PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I get to see Chiefs/Giants! Pick my feelings.

JD10367
09-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I get to see my first Chiefs game of the season up here in New England.

Please let me know how I should feel about this.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:22 PM
You should hope you have Giants on your fantasy team.

Bane
09-29-2009, 08:23 PM

Both defense and offense!!!ROFL

DumbHillbillies
09-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Have plenty of beer on hand and set up an appointment with a call girl for after the game.

LaChapelle
09-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Masturbating or fisting seems to be the common choices ROFL

JD10367
09-29-2009, 08:24 PM

Actually, I think I do have Eli as my backup QB and I might have the Giants' RB as well. But somehow I ended up with both Manning brothers, and I've been playing Peyton instead of Eli and Peyton's been doing well. Despite the Chiefs' 0-3 record, the Colts are playing Seattle in Indianapolis, so I'll probably still keep Eli on the bench.

JD10367
09-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Ooh, but I do have Mario Manningham (sp?), the Giants second-year wideout. I picked him up last week after I had to bench Wes Welker. Maybe I'll play Manningham but not Eli.

JD10367
09-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Masturbating or fisting seems to be the common choices ROFL

Yeah, but I do both of those anyway, regardless of the game I'm watching. :shrug:

Rain Man
09-29-2009, 08:29 PM
I thought you were a Patriots fan. Are you a Chiefs fan?

luv
09-29-2009, 08:33 PM

I'm starting Eli. Hill is playing St Louis, though. Ryan has a bye.

Didn't the Giants starters get benched during the fourth quarter last weekend as to not run up the score? Hoping he doesn't decide to do that again.

luv
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Oh, and I chose elated. You get to share in our experience. Not being a Chiefs fan, our suckage shouldn't bother you.

JD10367
09-29-2009, 08:40 PM
I thought you were a Patriots fan.

I am.

Are you a Chiefs fan?

I've never had anything against them (unlike other AFC teams I've naturally detested, like the AFC East competition and teams like Oakland and Denver). The Pats and Chiefs have never had a rivalry or ugliness (unlike the Pats and the "classy" Chargers). The Chiefs haven't been potent enough to be a playoff rival (e.g. Pitt, Indy). Plus you have Pioli and Cassel, who I like and am interested in seeing how they do.

So, I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I'm a fan of the Chiefs, if that makes sense.

Mecca
09-29-2009, 08:41 PM
I am.

I've never had anything against them (unlike other AFC teams I've naturally detested, like the AFC East competition and teams like Oakland and Denver). The Pats and Chiefs have never had a rivalry or ugliness (unlike the Pats and the "classy" Chargers). The Chiefs haven't been potent enough to be a playoff rival (e.g. Pitt, Indy). Plus you have Pioli and Cassel, who I like and am interested in seeing how they do.

That's a nice way of saying "I don't mind your team because they've been inferior so long that no one really cares"

luv
09-29-2009, 08:42 PM
I am.

Except we took out your QB last year. Of course, we no longer have Pollard (thank goodness).

Davechief
09-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Pick up Kevin Boss for your fantasy TE if available. I'm still kicking myself for starting Celek last week.

boogblaster
09-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Reality is, we'll lose and nobody will notice ... I'm on the end-of-the-season bandwagon ....

JD10367
10-05-2009, 07:13 AM
So, I did get to see the game. Although, for the first half and then some, I wished I hadn't. Damn, what a maddening team to watch. You can see the lack of talent, but you can see that they're trying hard. One play they look like bums, but then there's a flash of something here or there--a solid run, a good pass, a defensive play--that makes you think they could be better.

When Cassel had more time in the second half, he looked pretty good, but when that O-line doesn't block (which, unfortunately, is more often than not) then he's got no chance. I think Cassel could play better than he's played but, frankly, if Dr. Frankenstein made the Ultimate QB from parts of Brady, Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger, Brees, and Rivers, the creature probably still would get sacked and look like shit behind that O-line.

I still think there's hope for the Chiefs, especially in the second half of the season. Hitting .500 might no longer be a possibility but I can still see 6 or 7 wins.

Take heart. You're not the Rams, at least. Or the Browns. :shrug: