PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why we'll win this week

MahiMike
09-24-2009, 05:42 PM
I just finished watching the game between the Saints and Iggles (thanks NFL Rewind). Here are my takes from that game and how it might be handled by Haley's crew.

Saints: The TE/short to medium routes were always open.
Chiefs: We may actually sit out TE's since they dropped passes last week. Instead, we could see 4 WR's in Bowe, Wade, Engram and Bradley. As long as Cassel throws quick outs and over the middle to 20 yds, the Iggles are vulnerable. I didn't think Philly's pass D was all that.

Saints: Put a good effort in by all their guys. FB even scored.
Chiefs: Haley will show that TD to his group a few times to see which guy shows up.

Saints: Throw to set up the run. Brees threw early and often. And it worked of course.
Chiefs: Cassel steps up to all this controversy bullshit. He shows the NFL what he's capable of.

Saints: Reggie Bush is a very good pass blocker. Without his blocks, Brees doesn't complete the long passes.
Chiefs: LJ is benched (or not on the field much). I think it's entirely possible the next Chief to get the "message" is LJ. We start both Charles and Savage due to their blocking/catching abilities.

Iggles: Don't tackle the big guys too well.
Chiefs: Do we have any big FB's on the team?

Iggles: Lotsa Wildcat formations
Chiefs: Our LB's will be the key to stopping Philly

Iggles: Kolb looks good at times, bad at times. He threw 3 picks and I noticed when scrambling, he throws a weak pass to the right sideline. Good candidate for a pick 6. We'll need at least 1 defensive TD.

Saints: Had 3 turnovers and still scored over 40 pts
Chiefs: I see no reason why we can't get 30.

Pam Oliver: Is she preggo or has she been hanging out with Whitlock? Looking pretty beefy.

ok, that's my take. flame away.

Bane
09-24-2009, 05:44 PM
I hope we win 50-3 but Im thinking our O line doesn't want anything to do with the Eagles front 7......Let us pray.

Gonzo
09-24-2009, 05:45 PM
I definitely think they'll be competitive and I called for a win earlier this week. I think we have a good chance on sneaking up and stealing one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Well I'm convinced!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
09-24-2009, 05:47 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/k0gcnb.jpg

I fucking love this place.

The Eagles defense is vulnerable because the most talented offensive team in the league put up a 40-spot on them - therefore we're good for 30.

Comedy fucking gold.

Mecca
09-24-2009, 05:48 PM
The Chiefs will win this week because you got high and dreamed it.

Compare what the Eagles did to Carolina.

Hammock Parties
09-24-2009, 05:49 PM
We may actually sit out TE's since they dropped passes last week.None of our tight ends dropped a pass last week, unless you count the ball banging off Jake O'Connell's helmet.

I think it's entirely possible the next Chief to get the "message" is LJ

Yes, benching him after a game in which he had 120 yards from scrimmage will send an awesome message.

Bane
09-24-2009, 05:49 PM
I definitely think they'll be competitive and I called for a win earlier this week. I think we have a good chance on sneaking up and stealing one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I hope we win every week,but you have to be sensible.I already picked us to loose till we play Dallas in that 0-7 thread anyway and I dont want to be called out for waffling!!!ROFL

DeezNutz
09-24-2009, 05:51 PM

http://fragilex.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/ruh-roh.jpg

RippedmyFlesh
09-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Philadelphia Eagles
Posted 24 minutes ago
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d812e15fd&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
McNabb likely out vs. Chiefs; Westbrook, Jackson miss practice

NFL.com Wire Reports
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb still isn't able to practice, and it appears unlikely he will play this weekend.
Veterans Jeff Garcia and Michael Vick will be the backups, although coach Andy Reid has not committed on who will be the No. 2 quarterback.
McNabb, who suffered a broken rib during a season-opening victory over the Carolina Panthers, is expected to miss his second consecutive game Sunday when the Eagles host the Kansas City Chiefs.

McNabb was at Thursday's practice, but he only watched. With a bye coming next week, McNabb could have more time to heal before the Eagles host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Oct. 11.

Third-year pro Kevin Kolb started at quarterback last week in the Eagles' 48-22 loss to the New Orleans Saints and is expected to start again against the Chiefs.

Eagles running back Brian Westbrook (ankle) and wide receiver DeSean Jackson (groin) also missed practice for the second consecutive day, also putting their status for Sunday's game in doubt.

If mcnabb,westbrook and jackson are out we have a chance.

MahiMike
09-24-2009, 05:53 PM
The Chiefs will win this week because you got high and dreamed it.

Compare what the Eagles did to Carolina.

Irrelevant. We don't have a bum named Delhomey.

OnTheWarpath15
09-24-2009, 05:53 PM

Don't let me down, folks.

DeezNutz
09-24-2009, 05:54 PM

Ours is named Cassel. /obligatory/

*Sanchez approves this message.*

OnTheWarpath15

Don't let me down, folks.

Ours is named Cassel. /obligatory/

*Sanchez approves this message.*

That was quick.

Thank you.

DeezNutz

http://www.propsunlimited.com/pics/Sports%20Golf%20ball%20on%20tee%20(3D).jpg

Hammock Parties
09-24-2009, 05:55 PM
We'll win because those Kansas City Chiefs have some really good player men. They try hard. They care. They give it their ALL! It's the WILL not the SKILL, men! We have really good player men and some of them went to major universities.

LaChapelle
09-24-2009, 05:55 PM
The Eagles schedule goes something like this:
Chiefs
bye
Tampa
Oakland
ROFL

MahiMike
09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
None of our tight ends dropped a pass last week, unless you count the ball banging off Jake O'Connell's helmet.

Yes, benching him after a game in which he had 120 yards from scrimmage will send an awesome message.

I realize he had his best game in a while. But Haley is gonna go with the guy with the best skills every week. Haley plays his guys like we do fantasy players - positional matchups. The only chance the Chiefs have to win is to throw it 50 times. LJ would get BOTH QB's killed.

OnTheWarpath15
09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
We'll win because those Kansas City Chiefs have some really good player men. They try hard. They care. They give it their ALL! It's the WILL not the SKILL, men! We have really good player men and some of them went to major universities.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
09-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I realize he had his best game in a while. But Haley is gonna go with the guy with the best skills every week. Haley plays his guys like we do fantasy players - positional matchups. The only chance the Chiefs have to win is to throw it 50 times. LJ would get BOTH QB's killed.

Dude, LJ hasn't missed a block this year. Besides, he's not even asked to block all that much, anyway. He's out in the pattern a lot more.

If we throw it 50 times against Trent Cole and their quick DTs we're asking for a nightmare...

MahiMike
09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Dude, LJ hasn't missed a block this year. Besides, he's not even asked to block all that much, anyway. He's out in the pattern a lot more.

If we throw it 50 times against Trent Cole and their quick DTs we're asking for a nightmare...

Then I guess you're missing the whole point of the thread. The running game is irrelevant this week. If we wanna win, it's throw, throw, throw. Take your LJ-lovin to another thread.

Hammock Parties
09-24-2009, 06:03 PM
The running game is irrelevant this week. If we wanna get Cassel killed, it's throw, throw, throw.

FYP

The Chiefs will run a balanced gameplan this week. Haley's not an idiot.

The right side of the line is a sieve. We have to run, and have to run draws to keep the DEs home.

Mecca
09-24-2009, 06:15 PM
If you think the Raiders secondary is really good, what are you going to say about the Eagles?

Hammock Parties
09-24-2009, 06:16 PM
If you think the Raiders secondary is really good, what are you going to say about the Eagles?

Forget the secondary. Oakland doesn't have a speed rusher worth a shit.

Trent Cole is going to abuse at least one of our tackles. Darren Howard is a BACKUP for chrissakes.

I'm just hoping to lose by less than 21 points.

Mecca
09-24-2009, 06:17 PM

Hey just sayin the Chiefs probably won't face a team with a better CB tandem this year.

OnTheWarpath15
09-24-2009, 06:18 PM

Trent Cole is going to abuse at least one of our tackles.

Trent Cole is going to eat Cassel's children.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-24-2009, 06:18 PM
I just finished watching the game between the Saints and Iggles (thanks NFL Rewind). Here are my takes from that game and how it might be handled by Haley's crew.

Chiefs: We may actually sit out TE's since they dropped passes last week. Instead, we could see 4 WR's in Bowe, Wade, Engram and Bradley. As long as Cassel throws quick outs and over the middle to 20 yds, the Iggles are vulnerable. I didn't think Philly's pass D was all that.

Chiefs: Haley will show that TD to his group a few times to see which guy shows up.

Saints: Throw to set up the run. Brees threw early and often. And it worked of course.
Chiefs: Cassel steps up to all this controversy bullshit. He shows the NFL what he's capable of.

Saints: Reggie Bush is a very good pass blocker. Without his blocks, Brees doesn't complete the long passes.
Chiefs: LJ is benched (or not on the field much). I think it's entirely possible the next Chief to get the "message" is LJ. We start both Charles and Savage due to their blocking/catching abilities.

Iggles: Kolb looks good at times, bad at times. He threw 3 picks and I noticed when scrambling, he throws a weak pass to the right sideline. Good candidate for a pick 6. We'll need at least 1 defensive TD.

Pam Oliver: Is she preggo or has she been hanging out with Whitlock? Looking pretty beefy.

"Goodbye, Momma. Now you can have ice cream in Heaven."

Hammock Parties
09-24-2009, 06:19 PM

Well if he's out for the game because he took a trip to the future then we may have a chance...

Unless you're talking about the unborn children in his loins.

Molitoth
FYP

The Chiefs will run a balanced gameplan this week. Haley's not an idiot.

The right side of the line is a sieve. We have to run, and have to run draws to keep the DEs home.

As long as the play calling isn't predictable they could be fine.

Mecca
Personally I can't get over that he thinks the Chiefs will score 30 cause the Saints scored 40.

That's like saying your pinto should do 180 cause that ferrari does 200.

OnTheWarpath15
09-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Personally I can't get over that he thinks the Chiefs will score 30 cause the Saints scored 40.

LMAO

DeezNutz
We are going to win. Just because.

Hope. Believe.

Please don't move this to DC.

Bane

ROFLROFLROFL

DeezNutz
09-24-2009, 06:22 PM
All the Sanchez ball washers like OTW, Mecca, and Deez are here to remind us how "shitty" the Chiefs are this year.

Why can't we just be positive? Why can't the Chiefs win?

Hammock Parties
09-24-2009, 06:24 PM

You could get a Pinto up to 180...by dropping it from space....

RiversRunRed
09-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Still I wonder how loosing jim johnson will affect the eagles defense this year

Hammock Parties
09-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Still I wonder how loosing jim johnson will affect the eagles defense this year

I'm hoping opposing players kneel short of the goal line instead of running up the score on Philly. It would be heartwarming.

Micjones
09-24-2009, 08:33 PM
This game's going to be tough even without McNabb.

We'll need good field position throughout and a couple turnovers...
OR an early lead.

Chiefs=Champions
09-24-2009, 09:20 PM

Ok...

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7227/lolwhuttranslated384267dn3.jpg

nstygma
09-24-2009, 10:01 PM
"Goodbye, Momma. Now you can have ice cream in Heaven.""I'll see you tonight, when i go to bed, in my head movies. but THIS head movie, makes my eyes raaiiin"

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2009, 10:37 PM
http://fragilex.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/ruh-roh.jpg

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2009, 10:39 PM
You could get a Pinto up to 180...by dropping it from space....

So...drop a Pinto on the Iggles defense. Got it.

Exploding Shitmobile FTW!

Mr. Flopnuts
09-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Ok...

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7227/lolwhuttranslated384267dn3.jpg

http://www.reinholdzeta.com/img/I_UNDERSTAND_COMPLETELY.jpg

chiefs1111
09-24-2009, 11:36 PM
It is a good thing Cassel can scramble because he will be doing plenty of it the next few weeks.

teedubya
09-25-2009, 01:42 AM
The Eagles schedule goes something like this:
Chiefs
bye
Tampa
Oakland
ROFL

That is totally unfair to give Philly 4 bye weeks in a row... they will be well rested, that is for sure.

I hope with all the time off, that Vick doesn't start dog fighting again.

Chiefs=Champions
09-25-2009, 04:21 AM
http://www.reinholdzeta.com/img/I_UNDERSTAND_COMPLETELY.jpg

LOL

http://mirror.servut.us/kuvat/meinung/lol_wut_russian_pear.jpg

BossChief
09-25-2009, 05:30 AM
Our only chance to win is if Mcnabb, Westbrook, Samuel and Andy Reid are all not involved gameday and Vick starts.

I bet the opposing corners blitzes rack up three sacks and cause a turnover.

We´re gonna lose bad folks...Haley might use this game as motivation for years, "you dont want THAT to happen again, do you?"

Tiger's Fan
09-25-2009, 05:45 AM

You're the one who thinks the faiders secondary is REALLY good. D'oh

Edit: Also, the faiders front 7 is REALLY good.

The faiders ground game will run all over us. ect.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, you don't REALLY know much.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-25-2009, 05:54 AM

LJ has already gotten the message. He looked good on Sunday... he clearly wasn't the reason for the loss.

As far as Kolb having 3 turnovers, the Saints put pressure on him by scoring quickly, and it was on the road.

As far as the underneath stuff being open against the Eagles.... the Saints actually have speedy WR's that stretch the field.

The Chiefs should make a good game of it, and they could pull off the upset. I think LJ can have a good game.

With McNabb being injured, I think the Eagles will try too hard to get Vick in the game. I think it will backfire due to his time away from the game. I think he will try to do too much and will fumble.

Hopefully, Cassel has knocked the rust off and we will see what he can do.

Hammock Parties
09-25-2009, 06:23 AM
Eagles played at home against the Saints.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-25-2009, 06:47 AM
Eagles played at home against the Saints.

Oh... well, oops. I just got back in town.... went out of town for the game, then decided to take some extra time. Didn't pay as much attention to the other games this week.

Can't believe we didn't win that game....just absolutely freaking stunned.