PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs More Roster Moves: Biesel Cut...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AZChief
09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
CHIEFS MAKE FIVE MORE MOVES
September 29th - 5:27 PM

The Chiefs kicked off “Transaction Tuesday” by trading QB Tyler Thigpen to the Dolphins for an undisclosed draft pick. Kansas City recently announced five more moves in addition to the Thigpen trade.

Kansas City announced that they have released CB Ricardo Colcough and LB Monty Beisel for the 53-man roster, as well as TE Tom Crabtree from the practice squad.

Signed to the 53-man roster was free agent TE Leonard Pope, and added to the practice squad was T Chris Patrick. Like many of the newest Chiefs, Pope has a working history with head coach Todd Haley. Pope was a tight end with Arizona from 2006-07. He played in 42 games and caught 48 passes for 476 yards and five TDs with the Cardinals. Pope was released by Arizona on September 4th. Patrick was most recently with Philadelphia after being released on August 31st.

These transactions put Kansas City’s active roster at 51 players, meaning that two roster positions remain open and will likely be filled via free agency or practice squad promotion before practice on Wednesday.

Bane
09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=215196&page=3

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2009, 04:34 PM
LMAO

LaChapelle
09-29-2009, 04:34 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dustin is fucking pissssssed off

Bill Lundberg
09-29-2009, 04:35 PM
They tried out Tauscher today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/29/chiefs-sign-pope-try-out-mark-tauscher/

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2009, 04:41 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!11111ELENTYBILLION!!!!!

Mmmmmmmm.........MONT-Y, HE WAS CRAP-TASTIC!ROFLROFLROFLROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lutqplLMvfk

Micjones
09-29-2009, 04:45 PM
They tried out Tauscher today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/29/chiefs-sign-pope-try-out-mark-tauscher/

Interesting. He's had an extra month to heal.
Maybe he's ready now?

Stinger
09-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Holy Crap ..... I swear this is a Genius marketing ploy by Pioli ..... You have to buy a $9 program every time we play a home game because of the roster changes.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Brilliant.jpg

LaChapelle
09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Runyan must be done or greedy as hell.

stlchiefs
09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
I thought Monty was the face of the new chiefs website!

LaChapelle
09-29-2009, 04:52 PM
They did just hire a new guy, from the Ravens I think. To market the team ROFL

wild1
09-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Monty Got A Raw Deal

carlos3652
09-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Monty Got A Raw Deal

yea, i was thinking the same thing when he was in the endzone and forgot he was supposed to down DC punt at the 1 :doh!:

Sully
09-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Wasn't someone just posting about how this regime is identical to the previous one?

chiefs1111
09-29-2009, 05:12 PM
well bye bye Monty

tonyetony
09-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Runyan must be done or greedy as hell.

I was thinking the same thing somethings not right with him.

tonyetony
09-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Bye bye Beisel hello Burper......I mean Belcher.

raybec 4
09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Bye bye Beisel hello Burper......I mean Belcher.

Belcher is an upgrade, I think he needs a super hot wife now to fill the void though.

Micjones
09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm glad the kid (Belcher) is getting a shot to play...
Hopefully he makes good on it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2009, 05:21 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/n4hb4k.jpg

JD10367
09-29-2009, 05:32 PM
With a Pope on board, you're sure to have a blessed season.

keg in kc
09-29-2009, 05:34 PM
With a Pope on board, you're sure to have a blessed season.We have a prayer now. Maybe he can get us a few more mitres of offense.

KevB
09-29-2009, 05:35 PM

Awesome Hamas

FAX
09-29-2009, 05:40 PM
It's really kind of strange. At this rate, by mid-November, fewer than half the guys on the team will have been through the entire off-season training camp.

FAX

tonyetony
09-29-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm glad the kid (Belcher) is getting a shot to play...
Hopefully he makes good on it.

I like Belcher as well. I hope he works out better than Mays has to this point. I thought we had something watching Mays during the preseason, now.....not so much.

JD10367
09-29-2009, 05:42 PM
We have a prayer now. Maybe he can get us a few more mitres of offense.

The Bucs fire the cannons when they score... well, if they score... so maybe when Pope gets a TD they can blow white smoke out of a chimney at Arrowhead. :shrug:

(For the Catholically-challenged of you, that's what they do in Vatican City when they elect a new pope...)

'Hamas' Jenkins
It's really kind of strange. At this rate, by mid-November, fewer than half the guys on the team will have been through the entire off-season training camp.

FAX

It's like the Bataan Death March...except if the Japanese brought in some of their old prisoners once they hit Honshu.

Micjones
I like Belcher as well. I hope he works out better than Mays has to this point. I thought we had something watching Mays during the preseason, now.....not so much.

I thought the very same thing. I think he does contribute in the run game, but he's asswax in pass coverage.

That's one of our biggest problems. We're so soft over the middle.

tonyetony
09-29-2009, 05:43 PM
With all these moves happening how about a coaching staff change as well. Can someone tell me why Tim Krumrie is still here?

Mojo Jojo
09-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Cutting Biesel screws the Chiefs internet ad to sell tickets. I logged on to ticketmaster and you can still get 4 tickets together for the lower and club level for Sunday.

FOX 4 may need to buy some tickets for the game to be shown in KC.

Micjones
09-29-2009, 05:44 PM
With all these moves happening how about a coaching staff change as well. Can someone tell me why Tim Krumrie is still here?

Hell he doesn't even know...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Another one of the "Right 53" proven to be wrong.

tonyetony
09-29-2009, 05:46 PM

I think they meant the "Right 5 or 3".

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2009, 05:46 PM

I think the "Right 53" is the number of guys the Chiefs will cut this year.

As in they were the "Right 53" to cut.

FAX
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM

Mainly, because every time they mention it to him, he goes all patty cake on their ass and starts bitch slapping everything in sight. It's just not worth the hassle.

FAX

tonyetony
09-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Hell I would settle for the right 23 at this point.

Tiger's Fan
09-29-2009, 05:51 PM

Yeah, lets just stand pat.

Wait....what exactly wouldn't you whine like a bitch about?

Christofire
09-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Monty BYEsel?

ba DUMP ching

Frazod
09-29-2009, 05:58 PM
If we eventually end up bringing him in a third time does he get a free set of steak knives?

tonyetony
09-29-2009, 06:14 PM
I really thought Biesel would stick for special teams if nothing else. I wonder who he pissed off or if he was a tad to expensive for special teams only.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Monty Beisel awesome signing there Pioli, guess he was a part of the sort of right 53 but not really.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Monty Got A http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417tJn34uIL._SS500_.jpg .

Christofire
09-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Teh suck will not be tolerated. Let the bloodbath continue, and bring a new meaning to the Sea of Red.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-29-2009, 06:25 PM
my last vision of Biesel was against the raider and he literally just watched a beautiful punt by colquit roll into the end zone

Mecca
09-29-2009, 06:27 PM
my last vision of Biesel was against the raider and he literally just watched a beautiful punt by colquit roll into the end zone

But he's good at special teams! :doh!:

Bill Lundberg
09-29-2009, 06:28 PM
The longer this goes on without an announcement the more I believe it's going to be a name guy off the street, ie Tauscher, Runyan, Levi Jones. Seems like maybe it's not being announced yet because they are working on contracts...

KCUnited
09-29-2009, 06:36 PM
My last vision of him was whiffing on DeSean Jackson on his 60+ yard td.

HemiEd
09-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Holy Crap ..... I swear this is a Genius marketing ploy by Pioli ..... You have to buy a $9 program every time we play a home game because of the roster changes.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Brilliant.jpg

Oh my Gosh, post of the season. Had a shitty, shitt day and this made me smile. Thanks. :LOL:

el borracho
09-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Beisel's gone? Well, now who is going to watch the punts roll into the endzone?

wild1
09-29-2009, 06:48 PM
yea, i was thinking the same thing when he was in the endzone and forgot he was supposed to down DC punt at the 1 :doh!:

You missed the lame joke.

DTLB58
09-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Mainly, because every time they mention it to him, he goes all patty cake on their ass and starts bitch slapping everything in sight. It's just not worth the hassle.

FAX

ROFL

Groves
09-29-2009, 06:54 PM

It bears repeating. A gorgeous, drop dead punt. No issues, no hopping around or bouncy bouncy. It was rolling tenderly just begging to be stopped.

Maddening. And not the game.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Wow, that is really cut-throat.

I love it. Fuckin' A.

milkman
09-29-2009, 07:02 PM
I think the "Right 53" is the number of guys the Chiefs will cut this year.

As in they were the "Right 53" to cut.

They didn't say they'd find the right 53 this year.

He figures Carl got 20 years, so he should get at least that long to find the right 53 too.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 07:04 PM
You gotta admit it's a bit funny to see him cut guys he signed this offseason....great moves that he made eh?

SAUTO
09-29-2009, 07:06 PM
You gotta admit it's a bit funny to see him cut guys he signed this offseason....great moves that he made eh?

whats funny about it? he is trying guys out. seeing if they fit with what we want. if not guess what? they are gone.

just like carl peterson huh?

Frosty
09-29-2009, 07:06 PM

It's better than hanging on to bad signings and claiming they just need to be coached up better.

milkman
09-29-2009, 07:07 PM

Really.

Who's left?

Simplex3
09-29-2009, 07:08 PM
It's better than hanging on to bad signings and claiming they just need to be coached up better.

Or signing guys who are used up to long term deals. *cough*LJ*cough*

Deberg_1990
09-29-2009, 07:09 PM

Yes because no other GM in the NFL has ever done this.

booger
09-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Beisel was a good signing at the time and on paper. Probably for the cost as well. I think it was a safe assumption he was just a backup and special teamer.

He hasn't been the ST stalwart we wanted and when asked to play on D he crapped his pants so i'm tickled to death they cut him and moved on. Haley has talked up Belcher since the rookie mini camp and he has shown up when he gets on the field. Mays seems to struggle in coverage so Belcher and Demo Williams as Nickel LB's makes sense. Hope they step it up.

On the reasoning for keeping Krumrie i think you have to look at how much actual 34 we are playing. DE's as 4 and 5 techs, more often 4 tech like Pittsburgh plays. And the NT as a zero or 1 tech. They slide them out to the 3 tech on the nickel. It's been alot more 2gap than i expected and no hybrid.

In that case a rah rah coach isn't as big of deal. Like Pepper Johnson coaching DL for the Pats. He's teaching more 2 gap stack and shed or less penetration and engaging the OL, locating the ball and getting rid(shedding) him. Also former Bellichick DE and longtime player Anthony Pleasant coached with the team at camp. He worked with the OLB's and DE's. Like Ritchie Anderson the former parcells FB has worked with TE's and WR's during the same time span. Both have continued with the team and both are on the sidelines gamedays. They aren't listed on the team site but whether they are volunteering or interning or just low paid and not announced they are on the staff it seems.

Wouldn't be a suprise to see Pleasant as the DL or OLB coach next year. Same with Anderson in some position on offense.

Also they knew Krumrie coached DL for Dick Leboeu while coaching 34 so they had that to look back on.

SAUTO
09-29-2009, 07:11 PM

he bitched when carl kept players that were a mistake, now he's bitching when pioli cuts them. it's a no win with that guy

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2009, 07:12 PM

Gimme a break.

:rolleyes:

Guys like Beisel and Zach Thomas were put up on a pedestal by Pioli and Haley as being THE TYPE OF GUYS they want on this roster.

If they hadn't have made a big stink about them, no one would give a shit.

But unless you've been living under rock, I think you'd have to agree that this is different than just cutting any ordinary guy.

ESPECIALLY when he's the fucking FACE of your WEBSITE!

the Talking Can
09-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Gimme a break.

Guys like Beisel and Zach Thomas were put up on a pedestal by Pioli and Haley as being THE TYPE OF GUYS they want on this roster.

But unless you've been living under rock, I think you'd have to agree that this is different than just cutting any ordinary guy.

ESPECIALLY when he's the ****ing FACE of your WEBSITE!

this is what people are reduced to whining about now?

Mecca
09-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Or signing guys who are used up to long term deals. *cough*LJ*cough*

I was someone who said signing LJ was retarded when that was an unpopular opinion.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Gimme a break.

ESPECIALLY when he's the ****ing FACE of your WEBSITE!

ROFL

I dont think anybody was really counting on Monty Beisel and an 80 year old Zach Thomas to resurrect this franchise.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 07:18 PM
He's right though they did hold up guys like Vrabel and Thomas and Beisel as "this is how you build the right 53".

Deberg_1990
09-29-2009, 07:18 PM
I was someone who said signing LJ was retarded when that was an unpopular opinion.

Ill admit, i wanted him signed...I thought he had earned a big payday.

and i was wrong....

the Talking Can
09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
He's right though they did hold up guys like Vrabel and Thomas and Beisel as "this is how you build the right 53".

so the answer to my question is "yes"

cool, just checking

continue....

HemiEd
09-29-2009, 07:22 PM
whats funny about it? he is trying guys out. seeing if they fit with what we want. if not guess what? they are gone.

just like carl peterson huh?

Yep, under Carl, Beisel would have retired a Chief. (see Donnie Edwards)

These guys aren't a bit afraid to cut mistakes, no matter who made them. That will eventually pay off IMO.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Yep, under Carl, Beisel would have retired a Chief. (see Donnie Edwards)

These guys aren't a bit afraid to cut mistakes, no matter who made them. That will eventually pay off IMO.

I don't see how it's positive that they cut a guy they signed 3 games into a season, I think it's a negative they suck that much at signing players that can contribute.

HemiEd
09-29-2009, 07:30 PM

I agree, you were pretty much out on an Island, with that opinion, and you were right.

Easy 6
09-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Ricardo Colclough must have amnesia or something & totally forgot how to play football...start for the Steelers for a few years, but cant hack it in KC?

Oh wells, CB is the one position where we arent in dire need of help.

Beisel?...ixnay

Thigpen?...amscray

Pope?...i genuflect before his Greatness.

HemiEd
09-29-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't see how it's positive that they cut a guy they signed 3 games into a season, I think it's a negative they suck that much at signing players that can contribute.

I don't think anyone is arguing with you that they made a mistake, including Pioli and Haley.

But to not see this as a positive, that their egos aren't so large, that they can cut their losses on a mistake, is being retarted and disengenuous. Especially after suffering through bad signings, being too expensive to cut, the last decade and a half, or since free agency bagan. Kendrell Bell anyone? The list is long.

They are proving to me, they only have one thing in mind, winning the way they think they have to do it. If they think they made a mistake, they make the change. That is ****ing awesome, 180 degrees from anything I have seen in 40 years of watching Hunt owned football.

Hell, even Cassel won't be that expensive to cut loose if he doesn't work out, and I think they would do it.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 07:40 PM
If Beisel had a Bell type contract he wouldn't have been cut...

It's easy to not have an ego about a cheap player, but if you wanna know ego regardless of how Cassel plays he's our QB for as long as Pioli is here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM

It's easy to not have an ego about a cheap player, but if you wanna know ego regardless of how Cassel plays he's our QB for as long as Pioli is here.

Theeeeees.

OnTheWarpath15

*cough*Mike Goff*cough*

Deberg_1990

Dude, you can say this about any GM in the league. If a guy signs a big contract, hes going to be a starter for awhile no matter how he plays.

They have to let him try and play up to his potential. You know this.

morphius
09-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Lots of them were stop gaps till they could either draft some real talent at the position or actually get some decent FA's to actually come in for a visit. At least these are not high dollar cap prohibitive players that we are stuck with.

HemiEd
09-29-2009, 07:47 PM

If he is, he will have been doing a great job. It is not business as usual, they are doing shit differently.

It is not easy, but it should be easier. He gets paid for the whole season, right? It just plain would not have happened under Carl.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Dude, you can say this about any GM in the league. If a guy signs a big contract, hes going to be a starter for awhile no matter how he plays.

They have to let him try and play up to his potential. You know this.

Ok then why am I reading posts about how this is different than Carl?

Deberg_1990
09-29-2009, 07:49 PM

Not from me.

Every GM in the league has an ego.

If things go well, nobody cares. If things go bad, then thats all anybody wants to talk about.

Mr. Laz
09-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Jeebus, this is like watching someone with full body Tourette try to shave.

You gotta luv their courage but it's a bloody mess.

It's good to see that Niswangers job is still safe though.

tyler360
09-29-2009, 07:50 PM
we are not aloud to question the holy Pioli. Just nod yes and think everything is gonna be fine just because it is not carl and herm

RedThat
09-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Beisel=junk

Pope=Junk

Yay! Replace one junk w/ another....wooohoo.

Marcellus
09-29-2009, 07:51 PM

Zack Thomas got injured. No way to know what impact he would have made.

Beisel was brought in to be a back up and ST player. He failed and was cut.

Didn't you say a few days ago that Haley and Pioli's guys were untouchable no matter how bad they played? Guys they brought in?

Well here you go, you were wrong, but no mention of that.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Not from me.

Every GM in the league has an ego.

If things go well, nobody cares. If things go bad, then thats all anybody wants to talk about.

If you make good decisions and build something you can have an ego, Bill Polian he's earned the right to have an ego, AJ Smith him too.

But these NE guys all have massive ego's when they didn't build the team.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2009, 07:54 PM
If you make good decisions and build something you can have an ego, Bill Polian he's earned the right to have an ego, AJ Smith him too.

Pioli has 3 rings and nearly an undefeated season. Anyone would feel pretty good about themselves after that.

Not saying he built the team, but he did have a hand in it. No one can deny that.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Pioli has 3 rings and nearly an undefeated season. Anyone would feel pretty good about themselves after that.

Not saying he built the team, but he did have a hand in it. No one can deny that.

Did you read my Jeff Chidiha recap about this?

JD10367
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't think anyone is arguing with you that they made a mistake, including Pioli and Haley.

But to not see this as a positive, that their egos aren't so large, that they can cut their losses on a mistake, is being retarted and disengenuous. Especially after suffering through bad signings, being too expensive to cut, the last decade and a half, or since free agency bagan. Kendrell Bell anyone? The list is long.

They are proving to me, they only have one thing in mind, winning the way they think they have to do it. If they think they made a mistake, they make the change. That is ****ing awesome, 180 degrees from anything I have seen in 40 years of watching Hunt owned football.

Hell, even Cassel won't be that expensive to cut loose if he doesn't work out, and I think they would do it.

That's what I keep saying. Every coach and GM makes mistakes. EVERY ONE of them. The key is to a.) not make huge, multi-year, big-signing-bonus mistakes that cripple your franchise's ability to do business, and b.) not to compound your mistakes by keeping them around.

Belichick had to choose between Greg Lewis and Joey Galloway. He chose Galloway. He chose f**king poorly, 'cause Lewis just caught an amazing game-winning TD from Lord Farvequat and Galloway has looked old, slow, and sucky. And they signed Galloway to a decent contract. Yet most Patriots fans expect Galloway to be gone, and soon. Because that's how it's done. They don't keep "big-name" FAs or guys they traded for, just because they're big names. Hell, they don't KEEP big names if they know they're too expensive. They shipped out Richard Seymour, which means most of us think that means they decided they're going to pay Vince Wilfork... but, then again, maybe they'll ship him out too, 'cause they have Ron Brace and Myron Pryor and the D played very well against Atlanta even once Wilfork went out. Don't think that, if Brady wasn't ready to return at the beginning of this season, they wouldn't have held on to Matt Cassel... and, if Brady's injury looked like it would linger, and reduce his playing effectiveness, Belichick would not have hesitated to dump Brady, just like he dumped Drew Bledsoe, just like he dumped Bernie Kosar in Cleveland.

You don't make moves to make your fans happy. You don't make them to make the town's writers say nice things about you. You don't make them to help keep your job. You make them to try to make the team better with each step. That's what Pioli has learned. You throw enough shit to the wall, and hopefully some of it sticks. He learned that, hopefully, for every Charles Johnson or Doug Gabriel you sign there's also a Rodney Harrison or Corey Dillon.

Yes, you can be mildly irritated that they signed guys like Toomer, Beisel, and Thomas and they didn't pan out. But you can be happy that those guys didn't get huge deals, and that cutting them didn't hurt the team going forward, and that cutting them was better than keeping them.

RedThat
09-29-2009, 07:56 PM

True. But he also had a great owner imo.

Direckshun
09-29-2009, 07:57 PM
QB: Cassel, Croyle, Gutierez
RB: Johnson, Charles, Savage, Battle
FB: Cox

WR: Bowe, Bradley, Wade, Engram, Lawrence, Copper
TE: Ryan, Pope, O'Connell, Cottam

LT: Albert, Ndukwe
LG: Waters, Smith
C: Niswanger, Smith
RG: Goff, Alleman
RT: O'Callaghan, Ndukwe

DE: Dorsey, Gilberry
NT: Edwards, Tyler
DE: Jackson, Magee

OLB: Hali, Walters
ILB: Mays, Johnson
ILB: Williams, Belcher
OLB: Vrabel, Studebaker

CB: Flowers, Carr, Leggett, Washington
S: Brown, Page, McGraw, Morgan

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford
KR: Savage
PR: Wade

I'm guessing Cottam's on the hot seat, and we're going to be seeing linebackers and cornerbacks join this team really soon.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Zack Thomas got injured. No way to know what impact he would have made. .

How about the same he would have had in Dallas last year: hopefully none, and if used, complete fucking liability.

Marcellus
09-29-2009, 07:59 PM

You don't know how much Pioli had to do with NE success, how they drafted or the impact he made on building the team. Show me where it says Pioli had nothing to do with it. Your making statements you can't back up.

keg in kc
09-29-2009, 08:00 PM
If his ego was such an issue he wouldn't be cutting all these guys he'd signed.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm guessing Marcellus would listen to Jeff Chidiha then tell him he has no idea what he's talking about.

The Bad Guy
09-29-2009, 08:01 PM
It's just hilarious that the usual suspects storm into the thread saying the same shit over and over again like a broken record.

The Bad Guy
09-29-2009, 08:02 PM

Exactly.

Some of you are acting like Beisel signed for a ton of coin while we really were hedging all bets on Zach Thomas.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2009, 08:03 PM

Yeah, and Jim Clemons had a hand in the first Jordan three-peat. Look how good he was with the Mavericks.

Charlie Weis had a hand in those, as did Romeo Crennel. They should feel pretty about themselves, too.

Peter Giunta won 2 SB rings with the Rams and Giants.

Terry Donahue was handpicked by Bill Walsh to be GM of the 49ers. That was a fucking rousing success too.

HemiEd
09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
That's what I keep saying. Every coach and GM makes mistakes. EVERY ONE of them. The key is to a.) not make huge, multi-year, big-signing-bonus mistakes that cripple your franchise's ability to do business, and b.) not to compound your mistakes by keeping them around.

Belichick had to choose between Greg Lewis and Joey Galloway. He chose Galloway. He chose f**king poorly, 'cause Lewis just caught an amazing game-winning TD from Lord Farvequat and Galloway has looked old, slow, and sucky. And they signed Galloway to a decent contract. Yet most Patriots fans expect Galloway to be gone, and soon. Because that's how it's done. They don't keep "big-name" FAs or guys they traded for, just because they're big names. Hell, they don't KEEP big names if they know they're too expensive. They shipped out Richard Seymour, which means most of us think that means they decided they're going to pay Vince Wilfork... but, then again, maybe they'll ship him out too, 'cause they have Ron Brace and Myron Pryor and the D played very well against Atlanta even once Wilfork went out. Don't think that, if Brady wasn't ready to return at the beginning of this season, they wouldn't have held on to Matt Cassel... and, if Brady's injury looked like it would linger, and reduce his playing effectiveness, Belichick would not have hesitated to dump Brady, just like he dumped Drew Bledsoe, just like he dumped Bernie Kosar in Cleveland.

You don't make moves to make your fans happy. You don't make them to make the town's writers say nice things about you. You don't make them to help keep your job. You make them to try to make the team better with each step. That's what Pioli has learned. You throw enough shit to the wall, and hopefully some of it sticks. He learned that, hopefully, for every Charles Johnson or Doug Gabriel you sign there's also a Rodney Harrison or Corey Dillon.

Yes, you can be mildly irritated that they signed guys like Toomer, Beisel, and Thomas and they didn't pan out. But you can be happy that those guys didn't get huge deals, and that cutting them didn't hurt the team going forward, and that cutting them was better than keeping them.

This! I couldn't agree more. That appears to be what they are trying to do, to me.
Of course, the puzzle isn't quite as clear and pretty yet, because there has been so little time.
They had to make a lot of very quick decisions as well, since they got such a late start.

The Bad Guy
09-29-2009, 08:04 PM
You don't know how much Pioli had to do with NE success, how they drafted or the impact he made on building the team. Show me where it says Pioli had nothing to do with it. Your making statements you can't back up.

Yep. Pioli was basically the janitor in the eyes of a ton of people on here despite the fact that Belichick gives him a ton of credit.

But posters on Chiefsplanet knows how much he was involved. He was so much of a nobody that teams every single off-season tried to pry him away.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Mecca is the type of guy who would complain immediatly after the Chiefs won a Super Bowl:

"Well, they better get some USC players on the roster next year, or I dont see them repeating"

RedThat
09-29-2009, 08:05 PM

He has no other option all these guys he signed suck balls.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Mecca is the type of guy who would complain immediatly after the Chiefs won a Super Bowl:

"Well, they better get some USC players on the roster next year, or I dont see them repeating"

You know that is extreme hyperbole right?

Mark Sanchez is the only USC player I've ever openly lauded for the Chiefs to draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2009, 08:06 PM

You wanna know where New England's success comes from? Follow the rabbit hole.

Bill Parcells, coaching genious. 0 playoff wins w/o Bill Belichick as his coordinator.

:hmmm:

Dick Rehbein, the guy who pleaded with the Patriots to draft Brady over Tim Rattay.

In the words of Jimmy Dix, "THAT'S MY FUCKING STATEMENT!! Write it down, and shove it up your ass."

The Bad Guy
09-29-2009, 08:07 PM
He has no other option all these guys he signed suck balls.

Yeah, he had no other option. You should stick to your crystal ball.

RedThat
09-29-2009, 08:08 PM
You wanna know where New England's success comes from? Follow the rabbit hole.

Bill Parcells, coaching genious. 0 playoff wins w/o Bill Belichick as his coordinator.

:hmmm:

Dick Rehbein, the guy who pleaded with the Patriots to draft Brady over Tim Rattay.

In the words of Jimmy Dix, "THAT'S MY ****ING STATEMENT!! Write it down, and shove it up your ass."

They have a great owner lets not forget about that.

JD10367
09-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Charlie Weis had a hand in those, as did Romeo Crennel. They should feel pretty about themselves, too.

Yep. Pioli was basically the janitor in the eyes of a ton of people on here despite the fact that Belichick gives him a ton of credit.

But posters on Chiefsplanet knows how much he was involved. He was so much of a nobody that teams every single off-season tried to pry him away.

It's no secret that Belichick seems to give the kiss of death to every player or coach who leaves him. All have failed elsewhere, from players (Branch, Givens, Woody, etc.,.) to coaches (Mangini, Weis, Crennel). Hence the reason most people assume Josh McDaniels will crash and burn.

But the thing about Pioli, hopefully, is that it should be different because he was an executive, not an assistant coach or coordinator. Those guys had to move up to the Big Boy Chair, and couldn't handle it. Pioli, on the other hand, has been making top-level decisions, and his job didn't change much when he moved from NE to KC. It's the difference between getting a partner from a law firm, versus getting some of the junior-level lawyers who mostly proofread briefs and ran for coffee.

Marcellus
I'm guessing Marcellus would listen to Jeff Chidiha then tell him he has no idea what he's talking about.

LOL. What the fuck?

You base all your opinion on what you hear on the radio? If I don't agree with it I am wrong? Jeff Chida said it, it has to be true?

He also predicted Buffalo would win the AFC East last year.

RedThat
Yeah, he had no other option. You should stick to your crystal ball.

go f*ck a goat you ignorant prick.

What do you expect him to do?

Keep the Beisels, CJ jones, Daryl Roberston of the world while not try to upgrade your roster?

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:12 PM
LOL. What the fuck?

You base all your opinion on what you hear on the radio? If I don't agree with it I am wrong? Jeff Chida said it, it has to be true?

He also predicted Buffalo would win the AFC East last year.

Prediction and talking about how guys that come out of NE act are not remotely the same thing.

HemiEd
09-29-2009, 08:14 PM

I doubt Pioli had anything to do with the Randy Moss trade either, arguably one of the best moves they made.

Marcellus
09-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Prediction and talking about how guys that come out of NE act are not remotely the same thing.

Really? Calling someone arrogant makes it fact? You know Pioli is arrogant from what? 5 Whitlock columns and Chidha talking about it? Wait I forgot Nick Athan.

Sully
09-29-2009, 08:17 PM

Carl would never admit mistakes.

I think it's definitely a positive they cut the guys, who they had signed, when it was clear they weren't the "right" guys. It certainly isn't inconsistent with the "right 53" mantra, as some of you guys are trying to act like. It's actually a sign of less ego, than more, as it's an outright admission of doing something wrong.

As we all know, judging talent, even veteran talent, is far more art than science.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:18 PM
I will never get along with Marcellus because he's the kind of guy where you could shit on his head and he'd be like "ah man it's like sprinkles"

RedThat
09-29-2009, 08:18 PM
I doubt Pioli had anything to do with the Randy Moss trade either, arguably one of the best moves they made.

I just love how they got a 1st rounder for Branch and replaced him with Moss who is arguably better and gave up a 4th rounder to get him.

Just the way they do things amazes me. The got great value for a 2nd tier receiver. And gave up little value for a top tier receiver. That is the way to do it.

And the Welker trade I consider a big steal.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:20 PM
I just love how they got a 1st rounder for Branch and replaced him with Moss who is arguably better and gave up a 4th rounder to get him.

Just the way they do things amazes me. The got great value for a 2nd tier receiver. And gave up little value for a top tier receiver. That is the way to do it.

None of this would be possible if they hadn't tripped ass backwards into a franchise QB, always remember that.

DJ's left nut
09-29-2009, 08:21 PM
As awful as this team has played, Biesel has still managed to stand out as particularly terrible.

Thank God he is gone. He is absolutely putrid.

HemiEd
09-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Carl would never admit mistakes.

I think it's definitely a positive they cut the guys, who they had signed, when it was clear they weren't the "right" guys. It certainly isn't inconsistent with the "right 53" mantra, as some of you guys are trying to act like. It's actually a sign of less ego, than more, as it's an outright admission of doing something wrong.

As we all know, judging talent, even veteran talent, is far more art than science.

Yep, they just don't want to get it. Some are still Sanchez butthurt.

Yeah he appears to be a winner, but nobody is going to make all the right moves. It is just too early to tell, but Sanchez looks strong.

Being able to identify mistakes and move on is a fantastic change for this team.

RedThat
09-29-2009, 08:23 PM
None of this would be possible if they hadn't tripped ass backwards into a franchise QB, always remember that.

I agree with you. Thats the main thing. NE got lucky getting Brady. Good teams with great players always attract other players available on the market.

Marcellus
09-29-2009, 08:25 PM
I will never get along with Marcellus because he's the kind of guy where you could shit on his head and he'd be like "ah man it's like sprinkles"

I can't get along with you because you can't back up your "facts" and you change the subject when called on it.

Still waiting on proof it is "fact" that Pioli is arrogant.

I'm not saying he hasn't made some bad decisions and I have NEVER said that.

I am just tired of all the talk his issue is he's arrogant with no real proof except a couple of butthurt journalist who had their free passes to Arrowhead revoked.

Sully
09-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Yep, they just don't want to get it. Some are still Sanchez butthurt.

Yeah he appears to be a winner, but nobody is going to make all the right moves. It is just too early to tell, but Sanchez looks strong.

Being able to identify mistakes and move on is a fantastic change for this team.

I was a Sanchez guy, so I'm not going to pretend that having that opinion is a sure sign of stupidity, and hindsight, it looks like we made the wrong decision (albeit, after only 3 games, let's talk in 3 seasons). But, just as with political or religious talk, once you entrench yourself into a position, especially on the intrawebs, most will stop at nothing to find evidence (whether it actually exists, or not) to back up that opinion. COnfirmation Bias rules the day.

Mecca
They are so good at admitting the made mistakes..NE is still trying to run Laurence Maroney out there to prove they didn't fuck up that pick.

All front offices have ego's, some cheap backup special teamer doesn't really require much ego to cut. But don't for a moment think some guy they pronounce a franchise player or they use a high pick on won't be given numerous opportunity, if they draft a Ryan Sims they won't be cutting him or benching him in 2 years.

Mecca
I can't get along with you because you can't back up your "facts" and you change the subject when called on it.

Still waiting on proof it is "fact" that Pioli is arrogant.

I'm not saying he hasn't made some bad decisions and I have NEVER said that.

I am just tired of all the talk his issue is he's arrogant with no real proof except a couple of butthurt journalist who had their free passes to Arrowhead revoked.

We've talked about it 1000 times, people who cover the league think he's arrogant, if that is not enough for you, I can't help you.

DeezNutz
09-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I was a Sanchez guy, so I'm not going to pretend that having that opinion is a sure sign of stupidity, and hindsight, it looks like we made the wrong decision (albeit, after only 3 games, let's talk in 3 seasons). But, just as with political or religious talk, once you entrench yourself into a position, especially on the intrawebs, most will stop at nothing to find evidence (whether it actually exists, or not) to back up that opinion. COnfirmation Bias rules the day.

Nice avi.

Dude is a physically gifted freak.

Sully
09-29-2009, 08:28 PM
They are so good at admitting the made mistakes..NE is still trying to run Laurence Maroney out there to prove they didn't fuck up that pick.

All front offices have ego's, some cheap backup special teamer doesn't really require much ego to cut. But don't for a moment think some guy they pronounce a franchise player or they use a high pick on won't be given numerous opportunity, if they draft a Ryan Sims they won't be cutting him or benching him in 2 years.

That's not all ego, though.
It's also quite a bit economics. You've paid the guy millions already, might as well keep him, rather than take the loss and chase bad money with more... It sucks, but it's how it works in the salary cap era.

Marcellus
09-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedThat View Post

This is a serious question.

How does NE having Bradey contribute to other teams fucking themselves in trades for Moss, Welker and Branch?

Had they signed top tier free agents on the cheap because they were proven winners and people wanted to play there I would agree but in trades?

Mecca
It's also quite a bit economics. You've paid the guy millions already, might as well keep him, rather than take the loss and chase bad money with more... It sucks, but it's how it works in the salary cap era.

Ok then how is this any different than Carl? I don't need to hear feel good shit that isn't true. Carl didn't cut guys that made money he just made a mistake in who he paid money too..

If Pioli makes money mistakes those guys will still be playing for us, so lets not act like this is some new ballgame.

Marcellus
We've talked about it 1000 times, people who cover the league think he's arrogant, if that is not enough for you, I can't help you.

Whitlock, Athan, Chadiha and who?

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:31 PM
How about the arrogance displayed by everyone else that has left NE?

Does that not count?

Sully
09-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Ok then how is this any different than Carl? I don't need to hear feel good shit that isn't true. Carl didn't cut guys that made money he just made a mistake in who he paid money too..

If Pioli makes money mistakes those guys will still be playing for us, so lets not act like this is some new ballgame.

How is it different from Carl?

When did he ever allow this much overturn this quickly?
Keep in mind, Richard Smith was our number one receiver for a season.

DeezNutz
09-29-2009, 08:33 PM

The salary cap is a farce.

Klinkscale (sp?) says it best when he talks about contracts as "spent money." If you fuck up, it's best to move on as quickly as possible rather than to protract the problem.

This is when a willing owner is needed. Will he burn some money, in the form of a signing bonus for example, to chase a championship and cover for a GM's mistake?

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
How is it different from Carl?

When did he ever allow this much overturn this quickly?
Keep in mind, Richard Smith was our number one receiver for a season.

Um Richard Smith was some training camp hero that I think played in 3 games....

There was major turnover DV's first year, I was I believe 9 at the time but I'm guessing Marty's first year had major turnover also seeing as it was Carl's aswell.

Marcellus
09-29-2009, 08:35 PM
How about the arrogance displayed by everyone else that has left NE?

Does that not count?

Uh, no. Because they are arrogant doesn't mean he has to be. And if that is the basis of your opinion, go for it.

JD10367
09-29-2009, 08:35 PM
They are so good at admitting the made mistakes..NE is still trying to run Laurence Maroney out there to prove they didn't **** up that pick.

Yes, but they also hedge their bets. Last season they brought in Sammy Morris and LaMont Jordan. This year, they brought in Fred Taylor.

But, by and large, the Patriots admit their mistakes. Chad Jackson, 2nd round pick: gone after a couple of seasons when he didn't pan out. Kevin O'Connell, a QB they didn't really need to draft, drafted in the 3rd round: gone.

In KC, Pioli could've easily kept Zach Thomas and Amani Toomer, and ran them out there this season. And no one would've said a word about it. And they probably would've sucked ass. Instead, he cut his losses with them and is going with other guys. And if they suck ass, he'll boot them out too. Eventually he'll find a guy who doesn't suck ass so much. It's all about upgrading the roster.

Like this TE pickup, Pope. Yeah, some of you are razzing it, saying he won't make a difference. And maybe he won't. Or maybe he will, and it'll be a great pickup. If he sucks, he's gone. But, frankly, it's not like Indy offered to trade Dallas Clark to the Chiefs for Monty Beisel, y'know? There are a lot of holes to fill in KC. It'll take more than three games.

Maybe I"m just a stupid optimist 'cause I'm spoiled by the Patriots' success, but I think Pioli will do good things there, as soon as the second half of this season. It might get worse before it gets better. You might be sitting at 1-7. But I have a feeling by the second half of the season the Chiefs will be winning games, and they'll be a team people don't want to play.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Chad Jackson is an admitted mistake because he blew out his knee so it's easy to walk away and say "ah he got hurt" and they cut a backup QB.

Guys they drafted to be starters that people are aware of they will hold onto because it makes them look bad if they cut them.

Sully
09-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Um Richard Smith was some training camp hero that I think played in 3 games....

There was major turnover DV's first year, I was I believe 9 at the time but I'm guessing Marty's first year had major turnover also seeing as it was Carl's aswell.

You are right, he played 4 games, my mistake.

I still don't remember Carl cutting any of his signings this quick into a season. If you can remind me otherwise, I'll look at it.

dirk digler
09-29-2009, 08:44 PM
The people who say what Pioli is doing is what Carl would do are clueless. Pioli in 3 weeks during the season has done more roster manuevering than Carl would do in an entire offseason.

Also Pioli has done several interviews stating he has no problem admitting a mistake and cutting players. But I guess he is a liar and sucks.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:45 PM
The people who say what Pioli is doing is what Carl would do are clueless. Pioli in 3 weeks during the season has done more roster manuevering than Carl would do in an entire offseason.

Also Pioli has done several interviews stating he has no problem admitting a mistake and cutting players. But I guess he is a liar and sucks.

Um the Chiefs did this same shit last year...it didn't happen before that because Vermiel was big into that these are our guys shit.

The Bad Guy
09-29-2009, 08:45 PM
go f*ck a goat you ignorant prick.

What do you expect him to do?

Keep the Beisels, CJ jones, Daryl Roberston of the world while not try to upgrade your roster?

I expected him to work every day to make this roster better. But thankfully, I read your post last night and I realized that we are going to suck forever so I have that to look forward to.

It's nice that I don't need hope anymore.

dirk digler
09-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Um the Chiefs did this same shit last year...it didn't happen before that because Vermiel was big into that these are our guys shit.

No they didn't I just pulled up their transaction log from last season. They signed 4 players and put them on the practice squad. They didn't bring any starters or add anyone to the 53 until Oct with Mark Bradley

HermanHater
09-29-2009, 08:52 PM

This! Some of you need to get over your hatred of Pioli/Haley. And realize this is a good move.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:53 PM
No they didn't I just pulled up their transaction log from last season. They signed 4 players and put them on the practice squad. They didn't bring any starters or add anyone to the 53 until Oct with Mark Bradley

Wait you think Leonard Pope is going to start?

FloridaMan88
09-29-2009, 08:53 PM
The 2009 Kansas City Chiefs... Where the Offseason Never Ends.

It is almost as if the Chiefs playing a game interferes with Pioli's continued attempts to rip the Herm cancers out of this roster.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:54 PM
This! Some of you need to get over your hatred of Pioli/Haley. And realize this is a good move.

Just so you know most of the so called "negative" posters called signing Monty Beisel a stupid move, it's just pointing out that hey that right 53 shit sure means alot.

boogblaster
09-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Basic camp-fodder .. should have happened in pre-season ....

Sully
09-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Just so you know most of the so called "negative" posters called signing Monty Beisel a stupid move, it's just pointing out that hey that right 53 shit sure means alot.

Like I said earlier, cutting these guys isn't inconsistent with the "right 53" at all. It actually reinforces that they believe in that mindset.

dirk digler
09-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Wait you think Leonard Pope is going to start?

No but he is on the 53 man roster not practice squad. Like I said Pioli hasn't stood pat while Carl always did. This isn't some shocking statement. Carl hardly ever messed with the final roster unless there was an injury. There are a few exceptions of course like Eddie Kennison but for the most part he stood pat.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2009, 08:57 PM
The 2009 Kansas City Chiefs... Where the Offseason Never Ends.

It is almost as if the Chiefs playing a game interferes with Pioli's continued attempts to rip the Herm cancers out of this roster.

Except this was a Pioli cancer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-29-2009, 08:58 PM
No but he is on the 53 man roster not practice squad. Like I said Pioli hasn't stood pat while Carl always did. This isn't some shocking statement. Carl hardly ever messed with the final roster unless there was an injury. There are a few exceptions of course like Eddie Kennison but for the most part he stood pat.

No, Dick Vermeil stood pat. Look at all the churn we had last year.

Mecca
Like I said earlier, cutting these guys isn't inconsistent with the "right 53" at all. It actually reinforces that they believe in that mindset.

I'd be more confident if they'd spend the actual FA months signing guys of substance instead of Monty Beisel and Terrence Copper.

HermanHater

This!

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:59 PM

You should look at my earlier post and the Hamas post that just went up, you're lying to yourself if you really believe this.

DeezNutz
I hope that Pioli invents another empty phrase over the off-season because the "right 53" already sucks.

Mecca
This!

Address my follow to that, let's see the brain flow since no one else was brave enough to try it.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
I hope that Pioli invents another empty phrase over the off-season because the "right 53" already sucks.

We've had right 53 and 22 guys off the street.......hopefully next years phrase will have something to do with him being fat and unsatisfied.

keg in kc
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
I'd be more confident if they'd spend the actual FA months signing guys of substance instead of Monty Beisel and Terrence Copper.It's too bad there aren't more offseasons in the future and we're stuck with the fruits of 2009 forever, unless the Mayan Calendar is wrong.

Sully
09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
I'd be more confident if they'd spend the actual FA months signing guys of substance instead of Monty Beisel and Terrence Copper.

They made mistakes, they will make more. If they make too many over the years, they will be fired.

But they are admitting the mistakes, and moving forward, rather than covering them up, and pretending it's a "coaching problem." Without getting a bullhorn and standing on top of the practice facility, Pioli is (figuratively) shouting from the rooftops, "I was wrong!!!"

Mecca
09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
It's too bad there aren't more offseasons in the future and we're stuck with the fruits of 2009 forever, unless the Mayan Calendar is wrong.

For a first offseason of "building a foundation" to build upon they sure left a lot to be desired.

HermanHater
09-29-2009, 09:04 PM

And theres a list of posts that state that the right 53 can and should be changed until this effing abortion gets fixed. But due to your hatred of pioli/Haley you dont see those posts. youre just a broken record "right 53, right 53" "they said right 53" go fist youself Mecca.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Who's dupe is this?

DeezNutz
09-29-2009, 09:06 PM
It's too bad there aren't more offseasons in the future and we're stuck with the fruits of 2009 forever, unless the Mayan Calendar is wrong.

While I completely agree with this, it still doesn't correct the fact that this has essentially amounted to a wasted season.

Yes, we would be terrible either way, but we didn't have to remain stagnant. These two ideas aren't mutually exclusive.

Now, I'm sure someone will respond with the typical line: "Unbelievable! The same folks who thought we would suck are now bitching because we suck!"

dirk digler
09-29-2009, 09:08 PM
No, Dick Vermeil stood pat. Look at all the churn we had last year.

And who was DV's boss? This didn't start with DV, Carl stood pat alot of off seasons. I remember one off season the only player they signed actually traded for was Pete Stoyanvich (sp?)

It seemed every other year they didn't sign anybody except maybe a scrub here or there. But once the regular season started Carl for the most part didn't mess with the roster unless it was an injury.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 09:09 PM
And who was DV's boss? This didn't start with DV, Carl stood pat alot of off seasons. I remember one off season the only player they signed actually traded for was Pete Stoyanvich (sp?)

It seemed every other year they didn't sign anybody except maybe a scrub here or there. But once the regular season started Carl for the most part didn't mess with the roster unless it was an injury.

They just signed a bunch of scrubs this offseason so what's your point?

Sully
09-29-2009, 09:11 PM
While I completely agree with this, it still doesn't correct the fact that this has essentially amounted to a wasted season.

Yes, we would be terrible either way, but we didn't have to remain stagnant. These two ideas aren't mutually exclusive.

Now, I'm sure someone will respond with the typical line: "Unbelievable! The same folks who thought we would suck are now bitching because we suck!"

I don't see it as wasted.
I always though, because of the late hirings, it would be mainly an evaluation season. But as bad as the Chiefs are, there are some key parts (Lt, Qb, Cb, DL) that can grow into whatever system (we hope, anyway). The fact that we are swapping role players who wouldn't help much for other role players doesn't mean we are wasting a season that was going to be rough, anyway.

dirk digler
09-29-2009, 09:13 PM
They just signed a bunch of scrubs this offseason so what's your point?

My point is CP stood pat while Pioli is actually trying to fix shit.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 09:14 PM
What drives me nuts is when people give that bitching about sucking line.

No one expected to see them win games but there are different levels of suck. This idea of seeing no development, watching a team fold in a 2nd half as if to say "we give up". Seeing a team do things that are the equivalent of a FBS team losing 63-0 and scoring at the end saying "we needed that for confidence" bugs the shit out of me.

BigRock
09-29-2009, 09:14 PM
But, by and large, the Patriots admit their mistakes. Chad Jackson, 2nd round pick: gone after a couple of seasons when he didn't pan out. Kevin O'Connell, a QB they didn't really need to draft, drafted in the 3rd round: gone.

Shit, the Pats traded a 4th or 5th rounder to Tampa for Alex Smith back around the draft, then they cut him before the season. That's a draft pick out the window.

Ebolapox
09-29-2009, 09:18 PM
oh jesus tits. how is this a bad thing? I don't get it. if pioli doesn't sign who you want, you go apeshit. if he cuts somebody you don't think deserves a roster spot, you go apeshit.

guess life would be much easier (and this would all make more sense) if I was a longhaired telemarketer who is 'GOOD AT THE DRAFT.' Fuck.

HemiEd
09-29-2009, 09:22 PM

Yeah, and the 2009 off season was so long for Pioli and Hailey. They are doomed. They shouldn't have taken time to hire coaches and try and evaluate the talent that was already on the roster. They should have gotten it all done, signed a bunch of high priced FAs and hoped they were in the right spots.

DeezNutz
09-29-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't see it as wasted.
I always though, because of the late hirings, it would be mainly an evaluation season. But as bad as the Chiefs are, there are some key parts (Lt, Qb, Cb, DL) that can grow into whatever system (we hope, anyway). The fact that we are swapping role players who wouldn't help much for other role players doesn't mean we are wasting a season that was going to be rough, anyway.

Beyond the draft, counting Cassel as a draft pick since he was the 2nd, we didn't really do much. Wasted in that sense.

We need to use all avenues, draft, FA, etc. And it's disappointing that we really didn't.

The Bad Guy
09-29-2009, 10:47 PM
For a first offseason of "building a foundation" to build upon they sure left a lot to be desired.

Seriously, how many times are you going to say the same thing? We get it. You don't like the moves. Pioli is arrogant because everyone that leaves New England is, which is like stereotyping that everyone with long black hair sits in vans with curtains waiting for the school buses.

This is like fucking groundhog day here.

The Bad Guy
09-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, and the 2009 off season was so long for Pioli and Hailey. They are doomed. They shouldn't have taken time to hire coaches and try and evaluate the talent that was already on the roster. They should have gotten it all done, signed a bunch of high priced FAs and hoped they were in the right spots.

Yep. Pioli and company were going to cure cancer, and fix the years and years of poor drafting and FA decisions overnight.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Mecca
09-30-2009, 12:59 AM
oh jesus tits. how is this a bad thing? I don't get it. if pioli doesn't sign who you want, you go apeshit. if he cuts somebody you don't think deserves a roster spot, you go apeshit.

guess life would be much easier (and this would all make more sense) if I was a longhaired telemarketer who is 'GOOD AT THE DRAFT.' Fuck.

Ahahaha, see I say something about Pioli so you say something about me. That's funny, so basically a view on the Chiefs that is less than positive is a personal affront to you?

If you'd like a unicorns and rainbows view you're more than welcome to go post at one of the homer boards.

Valiant
09-30-2009, 01:08 AM
What drives me nuts is when people give that bitching about sucking line.

No one expected to see them win games but there are different levels of suck. This idea of seeing no development, watching a team fold in a 2nd half as if to say "we give up". Seeing a team do things that are the equivalent of a FBS team losing 63-0 and scoring at the end saying "we needed that for confidence" bugs the shit out of me.

I think it was more not to get his QB killed in a game they were already out of..

Mecca
09-30-2009, 01:09 AM
I think it was more not to get his QB killed in a game they were already out of..

At the NFL level this is horrendous, they are responsible for that team now. They had an entire offseason and did basically nothing.

Valiant
09-30-2009, 01:14 AM
Beyond the draft, counting Cassel as a draft pick since he was the 2nd, we didn't really do much. Wasted in that sense.

We need to use all avenues, draft, FA, etc. And it's disappointing that we really didn't.

Why blow money into FA's that might not fit Pioli's and Haley's scheme just to spend money?? Especially with the economy and pending NFLPA contract expiring..

Now I wish they would have done things differently but I prepared myself last season that we were going to suck for 1-2 more years.. After that hopefully they are on the winning side.. Hell in two years I fully expect a entirely new team outside of 5-8 players from Herm's last year..

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Why blow money into FA's that might not fit Pioli's and Haley's scheme just to spend money?? Especially with the economy and pending NFLPA contract expiring..

This statement is grossly and severely misinformed

TinyEvel
09-30-2009, 02:51 AM
This statement is grossly and severely misinformed

THAT.

ChiefGator
09-30-2009, 05:30 AM
This is like ****ing groundhog day here.

Ha ha... it really is.

One camp saying that Pioli just didn't do anything. He literally had to lock the door to the Chiefs facility to keep all the hall of fame free agents clamoring down our doors out. And barely even woke up for draft day. He's just like Carl. We're doooommeed!! Should have drafted Sanchex.

And the other camp... well... realistic.

I'm very glad to see his type of roster churn. It is very heartening to me after the abysmal performance last Sunday, when I was closer to turning in my Chiefs card then I think I have been in years.

Christofire
09-30-2009, 06:45 AM
I was reading Josh Looney's insider blog on KCChiefs.com this morning, and he makes this statement about Beisel:

"Beisel’s homecoming didn’t last long and was a bit surprising considering the was brought in as a free agent this offseason, but the fact of the matter is that Beisel wasn’t getting a lot of time on the field, even with injuries depleting the linebackers a bit."

Is there a stats site that lists the # of plays a guy has in a game? It would be interesting to track this across the roster. It'd give a lot more insight into who's not getting much love from Haley.

the Talking Can
09-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Whitlock, Athan, Chadiha and who?

this is Jeffri Chadiha, the man people on this board think is a genious, if he says it, it is true without question:

"But with all those questions, there's one that still makes more sense than any other: Why didn't the Patriots just pay former wide receiver Deion Branch in the first place? It would've saved them a lot more cash this offseason. It would've given them a better chance at beating Indianapolis in last season's AFC Championship Game. It also would have appeased Brady, who is extremely tight with Branch, along with a locker room full of teammates who had appreciated what that diminutive receiver had done to help New England win two Super Bowls during his tenure.

Instead, we now see the Patriots scrambling to fill a cavernous void with moves that still have the potential to harm them in the long run. By adding Moss to the roster in a draft-day trade with Oakland, New England essentially acknowledged that it would make a Faustian pact to improve its mediocre receiving corps. In doing so, the Patriots basically have admitted that the one constant in all their Super Bowl runs -- that unfailing team chemistry -- isn't as vital now as having a big name with a bad reputation running routes in their system. The prediction here is that it takes Moss less than eight games to rile Brady, head coach Bill Belichick and just about any Patriots loyalist who blindly has bought into this gamble.

The irony here isn't just that keeping Branch would have emboldened that chemistry or given the Patriots a receiver who has produced more receptions and yards than Moss has generated over the past two seasons. It's that when you combine New England's decision to trade him to Seattle with the team's current offseason spending spree, you can imagine New England eventually suffering through the kind of disharmony that eventually undermines a team's goals."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=2864062

the Talking Can
09-30-2009, 07:04 AM
here is more Chadiha, true genious:

There's a fierce intensity in the Kansas City Chiefs training camp that hasn't been seen in years. Defenders fly to the ball faster than ever. They smack ball carriers with more force than usual. They jump in the face of offensive players, just to let their teammates know they aren't playing second fiddle any longer. They do whatever it takes to catch the eye of defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham because they know jobs are on the line and he wants only the hungriest of competitors.

There can't be a happier man in Chiefs camp than Cunningham. When he stands at one edge of the practice field, his eyes hidden by yellow-tinted glasses and his Chiefs baseball cap pulled low on his forehead, he views a unit that finally has enough talent to play his style of defense. They have speed, quickness and instincts. Now all they need is that final touch that Cunningham knows how to provide -- the surly attitude that was the trademark of the Chiefs defenses he designed during the mid- to late 1990s.

Yes, it's early, but the Chiefs are looking like they could have a defense worth boasting about again. They have several key new faces -- most notably cornerback Patrick Surtain, strong safety Sammy Knight and linebackers Kendrell Bell and Derrick Johnson, the team's first-round pick in this year's draft -- but they also have an inspired Cunningham.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/jeffri_chadiha/08/09/chiefs.defense/index.html

stevieray
09-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Seriously, how many times are you going to say the same thing? We get it.

...it's all he's got, man, outside of pron.

He showed up when Herm did....at least Herm's gone.

milkman
09-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Ha ha... it really is.

One camp saying that Pioli just didn't do anything. He literally had to lock the door to the Chiefs facility to keep all the hall of fame free agents clamoring down our doors out. And barely even woke up for draft day. He's just like Carl. We're doooommeed!! Should have drafted Sanchex.

And the other camp... well... realistic.

I'm very glad to see his type of roster churn. It is very heartening to me after the abysmal performance last Sunday, when I was closer to turning in my Chiefs card then I think I have been in years.

Realistic, my ass.

Even bad teams can sign quality free agents that contribute to improving the overall talent level of the team.

The Dolphins last year signed Joey Porter and Jake Grove, the Falcons signed Michael Turner.

The Chiefs just signing a guy like Matt Birk on offense and Chris Canty on defense and actually drafting to the strength of this draft, the O-Line, would have been more productive than signing scrubs who do it the "right way".

SAUTO
09-30-2009, 07:40 AM

A.

ROFLROFL you act as though that is pioli AND BB is the genious, THEN say they are STILL running maroney out there.

hey buddy pioli isnt there anymore BB made that decision.

The Franchise
09-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Looks like we wanted to continue picking through the Patriots trash.

www.rotoworld.com

Chiefs signed CB Mike Richardson.
Richardson, a 2007 sixth-rounder, was cut by the Patriots in August. The Chiefs also signed LB David Harron.

milkman
09-30-2009, 07:55 AM
I swear to god, Pioli is operating in vacuum.

milkman
09-30-2009, 07:57 AM
ROFLROFL you act as though that is pioli AND BB is the genious, THEN say they are STILL running maroney out there.

hey buddy pioli isnt there anymore BB made that decision.

He's pointing out the fact that the Patriots, the team that Pioli was big part of, don't really do anything different than the rest of the league.

Context Jason.

Context.

Frosty
09-30-2009, 07:59 AM
They should have gotten it all done, signed a bunch of high priced FAs and hoped they were in the right spots.

Wait a minute. Didn't I read over and over the last two offseasons here that it's stupid to sign high dollar free agents until the foundation of the team is built through the draft? That free agency is for contenders to fill the few holes they have?

HemiEd
09-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Wait a minute. Didn't I read over and over the last two offseasons here that it's stupid to sign high dollar free agents until the foundation of the team is built through the draft? That free agency is for contenders to fill the few holes they have?

Oh that is so 2008, that doesn't work anymore unless you drafted Sanchez.

Of course now the trick, is to sign those free agents that are clamoring to join this awesome team, before they actually know what they needed. To hell with evaluations at training camp.

They should have known Pollard and McBride were a POS as soon as they took the job.

SAUTO
09-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Ahahaha, see I say something about Pioli so you say something about me. That's funny, so basically a view on the Chiefs that is less than positive is a personal affront to you?

If you'd like a unicorns and rainbows view you're more than welcome to go post at one of the homer boards.

AS FAR AS i can tell we are more than welcome to post here too, but thanks anyway

ChiTown
09-30-2009, 08:35 AM

ROFL

ChiTown
09-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Looks like we wanted to continue picking through the Patriots trash.

www.rotoworld.com

Chiefs signed CB Mike Richardson.
Richardson, a 2007 sixth-rounder, was cut by the Patriots in August. The Chiefs also signed LB David Harron.

I'll say this much, at least our Coach and GM are keeping this interesting.

:LOL:

htismaqe
09-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Realistic, my ass.

Even bad teams can sign quality free agents that contribute to improving the overall talent level of the team.

The Dolphins last year signed Joey Porter and Jake Grove, the Falcons signed Michael Turner.

The Chiefs just signing a guy like Matt Birk on offense and Chris Canty on defense and actually drafting to the strength of this draft, the O-Line, would have been more productive than signing scrubs who do it the "right way".

Chris Canty wasn't coming to KC. He got big money from a team that actually has a good chance of winning it all...

Buehler445
09-30-2009, 09:40 AM
You know that is extreme hyperbole right?

Mark Sanchez is the only USC player I've ever openly lauded for the Chiefs to draft.

Bullshit. That WR that came out when we drafted Bowe you were Jonesing for badly. I've read the rest of this thread trying to remember his name. I'm pretty sure he was picked up by Carolina and hasn't been nearly as effective as Bowe. Anyway, his picture was your avatar and you wanted him bad.

But this shit is crazy. You people are pissed because Pioli cut Biesel? WHO THE FUCK CARES? He was a ST guy that made some plays for AZ. He shit his pants and he's gone. Big deal.

Pioli is arrogant. Who cares. Everybody is arrogant. You're arrogant FFS. You stated once that Morgan would be the starter halfway through his rookie training camp. You should be destroyed in the media, embarrassed for your shortcomings and fired immediately. Calm down dude. Biesel was a scrub. Goff, Thomas and Vrabel are guys that were admittedly brought in to set a tone, not rack up huge stats.

This team lacks playmakers and they didn't do a lot to add them. OK gotcha.

From what I read in this thread, you want us to chase impact playmakers, open up the checkbook and pay big time guys. You want us to go out and draft exciting players and set the world on fire with talent acquisition.

That sounds to me like what the Washington Redskins do every year. I do not want to be the Washinton Redskins.

Listen, there are a metric fuckton of moves that I would have liked the Chiefs to make. I don't think there is a poster on this board that didn't have a :spock: moment in the offseason. Shit happens. But I will say this: Cutting Monty Biesel is NOT the culmination of all of Pioli's shortcomings.

They cut a scrub. The world is not ending, they did not outlaw porn, Hitler did not come into power after hiding in a bunker for 64 years, building an army of death, an apocolyptic comet is not headed towards Earth. Monty Biesel got cut. Because he sucked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frosty
09-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Bullshit. That WR that came out when we drafted Bowe you were Jonesing for badly. I've read the rest of this thread trying to remember his name.

Dwayne Jarrett

Buehler445
09-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Dwayne Jarrett

That's it. No idea why I couldn't remember that.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
09-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Reggie Bush and Leinhart? Come on now just be honest.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Reggie Bush and Leinhart? Come on now just be honest.

The Chiefs weren't in a position to draft either.

And Buehler is right, he was pretty hot and heavy over Jarrett.

beach tribe
09-30-2009, 10:49 AM
What it's like to be a Chiefs fan.

SAUTO
09-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Bullshit. That WR that came out when we drafted Bowe you were Jonesing for badly. I've read the rest of this thread trying to remember his name. I'm pretty sure he was picked up by Carolina and hasn't been nearly as effective as Bowe. Anyway, his picture was your avatar and you wanted him bad.

But this shit is crazy. You people are pissed because Pioli cut Biesel? WHO THE FUCK CARES? He was a ST guy that made some plays for AZ. He shit his pants and he's gone. Big deal.

Pioli is arrogant. Who cares. Everybody is arrogant. You're arrogant FFS. You stated once that Morgan would be the starter halfway through his rookie training camp. You should be destroyed in the media, embarrassed for your shortcomings and fired immediately. Calm down dude. Biesel was a scrub. Goff, Thomas and Vrabel are guys that were admittedly brought in to set a tone, not rack up huge stats.

This team lacks playmakers and they didn't do a lot to add them. OK gotcha.

From what I read in this thread, you want us to chase impact playmakers, open up the checkbook and pay big time guys. You want us to go out and draft exciting players and set the world on fire with talent acquisition.

That sounds to me like what the Washington Redskins do every year. I do not want to be the Washinton Redskins.

Listen, there are a metric fuckton of moves that I would have liked the Chiefs to make. I don't think there is a poster on this board that didn't have a :spock: moment in the offseason. Shit happens. But I will say this: Cutting Monty Biesel is NOT the culmination of all of Pioli's shortcomings.

They cut a scrub. The world is not ending, they did not outlaw porn, Hitler did not come into power after hiding in a bunker for 64 years, building an army of death, an apocolyptic comet is not headed towards Earth. Monty Biesel got cut. Because he sucked.
Posted via Mobile Device

damn what a post from your cell:D

Chiefnj2
09-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Chris Canty wasn't coming to KC. He got big money from a team that actually has a good chance of winning it all...

Hard for him to want to come when you don't invite him for a visit and don't offer him a contract. He didn't sign a huge contract.

htismaqe
09-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Hard for him to want to come when you don't invite him for a visit and don't offer him a contract. He didn't sign a huge contract.

You don't know we didn't invite him.

And his contract was 6 years, $42M with $17.25M guaranteed.

Chiefnj2
09-30-2009, 11:05 AM
You don't know we didn't invite him.

And his contract was 6 years, $42M with $17.25M guaranteed.

17 guaranteed is the only important number and that is a pretty reasonable number for a starting 34 DE.

Pablo
09-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Glad to see the usual suspects are hard at work raging against the regime.

I hope your interactions with folks in the real world aren't nearly as miserable and repetitive as they are on CP.

CoWorker: You hear we let Beisel go? That kinda sucks. Guy used to be good.
Unhappy Poster: *stabs coworker in face with pen*

Every thread is now 'Unhappy poster is unhappy x1,000.'

But we have to fight the TF's brah! They must be eliminated. Anger must reign supreme. Because, ya know, there sure are a lot of pure, hardcore homers on this board nowadays. Just tons of them. So make sure you let everyone know just how unhappy you are about everything, all of the time, with every post in every thread.

So we don't forget. Because it's interesting.

LaChapelle
09-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Someone else mentioned it, I think they're right. Washington DC forum has poisoned us all. Everything is taken to the extreme in there.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Glad to see the usual suspects are hard at work raging against the regime.

I hope your interactions with folks in the real world aren't nearly as miserable and repetitive as they are on CP.

CoWorker: You hear we let Beisel go? That kinda sucks. Guy used to be good.
Unhappy Poster: *stabs coworker in face with pen*

Every thread is now 'Unhappy poster is unhappy x1,000.'

But we have to fight the TF's brah! They must be eliminated. Anger must reign supreme. Because, ya know, there sure are a lot of pure, hardcore homers on this board nowadays. Just tons of them. So make sure you let everyone know just how unhappy you are about everything, all of the time, with every post in every thread.

So we don't forget. Because it's interesting.

And people that bitch about other people that "bitch" are oh so important to the Chiefsplanet Ecosystem.

Pablo
09-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Someone else mentioned it, I think they're right. Washington DC forum has poisned us all. Everything is taken to the extreme in there.No.

TF's and Drafturbators are locked in an epic intrawebs battle. It's just as ignorant as the Cons and Liberals in DC.

"I'm so entrenched in my belief structure that you may as well not even speak to me!"

"Oh yeah, well I'm going to go into a shell and post how unhappy I am at any given chance."

It's like we have a clan of HonestChiefFan's now that go out of their way to be incredibly unhappy about pretty much everything.

Pablo
09-30-2009, 11:19 AM
And people that bitch about other people that "bitch" are oh so important to the Chiefsplanet Ecosystem.You're right. I only bitch about 1 post out of 100, and you're on par for 90/100 so you're clearly more important and interesting.

beach tribe
09-30-2009, 11:20 AM
And people that bitch about other people that "bitch" are oh so important to the Chiefsplanet Ecosystem.

That's what I always chuckle at. It's so ironic.

People who bitch about the bitching do it almost as much as the bitchers bitch. If a wood chuck could chuck wood.

milkman
09-30-2009, 11:21 AM
You're right. I only bitch about 1 post out of 100, and you're on par for 90/100 so you're clearly more important and interesting.

At least you acknowledge you're boring and irrelevent.

Credit where credit is due.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2009, 11:21 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

I don't give a fuck that they cut Monty Beisel. Don't care, at all. I thought he was a scrub before they signed him and he proved that on the field.

The problem as I see it is that Pioli and Haley went to great lengths to try to sell us on the idea that players like Bobby Engram, Zach Thomas, Mike Goff, Terrence Copper and yes, Monty Beisel were part of the grand scheme. That these guys were going to "mentor" the other players not familiar with the ways of Belichick and Parcells. And that these guys were a big part of the "Right 53".

Hell, so much so that just three days ago, Monty fucking Beisel was the FACE of the KCChiefs.com.

Honestly, I don't care about Beisel. I said all off-season that Beisel, Thomas, Engram, Goff and Copper were worthless scrubs that wouldn't make any other roster in the NFL. But the problem as I see it is that Pioli and Haley DIDN'T think they were scrubs. They THOUGHT these guys were part of the SOLUTION.

And THAT worries me. Not nearly as much as their complete and utter disregard for the offensive line, but it DOES worry me.

And I absolutely HATE the fact that they replaced these guys with MORE Patriots and Cardinal retards.

It's a growing pattern that's NOT paying dividends.

Pablo
09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
At least you acknowledge you're boring and irrelevent.

Credit where credit is due.Good to see you've recovered from stroking out over Barry Richardson.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
You're right. I only bitch about 1 post out of 100, and you're on par for 90/100 so you're clearly more important and interesting.

Thank you for recognizing this fact

milkman
09-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Good to see you've recovered from stroking out over Barry Richardson.

Good to see that your reading comprehension is still a kindergaten level.

Pablo
09-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Good to see that your reading comprehension is still a kindergaten level.Next year I'll be in the fist grade.

Pablo
09-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Thank you for recognizing this factPerhaps I should sprinkle in some JFC's in more of my posts. This will surely endear me to the greater CP crowd.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
No.

TF's and Drafturbators are locked in an epic intrawebs battle. It's just as ignorant as the Cons and Liberals in DC.

"I'm so entrenched in my belief structure that you may as well not even speak to me!"

"Oh yeah, well I'm going to go into a shell and post how unhappy I am at any given chance."

It's like we have a clan of HonestChiefFan's now that go out of their way to be incredibly unhappy about pretty much everything.

You really think that Dane is going out of his way to be unhappy?

I think if you really had your finger on the pulse around here, you'd know that if the organization gave him, or the others you're bitching about ANYTHING to be happy about, they'd be happy. Or at least give the credit that is due.

Just being rid of Herm and Carl is enough for some people, they can bury their head in the sand this year and talk about how it doesn't happen overnight, etc.

For some of us, however, we'd like to see some things happen that give us some hope for the future. Not the "right now", but the future.

Most of us knew that we'd suck this year. However, I think I can speak for Hamas, Dane, Milkman, DeezNutz, Mecca, etc when I say that there was an expectation that we'd see some moves to solidify our future - to build towards something, and that hasn't happened, no matter how much you want to argue.

Outside of the draft picks, there hasn't been a single move that would make anyone think, "Hey, that player is going to help us win an AFC Championship down the road."

Outside of the draft, they spent 8 months of offseason replacing Herm and DV's shit with their own shit. Not a single player was brought in over 8 months that improved the team - they've all been a wash at best, and in some cases, have been downgrades.

So, like I said, I'm not sure what some of you would like them to be positive about, unless you just want them to be satisfied with the fact that someone other than Herm and Carl are running the show.

milkman
09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Next year I'll be in the fist grade.

Why?

Don't they see that you've been an asset and a mentor to the rest of the kindergarden kids that have passed through over the years?

You're the Monty Beisel of Kindegarden, and they want to cut you too?

Pablo
09-30-2009, 11:33 AM

Sorry. I should have said going out of their way to let us all know how unhappy they are.

Pablo
09-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Why?

Don't they see that you've been an asset and a mentor to the rest of the kindergarden kids that have passed through over the years?

You're the Monty Beisel of Kindegarden, and they want to cut you too?Weak smack is weak.

milkman
09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Sorry. I should have said going out of their way to let us all know how unhappy they are.

So what would you have him, or any of us, do?

This is a forum to discuss opinions.

Those of us that are unhappy with almost everything that Pioli has done aren't going out of our way to let anyone know how unhappy we are, unles you think that simply logging on and posting is going out of our way.

This is a place to post opinions, and that is all we are doing.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2009, 11:36 AM

He's not going any further out of his way to say how unhappy his is, than the folks that do nothing but invoke Pioli's name are in telling us all how they "hope" everything will be just fine.

Micjones
09-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Not a single player was brought in over 8 months that improved the team - they've all been a wash at best, and in some cases, have been downgrades.

This is where you lose me.

milkman
09-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Weak smack is weak.

No more weak that your uneducated Barry Richardson smack.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2009, 11:40 AM
This is where you lose me.

Then let's discuss it.

I'm going to pull together a list of the FA's we signed this offseason.

Gimme a minute.

Micjones
09-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Then let's discuss it.

I'm going to pull together a list of the FA's we signed this offseason.

Gimme a minute.

For the sake of clarity...
Are you excluding players acquired in trades?

That might end the argument before it even gets started.

Pablo
09-30-2009, 11:43 AM
I suppose I've just heard the exact same takes from the exact same people on the exact same issues so many fucking times that it's not even worth reading most of the threads anymore. Each thread follows a simple linear progression to an end result, with almost no variance.

It has more to do with me being sick and tired of hearing the exact same things over and over again more than anything else. It's like wandering into DC. You can predict what posters are going to say what and when and why. Post a Pioli thread; and posters A, B, and C will make the same comments they made in the last Pioli thread. Repeat ad naseum. It just makes The Lounge less enjoyable.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Perhaps I should sprinkle in some JFC's in more of my posts. This will surely endear me to the greater CP crowd.

Maybe if you posted something, like say, an opinion, that might endear you to the CP crowd.

But bitching about people that have serious, detailed issues about how the Chiefs have been run and are continuing to be run, is absurd.

If you don't like what I (we) have to say, use the ignore function.

Believe me, I have plenty of people on ignore.

Pablo
09-30-2009, 11:44 AM
No more weak that your uneducated Barry Richardson smack.I know the exact argument you were making with your Richardson rant. It wasn't that hard to discern. I was just being a dick in that post.

HemiEd
09-30-2009, 11:45 AM

I think if you really had your finger on the pulse around here, you'd know that if the organization gave him, or the others you're bitching about ANYTHING to be happy about, they'd be happy. Or at least give the credit that is due.

Just being rid of Herm and Carl is enough for some people, they can bury their head in the sand this year and talk about how it doesn't happen overnight, etc.

For some of us, however, we'd like to see some things happen that give us some hope for the future. Not the "right now", but the future.

Most of us knew that we'd suck this year. However, I think I can speak for Hamas, Dane, Milkman, DeezNutz, Mecca, etc when I say that there was an expectation that we'd see some moves to solidify our future - to build towards something, and that hasn't happened, no matter how much you want to argue.

Outside of the draft picks, there hasn't been a single move that would make anyone think, "Hey, that player is going to help us win an AFC Championship down the road."

Outside of the draft, they spent 8 months of offseason replacing Herm and DV's shit with their own shit. Not a single player was brought in over 8 months that improved the team - they've all been a wash at best, and in some cases, have been downgrades.

So, like I said, I'm not sure what some of you would like them to be positive about, unless you just want them to be satisfied with the fact that someone other than Herm and Carl are running the show.

A lot of the "true Genious's" seemed happy with the Wade signing, is that no longer true?

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I suppose I've just heard the exact same takes from the exact same people on the exact same issues so many fucking times that it's not even worth reading most of the threads anymore. Each thread follows a simple linear progression to an end result, with almost no variance.

It has more to do with me being sick and tired of hearing the exact same things over and over again more than anything else. It's like wandering into DC. You can predict what posters are going to say what and when and why. Post a Pioli thread; and posters A, B, and C will make the same comments they made in the last Pioli thread. Repeat ad naseum. It just makes The Lounge less enjoyable.

Well, until this team actually improves, I think people will continue to have issue with how they're run.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2009, 11:46 AM
For the sake of clarity...
Are you excluding players acquired in trades?

That might end the argument before it even gets started.

Excepting Cassel/Vrabel, because a 2009 pick was used.

As you can see, my statement covered the players we obtained outside of the draft:

Micjones
09-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Excepting Cassel/Vrabel, because a 2009 pick was used.

As you can see, my statement covered the players we obtained outside of the draft:

Fair enough.

I would argue, though, that Bobby Wade and perhaps Mike Brown have helped to improve the team.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2009, 11:47 AM
A lot of the "true Geniuous's" seemed happy with the Wade signing, is that no longer true?

I'm very happy about the Bobby Wade acquisition.

But, OTWP did state that the front office hasn't acquired anyone that will help us down the road to win an AFC Championship.

I think Bobby Wade helps this team now and most likely, next year as well.

But in 2012?

milkman
09-30-2009, 11:49 AM
I know the exact argument you were making with your Richardson rant. It wasn't that hard to discern. I was just being a dick in that post.

And I was just trying to lighten up with the Monty Beisel KG post, so let's move on.

As for your previous post, the same arguments will continue to rage until something different happens to give a new arguments to rage on.

HemiEd
09-30-2009, 11:50 AM

But, OTWP did state that the front office hasn't acquired anyone that will help us down the road to win an AFC Championship.

But in 2012?

Just asking, because it was rather positive around here that day. He is 27 right?

If 27 is too old for the window, that would pretty well take them back to draft age, wouldn't it?

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2009, 11:51 AM
CJ Jones
Travis Daniels
Corey Mays
Terrence Copper
Bobby Engram
Monty Beisel
Mike Goff
Rodney Wright
Zach Thomas
Sean Ryan
Tony Curtis
Eric Ghiaciuc
Mike Brown
Vince Redd
Amani Toomer
Matt Gutierrez
Tom Gafford
Ashlie Lelie
Ndukwe
Andy Alleman
Ryan O'Callaghan
Bobby Wade
Leonard Pope
Mike Richardson
Lance Long
David Herron

Now, who on that list either:

a) Is an upgrade to the player they replaced;

b) Is anything more than a place-holder;

c) Will have any significant role in bringing a championship to KC in the future.

Bobby Wade MIGHT be the only guy on that list that fits any of those criteria.

And that is fucking pathetic, IMO.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Just asking, because it was rather positive around here that day. He is 27 right?

He's 28 years old and will be 29 in February.

SDChiefs
09-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I really thought Biesel would stick for special teams if nothing else. I wonder who he pissed off or if he was a tad to expensive for special teams only.

Um, did you see the punt he let roll into the endzone?

The Franchise
The thing that pisses me off the most about this whole situation is this...

Haley benched Bowe and DJ to get them to step up to this challenge and prove that they deserve to be a starter on this team.

Yet he continually lets Niswanger and Goff start even though they are fucking horrible. He even demoted Ndukwe for O'Callaghan. This better be because Ndukwe is moving into the RG position....or it's a stupid fucking move.

OnTheWarpath15

But in 2012?

This.

Hammock Parties
09-30-2009, 11:53 AM
CJ Jones
Travis Daniels
Corey Mays
Terrence Copper
Bobby Engram
Monty Beisel
Mike Goff
Rodney Wright
Zach Thomas
Sean Ryan
Tony Curtis
Eric Ghiaciuc
Mike Brown
Vince Redd
Amani Toomer
Matt Gutierrez
Tom Gafford
Ashlie Lelie
Ndukwe
Andy Alleman
Ryan O'Callaghan
Bobby Wade
Leonard Pope
Mike Richardson
Lance Long
David Herron

Upon further review...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii237/cbc82/GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

Ebolapox
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM

1) I don't really have an opinion one way or the other about pioli. I wish he'd have drafted sanchez. seriously. he's my qb in madden 2010 (and ron brace is my nose tackle). my opinion on that hasn't changed. has he made some decent moves? I guess. has he made some shitty moves? sure. this shit ain't getting built in a day, all I want to see is steady progress. the season ain't over, tritt.

2) it isn't just ONE view on the chiefs. it's every view on the chiefs. look, we get it. you're good at 'the draft.' you're great at madden and ncaa (insert various year so this post is correct into the future). we get it. you know everything. I don't dislike you, it has nothing to do with dislike. it has to do with my distaste of your methods.

3) re: mecca methods: I'm good at 'the draft' (one of the more asinine statements ever made on any message board, ftr), we should draft who I wanted, and we'd be better. look, dude. I get it. you love yourself some you. your long hair gets all the goth freaky chicks. but get a goddamned grip and come to terms with the fact that 'being good at the draft' and (insert year of) madden/ncaa has absolutely nothing to do with real success in the nfl. is pioli the answer? I fucking hope so. I literally wept when I was 12 years old after the loss to the colts in the playoffs (bono/elliot fuck us over game). but crowing about how constantly right you are (using hindsight) while bemoaning how a highly paid professional isn't doing EXACTLY what you'd have done is absolutely dumb. we get it. you're smart. but that doesn't change the fact that you have to pay to get into arrowhead the same as everybody else. look, I'm a smartass know-it-all offline too. I get it. but when it comes to football, give it a fucking rest.

HemiEd
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
This.

So 27 is too old for the window?

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Upon further review...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii237/cbc82/GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

Sadly, that sums it up.

Micjones
09-30-2009, 11:56 AM

But in 2012?

That's three seasons out.
I'm not sure you can ever really count on a Free Agent to contribute to your football team that long unless you get a second contract player at a position that has a long shelf life.

Is Wade even contracted out that far?
He'll be 31 then. It's possible that he still helps your football team then, but I think I'll concede that he probably won't.

What I think he does do is give your team some stability in the meantime.
Helps stabilize the situation with your QBOTF. Helps give your offense an opportunity to function and score points.

I'm not sure you can undersell the importance of what happens up until that time.

OnTheWarpath15
09-30-2009, 11:57 AM
So 27 is too old for the window?

My thought is that he'll never be more than a WR3, and probably won't even be on the team when we're competing for a Championship.

Age has little to do with it. Talent, however, does.

tonyetony
09-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Um, did you see the punt he let roll into the endzone?

Yep sure did. He wasn't the only one who fucked up on that play but yeah I saw it and it was pathetic. I won't miss him at all trust me. Belcher has a lot more potential than Beisel and I don't have a problem with him seeing the field and Beisel seeing the door.