PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs/Giants Comparison: Defense

Rain Man
09-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Next up: let's see how the Giants stack up against the Red Menace.

Bowser
09-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Is a poll necessary for this one?

Bowser
09-27-2009, 07:38 PM
I took Colquitt, lol

Rain Man
09-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Based on early voting, it's not looking like a good matchup on the front seven.

Spott
09-27-2009, 07:40 PM
I took Colquitt, lol

I only took Colquitt, too. One thing is for sure, KC is an expert at punting.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Why is Justin Tuck not on here?

Spott
09-27-2009, 07:42 PM

He was injured last week.

Red Coater
09-27-2009, 07:44 PM
:deevee:Wow we are going to get B***h slapped next sunday:deevee:

Rain Man
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM

They were listing him behind Barry Cofield. Must be the injury or something, I don't know.

Mecca
09-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Since Tuck is probably going to play against us he should get listed I'd think...

Kenny Phillips and Aaron Ross being hurt makes their secondary very blah outside of Corey Webster who is a top flight CB.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Since Tuck is probably going to play against us he should get listed I'd think...

Kenny Phillips and Aaron Ross being hurt makes their secondary very blah outside of Corey Webster who is a top flight CB.

pretty sure we don't need to vote to know that justin tuck is better than uh, whoever the chiefs defensive ends are. ever since jared allen left i can't really remember any of their names.

Dylan
09-27-2009, 08:56 PM
They were listing him behind Barry Cofield. Must be the injury or something, I don't know.

Tuck played -- the def. really didn't need him. Tuck's replacement Kiwanuka had a good game. Kiwi hit Leftwich as he released a pass that was INT by Terrell Thomas -- honestly, I was happy to see Leftwich get up.

Ross' replacement Terrell Thomas had a really good game. I think he had two INT

Dylan
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
:deevee:Wow we are going to get B***h slapped next sunday:deevee:

No you're not -- The Giants can look good one week and collapse the next. --Chiefs are just as much as a threat to the Giants...

Did the Eagles blitz every play?-- that's their game plan -- and the lifeblood of the team . They have depth in def. The Eagles keep rotating the players in and out of the game...

The Eagles lost some Giant killers -- DAWKINS, Buckhalter, Runyont, Tra, Lito Sheppard -- LJ Smith (TE). Overall, they still have Paterson, Bunkley, who are great at stuffing the run -- Cole, Parker, Howard, Mikail (sp?) Brown, Gaither etc, etc-- Giants are screwed... lol

The Eagles plan this season is to run the ball -- how did that go?

Dylan
09-27-2009, 10:18 PM

Mecca, the whole team could be blah... lol

Skip Towne
09-27-2009, 10:20 PM
You don't know that -- The Giants can look good one week and collapse the next. --Chiefs are just as much as a threat to the Giants...

Were the Eagles blitzing on every play?-- that's the game plan and the lifeblood of the team . They have depth in def. They just keep rotating in and out of the game...

The Eagles lost some Giant killers -- DAWKINS, Buckhalter, Runyont, Tra, Lito Sheppard -- LJ Smith (TE). Overall, they still have Paterson, Bunkley, who are great at stuffing the run -- Cole, Parker, Howard, Mikail (sp?) Brown, Gaither-- Giants are screwed... lol

The Eagles plan this season is to run the ball -- how did that go?

You're amazing.

09-28-2009, 12:05 AM
You're amazing.

Did you get a woody reading that, old timer?

09-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Mecca, the whole team could be blah... lol

Mecca would find flaws in the 85 Bears defense...he probably over analyzes every bowel movement he has too...lol..it still wouldnt help the fact that he has no job..

Tribal Warfare
09-28-2009, 12:13 AM
KC's defense are going get assraped like an alterboy at the Vatican

teedubya
09-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Who in the NFL home office HATES the Chiefs? This opening schedule is sooo brutal.

09-28-2009, 12:16 AM
KC's defense going get assraped like an alterboy at the Vatican

I watch the Giants every week. lol..they were awful against the Cowboys and won the game. I think the Chiefs have a chance..then again, I havent really seen the Chiefs this year other than the Ravens game.

The Giants secondary got slammed with injuries.

CoMoChief
09-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Seriously? Here's a GIANT clue:

One Defense gets to the QB and has won a SB, one is towards the bottom of the NFL in giving up yards.

CoMoChief
09-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Who in the NFL home office HATES the Chiefs? This opening schedule is sooo brutal.

Dick Vermeil, is that you?

Ultra Peanut
09-28-2009, 06:49 AM
lol

Dylan
09-29-2009, 12:44 AM
I watch the Giants every week. lol..they were awful against the Cowboys and won the game. I think the Chiefs have a chance..then again, I havent really seen the Chiefs this year other than the Ravens game.

The Giants secondary got slammed with injuries.

I agree. The Giants defense had a lackluster game against the Cowboys. The season opened with two division games against their rivals. The Giants came into this season with eight starters inactive.

With NT Jay Alford and SS Kenny Rogers on injured reserve, and eleven players inactive. There would be an opportunity to test the depth they have at every line position. Including a limited number of players that were signed off the waiver wire and had a week to get ready. The starters should be back either this week or next.

The news story deemed most important in my opinion.
Right tackle, Kareem McKenzie was replaced by rookie Will Beatty. Rich Seubert was replaced by Kevin Boothe and Guy Whimper on Guard. Beatty moved to left tackle, Guy Whimper played right tackle and Boothe stayed at guard. Shaun O'Hara and Chris Snee played in position.

Regarding the secondary. Perhaps you may have noticed a number of interceptions by the secondary this season. C.C. Brown started at free safety for Kenny Phillips, Bruce Johnson rookie free agent started at corner for Aaron Ross, Terrell Thomas a second year player made his debut at corner, opened the season against Washington. Thomas had his first interception, when Leftwich threw a long ball down to the 30 yard line. There are others -- But I don't know their names.