PDA

View Full Version : Computers Google Voice invites

AustinChief
09-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Anybody have a spare 1 or 2? I have some that should come in a few weeks but I need a couple ASAP if anybody has any extra ones...

Thanks,
Kyle

memyselfI
09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
From what I understand they are not transferable. Instead sign a request using a NON-GOOGLE email and you should get an invite within a day or two. I rread a number of cell phone boards and I have not heard of anyone able to transfer their invite yet because it's tied to the email account. I was able to forward myself an email from an account that I closed and thus could save the invite but again it was my own email.

I have five different numbers using different email addresses. The longest I waited for an invite was 4 days.

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

AustinChief
09-28-2009, 08:04 PM
From what I understand they are not transferable. Instead sign a request using a NON-GOOGLE email and you should get an invite within a day or two. I rread a number of cell phone boards and I have not heard of anyone able to transfer their invite yet because it's tied to the email account. I was able to forward myself an email from an account that I closed and thus could save the invite but again it was my own email.

I have five different numbers using different email addresses. The longest I waited for an invite was 4 days.

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

Yeah, the process has slowed up abit lately (hence the 1-2 weeks that I expect to wait)... but as for the invites being transferable... they are completely. Which is why people are selling them on ebay for $3-$5 a piece, which is where I will buy one if someone doesn't have a spare or two OR google doesn't send me one in the next day or so.

But you are right, just 6 weeks ago, they were coming in 2-3 days.

memyselfI
09-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah, the process has slowed up abit lately (hence the 1-2 weeks that I expect to wait)... but as for the invites being transferable... they are completely. Which is why people are selling them on ebay for $3-$5 a piece, which is where I will buy one if someone doesn't have a spare or two OR google doesn't send me one in the next day or so.

But you are right, just 6 weeks ago, they were coming in 2-3 days.

Ok, it sounds like you have more current info than I do. Sorry, bout that. I would give you one but I don't have anymore. Every time I got one I locked up a number. I know they are going to start charging for numbers when the FCC starts trying to shut the thing down or if they get greedy, etc.

jAZ
09-28-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm kinda pissed, because I signed up for the list about a year ago. And never got an invite. Signed up again a few days ago. Nothing so far. Until this thread, i assumed they weren't really giving them out yet.

I'd like one too (though no emergency in my case).

jAZ
09-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Ok, it sounds like you have more current info than I do. Sorry, bout that. I would give you one but I don't have anymore. Every time I got one I locked up a number. I know they are going to start charging for numbers when the FCC starts trying to shut the thing down or if they get greedy, etc.

I've used a phone service for about 4 years called CallWave that works much like GoogleVoice it seems. The numbers are portable just like a regular number. So locking down a number probably doesn't mean anything in the longrun.

Dante84
09-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Mind explaining or linking what it does in layman's terms? Sounds interesting.

teedubya
09-28-2009, 10:39 PM
i have 2 great numbers...

and my skype number is fucking outstanding...

I have no invites, though. I donated them to St Francis Mary School of the Blind.

AustinChief
10-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Ok, Google is opening up to allow users to invite 3 friends... I checked and none of my accounts have this feature yet (suppossed to roll out over the next few weeks)...

Does anyone else have this yet? (should appear as "invite friends" on the left bar)

jAZ
10-15-2009, 10:34 PM
I just got an account. Sec...

jAZ
10-15-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't see where to invite. Found a note online that says it would appear under the "Calling Credit" section. I only have "Add Credit", "Rates", and "History".

Any suggestions?

BWillie
10-16-2009, 01:33 AM
J

10-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Hmmmm, trade a Wave invite for a Voice invite.

10-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Just got an invite from Google.

If I understand this right I can call my own Google Voice number press * then 2 and make a call to any phone in the US for free from my home phone and ATT will not charge me the normal .25 cent per minute fee during the call. Is that correct?