PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do you think Bradley is a 2nd WR?

RedThat
10-01-2009, 06:11 PM
In your opinion do you think he is capable of being a # 2 WR?

I think he is. I don't understand Haley's decision personally of benching him in week 2. He is clearly better then Bobby Wade. I like Bradley because he shows that he can make plays. He is definately more of a threat then Bobby Wade. My praise for Bradley does not imply any criticism towards Wade, I just feel Bradley is better and he should start the rest of the season.

Knock on wood, hopefully he stays healthy.

OnTheWarpath15
10-01-2009, 06:14 PM
On this team? Absolutely, provided he can stay healthy.

On another team? Not IMO.

keg in kc
10-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Not if he keeps getting penalties.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2009, 06:15 PM
He was benched in week 2 cuz his play was shitty.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-01-2009, 06:16 PM
I think benching Bradley was way overboard, he's got as good of ands as Bowe. He made mistakes , but damn just tell him what he did wrong and move on. We now have three good hands receivers on the offense.

RustShack
10-01-2009, 06:18 PM
I think Bowe is a legit 1st string WR, a healthy Bradley is a legit 2nd WR, and Wade is a great 3rd WR. Hell Engram is a pretty damn good 4th option too. This may not be a great WR Corps, but it is the best one in Chiefs history. A running game and Oline would make our WR's look leaps and bounds better.

Easy 6
10-01-2009, 06:21 PM
He has flashed well here & there, but not often enough, yet?, to say that he's anything special. He & the WR corp in general will get some better competition next year i'm sure.

BWillie
10-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Bradley would be cut on some good teams.

Red Beans
10-01-2009, 06:29 PM
His awareness. Those 3rd down receptions the other week, killed us. Just fucking killed us. He's got the physical skills, but mentally he needs work.

smittysbar
10-01-2009, 06:33 PM
A two on this team, but not sure what he would be on another 3rd or 4th maybe.

Sure-Oz
10-01-2009, 06:39 PM
On this team, yes...

probably a 3 or a 4 on a solid team

Red Coater
10-01-2009, 06:46 PM
throw him the ball and finde out. he has made some big plays for the chiefs from the time they got him.

ChiefsCountry
10-01-2009, 06:51 PM
He has the talent to be a #2 receiver in this league, right now I say he is a #3 or #4 on a good team.

chiefzilla1501
10-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I think he'd be a really good slot receiver, actually.

As for his benching... if you're talking about Brett Favre or Jeff Garcia, that's fine. They're veterans. They've made quick adjustments before. Otherwise, throwing a QB into his first start with a new team and forcing him to throw to a target he's only worked with for half a week is beyond stupid.

Whether Bradley's #2 material or not, benching him for the second game was a stupid decision. Especially given that with Asomugah covering Bowe, he should've been Cassel's #1 option.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Bradley was not benched in the second game.

He played from beginning to end.

He just SUCKS.

RustShack
10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I think he'd be a really good slot receiver, actually.

His knees can't handle that job.

LaChapelle
10-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Did he making through the off season and TC with out injury? He and Brodie should know each othr well from the tub.

blazzin311
10-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I think Bowe is a legit 1st string WR, a healthy Bradley is a legit 2nd WR, and Wade is a great 3rd WR. Hell Engram is a pretty damn good 4th option too. This may not be a great WR Corps, but it is the best one in Chiefs history. A running game and Oline would make our WR's look leaps and bounds better.

This.

WildTurkey
10-01-2009, 08:31 PM
He's terribly inconsistent.... you never know what you're getting from him... some games he looks like a legit #2 and makes some plays... but most of the time he's a non factor

chiefzilla1501
10-01-2009, 08:42 PM
He's terribly inconsistent.... you never know what you're getting from him... some games he looks like a legit #2 and makes some plays... but most of the time he's a non factor

I don't agree.

The Chiefs were an entirely different offense last season when they had him versus when they didn't. Granted, you're replacing him with shit, but he's a decent #2. Not a great one, but a decent one.

RustShack
10-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Hes good for gadget plays too.

Mecca
10-01-2009, 08:43 PM
On a good team...no.

keg in kc
10-01-2009, 08:44 PM
I think Bowe is a legit 1st string WR, a healthy Bradley is a legit 2nd WR, and Wade is a great 3rd WR. Hell Engram is a pretty damn good 4th option too. This may not be a great WR Corps, but it is the best one in Chiefs history. A running game and Oline would make our WR's look leaps and bounds better.That's only if you don't count Gonzalez as a reciever. Which he was. And I would say that Gonzalez and Bowe and Bradley from last year was better than Bowe and anybody else he lines up with this year, whether that's Bradley and Wade or any other combination. Ditto for Gonzalez and Bowe and Webb/Parker/whoever. And I think we may see that reflected next offseason if and when they make a move for another receiver, as they've purportedly been trying to do with Boldin all offseason.

I think you just can't discount a 95 catch, 1100 yard guy like that...

RustShack
10-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I was talking WR's.

WildTurkey
10-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't agree.

The Chiefs were an entirely different offense last season when they had him versus when they didn't. Granted, you're replacing him with shit, but he's a decent #2. Not a great one, but a decent one.

he also had Tony G and D. Bowe taking heat off of him so essentially he was a #3 last year..... he played well.... now three games into this season is probably not enough to judge him but he just strikes me as the kind of player that doesn't always have his head in the game

keg in kc
10-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I was talking WR's.And I'm saying Gonzalez is a 2a or 1b receiver, regardless of where the roster says he lines up. Dude already has 13 catches for 160 yards and 2 TD for Atlanta, where he leads the team in yards and scores, and is second in catches and yards/catch. He's as much a WR for them as White or Jenkins. Same as he was here for a decade. He's got to count in any discussion of WR. He's a huge hole that somebody (or some group of somebodies) is eventually going to have to fill here.

Red Coater
10-01-2009, 08:52 PM
B. Edwards from the browns is gonna be a F.A. but is he even good. You really never hear about him. Is his stats good, from last year.

WildTurkey
10-01-2009, 08:52 PM
And I'm saying Gonzalez is a 2a or 1b receiver, regardless of where the roster says he lines up. Dude already has 13 catches for 160 yards and 2 TD for Atlanta, where he leads the team in yards and scores, and is second in catches and yards/catch. He's as much a WR for them as White or Jenkins. Same as he was here for a decade. He's got to count in any discussion of WR.

This... and consider last year Thigpen wouldn't take his fucking eyes off of him... so he was more a #1 WR than a TE

Chieficus
10-01-2009, 08:55 PM
B. Edwards from the browns is gonna be a F.A. but is he even good. You really never hear about him. Is his stats good, from last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8418

He has talent and can put up decent numbers, but he's known for having a very bad case of the dropsies...

keg in kc
10-01-2009, 08:56 PM
B. Edwards from the browns is gonna be a F.A. but is he even good. You really never hear about him. Is his stats good, from last year.I have obvious bias as a Michigan fan, but he's who I wanted us to get this offseason, if at all possible, as opposed to Boldin. I think he and Bowe lined up across from each other would be a nightmare. He's a big target with more top-end speed than Bowe, and I think his issue with drops from '08 is something they could coach out of him, if he doesn't work it out himself in '09. He'll only be 27, as well, in '10.

WildTurkey
10-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I think Edwards would be a great fit.... who's to say Haley doesn't work those drops out of him and make him even better.. that would be a steal

Chieficus
10-01-2009, 08:59 PM
And I'm saying Gonzalez is a 2a or 1b receiver, regardless of where the roster says he lines up. Dude already has 13 catches for 160 yards and 2 TD for Atlanta, where he leads the team in yards and scores, and is second in catches and yards/catch. He's as much a WR for them as White or Jenkins. Same as he was here for a decade. He's got to count in any discussion of WR. He's a huge hole that somebody (or some group of somebodies) is eventually going to have to fill here.

That's the thing... a lot of people said we never had a #1 WR... yeah we did, he was just bigger, slower, and at a different position, but still put up numbers and the prima donna attiude of the best WR's... :)

Being an OU product, Bradley's career has disappointed me. I think he has the talent, but for whatever reason (injury, drive, etc) he's gone onto the long list of never living up to it. But it would be interesting to see what he could do opposite of Bowe even without TG if we just had a line that could give the WR's time to get open and the QB time to find them...

Red Coater
10-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I have obvious bias as a Michigan fan, but he's who I wanted us to get this offseason, if at all possible, as opposed to Boldin. I think he and Bowe lined up across from each other would be a nightmare. He's a big target with more top-end speed than Bowe, and I think his issue with drops from '08 is something they could coach out of him, if he doesn't work it out himself in '09. He'll only be 27, as well, in '10.

Is it a dream or can it really happen.

WildTurkey
10-01-2009, 09:00 PM
That's the thing... a lot of people said we never had a #1 WR... yeah we did, he was just bigger, slower, and at a different position, but still put up numbers and the prima donna attiude of the best WR's... :)

Being an OU product, Bradley's career has disappointed me. I think he has the talent, but for whatever reason (injury, drive, etc) he's gone onto the long list of never living up to it. But it would be interesting to see what he could do opposite of Bowe even without TG if we just had a line that could give the WR's time to get open and the QB time to find them...

I think his problem is lack of focus... as he is obviously talented enough physically to be a good NFL WR.... who knows maybe Haley's coaching style will help get the most out of him

Chieficus
10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Is it a dream or can it really happen.

Well, one thing working in our favor: who really wants to play for the browns? Of course...if you really dig deep: who also would want to go from playing with the browns to playing with the Chiefs after these past few years...

Then again in sports enough money will buy you anything...and then promptly fail to live up to its billing...

But hey, if he can be had for the right price... Haley helped DB with his dropsies, it seems.

keg in kc
10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Is it a dream or can it really happen.It's hard to tell without knowing what's going to happen with the CBA. But he's actually going to be a restricted free agent (I think....) so it would most likely still be a trade situation.

Chieficus
10-01-2009, 09:04 PM
It's hard to tell without knowing what's going to happen with the CBA. But he's actually going to be a restricted free agent (I think....) so it would most likely still be a trade situation.

If that's true, it would make it considerably more difficult...

Ralphy Boy
10-01-2009, 09:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8418

He has talent and can put up decent numbers, but he's known for having a very bad case of the dropsies...

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html
In 2008, Edwards led the league in dropped balls with 16, Bowe was 2nd at 13 followed by Brandon Marshall with 12.

That said, I'd still love to have Edwards, was a big fan when he came out of college.

Red Coater
10-01-2009, 09:08 PM
well, i guess there is the draft.

keg in kc
10-01-2009, 09:09 PM
If that's true, it would make it considerably more difficult...I'm looking into it, it looks like he's a RFA if there's no new CBA. I'm really not sure to be honest, and I'm at work right now so I can't really spend any more time on it...

Anyway, pretty interesting read on receivers from the Miami Herald (be nice if we got insight like this from the star...):Miami Dolphins insist receivers are good enough; upgrading won't be easy (http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/1253470.html?)

By BARRY JACKSON
bjackson@MiamiHerald.com

It was late Monday, and Dolfans heard something familiar: ESPN's Ron Jaworski saying how ``Miami lacks explosiveness'' and Matt Millen bemoaning how the Dolphins ``cannot make a big play.''

So do the Dolphins need a game-breaking receiver? ``I don't think that is the case right now,'' coach Tony Sparano said. ``I am happy with the guys we have. They are getting better.''

The Dolphins might feel differently next spring. But if a new labor agreement isn't reached by the start of free agency, there would be no 2010 salary cap and top receivers Brandon Marshall (Denver), Braylon Edwards (Cleveland) and Vincent Jackson (San Diego) would be restricted free agents instead of unrestricted, allowing their teams to match offers, and requiring draft-pick compensation to lure them. The other top 2010 free agent receivers -- Buffalo's Terrell Owens (not wanted here) and Tampa Bay's Antonio Bryant -- would be unrestricted regardless. Teams can prevent unrestricted free agents from moving with use of their one franchise tag each offseason.

Why wasn't a top receiver acquired before now? General Manager Jeff Ireland has said management didn't want to give the money or compensation needed to go after a front-line receiver. A Dolphins executive told NFL people last spring that Miami has a higher regard for its receivers than others do, and wants to see if Ted Ginn Jr. blossoms.

Associates cite Bill Parcells' belief he can build an elite team without a star receiver. (Owens was forced on Parcells in Dallas.) ``That worked with the Giants, but Miami doesn't have the other pieces,'' former Falcons general manager Ken Herock said. ``The Giants had an All-Pro tight end in Mark Bavaro, a better quarterback in Phil Simms and were much better defensively.''

• Although the Dolphins like Anquan Boldin (signed through 2011) and spoke to Arizona in the spring, they didn't want to trade a first-round pick, which the Cardinals reportedly sought. If the Broncos deal the controversial Marshall next offseason, they would want a first-round pick, and there's no indication the Dolphins would do that. Word is Cleveland might deal Edwards eventually, but he is prone to drops.

• Although the Vontae Davis pick was understandable, some will question Miami for not taking Hakeem Nicks at No. 25 if he becomes a star for the Giants. But the consensus top seven receivers were gone when Miami took Pat White at No. 44. Brian Hartline made sense at No. 108, but the jury is out on Patrick Turner (87th). Miami had strongly considered speedy Johnny Knox, Chicago's impressive fifth-rounder.

• One NFC personnel director said the problem is ``none of Miami's receivers are special by any means'' and several have similar skills as possession receivers. Hartline has upside and got deep in preseason; Greg Camarillo said he, Davone Bess and Hartline are sharing snaps equally opposite Ginn.

• Mel Kiper's top three draft prospects, in order, at receiver (all juniors): Oklahoma State's Dez Bryant (ninth among all draftable prospects; ``dynamic receiver, punt returner and TD maker''); Illinois' Arrelious Benn (11th, ``silky smooth with excellent run-after-catch ability''); and USC's Damian Williams (19th). Kiper's top two senior receivers are Cincinnati's Mardy Gilyard and LSU's Brandon LaFell.

Red Coater
he will be the best F.A. WR wont he.

chiefzilla1501
I have obvious bias as a Michigan fan, but he's who I wanted us to get this offseason, if at all possible, as opposed to Boldin. I think he and Bowe lined up across from each other would be a nightmare. He's a big target with more top-end speed than Bowe, and I think his issue with drops from '08 is something they could coach out of him, if he doesn't work it out himself in '09. He'll only be 27, as well, in '10.

Would be nice, but this is my hunch. I don't think he's very happy with Mangini. And I don't see him as a guy who would embrace a disciplinarian.

Just my hunch. I don't think Braylon will end up in either Cleveland or KC. That's not a horrible thing, because when I watch him play, he often looks like he just doesn't care.

WildTurkey
10-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Would be nice, but this is my hunch. I don't think he's very happy with Mangini. And I don't see him as a guy who would embrace a disciplinarian.

Just my hunch. I don't think Braylon will end up in either Cleveland or KC. That's not a horrible thing, because when I watch him play, he often looks like he just doesn't care.

probably right... but I could see the Chiefs making a play for him.... Haley and Pioli obviously can see how bad our WR's are.... and Pioli has been known to pull the trigger on going out and acquiring one... will it be Edwards? who knows but It wouldn't surprise me in the least

Red Coater
10-01-2009, 09:16 PM
What about A. Bryant from Bucs? did good last year

WildTurkey
10-01-2009, 09:27 PM
I'd take him... there are a few good FA WR options coming next year... I think a guy like Lee Evans would be a nice compliment to Bowe as well