PDA

View Full Version : Football Gee, thanks NFL..

Joe Seahawk
10-02-2009, 10:22 AM
:cuss:

The NFL has contacted the Seahawks to apologize for two officiating errors in last Sunday's loss to the bears. The first error was the overturned Forte fumble call on the one yard line. After league analysis, it was determined that it was a fumble and possession should have gone to the Seahawks. This eventually led to a Greg Olsen touchdown reception. The second error occurred on the game winning touchdown pass to Hester. The League has acknowledged that there was a false start on the right tackle that should have resulted in the standard loss of yardage and down replay. The go-ahead touchdown catch should have not have counted.

wildcat09
10-02-2009, 10:25 AM
What does this solve? Its not like this really changes anything......

Demonpenz
10-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Meh. Karma for that Steelers Superbowl that was handed to you.

vailpass
10-02-2009, 10:28 AM
I know how you feel. It's like last year when they blew that call that cost Denver the game against San Diego.
Oh, wait........

Gonzo
10-02-2009, 10:31 AM
You know.... I kinda feel sorry for Seahawk fan a little bit...

When they were in the AFC West, they actually had rivals. San Diego was probably their biggest.

Who have they got now?

Just Passin' By
10-02-2009, 10:34 AM
You know.... I kinda feel sorry for Seahawk fan a little bit...

When they were in the AFC West, they actually had rivals. San Diego was probably their biggest.

Who have they got now?

The NFL front office?

notorious
10-02-2009, 11:15 AM
:cuss:

It's just two touchdowns, a good team will overcome a bad call.

Bullshit.

People don't realize that the NFL is so close in competition, one blown call WILL decide a game. The NFL needs to hand out fines to their referees for badly blown calls like the ones listed above.

sedated
10-02-2009, 11:19 AM
the seahawks rank up there with the browns as the NFL's red-headed step-child.

"We fukt you out of a super bowl. Sorry."

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Wow. Officials really hate Seattle...

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2009, 11:25 AM
It's just two touchdowns, a good team will overcome a bad call.

Bullshit.

People don't realize that the NFL is so close in competition, one blown call WILL decide a game. No kidding. Just ask the Chargers last season during the Denver game.

Hydrae
10-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Certainly not the first time the 'Hawks have been apologized to for refereeing mistakes that cost them a game. Pretty bad though when the replay was incorrect, how many more tools do we have to give the refs before they can actually get the correct call?

notorious
10-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Certainly not the first time the 'Hawks have been apologized to for refereeing mistakes that cost them a game. Pretty bad though when the replay was incorrect, how many more tools do we have to give the refs before they can actually get the correct call?

Sometimes I wonder WTF they are looking at when my Panasonic HD Plasma shows what happened in crystal clarity.

Sometimes it's so obvious that they have to make up a new rule to cover a blown call:Tuck Rule. I thank God every day that it happened against the Raiders and not another team......

Monty
10-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Reminds me of the apology sent to the Chiefs after the '97 playoff game against the Broncos....the apology was too little too late and it changed nothing.

ChiefGator
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM
That bites.

Joe, I was looking around for you the other day to ask you this. What do you think of Forsett? Do you think he has a chance to replace Jones by the end of the year? In his limited touches, it appears he is better this year.

Yeah... sorry... this is a fantasy football question basically.

dred
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM
That last TD pass to Hester helped to win 2 of my fantasy games last week.

:P

Frosty
10-02-2009, 11:44 AM
That reversal on the Forte fumble was one of the worst jobs of officiating I have ever seen. It also directly led to a touchdown that got Chicago back in the game.

That crew is led by a new head ref and he mismanaged the game the whole way.

Rooster
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
The refs were probably blinded by the neon gree uniforms they were wearing.

listopencil
10-02-2009, 12:15 PM
It was punishment for those jerseys.

58kcfan89
10-02-2009, 12:28 PM
The refs were probably blinded by the neon gree uniforms they were wearing.

This.

It was punishment for those jerseys.

And this.

Will there be any punishment for the refs? That's pretty crappy of the NFL to say that and not actually do anything...

Spott
10-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Maybe they missed the calls because they were blinded by those lime green jerseys.

Megbert
10-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Sometimes I wonder WTF they are looking at when my Panasonic HD Plasma shows what happened in crystal clarity.

Sometimes it's so obvious that they have to make up a new rule to cover a blown call:Tuck Rule. I thank God every day that it happened against the Raiders and not another team......

http://zonavintage.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mattel-football.jpg

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2009, 03:22 PM
http://zonavintage.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mattel-football.jpgAwesome! I loved that game. I had Head-to-Head too.

notorious
10-02-2009, 04:58 PM
http://zonavintage.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/mattel-football.jpg

I have that one and the green one that lets you run backwards if needed. Sweet game.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Once the Seahawks apologize to the NFL for last weeks uni's everything will be even.