PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFL Rewind?

Jack
09-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Who here has NFL rewind? What do you get for 49.95? How long after a game is played does one have to wait to see it?

HD Demo is quite impressive.

Thanks

Kyle DeLexus
09-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Don't have it but it was mentioned in a thread before the season. I think they try to add the game right after it gets over and they take an hour at most? I'm assuming you get every game that isn't played locally. Again, just going off what I've heard, I don't have it.

BigEd
09-29-2009, 12:57 PM
I have NFL rewind because I live in Hawaii and they never show any Chiefs games. You have the ability to watch any game you want on Sunday after all of the games are over. This includes the late games. I am able to start watching usually around 7:00 pm Hawaii time, but that equates to midnight CST. The quality is fantastic and no commercials. I can get through a game in less than 2 hours.

Crashride
09-29-2009, 01:03 PM
and this is offered on every company?

BigEd
09-29-2009, 01:15 PM
NFL Game Rewind is available at NFL.com.

Here is the URL: https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform

InChiefsHeaven
09-29-2009, 01:16 PM
The only problem is the Chiefs STILL suck no matter how much you rewind...

CaliforniaChief
09-29-2009, 01:17 PM
I hate it. First of all, they promise no commercials...the Oakland game had commercials. Second, I was specifically told in an e-mail that the games would be available 1-3 hours after the conclusion of my game (which I said in the e-mail was early games), but you can't start watching the games until an hour AFTER the Sunday night game. So if you know the score and just like having the games, it's fine...but if you're trying not to know and watching it as if it's live, good luck with that.

I've tried to request a refund but they don't even respond to my inquiries anymore.

Jack
09-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I hate it. First of all, they promise no commercials...the Oakland game had commercials. Second, I was specifically told in an e-mail that the games would be available 1-3 hours after the conclusion of my game (which I said in the e-mail was early games), but you can't start watching the games until an hour AFTER the Sunday night game. So if you know the score and just like having the games, it's fine...but if you're trying not to know and watching it as if it's live, good luck with that.

I've tried to request a refund but they don't even respond to my inquiries anymore.

Interesting! I read something like that on a site found on a Google search. Reckon it is a waste if viewing isn't available within an hour or two after completion of a game.

Thanks all for the comments

blazzin311
09-29-2009, 01:39 PM
The only problem is the Chiefs STILL suck no matter how much you rewind...

ROFL So sad but yet so true.

I've got it too. I however haven't seen any commercails on the two games I've watched using this service yet. I do agree with you on the 1-3 hrs. time table for games being available to watch. I generally can't watch any of the games until about 11:30 or so cst on sunday nights. So that kinda sucks. But then again I also didn't buy this service to watch every chiefs game on it. Just for days when I miss the game at it's regular time for whatever reason. Quality is very good though. Especially the no commercials part.

MahiMike
09-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I have it. Only way I can see Chiefs and Jags games. I like it a lot. Watch it right on my laptop in HD. It's much better than NFL package for $150. Skip the commercials!

Chief Pagan
09-29-2009, 07:05 PM
So I'm getting tired of going to the local sports bar and I am really interested in this streaming. I have some questions about this option. Besides the "do you like the streaming" question which has been asked (and answered) several times, I'm wondering about the required connection speeds. I have DSL through at&t (my only other options is Comcast or satellite) at .75 mb. Which I guess translates as at&t absolutely, positively guarentees me that they will never send more than 750 kbits a second. (Invest $100 with me and I will return up to one billion dollars to you a year from now.) I did a speed test a moment ago and it showed up as .33Mb. I'm pretty annoyed with the whole telecoms/service providers setup and really don't want to send at&t more money (even though it is not such a big expense for me).

So (rant completed), in practice, what connection speed would I have to upgrade to to effectively use the NFL rewind? 1.0, 3.0 ??? Ideally, I would like to watch it on my HD tv (the laptop to tv HDMI connection seems to work--at least for pictures, I haven't tried high speed video)? Is there any way to buffer the download? If the computer has to spend an hour downloading before I start the game, that's no big deal. (As long as I can watch the game before I go to work Monday and hear about the scores) Or does the NFL rewind prevent this? Is there a tech work around that would let me download at a slower speed (that wouldn't be too computer skill intensive)? At home, I don't do much besides email, read blogs, and lurk sites like this one. So the minimal broadband I currently have is fine outside of streaming games.

Thanks

Chief Pagan
09-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi

My name is August and I'm searching for a SF who is... oh wait, wrong place (or maybe not).

So, in order to 'fess up, I have been lurking at this site ever since it was started on the Star and the Gannon-Grbac debates were raging (I thought Gannon was better, I thought Grbac made more since because of the salary cap, and later realized they should have gone with Gannon anyway). I grew up in the Shawnee Mission area, went to KU, and wandered out to Calif (almost 20 years ago).

So why I have been lurking: besides keeping up to date on the Chiefs and the occasional post about the Jayhawks, I like hearing the tidbits about the KC area.

Why dont I ever post: I spend 40 hours a week in front of a computer screen as it is and (based on the couple of sites I do post at) I figured if I got in the habbit of occasionally posting it would turn into another time sink.

So why now? HHhhmmm, well, NFL rewind advice, see above.

cheers