PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A couple of questions:

Gary
09-28-2009, 11:13 AM
1. So far, does it look like Dorsey can transition to be a consistently effective DE?

2. Jamaal Charles seemed to get to/through the hole much faster than LJ. Does he deserve a much increased role in next week's game or even to be named the starter?

3. Does there need to be more short drop quick slant/out/curl route passing in the gameplan? Did they rely too much on screens & draws?

4. Is the TE going to be duck taped to the right/left tackle for the rest of the year in an attempt to improve outside protection?

5. At this point do you feel it was a more sound investment to pick Tyson Jackson to be our 3-4 d-end of the future OR would you prefer to have picked one of the O-tackles to help shore up pass protection for Cassel & improve run blocking?

Demonpenz
09-28-2009, 11:30 AM
1. sanchez
2. sanchez
3. sanchez
4. sanchez
5. sanchez

DeezNutz
09-28-2009, 11:32 AM
I agree that we need to focus on shorter routes. We can't keep pounding our heads against the wall, trying to stretch the field. Focus on running ball.

RustShack
09-28-2009, 11:35 AM
I say we forget about WR's and TE's and we just put in extra linemen behind our linemen and try running that way. Screw having a QB too we can just direct snap.

Rooster
09-28-2009, 11:35 AM
1. sanchez
2. sanchez
3. sanchez
4. sanchez
5. sanchez

ROFL

Deberg_1990
09-28-2009, 11:37 AM
1. sanchez
2. Curry
3. sanchez
4. Curry
5. Gonzalez

FYP

CHIEFS58
09-28-2009, 11:44 AM
3 step drops. Charles can hit the hole faster than LJ. The offense has to stay on the field so the defense can rest. Its easy to rack up 300+ yards of offense against us when the other team gets approximately 120,000 offensive plays per game.

teedubya
09-28-2009, 11:46 AM
I really wish we hadn't traded Jared Allen for Glenn Dorsey... he sucks so much ass.... Brandon ALbert is Ok... but We could have drafted Ryan Clady instead... And Im not impressed with Jamaal McFumble Charles.

That trade was a big Giant FUCKING FAIL.

Brock
09-28-2009, 11:47 AM
I really wish we hadn't traded Jared Allen for Glenn Dorsey... he sucks so much ass.... Brandon ALbert is Ok... but We could have drafted Ryan Clady instead... And Im not impressed with Jamaal McFumble Charles.

That trade was a big Giant ****ING FAIL.

Pretty much.

salame
09-28-2009, 11:52 AM

Actually technically we traded Jared Allen for Branden Albert

but since we did trade jared allen
we could have had clady and jeff otah
then our o-line would be fixed

bowener
09-28-2009, 12:03 PM
3 step drops. Charles can hit the hole faster than LJ. The offense has to stay on the field so the defense can rest. Its easy to rack up 300+ yards of offense against us when the other team gets approximately 120,000 offensive plays per game.

I was wondering the other day what our average yards given up per play is, especially broken down by quarters. I am assuming the 4th shows a large gain in yards per play once the D has died from exhaustion.

bevischief
09-28-2009, 12:52 PM
I was wondering the other day what our average yards given up per play is, especially broken down by quarters. I am assuming the 4th shows a large gain in yards per play once the D has died from exhaustion.

ROFL

Rain Man
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
I say we forget about WR's and TE's and we just put in extra linemen behind our linemen and try running that way. Screw having a QB too we can just direct snap.

I don't know if you're being facetious or not, but I've honestly wondered about this as a strategy.

Chiefnj2
09-28-2009, 12:58 PM

The repercussions of the trade aren't over yet since KC needs to find a pass rusher to replace Allen.

Skip Towne
09-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Design a new offense around the swinging gate formation. That way the O line is on the other side of the field and can't fuck anything up

LaChapelle
09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
A Charles and Savage together backfield is the future. Which one has the ball? Wear the defense down.

Bane
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
A Charles and Savage together backfield is the future.

Sounds good to me!:thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2009, 03:37 PM
We should just run the fucking veer.

Simply Red
09-28-2009, 03:52 PM
We should just run the ****ing veer.

What is the veer? I honestly have no clue what that is.

CrazyPhuD
09-28-2009, 03:53 PM
We should just run the fucking veer.

Yay then we can be the thundering turd too!

CrazyPhuD
09-28-2009, 03:55 PM

http://inscnet.com/toyfare_0809/300px-General_veers.jpg

kstater
09-28-2009, 03:58 PM

1st Quarter: 41 plays 253 yards 6.16yards/play
2nd Quarter: 53 plays 286 yards 5.4 yards/play
3rd Quarter: 45 plays 248 yards 5.5 yards/play
4th Quarter 51 plays 346 yards 6.7 yards/play

Not as big of gain as you'd expect.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-28-2009, 04:01 PM
I only have one question.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/71ovUFRjJj4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/71ovUFRjJj4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2009, 04:10 PM

Triple Option run out of a split backfield.

Simply Red
09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
1. So far, does it look like Dorsey can transition to be a consistently effective DE?

2. Jamaal Charles seemed to get to/through the hole much faster than LJ. Does he deserve a much increased role in next week's game or even to be named the starter?

3. Does there need to be more short drop quick slant/out/curl route passing in the gameplan? Did they rely too much on screens & draws?

4. Is the TE going to be duck taped to the right/left tackle for the rest of the year in an attempt to improve outside protection?

5. At this point do you feel it was a more sound investment to pick Tyson Jackson to be our 3-4 d-end of the future OR would you prefer to have picked one of the O-tackles to help shore up pass protection for Cassel & improve run blocking?

Gary, you really should post more. It's quite the life, i'll say. This CP business, is.