We're going to win more than one game...even if we have to stumble into it...

4 or 5 is more than realistic...

I mean...0-1 is 50 times more unrealistic than 7 or 8...that's how certain I am that we'll win 2 games (at least)...

DaneMcCloud
How the fuck has this idiot lasted this long on this board? Seriously?

He likes to party

Titty Meat
We used the 11th pick on a QB and got 5 good years out of him that resulted in no playoff wins and 1 playoff appearance.

Shitty deal.

That wasn't Trent Greens fault that was Carl Peterson and for all his drafting that was a good deal considering he or Vermiel would have fucked it away on a player like Ryan Pickett.

Tribal Warfare
Bullshit you trade for a guy who's 27 he doesn't get development time you want development time draft a 22 year old.

yep, his 3 to 4 years of leeway are over. So if he gets thrashed about commiting dumb mistakes he'll further prove that he's a game manager and nothing more.

Hootie
09-23-2009, 01:21 AM
How the **** has this idiot lasted this long on this board? Seriously?

you just called a perfect play/perfect pass/perfect catch a "slop-bucket" because you want desperately to be accepted by hamas jenkins...

and I'm the idiot?

Well...at least I'm not a leech/poser...I'd rather be an idiot than a fucking lackey...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 01:22 AM
He likes to party

Well as dumb as he is, I hope he likes to suck dick through a glory hole.

Titty Meat
TrInt sucked ass his first season.

And quite frankly, the trade was a complete and utter failure.

Unless Trent Green was protected by four All-Pro offensive lineman and a great running back, he curled up into a little ball of pain.

He was a ****ing waste of a draft pick and a waste of five years of my time.

The Chiefs have been a joke for along time it was Carl Petersons shitty drafting. I'm not going to write Cassel off nor should you. Even if the Chiefs drafted Sanchez this team would suck and like you said it's going to take a few years to get talent.

Mecca
That wasn't Trent Greens fault that was Carl Peterson and for all his drafting that was a good deal considering he or Vermiel would have fucked it away on a player like Ryan Pickett.

It's just complete shit to watch people hold Trent up as a standard when in reality even the deal for him sucked.

Green was a great guy and everyone liked him but he was the product of what was around him. Almost any QB could have produced in that situation if you put Drew Bledsoe behind that line he might have broke a passing record.

Sweet Daddy Hate
you just called a perfect play/perfect pass/perfect catch a "slop-bucket" because you want desperately to be accepted by hamas jenkins...

and I'm the idiot?

Well...at least I'm not a leech/poser...I'd rather be an idiot than a fucking lackey...

You ARE an idiot fucking lackey.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:23 AM
The Chiefs have been a joke for along time it was Carl Petersons shitty drafting. I'm not going to write Cassel off nor should you. Even if the Chiefs drafted Sanchez this team would suck and like you said it's going to take a few years to get talent.

Cassel is 27 that's the issue with this a 27 year old QB is entering his prime, this shouldn't be "oh well he needs 2 years of development time" He isn't a draft pick.

He in no way should be treated with kid gloves or like a rookie.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2009, 01:23 AM
the same Raiders who should have beat the Chargers?

The Chargers won.

It's the NFL, dude...we almost beat the Ravens with a backup QB...the same Ravens who might be the odds on favorite to win the AFC...

No, we didn't. The Chiefs gave up 500 yards and 38 points to a team that played a sloppy football game. The final score, just like so many games last year, was an illusion that meant nothing.

It's the NFL, dude...

We're going to win more than one game...even if we have to stumble into it...

We might. I'm not counting on it but I truly hope so.

4 or 5 is more than realistic...

Not to me. I hope I'm wrong.

I mean...0-1 is 50 times more unrealistic than 7 or 8...that's how certain I am that we'll win 2 games (at least)...

My prediction was 2-14, with our first win against Cleveland. I'm hoping that still holds true but the dysfunction that appears to be coming out of One Arrowhead Drive has me concerned.

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 01:24 AM
It's just complete shit to watch people hold Trent up as a standard when in reality even the deal for him sucked.

Green was a great guy and everyone liked him but he was the product of what was around him. Almost any QB could have produced in that situation if you put Drew Bledsoe behind that line he might have broke a passing record.

Yea but thats what this business is all about producing. Look i'm not saying trading a 1st rounder for a 30 year old QB is a good deal but the organization was such shit I'd rather spend money on a productive QB then a guy who'll always suck.

tk13
Nice attempt at backtracking, but no one buys it. Everyone knows who was there at 3.

FTR, it's pretty easy to see through you: you're basically a meeker version of doomy3. You're just too cool for the room, but rather than being overt about it, you just cloak it in passive aggressiveness.

Not really. If I took this place 1% seriously, then yes. But I don't care. I just have a very dark sense of humor. The things that irritate most people I find funny.

Hootie
He likes to party

I'd have a hard time believing that someone as smart as DaneMcCloud would think that RAISED ON RIOTS has more life potential than me...

Are you fucking kidding me?

At least I can form my own opinions. At least I don't leech around threads begging for acceptance from hamas jenkins.

I used to think the talking can was an idiot and I thought he always had the wrong opinion about the Chiefs...we always disagreed...

Fast forward two years and everything he says is spot on...he's the voice of reason on this site...when I agree with someone, I agree...I don't care if it is hamas/dane/OTWP/tk13/talking can or *gulp* the idiot ROR...but at least I don't leech around hamas and cherry pick his opinions/thoughts as my own.

So I guess if I'm an idiot at least I'm not pathetic enough to beg for acceptance on chiefsplanet.com...

DaneMcCloud

I'm not writing him off.

But I will discuss his shortcomings on Sundays.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 01:25 AM
Cassel is 27 that's the issue with this a 27 year old QB is entering his prime, this shouldn't be "oh well he needs 2 years of development time" He isn't a draft pick.

That's PRIME AGE. You hit the fucking ground running and you don't stop. And isn't that the reason we went with this guy to begin with?

DaneMcCloud
I'd have a hard time believing that someone as smart as DaneMcCloud would think that RAISED ON RIOTS has more life potential than me...

It was a joke.

Lighten up, Bro.

Mecca
Yea but thats what this business is all about producing. Look i'm not saying trading a 1st rounder for a 30 year old QB is a good deal but the organization was such shit I'd rather spend money on a productive QB then a guy who'll always suck.

And this attitude is why we suck now, people that wanted to trade all our picks because "we can't draft anyway" what kinda defeatest attitude is that?

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 01:26 AM

So he should produce right away? You can't have your cake and eat it too. Brady, Manning, whoever would suck with this team look at the talent. The Chiefs still put up 400 yards of offense, first game for Cassel and only Haleys 2nd game coaching. Lets wait before we label them anything.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:26 AM
I had to listen to all this shit about how Cassel started for a year in the NFL he's ready, he's not a rookie blah blah blah and now the rookie excuses come out.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2009, 01:27 AM
It was a joke.

Lighten up, Bro.

Remember, we're the unhappy ones, here.

Hootie
The Chargers won.

No, we didn't. The Chiefs gave up 500 yards and 38 points to a team that played a sloppy football game. The final score, just like so many games last year, was an illusion that meant nothing.

It's the NFL, dude...

We might. I'm not counting on it but I truly hope so.

Not to me. I hope I'm wrong.

My prediction was 2-14, with our first win against Cleveland. I'm hoping that still holds true but the dysfunction that appears to be coming out of One Arrowhead Drive has me concerned.

weeks 6, 7, 9 and 10 are winnable...

IMO

But whatever...I don't even care about wins and losses...I just wish this dipshittery would go away...every year...we already knew we were going to suck...

If Mark Sanchez was our starting QB...we'd still be 0-2.

Titty Meat
And this attitude is why we suck now, people that wanted to trade all our picks because "we can't draft anyway" what kinda defeatest attitude is that?

It's not a defeatest attitude it was the reality of the Chiefs. This organization wasn't going anywhere with Carl Peterson. The guy had 13 draft picks in 2008and its fair to say most of them suck. I expect different from this regime.

Tribal Warfare
09-23-2009, 01:28 AM
So he should produce right away?

Yes, that's the nature of the NFL when it comes to Cassel's age and experience.

Mecca
So he should produce right away? You can't have your cake and eat it too. Brady, Manning, whoever would suck with this team look at the talent. The Chiefs still put up 400 yards of offense, first game for Cassel and only Haleys 2nd game coaching. Lets wait before we label them anything.

I don't think Manning would suck with any team because he's great but that's not the debate Cassel will never be Manning.

The debate is I will not judge him like a rookie or treat him with inexperienced learning the game rookie gloves, if they wanted to do that we should have drafted a QB.

You trade for a guy who's 27 he's suppose to be ready to go RIGHT NOW he does not get 2 years of a free pass for being a young guy.

Sweet Daddy Hate

Are you fucking kidding me?

At least I can form my own opinions. At least I don't leech around threads begging for acceptance from hamas jenkins.

I used to think the talking can was an idiot and I thought he always had the wrong opinion about the Chiefs...we always disagreed...

Fast forward two years and everything he says is spot on...he's the voice of reason on this site...when I agree with someone, I agree...I don't care if it is hamas/dane/OTWP/tk13/talking can or *gulp* the idiot ROR...but at least I don't leech around hamas and cherry pick his opinions/thoughts as my own.

So I guess if I'm an idiot at least I'm not pathetic enough to beg for acceptance on chiefsplanet.com...

Your opinions are those of an uneducated ass. I wouldn't trust you to grill a fucking hot dog.
I might however trust you to shove one up your ass in a display of drunken bravado.

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Yes, that's the nature of the NFL when it comes to Cassel's age and experience.

it's 1 fucking game! I guess Bear fans shoulda wrote off Jay Cutler too.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:30 AM
Jay Cutler is younger than Matt Cassel is there's some perspective for ya.

Hootie
Remember, we're the unhappy ones, here.

I've seen one of the girls you've been linked to...

I'd be unhappy, too...

but instead I have a whole cast of 19 year olds who are dumber than ROR ready to blow me whenever I send them a text...so life is good for me (until Sunday)...

Tribal Warfare
it's 1 fucking game! I guess Bear fans shoulda wrote off Jay Cutler too.

Against the Raiders, WTF will he do against the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Jay Cutler is younger than Matt Cassel is there's some perspective for ya.

No hes a veteran and veterans should come in and do good day 1. Mecca i'm sorry but theres not any logic to your argument. Your basis is off 1 game and a team you claim has no talent. So you expect a QB to succeed with no talent?

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 01:31 AM
If Mark Sanchez was our starting QB...we'd still be 0-2.

I dont know since 3rd down conversations are your hot button, he has been great at that this year. And more than half have been over 10 yards.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Seriously I hope Cassel is good I don't want the team to blow, but at the same time I do not want this double standard defense.

Numerous people said he was a better option than Sanchez because of experience not being a rookie etc etc etc, so when he fucks up don't tell me he's inexperienced you can't play both sides.

Titty Meat
Against the Raiders, WTF will he do against the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants

He'll fail! Arrowhead stadium will burn down its all over. 1 game in which the team with no talent and the QB with a sprained knee puts up 400 yards. FAIL

Hootie
Your opinions are those of an uneducated ass. I wouldn't trust you to grill a ****ing hot dog.
I might however trust you to shove one up your ass in a display of drunken bravado.

Now...as a 24 year old still a semester short from a degree...I'd be willing to bet the small amount of money I have that you have no college education whatsoever...

Now, as a 24 year old who will use his degree for JACK SHIT...I'm not saying college is important (unless you want to be a doctor/lawyer/etc...) but it's just funny a dude that probably makes $28,000 a year is calling me uneducated.

If I were a full time waiter in Chicago...I'd probably make twice as much money as you make in a year.

Food for thought, buddy ROFL

Titty Meat
Seriously I hope Cassel is good I don't want the team to blow, but at the same time I do not want this double standard defense.

Numerous people said he was a better option than Sanchez because of experience not being a rookie etc etc etc, so when he ****s up don't tell me he's inexperienced you can't play both sides.

Sanchez would have sucked with the Chiefs too.

Mecca
09-23-2009, 01:33 AM
No hes a veteran and veterans should come in and do good day 1. Mecca i'm sorry but theres not any logic to your argument. Your basis is off 1 game and a team you claim has no talent. So you expect a QB to succeed with no talent?

I don't care that they lost the game, I care that he made a couple of bonehead rookie mistakes.

Tribal Warfare
He'll fail! Arrowhead stadium will burn down its all over. 1 game in which the team with no talent and the QB with a sprained knee puts up 400 yards. FAIL

How can you defend his decision making, against the fucking Raiders of all teams he'll play.

Hammock Parties

Numerous people said he was a better option than Sanchez because of experience not being a rookie etc etc etc, so when he fucks up don't tell me he's inexperienced you can't play both sides.

I agree completely.

The two interceptions and the check-down were inexcusable.

tk13
09-23-2009, 01:34 AM

Numerous people said he was a better option than Sanchez because of experience not being a rookie etc etc etc, so when he ****s up don't tell me he's inexperienced you can't play both sides.

I want Cassel to be good too. But let's be serious here, or you can be frank, or whoever. You'd much rather be right than any of the other options. Don't be coy.

Hootie
I dont know since 3rd down conversations are your hot button, he has been great at that this year. And more than half have been over 10 yards.

I think he might have a little better supporting cast...but hey, what do I know?

Either way...I'm sure of Sanchez was starting right now Whitlock would still be writing the same columns blah blah blah blah blah...

Or it would be like..."see we knew he didn't have enough college experience!"

So predictable.

Lets play "guess the week 3 headlines!" after we lose @ philly against a far superior team in another "hostile" environment.

Titty Meat
I don't care that they lost the game, I care that he made a couple of bonehead rookie mistakes.

He also put the team ahead with 1 minute left but you left that out of your argument too.