PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs buzz: Giants still respect Larry Johnson

Tribal Warfare
10-03-2009, 03:31 AM
Chiefs buzz: Giants still respect Larry Johnson (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1485967.html)

Giants won’t take LJ lightly Sunday

Larry Johnson might be advancing past his dominant years, but New York Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce said Friday that Johnson still presents enough of a threat that the Giants are taking him seriously.

Pierce said Johnson’s 2.5-yard rushing average is “misleading” because of one bad game, last week’s loss at Philadelphia.

“He still has a lot of missed tackles going on with him,” Pierce said. “The guy still has downhill speed and power.

“We still have our hands full, obviously, (with) a very explosive and powerful back.”

Haley undecided on starting right tackle

Chiefs coach Todd Haley said he would wait to pick a starting right tackle for Sunday’s game. Ikechuku Ndukwe started each of Kansas City’s first three games, but he was listed this week as the second-team right tackle, behind Ryan O’Callaghan.

Haley said that, if nothing else, he learned what O’Callaghan could do, weeks after the Chiefs claimed him on waivers after he was let go by New England.

Injury report

Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (hamstring) was limited in Friday’s practice, but Haley said he was “encouraged” by Bowe’s progress. He’ll be questionable for Sunday’s game.

Linebacker Derrick Johnson (groin) was a full participant, and Haley said he expected Johnson to play.

For the Giants, defensive tackle Chris Canty (calf), cornerback Aaron Ross (hamstring), wide receiver Domenik Hixon (knee) and running back Danny Ware (elbow) are out, and linebacker Clint Sintim (groin) is questionable. Running back Ahmad Bradshaw (ankle/foot) is probable.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2009, 03:50 AM
But but but Larry is washed up and worthless...

Tribal Warfare
10-03-2009, 04:01 AM

honestly this last game, was the 1st game I thought Larry looked old. Their were holes but he didn't explode through them like he use to.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Their were holes

Yeah, and I'm a chinese jet pilot.

Tribal Warfare
10-03-2009, 04:10 AM

The play that really showed this to me was when KC was running an off tackle play by Albert. Larry had the hole, but instead of blasting through it for 15 to 20 yards he went down for 3 instead. It was really disappointing too, because he looked like he was in slow motion in comparison to the LJ of previous years.

Skip Towne
10-03-2009, 05:05 AM
He used to be able to beat the LB's to the corner. Not any more.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Larry has no confidence in his OL. He wasn't expecting there to be a hole available .

Consistent1
10-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Did anybody here really think he was good anymore? They shudda been cutting his ass. Wait, he might still get 700 yards for a 1-15 team, SAVE Larry...

OnTheWarpath15
10-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Yeah, and John Harbaugh said Tamba Hali was “as good a player as you’re going to see.”

Gonzo
10-03-2009, 06:49 AM
They're just patronizing the Chiefs. It's kinda like the chubby girl at the strip club who dances from 3:00 - 4:00 pm. Everyone's trying to enjoy themselves but you can't get past the strech marks and c-section scars. You throw her a couple bucks so you can feel better about yourself knowing she can use that money to buy her 13 year old a trapper keeper.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
10-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Fearing Larry?

Only if the Giants have women playing on the DL...

No one should fear Larry...

Bane
10-03-2009, 07:35 AM
They're just patronizing the Chiefs. It's kinda like the chubby girl at the strip club who dances from 3:00 - 4:00 pm. Everyone's trying to enjoy themselves but you can't get past the strech marks and c-section scars. You throw her a couple bucks so you can feel better about yourself knowing she can use that money to buy her 13 year old a trapper keeper.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah you know if the Giants players were to read that article they'd all be laughing and saying........HA they believe that shit!!!! Those silly silly Chiefs!!!!LMAO

Bane
10-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Yeah, and John Harbaugh said Tamba Hali was “as good a player as you’re going to see.”

Are you shitting me? I guess I never heard that...:banghead:

Warrior5
10-03-2009, 08:21 AM

racist.

wazu
10-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Larry has no confidence in his OL. He wasn't expecting there to be a hole available .

Then bench him.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Then bench him.

:thumb:

DeezNutz
10-03-2009, 08:38 AM

My first thought, exactly.

TheGuardian
10-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Larry was never a blazing guy to the hole like some here think. He was always better once he got his shoulders squared to the line and could either make a guy miss or use his power. The problem now is, Larry doesn't have confidence in his line so he's more hesitant. It's not a matter of him losing speed. He hasn't. It's a matter of him not being confident that there is going to be a seam where he thinks it is supposed to be. So he's hesitating because he's having to wait and look for the crease. Larry is only 29 without a lot of tread on his tires over the last two seasons. He's not slower, he just doesn't have anywhere to run.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Larry was never a blazing guy to the hole like some here think. He was always better once he got his shoulders squared to the line and could either make a guy miss or use his power. The problem now is, Larry doesn't have confidence in his line so he's more hesitant. It's not a matter of him losing speed. He hasn't. It's a matter of him not being confident that there is going to be a seam where he thinks it is supposed to be. So he's hesitating because he's having to wait and look for the crease. Larry is only 29 without a lot of tread on his tires over the last two seasons. He's not slower, he just doesn't have anywhere to run.

I agree with this. I think he's a Shaun Alexander type. If the o-line does their job, he'll do his. I don't think that means he needs a pro bowl line. But he needs the line to at least get him to the next level. Once he's squared up against linebackers and safeties, he's dangerous.

And I agree about the hesitation. I don't think he looks slow as much as he looks hesitant. He's stutter-stepping and delaying instead of exploding into the hole.

milkman
10-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I agree with this. I think he's a Shaun Alexander type. If the o-line does their job, he'll do his. I don't think that means he needs a pro bowl line. But he needs the line to at least get him to the next level. Once he's squared up against linebackers and safeties, he's dangerous.

And I agree about the hesitation. I don't think he looks slow as much as he looks hesitant. He's stutter-stepping and delaying instead of exploding into the hole.

He's not stutter stepping and delaying.

He's running as hard and as fast as he can right into the line's asses.

stormtrooper
10-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Hes just hyping up larry so they look good when they stuff him. Look what flacco said about Hali.

Sure-Oz
10-03-2009, 09:46 AM

He's killing my fantasy team to the point where i'd rather keep ahmad bradshaw and cut him for reggie bush or jonathan stewart.

Tribal Warfare
10-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Larry was never a blazing guy to the hole like some here think.

The guy use to have 4.35 speed until Herm ruined him, and gochiefs use to have the 99 yard run on YouTube until they took it off to prove my point.

Sure-Oz
10-03-2009, 09:54 AM
I'd say that foot injury probably has fucked him up more than people think

Consistent1
10-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, that was my sister dawg. But LJ just looked weak to me this year from pictures and all that. I know that doesn't mean a lot, but he still does not look right. This team really sucks boys, from top to bottom. It's frustrating, but they could have just been done with LJ from the start. What good will he ever do on a winning team that is yet to come?

LaChapelle
10-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Respect is not fear? I'm slowly learning. Sometimes it's a postmortem eulogy.

tboss27
10-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Chiefs buzz: Giants still respect Larry Johnson (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1485967.html)

Giants won’t take LJ lightly Sunday

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2009, 11:35 AM
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Analogy buzz: US All World Olympic Basketball Team NOT taking Luxembourg for granted. (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1485967.html)

But but but Luxembourg is washed up and worthless...

TheGuardian
10-03-2009, 11:36 AM
The guy use to have 4.35 speed until Herm ruined him, and gochiefs use to have the 99 yard run on YouTube until they took it off to prove my point.

I'm talking behind the line. Larry still has good speed IMO, he just doesn't get those kinds of creases to get going anymore. And I don't think Larry needs some all world line to have a great year either. But it's not even adequate right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm talking behind the line. Larry still has good speed IMO, he just doesn't get those kinds of creases to get going anymore. And I don't think Larry needs some all world line to have a great year either. But it's not even adequate right now.

See here we agree. A mid-ranked, pedestrian line is all that super-talent requires to be great.
Case in point, Jets/Sanchez.:)

milkman
10-03-2009, 11:42 AM
See here we agree. A mid-ranked, pedestrian line is all that super-talent requires to be great.
Case in point, Jets/Sanchez.:)

........And away we go............

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2009, 11:53 AM
........And away we go............

LMAO

Hey man, in the eyes of half this board, that O-line went from "gonna get him killed/wow they suck" against the Ravens to "If Cassel had a line that All World he'd be PUTTING UP TEH TOUCHDOWNS TO ELEVENTY BILLION FTW"!!!!111!!!

Pioli Zombie
10-03-2009, 12:11 PM
LMAO

Hey man, in the eyes of half this board, that O-line went from "gonna get him killed/wow they suck" against the Ravens to "If Cassel had a line that All World he'd be PUTTING UP TEH TOUCHDOWNS TO ELEVENTY BILLION FTW"!!!!111!!!

You can't have it both ways. He had a decent line in New England, threw for nearly 4,000 yards, and won 11 games. Now he has a shitty line and is struggling but when people say hed be fine with a strong supporting cast they get called dummies. He had one and succeeded!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2009, 12:21 PM
You can't have it both ways. He had a decent line in New England, threw for nearly 4,000 yards, and won 11 games. Now he has a shitty line and is struggling but when people say hed be fine with a strong supporting cast they get called dummies. He had one and succeeded!
Posted via Mobile Device

Uh, I'm not arguing the proven fact that a good line helps the QB, I'm saying that the anti-Sanchez crew looked at NY's incredibly pedestrian line getting man-handled by Baltimore, declared Sanchez doomed, not even .500 for the Jets in 09, and then declared that same line All World two weeks later.

In short, two-faced dumbassery got it's ass kicked by the FAIL stick.

stevieray
10-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Even if the Chiefs win, it won't because of their efforts, it will be because the Giants played badly...it's a win/win situation

Pioli Zombie
10-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Even if the Chiefs win, it won't because of their efforts, it will be because the Giants played badly...it's a win/win situation
The only way the Chiefs win is if the Giants forfeit because 37 of their players decided to have a David Carradine Auto Erotic Asphyxiation Appreciation Night at their Hotel and it all went horribly wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
10-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Uh, I'm not arguing the proven fact that a good line helps the QB, I'm saying that the anti-Sanchez crew looked at NY's incredibly pedestrian line getting man-handled by Baltimore, declared Sanchez doomed, not even .500 for the Jets in 09, and then declared that same line All World two weeks later.

In short, two-faced dumbassery got it's ass kicked by the FAIL stick.
Oh. As Gilda used to say. Never mind.:)
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
10-03-2009, 01:28 PM

For whom?

stevieray
10-03-2009, 01:29 PM
For whom?

shirley, you jest.

Halfcan
10-03-2009, 02:52 PM
I will be surprised if LJ is abpe to gain more than 40 yards.

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2009, 04:02 PM
LMAO

What land of make believe do you pull these arguments from?

Nobody said that. Nobody ever will.

The point everybody is making is that you can't succeed as a quarterback with a horrendous blocking offensive line, a defense that can't stay off the field, and a running game that can't extend drives because they have no blocking whatsoever.

Is that really in dispute? In trying to downplay Cassel, you're making excuses for the offensive line. And they have by far been the worst part of the Chiefs' 2009 season.

Easy 6
10-03-2009, 04:40 PM
While i dont believe that LJ is as washed up as some think, its hard to envision him starting, maybe even not being here, next year.

Larry will continue to struggle with this line, he cant 'create' on the fly, he's too much of a long-striding, minimal wiggle guy who needs a few steps to build speed & power through. Put him in Carolina, or any other team with a solid run blocking line & he would look more like the player from 4 years ago.

My guess is that Pioli/Haley will continue to jettison leftovers in earnest next year, as they put their own stamp on the team & find 'their guys'.

kcroyalsmiller
10-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Found this link thought it was pretty funny, just be glad we don't have Russell

backseatfan.com/index.php/2009/09/jamarcus-russell-is-terrible/

It just makes your day better

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2009, 05:49 PM
What land of make believe do you pull these arguments from?

Nobody said that. Nobody ever will.

Bullshit.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Found this link thought it was pretty funny, just be glad we don't have Russell

backseatfan.com/index.php/2009/09/jamarcus-russell-is-terrible/

It just makes your day better

The same Jamarcus Russell that punked the Chiefs at the end of the game a couple of weeks ago?

If he is that suck, what is our defense?

Dylan
10-03-2009, 06:50 PM
If anyone on his team has forgotten the lessons of last Oct. 13, Giants coach Tom Coughlin has been careful to remind them.

Vivid in their memory is last Oct. 13, when they came breezing into Cleveland with a jaunty 4-0 record and got ambushed 35-14 by an underdog Browns team that had lost three in a row.

"We know very well how that felt, going into that stadium undefeated, and maybe we started to feel good about ourselves a little bit more than was warranted," said defensive end Justin Tuck. "And we went in there and got our butt whupped."

"I am not falling into any of that nonsense," said Giants guard Chris Snee. "I look at that defense and see four first-round picks, a second-round pick and guys up front that I have to deal with. I am not getting caught up in any of that."

"The bottom line is don't get trapped," said defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka. "The bottom line is no matter how good you think you are, you have to go out there and perform on Sunday."

O'Callaghan, obtained on waivers from New England on Sept. 6, has some experience with the Giants. He started against them in the final regular-season game in 2007 and knows what it's like to face speed rushers such as Osi Umenyiora and Tuck.

"You've got to prepare for that," said O'Callaghan. "For the last couple of weeks we haven't necessarily had that. You prepare a little bit differently, knowing what their strengths are and what their weaknesses are. But saying that, you treat it like every other week. You've got to beat them no matter who's lined up there."

Source: compiled from various references

Mr. Plow
10-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Glad someone in the nfl still respects him because he's been washed up for a year and a half.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
10-03-2009, 07:07 PM
They are gonna respect him enough to help him up after they knock the dog snot outa him.

BFD

Seriously ... what else they gonna say.

DBOSHO
10-03-2009, 07:10 PM
i would like to see him traded to a real nfl line.

im curious of how much is the line and how much is him

KcFanInGA
10-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Larry actually stayed up after first contact last week, as well as dragging defenders. He still can play. Deal with it.

Mr. Plow
10-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Larry actually stayed up after first contact last week, as well as dragging defenders. He still can play. Deal with it.

ROFL

TheGuardian
10-03-2009, 08:38 PM
ROFL

You are an idiot.

TEX
10-03-2009, 08:41 PM

Yep. If the OL was anything but total shit, we could at least compete.

TEX
10-03-2009, 08:42 PM
i would like to see him traded to a real nfl line.

im curious of how much is the line and how much is him

Mostly the OL because the whole offense is crap.

Mr. Plow
10-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Your and idiot.

FYP.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 12:27 PM
10 caries, 46 yards

Suck it haters.

Suck it long and suck it hard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2009, 12:39 PM
10 caries, 46 yards

Suck it haters.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?!?!? YOU CALL THAT GREAT?!?!?!

God this team fucking sucks.

Fritz88
10-04-2009, 12:41 PM
10 caries, 46 yards

Suck it haters.

Pathetic.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 12:41 PM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?!?!? YOU CALL THAT GREAT?!?!?!

God this team fucking sucks.

Suck it, bitch.

Larry is producing today.

And you hate it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Suck it, bitch.

Larry is producing today.

And you hate it.

PRODUCING WHAT?!?!?!? ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH ON AIRPLANE GLUE?!?!

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 01:05 PM
PRODUCING WHAT?!?!?!? ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH ON AIRPLANE GLUE?!?!

Larry is running well today.

Please recognize it.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Another good run.

Fuck you, ROR.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Hooray for LJ and his awesome game-winning contributions today!

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Fuck you, ROR.

Fuck you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Fuck you, ROR.

Fuck you.

Fuck LJ.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Fuck Bernard Pollard, how about that?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Fuck Bernard Pollard, how about that?

Yep, fuck him and his team that can actually win a game. Poor Bernard.LMAO

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Another good run by Larry.

Eat shit, ROR.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Sean Ryan just stole LJ's touchdown.

Fuck that fucker!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-04-2009, 01:36 PM
TD DENIED!

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 02:22 PM
God dammit. Those fucking draw plays robbed LJ of 31 fucking yards in the fourth quarter.

He had 84 yards....and finished with 53.

GOD DAMMIT

Mr. Plow
10-04-2009, 03:32 PM
LJ IS BACK BAAAAAABY!!!1!!11!