PDA

View Full Version : Football This is not the foundation for a winner

The Bad Guy
10-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I've defended Haley's approach on here, but I'll admit, after today, he is close to really screwing this up early.

You are down 11, yet you are still running these delayed draws that isn't fooling anyone? I'm sorry, that's Herm/pussy football. This isn't an aggressive approach promised. This is a quick way for people to give up on your whole message.

I understand that he's limited in what this offense can do. I get it. What I don't get is a defeated ****ing attitude. He's quitting on them before they quit themselves.

I can't imagine Belichick or any other winning coach having this attitude. It's sickening. It's a joke. And this is not a growing experience for this team. There are no signs of improvement. Nothing.

I'm just sick of watching unwatchable football. Sick and freaking tired of it.

prhom
10-04-2009, 02:18 PM

I'll second that...

J Diddy
10-04-2009, 02:22 PM
I agree. Youre down by 2 scores. There is 5 minutes left in the game. You still have a slight chance. That was nullified by a delay that at best would have been a 5 yard gain.

Didn't make much sense.

Cosmos
10-04-2009, 02:23 PM
I've defended Haley's approach on here, but I'll admit, after today, he is close to really screwing this up early.

You are down 11, yet you are still running these delayed draws that isn't fooling anyone? I'm sorry, that's Herm/pussy football. This isn't an aggressive approach promised. This is a quick way for people to give up on your whole message.

I understand that he's limited in what this offense can do. I get it. What I don't get is a defeated ****ing attitude. He's quitting on them before they quit themselves.

I can't imagine Belichick or any other winning coach having this attitude. It's sickening. It's a joke. And this is not a growing experience for this team. There are no signs of improvement. Nothing.

The delayed draws are intended to slow down the DL rush to the QB.... when execute properly.

Put together a poor performing OL and a slow "off the blocks runner" in LJ and you have complete failure.

Keep practicing it and run the same play with Charles or Savage and it just might work once in a while.

Fritz88
I understand that he's limited in what this offense can do. I get it. it.

You know what. I think he'll buy two more years easily with this argument. But it's becoming clearer that the dude has no business being a HC.

keg in kc
Running from the I-formation would be giving up. Running draws like that really is trying to fool the other team, same as trying to run the screens that didn't work all day. That's textbook, trying to use the defense's aggression against them when they're going all out to stop the pass. 'course, New York didn't need to blitz to push the line back 5 yards, so it didn't do a whole lot of good.

The main problem is that it doesn't matter whether they call a run or call a pass. They're going to get stuffed regardless of what they do. The scoring in the 4th quarter was an aberration; the rest of the game was the reality. Until the o-line can consistently opening running lanes or hold a pocket for 2 seconds the offense isn't going to do anything. The playcalling is barely even relevant at this point.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-04-2009, 02:24 PM

I can even understand running the ball. LJ was effective overall. But, the freaking draw play was getting well defended the entire game. At some point, you just realize not to call it.....

kstater
10-04-2009, 02:25 PM
What happened on the very next play after the draw?

Noss
10-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm afraid the Chiefs will not field a winning team until after I die.

Each year they get worse.

DeezNutz
10-04-2009, 02:26 PM
It's a process.

We're still looking for the right 53.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 02:27 PM
I think it's pretty obvious alot of the play calling is about not getting Cassel abused and making final scores look somewhat respectable.

I know it sounds stupid but for some reason it does seem to matter to them that they only gave up 34 and 27 these past 2 weeks instead of giving up 48 2 weeks like Detroit did because they were throwing it around when losing.

Fish
10-04-2009, 02:27 PM
But... didn't you see the way he yells at the players?

Marcellus
10-04-2009, 02:28 PM
It's a process.

We're still looking for the right 53.

You just love throwing up quotes don't you?

kcjayhawks5
it's a mythodical process

JuicesFlowing
I get the feeling that people expected the Chiefs to be 4-0 now?

Mecca
10-04-2009, 02:29 PM

It's not about record, it's about what you're seeing.

The Chiefs aren't even competitive and they call plays like they're giving up and just don't want the score to look like they got blownout.

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 02:30 PM
I think it's pretty obvious alot of the play calling is about not getting Cassel abused and making final scores look somewhat respectable.

I know it sounds stupid but for some reason it does seem to matter to them that they only gave up 34 and 27 these past 2 weeks instead of giving up 48 2 weeks like Detroit did because they were throwing it around when losing.I think it's more about keeping Cassel upright than keeping the score "respectable". The second they started trying the throw the ball more after halftime the Giants started drilling him. The whole game he barely had time for a 3-step drop before he got hit.

DeezNutz
10-04-2009, 02:30 PM
You just love throwing up quotes don't you?

Yes, I love the empty rhetoric that we've heard from this organization.

chiefs1111
10-04-2009, 02:31 PM
poop

Tactical Funky
10-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I know it's hard to be patient as a Chiefs fan due to the crap we've been dealt for many years now, but I do believe Haley has a shot at turning this ship around. Don't let the first four games turn you off simply because Haley's trying to keep his franchise QB from being ruined for life.

KCUnited
10-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Running from the I-formation would be giving up. Running draws like that really is trying to fool the other team, same as trying to run the screens that didn't work all day. That's textbook, trying to use the defense's aggression against them when they're going all out to stop the pass. 'course, New York didn't need to blitz to push the line back 5 yards, so it didn't do a whole lot of good.

The main problem is that it doesn't matter whether they call a run or call a pass. They're going to get stuffed regardless of what they do. The scoring in the 4th quarter was an aberration; the rest of the game was the reality. Until the o-line can consistently opening running lanes or hold a pocket for 2 seconds the offense isn't going to do anything. The playcalling is barely even relevant at this point.
This. Exactly.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 02:34 PM
I know it's hard to be patient as a Chiefs fan due to the crap we've been dealt for many years now, but I do believe Haley has a shot at turning this ship around. Don't let the first four games turn you off simply because Haley's trying to keep his franchise QB from being ruined for life.

It's really hard to be successful or change culture when everything you're preaching is having no success.

JuicesFlowing
10-04-2009, 02:34 PM
It's not about record, it's about what you're seeing.

The Chiefs aren't even competitive and they call plays like they're giving up and just don't want the score to look like they got blownout.

So ... first year coach with ALL coaching duties and no talent .... The NFL needs to Abolish Kansas City. I'm not defending anyone, I'm just saying ... everyone melts down after every game, it's hilarious. They didn't meltdown so much last year, with a fucking hilarious clown coach ... I give up. Everyone knew the Chiefs would go about 1-7 in their first 8, and we're 0-4 and people act like it's a surprise. Okay, the last two losses were bad, against solid teams ... SO?

googlegoogle
10-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Agree with comments that the run game slows down the pass rush.

We can't drop back and pass or we will get killed.

Tactical Funky
10-04-2009, 02:36 PM
It's really hard to be successful or change culture when everything you're preaching is having no success.
You're being too impatient and thinking too much in terms of immediacy. It takes a while for a new philosophy to take hold, especially with the enormous hole Peterson and Co. left us in.

/folds hands in a zen-like fashion

Valiant
10-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I think it's more about keeping Cassel upright than keeping the score "respectable". The second they started trying the throw the ball more after halftime the Giants started drilling him. The whole game he barely had time for a 3-step drop before he got hit.

Agree on that.. They are trying to protect him from getting killed..

Fish
10-04-2009, 02:38 PM
It's a process.... don't let the first <strike>game</strike> <strike>2 games</strike> <strike>3 games</strike> 4 games fool you....

The Bad Guy
The delayed draws are intended to slow down the DL rush to the QB.... when execute properly.

Put together a poor performing OL and a slow "off the blocks runner" in LJ and you have complete failure.

Keep practicing it and run the same play with Charles or Savage and it just might work once in a while.

Yeah, keep running it down 11 in on your own 20 with 5 minutes to play.

What defense is slowing down with 5 minutes to go? The defense can pin their ears back regardless.

It's garbage football is what it is.

Mecca
You're being too impatient and thinking too much in terms of immediacy. It takes a while for a new philosophy to take hold, especially with the enormous hole Peterson and Co. left us in.

/folds hands in a zen-like fashion

Then what do you think the players think?

I know the Chiefs lack talent and aren't going to win many games but I don't expect defeatist playcalling.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 02:39 PM

What defense is slowing down with 5 minutes to go? The defense can pin their ears back regardless.

If they're gonna play this way why don't they just forfeit all their games so they can keep Cassel healthy?

DeezNutz
10-04-2009, 02:39 PM
On a slightly more serious note, Haley said last week that his decision to quit, I mean, run during the entire second half was to send a message.

Did we reap ANY benefits from this decision?

BigChiefFan
10-04-2009, 02:40 PM
We are, what I thought we are. A low-talent team, making the most of a roster. I expect us to go full on in free agency and we're sitting pretty for next year's draft. You can't improve 30 positions in one off-season and expect all the moves to work out. That's unrealistic expectations.

The Bad Guy

Can you fucking read?

I expect to not play to quit in the 4th quarter. I want competition.

I did not expect to be 4-0. I also did not expect to watch the Chiefs run the ball, and essentially give up, two weeks in a row.

Mecca
On a slightly more serious note, Haley said last week that his decision to quit, I mean, run during the entire second half was to send a message.

What's that message?

That when you're getting your ass kicked it's best to give up and go home?

The Bad Guy
10-04-2009, 02:41 PM
We are, what I thought we are. A low-talent team, making the most of a roster. I expect us to go full on in free agency and we're sitting pretty for next year's draft. You can't improve 30 positions in one off-season and expect all the moves to work out. That's unrealistic expectations.

I'm not expecting much.

But I want to see some competitiveness when the game is relatively close.

I'm not asking much.

Mecca
The Browns are horrendous team even they don't call 2nd halves the way we do.

DeezNutz
What's that message?

That's the message that I'm reading, but I'm curious if someone has a perspective different from my own.

Instill toughness? IMO, whatthefuckever.

JuicesFlowing
10-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Can you ****ing read?

I did not expect to be 4-0. I also did not expect to watch the Chiefs run the ball, and essentially give up, two weeks in a row.

Well let's get rid of the new GM and coach after week 4. What in the hell else should the Chiefs do? I don't enjoy losing anymore than anyone else.

Tactical Funky
10-04-2009, 02:42 PM

I know the Chiefs lack talent and aren't going to win many games but I don't expect defeatist playcalling.
Not defeatism; necessity. The Giants already have a wicked pass rush and our offensive line is simply offensive. Run or pass, we had no chance with how quickly the pocket was collapsing around Cassel today. We're not a good team by any stretch of the imagination, but besides Oakland we're playing a hell of a schedule against the NFC East to start off. It's almost unfair, but hey, them's the breaks. I saw a spark from this team today that tells me we CAN improve, but our O-line situation is pretty dire.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 02:43 PM
It is defeatism you can not find another team in the league that consistently calls running plays losing by double digits in the 4th quarter.

Even the Browns and Lions don't do that.

BigChiefFan
10-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Can you ****ing read?

I did not expect to be 4-0. I also did not expect to watch the Chiefs run the ball, and essentially give up, two weeks in a row. We were down 27-3 and came back to put points on the board, while holding their offense in check from scoring again. That's is competition. Our roster is devoid talent, let alone superstar talent. Players win the games.

Marcellus
10-04-2009, 02:45 PM
What's that message?

You guys are full of fucking ridiculous hyperbole.

Who quite in the second half today? Who wasn't playing hard? Tell me?

I'm not saying we played well or even had great play calling but your using a quote from last week that has no bearing on this game. Did we quite with the onside kicks or not punting at the end?

We need to start an alternate forum for you guys called douchebag planet.

Tactical Funky
10-04-2009, 02:45 PM
It is defeatism you can not find another team in the league that consistently calls running plays losing by double digits in the 4th quarter.

How is it defeatism to want to better protect your QB in a rebuilding year? This season is essentially a glorified preseason for us. That's an unfair comparison as the Chiefs have an O-line that would make the Browns and Lions blush...

Mecca
10-04-2009, 02:46 PM
We were down 27-3 and came back to put points on the board, while holding their offense in check from scoring again. That's is competition. Our roster is devoid talent, let alone superstar talent. Players win the games.

They competed on the Giants backups after the Giants decided the game was over and it was best just to get the clock rolling, I'm impressed.

The Bad Guy
10-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Well let's get rid of the new GM and coach after week 4. What in the hell else should the Chiefs do? I don't enjoy losing anymore than anyone else.

Hilarious.

You obviously can't comprehend.

I'm saying you don't build the foundation for a winner by quitting 2 weeks in a row. There is nothing, absolutely, nothing gained by having that attitude.

And my fear is if Haley keeps doing this, the entire team is going to tell him to fuck himself. Pioli can't cut them all.

Marcellus
10-04-2009, 02:47 PM

You are an idiot. The only run plays they called were draws trying to take advantage of the blitzing and pass rush. They didn't line up in an I formation and run between the tackles.

Mecca
How is it defeatism to want to better protect your QB in a rebuilding year? This season is essentially a glorified preseason for us. That's an unfair comparison as the Chiefs have an O-line that would make the Browns and Lions blush...

We should just forfeit the year if the entire purpose of the season is to make sure Cassel doesn't get injured.

The Bad Guy
We were down 27-3 and came back to put points on the board, while holding their offense in check from scoring again. That's is competition. Our roster is devoid talent, let alone superstar talent. Players win the games.

So what's the message when they score 14 points to cut the lead and the head coach basically puts a halt to it?

Mecca
Hilarious.

I'm saying you don't build the foundation for a winner by quitting 2 weeks in a row. There is nothing, absolutely, nothing gained by having that attitude.

And my fear is if Haley keeps doing this, the entire team is going to tell him to fuck himself. Pioli can't cut them all.

He yells, screams, rides dudes asses, calls them out all of that...then he does that in games.

I have a hard time believing players will have a great deal of respect for him.

BigChiefFan
10-04-2009, 02:48 PM
They competed on the Giants backups after the Giants decided the game was over and it was best just to get the clock rolling, I'm impressed.
What exactly did you expect? The team is devoid of talent. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Marcellus
Hilarious.

We should have tried onside kicks, 2-point conversions and not punting on 4-27.

Tactical Funky
We should just forfeit the year if the entire purpose of the season is to make sure Cassel doesn't get injured.
That's not at all what I suggested.

petegz28

Yea, cause pass plays that go backwards are more fun to watch.

Lex Luthors
10-04-2009, 02:54 PM
If only the Chiefs had drafted Sanchez. They'd be 4-0.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 02:55 PM
You guys who constantly go to record have 0 reading comprehension skills.

Tactical Funky
10-04-2009, 02:56 PM
You guys who constantly go to record have 0 reading comprehension skills.
Or maybe they're just being facetious?

Fish
10-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Our mastermind coach that is supposed to do so well for wide receivers got the ball to Bowe 1 time all game.... That's 10 receptions now for the season!! I'm glad he's taken over OC duties so he can get the most out of these guys...

WilliamTheIrish
10-04-2009, 03:04 PM

I agree. Only it's garbage football because it's a garbage roster. This is going to take a full year to turn around simply because the OL/DL is so bereft of talent.
The new regime has made mistakes that lots of people have pointed out, the most obvious was ignoring the worst OLine in organized football. It is what it is and I (me personally) am willing to see what happens in the coming two years.

(Like I have a choice)

Sure-Oz
10-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Haley looks way overmatched mentally....he shouldve just stuck with gailey even just for this year, hes taking on too much and its showin...

Rain Man
10-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why we have a running play designed where Niswanger goes right, Waters goes left, and we have Larry run into the gap where the linebacker is blitzing. What was up with that?

memyselfI
10-04-2009, 03:15 PM
His play calling, clock management, and coaching style have verged on atrocious at times.

Improvement from HIMSELF and the team is all we need to be seeing right now. Making less of the same mistakes and small steps towards improving. I am not sure we can say this is happening yet.

Halfcan
10-04-2009, 03:15 PM
even the announcers questioned Haleys terrible play calling at least a dozen time-he needs to step down and let someone else call the plays

Shag
10-04-2009, 03:23 PM
So what's the message when they score 14 points to cut the lead and the head coach basically puts a halt to it?

I'm really not seeing that Haley quit this week. Last week, sure, this week, I didn't see it.

They had one meaningful possession after scoring 14 quick points, and in that possession, they called one planned run play:

1&10 - Pass play, Cassel scrambles for 7 yds.
2&3 - 5yd penalty
2&8 - Pass play, Cassel sacked. 15yd penalty on NYG.
1&10 - LJ rush for -6yds.
2&16 - Pass play, Cassel sacked.
3&27 - Incomplete pass.
4&27 - 10yd pass completion.

So, there was one called running play that series. The bubble screen on 3&27 was stupid, IMHO, but the intention was likely to cut the 4th down play to a more reasonable distance. The 4&27 pass I'm chalking up to a poor Cassel decision.

I'm not enamored of the playcalling today, but I really didn't see them giving up...

The Bad Guy
10-04-2009, 03:23 PM
There is no way Haley should call plays next year.

Rain Man
10-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I didn't see bad playcalling on the whole today. We just had no execution at all on a lot of plays. I at least have the confidence that Haley knows what's happening in the game and that he's aware of things like the score. That's a welcome change from Herm Edwards who had to watch film the next day to find out whether we won or lost.

WilliamTheIrish
10-04-2009, 03:30 PM
I didn't see bad playcalling on the whole today. We just had no execution at all on a lot of plays....

Same here. It's frustrating as hell though.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 03:42 PM

Free-agency is likely to suck due to the uncapped year.

The time to go full force into free agency was this year.

Oops.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 03:43 PM

And Eli Manning was out for most of the second half and the Giants were substituting and player second stringers.

The Giants were never in any danger of losing control of the game, let alone the game itself.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 03:44 PM
What exactly did you expect? The team is devoid of talent. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Please stop quoting Gunther Cunningham.

He's a fucking idiot and that catch-phrase is way played out.

Deberg_1990
10-04-2009, 03:44 PM
This game was over the moment Charles fumbled the opening kickoff.

FloridaMan88
10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm not necessarily against running the ball late in the game (considering running the ball with LJ was the Chiefs most productive form of offense today)... however those shotgun delay draw plays maybe fooled the Giants the first time... not the subsequent 6 times the Chiefs ran the play.

More fuel to the fire in my belief that the Chiefs need an offensive coordinator.

RedThat
10-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I think he's doing too much and expecting too much from himself.

I don't agree with his attitude, he needs to put trust in other coaches and faith that

they could do the job. Why is he the quarterbacks coach, offensive co-ordinator, and

the head coach at the same time? Thats not a good thing. He's a rookie head coach and

first things first he needs to learn what its like to coach in this league. Mistakes are

understandable. Every coach makes them but i think he is making more mistakes than

normal because his focus is on so many other things. His focus should mainly be to be

head coach. If he can't trust others to call plays and to do a good job, then he has

problems and will create problems as a result.

Stewie
10-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Wildcat with Larry taking the snap... more onside kicks? Geebus! What the hell are we doing? A circus sideshow? How about a fake end-around punt with a fumblerooski? That'll fool 'em!

KC native
10-04-2009, 03:53 PM
The OP is exactly how I feel. I've been trying to be patient with Haley but the play calling is atrocious. Look at how many screens we ran today. It pisses me off to no end to see a screen pass on 3rd and 10/10+. The play calling has been almost Solari-like in it's predictability.

I don't think Haley has lost the team yet but he's getting close. When we were down 17-3, it looked like Haley had thrown in the towel again and was aiming for 3 and out. His pass plays, when he does call them, always send everyone down the field or sends everyone short. There is a dearth of intermediate (10-15 yard) routes.

Chiefshrink
10-04-2009, 03:54 PM

Precisely!!

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 04:07 PM

So then why continue to run the same play for negative 30 yards?

The bottom line is that Haley should NOT serve as head coach and offensive coordinator.

It's like he gets brain-freeze out there.

Otter
10-04-2009, 04:09 PM

The bottom line is that Haley should NOT serve as head coach and offensive coordinator.

It's like he gets brain-freeze out there.

Have you read Mark Sanchez is a bust?

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 04:12 PM

It's like he gets brain-freeze out there.And here's sunshine to share his beautiful day with the rest of us.

dirk digler
10-04-2009, 04:14 PM

I think so. They ran the ball alot better this week.

Rain Man
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
The challenge with the playcalling right now is not the playcalling. It's the problem that other teams know that they should just charge headlong to the quarterback every play because if it's a pass they'll put pressure on him so fast that he can't look downfield and if it's a run they'll be in the backfield as the handoff occurs. The only thing we can do is try screens and swing passes as a counter because we can't throw longer than that, and we don't have the guys up front to keep defenders out of the backfield.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
I think so. They ran the ball alot better this week.

Outside of LJ's 53 yards, the rest were garbage

TEX
10-04-2009, 04:17 PM

Then don't watch. I don't waste my time anymore. It's much easier that way. You should try it. It doesn't mean you don't support your favorite team cause you obviously care (as do I) but there is way more to Sundays than watching the absolute worst team in the NFL. I just record the games, then watch them later over the course of the week - way too much suckage to take in at one sitting. :doh!:

dirk digler
10-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Outside of LJ's 53 yards, the rest were garbage

They ran for 105 which was better than the 3 yds they had at halftime last week. :D

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
They ran for 105 which was better than the 3 yds they had at halftime last week. :D

Not really.

Charles had two carries with a long of 24 yards. Total yards? 24. And that was with nearly no time left.

Castle scrambled for 25.

LJ, the main running back, had 53 yards.

Suckage.

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 04:30 PM
They had a drive or two where they opened running lanes on multiple plays. We hadn't seen that before this year. It's a baby step, but still a step. Hopefully they don't step back.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 04:32 PM
They had a drive or two where they opened running lanes on multiple plays. We hadn't seen that before this year. It's a baby step, but still a step. Hopefully they don't step back.

53 yards by LJ. I think that's pathetic.

That said, I think they have a chance to be more successful in the run game against the Cowboys. But the Cowboys secondary is pretty good, so the passing game may suffer.

Coach
10-04-2009, 04:34 PM

No, not expecting them to be 4-0. However, they could have been 2-2 if the Chiefs have done it differently, mostly on the Baltimore and Oakland game.

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 04:34 PM
53 yards by LJ. I think that's pathetic.I think LJs done, the more they get the other backs involved the better. Assuming they don't fumble eleventy billion times.

Coach
10-04-2009, 04:35 PM
And honestly, I don't understand why Charles is still on the team? I know he had a nice little return on one time, but he did hurt the team big time with that opening kickoff fumble.

dirk digler
10-04-2009, 04:37 PM
I think LJs done, the more they get the other backs involved the better. Assuming they don't fumble eleventy billion times.

The problem is they don't have any other RB's worth a shit

keg in kc
10-04-2009, 04:41 PM
All this talk about the offense is taking focus off just how horribly the defense has played the last two weeks:

They gave up 426 yards today, 156 of that on the ground a 4.7 yard clip. They were better on 3rd down (6-15, 40%) than they had been most of the year. The Giants had 21 first downs.

They gave up 420 yards last week, 6-13 (46%) on third down. The Eagles also had 21 first downs.

The only good performance by the D this year, so far, has been Oakland.

Baltimore's stats were even worse than the last two games, over 500 yards on offense, nearly 200 rushing at 4.8/carry, 10-17 on third down (59%) and 32 first downs.

Regardless of how utterly horrible the offense has been - and it has been horrible - they aren't ever going to win giving up that kind of yardage.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 04:44 PM
53 yards by LJ. I think that's pathetic.

You sound like you didn't watch the game.

LJ had 84 yards midway through the fourth quarter. Then those damn draws started getting stuffed.

The running game moved the ball today. It was quite good. We're definitively making progress in that area. No question.

Skip Towne
10-04-2009, 04:45 PM

LJ had 84 yards midway through the fourth quarter. Then those damn draws started getting stuffed.

The running game moved the ball today. It was quite good. We're definitively making progress in that area. No question.

You can't just pick and choose the runs you want to count. They All count.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 04:49 PM
You can't just pick and choose the runs you want to count. They All count.

True, but we did move the ball on the ground. Progress was made.

The fact we got stuffed in the fourth quarter running draws doesn't really negate that progress in my mind.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM

Bullshit.

His final yardage was 53 yards. Cassel scrambled for 25. Charles had 24 yards in two carries with a long of 24. And THAT was with nearly no time remaining on the clock.

You see what you WANT to see.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 04:54 PM
True, but we did move the ball on the ground. Progress was made.

The fact we got stuffed in the fourth quarter running draws doesn't really negate that progress in my mind.

No, it wasn't.

If they had 150 yards or more, then I'd agree.

But not 53.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Bullshit.

His final yardage was 53 yards. Cassel scrambled for 25. Charles had 24 yards in two carries with a long of 24. And THAT was with nearly no time remaining on the clock.

You see what you WANT to see.

Well, I saw that LJ had racked up 84 yards midway through the fourth quarter.

Then they shit the bed with a bunch of shitty draws.

Again, that doesn't negate progress in my mind.

The Chiefs had more success running the football today than in any other game so far.

Baby steps.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Well, I saw that LJ had racked up 84 yards midway through the fourth quarter.

Then they shit the bed with a bunch of shitty draws.

Again, that doesn't negate progress in my mind.

The Chiefs had more success running the football today than in any other game so far.

Baby steps.

See what you want to see.

It apparently makes you happy.

Hammock Parties
10-04-2009, 04:57 PM
See what you want to see.

It apparently makes you happy.

It does make me happy that we moved the ball on the ground.

It should make you happy, too. But apparently you just want to focus on statistics.

dirk digler
10-04-2009, 05:00 PM

I agree

The Bad Guy
10-04-2009, 05:04 PM
The fact that Mike Nolan can take a no talent defense like Denver and turn them into gangbusters show how stupid Haley was to put his faith into Clancy Pendergast.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 05:05 PM
The fact that Mike Nolan can take a no talent defense like Denver and turn them into gangbusters show how stupid Haley was to put his faith into Clancy Pendergast.

Pretty much.

WilliamTheIrish
10-04-2009, 05:06 PM

Along w/ failure to address OLine, this is also a very legit criticism.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 05:07 PM

Well, Denver does have 7 new starters on their defense from last year, and Mike Nolan's been a successful defensive coordinator in the past.

Pendergast sucks. It might as well be Gunther out there.

DeezNutz
10-04-2009, 05:07 PM

Too far in your criticism of Denver's talent level.

We'd love to have a talent like Dumbassville.

Flowers is a great piece for us, but I'd take an impact pass rusher over a promising young corner.

Simplex3
10-04-2009, 05:08 PM

Do you actually think there is a single player on the Chiefs that thought they were going to win today? Really?

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Too far in your criticism of Denver's talent level.

We'd love to have a talent like Dumbassville.

Flowers is a great piece for us, but I'd take an impact pass rusher over a promising young corner.

Unfortunately for us, Denver has both

WilliamTheIrish
10-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Do you actually think there is a single player on the Chiefs that thought they were going to win today? Really?

It's only an excuse for other teams.