PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy Reid chimes in on Coach as Coord.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Sorry if repost.

REID RELATES TO HALEY’S DECISION TO CALL PLAYS
September 23rd – 12:16 PM

As we’re all aware, Chiefs head coach Todd Haley took over the club’s offensive play calling duties shortly following the Chiefs third preseason game. The topic has been dissected by fans and media members across the Chiefs Kingdom seemingly non-stop.

Everyone knows that Haley is an established offensive play-calller, but are coordinating duties too much for a rookie head coach to handle? Haley has said that he has an excellent supporting cast of coaches and it’s not. Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid chimed in today with his opinion on the matter.

“I did it for 10 years,” Reid said. “But i never hesitated, if things weren’t working, to turn it over to Brad (Childress) or Marty (Mornhinweg), that wasn’t a hesitation. Whether it was during a game or a week or whatever it might be.

“I would say this,” Reid continued. “Todd is extremely good at what he does and when i was in his chair during my first year I absolutely did everything. I made sure that every play, every drawing and everything was the way that I wanted it. You build a foundation that way, just like he is doing. He is doing it his way, building a foundation that will strengthen him to have a nice, long career in Kansas City.“

Reid went on to say that he moved on from play calling duties as he was able to establish his foundation as a head coach. He eventually turned those duties over to long-time trusted associates such Mornhinweg and Childress, men that he had quite a history with in the coaching ranks.

“Now listen, I did it for ten years,” Reid reiterated. “I’m still involved. Marty and I talk every day about the offense and so on. It’s a unique situation and it was the same way with Brad. I was with him at Northern Arizona and had a lot of trust in him.

“Early on, I did everything,” Reid concluded. “So I know what Todd is doing and he’s doing it the right way.”

aturnis
09-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Sorry if repost.

No your not.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 12:58 PM
No your not.

LMAO

aturnis
09-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Glad to see somebody else has faith in Haley. I think I value Andy Reid's opinion over some SI writer or any other media hack.

Stinger
09-23-2009, 01:02 PM
“I would say this,” Reid continued. “Todd is extremely good at what he does and when i was in his chair during my first year I absolutely did everything. I made sure that every play, every drawing and everything was the way that I wanted it. You build a foundation that way, just like he is doing. He is doing it his way, building a foundation that will strengthen him to have a nice, long career in Kansas City.

Well that will piss off several here and a certain journalist.

jidar
09-23-2009, 01:10 PM

Yeah but fuck em.

keg in kc
09-23-2009, 01:13 PM
He's fat.

DaWolf
09-23-2009, 01:13 PM
What I find funny is that Kansas City journalists, who don't even take time half the time to write insightful articles on the Chiefs and are too lazy most of the time to go dig up little known facts, and who barely spend time writing anything on the team in the offseason (seriously, I get better info from some national media people than the local guys) what to tell us how a football coach can't do his job because he's trying to do too much. If only they'd put the same effort into their writing...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 01:26 PM

Yeah but fuck em.

Only a few people here have raised a stink about the playcalling/taking too much on.

The playcalling has been for the most very good, and Haley still has someone upstairs feeding him information, occupying the spot that Gailey held minus the official title.

Bane
09-23-2009, 01:34 PM
At least he's trying to do it his way year one and not waiting 4-5 years down the road to try to take command.Good job so far in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
09-23-2009, 01:36 PM
What I find funny is that Kansas City journalists, who don't even take time half the time to write insightful articles on the Chiefs and are too lazy most of the time to go dig up little known facts, and who barely spend time writing anything on the team in the offseason (seriously, I get better info from some national media people than the local guys) what to tell us how a football coach can't do his job because he's trying to do too much. If only they'd put the same effort into their writing...

This.

HemiEd
09-23-2009, 02:57 PM
At least he's trying to do it his way year one and not waiting 4-5 years down the road to try to take command.Good job so far in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

The coolest part to me, he is young enough and he has the brains to do it.

Unlike the previous idiot that only had an ego to lean on.

rad
09-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Sorry if repost.

If you're gonna lie to me, tell me there's a whour waitin' in the car to tongue my balls.../Uncle Junior

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 03:14 PM
If you're gonna lie to me, tell me there's a whour waitin' in the car to tongue my balls.../Uncle Junior

LMAO

BryanBusby
09-23-2009, 03:36 PM
What is a running play???

-Andy Reid

salame
09-23-2009, 04:33 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3145/2785994428_2f010f3a03_o.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-23-2009, 04:41 PM
My God that's disturbing...

Kerberos
09-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Glad to see somebody else has faith in Haley. I think I value Andy Reid's opinion over some SI writer or any other media hack.

This

and This