PDA

View Full Version : Electronics I wont be getting the Chiefs this week on TV, but...

bowener
10-03-2009, 12:56 PM
do any of you have a slingbox or another product similar to it?

In principle it sounds good, but if what I read is correct, if I view it online, whoever has this at their house cannot watch their satellite, thus keeping the user from breaking copyright infringement.

Is there a way around this at all? I was thinking about purchasing one and having my brother set it up at his Florida home where he has sunday-ticket or at my parents where I will always get all the Chiefs games.

Granted, I am not doing this just to watch the Chiefs, it would be nice to get HBO or NFLN or ESPN too.

I get nothing from the reviews online, or the technical stuff, I just need somebody to tell me about their experiences with these "placeshifting" devices.

Thanks.

edit: I didnt mean to post this in the lounge (can you please relocate this, mods). I will go punish my own n00b ass now.

Fritz88
10-03-2009, 12:59 PM
We'll hook you up with online streams. Just make sure you have a net connection of at least 215KBs/s

Fritz88
10-03-2009, 01:00 PM
if I view it online, whoever has this at their house cannot watch their satellite, thus keeping the user from breaking copyright infringement.

Not sure if this is true. You can watch it and they can watch it too. Correct me if I am wrong.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Slingbox is amazing... I have one and use it all the time when i am on the road......

Reerun_KC
10-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Yes I watch the same thing my wife watches at the same time...

BWillie
10-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm hoping for a blackout in Kansas City so I don't have to watch it

Fritz88
10-03-2009, 01:04 PM

Rep for useful information.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Rep for useful information.

Thing is, if I am watching football or basketball, She has to watch it. Or if I am on the road and she is watching something, I am stuck to watching it until she is done.

bowener
10-03-2009, 01:07 PM

Yeah, this is what I want to know... so if she is watching ESPN, you HAVE to watch ESPN if you are viewing online?

edit:

Thing is, if I am watching football or basketball, She has to watch it. Or if I am on the road and she is watching something, I am stuck to watching it until she is done.

Thanks for the info, this is what I was afraid of and am not sure how big of a fan I am of that.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, this is what I want to know... so if she is watching ESPN, you HAVE to watch ESPN if you are viewing online?

edit:

Thanks for the info, this is what I was afraid of and am not sure how big of a fan I am of that.

Send me a PM and if you want, I would let you demo this one I have tomorrow...

Send me a # to call and I can help you set it up?

Fritz88
10-03-2009, 01:12 PM

edit:

Well, you should have your slingbox at someone who's into football just like you. Preferably a Chiefs fan.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Well, you should have your slingbox at someone who's into football just like you. Preferably a Chiefs fan.

I have sunday ticket, if someone wants to send me their slingbox, I would hook it up for the rest of the season.... Then send it back or whatever afterwards...

I have a 20mb down and 2mb up cable connection... it works very well with the slingbox.

stlchiefs
10-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm going to have to turn to the slingbox tomorrow. Chiefs were supposed to be on in St. Louis this weekend so I invited a bunch of people over to watch the game. Just found out yesterday the local station decided on Fri. afternoon they'd rather show da Bears. Damnit! Luckily I have a buddy in Wichita with a Slingbox on standby for me. I hook my laptop up to my TV and watch the games. It's like watching on old rabbit ears, but it's better than nothing.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Find somebody with Sunday Ticket and buy their online supercast account. If you can connect your computer to your TV via HDMI, all the better.