PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley post-game presser...

petegz28
09-27-2009, 02:36 PM
So far he is taking the responsibilty

Mr. Arrowhead
09-27-2009, 02:37 PM
well at least that better than our last head coach

Fritz88
09-27-2009, 02:37 PM
I expect him so.

Terribilis
09-27-2009, 02:39 PM
he is establishing an identity

MIAdragon
BFD, enough with the talking.

petegz28

Exactly

kcxiv
09-27-2009, 02:40 PM
What is he saying? i didnt listen to it this week. lol

Hammock Parties
Stand up guy.

Stewie
At least he knows he's stupid. He got his big payday, though.

DaWolf
He's going to be taking a lot of responsibility this year, he asked for the bulls eye when he fired the OC and he got it...

Hammock Parties
09-27-2009, 02:41 PM

:rolleyes:

What a joke.

Stewie
09-27-2009, 02:42 PM

What a joke.

Dude, I've forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

Deberg_1990
09-27-2009, 02:42 PM
He's going to be taking a lot of responsibility this year, he asked for the bulls eye when he fired the OC and he got it...

heh, no doubt. He should have at least kept Hailey around for a fall guy.

Reaper16
09-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Dubious.

unlurking
09-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Agreed, I'm still holding out hope, even after today.

RippedmyFlesh
heh, no doubt. He should have at least kept Hailey around for a fall guy.
That would have been how herm would have done it.

petegz28
What is he saying? i didnt listen to it this week. lol

Have to do a better job of coaching in regards to penalties.

Kept running the ball in the 2nd half cause this team has to establish an identity

Constantly working on his emotional behavior

Said there is a purpose to why we are conservative and he will leave it at that. I read into that as he doesn't think we have the talent to open things up.

Didn't ever hang players out or say "players have to make a play" ala Herm.

Deberg_1990
I wonder if there were any Passion Parties in Philly last night?

Bane
09-27-2009, 02:46 PM

Yep so he cant be crying like LJ when the media tears him apart! I kinda feel for him,I bet he had no clue this team was this far in the hole.Im sure he knew it was gonna be a big job but goddamn,I bet he shakes his head in the mirror every morning now.:shake:

Stewie
Dubious.

It's all about spatial thinking. Haley doesn't have it.

aturnis

Judging from most of your posts on a football forum. You're an idiot. An average fan, who doesn't know shit and is angry he doesn't feel good on Sunday.

Stewie
09-27-2009, 02:47 PM

Kept running the ball in the 2nd half cause this team has to establish an identity

Said their is a purpose to why we are conservative and he will leave it at that. I read into that as he doesn't think we have to talent to open things up.

Todd is totally overwhelmed.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Judging from most of your posts on a football forum. You're an idiot. An average fan, who doesn't know shit and is angry he doesn't feel good on Sunday.

This is a BB, right? If so, then why bash the guy for being what everyone else is on here.

Stewie

Who are you? And what do you know?

dirk digler

Said their is a purpose to why we are conservative and he will leave it at that. I read into that as he doesn't think we have to talent to open things up.

Sounds like he thinks this team is soft.

I noticed he wasn't yelling nearing as much as he did the last 2 games even though they got jobbed on a bunch of calls.

Bane
09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
2 min into the 2nd quarter Drew Brees has more passing yards than Cassel!!!!ROFL

Deberg_1990
09-27-2009, 02:49 PM

Well, he is right about that.

Which is why i dont get why everyone goes ballistic because Cassel is not dropping back and launching 50 yard bombs every pass play.

petegz28
09-27-2009, 02:50 PM

I noticed he wasn't yelling nearing as much as he did the last 2 games even though they got jobbed on a bunch of calls.

Fatlock asked him why he was more composed today, thus the explanation about the emoitional behavior

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Is Fraud Haley the official meltdown nickname?

FringeNC
09-27-2009, 02:52 PM

He wasn't yelling because he knew the players were overmatched and it wasn't their fault.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2009, 02:53 PM

You like the modern version of Reerun_KC with your hatred with Haley.

Good fucking grief.

Easy 6
09-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Dubious.

Indeed.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2009, 02:54 PM

Oh God, don't let Whitlock see this post.

"Fraud Haley and Scott Egoli..."

dirk digler
09-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Fatlock asked him why he was more composed today, thus the explanation about the emoitional behavior

I don't want him to lose that fire I see on the sidelines I like that.

The Bad Guy
09-27-2009, 02:55 PM

I fucking doubt it highly.

Way to pull the biggest douche card there is.

DeezNutz
09-27-2009, 02:58 PM

Near certainty that this will appear in a Whitlock column.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Near certainty that this will appear in a Whitlock column.

Re-Todd Haley

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2009, 03:07 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/nywrdf.jpgRe-Todd Haley

EyePod
09-27-2009, 03:10 PM

Is our identity a team that continues to run the ball even when we're losing by more than 2 scores? That's a great identity!

petegz28
09-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Is our identity a team that continues to run the ball even when we're losing by more than 2 scores? That's a great identity!

Yea, cause Cassel had all day to throw and we wouldn't get him hurt dropping back 5-7 steps and waiting for 20 yard routes to open

Marcellus
09-27-2009, 04:06 PM

Forget more please.

Marcellus
09-27-2009, 04:08 PM

Forget more please. Fogetting how to get here would be a start.

KcMizzou
09-27-2009, 04:09 PM

Good ****ing grief.That's an insult to Reerun.

MadMax
09-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Yea, cause Cassel had all day to throw and we wouldn't get him hurt dropping back 5-7 steps and waiting for 20 yard routes to open

And we must protect teh Matty :)

Otter
09-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Some of you people are acting like you were assigned this team and just walking in with no regard to what's happened for the last 10 years.

Dick Vermiel sold out the team in a Super Bowl or bust run. In my opinion those were fun years to be a Chiefs fan. The SB didn't happen but this is what we have.

This is recovery years and it's going to take some time.

Do some of you have a magic wand you flash where things go wrong their magically fixed? A lot of these posts are like reading childish "I WANT IT NOW" shit from a 2 year old.

Most of you were there, you seen the drafts, you seen what Herm and Carl did, shut the **** up.

Good Lord.

petegz28
09-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Some of you people are acting like you were assigned this team and just walking in with no regard to what's happened for the last 10 years.

Dick Vermiel sold out the team in a Super Bowl or bust run. In my opinion those were fun years to be a Chiefs fan. The SB didn't happen but this is what we have.

This is recovery years and it's going to take some time.

Do some of you have a magic wand you flash where things go wrong their magically fixed? A lot of these posts are like reading childish "I WANT IT NOW" shit from a 2 year old.

Most of you were there, you seen the drafts, you seen what Herm and Carl did, shut the **** up.

Good Lord.

The Chiefs are 2-3 years out from being a winning team.

Otter
09-27-2009, 04:39 PM

Is this somehow a surprise? Did you just pull this team out of a hat and just catching on?

No shit!

(not necessarily toward you just the peen-ass posts)

the Talking Can
09-27-2009, 04:53 PM

and everyone knew this prior to the season, but they're beating their vag's to death after 3 games anyways....it's a race to see who can be dumber than Whitlock...

there is no non-painful, non-embarrassing way to turn around a franchise and team this bad.....you have to live it each painful step...

Haley knows this roster is shit. And he knows it is open season on him.

TheGuardian
09-27-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't understand all the meltdowns. I thought most in here knew this team was a couple of years away from being a winning team? But no, we have threads about how Haley has lost the team after game 3 of his first year here and such. Unreal.

This team is so devoid of talent it's painful to watch. Cassel may be a great quarterback, but we won't know for sure until the guy can actually drop back and set his feet for a pass. The play calling today spoke volumes that Haley doesn't trust his offensive line to protect Cassel or anyone else that lines up behind that wall of doom. For all the talk about how Larry Johnson can't get to the hole, that's retarded, seeing how the guy gets hit in the backfield on almost every play. What hole is it he's supposed to get to.

Albert seems to be having some sophomore slump, Waters is a shell, and Niswanger is WITHOUT A DOUBT the single worst center I've watched in my entire life at ANY level. Niswanger, I can't figure out for the life of me, is still starting. Every week it pains me to watch him play with poor leverage and even poorer strength at the point. He can't drive block, can't pass protect, has NO feet (we're talking about a center here not a left tackle!). Getting a better center should be the #1 offensive priority this offseason IMO. Until the center of that line gets fixed the whole line will look awful.

Anyway, it will take at minimum next offseason signing a buttload of free agents, and a good draft in order just to make this team semi competitive. I'm talking 6-10 to 8-8. And that's with an offensive line overhaul.

So I don't get the chicken little/sky is falling bit. People should have known going into this season that this team would struggle. When Haley gets some more talent on both sides of the ball things will get better (obvious statement I know).

In the meantime, this team will struggle. Just be prepared for a long losing season.

tk13
09-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Well people always want everything now. A few years ago a lot of people claimed they could sit through several bad years to get enough high draft picks to rebuild. Well this is what that looks like. And of course nobody can really handle it. It sucks.

And of course people are going to complain about the moves we should've made to prove how smart they are... that's the nature of this thing. Everybody's a personnel guru. And it's going to get worse as we progress through the weeks, we are in a brutal part of the schedule right now. Long way to go though. No reason to get too high or too low yet.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Todd is totally overwhelmed.
it's sure looking like it.

they should hire a QB coach this week, just someone to take time with the QB's and watch their footwork.

Do they have a Quality Control coach in charge of the offense? That could help too ... although finding someone right now might be difficult.

TheGuardian
09-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Well people always want everything now. A few years ago a lot of people claimed they could sit through several bad years to get enough high draft picks to rebuild. Well this is what that looks like. And of course nobody can really handle it. It sucks.

And of course people are going to complain about the moves we should've made to prove how smart they are... that's the nature of this thing. Everybody's a personnel guru. And it's going to get worse as we progress through the weeks, we are in a brutal part of the schedule right now. Long way to go though. No reason to get too high or too low yet.

Very sensible, logical post. Right on.

T-post Tom
09-27-2009, 05:45 PM

100% yes.

Micjones
09-27-2009, 05:45 PM
I don't expect the team to contend overnight, but playing smart disciplined football isn't much to ask for.

Committing penalties that wipe TD's off the board? We really shouldn't have to wait 4 years for that to change.

Throwing 3-4 yards short of the marker on 3rd Down? We really need more time to figure out that that's a poor way to try and win a game?

Come on.

This team IS devoid of talent, but they had all off-season to upgrade the Offensive Line, the WR position, the Defensive Line, and the LB's. Or have we forgotten that?

The key to improving the team is to make smart decisions.
Starting the season off by firing your Offensive Coordinator with 1 week until the opener was a bad decision... And it's hurting this team.

OnTheWarpath15
09-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't expect the team to contend overnight, but playing smart disciplined football isn't much to ask for.

Committing penalties that wipe TD's off the board? We really shouldn't have to wait 4 years for that to change.

Throwing 3-4 yards short of the marker on 3rd Down? We really need more time to figure out that that's a poor way to try and win a game?

Come on.

This team IS devoid of talent, but they had all off-season to upgrade the Offensive Line, the WR position, the Defensive Line, and the LB's. Or have we forgotten that?

This.

DeezNutz
09-27-2009, 05:47 PM

This past off-season doesn't count.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2009, 05:49 PM

whatevah ... all the Chiefs had to do this year is not completely suck. Just not be a complete embarrassment and most people would of been ok with it.

Game 1 - Baltimore

just fine really

Game 2 - Faiders

should of won it if we weren't stupid

Game 3 - philly

Just not totally suck ass

not too much to ask, but it's nice of you to try and blame the fans .............. again.

TheGuardian
09-27-2009, 05:50 PM

Come on.

The key to improving the team is to make smart decisions.
Starting the season off by firing your Offensive Coordinator with 1 week until the opener was a bad decision... And it's hurting this team.

By all means, tell us who it was we were going to get at offensive line, WR, and defensive line this offseason to turn this team around that fast?

Micjones
09-27-2009, 05:50 PM
This past off-season doesn't count.

Why doesn't it count?

chiefzilla1501
09-27-2009, 05:52 PM

they should hire a QB coach this week, just someone to take time with the QB's and watch their footwork.

Do they have a Quality Control coach in charge of the offense? That could help too ... although finding someone right now might be difficult.

I harped on this a while ago too.

Why the fuck they wouldn't have a QBs coach with three young QBs on the roster is beyond me. Haley is doing way too much. And Pioli is sitting back and letting it happen.

It's beyond me. I know I'm going to get crucified for this, but Mike Martz is still on the market and he is one of the best when it comes to coaching quarterbacks. As long as you can convince a guy like him to coach QBs and not question Haley on playcalling... That's sort of a crazy idea, but you could easily find some other quarterbacks coach somewhere out there too.

Smed1065
09-27-2009, 05:54 PM

LOL

tk13

whatevah ... all the Chiefs had to do this year is not completely suck. Just not be a complete embarrassment and most people would of been ok with it.

Game 1 - Baltimore

just fine really

Game 2 - Faiders

should of won it if we weren't stupid

Game 3 - philly

Just not totally suck ass

not too much to ask, but it's nice of you to try and blame the fans .............. again.

It's always the fans fault. Did you see those Seahawks fans today? Some of them actually wore those hideous green colors. And their team almost won. Meanwhile we lost by 20. Need I say more.

DeezNutz
Why doesn't it count?

Because if it did, we might have to ascribe some blame to the "Executive of the Century."

And that's not right, because he's not CP.

kcpasco
I harped on this a while ago too.

Why the **** they wouldn't have a QBs coach with three young QBs on the roster is beyond me. Haley is doing way too much. And Pioli is sitting back and letting it happen.

It's beyond me. I know I'm going to get crucified for this, but Mike Martz is still on the market and he is one of the best when it comes to coaching quarterbacks. As long as you can convince a guy like him to coach QBs and not question Haley on playcalling... That's sort of a crazy idea, but you could easily find some other quarterbacks coach somewhere out there too.

It might be me, but i'm really not seeing a problem at the qb position.

Smed1065
09-27-2009, 05:56 PM
This.

Cause I said so!

Deal with it!

\:banghead:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2009, 06:00 PM
By all means, tell us who it was we were going to get at offensive line, WR, and defensive line this offseason to turn this team around that fast?

Holy fuck....ROFL

Canty, Olshanksky, Jim Leonhard, Jason Brown, Ray Willis.

As far as the draft on OL: Caldwell, Luigs, Robinson, Beatty or Britton (sans Cassel trade), Urbik, Levitre or Unger (sans Cassel), Tupou, the list goes on...

chiefzilla1501
09-27-2009, 06:01 PM
It might be me, but i'm really not seeing a problem at the qb position.

Every minute Haley spends on coaching our young QBs is a minute he should be spending elsewhere--gameplanning. Publicity stuff. Hell, get some sleep. I don't know if I'm alone on this, but he looks exhausted.

Rausch
09-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Haley better start calling up people off the street...

Micjones
09-27-2009, 06:03 PM

Gladly.

Ray Willis would've been a 5 year solution at the RT spot.
Seattle resigned him VERY reasonably.

How about Jason Brown at C?
How about Igor Olshansky at DE?
Greg Ellis at LB?
Houshmanzadeh/Coles at WR?
Michael Boley at LB?
Larry Foote at LB?
How about Justin Miller as a KR/PR?

Don't tell me we couldn't have improved this team. That's utter bullshit.

Rausch
Holy ****....ROFL

Canty, Olshanksky, Jim Leonhard, Jason Brown, Ray Willis.

As far as the draft on OL: Caldwell, Luigs, Robinson, Beatty or Britton (sans Cassel trade), Urbik, Levitre or Unger (sans Cassel), Tupou, the list goes on...

Don't forget that we could have Traded Gonzo + pick/s for someone to contribute this year...

Hootie
great thread

Micjones
09-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Because if it did, we might have to ascribe some blame to the "Executive of the Century."

And that's not right, because he's not CP.

I'm STILL willing to be patient with the new regime, but there's no question that he's already made mistakes.

DeezNutz
09-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm STILL willing to be patient with the new regime, but there's no question that he's already made mistakes.

Completely agree. Some big ones at that...

TheGuardian
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Gladly.

Ray Willis would've been a 5 year solution at the RT spot.
Seattle resigned him VERY reasonably.

How about Jason Brown at C?
How about Igor Olshansky at DE?
Greg Ellis at LB?
Houshmanzadeh/Coles at WR?
Michael Boley at LB?
Larry Foote at LB?
How about Justin Miller as a KR/PR?

Don't tell me we couldn't have improved this team. That's utter bullshit.

Did any of those guys even make it into KC for us to sign?

I'm not going to go look them all up but I know that Brown signed with the Rams, the first team he visited. Foote wanted to go play for Detriot since he's from there.

Second, with a complete overhaul in coaching and front office you can't really expect a team to go all out in FA because they have to come in an evaluate the team they are taking over. I believe we'll be big players in FA next offseason. But I don't think any of the guys above even made it here if they were scheduled. Most guys get the early money in free agency so if you are scheduled second or third and the initial team wants them, they will overpay.

Either way, even with any of those guys this team still wasn't going to fight for a playoff spot or possibly even a winning record. None of those guys are pro bowl type players, which is what we're really lacking. We have role players, we need more pro bowl types.

Micjones
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Completely agree. Some big ones at that...

He's made an effort to right some of them, but the window of opportunity is much much smaller at this point. There simply aren't as many options available to improve this team now.

milkman
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM

Jim Zorn might come free real soon to hire as a QB coach.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Either way, even with any of those guys this team still wasn't going to fight for a playoff spot or possibly even a winning record. None of those guys are pro bowl type players, which is what we're really lacking. We have role players, we need more pro bowl types.

No one was claiming that they were pro bowl players. But they were fairly young, for the most part, and many of them were quite affordable. And they are solid starters. We need some solid starters when half of our starters are 2nd or 3rd string on average, let alone good, teams.

jwhit
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
I agree this team is two years away.... But you people defending Egoli and Haley do realize they came to Kansas City completely convinced they'd win 8 games this year? They went into training camp convinced they'd win 8.

Micjones
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Did any of those guys even make it into KC for us to sign?

I'm not going to go look them all up but I know that Brown signed with the Rams, the first team he visited. Foote wanted to go play for Detriot since he's from there.

The point is that players were available that could've immediately contributed to this football team.

Second, with a complete overhaul in coaching and front office you can't really expect a team to go all out in FA because they have to come in an evaluate the team they are taking over.

Isn't that what gametape is for?

You cannot forego the opportunity to improve your football team because it may not constitute a playoff berth. This team needs some stability. Cassel needs time to throw to grow and mature as a QB. Bowe needs to step into his NFL manhood at WR. You can't undersell the importance of those things because it MIGHT not mean football in February.

Red Coater
09-27-2009, 06:17 PM
I sure hope we sign some good F A this year instead of waiting for the left overs

Marcellus
09-27-2009, 06:17 PM
I agree this team is two years away.... But you people defending Egoli and Haley do realize they came to Kansas City completely convinced they'd win 8 games this year? They went into training camp convinced they'd win 8.

They told you that?

dirk digler
09-27-2009, 06:18 PM

I never heard them say that. Heck I predicted 4-5 wins and right now it is looking like we won't come close to that.

notorious
09-27-2009, 06:19 PM

Unfortunately, it has already been 2-3 years of really bad teams.

booger
09-27-2009, 06:19 PM
jwhit = total assclown

Red Coater
09-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Boy it sure is hard watching a chiefs game with my son. seeing that look of sadness in his face.:shake:

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM

Then they had to have seen the total void of talent on the field once camp started and would have had to come to their senses

tk13
09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
I'd believe that. Dick Vermeil probably wouldn't have took the job if he'd realized just how bad the team he took over was. Probably not much different here. I think it's obvious they probably underestimated the suckitude in certain areas of this team.

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 06:23 PM

Seriously?

I hated nearly every move they made in the offseason, from the draft to ignoring the offensive line to signing free-agent stiffs like Terrance Copper and Zach Thomas.

But if this is truly what they thought (and considering non-roster moves that were made this off-season), it's going to be a long, long time before the Chiefs improve.

Because once again, they're run by idiots.

DeezNutz
09-27-2009, 06:23 PM

If they actually told you that, I hope you responded with, "You're dumb as fuck."

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I'd believe that. Dick Vermeil probably wouldn't have took the job if he'd realized just how bad the team he took over was. Probably not much different here. I think it's obvious they probably underestimated the suckitude in certain areas of this team.

Nonsense.

Vermeil, (who didn't do jackfuckingshit for the Chiefs is is most certainly responsible for this decline) was given assurances that he would be able to hire all of his coaches (the largest staff in the league at the time) AND that they Chiefs would be extremely active in free agency.

BTW, Vermeil's tenure is why the Chiefs currently suck.

WildTurkey
well they probably heard Herm say that we were 85% done with the rebuild and just took his word for it

htismaqe

Turn around what?

The past TWO weeks, this team hasn't been dominated by talent, they've been killed by STUPID mistakes and penalties.

According to Pioli and Haley, it's about assembling a group of guys that do it the right way.

These guys aren't doing it the right way.

petegz28
If they actually told you that, I hope you responded with, "You're dumb as ****."

What do you expect managment to say? "We are going to suck royally"???

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 06:26 PM

Are you fucking kidding me?

Mr. Laz
oh shut the hell up, dumbass.

petegz28
Turn around what?

The past TWO weeks, this team hasn't been dominated by talent, they've been killed by STUPID mistakes and penalties.

According to Pioli and Haley, it's about assembling a group of guys that do it the right way.

This is about the only legit argument against Haley right now. Imo.

Chieficus
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Boy it sure is hard watching a chiefs game with my son. seeing that look of sadness in his face.:shake:

That's why God created college football--to give us the opportunity to find at least one football team we can cheer for that doesn't give us that look of sadness... :)

I don't know... unless you're just completely oblivious, I think it would have been hard to underestimate the suckitude of any aspect of this team after Herm's tenure.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Turn around what?

That's because the "Patriot Way" and "The Right 53" is about falling into Tom Brady.

Micjones
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Turn around what?

QFT.

tk13
09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Nonsense.

Vermeil, (who didn't do jack****ingshit for the Chiefs is is most certainly responsible for this decline) was given assurances that he would be able to hire all of his coaches (the largest staff in the league at the time) AND that they Chiefs would be extremely active in free agency.

You are absolutely wrong. Trust me on this one. Dick Vermeil said in his first season if he knew how bad the situation was he might have reconsidered taking the job. He had to gut the roster and we had millions in dead cap space due to crap like Dan Williams.

But I don't disagree with the rest of it... we knew what we were doing... Carl thought it was his last chance to get a ring and he was willing to go all out to do it. And we paid for it.

DeezNutz
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM
What do you expect managment to say? "We are going to suck royally"???

What's said behind closed doors, off the record, should be a hell of a lot different from what's said publicly.

But, the bigger problem, is that anyone who looked at this roster and saw 8 wins was fooling himself. And that's pretty scary when we're talking about the Executive of the Century.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM

I would disagree with that, Parker.

Today we were flat dominated across the board, talent-wise. Not. Even. Close.

petegz28
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM
What's said behind closed doors, off the record, should be a hell of a lot different from what's said publicly.

But, the bigger problem, is that anyone who looked at this roster and saw 8 wins was fooling himself. And that's pretty scary when we're talking about the Executive of the Century.

How do you know that is what he really said? You just said what is said behind closed doors should be different then publicly.

For all you know Pioli knew we would suck this year.

ChiefGator
http://i38.tinypic.com/nywrdf.jpg

Never go full retard...

htismaqe
This is about the only legit argument against Haley right now. Imo.

I don't know that it's the ONLY legit argument, but it's definitely the most obvious. And inexcusable.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 06:33 PM

This.... we have no game changers right now.... no playmakers... Bowe and Flowers are about it.... and that's being generous

dirk digler
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
You are absolutely wrong. Trust me on this one. Dick Vermeil said in his first season if he knew how bad the situation was he might have reconsidered taking the job. He had to gut the roster and we had millions in dead cap space due to crap like Dan Williams.

But I don't disagree with the rest of it... we knew what we were doing... Carl thought it was his last chance to get a ring and he was willing to go all out to do it. And we paid for it.

You are correct tk. I remember DV saying that.

htismaqe

OK, maybe what I said was a bit extreme. But it's not completely untrue.

This game would have looked alot like the Baltimore game if it hadn't been for the penalties.

DaneMcCloud

Why am I going to trust you? Your "argument" doesn't even make any sense considering the fact that the Chiefs paid Trent Green like a franchise QB, signed Priest Holmes, Casey Weigmann and others.

Besides that, I don't give a fuck. I said it then and I'll saw it now:

That old man ruined this franchise.

DeezNutz
How do you know that is what he really said? You just said what is said behind closed doors should be different then publicly.

For all you know Pioli knew we would suck this year.

Are you kidding me?

I was responding to Whitlock's post about them being convinced, and that's why I said *IF* they told you this, you should have said, X.

DeezNutz
09-27-2009, 06:35 PM
This.... we have no game changers right now.... no playmakers... Bowe and Flowers are about it.... and that's being generous

I hope like fuck that our new QB falls in this category...

DaneMcCloud
You are correct tk. I remember DV saying that.

If Dick Vermeil said that after we fucking traded for Trent Green and spent two draft choices on that stupid old fuck, he should have been fired on the spot.

He was paid $3.5 million dollars per year for 5 years and accomplished NOTHING.

Raptor

Probably so. But the sad thing is, that means we've lost before we've even hit the field if we're prepared to stop trying. If the concern is in getting your starter hurt, give the backups a shot instead of mailing it in.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2009, 06:36 PM
I hope like fuck that our new QB falls in this category...

We could have lost 50-0....instead it was 34-14...game changer!

Red Coater
honestly. if Clark gave Herm one more year do you think we would be better or worse this season? And who do you guys think they would have drafted? Dont be assholes its just a question. With Cassel and TG on the team

DeezNutz

Yes, he did. And CP gets equal blame for standing by and allowing it to happen.

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
honestly. if Clark gave Herm one more year do you think we would be better or worse these season? And who do you guys think they would have drafted? Dont be assholes its just a question.

STFU

Sweet Daddy Hate

ROFL I laugh because it's so sad.

I like it when Keitzman says "Pioli went out and got the best QB available".

ROFLOh look; another sadness laugh!

DeezNutz
We could have lost 50-0....instead it was 34-14...game changer!

Vegas has to account for this when setting next week's line.

Will it be +14.5 or +16?

The Cassel factor.

notorious
09-27-2009, 06:39 PM
That's because the "Patriot Way" and "The Right 53" is about falling into Tom Brady.

That is the end of all discussions when it comes to "The Patriot Way". Their drafting wasn't that great, and their defense was decent.

The Ace card that the Pats got was Tom Brady. Without him they don't win a ****ing thing and fall into football history as just another team.

DeezNutz
honestly. if Clark gave Herm one more year do you think we would be better or worse these season? And who do you guys think they would have drafted? Dont be assholes its just a question.

We probably would have drafted a QB because Herm loved excuses and passing blame, and nothing gives a free pass like a rookie QB.

In short, we would have gotten the right thing for the franchise for all the wrong reasons.

Vintage Herm.

WildTurkey
I hope like **** that our new QB falls in this category...

I do too.... but he's working with nothing out there.... Bobby Wade was the best receiver out there.... Albert is about it on the O-line and he is struggling... Cassel was a game changer by not getting killed out there... Hell Brady or Manning would have done just as bad with the talent around him

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2009, 06:40 PM
That is the end of all discussions when it comes to "The Patriot Way". Their drafting wasn't that great, and their defense was decent.

The Ace card that the Pats got was Tom Brady. Without him they don't win a ****ing thing and fall into football history as just another team.

If it makes you feel any better, they basically had to taze Dick Rehbein to get him to stop bitching at them to draft Brady, as they had him rated the same as Tim Rattay.

dirk digler
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM
If Dick Vermeil said that after we fucking traded for Trent Green and spent two draft choices on that stupid old fuck, he should have been fired on the spot.

He was paid $3.5 million dollars per year for 5 years and accomplished NOTHING.

He did say it. Right after he was hired.

Here is part of the article but you have to pay for the rest apparently since it is archived

(http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-70238898.html)http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-70238898.html

Depth of Chiefs' cap problems finally striking Vermeil.

KANSAS CITY _ Dick Vermeil knew some about the Chiefs' salary-cap problems upon becoming head coach last month.

He didn't understand the depth of those problems until recently. Vermeil acknowledged Friday that the Chiefs are about $31 million over a 2001 salary cap that should be about $68 million per club.

The Chiefs have almost three weeks, until March 2, to get there.

That $31 million gulf isn't enough to get Vermeil to flee his new job and return to the life of retirement on his Pennsylvania farm. But it has been a strong dose of reality.

"I'd say it is," Vermeil said. "I'd rather it not be this way. We have people here that are ...

tk13
09-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Why am I going to trust you? Your "argument" doesn't even make any sense considering the fact that the Chiefs paid Trent Green like a franchise QB, signed Priest Holmes, Casey Weigmann and others.

Besides that, I don't give a ****. I said it then and I'll saw it now:

Uh, don't believe me then. Like I give a crap. Boo hoo. You're nuts. He didn't realize just how bad our cap situation was and how much needed to be done on both sides of the ball. That's his own fault, but still. No reason to go nuts over it with a mental imbalance.

Chieficus
09-27-2009, 06:43 PM

Really, if you want to take it back I think it goes to Shotty's last couple of years. It seemed like he wanted to get the playoff monkey off his back so bad there were some questionable moves. Then Gunther came in and wasn't terrible but just wasn't good either--those years were the definition of mediocre and ended with the DT tragedy.

Dick just continued the slide by coming in and interjecting a major spark into the offense at the expense of the defense (he put some tasty icing on a mud pie--it gave hope then ripped the rug from under our feet). Then Herm came in and just completely blew it up by making the offense as bad as the defense.

'97 was probably the last time the team as a whole even remotely looked good.

WildTurkey
09-27-2009, 06:44 PM

This..... dont forget he picked LJ over Polamalu... :shake:

notorious
09-27-2009, 06:44 PM
If it makes you feel any better, they basically had to taze Dick Rehbein to get him to stop bitching at them to draft Brady, as they had him rated the same as Tim Rattay.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better, but I am getting tired of hearing about Pioli being a GM God. He has a few years to prove whether he is great or just another GM.

If it's all about getting lucky on a late round pick again, then we better not hold our breath.

Red Coater
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
We probably would have drafted a QB because Herm loved excuses and passing blame, and nothing gives a free pass like a rookie QB.

In short, we would have gotten the right thing for the franchise for all the wrong reasons.

Vintage Herm.

Do you think we would have been better?

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
He did say it. Right after he was hired.

[url="http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-70238898.html"]

Dirk, thanks but I don't give a fuck. It changes nothing, other than the fact that he was even a bigger fucking baby than I previously thought.

dirk digler
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Dirk, thanks but I don't give a fuck. It changes nothing, other than the fact that he was even a bigger fucking baby than I previously thought.

The point is Carl fucked us before DV got here and they both continued to fuck us and still are fucking us.

Hopefully the fucking will stop soon my ass is really sore

Iowanian
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Games like these hurt me alot less than ones like last week, where I go in with little expectation, they play good enough to win, have a chance with 2 minutes left and poop down their leg. Those are the ones that make my Bad Girlfriend a real whore in my mind.

This week, I pretty much knew she was going to a gangbang in Philly.

At least Chief fans won't have to wait for Detroit and Oakland to Pick first in each round this year.

BigRock
09-27-2009, 06:54 PM

I'm no writer by any means, but this topic seems better served for a column in late July, rather than a post on a message board at the end of September.

Iowanian
09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't know what the coaches and Pioli expected. I know if they don't win 2 games Haley is going to look like an asshole.

I think the thing they underestimated was exactly how shitty the offensive line really is this year. Improved line play would make the entire team look better. That's why they have to keep the offense so vanilla imo...there isn't time for complex routes to develop, there isn't time for a 5 step drop vs a legit Dline.

chiefzilla1501
09-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Nonsense.

Vermeil, (who didn't do jack****ingshit for the Chiefs is is most certainly responsible for this decline) was given assurances that he would be able to hire all of his coaches (the largest staff in the league at the time) AND that they Chiefs would be extremely active in free agency.

It's about time someone except me said it.

Though I don't blame it on Vermeil as much as I blame it on Peterson. Peterson fucked up by giving in to Vermeil, and then he fucked it up after Vermeil left by trying to limp on for 2 more years trying to win with Vermeil's washed-up players.

I just don't understand when coaches get blamed for personnel mistakes the front office makes.

chiefzilla1501
09-27-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't know what the coaches and Pioli expected. I know if they don't win 2 games Haley is going to look like an asshole.

I think the thing they underestimated was exactly how shitty the offensive line really is this year. Improved line play would make the entire team look better. That's why they have to keep the offense so vanilla imo...there isn't time for complex routes to develop, there isn't time for a 5 step drop vs a legit Dline.

This is what bothers me.

It's not like they didn't have tons of videotape. It's not like they didn't have the entire OTAs, training camp, and preseason to assess what they have.

How they didn't know that the offensive line sucked is beyond me.

seaofred
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Ever think in OTA, and training camp the O-line looked good because they were going against our D. By the preseason it was too late.

gta0012
09-27-2009, 07:20 PM
I have a feeling that this team will be more Hailey's team next year then it is this year.

TheGuardian
09-27-2009, 07:20 PM
The point is that players were available that could've immediately contributed to this football team.

No the point is you can't sign a guy that never makes it into town. I'm still waiting on people to tell me who it is we could have signed that would have made this team a 2-1 team right now???? A realistic signing. In other words, he was out there but we never even invited him in.

Iowanian
09-27-2009, 07:21 PM
This is what bothers me.

It's not like they didn't have tons of videotape. It's not like they didn't have the entire OTAs, training camp, and preseason to assess what they have.

They did bring in a C that had started for a couple of seasons, a veteran OG and drafted what they thought was a RT. I guess they whiffed on Goff and Ghey-check....and probably Brown.

As much cap room as the team has this year....and next year....They'd better spend money and make a legit run at LEAST 2 solid Olinemen....and draft the hell out of them.

OnTheWarpath15
09-27-2009, 07:22 PM
This is what bothers me.

You would have thought that a 2-14 record and going through 3 QB's would have sent up a HUGE red flag...

chiefzilla1501
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
No the point is you can't sign a guy that never makes it into town. I'm still waiting on people to tell me who it is we could have signed that would have made this team a 2-1 team right now???? A realistic signing. In other words, he was out there but we never even invited him in.

I don't care about being a 2-1 team.

I care about using this season as a foundation to get better.

And when you have to throw away 95% of your playbook because your offensive line sucks balls, and you force your defense to play out of position as they transist into a 3-4, you don't learn a damn thing.

There are a handful of players that are learning anything this season that will help us in the future. Tyson Jackson, our secondary, and Demorrio and DJ. The rest are forced into playing in a bastardized system because the Chiefs completely neglected their talent.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
You would have thought that a 2-14 record and going through 3 QB's would have sent up a HUGE red flag...

This.

DaWolf
09-27-2009, 07:30 PM

And when you have to throw away 95% of your playbook because your offensive line sucks balls, and you force your defense to play out of position as they transist into a 3-4, you don't learn a damn thing.

There are a handful of players that are learning anything this season that will help us in the future. Tyson Jackson, our secondary, and Demorrio and DJ. The rest are forced into playing in a bastardized system because the Chiefs completely neglected their talent.

Well the 4-3 wasn't getting us anywhere either. Denver and Green Bay both went 3-4 and are enjoying success with it. Denver and Green Bay also hired guys who know their **** when it comes to the 3-4, while we did not. So that might have a big thing to do with it. I suspect we'd be a bit better on D if Crennel had been convinced to come out here. But we essentially lack talent for either the 3-4 or 4-3...

Simply Red
09-27-2009, 07:30 PM
I wonder if there were any Passion Parties in Philly last night?

I thought about that too, lol, it was a different team, same state and same ass-whoopin', though...

TheGuardian
09-27-2009, 07:32 PM

And until you get personnel in that will improve the offensive line you have to play with the hand you were dealt. We aren't going win this season. Everyone should have buckled down for that.

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
The point is Carl fucked us before DV got here and they both continued to fuck us and still are fucking us.

Hopefully the fucking will stop soon my ass is really sore

So?

IMO, Pioli hasn't done much to improve this team, at all, since taking over.

chiefzilla1501
09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Well the 4-3 wasn't getting us anywhere either. Denver and Green Bay both went 3-4 and are enjoying success with it. Denver and Green Bay also hired guys who know their **** when it comes to the 3-4, while we did not. So that might have a big thing to do with it. I suspect we'd be a bit better on D if Crennel had been convinced to come out here. But we essentially lack talent for either the 3-4 or 4-3...

The difference is that Denver has players at key defensive positions that they expect to be there in a few years. We brought in Vrabel, Hali seems more like a stopgap than a guy they'll bank on, and Tank sure as hell won't be our nose tackle a few years from now. The Chiefs committed to a 3-4, and yet they barely brought in any players that they expect to play in this defense long-term.

The one thing the Chiefs could have gotten out of this season is to develop the hell out of Matt Cassel. And he won't be able to do it with this bastardized offense we are forced to run. It was a huge whiff on Pioli's part not to surround him with better pass protectors.

chiefzilla1501
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
And until you get personnel in that will improve the offensive line you have to play with the hand you were dealt. We aren't going win this season. Everyone should have buckled down for that.

That is what everybody is saying.

There weren't any silver bullets in free agency or the draft. But there were plenty of players out there who would have made this offensive line better. And yet Pioli sat on his hands, brought in a reject center and a guard in Goff who, in his defense, nobody expected to be this bad.

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 07:35 PM

I don't think there's ANYONE with even a grasp or shred of reasoning that thought the Chiefs would win. No way.

But to LOSE like they've been losing is just flat-out unacceptable.

I didn't expect them to score many points due to the receivers and offensive line.

I didn't expect any improvement from a defense that ranked 31st overall last year.

But, what I expected was a tough, disciplined, smart football team that lacked game-changing playmakers on both sides of the ball and not nearly enough talent to win more than two games.

Outside of Baltimore (which just may have been a mirage), all we've seen is an undisciplined bad football team from top to bottom.

stevieray
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM

unacceptable? you gonna put them in time out?

TheGuardian
09-27-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't think there's ANYONE with even a grasp or shred of reasoning that thought the Chiefs would win. No way.

I didn't expect them to score many points due to the receivers and offensive line.

I didn't expect any improvement from a defense that ranked 31st overall last year.

But, what I expected was a tough, disciplined, smart football team that lacked game-changing playmakers on both sides of the ball and not nearly enough talent to win more than two games.

Outside of Baltimore (which just may have been a mirage), all we've seen is an undisciplined bad football team from top to bottom.

The run defense has improved by leaps and bounds. Might not sound like much, but that's a pretty big foundation staple for building a consistent winner.

I think there are several issues right now. Namely Cassel was out for 3 weeks and to me, still looks like he has no timing with his WR's. Seeing how we haven't had much consistency at that position it doesn't surprise me. The line has been shaky to say the least, and Cassel is still prolly not 100% with that leg. And this is a new offense and even good offenses can be behind sometimes early in the season.

IMO this team will look much better by the end of the season. That's my hope. After mid-season I think they will start rounding into some sort of form through identity. Right now, this team doesn't have one. When they figure that out, they'll get better fast.

Simply Red
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM

that's really great, jwhit.

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 07:50 PM
The run defense has improved by leaps and bounds. Might not sound like much, but that's a pretty big foundation staple for building a consistent winner.

I don't agree with that statement. The Ravens ran all over the Chiefs. The Raiders chose not to run and instead decided they'd let Russell pretend to be an NFL QB (7/24). Philly's never been a running team, opting for 60/40, Pass-To-Run ratio. Next week will be the true test.

I think there are several issues right now. Namely Cassel was out for 3 weeks and to me, still looks like he has no timing with his WR's. Seeing how we haven't had much consistency at that position it doesn't surprise me. The line has been shaky to say the least, and Cassel is still prolly not 100% with that leg. And this is a new offense and even good offenses can be behind sometimes early in the season.

IMO this team will look much better by the end of the season. That's my hope. After mid-season I think they will start rounding into some sort of form through identity. Right now, this team doesn't have one. When they figure that out, they'll get better fast.

The offensive line has been awful for years and was not addressed. The WR position wasn't really addressed until after week one. I get Cassel is essentially a n00b.

But, that does not excuse the stupid penalties and poor play calling. That's on Haley.

jsmax
09-27-2009, 08:04 PM
There is only so much the offense can do, and maybe Haley realized that today and didn't yell at the players when the problem is his/Pioli's fault. Nor is it really Cassel's or the Defense (They are simply on the field to long).

Let's face it, this team had 2 recievers, 1 of them got traded (Gonzalez) and the other was out injured today (Bowe). The rest of the receiver corp wouldn't start on a good college team. The other reality is the OL. So, it boils down to is Cassel has an average of 2 to 2.5 secs to get rid of the ball to a group of receivers that can't get open or catch the ball when they can manage to get open.

TheGuardian
09-27-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't agree with that statement. The Ravens ran all over the Chiefs. The Raiders chose not to run and instead decided they'd let Russell pretend to be an NFL QB (7/24). Philly's never been a running team, opting for 60/40, Pass-To-Run ratio. Next week will be the true test.

i don't care if you agree. The stats bear it out. The run defense was actually doing fine against the ravens until the offense put them back on the field over and over again. And the YPC is still below 4 (I believe) so the fact is, the run defense is better. And the Raiders did try to run the ball. I'm not going to rehash that stupid ass argument.

The offensive line has been awful for years and was not addressed. The WR position wasn't really addressed until after week one. I get Cassel is essentially a n00b.

But, that does not excuse the stupid penalties and poor play calling. That's on Haley.

Penalties go on players. Poor play calling, or what seems to be poor play calling, can be a result of coaches having a lack of confidence in players. You can't have your cake and eat it too you know? If you know the offensive line is bad, you can't call 7 step drop plays from the quarterback now can you? No.

The offensive line has been bad, but there wasn't anyone there in FA this year that was going to turn that group around.

Skip Towne
09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
I tend to believe Haley thought he could win 8 games this year. That 22 guys off the street comment kinda confirms it. I just don't like that little prick.

TEX
09-27-2009, 08:11 PM
There is only so much the offense can do, and maybe Haley realized that today and didn't yell at the players when the problem is his/Pioli's fault. Nor is it really Cassel's or the Defense (They are simply on the field to long).

Let's face it, this team had 2 recievers, 1 of them got traded (Gonzalez) and the other was out injured today (Bowe). The rest of the receiver corp wouldn't start on a good college team. The other reality is the OL. So, it boils down to is Cassel has an average of 2 to 2.5 secs to get rid of the ball to a group of receivers that can't get open or catch the ball when they can manage to get open.

Yep. The team as a whole does not look like it even belongs in the NFL. The reason is because many of the players don't. This is year 3 of total suckage and there still are so many problems everywhere that it's gonna be awhile before the Chiefs can even compete. The situation just blows. :shake:

Hammock Parties
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I tend to believe Haley thought he could win 8 games this year. That 22 guys off the street comment kinda confirms it. I just don't like that little prick.

Standing up and taking the blame in the post-game press conference makes him less of a prick than Herm.

TEX
09-27-2009, 08:16 PM

Yep. He came in "talking the talk" and if he fails, we all lose. I hoped that he would be the second coming of Sean Payton. Who knows how it's gonna turn out? It could all be good one day, but thus far, he and Pioli look like they both have a lot to learn.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Standing up and taking the blame in the post-game press conference makes him less of a prick than Herm.

Hell I love him more than ever now.

Skip Towne
09-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Did anyone see what Michael Strahan said about hardass coaches and their little rules on the Fox pregame show this morning? He said the players start fighting those rules instead of fighting the other teams. If strict discipline was all it took to win football games, Army and Navy would have the best college teams in the nation. Haley needs to drop his drill sergeant act.

mdstu
09-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Did anyone see what Michael Strahan said about hardass coaches and their little rules on the Fox pregame show this morning? He said the players start fighting those rules instead of fighting the other teams. If strict discipline was all it took to win football games, Army and Navy would have the best college teams in the nation. Haley needs to drop his drill sergeant act.

Tell that to Tiki Barber, he will agree with you.

Reerun_KC
09-27-2009, 08:40 PM

Good ****ing grief.

God damn you!

:banghead:

Leave me alone!

htismaqe
09-27-2009, 08:41 PM

Haley did a much better job keeping his emotions in check today.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't understand all the meltdowns. I thought most in here knew this team was a couple of years away from being a winning team? But no, we have threads about how Haley has lost the team after game 3 of his first year here and such. Unreal.

This team is so devoid of talent it's painful to watch. Cassel may be a great quarterback, but we won't know for sure until the guy can actually drop back and set his feet for a pass. The play calling today spoke volumes that Haley doesn't trust his offensive line to protect Cassel or anyone else that lines up behind that wall of doom. For all the talk about how Larry Johnson can't get to the hole, that's retarded, seeing how the guy gets hit in the backfield on almost every play. What hole is it he's supposed to get to.

Albert seems to be having some sophomore slump, Waters is a shell, and Niswanger is WITHOUT A DOUBT the single worst center I've watched in my entire life at ANY level. Niswanger, I can't figure out for the life of me, is still starting. Every week it pains me to watch him play with poor leverage and even poorer strength at the point. He can't drive block, can't pass protect, has NO feet (we're talking about a center here not a left tackle!). Getting a better center should be the #1 offensive priority this offseason IMO. Until the center of that line gets fixed the whole line will look awful.

Anyway, it will take at minimum next offseason signing a buttload of free agents, and a good draft in order just to make this team semi competitive. I'm talking 6-10 to 8-8. And that's with an offensive line overhaul.

So I don't get the chicken little/sky is falling bit. People should have known going into this season that this team would struggle. When Haley gets some more talent on both sides of the ball things will get better (obvious statement I know).

In the meantime, this team will struggle. Just be prepared for a long losing season.

Great post! Glad there are some folks here that get it. Todd is a good coach. He just has to get through this season.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM
i don't care if you agree. The stats bear it out. The run defense was actually doing fine against the ravens until the offense put them back on the field over and over again. And the YPC is still below 4 (I believe) so the fact is, the run defense is better. And the Raiders did try to run the ball. I'm not going to rehash that stupid ass argument.

I thought you were supposed to be "smart" when it comes to football?

If a team you face chooses not to run, then of course your run stats are going to look good.

As I said earlier, if the Chiefs hold the Giants run game in check, I'll have a different opinion.

Until then...

Skip Towne
09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Tell that to Tiki Barber, he will agree with you.

I know you have to give a new coach time to implement his system but Haley rubbed me the wrong way from the get go. He probably didn't know he inherited the worst O line in the history of football when he treated Waters like a stepchild with his big mouth. Haley is a n00b who has done nothing and needs to learn that hardass stuff is for proven coaches like Belechick and Parcells. He looks like a fool at this point.

htismaqe
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
I know you have to give a new coach time to implement his system but Haley rubbed me the wrong way from the get go. He probably didn't know he inherited the worst O line in the history of football when he treated Waters like a stepchild with is big mouth. Haley s a n00b who has done nothing and needs to learn that hardass stuff is for proven coaches like Belechick and Parcells. He looks like a fool at this point.

What exactly has Waters done?

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Great post!

Great post? Where the fuck have you been since January when me, OTWP58, Deeznuts, Hamas, ChiefsCountry and Milkman have been saying the same fucking thing without even the NEED to see this team on the field?

Nothing that has transpired this season has been a surprise except for the fact that the Chiefs are as undisciplined as ever.

Reerun_KC
09-27-2009, 08:50 PM
What exactly has Waters done?

Besides cry like a 3$ bitch? :shrug:

Who the Fuck is Waters and why should the new coach and GM give a fuck?

RippedmyFlesh
09-27-2009, 08:50 PM
if the Chiefs hold the Giants run game in check, ...

I'll party like its 1999

Reerun_KC
09-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Great post? Where the **** have you been since January when me, OTWP58, Deeznuts, Hamas, ChiefsCountry and Milkman have been saying the same ****ing thing without even the NEED to see this team on the field?

Nothing that has transpired this season has been a surprise except for the fact that the Chiefs are as undisciplined as ever.

Its going to take more than one offseason and 3 games to fix stupid...

Yes Stupid has been full blown at One Arrowhead Dr for many years, 3 years of Epic Fail take alot of time to fix.

DaneMcCloud
09-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Its going to take more than one offseason and 3 games to fix stupid...

Yes Stupid has been full blown at One Arrowhead Dr for many years, 3 years of Epic Fail take alot of time to fix.

Bullshit.

You can stop with the Herm Bullshit because there's nary a few of his players left on the roster.

Offsides, face-masks, etc. are the signs of a sloppy, undisciplined team, not the of "stupid" players. Especially when it's more than one guy committing the penalties.

chiefsfan1963
09-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Great post? Where the fuck have you been since January when me, OTWP58, Deeznuts, Hamas, ChiefsCountry and Milkman have been saying the same fucking thing without even the NEED to see this team on the field?

I've been here telling it like it is. I knew all this would happen right after our draft and we said goodbye to TG.

I'm not panicking I'm just waiting for 2010. Todd will be a good coach.
Posted via Mobile Device

boogblaster
09-27-2009, 09:04 PM
We can't block and can't cover .. It will be a long season, I'm afraid ...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Bullshit.

You can stop with the Herm Bullshit because there's nary a few of his players left on the roster.

Offsides, face-masks, etc. are the signs of a sloppy, undisciplined team, not the of "stupid" players. Especially when it's more than one guy committing the penalties.

Yep, it's the break down of discipline that is the most infuriating aspect of this team. We got EXACTLY what I expected in Baltimore, and I expected us to play just like that with the better teams in the league; we probably wouldn't win, but we would keep the penalties low, and capitalize on as many errors as possible that the other team might commit.

We've still got plenty of season to go, but so far Baltimore is looking like fluke unless you want to get in to a QB controversy.

Which I don't.

mdstu
09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
I know you have to give a new coach time to implement his system but Haley rubbed me the wrong way from the get go. He probably didn't know he inherited the worst O line in the history of football when he treated Waters like a stepchild with his big mouth. Haley is a n00b who has done nothing and needs to learn that hardass stuff is for proven coaches like Belechick and Parcells. He looks like a fool at this point.

I have not seen any proof that this team has quit because the coach is a hard ass. I have seen proof that this O-line is absolutely awful though.

KCChiefsFan88
09-27-2009, 09:58 PM
In fairness to Haley the Chiefs were competitive the first 2 games and had a chance to win both of those games deep into the fourth quarter (the fact they had a chance to beat Baltimore on the road with Croyle starting at QB is looking more and more impressive).

Skip Towne
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
In fairness to Haley the Chiefs were competitive the first 2 games and had a chance to win both of those games deep into the fourth quarter (the fact they had a chance to beat Baltimore on the road with Croyle starting at QB is looking more and more impressive).

We didn't have any chance to beat Baltimore. We got kicked all over the field. Due to a couple of fluke plays we managed to get close with 2 minutes to go and still lost by 2 touchdowns.