PDA

View Full Version : KU Tyshawn Taylor put in the hospital by KU football players

Pages : [1] 2

Sure-Oz
09-22-2009, 10:13 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/sep/22/ku-guard-tyshawn-taylor-treated-hospital-after-inc/

KU guard Tyshawn Taylor treated at hospital after incident in front of Burge Union

By J-W Staff Reports

Kansas University sophomore guard Tyshawn Taylor was involved in an incident that broke out in front of Burge Union on the KU campus shortly after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, a source confirmed Tuesday night.

A nursing supervisor confirmed that a Tyshawn Taylor was admitted Tuesday night at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.

"Yes he is here. He is currently being treated," the nursing supervisor said.

A source said several people witnessed a skirmish between members of the football team and basketball team. The identities of the other players involved were not known as of Tuesday night.

"We're aware of reports of an incident and we are gathering facts as we speak," associate athletic director Jim Marchiony said Tuesday night.

KcMizzou
09-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Yeah... no matter how good your basketball team is, they probably shouldn't be taking on football players.

Sure-Oz
09-22-2009, 10:19 PM
It had to be some lineman or something, i'd be suprised if it was Reesing or Maier

KcMizzou
09-22-2009, 10:20 PM
It had to be some lineman or something, i'd be suprised if it was Reesing or MaierWell yeah... Taylor'd whip their asses.

Sure-Oz
09-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Well yeah... Taylor'd whip their asses.

I'm pretty sure Reesing is probably the tutor or test taker for most their players:D

RealSNR
09-22-2009, 10:24 PM
It had to be some lineman or something, i'd be suprised if it was Reesing or MaierThat, or Mangino got hungry

Silock
09-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Fucking retarded. I hope Mangino suspends the football players and Self punishes Taylor.

There is ZERO reason to be doing stupid shit like this.

Sure-Oz
09-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Self will make him go to burrito sundays at salty iguana

DeezNutz
09-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Self will make him go to burrito sundays at salty iguana

ROFL

KC_Connection
09-22-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm hearing that Briscoe got in a fight with one of the Morrises over a girl. Unsubstantiated rumor, of course, but still, that would hurt. If Briscoe gets suspended for a while, we have absolutely no shot in that OU game coming up.

KC_Connection
09-22-2009, 11:20 PM
****ing retarded. I hope Mangino suspends the football players and Self punishes Taylor.

Meh...this is what 19-21 year olds do. Stupid shit.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-22-2009, 11:21 PM
ROFL, basketball team is getting pissed because the football team is starting to steal their pub

Silock
09-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Meh...this is what 19-21 year olds do. Stupid shit.

They know better, though. This isn't the University of Miami.

Kyle DeLexus
09-22-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm hearing that Briscoe got in a fight with one of the Morrises over a girl. Unsubstantiated rumor, of course, but still, that would hurt. If Briscoe gets suspended for a while, we have absolutely no shot in that OU game coming up.

Damn white girls getting in the way of our Athletic programs!

doomy3
09-22-2009, 11:23 PM
You've got to be fucking shitting me.

doomy3
09-22-2009, 11:24 PM
ROFL, basketball team is getting pissed because the football team is starting to steal their pub

:rolleyes:

KC_Connection
09-22-2009, 11:24 PM
They know better, though. This isn't the University of Miami.
College kids know better? I'm not so sure.

When you start getting a better football team....this shit happens, I think.

doomy3
09-22-2009, 11:27 PM
I wish there were reports about what is actually wrong with Taylor to be put in a hospital.

teedubya
09-22-2009, 11:27 PM
****ing retarded. I hope Mangino suspends the football players and Self punishes Taylor.

this.

KC_Connection
09-22-2009, 11:29 PM
I wish there were reports about what is actually wrong with Taylor to be put in a hospital.
Rumors about x-rays on his hand and a possible dislocated finger.....once again, unsubstantiated. His mother was called and said he was fine.

Silock
09-22-2009, 11:30 PM

I managed to make it through college without putting someone in the hospital, getting there myself through a fight, or getting arrested. Surely they can, too.

KC_Connection
09-22-2009, 11:32 PM
confirmation on dislocated finger: http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2009-09-22/kus_taylor_sent_to_hospital

Not a serious injury, really.

POND_OF_RED
09-22-2009, 11:33 PM

:rolleyes: I'm sure that's it. It's because you guys have too much greatness to fit into one school. Give me a break. You all act like KU is this school that only recruits future angels walking amongst us. It's not like this is the first time a KU player has gotten into a fight. I remember a KU football player punching an old lady in the face at a Kenny Chesney concert. Perfect little angels.

KC_Connection
09-22-2009, 11:36 PM
:rolleyes: I'm sure that's it. It's because you guys have too much greatness to fit into one school. Give me a break. You all act like KU is this school that only recruits future angels walking amongst us. It's not like this is the first time a KU player has gotten into a fight. I remember a KU football player punching an old lady in the face at a Kenny Chesney concert. Perfect little angels.
Umm...what the fuck are you talking about?

#1. KU is better at sports than whatever school you went to. That much I know.

#2. My point was that as you recruit better (especially in football), there is a greater chance that you will get guys who cause problems like this. Nobody is saying they are "future angels," fuckface.

Kyle DeLexus
09-22-2009, 11:38 PM

They are perfect little angels if they can get us a perfect little record and a perfect little championship. Whoever did this on that football team needs to be punished for not having their priorities straight and thinking about our upcoming basketball season!!!! (unless it really was Briscoe.....then all is forgiven)

doomy3
09-22-2009, 11:38 PM
confirmation on dislocated finger: http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2009-09-22/kus_taylor_sent_to_hospital

Good, at least it isn't something worse like a bad head injury or something.

kcchiefsus
09-22-2009, 11:40 PM

No worries, Mangina will never do something to keep a talented player off the field. He'll find a way to make this go away.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Weren't they running people over with cars and shit last year?

KC_Connection
09-22-2009, 11:41 PM
No worries, Mangina will never do something to keep a talented player off the field. He'll find a way to make this go away.
That would be fine with me.

POND_OF_RED
09-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Nobody is saying they are "future angels," ****face.

They know better, though. This isn't the University of Miami..

cdirty
09-22-2009, 11:44 PM
wtf hawks...

shape up.

KC_Connection
09-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Apparently you believe you've made some kind of point?

Because I don't see him saying these guys are without fault. He wants to see them suspended for their idiocy (I don't...I personally only care about winning).

POND_OF_RED
09-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Apparently you believe you've made some kind of point?

Because I don't see him saying these guys are without fault. He wants to see them suspended for their idiocy (I don't...I personally only care about winning).

He's saying that KU athletes shouldn't be getting in trouble like this. As if it's some sort of shock to read about a KU player getting in trouble with the law.

Dante84
09-22-2009, 11:49 PM
I heard it started in an elevator. Collins pulled out his dong, and some chick ran screaming. On her way out, she stopped by the mail box, grabbed the letter that demanded he go to court, and took off through the parking lot.

In the parking lot, she started taking fire from the Morris twins, who were perched in their dorm room, AKA the crow's nest. She dodged the BB's, and a female swimmer's mom was caught in the crossfire.

She sprinted across campus, bumping into Taylor in front of the union, sending his books into the air. These books landed on Reesing's pocket mirror, which he happened to be "dusting off" at the time. The mirror shattered, sending a pfloom of white dust into the air.

This cloud alerted the Olinemen, who were studying across the union. They ran up to Reesing to see what was the matter. "Oh no!" they shouted. Todd's eyes were bloodshot and glazed over. It was not completely illogical to think that his mirror's shards had landed in his eyes. Later, after the "dust" settled, they would find out that Todd was suffering from allergies, which would also explain his bloody nose.

The Oline, in their anger, charged Taylor, because someone said he threw the book. A fight ensued.

Taylor dislocated his finger in the altercation, and was immediately prescribed medicinal marijuana. Chalmers and Arthur immediately were sought out for advice, because they had knowledge of common side effects.

Taylor tried to reach Beasley, also, but he was busy in the bathroom, apparently dealing with a clogged toilet- he must have flushed it 15 times while Taylor waited on hold.

KC_Connection
09-22-2009, 11:50 PM
He's saying that KU athletes shouldn't be getting in trouble like this. As if it's some sort of shock to read about a KU player getting in trouble with the law.

It's not a shock for me to read about any college athlete getting in trouble with the law. Immature kids do stupid things everywhere.

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2009, 11:54 PM
No worries, Mangina will never do something to keep a talented player off the field. He'll find a way to make this go away.This. Perhaps it was all just a misunderstanding as to who was supposed to be taking his test.

Dante84
09-22-2009, 11:56 PM
This. Perhaps it was all just a misunderstanding as to who was supposed to be taking his test.

If it was high school math, you can bet it wasn't Arthur.

doomy3
09-22-2009, 11:56 PM

So, if this story was about MU or whatever school you root for, your stance would be that they should be getting into trouble, so who cares?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-22-2009, 11:57 PM
I heard it started in an elevator.

You Sir, are an amazing individual.

Silock
09-22-2009, 11:57 PM

First, he's not in trouble with the law -- yet. Second, you don't expect it from players whose coaches are so focused on discipline like Self and Mangino are.

I'm not shocked... it's just stupid and they should be punished. There's no doubt that this happens at every university, but when you have a top 25 football program and the top ranked basketball programs, ALL of the players involved should KNOW how retarded it is to get into trouble like this when it can undermine your fellow teammates' chances at getting into a good bowl game or getting a good seed for the NCAA tourney. They should be smart enough to avoid this.

POND_OF_RED
09-22-2009, 11:58 PM
It's not a shock for me to read about any college athlete getting in trouble with the law. Immature kids do stupid things everywhere.

It shouldn't. I just get sick of KU fans acting like they run a squeaky clean program when this shit happens year after year. I'm obviously not suggesting MU is any better but I don't say things like "That's not like Mizzou. C'mon this isn't Miami" when it pops up.

Pitt Gorilla
09-22-2009, 11:59 PM
First, he's not in trouble with the law -- yet. Second, you don't expect it from players whose coaches are so focused on discipline like Self and Mangino are.Mangino is focused on discipline? Really? Don't you have to have discipline prior to focusing on it?

Silock
09-23-2009, 12:00 AM
It shouldn't. I just get sick of KU fans acting like they run a squeaky clean program when this shit happens year after year. I'm obviously not suggesting MU is any better but I don't say things like "That's not like Mizzou. C'mon this isn't Miami" when it pops up.

Untwist thy panties and wash the sand out of your vagina. The Miami jab was just a jab not meant to be taken seriously.

KU fans don't act like we run a squeaky clean program, just that we SHOULD.

I don't see what's so wrong with that.

Dante84
09-23-2009, 12:04 AM
You Sir, are an amazing individual.

Thanks. You can't trust everything you hear/read.

I'm willing to bet that the story is about 85% true. The other 15% is just a matter of sequence issues and fuzzy calendar/clock work.

ChiefsCountry
09-23-2009, 12:04 AM
I bet the fight was over a chick, 99% fights in college are over girls.

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2009, 12:06 AM
How many of the players will get "unarrested?"

|Zach|
09-23-2009, 12:06 AM
I managed to make it through college without putting someone in the hospital, getting there myself through a fight, or getting arrested. Surely they can, too.

Ya know I hear this a lot and I am not sure I agree with it.

I can't for the life of me remember who it was but some KU player got in some altercation at a bar. Shit went down...a lot of people on a sports show were saying the same kind of thing as above...a guy on the show had an interesting point.

He said you may know what it was like to be a kid that age in a bar but do you know what it is like to be [insert name] in a bar?

These athletes are targets. By women and trouble. Two random jackasses get into it in a bar and not much happens. An elite athlete is involved? They have everything to lose. I have seen it...guys going out of their way to start shit with plays who are out and about...just trying to get a reaction or start trouble because they have nothing to lose but the player has everything to lose.

To be clear...it seems like there was wrong doing and if you make good decisions this type of thing doesn't happen. I am not giving these guys a pass.

But things are not always so simple.

Dante84
09-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Hey now, Mizzou players get in bar fights too. Remember losing half your team last offseason?

Silock
09-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Ya know I hear this a lot and I am not sure I agree with it.

I can't for the life of me remember who it was but some KU player got in some altercation at a bar. Shit went down...a lot of people on a sports show were saying the same kind of thing as above...a guy on the show had an interesting point.

He said you may know what it was like to be a kid that age in a bar but do you know what it is like to be [insert name] in a bar?

These athletes are targets. By women and trouble. Two random jackasses get into it in a bar and not much happens. An elite athlete is involved? They have everything to lose. I have seen it...guys going out of their way to start shit with plays who are out and about...just trying to get a reaction or start trouble because they have nothing to lose but the player has everything to lose.

To be clear...it seems like there was wrong doing and if you make good decisions this type of thing doesn't happen. I am not giving these guys a pass.

But things are not always so simple.

Your choices are still your own. No one can force you to get into a bar fight, regardless of who you are.

And in this case, it was athlete on athlete violence, so there is REALLY no excuse.

Dante84
09-23-2009, 12:12 AM
it was athlete on athlete violence

And that, kiddos, is called a euphemism.

Silock
09-23-2009, 12:15 AM
No, it's the facts as presented in the story.

Dante84
09-23-2009, 12:17 AM
euphemism n. The act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.

Reread my post. I didn't say you were lying or embellishing. I just think "athlete on athlete" was a euphemism.

Silock
09-23-2009, 12:19 AM
I think you missed the point. I was responding to players having a target on their back because they're athletes. If they're both athletes, there's no target. They're social equals.

joesomebody
09-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Meh. Glad it was Kansas, but I see it as no different than when Maclin was involved with that concealed weapon charge, but it magically was all that poor freshman/sophomore nobody's fault. There are ways to resolve these type of issues for the better of the team, but these issues happen on all teams that actually have decent players. BTW, FUCK KU.

mike_b_284
09-23-2009, 12:38 AM
I've broke a couple fingers in a fight. Then I learned the proper way to punch someone.

BWillie
09-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Well to update you Tyshawn Taylor's facebook reads: "I got a dislocated finger ..from throwing a punch ..so don't let the news paper gas yall up aite ;;"

Ty Appleton (former KU player) : "ON MY SON I CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK OUT TO KANSAS... IT'S GOING DWN... LAME ASS FOOTball NIGGAS WHY YALL AINT TRY THAT SHIT WHEN I WAS THERE.... ON A MISSION REAL TALK....."

Either way. Briscoe better of not been involved or he just may get his ass kicked off the team.

Silock
09-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Ugh. SOFA KING LAME.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 01:29 AM
They aren't going to kick Briscoe off the team for getting in a fight like this. Don't be ridiculous.

BWillie
09-23-2009, 01:31 AM
They aren't going to kick Briscoe off the team for getting in a fight like this. Don't be ridiculous.

It's too bad the media got a hold of this. Little fights like this happen all the time. There were no weapons involved. From all reports it sounds like two groups happened to run into each other going to and from - argument ensured about a girl and tempers flared.

I really don't know why the basketball team would give a sh*t about the pub the football team gets. I would reckon that some of the football players get sick and tired about hearing about basketball all the time even with the success they've had the last few years and that KU is predominantly a basketball school.

Fritz88
09-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Regardless of the incident. Mangino has put his players on a good leash.

Fritz88
09-23-2009, 01:54 AM
I've broke a couple fingers in a fight. Then I learned the proper way to punch someone.

I can remember them, two punches to two different people, then learned how punch properly.

BWillie
09-23-2009, 02:01 AM
I can remember them, two punches to two different people, then learned how punch properly.

You can't be flimsy wristed. You have to step into it and extend out straight rather than just swinging. I've had a drunk f*cker attack me a few before. Just came out swinging like a dumbass. I just sat back and blocked for a sec and all it really took was one straight jab to the nose and he was done for. When you have no boxing gloves on, the jab really does some damage. Come on Ty, can't believe you didn't know that.

KCChiefsMan
09-23-2009, 02:31 AM
that's crazy. The Burge Union is right next to the training facilities, maybe their testosterone was up after an intense workout?? I wonder what happened to cause a fight between them.

KCChiefsMan
09-23-2009, 02:35 AM
damnit damnit

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/sep/22/ku-guard-tyshawn-taylor-treated-hospital-after-inc/

A source close to the situation said Taylor suffered a dislocated left thumb and would be out of action three to four weeks. The basketball season begins with the Oct. 16 Late Night in the Phog.

Silock
09-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Meh, that's about 3 weeks anyway. He can just pull a Kobe and tape it :)

Saulbadguy
09-23-2009, 06:58 AM
If I was any of those football players involved in the incident i'd be on the next bus home.

kepp
09-23-2009, 07:14 AM
wtf hawks...

shape up.

On a side note...it cracks me up how more and more ku fans are calling them the 'hawks' instead of the 'jayhawks'. Even you guys know it sounds ghey. NTTAWWT

|Zach|
09-23-2009, 08:56 AM
that's crazy. The Burge Union is right next to the training facilities, maybe their testosterone was up after an intense workout?? I wonder what happened to cause a fight between them.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2000_The_Ladies_Man/karyn_parsons_tim_meadows_will_ferrell_the_ladies_man_001.jpg

FishingRod
09-23-2009, 08:58 AM
There was a time when if something like this happened it wouldn't make the news at all, just college kids being stupid. Back then the coaches would just make them run until the puked and that would be that. If that is what happens I'm ok with it.

Spicy McHaggis
09-23-2009, 09:01 AM

That thumb needs to heal if he's going to be able to lift the NC trophy.

Brock
09-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Taylor, who was treated at a hospital for his injury Tuesday night, posted on his Facebook page about 12:10 this morning that he threw a punch.

“I got a dislocated finger ..from throwing a punch ..so don’t let the news paper gas yall up aite,” Taylor wrote.

Minutes earlier, around midnight, he wrote: “real (racial slur)s do real things .. point plankn.”

His earlier posts indicate there may have been escalating tension.

“keep my name out ya’ mouth for you get smacked in it,” he wrote at 11:12 a.m. Tuesday, and 30 minutes later he posted, “never get outta character .. I’m always a G about it.”

About 4 p.m., Taylor posted, “(racial slur)s be muggin me ..you know I’m mugging back.”

Good christ, what a moron.

dirk digler
09-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Good christ, what a moron.

Well he is from KU :Poke:

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Apparently there have been more problems between the two teams this morning.

CoMoChief
09-23-2009, 09:25 AM

Wrong. :rolleyes:

CoMoChief
09-23-2009, 09:27 AM
He needs Cole to come over and stomp some ass.

kepp
09-23-2009, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't be posting on facebook if I got whacked by these guys.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sZLmcf2vECQ/SnNuBVolxFI/AAAAAAAADsI/lc_vmUBjsIo/s400/linebackers.jpg

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Several students on the Kansas University campus said there was another altercation between KU men's basketball and football players Wednesday morning shortly before 10 a.m.

KU Public Safety Officers were dispatched to the area around Budig and Wescoe Hall after a report of about a dozen individuals, all wearing athletic gear, in the midst of a confrontation.

This incident comes fewer than 18 hours after an altercation that sent KU basketball player Tyshawn Taylor to the hospital with a dislocated thumb.

Witnesses said the incident may have been caused after a player was shoved down a set of stairs. KU Public Safety Office Capt. Schuyler Bailey has not returned repeated requests for comments. KU University Relations was not able to confirm whether any crime had taken place.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/sep/23/witnesses-report-second-altercation-between-basket/

What I've heard is that Sherron and the Morrises pushed a football player down the stairs, and then the football players came to defend him.

kepp
09-23-2009, 09:45 AM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/sep/23/witnesses-report-second-altercation-between-basket/

What I've heard is that Sherron and the Morrises pushed a football player down the stairs, and then the football players came to defend him.

Come on Sherron! Where do you think you are...an elevator?!

ArrowheadHawk
09-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Stupid ass kids. Get your shit together.

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 09:58 AM
God I am so sick of the whole "oh you KU fans thinking you and your school are so perfect!" schtick...its getting old. The majority of the KU fans on this thread have all pretty much said this is stupid and are NOT making excuses for what went down. Guys, when you bitch about "whiney KU fans", do you not realize how whiney you sound with a pinch of jealousy mixed in?

kepp
09-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Guys, when you bitch about "whiney KU fans", do you not realize how whiney you sound with a pinch of jealousy mixed in?

How could I have been so blind? Thank you for opening my eyes.

HC_Chief
09-23-2009, 10:00 AM
God I am so sick of the whole "oh you KU fans thinking you and your school are so perfect!" schtick...its getting old. The majority of the KU fans on this thread have all pretty much said this is stupid and are NOT making excuses for what went down. Guys, when you bitch about "whiney KU fans", do you not realize how whiney you sound with a pinch of jealousy mixed in?

They're called murons for a reason.

CoMoChief
09-23-2009, 10:02 AM

Was that in response to what happened with Taylor the night before?

sedated
09-23-2009, 10:03 AM
pretty fukn stupid. puts a damper on one of the best (basketball) off-seasons in a long while.

txhawk
09-23-2009, 10:03 AM
On a side note...it cracks me up how more and more ku fans are calling them the 'hawks' instead of the 'jayhawks'. Even you guys know it sounds ghey. NTTAWWT

We'd call them the 2008 National Champs but that takes too long to type. Maybe you can call the tiggers something along the lines of....well i guess just mizzou. Even you know your squad has never won anything of significance. NTTAWWT.

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 10:06 AM
We'd call them the 2008 National Champs but that takes too long to type. Maybe you can call the tiggers something along the lines of....well i guess just mizzou. Even you know your squad has never won anything of significance. NTTAWWT.

"Oh stop whining, you think your poop doesn't stink you f'n gheyhawk homer/bandwagoner. You shut up!!!"/all non-KU fans

kepp
09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
"Oh stop whining, you think your poop doesn't stink you f'n gheyhawk homer/bandwagoner. You shut up!!!"/all non-KU fans

Bah...don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm sure there'll be some unarrests before long. Nothing to worry about.

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Odds on how many players end up "unarrested?"

http://www.kansan.com/news/2009/sep/23/police_escort_basketball_and_football_players_insi/?news

A group of football and basketball players were seen arguing and shouting racial slurs at each other at about 10 a.m. this morning outside Wescoe.

Among them were seen the Morris twins, Mario Little, Sherron Collins, Tyshawn Taylor, Brady Morningstar, Travis Releford, Tyrel Reed, Thomas Robinson, Elijah Johnson and many other players. The only football players identified in the group were Dezmon Briscoe and Chris Harris, who the police were questioning.

One of the Morris twins told the police, "One of them just jumped out and threw his hands on me," referring to the football players who were involved in the fight.

Shannon Jobe, Topeka sophomore, said she heard a football player tell the police one of the basketball players had tried to push a football player down the stairs.

Harrison Hems, San Diego senior, saw basketball and football players gathered in groups between Anschutz and the lower entrance to the Underground. Hems said several basketball players were yelling at the group of football players. Hems said the group of football players continued to grow to 15 or more.

Erryn Kindle, Eudora junior, said basketball players were trying to calm Collins down.

"Mario Little told me football players had beef with Sherron," Kindle said. "He said they were talking trash."

Joe Dooley, assistant coach of the basketball team, arrived while the police officers questioned the basketball players.

The coaches requested a meeting with the players for an undisclosed reason.

Police officers escorted some of the players inside Wescoe shortly after the incident. The players were seen congregating outside the building near the entrance to The Underground. No police officers or players were available for questioning.

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Bah...don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm sure there'll be some unarrests before long. Nothing to worry about.

....and then all the Missouri/Kansas State/UMKC etc. "fans" will create no less than 17 threads here accusing Bill Self or Lew Perkins going down on the Director of Public Safety at KU and getting someone out of an arrest.....

Its sooo old.

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2009, 10:13 AM
God I am so sick of the whole "oh you KU fans thinking you and your school are so perfect!" schtick...its getting old. The majority of the KU fans on this thread have all pretty much said this is stupid and are NOT making excuses for what went down. Guys, when you bitch about "whiney KU fans", do you not realize how whiney you sound with a pinch of jealousy mixed in?How many people have said that?

kepp
09-23-2009, 10:17 AM
....and then all the Missouri/Kansas State/UMKC etc. "fans" will create no less than 17 threads here accusing Bill Self or Lew Perkins going down on the Director of Public Safety at KU and getting someone out of an arrest.....

Its sooo old.

Again, thank you for opening my eyes. I certainly wouldn't want to frustrate a ku fan.

Frazod
09-23-2009, 10:18 AM

Its sooo old.

I thought he only went down on the Orange Bowl guys. :D

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Was that in response to what happened with Taylor the night before?

I didn't see it...but my guess would be obviously, yeah.

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 10:20 AM
How many people have said that?

I have no clue and I'm not going to go back through this place and take a headcount....I am making a general statement of not just here but what I see in my everyday life. I get the whole school hatred thing thing but man sometimes it gets old, very old. Guys its KUs time to shine, 5 years from now it may be KSU, who knows, but we should be proud of the Big 12 and the recognition KUs bringing right now.

My apologies Pitt if I misspoke.

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 10:21 AM
I thought he only went down on the Orange Bowl guys. :D

Lew must be better than Frank Beamer huh?

BWillie
09-23-2009, 10:21 AM

http://www.kansan.com/news/2009/sep/23/police_escort_basketball_and_football_players_insi/?news

A group of football and basketball players were seen arguing and shouting racial slurs at each other at about 10 a.m. this morning outside Wescoe.

Among them were seen the Morris twins, Mario Little, Sherron Collins, Tyshawn Taylor, Brady Morningstar, Travis Releford, Tyrel Reed, Thomas Robinson, Elijah Johnson and many other players. The only football players identified in the group were Dezmon Briscoe and Chris Harris, who the police were questioning.

One of the Morris twins told the police, "One of them just jumped out and threw his hands on me," referring to the football players who were involved in the fight.

Shannon Jobe, Topeka sophomore, said she heard a football player tell the police one of the basketball players had tried to push a football player down the stairs.

Harrison Hems, San Diego senior, saw basketball and football players gathered in groups between Anschutz and the lower entrance to the Underground. Hems said several basketball players were yelling at the group of football players. Hems said the group of football players continued to grow to 15 or more.

Erryn Kindle, Eudora junior, said basketball players were trying to calm Collins down.

"Mario Little told me football players had beef with Sherron," Kindle said. "He said they were talking trash."

Joe Dooley, assistant coach of the basketball team, arrived while the police officers questioned the basketball players.

The coaches requested a meeting with the players for an undisclosed reason.

Police officers escorted some of the players inside Wescoe shortly after the incident. The players were seen congregating outside the building near the entrance to The Underground. No police officers or players were available for questioning.

It's probably not up to the police if they want to press charges...

"Police were unable to ascertain who was the victim or the perpetrators in either of the fights from Tuesday night and as of now no crime is being investigated. KU Public Safety Office Capt. Schuyler Bailey said there would be no crime unless someone came forward claiming to be a victim."

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Nobody is going to get arrested and nobody is going to get kicked out of either program. But this shit will have to stop at some point, or we are running the risk of both of those things happening.

doomy3
09-23-2009, 10:25 AM
What the fuck is going on here? Get this shit under control.

ArrowheadHawk
09-23-2009, 10:29 AM
What the **** is going on here? Get this shit under control.They need to get both teams together and work this shit out.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 10:30 AM
They need to get both teams together and work this shit out.
I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to bring these teams together at this point. These guys have a lot of pride, and another one of these scuffles could break out in front of coaches. The best thing would be to keep them apart, and tell them to stay away from each other for the rest of the year (or risk penalty).

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 10:30 AM
What the **** is going on here? Get this shit under control.

Suspend those that need suspended...make those run that need to run..make those that need to apologize, apologize.

ArrowheadHawk
09-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to bring these teams together at this point. These guys have a lot of pride, and another one of these scuffles could break out in front of coaches. The best thing would be to keep them apart, and tell them to stay away from each other for the rest of the year (or risk penalty).
Isn't that kind of hard considering they all live on the same campus and use some of the same facilities.

Brock
09-23-2009, 10:33 AM

Has nothing to do with pride. Somebody needs to tell these guys to grow up and act like adults. Quit acting like stupid dicks and represent their school the way they should.

Fritz88
09-23-2009, 10:36 AM

Damn, why was he involved. Idiot deserves to be benched the next two games at least!!! and it's going to be a big loss to the team.

BWillie
09-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't know how you suspend these guys. Suspend the whole team? There was like 100 of them in the ruckus this morning. I mean shit, even Tyrel Reed was there. There are videos and pictures rolling in from iphones. The only good thing I can see of this situation is that both teams are REALLY sticking together by all reports. I was never this close to guys on my team in high school, let alone in college.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Isn't that kind of hard considering they all live on the same campus and use some of the same facilities.
True...but it might be even harder to bring them together. These guys haven't liked each other for some time now.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Has nothing to do with pride. Somebody needs to tell these guys to grow up and act like adults. Quit acting like stupid dicks and represent their school the way they should.
It has everything to do with pride. Stupid pride, but pride nonetheless.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Damn, why was he involved. Idiot deserves to be benched the next two games at least!!! and it's going to be a big loss to the team.
He was supposedly the one who was a big part of the fight last night, too.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't know how you suspend these guys. Suspend the whole team? There was like 100 of them in the ruckus this morning. I mean shit, even Tyrel Reed was there. There are videos and pictures rolling in from iphones. The only good thing I can see of this situation is that both teams are REALLY sticking together by all reports. I was never this close to guys on my team in high school, let alone in college.
Agreed. I would think that it's nearly impossible to suspend them all without evidence of what they all did, too.

Brock
09-23-2009, 10:40 AM
It has everything to do with pride. Stupid pride, but pride nonetheless.

If it is "stupid pride", somebody needs to explain to them just how worthless that is.

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 10:41 AM

You find the source. Someones pissed at someone for looking at his woman or something...Taylor gets punished for throwing a punch, plain and simple.

Set an example. If these large groups are butting heads on campus, this is riot material and will endanger student safety.

BWillie
09-23-2009, 10:50 AM
You find the source. Someones pissed at someone for looking at his woman or something...Taylor gets punished for throwing a punch, plain and simple.

Set an example. If these large groups are butting heads on campus, this is riot material and will endanger student safety.

Definitely there are going to be some suspensions, but what I'm saying is the majority of the players from each team appear to be involved. Almost all of them will get off w/out some discipline I would think.

I think it's going to be easier for bystanders to identify the basketball players than the football players though. Some of the KU football players I couldn't even tell you who they are if I saw them out and about. I could tell you who every single one of the KU bball players are though.

ArrowheadHawk
09-23-2009, 10:51 AM
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2009

Lew Perkins issues statement on Tuesday incident
By J-W Staff Reports
Advertisement

Kansas University athletic director Lew Perkins commented on the incident between members of the KU football and basketball teams Tuesday night in a statement released Wednesday morning.

“We are aware of an incident that occurred last evening that involved members of the football and men’s basketball teams. I am disappointed that some of our student-athletes put themselves in this position, and it’s something that I am taking very seriously.

“I continue to gather facts about this incident, and I plan to address this issue personally with both teams. I also know that Bill Self and Mark Mangino are working together to address it, and I am confident that they will handle the situation appropriately with their teams.

“We will handle any discipline regarding this incident internally, and we will have no further comment about it.”

Also on Wednesday morning, KU basketball coach Bill Self confirmed a previous Journal-World report that Taylor would miss three to four weeks to ESPN's Dana O'Neil.

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Definitely there are going to be some suspensions, but what I'm saying is the majority of the players from each team appear to be involved. Almost all of them will get off w/out some discipline I would think.

I think it's going to be easier for bystanders to identify the basketball players than the football players though. Some of the KU football players I couldn't even tell you who they are if I saw them out and about. I could tell you who every single one of the KU bball players are though.

Thats a good point on identifying the basketball players. My guess is there may be security cameras locatesd throughout the campus that DPS may have access to....sit Self and Mangino down and start taking notes.

kepp
09-23-2009, 11:09 AM
I heard the football team would have won the fight if they would have had more time...like another 15 minutes.

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 11:11 AM
I heard the football team would have won the fight if they would have had more time...like another 15 minutes.

Sorry....huh?

ArrowheadHawk
09-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Is this some kinda joke?

Brock
09-23-2009, 11:15 AM

HA HA CURRENT AND TOPICAL

BWillie
09-23-2009, 11:18 AM

I know this is a subtle jab at KU fans from the MU and KU game a couple years ago, but in all seriousness 95% of the football players would beat the living piss out of the basketball players. Just bigger, faster, stronger.

kepp
09-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Supposedly some video of some bball players after being questioned - http://features.kansan.com/videos/2009/sep/23/basketball-players-being-questioned-police/

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 11:23 AM
I know this is a subtle jab at KU fans from the MU and KU game a couple years ago, but in all seriousness 95% of the football players would beat the living piss out of the basketball players. Just bigger, faster, stronger.

I still wouldn't want to mess with the Morris bros.

kepp
09-23-2009, 11:26 AM

Speaking of that...what was Tyrell Reed thinking?

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the link kepp.

Nice...maybe that was the KU DPS paddywagon hauling them downtown for prints....lol

BWillie
09-23-2009, 11:28 AM

What do you mean? What were they all thinking. Tyrel Reed is one of the strongest guys on the team believe it or not. Can jump and is fast in a straight line. Just lacks lateral quickness.

KC_Connection
Defending his teammates.

Sure-Oz
wtf sherron, stop acting like an idiot....pushing guys down stairs etc...this is ridiculous hopefully these idiots get the appropriate punishment

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 11:30 AM
I would pay to see a Toben Opurum vs. one of the Morissessessess fight.

CoMoChief
09-23-2009, 11:30 AM
The football team needs to be reminded who's top dog at that school.

Plain and simple. The Football team should be thanking the bball players the amount of money that team brings into the school.

BWillie
09-23-2009, 11:31 AM
I would pay to see a Toben Opurum vs. one of the Morissessessess fight.

That would not be pretty. Toben would dominate.

Sure-Oz
09-23-2009, 11:32 AM
The football team needs to be reminded who's top dog at that school.

Plain and simple. The Football team should be thanking the bball players the amount of money that team brings into the school.

ROFL i think they are both acting like bitches

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I dub this thread, "Lucky Charms"; it's magically delicious.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 11:47 AM
According to KU police reports, the fight occurred Tuesday night in front of the Burge Union. It involved as many as 100 people. According to a police report, one witness told officers: "It appeared members of the KU football and basketball team had been 'baiting' each other, and it had escalated into taunting and shouting and then fighting." The witness said the fight broke up when they heard approaching police sirens.

Police were unable to ascertain who were the victims and who were the perpetrators in Tuesday night's fight. So, as of now, no crime is being investigated. KU Public Safety Office Capt. Schuyler Bailey said no crime would be investigated, unless someone came forward claiming to be a victim

Yeah, nothing is going to amount from what happened last night it appears....at least not criminally. It will also be hard for the Athletic Department to figure it out if there were that many people there.

Saulbadguy
09-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Yeah, nothing is going to amount from what happened last night it appears....at least not criminally. It will also be hard for the Athletic Department to figure it out if there were that many people there.

Yep - nothing to see here, folks.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Yep - nothing to see here, folks.
This kind of thing seems to happen every year and it always gets swept under the rug. Rightfully so...we're trying to win a NC here.

Sure-Oz
09-23-2009, 11:51 AM
This kind of thing seems to happen every year and it always gets swept under the rug. Rightfully so...we're trying to win a NC here.

to the ship!

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 11:53 AM

If that was a serious comment you need to engage the brain before you type dude.

kepp
09-23-2009, 11:56 AM
If that was a serious comment you need to engage the brain before you type dude.

You joined pretty recently, so I'm assuming you haven't learned that 99% of what is said here is sarcastic ;)

edit: maybe even 99.9%

Lzen
09-23-2009, 12:01 PM

Ummmm......you're a retard. Briscoe almost did not play this year. He did get his shit together, though. But he was still suspended for the first game.

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 12:02 PM
You joined pretty recently, so I'm assuming you haven't learned that 99% of what is said here is sarcastic ;)

edit: maybe even 99.9%

Eh I've lurked and you could say that I'm somewhat of a "mult" but seeing that he was a KU fan it scared the begeezuz out of me....

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Ummmm......you're a retard. Briscoe almost did not play this year. He did get his shit together, though. But he was still suspended for the first game.ROFL at "almost."

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 12:06 PM

It wasn't sarcasm. I care far more about winning than punishing players for getting in little skirmishes. You do what you have to do to win in NCAA sports.

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2009, 12:08 PM
It appears that one of the Morris twins did the stairs-pushing:

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2009, 12:09 PM
It wasn't sarcasm. I care far more about winning than punishing players for getting in little skirmishes. You do what you have to do to win in NCAA sports.You're starting to sound like a K-State fan justifying payments to players.

Sure-Oz
09-23-2009, 12:14 PM

I say kick them off, they suck anyway

Sure-Oz
09-23-2009, 12:15 PM
It wasn't sarcasm. I care far more about winning than punishing players for getting in little skirmishes. You do what you have to do to win in NCAA sports.

Make sure the football team doesn't share the spotlight either, hoo-rah!

beer bacon
09-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Ummmm......you're a retard. Briscoe almost did not play this year. He did get his shit together, though. But he was still suspended for the first game.

Yes, he was sooooooooo close to being suspended for the entire year. No Briscoe for Northern Colorado was a big sacrifice by Mangino.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 12:23 PM

So my source was correct. I didn't see it myself, I saw the end of the skirmish.

Stanley Nickels
09-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Lzen, to insinuate that Briscoe almost didn't play this year is beyond retarded. What do you think a coach is going to say when a player receives his 8th or so warning? "We're still okay with this"? Of course he's going to talk about "last chances", "internal disciplinary actions", and the like. The fact is, were Dezmon Briscoe any other player, save possibly Reesing, he'd be a goner LONG ago.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 12:24 PM
You're starting to sound like a K-State fan justifying payments to players.

I'm under no illusions about what the NCAA is and how you build a successful program in it. Are you?

BWillie
09-23-2009, 12:29 PM

I disagree. I think you make some of these comments just to rile people up. I want a good image of the KU, and if it costs us a Big 12 title or a seed then so be it. If Collins, Tyshawn and other KU players are found to of been grossly irresponsible then they should be punished and if we lose with Buford, Jordan Juneman and some other walk ons then that is fine w/ me. Some things are above winning. It's up to Self to teach these guys some life lessons.

Frazod
09-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I disagree. I think you make some of these comments just to rile people up. I want a good image of the KU, and if it costs us a Big 12 title or a seed then so be it. If Collins, Tyshawn and other KU players are found to of been grossly irresponsible then they should be punished and if we lose with Buford, Jordan Juneman and some other walk ons then that is fine w/ me. Some things are above winning. It's up to Self to teach these guys some life lessons.

Sorry to hijack, but why the hell do you have an Iowa logo in your avatar? Did you lose a bet or something?

Brock
09-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm under no illusions about what the NCAA is and how you build a successful program in it. Are you?

Mizzou never cheats.

Lzen
09-23-2009, 12:38 PM
ROFL at "almost."

If he would not have gotten his shit together, he would have been gone.

BTW, where do you suppose Joques Crawford is right now? Not with the team, that's for sure.

I know it is in your nature to speculate that KU is doing things without discipline, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Mangino will discipline guys if he feels that they truly need it. He will help them straighten up if he feels that they are wanting to straighten up and fly right. John Randle is another guy that comes to mind. So please, stop making ignorant comments. Unless you have some proof of something (and no, rumors don't count), STFU.

Lzen
09-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes, he was sooooooooo close to being suspended for the entire year. No Briscoe for Northern Colorado was a big sacrifice by Mangino.

Speculate all you want, but you are just as ignorant to the situation as any other MU fan that is making such comments.

Frazod
09-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Speculate all you want, but you are just as ignorant to the situation as any other MU fan that is making such comments.

And I suppose you were hiding in Mangino's coat closet listening to everything he said, right?

Buehler445
09-23-2009, 12:43 PM
NOT awesome. WTF?
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
09-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Lzen, to insinuate that Briscoe almost didn't play this year is beyond retarded. What do you think a coach is going to say when a player receives his 8th or so warning? "We're still okay with this"? Of course he's going to talk about "last chances", "internal disciplinary actions", and the like. The fact is, were Dezmon Briscoe any other player, save possibly Reesing, he'd be a goner LONG ago.

Do you have proof of anything? We don't know exactly what lead up to that. Mangino believes in keeping these situations private within the program. Nobody knows exactly what was going on. It is only speculation. I can't say for certain if Mangino would have gone through with it, but I know he was not practicing with the team in the spring. He had to earn his way back on the team. Those are facts.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 12:45 PM
To me a good image of KU is a winning KU. Everything else is an irrelevant sideshow.

I mean...did anybody care about KG's ridiculous antics when the Celtics won the championship in the NBA a few years ago? No...because winning makes people forget.

If you want to win at this level, you have to recruit talented players. And sometimes those talented players have issues like this. It's a price of success.

So make a choice....do you want a winning program or not?

Lzen
09-23-2009, 12:45 PM
And I suppose you were hiding in Mangino's coat closet listening to everything he said, right?

The only thing I am going off is what the coach himself has said about the situation. Anything else is pure speculation. Hey, I can make shit up about MU players all day if I want. Doesn't make any of it true.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Seems to me that the Morris twins are a couple of punks and Sherron Collins is kinda a jerk.

Pitt Gorilla
09-23-2009, 12:49 PM
To me a good image of KU is a winning KU. Everything else is an irrelevant sideshow.Are academics a sideshow?

Frazod
09-23-2009, 12:49 PM
The only thing I am going off is what the coach himself has said about the situation. Anything else is pure speculation. Hey, I can make shit up about MU players all day if I want. Doesn't make any of it true.

Right. Because everything these guys say to the media is always 100% true.

He's speculating the same as you're speculating. None of us know what these people do when the doors are closed and the cameras aren't on.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Seems to me that the Morris twins are a couple of punks and Sherron Collins is kinda a jerk.
And Cole Aldrich seems like a pretty nice guy.

So what?

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Are academics a sideshow?
To most successful athletic departments in the NCAA, yeah.

Lzen
09-23-2009, 12:51 PM

Probably true. But guys on the football team (Briscoe) appear to be jackasses, too.

Seriously, though, can any of us say that we never got into a fight with someone over a girl when we were young, dumb, and full of.....?

Frazod
09-23-2009, 12:52 PM
To most successful athletic departments in the NCAA, yeah.

I doubt if most of the Oklahoma players can even read.

Brock
09-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Are academics a sideshow?

Uh, aren't they?

Lzen
09-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Right. Because everything these guys say to the media is always 100% true.

He's speculating the same as you're speculating. None of us know what these people do when the doors are closed and the cameras aren't on.

I prefer to deal with facts. I presented you guys with 2 different scenarios where players were kicked off the team. Mangino has done it in the past.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Probably true. But guys on the football team (Briscoe) appear to be jackasses, too.

Seriously, though, can any of us say that we never got into a fight with someone over a girl when we were young, dumb, and full of.....?
True, but there have been other things with Collins and the Twins.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2009, 12:55 PM
What is the deal with Briscoe anyway?

Lzen
09-23-2009, 12:57 PM
True, but there have been other things with Collins and the Twins.

Yes, the whole air rifle thing proves the twins were assholes. I agree.

But I don't lump Collins into the same category. I think the deal in the elevator was BS. And if memory serves, that shit was dropped.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 12:57 PM
I doubt if most of the Oklahoma players can even read.
Have you seen interviews with some of the top high school recruits in this country? Pretty humorous stuff.

Lzen
09-23-2009, 12:59 PM
What is the deal with Briscoe anyway?

If you followed the football team in the offseason, you would realize that he was suspended from the team for awhile. Many KU fans were worried that he would not play this season. Despite what MUrons will try to make you believe, the fact of the matter is that Mangino kicked him from the team until he got his shit together. But coach never would give details.

I tried pulling up past articles on it just now from LJworld website, but had no luck. I will try again later. Right now, I'm kinda busy at work.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Yes, the whole air rifle thing proves the twins were assholes. I agree.

But I don't lump Collins into the same category. I think the deal in the elevator was BS. And if memory serves, that shit was dropped.

I'm pretty sure Collins walks around with a chip on his shoulder. That self-confidence is something that helps him on the court, though. So, as I said, incidents like these are a price of success.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 01:00 PM
If you followed the football team in the offseason, you would realize that he was suspended from the team for awhile. Many KU fans were worried that he would not play this season. Despite what MUrons will try to make you believe, the fact of the matter is that Mangino kicked him from the team until he got his shit together. But coach never would give details.

I tried pulling up past articles on it just now from LJworld website, but had no luck. I will try again later. Right now, I'm kinda busy at work.

Just as I'm not worried about any long suspensions here, I wasn't worried then. Mangino wasn't going to suspend his best player for long due to academic reasons.

Great Expectations
09-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I doubt if most of the Oklahoma State players can even read, look at Dexter Manley.

FYP

Frazod
09-23-2009, 01:05 PM
I prefer to deal with facts. I presented you guys with 2 different scenarios where players were kicked off the team. Mangino has done it in the past.

Well, do let me know when he kicks his star WR off the team for his umpteenth disciplinary infraction.

I won't hold my breath, though.

Lzen
09-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, do let me know when he kicks his star WR off the team for his umpteenth disciplinary infraction.

I won't hold my breath, though.

How many disciplinary infractions is up to now? I didn't realize that information was made public.

Look, I know its easy for you to poke because you hate KU, but that is weak shit. It's like that BS with the Duke LaCrosse team a couple years ago. Everyone speculated and made assumptions based on pretty much nothing. How did that turn out?

Point is, things are not always as they may appear or as we want to believe. I'm not suggesting that KU players or coaches are angels. But I get tired of all the blind speculation. It's stupid.

Frazod
09-23-2009, 01:18 PM
How many disciplinary infractions is up to now? I didn't realize that information was made public.

Look, I know its easy for you to poke because you hate KU, but that is weak shit. It's like that BS with the Duke LaCrosse team a couple years ago. Everyone speculated and made assumptions based on pretty much nothing. How did that turn out?

Point is, things are not always as they may appear or as we want to believe. I'm not suggesting that KU players or coaches are angels. But I get tired of all the blind speculation. It's stupid.

I'm not poking anything at KU; haven't said a negative thing about them during this entire thread. I'm just saying that your speculation is just as full of shit as anybody else's. But if you think star players are held to the same scruntiny as back-ups, or regular students, you're out of your mind.

Mr. Laz
09-23-2009, 01:19 PM
If you followed the football team in the offseason, you would realize that he was suspended from the team for awhile..
almost sounds like a lecture ........ :hmmm:

btw I did follow and i do know about Briscoe getting the boot.

my question was whether anyone knew WHY

BWillie
09-23-2009, 01:20 PM

I can honestly say I've never gotten into a fight about a girl. Unless it was a friend of mine trying to mess w/ one of my girls - I could care less - if the girl chooses to blow other dudes - I fail to see how it is the other dude's fault.

Saulbadguy
09-23-2009, 01:32 PM
If he would not have gotten his shit together, he would have been gone.

BTW, where do you suppose Joques Crawford is right now? Not with the team, that's for sure.

I know it is in your nature to speculate that KU is doing things without discipline, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Mangino will discipline guys if he feels that they truly need it. He will help them straighten up if he feels that they are wanting to straighten up and fly right. John Randle is another guy that comes to mind. So please, stop making ignorant comments. Unless you have some proof of something (and no, rumors don't count), STFU.
Mangino is on par with Bill Snyder in how he handles these things, i'm guessing the instigators on the football team will receive some sort of punishment.

But from the article, it seems a few of the b-ball players started this. Self, is no disciplinarian...not in the least.

KCChiefsMan
09-23-2009, 01:41 PM
JFC, he really had to go on facebook and start sounding like a f*king moron?

"I got a dislocated finger ... from throwing a punch, so don't let the newspaper gas ya all up, aite," he posted after midnight, according to The Kansas City Star.

Taylor's earlier posts indicated there may have been some tension among the athletes on campus. On Tuesday morning he wrote, "keep my name out ya mouth for you get smacked in it." A half-hour later, a posting read, "never get outta character ... I'm always a G about it."

Later that afternoon, Taylor posted, "n-----s be muggin me ... you know I'm mugging back." The altercation occurred about two-and-a-half hours later, the Journal-World reported.

Saulbadguy
09-23-2009, 01:47 PM

"I got a dislocated finger ... from throwing a punch, so don't let the newspaper gas ya all up, aite," he posted after midnight, according to The Kansas City Star.

Taylor's earlier posts indicated there may have been some tension among the athletes on campus. On Tuesday morning he wrote, "keep my name out ya mouth for you get smacked in it." A half-hour later, a posting read, "never get outta character ... I'm always a G about it."

Later that afternoon, Taylor posted, "n-----s be muggin me ... you know I'm mugging back." The altercation occurred about two-and-a-half hours later, the Journal-World reported.
To be fair, he probably doesn't need facebook to sound like a fucking moron.

Frazod
09-23-2009, 01:55 PM
To be fair, he probably doesn't need facebook to sound like a fucking moron.

It would be really funny if he was majoring in English. LMAO

Tactical Funky
09-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Tyshawn posted Lil' Wayne lyrics. Still retarded of him, though...

Lzen
09-23-2009, 02:00 PM
almost sounds like a lecture ........ :hmmm:

btw I did follow and i do know about Briscoe getting the boot.

my question was whether anyone knew WHY

Not that I am aware. You probably know that Mangino is very secretive when it comes to disciplinary issues. I don't think we will ever know.

Lzen
09-23-2009, 02:02 PM
To be fair, he probably doesn't need facebook to sound like a ****ing moron.

You could say that about a lot of college athletes.
I saw somebody mention something about song lyrics. Is that what Taylor is trying to do here? If so, he needs to throw out his music collection. :shake:

Lzen
09-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Tyshawn posted Lil' Wayne lyrics. Still retarded of him, though...

Ah, there it is. Thanks.

Lzen
09-23-2009, 02:10 PM
One thing that does concern me about this incident is that it could be a distraction for the preparation for So. Miss this Saturday. That So. Miss program has been good for years. This will be KU's toughest opponent so far this year. I really hope this incident doesn't have an affect on this game.

T-post Tom
09-23-2009, 02:13 PM
" 'N-word' being used more than the word 'the'."
~K. Keitzman (Rregarding the Facebook flaming going on between KU football & basketball players.)

BWillie
09-23-2009, 02:13 PM
So was Briscoe involved? Yes or no?

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Gawd Keitzman has got a huge boner today....more so than the day Snyder announced hes cumming back.

Blahblahblah.....KUs all about money and winning...blah blah blah....not every BCS team isn't that way...but I'm not saying what KUs doing is wrong...blahblahblah...Why does the hatred for KU run so rampant.....it literally cracks me up...I'm cracked.

T-post Tom
09-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Gawd Keitzman has got a huge boner today....more so than the day Snyder announced hes cumming back.

Blahblahblah.....KUs all about money and winning...blah blah blah....not every BCS team isn't that way...but I'm not saying what KUs doing is wrong...blahblahblah...Why does the hatred for KU run so rampant.....it literally cracks me up...I'm cracked.

Yeah, KK's on a rant. What's strange is that Jack Harry is defending KU! Harry even mentioned Ricky Clemons. What is this: "good cop, bad cop"?

Saulbadguy
09-23-2009, 02:27 PM
One thing that does concern me about this incident is that it could be a distraction for the preparation for So. Miss this Saturday. That So. Miss program has been good for years. This will be KU's toughest opponent so far this year. I really hope this incident doesn't have an affect on this game.

They are a solid C-USA program but KU should pound them.

smokeymcpot
09-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah, KK's on a rant. What's strange is that Jack Harry is defending KU! Harry even mentioned Ricky Clemons. What is this: "good cop, bad cop"?

Haha...yea you see a lil crimson and blue in ole Jack once in awhile...I think its that whole "hate KSU" mutual thing going on....

Lzen
09-23-2009, 02:36 PM
They are a solid C-USA program but KU should pound them.
I agree. I figure KU about 35-42 and USM 17-20. Knock on wood.

beer bacon
09-23-2009, 02:59 PM

Really, Briscoe got his stuff together? So he just happened to be in the area of at least two of these three altercations over the the last 24 hours?

sedated
09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Much ado about nothing. No one on either side will come forward and tell truth (to police), and no witnesses will come forward because they don’t want to be the guy that screwed up the season for either team. It will be forgotten by October.

beer bacon
09-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Much ado about nothing. No one on either side will come forward and tell truth (to police), and no witnesses will come forward because they don’t want to be the guy that screwed up the season for either team. It will be forgotten by October.

Maybe somebody will be stupid enough to post about it on Facebook.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 03:22 PM
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii135/donnamarie_2008/sexy_maid-1.jpg

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 03:40 PM

Reesing and Meier aren't going to let the team lose to So. Miss.

KC_Connection
09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I agree. I figure KU about 35-42 and USM 17-20. Knock on wood.

Spread is 13.5.

kepp
09-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Maybe somebody will be stupid enough to post about it on Facebook.

ROFL

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 04:12 PM

Did he really post? Theres no way he passed a test to get into college the guy is a fucking idiot.

BWillie
09-23-2009, 04:12 PM
So who gets the ho? Was there ever an understanding of who is granted ownership of the broad?

BWillie
09-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Did he really post? Theres no way he passed a test to get into college the guy is a ****ing idiot.

I know ghetto rhetoric scares you because you are unfamiliar w/ it. People are overacting to Tyshawn's facebook quotes. Most of them are lyrics anyway. He was very dumb to post it, not because he's 19, but because he should know he's a high profile athlete at a high profile program and whatever he posts will come under intense scrutiny.

Skip Towne
09-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Not that I am aware. You probably know that Mangino is very secretive when it comes to disciplinary issues. I don't think we will ever know.

One thing I heard was that Briscoe was supposed to be in Lawrence this summer working on his grades and he went to Stillwater to work out with Dez Bryant instead.

teedubya
09-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Tyshawn Taylor is a fucking idiot. I would suspend his dumbass.

Bearcat
09-23-2009, 04:19 PM
I can honestly say I've never gotten into a fight about a girl. Unless it was a friend of mine trying to mess w/ one of my girls - I could care less - if the girl chooses to blow other dudes - I fail to see how it is the other dude's fault.

You couldn't care less.

Tactical Funky
09-23-2009, 04:21 PM
There is an amazingly funny and HUGE thread on the Phog.net Gridiron board right now. It hath broken the internets.

BWillie
09-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Top 10 reasons KU football players brawled w/ KU basketball players

10) Mangino’s non-con schedule is so weak the football squad saw Self’s squad as a nice tune up.

9) After kicking Duke’s ass, the football team set their sights on another BB power, Kansas.

8) Footballers dancing around w/ tortillas on their heads mocking Self’s rug.

7) Fight broke out in front of dining hall – Mangino had cleaned out the buffet and Sherron Collins was pissed because that’s his job.

6) Self refused to stop calling Mangino, “Spank.”

5) Carl Henry asked Mangino directions to the nearest Kentucky Fried Chicken…in Kentucky.

4) Carl Henry was boasting that Xavier and C.J. were better than Briscoe and Meier right now and should be starting against Southern Miss.

3) J.R. Giddens was back in town.

2) Both teams attempted to enter Taco Bell through the drive-thru window simultaneously.

1) TyShawn was trying to dribble Mangino.

salame
09-23-2009, 04:35 PM
some fat white chick

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 05:03 PM
I know ghetto rhetoric scares you because you are unfamiliar w/ it. People are overacting to Tyshawn's facebook quotes. Most of them are lyrics anyway. He was very dumb to post it, not because he's 19, but because he should know he's a high profile athlete at a high profile program and whatever he posts will come under intense scrutiny.

You belong in a slave field in Somalia. How are you going to talk like you know the streets with a Iowa Hawkeyes Avatar. I knew some butthurt fag would say some nonsense. The lyrics posted were lil wayne & birdman u dont know shit about that. Anyway if you got into a fight and the media was covering it you'd be stupid to post shit about it on Facebook and Tayshawn did.

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 05:04 PM
You couldn't care less.

He's never gotten into a fight over a girl cuz he likes guys.

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Top 10 reasons KU football players brawled w/ KU basketball players

10) Mangino’s non-con schedule is so weak the football squad saw Self’s squad as a nice tune up.

9) After kicking Duke’s ass, the football team set their sights on another BB power, Kansas.

8) Footballers dancing around w/ tortillas on their heads mocking Self’s rug.

7) Fight broke out in front of dining hall – Mangino had cleaned out the buffet and Sherron Collins was pissed because that’s his job.

6) Self refused to stop calling Mangino, “Spank.”

5) Carl Henry asked Mangino directions to the nearest Kentucky Fried Chicken…in Kentucky.

4) Carl Henry was boasting that Xavier and C.J. were better than Briscoe and Meier right now and should be starting against Southern Miss.

3) J.R. Giddens was back in town.

2) Both teams attempted to enter Taco Bell through the drive-thru window simultaneously.

1) TyShawn was trying to dribble Mangino.

404 Funny not Found

KcMizzou
09-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Point plankn, yo.

Silock
09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
He's never gotten into a fight over a girl cuz he likes guys.

404 Funny not Found

Good call.

KcMizzou
09-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Umm... so while reading up on the KU festivities, I run across this... :spock:

It's not a party unless KU quarterback Todd Reesing guzzles a bag of wine
By Justin Kendall in Sports
Friday, Jul. 31 2009 @ 4:27PM
Reesing1.jpg

reesing2.jpg
​Just saw these pics of Kansas quarterback Todd Reesing on Deadspin. Looks like someone knows how to party.

Don't think this came up during Big 12 media day. But hey, the Jayhawks are probably going to win the Big 12 North so you got that going for you, KU fans.

See the rest of the pics after the jump.

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/assets_c/2009/07/reesing2-thumb-150x200.jpg

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/assets_c/2009/07/Reesing1-thumb-150x200.jpg

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/assets_c/2009/07/reesing3-thumb-510x382.jpg

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/assets_c/2009/07/Reesing4-thumb-400x533.jpg

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/07/its_not_a_party_unless_ku_quar.php

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Umm... so while reading up on the KU festivities, I run across this... :spock:

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/assets_c/2009/07/reesing2-thumb-150x200.jpg

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/assets_c/2009/07/Reesing1-thumb-150x200.jpg

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/assets_c/2009/07/reesing3-thumb-510x382.jpg

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/assets_c/2009/07/Reesing4-thumb-400x533.jpg

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/07/its_not_a_party_unless_ku_quar.php

There's only one logical response, and this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k

|Zach|
09-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Ha, via the Twitter account of Kim English.

Man I love mizzou football lol..@BlaineGabbert @D_Alexander81 @SeanWSpoon12 even @dmatter (let's never fight)

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0327/ncb_a_english1_300.jpg

RodInCanton
09-23-2009, 05:21 PM
First off: late teen/early 20 kids will act tough and try to fight - especially when all of them are alpha males on a sports team

404 Funny not Found
second off: this is funny as shit!!!

Tactical Funky
09-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Todd is, well...Todd. As long as he continues to be a very good to great QB, I'm okay with him dressing like Daisy Duke. And chugging bags of wine. And...

Dammit. :doh!:

KcMizzou
09-23-2009, 05:24 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0327/ncb_a_english1_300.jpgLMAO :thumb:

KcMizzou
09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Todd is, well...Todd. As long as he continues to be a very good to great QB, I'm okay with him dressing like Daisy Duke. And chugging bags of wine. And...

Dammit. :doh!:LMAO

Mizzou_8541
09-23-2009, 05:30 PM
NO CHANCE anything comes of this. We all know the Star will barely even cover it.

|Zach|
09-23-2009, 05:31 PM
ROFL

"Someone needs to do some Facebook digging and find the Helen of Troy that’s causing this civil war." - Via RockMNation.com

Silock
09-23-2009, 05:33 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0327/ncb_a_english1_300.jpg

Okay, THAT'S funny lol

Silock
09-23-2009, 05:33 PM
ROFL

"Someone needs to do some Facebook digging and find the Helen of Troy that’s causing this civil war." - Via RockMNation.com

LMFAO

BWillie
09-23-2009, 05:44 PM
You belong in a slave field in Somalia. How are you going to talk like you know the streets with a Iowa Hawkeyes Avatar. I knew some butthurt pillowbiter would say some nonsense. The lyrics posted were lil wayne & birdman u dont know shit about that. Anyway if you got into a fight and the media was covering it you'd be stupid to post shit about it on Facebook and Tayshawn did.

I have no idea how to respond to such an ignorant post. Never did I say I grew up on the streets. And how does liking Iowa have anything to do with anything? You like Nebraska. A team who's mascot is one who husks corn. I'm not making that up.

Skip Towne
09-23-2009, 05:46 PM
I have no idea how to respond to such an ignorant post. Never did I say I grew up on the streets. And how does liking Iowa have anything to do with anything? You like Nebraska. A team who's mascot is one who husks corn. I'm not making that up.

And used to eat bugs

Titty Meat
09-23-2009, 05:47 PM

Blah blah

Spott
09-23-2009, 05:59 PM

The streets of Nebraska are tough. Didn't you know that all those cornfields in Nebraska are really one giant cornrow?

WilliamTheIrish
09-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm glad Denis Clemente wasn't there slapping bitches.

WilliamTheIrish
09-23-2009, 06:08 PM
You know, those Facebook quotes will look pretty good on Gameday.

Sure-Oz
09-23-2009, 06:19 PM
So whats the story on this going on for a year or something between the teams or whatever? i just heard a blip of that on the radio earlier and how the fight broke out 30 min after lew made a statement

kepp
09-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Any more "incidents"? They're on an eight hour svhedule, no?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Greasers Vs Soc's!
Allen Field House!
8:00pm!
Let's GET IT ON!!!!

Saulbadguy
09-23-2009, 06:42 PM
You know, those Facebook quotes will look pretty good on Gameday.

Man, I can't wait. The KU basketball team is usually pretty good about providing ammo like this during the offseason, it's always pretty funny to see the signs students make.

doomy3
09-23-2009, 07:02 PM

Wait. I thought you were a KU fan. You're an Iowa fan?

Sure-Oz
09-23-2009, 07:03 PM
He is a KU fan, maybe he went to school at iowa?

Braincase
09-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Man, I can't wait. The KU basketball team is usually pretty good about providing ammo like this during the offseason, it's always pretty funny to see the signs students make.

It's nice for the K-State fans to have something to look forward to... it sure is hell isn't the score at the end of the game.

BWillie
09-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Wait. I thought you were a KU fan. You're an Iowa fan?

Both. Was born in Lawrence. Lived there until I was about 10. My mom worked at Lawrence, then we moved to Iowa and I graduated from the University of Iowa and moved back closer to Mecca.

Skip Towne
09-23-2009, 07:43 PM
It's nice for the K-State fans to have something to look forward to... it sure is hell isn't the score at the end of the game.

So true

Lzen
09-23-2009, 07:57 PM

That one made me laugh. It was the only one, but it made me laugh.

Lzen
09-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression that Mangino does not think too highly of Kietzman?

http://www2.kusports.com/podcasts/press_conferences_postgame_interviews/2009/sep/23/ku-coach-mark-mangino-addresses-recent-incidents-r/

wildcat09
09-24-2009, 07:50 AM

Did you not attend last years game???

Lzen
09-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Did you not attend last years game???

ROFL

Short memory, eh?

Lzen
09-24-2009, 07:58 AM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/sep/24/ku-coach-self-disappointed-feud/KU coach Self disappointed with feud

By Gary Bedore (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/gary_bedore/)

http://media.lawrence.com/img/croppedphotos/2009/03/05/self_t650.jpg?eec9ecda5f66de59a37bbdb23c6f48523261b548 (http://www2.kusports.com/photos/2009/mar/04/165956/)
Photo by Richard Gwin (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/richard_gwin/)
Kansas Coach Bill Self watches the final minutes tick away as the Red Raiders downed Kansas 85-64 Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at United Spirit Arena in Lubbock, Texas.

Kansas University basketball coach Bill Self, who was out recruiting Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, hustled back to Lawrence early Wednesday night and promptly called a team meeting.
Topic of discussion was NOT the start of Boot Camp conditioning next week, but a pair of incidents pitting some of his basketball players against some of KU’s football players.

"It’s not to just discuss this situation, but to put preventive measures in place to not let this happen again,” Self told the Journal-World. He declined to reveal those measures.
He did, however, express displeasure with his squad for a pair of scraps with the football team. Tuesday night’s fight outside Burge Union resulted in sophomore Tyshawn Taylor dislocating his left thumb.
Taylor admitted on his Facebook page he threw a punch causing him to dislocate a finger. He also had some posts on the social networking site that would be considered crude.
“I’m disappointed in any of our guys that were involved regardless of fault,” Self said. “In Tyshawn’s case, I feel he was careless on Facebook, as he has been posting on Facebook different song lyrics almost daily which does not portray him in the light I feel he deserves to be portrayed.”
Taylor will wear a splint on his thumb for a week to 10 days, then should be able to resume ballhandling and shooting in two to three weeks, Self said.
“They think he’ll have full contact in the three-to-four week range,” Self said.
Self said he believed his players could and will co-exist with the football players.
“Of course I’m disappointed in our players with any involvement in this situation,” Self said. “We’ve always supported all the programs on campus. I feel some of our players’ better friends are football players. I’m not pointing fingers or fault. From my perspective, all parties are dead wrong. Being involved in a situation like this showed poor judgment with selfish motives. Allowing them to put personal feelings ahead of all else will not be tolerated by either program.
“Nobody was seriously injured. Obviously if a situation like this was escalated that might not be the case,” Self said.
As of Wednesday night, there were no arrests made or charges filed.
Self said he would “deal with the matter in house and hope we don’t have to have another discussion like this ever again.”
Asked if he’d suspend anybody, he said: “In a situation like this, there are a lot of versions to what transpired. I’d like to know the absolute truth. I’m not saying there won’t be (suspensions). At this point in time, I don’t have enough information to say that.”
KU’s basketball players were not made available for comment on Wednesday. KSHB-TV 41 managed to corral senior Mario Little in a parking lot outside Parrott Athletic Center.
“We embarrassed ourselves,” Little said of the hoops and football teams.

Lzen
09-24-2009, 08:03 AM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/sep/24/kansas-playing-dodgeball/ (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/sep/24/)
http://media.lawrence.com/img/staff/2009/keegan_r42x50.jpg?3913731fb126281141001f4d5e1a4892028de933 Keegan

Kansas playing dodgeball

By Tom Keegan (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/tom_keegan/)

As if athletic director Lew Perkins didn’t have enough things bumming him out Wednesday, he just had to know his archenemy, T-shirt creator Larry Sinks of Joe College, was busy at work cashing in on his misery.
Sure enough, Sinks, a marketing genius, already had come up with a blue and white T-shirt sure to be a big seller. On the front, in block lettering: “HAWK FOOTBALL & BASKETBALL.” On the back, in cursive: “Can’t We All Just Get Along?”
Funny, but not nearly the funniest thing printed Wednesday in Lawrence. That came hours later, when the athletic department issued a “statement,” from six student-athletes, the captains from the football and basketball teams. The “statement” did not explain just how these six young men came up with the exact same words to say simultaneously, so we’ll assume it was just a remarkable coincidence. It was four paragraphs and could be summed up in four words: Blah, blah, blah, blah.
A request for an interview of Tyshawn Taylor was not granted. The basketball players were shielded from interviews. Is Taylor sorry about throwing a punch that resulted in a dislocated thumb? Or is he proud? On his Facebook page he indicated it was no big deal, just something the newspaper was blowing out of proportion. Wednesday afternoon, as he passed a few media members, he glared at them, hardly looking contrite.
Nobody from the KU athletic department stepped in front of a TV camera to apologize for athletes embarrassing the entire university and by extension the entire state of Kansas. Something this serious called for either Perkins or the new chancellor, Bernadette Gray-Little, to serve as face of the university. Perkins’ statement said he was taking this “seriously.” The chancellor issued an impressive statement in a release, other than the part about calling the statement from the teams’ leaders “strong.” Lame would have been a better word, since one statement had six names on it. It would have been so much more powerful had Perkins or Gray-Little taken questions from the media in a live press conference. If that doesn’t happen soon, this story lingers. Here’s guessing the chancellor doesn’t want that.
Nobody stepped in front of a TV camera to share his or her revulsion over the words Taylor used on his Facebook page. All the student-athletes, by the way, are told every year to avoid putting anything on their Facebook pages they wouldn’t want to read or see on the Internet message boards and in newspapers. Some listen. Some don’t. Taylor didn’t fear discipline from his coaches when he wrote disgusting words, some apparently from garbage lyrics, on his page. Time for the basketball staff to crack down on the players’ use of social media, lest the public find out what some of them are really like.
The fact there was a fight between football and basketball players Tuesday night that was reported on and another broke out Wednesday shows the players responsible don’t appear afraid of consequences.
KU football coach Mark Mangino has shown time and time again he doesn’t care how much talent a player has when doling out suspensions (Aqib Talib, Dezmon Briscoe). Can the same be said of basketball coach Bill Self? Not if Taylor doesn’t get suspended.