PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Choose Your Own Chiefs Adventure, But Stick With It

blazzin311
10-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Choose Your Own Chiefs Adventure, But Stick With It

by Ridiculous Matt on Oct 2, 2009 2:30 PM CDT in 2009 Campaign

There's no wrong way to be a fan, as long as you're not disrespecting your fellow fans, crossing lines of human decency, or generally being a Raiders fan. You can be pessimistic, optimistic, hedonistic, fanatic, dramatic, or just plain crazy. However someone chooses to exhibit their support of a sports franchise is within their rights.

But you've got to stick to your approach. What am I getting at?

Don't demand change then question the changes themselves.

A growing belief this week has been hot on the blame train. Not only did Pioli and Haley fail the fanbase by not committing more money to free agents in a weak free agency year without having been through a single training camp, but now they're weakening this roster by constantly tweaking and replacing parts.

The idea is that Haley and Pioli are over their heads. The performance of the team on Sunday was unacceptable, but actually doing something about it is a mistake. The offensive line is a disaster. A Grade-A disaster. But bringing in more guys to replace the unacceptable ones breeds "instability." You know, because if your team sucks, you definitely don't want to upset that delicate balance. Why are they bringing in practice guys? They aren't any good! Which would still mean they're better than our guys currently. Not possessing the quality of good is superior to the quality of draining all good from the souls of your fanbase.

It's one thing to let the decisions that have been made alter your opinion of the job being done (and that's a popular movement, according to the approval polls). It's another to constantly demand two things. Win now and win later. Improve the team at all costs but don't rock the boat. We can believe Haley and/or Pioli suck as much as we want. But don't blame them for putting out a terrible team on the field and then question them when they try and correct it.

Right now, we're spelunking in a sewer. Any way we turn, we're headed in a direction, but we're still covered in crap.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/10/2/1065767/choose-your-own-chiefs-adventure#storyjump

Decent article. I suppose there's some truth to this.

Marcellus
10-02-2009, 04:06 PM
ROFL. I can't believe this hasn't turned into a knock down drag out thread already.

Halfcan
10-02-2009, 04:52 PM
so where the hell is the adventure-I guess he means getting sunburned at the home opener and watching Haley choke the game away??

fun times

Skip Towne
10-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Since this is a league of parity and every team is supposed to be about equal, why is everybody so much better than us?

chiefs1111
10-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Since this is a league of parity and every team is supposed to be about equal, why is everybody so much better than us?

Because all the other teams cheat,that's gotta be it.....

Skip Towne
10-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Because all the other teams cheat,that's gotta be it.....

Then I propose we start cheating.

Quesadilla Joe
10-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Not only did Pioli and Haley fail the fanbase by not committing more money to free agents in a weak free agency year

Not true. Denver only has 4 returning starters from last years defense and now they have the best defense in the NFL.

Brock
10-02-2009, 05:12 PM

The Chiefs hit the trifecta over the past decade of worthless coaches, bad draft picks, and awful free agent signings. Matt Millen out-drafted the Chiefs.

FAX
10-02-2009, 05:14 PM
The Chiefs hit the trifecta over the past decade of worthless coaches, bad draft picks, and awful free agent signings. Matt Millen out-drafted the Chiefs.

Exactly. Our draft history over the last 20 years is at or very near the bottom of the league in terms of players still in the league.

We've functioned as a darn good developmental squad for the CFL, though.

FAX

Marcellus
10-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Not true. Denver only has 4 returning starters from last years defense and now they have the best defense in the NFL.

Slow your roll homie and check those stats again after the next 4 weeks.

chiefbowe82
10-02-2009, 05:18 PM
marcellus can i get you to make a thead for me real quick?

Skip Towne
10-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Exactly. Our draft history over the last 20 years is at or very near the bottom of the league in terms of players still in the league.

We've functioned as a darn good developmental squad for the CFL, though.

FAX

That's OK, we don't fit very well in this league anyhow. We aren't pariable.