PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Watching Terrance Cody. What should I be noticing...

Coogs
09-26-2009, 01:57 PM
to determine if he is worth of our first round selection as a NT for the 3-4.

Buehler445
09-26-2009, 01:59 PM
How fat he is.

Coogs
09-26-2009, 02:00 PM
How fat he is.

He has that covered. Unless Haley runs it off of him. :)

DeezNutz
09-26-2009, 02:05 PM

You should be looking to see how well he could make the transition to DE.

the Talking Can
09-26-2009, 02:07 PM
see if he has a tramp stamp

Coogs
09-26-2009, 02:08 PM

Why?

OnTheWarpath15
09-26-2009, 02:11 PM

LMAO

DumbHillbillies
09-26-2009, 02:12 PM
see if he has a tramp stamp

WTFROFL

DumbHillbillies
09-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Why?

He kid, He kid

Coogs
09-26-2009, 02:16 PM
How fat he is.

OK. Other than being fat, what should he be doing that seperates him from the other NT's in college football that are fat? Just holding the point with a double team? is that enough?

Coogs
09-26-2009, 02:17 PM
He kid, He kid

:thumb:

tk13
09-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Definitely how well he moves laterally in coverage.

DeezNutz
09-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Why?

Pioli!!!! :cuss:

:)

Mecca
09-26-2009, 02:24 PM
I bet you'll notice that even in college he comes off the field on pass downs.

Coogs
09-26-2009, 02:24 PM
So basically you guys don't know any more than I do, do ya? :D

When double teamed, it looks to be a stalemate so far. Single block he is able to get into the backfield. Looks pretty slow though. :shrug:

Coogs
09-26-2009, 02:26 PM
I bet you'll notice that even in college he comes off the field on pass downs.

Yep! He has been on the sideline about half of the snaps. Couple of series on the field, couple series off the field too. That can not be good can it?

Jim Jones
09-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Frick that lard ass.. watch Ryan Mallett! He's got a lazer. If only our offensive line didn't suck balls.

Mecca
09-26-2009, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't be to thrilled about using a high draft pick on a 2 down player.

DeezNutz
09-26-2009, 02:33 PM

http://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/dorsey.JPG

Tylerthigpen!1!
09-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Frick that lard ass.. watch Ryan Mallett! He's got a lazer. If only our offensive line didn't suck balls.

Good to see another hog fan. I'm a freshman this year at UA

DumbHillbillies
09-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Damn 355lbs

Coogs
09-26-2009, 02:39 PM

That's what I was thinking a well. Surely get on of those a bit later.

Coogs
09-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Frick that lard ass.. watch Ryan Mallett! He's got a lazer.

7-21 right now. Didn't we see something like that last Sunday?

tk13
09-26-2009, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we drafted him... the Patriots guys like taking defensive linemen in the first round. And DT's like him don't grow on trees. Even if he only plays the first two downs, if he commands double teams and stops the run so you can be in 3rd and long all the time, that's worth it.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Find out if he's Mexican and can play quarterback

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2009, 03:15 PM

But the most important player on the defense. Especially given that nose tackles will be in very high demand, with everyone running a 3-4 these days.

Mecca
09-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we drafted him... the Patriots guys like taking defensive linemen in the first round. And DT's like him don't grow on trees. Even if he only plays the first two downs, if he commands double teams and stops the run so you can be in 3rd and long all the time, that's worth it.

Wouldn't you rather have a guy like Berry?

Coogs
09-26-2009, 03:52 PM

If there is anything to this Bowe rumor, maybe we could land both of them.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2009, 03:54 PM

I'd actually love for the Chiefs to not force a 3-4, if they don't think it'll work. I feel like once you get the nose tackle, you're doomed to run it.

If Pendergast's plan is to do a lot of hybrid 3-4/4-3, then suddenly, nose tackle becomes a much lower priority. Given that, I wouldn't be surprised if a playmaking safety become a top priority.

DeezNutz
09-26-2009, 03:56 PM
But the most important player on the defense. Especially given that nose tackles will be in very high demand, with everyone running a 3-4 these days.

That's exactly why I think we're going to take Raji.

Mecca
09-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm already expecting something I don't enjoy, it's easier that way.

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2009, 03:59 PM
That's exactly why I think we're going to take Raji.

It's interesting. When you look at the defensive personnel, we have a nose tackle who is a carryover from Herm's defense (and not what you'd expect of a nose tackle), you have two DEs who could easily play DT in a 4-3, you have one really old stopgap DE/OLB, and you have another guy in Hali who is more of a 4-3 DE than he really is a 3-4 OLB. The rest of the players could easily play in either a 3-4 or 4-3.

Really interesting. This team doesn't seem to have committed to a 3-4. I'm curious to see what happens next season.

milkman
09-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I'd actually love for the Chiefs to not force a 3-4, if they don't think it'll work. I feel like once you get the nose tackle, you're doomed to run it.

If Pendergast's plan is to do a lot of hybrid 3-4/4-3, then suddenly, nose tackle becomes a much lower priority. Given that, I wouldn't be surprised if a playmaking safety become a top priority.

Since you've already talked about Pendergast only being a stopgap until next year when Crennell might be ready to return to coaching, then you should be prepared for the Chiefs to force a 34.

milkman
09-26-2009, 04:04 PM
It's interesting. When you look at the defensive personnel, we have a nose tackle who is a carryover from Herm's defense (and not what you'd expect of a nose tackle), you have two DEs who could easily play DT in a 4-3, you have one really old stopgap DE/OLB, and you have another guy in Hali who is more of a 4-3 DE than he really is a 3-4 OLB. The rest of the players could easily play in either a 3-4 or 4-3.

Really interesting. This team doesn't seem to have committed to a 3-4. I'm curious to see what happens next season.

That's wishful thinking.

This team is committed to the 34, they just don't have the players to run it successfully.

tk13
09-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Well I can't argue with either safety. Having a great playmaking safety like a Reed or Polamalu would be huge, and it's a sexier pick. But if we're going to be a 3-4 team, we have to have a true first round talent at NT too or we are going to get killed up front. Good luck getting those in the same draft.

DeezNutz
09-26-2009, 04:06 PM

Seems like we're pretty damn interested in trying to get that square peg through the round hole to me...

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Since you've already talked about Pendergast only being a stopgap until next year when Crennell might be ready to return to coaching, then you should be prepared for the Chiefs to force a 34.

I don't know that Crennel would be a top candidate. I would think that there will be a lot of candidates to look at once the season is over. I would actually love for Pendergast to be a coordinator if this defense made a commitment to a more 4-3 oriented defense. What really screwed him in Arizona was that Whisenhunt wanted a 3-4 come hell or high water. Who knows? Nolan looks pretty good as a coordinator, even though he failed as a coach. Maybe Crennel still has it in him.

That's why I think you'll see this defense play pretty well this year, but once Pioli pulls a trigger on some pure 3-4 defensive personnel, Pendergast isn't the guy and his days are numbered. Given rumors of Pioli having an ego, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he forced a 3-4 even if it doesn't seem like the best option.

Mecca
09-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Seems like we're pretty damn interested in trying to get that square peg through the round hole to me...

Pretty much, it's lovely isn't it?

Coogs
09-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Well I can't argue with either safety. Having a great playmaking safety like a Reed or Polamalu would be huge, and it's a sexier pick. But if we're going to be a 3-4 team, we have to have a true first round talent at NT too or we are going to get killed up front. Good luck getting those in the same draft.

Again, maybe that is why the Bowe rumor is surfacing. Get two first rounders, and you have at least a shot at making something like that happen. Add an OLB pass rusher in round 2, and this defense cduld be Super Bowl worthy by 2011.

Mecca
09-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Do you really think someone is going to give up a 1 for Bowe?

chiefzilla1501
09-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Again, maybe that is why the Bowe rumor is surfacing. Get two first rounders, and you have at least a shot at making something like that happen. Add an OLB pass rusher in round 2, and this defense cduld be Super Bowl worthy by 2011.

This is logic that I don't fully understand, though.

Why would you trade a young, productive, sure-thing receiver for a young, maybe productive defender? It would be Jared Allen all over again.

Coogs
09-26-2009, 04:13 PM

Why wouldn't they. Basically two 1000 yard receiving in his first two years, with crap for QB's. Off to a pretty fair start this season as well.

Saccopoo
09-26-2009, 04:13 PM

*cough* Roy Williams *cough*

Mecca
09-26-2009, 04:14 PM
You might get one from a good team but I don't think a team with a high pick would be that willing.

Braylon Edwards damn near got traded for the 27th pick.

Mecca
09-26-2009, 04:14 PM
*cough* Roy Williams *cough*

Once again that wasn't a team that expected to be picking very high.

Coogs
09-26-2009, 04:15 PM
This is logic that I don't fully understand, though.

Why would you trade a young, productive, sure-thing receiver for a young, maybe productive defender? It would be Jared Allen all over again.

Because the last few Super Bowl winners (outside of the Colts) have had defenses that have been top notch. And once Sanders rejoined the Colts defense in the playoffs, they became top notch as well.

Mecca
09-26-2009, 04:18 PM
If you honestly think we should just trade Bowe then we shouldn't have traded for Cassel or drafted a QB.

You're basically pining for Marty of all defense no offense.

DeezNutz
09-26-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm going to go on record with saying that trading Bowe, unless the return would be unfuckingbelievable, would be monumentally stupid.

I go bold...

philfree
09-26-2009, 04:33 PM

I see talk of Saftey's and NT's and all the while I'm looking for that DE/OLB pass rusher to help fixe our D. I think there are more than a few of these guys in this upcoming draft. Ricky Sapp, Brandon Lang, Jerry hughes....Eric Norwood...there's some mkore too.

PhilFree:arrow:

Mecca
09-26-2009, 04:41 PM
None of those guys are going top 10, some not even in the first round.

philfree
09-26-2009, 04:50 PM
None of those guys are going top 10, some not even in the first round.

It's a little early to know for sure but yeah. If any of those guys blow up with a big a sacks total they could become top ten picks. No? If Jerry Hughes puts up 15 sacks again he won't be worthy of a top ten pick considering all the teams that have gone to a 3-4? I think those guys will fly up the board if they get double digit sacks.

Saccopoo
09-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I see talk of Saftey's and NT's and all the while I'm looking for that DE/OLB pass rusher to help fixe our D. I think there are more than a few of these guys in this upcoming draft. Ricky Sapp, Brandon Lang, Jerry hughes....Eric Norwood...there's some mkore too.

Let's be completely serious here for a second. If we don't get a decent ILB, this team is going nowhere. I'm all for the "safety of a generation," but if we don't end up with someone like McCain, Spikes or Pawelek, it won't matter anyway. Our linebackers are just hands down horrid and are not filling the gaps, shedding the blocks and making plays. The middle of the defense is what's killing the Chiefs right now.

We also need a rush guy super bad. And a tight end. And a RT. And a couple guards.

Mecca
09-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I will bet my ballsack that Jerry Hughes is not a top 10 pick.

philfree
09-26-2009, 05:12 PM

That's fine. and I'm not saying we should draft one of those guys in the top 10 however I do think we need a OLB pass rusher enough to consider it early in the draft. What's your take on the OLB/DE prospects this year?

PhilFree:arow:

Mecca
09-26-2009, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't take one over the few guys who are elite level prospects the only one going that high is Sergio Kindle and he gets the Texas flag.

Saccopoo
09-26-2009, 05:14 PM

While I think you are correct, I wouldn't bet my ballsack on the draft. Ever. I like my ballsack a little too much, especially to put it on the line with Al Davis picking anywhere in the draft.

Mecca
09-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Al Davis is taking Carlos Dunlap or Taylor Mays no one will athletically test more freakish than those guys.

Saccopoo
09-26-2009, 05:20 PM
That's fine. and I'm not saying we should draft one of those guys in the top 10 however I do think we need a OLB pass rusher enough to consider it early in the draft. What's your take on the OLB/DE prospects this year?

PhilFree:arow:

George Selvie is a stud, and all the draft gurus seem to have downgraded him to high second round status. However, he played hurt last year and his production was down. (In addition to facing a lot more double teams.)

Saccopoo
09-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Al Davis is taking Carlos Dunlap or Taylor Mays no one will athletically test more freakish than those guys.

But I bet Spiller will end up running a sub 4.3 40 and then he's the guy for Al Davis.

Saccopoo
09-26-2009, 05:25 PM
And Rahim Alem looks to be a player and would probably project into the third round or so, but people might revolt if we ended up with another LSU guy in the front seven.

philfree
09-26-2009, 05:27 PM
George Selvie is a stud, and all the draft gurus seem to have downgraded him to high second round status. However, he played hurt last year and his production was down. (In addition to facing a lot more double teams.)

The 2nd round will probably be the place to score one of those guys. I still wonder though that with all the new 3-4 teams that those tweeners won't become hotter commodities.

ArrowheadMagic
09-26-2009, 05:27 PM

You should have noticed that he isnt worth that high of a pick.

milkman
09-26-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't know that Crennel would be a top candidate. I would think that there will be a lot of candidates to look at once the season is over. I would actually love for Pendergast to be a coordinator if this defense made a commitment to a more 4-3 oriented defense. What really screwed him in Arizona was that Whisenhunt wanted a 3-4 come hell or high water. Who knows? Nolan looks pretty good as a coordinator, even though he failed as a coach. Maybe Crennel still has it in him.

That's why I think you'll see this defense play pretty well this year, but once Pioli pulls a trigger on some pure 3-4 defensive personnel, Pendergast isn't the guy and his days are numbered. Given rumors of Pioli having an ego, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he forced a 3-4 even if it doesn't seem like the best option.

I absolutely despise Pendergast's lack of aggressive playcalling with the lead late in the game.

I actually expect him to be around for a couple of years, and I was almost certain that it was you that I argued that with.

Regardless, I expect to be pissed off a number of times with Pendergast in charge of teh defense.

milkman
09-26-2009, 06:35 PM

Claythan would take that bet simply because he likes ballsacks.