Buck
09-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Current Records:

Broncos: 3-0
Chargers: 2-1
Raiders: 1-2
Chiefs: 0-3

Not at all the start many predicted.

How do you think the season is going to play out?

Quesadilla Joe
09-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Denver wins the division. That is all I am predicting.

kcpasco
09-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Either the Chargers or Broncos are gonna win this division at 8-8 or 9-7

doomy3
09-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Chiefs 13-3
Chargers 8-8
Raiders 4-12
Broncos 3-13

listopencil
09-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Chancos 9-7
Chieders 5-11

Buck
09-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Denver wins the division. That is all I am predicting.

All I'm predicting is that after 7 games, the Broncos will be 3-4

kcpasco
09-27-2009, 11:48 PM

Don't even try, he thinks he's got a 14-2 team

RealSNR
09-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Still going with the Chargers

CrazyPhuD
09-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs
Broncos

WildTurkey
09-28-2009, 01:06 AM
If the Chargers don't win it this year... than everyone in their front office and coaching staff should be canned.... they are by far the class of the division

TinyEvel
09-28-2009, 01:10 AM
This is like asking whether I'd rather have shit in my hair or piss in my ears.

DaneMcCloud
09-28-2009, 01:38 AM

Dude, it would take you weeks to get all of that shit out of your hair.

Better go with the urine.

:evil:

Mile High Mania
09-28-2009, 04:19 AM
It's ok Buckin, the Chargers are still going to win the division...

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-28-2009, 04:24 AM
I'm predicting the AFCW sucks so bad that Goodell bans any of the four from the playoffs.

Quesadilla Joe
09-28-2009, 08:40 AM

The Chargers are not better than Denver. They have been overrated ever since Norv took over. You guys have had an easy schedule so far and could very easily be 0-3

Garcia Bronco
09-28-2009, 08:57 AM

4 straight with a bye week? I'll take that bet. What would be the stakes?

MMXcalibur
09-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders

Yeah, JaMarcus Russell is that bad.

Buck
09-28-2009, 09:16 AM
The Chargers are not better than Denver. They have been overrated ever since Norv took over. You guys have had an easy schedule so far and could very easily be 0-3

OMG. I'll give you credit on the second sentence there, but you are wicked retaaaaaaaaaded.

The Chargers have had an easy schedule?

@Oak
Bal
Mia

@Cin
Cle
@Oak

You tell me. Which team has played 2 playoff teams from a year ago, and is one play away from being 3-0. Theres also the team thats one play away from being 2-1.

God you are a retard.

Buck
09-28-2009, 09:17 AM
4 straight with a bye week? I'll take that bet. What would be the stakes?

I really don't have any money to bet you, and I'm already doing a sig bet.

WhitiE
09-28-2009, 09:19 AM
i predict no team from the AFC west makes the playoffs....

Quesadilla Joe
09-28-2009, 09:23 AM
OMG. I'll give you credit on the second sentence there, but you are wicked retaaaaaaaaaded.

The Chargers have had an easy schedule?

@Oak
Bal
Mia

@Cin
Cle
@Oak

You tell me. Which team has played 2 playoff teams from a year ago, and is one play away from being 3-0. Theres also the team thats one play away from being 2-1.

God you are a retard.

I think it is safe to say that the 2008 Miami Dolphins only made the playoffs because Tom Brady got hurt. It is also safe to say that the 2009 Dolphins are nowhere near as good as they were last year....

Baltimore was a good team, but the Dolphins and Raiders will be picking in the top 10 this year. We blew out the 2 teams that will be picking in the top 10 in our schedule.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Their record of 3-0 is great considering the issues from the off-season and all the questions that surrounded this team. It hasn't been pretty, but winning in the NFL isn't a beauty contest. Over 50% of the roster has changed and there is a completely new coaching philosophy on both sides of the ball.

Denver has done what they've needed to do... beat 3 teams that many thought were bad teams. They beat a bad CLE team in Denver and won two road games... yes, Oak is horrible, but that typically doesn't matter in divisional matchups as everyone knows. And, yes while the tipped TD in week 1 was a fluke and sealed the deal... it happened, it's all about being in the right place at the right time and not giving up on a play, so kudos to Stokely for doing exactly that in the final minute.

The next 5 games will tell a lot about what this team has become and what they will ultimately be at the end of the season. They play teams that are 'expected' to either win or compete to win their divisions. These 5 teams are known for having great balance and strong traditions of playing well. Each of the 5 teams will be (or should be) favored to win over Denver.

That being said, I'm interested to see how Dallas responds in their game tonight after losing it to NY in week 2. The Patriots haven't been the 2007 Patriots that everyone expected, but they're still damn good. Same for the Chargers and the Steelers... and the Ravens, they look like the most well balanced juggernaut in the NFL to me right now.

The next two games are in Denver - vs Dallas and New England. Geography is a good thing in these games and with Denver having confidence, they should compete well... can they win? We'll see.

The games at SD and Baltimore... I dunno, based on what I've seen - the Ravens should beat them handily if you ask me and I'll give the nod to SD at this point. Then you have the Steelers... in Denver. They haven't played great for 60 minutes in 2 of their games, so they're vulnerable. Question is, can Denver stick with their game plan and make the game close? Again... I dunno, but I like their chances to make it a game deep into the 4th quarter in each of these games.

Dallas Cowboys @ Denver Broncos
Patriots @ Broncos
Broncos @ Chargers
week 7: bye
Broncos @ Ravens
Steelers @ Broncos

If Denver can go 2-3, I'll be pleased. If they can go 3-2, I'll be estatic. If they only win 1 of the 5... well, I won't be shocked. But, I don't think they'll go 0-5 during this stretch.

I think they have a shot at beating Dallas and/or New England if they can control the ball like they did yesterday. We'll see. Their defense gives me much more reason to hope compared to three weeks ago... they'll certainly be battle tested after the next 5 games.

Buck
09-28-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm wondering if Chargers fans were acting as confident as Broncos fans when Ryan Leaf came in and gave the Chargers a 2-0 Record to start the season.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm wondering if Chargers fans were acting as confident as Broncos fans when Ryan Leaf came in and gave the Chargers a 2-0 Record to start the season.

I'm wondering why that is relevant... and week 4 is interesting for SD, going to PIT after they're shockingly 1-2. Good luck with all that!

Buck
09-28-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm wondering why that is relevant... and week 4 is interesting for SD, going to PIT after they're shockingly 1-2. Good luck with all that!

Because you guys aren't that good, and your schedule has led you to believe you can actually win the division.

Quesadilla Joe
09-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Because you guys aren't that good, and your schedule has led you to believe you can actually win the division.

Your schedule hasn't been that tough either. Denver has not trailed in a single game all season. Heck, Denver has only been behind this year for 30 seconds.
You guys could have easily lost to both Oakland and Miami.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2009, 09:42 AM

I honestly think there's a small percentage of Broncos' fans that "when asked face to face" would say that we can win the division after the 3-0 start. Sure, there are a lot of fans that will scream from the mountain top that we'll win the division if we were 2-5... but, that's not me.

I'm taking the 3-0 record for what it is - it's nice. There are a lot of games to be played. I think the poor play from the AFCW teams in the last 2 seasons has led you and many others to believe that SD is better than they actually are... and did I mention you guys still have Norv?

Mile High Mania
09-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Your schedule hasn't been that tough either. Denver has not trailed in a single game all season. Heck, Denver has only been behind this year for 30 seconds.
You guys could have easily lost to both Oakland and Miami.

Stop tossing softballs like this one... and the "could have lost" game plays both ways. Sometimes you wear me out.

Buck
09-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm not 100% confident that you guys won't win the division, but I'd say 90%.

KnowMo is just a retard.

I'm actually excited that we're 2-1. We've only been 2-1 once out of the last 7 years prior to this, that was in 2006.

2009: 2-1
2008: 1-2
2007: 1-2
2006: 2-1
2005: 1-2
2004: 1-2

Won Division
Best 9-7 Team of All Time

The Franchise
09-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Chargers
Broncos
Raiders

Chiefs

Quesadilla Joe
09-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Stop tossing softballs like this one... and the "could have lost" game plays both ways. Sometimes you wear me out.

You really need to enjoy the Broncos more.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2009, 09:55 AM
You really need to enjoy the Broncos more.

I do enjoy the Broncos quite a bit... I was a fan back in the 80s during the 3 SB losses. You were likely still crapping in your diaper during that time.

I've now seen Denver go either 4-0, 3-0 or 2-0 in 6 of the last 10 seasons.
I've seen Denver go 5-1 or 4-1 in 4 of the last 10 seasons.

Denver has made 5 trips to the playoffs during that time, with 1 win.

I've seen great starts many times recently, so while it's fine for you to be giddy right now, I'll hold back until I see a few more games. It's a new regime, new scheme and there's a lot to be excited about... I'm not taking anything away from their 3-0 record, but I've been around this block before.

Quesadilla Joe
09-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I do enjoy the Broncos quite a bit... I was a fan back in the 80s during the 3 SB losses. You were likely still crapping in your diaper during that time.

I've now seen Denver go either 4-0, 3-0 or 2-0 in 6 of the last 10 seasons.
I've seen Denver go 5-1 or 4-1 in 4 of the last 10 seasons.

Denver has made 5 trips to the playoffs during that time, with 1 win.

I've seen great starts many times recently, so while it's fine for you to be giddy right now, I'll hold back until I see a few more games. It's a new regime, new scheme and there's a lot to be excited about... I'm not taking anything away from their 3-0 record, but I've been around this block before.
You are right. I was too young to remember the SB losses...

This year is much different. With all of the "distractions" and all of the naysayers it says a lot about the Broncos to be 3-0 right now.

We haven't had a defense as good as this in a long time. The first half of 2006 we had a good defense, but our offense couldn't move the ball and the defense was on the field so long they started getting injured. We can actually move the ball this year and the offense keeps getting better every week.

This is the best team we have had in a long time, definitely the best team we have had in the past three years. I think we are good enough to beat any team in the league.

We most likely won't win the SB this year so the end of the season is going to suck. Being so objective all of the time keeps you from enjoying the team when they are doing well.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
You are right. I was too young to remember the SB losses...

This year is much different. With all of the "distractions" and all of the naysayers it says a lot about the Broncos to be 3-0 right now.

We haven't had a defense as good as this in a long time. The first half of 2006 we had a good defense, but our offense couldn't move the ball and the defense was on the field so long they started getting injured. We can actually move the ball this year and the offense keeps getting better every week.

This is the best team we have had in a long time, definitely the best team we have had in the past three years. I think we are good enough to beat any team in the league.

We most likely won't win the SB this year so the end of the season is going to suck. Being so objective all of the time keeps you from enjoying the team when they are doing well.

ROFL As if you know... seriously, don't worry about my enjoyment with the team's 3-0 record. I'm very happy right now, but I've played the role of 'blind fan' before and I've learned to temper my over-enthusiasm in times like this ... it's a long season.

The thing with being 'objective' is that the wins are not any less sweet, but the losses don't rip your heart out as much. It takes time to learn that... took me about 15 years.

In 2004, 2005 and 2006 ... the Broncos started 5-1 in each of those seasons. In 2005 and 2006, those teams started 5-1 and ended 13-3 and 9-7 resepctively... 10 of the 12 teams they played to start each of those seasons finished with winning records. So, they were "tested" early and proved to be pretty good teams down the stretch.

The 2005 season was the best in recent memory... they started 5-1 against 6 teams that had great years, ending 13-3 with a loss in the AFCW title game. It's been a struggle ever since that year.

We'll see how it all unfolds...

RJ
09-28-2009, 10:30 AM

Well, which is it?

Kylo Ren
09-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Current Records:

Chargers: 8 - 8
Denver: 5 - 11
Chiefs: 3 - 13
Raiders: 2 - 14

RJ
09-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Chargers will win the division, Broncos regretting the game they lost at KC that cost them a playoff berth.

Stinger
09-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Chargers 9-7
Bronxs 6 -10
Raiders 2-14
Chiefs 2-14

gcbroncos
09-28-2009, 11:14 AM
u guys are so focused on who Denver has beaten that you're missing the obvious...

San Diego has only beaten the 0-3 Dolphins and 1-2 Raiders (barely)...thats 1 combined win...while we have beaten opponents with combined 3 wins...

San Diego is a fraud...if you're paying attention you'll see i'm right...

their defense sucked last year and they suck again...they can't pressure the QB and they don't stop the run...plus they don't run the ball...you don't win in this league if you can't run the ball and stop the run...

chargers in 06 = 14-2
chargers in 07 = 11-5
chargers in 08 = 8-8

this is not by accident...they get worse every year...their window is closing and Norv turner is the main reason...

Mama Hip Rockets
09-28-2009, 11:15 AM

ROFL

Mama Hip Rockets
09-28-2009, 11:16 AM
u guys are so focused on who Denver has beaten that you're missing the obvious...

San Diego has only beaten the 0-3 Dolphins and 1-2 Raiders (barely)...thats 1 combined win...while we have beaten opponents with combined 3 wins...

San Diego is a fraud...if you're paying attention you'll see i'm right...

their defense sucked last year and they suck again...they can't pressure the QB and they don't stop the run...plus they don't run the ball...you don't win in this league if you can't run the ball and stop the run...

chargers in 06 = 14-2
chargers in 07 = 11-5
chargers in 08 = 8-8

this is not by accident...they get worse every year...their window is closing and Norv turner is the main reason...

the chargers and broncos both suck. whoever wins the division will get beaten to a bloody pulp in the first round of the playoffs.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Chargers 8-8
Broncos 5-11
Raiders 3-13
Chiefs 3-13

JD10367
09-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Current Records:

It's not that far off what people expected. Without a lucky bounce in the first game, Denver is 2-1, and most people figured 1-2. Chiefs and Raiders might've switched records if KC could've gotten the job done against them (they certainly out-statted them).

I still think the Chargers will win the division, although their injuries will make it more difficult. The rest will battle for .500, and even with their 3-0 start I'd be shocked if the Broncos finish above 9-7. Chiefs have a weak second-half and can easily straighten out and make a run towards 8-8 as well. Oakland will probably bring up the rear with only 4 or 5 wins.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Since Denver has 3 wins... I'll give an updated "worst case". Previously, I believe I was in the 4-5 win category on the season.

The very winnable games for Denver are Redskins, Chiefs in Denver, Oakland in Denver. I would have no reservations saying those are games that Denver should win based on what we've seen in the first 3 weeks.

So, there are 6 wins... this is my new "worst case" scenario.

I think Denver can beat either Dallas or possibly NE, both are in Denver and they're not playing all that great right now. Steelers have issues, but in no way do I really think they'll beat all 3 or possibly even 2 of those 3, but 1... yes.

So, there are 7 wins... this is my cautiously optimistic scenario.

@ KC and SD in Denver... these are the swing games to me that would get Denver to 8 or 9 wins.

That's about as "wild" as I will get at this point... but, it's way too early.

Portlantis
09-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Chargers 10-6
Broncos 8-8
Raiders 5-11
Chiefs (sigh) 3-13

I'd be surprised if the Broncos win more than one of their next five.

vailpass
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM

You still don't comprehend the power of the Norv do you young one?

Warrior5
09-28-2009, 12:47 PM
@ KC and SD in Denver... these are the swing games to me that would get Denver to 8 or 9 wins.

You can remove the "@ KC" from your "swing game" list right now, buster... it's @ Arrowhead in December.

The Chiefs could be staggering around like 0-11, catatonic keystone cops (actually that's what they do look like right now)... they'll still beat the Donks @ Arrowhead in December.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2009, 01:15 PM
You can remove the "@ KC" from your "swing game" list right now, buster... it's @ Arrowhead in December.

The Chiefs could be staggering around like 0-11, catatonic keystone cops (actually that's what they do look like right now)... they'll still beat the Donks @ Arrowhead in December.

Possibly, but KC couldn't beat OAK in a game they dominated in every statistical category... aside from the score. I didn't think they'd play well at all vs OAK. Color me surprised.

Denver's a different team and @ Arrowhead isn't what it used to be... KC has 3 wins and 14 losses @ Arrowhead since the 2007 season and including this year. Denver beat them there in 2007.

KC is 1 & 5 in December games @ Arrowhead... last win was 2006 at home during December. Unless I'm reading it wrong, but that's what it looks like.

***EDIT***

Crazy when you look at it... since 2007, KC has 3 wins @ Arrowhead and Denver has 1 win @ Arrowhead.

RNR
09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Chargers 9-7 / 10-6
Broncos 7-9 / 8-8
Raiders 2-14 / 3-13
Chiefs 2-14 / 3-13

Garcia Bronco
09-28-2009, 03:49 PM

Hidtory says so doesn't it? Fucking Arrowhead in December. :)

RiversRunRed
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Ive seen this script before.......

Broncos start off hot
Chargers start of cold
Chiefs........Blegh
Raiders f*** themselves

Broncos choke it up
Chargers go on a hot streak
Chiefs show marginal improvement
Raiders continue to f*** themselves

Chargers win the division