PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz' latest - Bowe not looking to good

Chiefnj2
09-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Practice Report 9/25 Update
September 25, 2009 - Bob Gretz | Comments (24)

From the Truman Sports Complex

As the Chiefs started their final practice in preparation for Sunday’s game in Philadelphia, ILB Derrick Johnson was riding a stationary bike and WR Dwayne Bowe was practicing, sort of.

Todd Haley said both would be listed as questionable when the team turns in its injury report to the league office Friday afternoon.

On Thursday, Johnson declared himself out of the meeting with the Eagles because of a groin injury. Of course, D.J. hasn’t realized yet that he’s not the final word on whether he dressess or not. That would be Haley. But his work on the bike indicates his chances of being suited up in Philly are slim.

Bowe was on the bike patrol Thursday and the Chiefs reported him as a limited participant in practice. He was with the offense and receivers in the part of Friday’s session open to the media. But to say he was practicing would be a stretch. Bowe did not run as much as trot on his pass routes. He has what Haley called “a problem with his leg”; he was wearing a wrap on his right knee after practice on Thursday.

If Bowe can’t go, Mark Bradley may find himself back in the starting lineup. After the opener in Baltimore, he was pushed aside a bit last week for Bobby Wade.

No matter who, Haley said he needs somebody to pick up the slack if Bowe is down.

“We tell those backup guys all the time that they are only a play away,” said Haley. “Somebody has to step up in that type of situation. Somebody has to produce.”

With Johnson out, the Chiefs will have to alter their nickel defense. Last week, Johnson and Monty Beisel came in at linebacker when the defense brought an extra cornerback on the field. This week it looks like starter Demorrio Williams will stay on the field in the nickel with Beisel.

Haley said that both QB Matt Cassel and CB Brandon Flowers would be listed as probable for Sunday’s game. He also said that LG Brian Waters would be listed as questionable due to the sprained left ankle he suffered last Sunday against Oakland. Waters was a limited participant in practice on Friday.

Hydrae
09-25-2009, 02:03 PM
With Waters out Cassel is going to get killed for sure.

The Franchise
09-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Oh awesome....my fantasy team gets fucking better. First Welker...now Bowe. Fuck this year!

DaFace
09-25-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm apparently out of the loop this week. What happened to Bowe?

Fritz88
09-25-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm apparently out of the loop this week. What happened to Bowe?

He seemed fine last game. It's just something that came up a day or two ago where he was limited in practice.

If he does not play, then it will suck.

penguinz
09-25-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm apparently out of the loop this week. What happened to Bowe?He broke his vagina.

Hydrae
09-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Oh awesome....my fantasy team gets ****ing better. First Welker...now Bowe. **** this year!

Welker is practicing this week from what I saw last night on ESPN.

wild1
09-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Demorrio Williams and Monty Beisel are the nickle backers.

This team really, really needs help at linebacker.

sedated
09-25-2009, 02:43 PM
With Waters out Cassel is going to get killed for sure.

waters is out?

Hydrae
09-25-2009, 02:50 PM
waters is out?

Questionable. Perhaps I should have worded that differently....IF Waters is out...

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 02:54 PM
LB's and Oline are positions of absolute need in next years draft

CoMoChief
09-25-2009, 02:56 PM
waters is out?

Fuck really?

So basically we're gonna go into Philly with our 2nd team.

Kick ass all of our players that are worth a shit are hurt!

doomy3
09-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Hopefully Gretz actually used the word "too."

Warrior5
09-25-2009, 03:26 PM
This team really, really needs help at linebacker.

you forgot to add RT, RG, C, TE, and NT.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-25-2009, 04:06 PM
you forgot to add RT, RG, C, TE, and NT.

Every other position as well lol

ModSocks
09-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh awesome....my fantasy team gets ****ing better. First Welker...now Bowe. **** this year!

I hear ya. Im down to Chris Chambers and The rook from philly...

The Franchise
09-25-2009, 04:09 PM
I hear ya. Im down to Chris Chambers and The rook from philly...

I still have Reggie Wayne but he'll be starting along side Cotchery and Sims-Walker.

ModSocks
09-25-2009, 04:10 PM
I still have Reggie Wayne but he'll be starting along side Cotchery and Sims-Walker.

yep, i have Calvin Johnson. But Chambers and the rook are no help

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Good God.

stevieray
09-25-2009, 04:20 PM
bruised ego.

MikeMaslowski
09-25-2009, 04:29 PM
I just need this week to go by. I keep running into this fugging raider fan that works in the building next to mine. Prick. We need to win a game. Unfortunately this one doesn't seem to be very high on the probable win percentage chart.

Hammock Parties
09-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Be interesting to see how they compete this week with all these injuries. Will tell us a lot about the coaching staff.

52decleetzu
09-25-2009, 06:01 PM
I know I have never posted here but why is there no talk of the Schefter report of Bowe being on the trade block?

Did I miss that thread or what?

One would think that if one of the best payers on their team was rumored to be traded it would generate some conversation. What am I missing here?

OnTheWarpath15
09-25-2009, 06:04 PM
I know I have never posted here but why is there no talk of the Schefter report of Bowe being on the trade block?

Did I miss that thread or what?

One would think that if one of the best payers on their team was rumored to be traded it would generate some conversation. What am I missing here?

News to us. To me, at least.

Post a link, and we'll talk about it.

OnTheWarpath15
09-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Or it could be that he's not on the block:

ESPN - Adam Schefter of ESPN believes that the Chiefs would gladly listen to offers for receiver Dwayne Bowe.

In a chat with readers, Schefter wrote: "... If a team out there made a good offer for Bowe, he would be gone tomorrow. Like I said, outside of [Matt] Cassel and [Tyson] Jackson, there's no Chief who can't be had for the right price. New regimes like their own players; this is not something new to Haley and Scott Pioli. This is a universal truth."

JuicesFlowing
09-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Be interesting to see how they compete this week with all these injuries. Will tell us a lot about the coaching staff.

I'm wondering who's #1 if Bowe sits .. Wade or Bradley? I actually feel better about this game than Baltimore. Who knows ...I'll keep my expectations in check just in case.

JuicesFlowing
09-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Quote:
ESPN - Adam Schefter of ESPN believes that the Chiefs would gladly listen to offers for receiver Dwayne Bowe.

In a chat with readers, Schefter wrote: "... If a team out there made a good offer for Bowe, he would be gone tomorrow. Like I said, outside of [Matt] Cassel and [Tyson] Jackson, there's no Chief who can't be had for the right price. New regimes like their own players; this is not something new to Haley and Scott Pioli. This is a universal truth."

This theory has always mad me laugh. Talent is talent, period. Trading a good player because you didn't draft/trade for him yourself is pretty egotistical.

stevieray
09-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Bradley and Wade could be decent.

whoman69
09-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Bowe wasn't looking too good before he got injured.

whoman69
09-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Quote:

This theory has always mad me laugh. Talent is talent, period. Trading a good player because you didn't draft/trade for him yourself is pretty egotistical.

Trading an inconsistent, pass dropping cry baby that doesn't seem to want to put the work in to get better isn't so egotistical.

Mecca
09-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Quote:

It happens all the time, just the same as GM's don't like to cut high draft choices they made because they have to admit they fucked up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Bradley and Wade could be decent.

:spock:

htismaqe
09-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Or it could be that he's not on the block:

Exactly.

Schefter didn't say they're shopping him.

Mecca
09-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Trading an inconsistent, pass dropping cry baby that doesn't seem to want to put the work in to get better isn't so egotistical.

This post makes me fear for the intelligence of the fan base.

JuicesFlowing
09-25-2009, 06:32 PM

Wow, really? I'll have to side with Mecca on this one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-25-2009, 06:41 PM

Time for a new gif to encompass that kind of dumbassery:

http://i34.tinypic.com/nywrdf.gif

KCUnited
09-25-2009, 06:45 PM
don't forget homosexual.

jidar
09-25-2009, 07:07 PM

You never go full retard.

-King-
09-25-2009, 07:25 PM
You never go full retard.

He went full retard...only other place he can go is brain dead.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Stay Down Bitch curse, thanks to gochiefs

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-25-2009, 08:00 PM

LMAO

52decleetzu
09-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Great.

So Bowe has not looked good at all, and is an inconsistent homosexual crybaby who does not want to put any work in to get better.

And the Schefter comment is complete bullshit. Got it.

I am guessing a late round conditional draft pick could do the trick huh?

Hammock Parties
09-25-2009, 09:53 PM

My legend grows!

CaliforniaChief
09-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Schefter's post could substitute 85% of the names in the National Football League and theoretically be correct. There's a price for everyone, save the franchise QB's and new first round draft picks that would theoretically cause a deal to be made.

I see improvement with Bowe...namely his blocking abilities and improved hands. I'm excited about his future with the Chiefs.

Easy 6
09-25-2009, 10:05 PM

Glad you said it.

WTF.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-26-2009, 02:21 PM

Thats not a fan base, thats just a statement from an idiot!

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Great.

So Bowe has not looked good at all, and is an inconsistent homosexual crybaby who does not want to put any work in to get better.

And the Schefter comment is complete bullshit. Got it.

I am guessing a late round conditional draft pick could do the trick huh?

Just shut up and go away. Your Ravens are faggots!

DBOSHO
09-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Paw! why you g-g-gotta make me..feel....bad??

HypnotizedMonkey
09-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Fuck!!

Chief Faithful
09-26-2009, 07:28 PM
What am I missing here?

A brain.

Go away, retart.