PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Are we nuts?

HonestChieffan
09-28-2009, 06:30 AM
So, three games and we have people setting hair on fire cause we basically suck. Haley fired? Pioli? Come on. Who was dumb enough to assume this mess created over the past years would be fixed in one off season?

DeezNutz
09-28-2009, 06:32 AM
No one expected everything to be fixed.

Mecca
09-28-2009, 06:33 AM
Ok no one should be settiong their hair on fire.

It's not that they're losing, it's how they look in the process. They don't show improvement, they don't show good signs. We watched the head coach basically give up at halftime yesterday as the team looked like some sister of the poor traveling in to play the Gators in college ball.

They could easily regress and be even worse than anyone could have imagined, or Haley could easily lose the team.

In short it's not so much losing, it's what's going on with the team.

InChiefsHeaven
09-28-2009, 06:34 AM
We're one game away from where I thought we'd be now anyway. I really thought we'd beat the Raiders...and we actually did except that whole scoring part.

I didn't expect Haley to mail it in against the Eagles after half time. That was disturbing to me...

DeezNutz
09-28-2009, 06:35 AM
We're one game away from where I thought we'd be now anyway. I really thought we'd beat the Raiders...and we actually did except that whole scoring part.

I didn't expect Haley to mail it in against the Eagles after half time. That was disturbing to me...

LMAO

Yeah, the bolded part is a bitch.

Mecca
09-28-2009, 06:36 AM
Honestly it bugs the piss out of me that they made huge deal about being a smart disciplined team and the Chiefs are the furthest thing from being that.

Then we watch a head coach that talks about competition no one's spot being safe no sacred cows...so he mails in a half cause it's not going his way.

Pioli Zombie
09-28-2009, 06:41 AM
WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Dawg
09-28-2009, 06:42 AM
They were not even close to being competetive in Philly and that's what sucks the worst. The coaches quit and the players will quit next time.

This is what happens when you are completely crap, in the trenches. Drafting linemen is not sexy or exciting but without them any team would suck.

I have never seen in the NFL a worse O-line and D-line on the same team.

Mecca
09-28-2009, 06:43 AM
They were not even close to being competetive in Philly and that's what sucks the worst. The coaches quit and the players will quit next time.

This is what happens when you are completely crap, in the trenches. Drafting linemen is not sexy or exciting but without them any team would suck.

I have never seen in the NFL a worse O-line and D-line on the same team.

This team has a ton of highly drafted defensive lineman 2 of them by this current regime...

DenverChief
09-28-2009, 06:50 AM
So what exactly did Haley do to "mail it in" after halftime?

Mecca
09-28-2009, 06:52 AM
So what exactly did Haley do to "mail it in" after halftime?

Find me another team that losing 24-7 at half comes out and calls 10 out of 11 plays as runs up the butt.

The Chiefs were getting blown out and Cassel passed..18 times how often do you see that? 18 passes in a blow out loss?

DenverChief
09-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Find me another team that losing 24-7 at half comes out and calls 10 out of 11 plays as runs up the butt.

The Chiefs were getting blown out and Cassel passed..18 times how often do you see that? 18 passes in a blow out loss?

I was :ZZZ: during the game ...I work at night so I didn't get to see any of the game

Bane
09-28-2009, 07:07 AM
So, three games and we have people setting hair on fire cause we basically suck. Haley fired? Pioli? Come on. Who was dumb enough to assume this mess created over the past years would be fixed in one off season?

I shave my head twice a week,I don't want anyone fired,and I went into this season thinking we'd win 4 games.I figure it will take 3-4 years to get this team going in the right direction,if we can figure out how to draft.

Bane
09-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

PLAYOFFS!!PLAYOFFS!!!!!!DONT TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS!!!!ROFL

Hoover
09-28-2009, 07:19 AM
yeah, I wish MC was throwing up bombs to Mark Bradley and Bobby Wade all afternoon...

That would have been much more enjoyable.

Bradley and Wade were cut from two teams that don't have shit for WRs. We traded our entire passing game to Atlanta for a 2nd round pick.

Its clear as day folks. Pioli and Haley never thought they would compete this year, so at times its going to look like they have no desire to win games. This is going to basically be a very long 20 game pre-season. It seems very likly that we will have a top 5 draft pick yet again next year, and with Atlanta's 2nd rounder we should be able to plug some holes. I expect them to focus on the offense next year after the fist round. I imagine we will be taking a WR and OL with our 2nd rounders.

Mecca
09-28-2009, 07:21 AM
I don't think I'd say Minnesota "doesn't have shit for WR's"

Bane
09-28-2009, 07:25 AM
I don't think I'd say Minnesota "doesn't have shit for WR's"

They looked pretty good to me:shrug:

Mecca
09-28-2009, 07:26 AM
That guy that Favre threw the game winning TD to is the guy that Wade got cut for...ponder that.

TEX
09-28-2009, 07:28 AM

Let's just say that confidence is low. Ask yourself who ho was dumb enough to assume the OL did not need major upgrading in the off season - especially when plans called for a new young QB? If you're as good as you think you are- you don't miss, or choose to ignore, an obvious weakness they way thery did. Period.

RealSNR
09-28-2009, 07:29 AM
That guy that Favre threw the game winning TD to is the guy that Wade got cut for...ponder that.And they only spent a first rounder on him. Wade signed with us for chump change.

Shox
09-28-2009, 07:33 AM
yeah, I wish MC was throwing up bombs to Mark Bradley and Bobby Wade all afternoon...

That would have been much more enjoyable.

Bradley and Wade were cut from two teams that don't have shit for WRs. We traded our entire passing game to Atlanta for a 2nd round pick.

Its clear as day folks. Pioli and Haley never thought they would compete this year, so at times its going to look like they have no desire to win games. This is going to basically be a very long 20 game pre-season. It seems very likly that we will have a top 5 draft pick yet again next year, and with Atlanta's 2nd rounder we should be able to plug some holes. I expect them to focus on the offense next year after the fist round. I imagine we will be taking a WR and OL with our 2nd rounders.

Another defensive player with the top 5 pick...NOOOO WAYYYYY.

We must have a LT or WR. Albert is a very good player, but never will he be a top NFL LT. You take a LT move Albert to RT, Ndweke (sp?) move inside to G and you might actually have a decent NFL oline. At least one which can give Cassell a chance to make a successful throw.

or you go get a playmaker WR.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Honestly it bugs the piss out of me that they made huge deal about being a smart disciplined team and the Chiefs are the furthest thing from being that.

Then we watch a head coach that talks about competition no one's spot being safe no sacred cows...so he mails in a half cause it's not going his way.

This.

OnTheWarpath15
09-28-2009, 07:36 AM
And they only spent a first rounder on him. Wade signed with us for chump change.

Uh, no they didn't. Greg Lewis made that catch, who was signed as a street FA.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-28-2009, 07:39 AM

I hate to say this...especially to you.... but does it say something about what Cassel is, or isn't?

Haley called plays like Jamarcuss Russell was playing QB. Seriously. WTF?

The problem is that a team will have trouble believing in itself when the head coach doesn't act like it believes in them.

And, a coach that quits on the team, can expect the team to quit on him.

In all my years as a Chiefs fan, I don't think I have ever been this embarrassed of the coach.

Inspector
09-28-2009, 07:52 AM

Eric Hicks said it was a moral victory.:(

bevischief
09-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Fish
09-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Ok no one should be settiong their hair on fire.

It's not that they're losing, it's how they look in the process. They don't show improvement, they don't show good signs. We watched the head coach basically give up at halftime yesterday as the team looked like some sister of the poor traveling in to play the Gators in college ball.

They could easily regress and be even worse than anyone could have imagined, or Haley could easily lose the team.

In short it's not so much losing, it's what's going on with the team.

This....

FloridaMan88
09-28-2009, 08:44 AM
It is not the losing, it is the way they lost yesterday... essentially giving up in the second half that is disturbing. We get the fact the Chiefs have the worst offensive line in the league and one of the worst collections of WRs in the league (and we are still waiting for an explanation for why virtually nothing was done to upgrade these two positions this past offseason).

But to do what the Chiefs did yesterday, essentially not even trying to pass downfield or go into a no huddle offense to cut into the lead in the second half was not acceptable. Todd Haley was hired because of his offensive expertise... so figure out a better way offensively to get the ball down the field with a crappy offensive line and WRs that doesn't involve playing dead.

Mr. Laz
09-28-2009, 08:49 AM
most people don't have their hair on fire because we lost.

they are pissed because the team looks lost and Haley looks overwhelmed.

we don't have to win, just not look like total ass.

it's scary for fans when their head coach reminds them of Gunther Cunningham.

ie Big mouth and in over his head

kepp
09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL:clap:

bevischief
09-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Yes we are Chief fans.

Jilly
09-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Fwiw, I think we are nuts. Not fair to do any judging at this point..... and we can't do anything without a passing game and we won't have that until we get decent WRs. Haley's play calling last week against Oakland was great, and we had a shot at winning, and the wheels fell of the wagon this week, but who's to say that next week won't be something different? We have a young, inexperienced team with a few old guys mixed in, a different coach/offensive coordinator, def coordinator, etc and we have to expect that from week to week things won't be predictable.

The Franchise
09-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Oh no....I can judge.

Pioli and Haley have done nothing so far to fix that offensive line. Three games have gone by....and the blocking has been piss poor. And NOTHING has been done to fix it. Haley will bench Bowe and DJ to prove a point...but fucking Niswanger and Goff are allowed to keep their jobs.

Yeah...there might not be a whole lot out there to pick up....but FFS.....start benching fuckers who can't block. It's that fucking simple.

Try Alleman at Center
Move Ndukwe to Right Guard
Try O'Callaghan at Right Tackle

DO SOMETHING!