PDA

View Full Version : Football screw the draft, what about 2010 free agents?

AustinChief
10-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Who would you want the Chiefs to go after?

The way I see it, we can raid New England for at least 1 or 2 more players... Logan Mankins, Stephen Neal, Ben Watson and Vince Wilfork are all free agents (UFRA or RFA depending on capped year or not, I believe)

Any other players you'd like to see us go after? Chris Snee? Casey Hampton? Vincent Jackson? Steve Breaston?

Mecca
10-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Chris Snee got resigned by the Giants I believe...if he didn't there's no chance he's leaving.

DeezNutz
10-04-2009, 10:27 PM
We're only allowed to look at players from NE, Miami, or Arizona. Keep this in mind.

Scott Oedipus likes to know where his bread is buttered.

AustinChief
10-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Chris Snee got resigned by the Giants I believe...if he didn't there's no chance he's leaving.
ok, strike Snee off... anyone else you would like us to get? What about the players I listed?

Mecca
10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Even if he didn't get signed yet, he's married to Coughlin's daughter you think there's a remote chance he's leaving?

AustinChief
10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
We're only allowed to look at players from NE, Miami, or Arizona. Keep this in mind.

Scott Oedipus likes to know where his bread is buttered.

ok I will stick to players from NE, Miami, Arizona and Pittsburgh, fair enough? :D

Mecca
10-04-2009, 10:33 PM
You're going to be disappointed if you think there's going to be alot of movement in FA that's my view.

They'll have to drop another top 3 draft signing bonus.

ChiefsCountry
10-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't know how spending will be this offseason. Lots of guys will get cut I would assume with the owners knowing they can get rid of them now.

AustinChief
10-04-2009, 10:37 PM
You're going to be disappointed if you think there's going to be alot of movement in FA that's my view.

I see us (if we are smart) at the least going for Hampton, Mankins and Wilfork... and hopefully getting two of the 3 (obviously EITHER Hampton or Wilfork)

The snag will be is the year is uncapped and everything is out of whack... so for sake of argument... let's assume the year is NOT uncapped.

Red Coater

wouldnt they still have enough money to sign at least 2 top F.A?

Tits McGee
I would go after Breaston over V Jackson. Jackson has a tendency to drop the easy pass but makes the "highlight film" catches too drive the frustration level even higher.

ChiefsCountry
10-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I could see us go after Wilfork. It would be a horrible ass move IMO but I can see them doing it.

Mecca
10-04-2009, 10:40 PM
wouldnt they still have enough money to sign at least 2 top F.A?

You're aware that the Chiefs are kind of cheap right?

Red Coater
10-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I would go after Breaston over V Jackson. Jackson has a tendency to drop the easy pass but makes the "highlight film" catches too drive the frustration level even higher.

B.Edwards or A.Bryant

Red Coater
10-04-2009, 10:44 PM
You're aware that the Chiefs are kind of cheap right?

I hate that they wait for the f***in left overs in free agency.:banghead:

AustinChief
10-04-2009, 10:46 PM
You're aware that the Chiefs are kind of cheap right?Jury is still out on that... I think we will find out next year for certain. They may have decided that we needed two drafts worth of work and liked the guys coming into free agency in 2010... I could excuse them if that was the plan... Time will tell.

BryanBusby
10-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Wilfork will likely be re-signed by NE unless his demands are insane. Think that was part of the reason Seymour was dealt.

ChiefsCountry
10-04-2009, 10:49 PM
New England is moving to the 4-3.

Red Coater
10-04-2009, 10:55 PM
there are good LB and good WR that could help us. If we got one of each in F.A. that would help us in the draft.

ChiefsCountry
10-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Why do people get their panties in awad about free agency so much? We arent in the position to use it correctly.

FloridaMan88
10-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Will Clark allow the Chiefs to start spending money in free agency this offseason with the Arrowhead renovations near completion?

L.A. Chieffan
10-04-2009, 11:04 PM
pollard might be around

Red Coater
10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Why do people get their panties in awad about free agency so much? We arent in the position to use it correctly.

with 2 top FA(LB & WR) and a good draft, that could help this team out a lot

BossChief
10-05-2009, 12:00 AM
If it were my perfect world I would sign Merriman, Breaston and Wilfork at any cost and use the draft picks to add playmakers and olinemen.

Too bad thats almost the exact opposite of the Patriot way and their "business of winning"

Ill tell ya one thing, if they think they are gonna fill the stadium to capacity to get a return on their investment, they better start adding usefull pieces by all means nessessary.

salame
10-05-2009, 02:00 AM

You mean just Like D.Bowe?