PDA

View Full Version : Football If Cutler was still a Bronco

vailpass
10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Denver would be a damn good team this year with any sort of offense whatsoever.
I know, I know, were if and buts candy and nuts every day would be Christmas. I just can't help thinking about it.

big nasty kcnut
10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
He still be gay
Posted via Mobile Device

Tom_A_Hawk
10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
much to all anxiety of some of the Chiefs fans here, Orton seems to be doing about as well. so far, donks are giving Cowgirls a good fight

vailpass
10-04-2009, 04:27 PM
much to all anxiety of some of the Chiefs fans here, Orton seems to be doing about as well. so far, donks are giving Cowgirls a good fight

B-Marshall has been open on post routes all day. Those were TDs when Cutler was throwing. Orton can't hit him that deep today. Maybe things will be better when Orton can take that glove off.

chiefbowe82
10-04-2009, 04:29 PM
He still be gay
Posted via Mobile Device

so...

Rain Man
10-04-2009, 04:31 PM
In the Chiefs' division the best the Broncos can hope for is a wild card anyway, so this is a good year for Denver to be without a quarterback. Maybe you can draft one next year.

vailpass
10-04-2009, 04:41 PM
In the Chiefs' division the best the Broncos can hope for is a wild card anyway, so this is a good year for Denver to be without a quarterback. Maybe you can draft one next year.

:D

DaFace
10-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Yep. That's the beauty of this whole 3-0 thing. At best, Denver could be a one-and-done playoff team with Orton. With Cutler still there, Denver could be a contender.

DaFace

Have you watched the game? Denver's defense is what's keeping the game close. Orton has been awful today.

Bike
We'd still be 0-4.

vailpass
10-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Yep. That's the beauty of this whole 3-0 thing. At best, Denver could be a one-and-done playoff team with Orton. With Cutler still there, Denver could be a contender.

We've seen teams with stiff D and average O go deep into the playoffs.

banyon
10-04-2009, 05:14 PM
All the Cowboys receivers do is whine about flags.

Mile High Mania
10-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Denver would be a damn good team this year with any sort of offense whatsoever.
I know, I know, were if and buts candy and nuts every day would be Christmas. I just can't help thinking about it.

I'm over it... it's in the past.

Quesadilla Joe
10-04-2009, 05:51 PM
If Cutler was in Denver today we would have lost that game. He would have thrown a stupid pick. Kyle Orton will make a play when Denver needs it.

vailpass
10-04-2009, 05:53 PM
If Cutler was in Denver today we would have lost that game. He would have thrown a stupid pick. Kyle Orton will make a play when Denver needs it.

Are you aware of Cutler's record when the D holds opponents to under 20 points?

Quesadilla Joe
10-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Are you aware of Cutler's record when the D holds opponents to under 20 points?

Kyle Orton is 19-1 when the D holds opponents to under 20 points.

vailpass
10-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Kyle Orton is 17-1 when the D holds opponents to under 20 points.

Dude stop.

Quesadilla Joe
10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Dude stop.

You are the person throwing out random stats. I was just giving you Orton's record under the same circumstances.

Kyle Orton is not nearly as bad as everyone thinks he is. He is not as talented as Jay Cutler but he is smarter than Jay is.... He also comes through when you need him the most. If we can stop getting so many penalties we would be a much better offense. The only reason we had punt at all today was because we were in 3rd and 15 situations a lot because of penalties.

vailpass
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
You are the person throwing out random stats. I was just giving you Orton's record under the same circumstances.

Kyle Orton is not nearly as bad as everyone thinks he is. He is not as talented as Jay Cutler but he is smarter than Jay is.... He also comes through when you need him the most. If we can stop getting so many penalties we would be a much better offense. The only reason we had punt at all today was because we were in 3rd and 15 situations a lot because of penalties.

:)

Quesadilla Joe
10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
:)

I defended Kyle Orton all offseason and I'm not about to stop now!:)

Even after his 3 or 4 INT game in the preseason my faith never wavered.:D

MagicHef
10-04-2009, 06:12 PM
I don't think Denver would be 4-0 if Cutler were here.

vailpass
10-04-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't think Denver would be 4-0 if Cutler were here.

You don't suppose Cutler could have eked out enough points to win games in which the opponent averaged single-digit scores huh?
Pray tell, what makes you say so?

MagicHef
10-04-2009, 06:18 PM
You don't suppose Cutler could have eked out enough points to win games in which the opponent averaged single-digit scores huh?

I don't think the other teams would have had single digit scores with the way Cutler takes chances.

vailpass
10-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I don't think the other teams would have had single digit scores with the way Cutler takes chances.

I see your point.

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Orton really struggled with his accuracy today. But Gosh, the guy made smart plays with the football.

Garcia Bronco
10-04-2009, 06:40 PM

The dynamic changes though. I'll bet this defense plays harder because Orton is our QB. Maybe not so-much with Cutler.

Mile High Mania
10-04-2009, 06:42 PM
It's just a silly thread...

Denver is 4-0 because they've played smart and the offense hasn't done anything to shoot themselves in the foot, although there were ENTIRELY too many penalties today. The defense may not finish the season top 5, but they're playing damn well right now... I'm loving the scheme and the players - especially the secondary and the line - Elvis is a mad man.

Offensively, Denver has been pretty controlled... nothing flashy, but again, nothing too pedestrian. They're not trying to be prolific or force feed it to the superstar- unlike 2008. So, I like the balance so far.

I knew they could be Dallas, but I wondered which team would show up. 4-0 is fantastic, but it's still a long season and they have a tough schedule... 8 or 9 wins is still my projection. The offense looked good on that last TD drive, but that was really one of the few shining moments, so I maintain my "cautiously optimistic" stance on the offense. The defense looks nice though.

I'm buckled in for the rest of the ride...

vailpass
10-04-2009, 07:12 PM
The dynamic changes though. I'll bet this defense plays harder because Orton is our QB. Maybe not so-much with Cutler.

That isn't what I'm saying in the thread header though.
I'm saying IF Cutler was still here and IF the D was performing exactly as it is now this would be a dangerous team come playoff time.

I'm not saying they can't win without Cutler.

vailpass
10-04-2009, 07:13 PM
It's just a silly thread...

Stop being silly.

Smed1065
10-04-2009, 07:14 PM

So far.

I give him credit.

Week 12 lets see, old habits suck to break.

The Bad Guy
10-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Someone should beat KnowShit's skull in with a hammer. There's no one more annoyong on this board. That includes Claythan and his gay bullshit.