PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: LJ says ‘ego’ is the difference in loss to Giants

Tribal Warfare
10-05-2009, 12:58 AM
LJ says ‘ego’ is the difference in loss to Giants (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1490121.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Perhaps Larry Johnson believes that his teammates have an inflated opinion of themselves. Or maybe he thinks the Giants dominated the Chiefs 27-16 Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium because New York believes in itself and the Chiefs don’t.

Whatever the case, Johnson didn’t make himself clear afterward. Asked what the difference was in Sunday’s game, Johnson merely said, “Ego.” He repeated the word each of the five times he was asked to explain his answer.

Johnson also may have been irritated at the play-calling around the goal line. The Chiefs took six snaps inside the New York 5 in the fourth quarter, and five were passes. Only once did the Chiefs hand the ball to Johnson and try to make their way on the ground.

Johnson issued the standard player answer when asked about the play-calling.

“I’m not the coach,” he said evenly. “I can only speak for myself. I try to get out there and do the best I can.”

The offensive play-calling often left the fans at Arrowhead in wonderment, and they frequently expressed their frustration with boos.

“People are entitled to their opinion,” Johnson said.

Johnson rushed for 53 yards in 18 carries Sunday. Through four games, he still doesn’t have a touchdown and is averaging a paltry 2.6 yards per carry.

So perhaps his frustration is starting to leak through. He was quick to say he didn’t think the better team necessarily won, though the Giants are 4-0 and the Chiefs 0-4.

“I wouldn’t say that,” Johnson said. “Their defense, they really hit it hard. A couple of early mistakes we made kind of hurt us. You take what Jarrad Page (unnecessary-roughness penalty) did and take that out, and you take (Jamaal Charles’) fumble out and it’s really an even-keel game.”

Charles fumbled the opening kickoff, which set up New York’s first touchdown, and Page’s penalty set up the second one. But it’s true that after the Giants took an early 14-3 lead, each team scored 13 points.

The game was still one-sided. The Giants had more than a 2-to-1 edge in yards (429 to 193) and at one point led 27-3 before they backed off.

Johnson again remained a part of the game plan despite the big second-half deficit. He had eight carries and played more in passing situations than he normally does.

“We just start late,” Johnson said. “That seems to be our thing. We don’t score touchdowns until the second half. We’ve got to start learning how to do that in the first half, and I think we’ll be all right as soon as we learn to do that because then we’ll make points in the second half, too.”

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Haleys Ego ????

Silock
10-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Egoli?

BossChief
10-05-2009, 03:32 AM
I wonder if he meant Haleys ego?

Possibly meaning his ego caused him to stop running the ball the conventional way that was working to try all the hocus pocus bologna.

LJ started the game strong and he probably feels they could have won if he had gotten the ball in the second half more and not on shotgun draws and trickery, do what was working till they stop it.

We lined up in the shotgun spread alot more than the other games and I wonder what will happen if Kolby Smith is ready and able to be activated from pup in a couple weeks.

thats all I got, I cant think of another logical reason of why that would be the reason LJ would chose that word.

kcxiv
10-05-2009, 04:31 AM
He had to mean Haley's Ego. Haley was so hell bent on running the ball in the first half and we did ok at times, but first and goal from the 2 he passes it over and over and over? How's a team supposed to find an identity if he doesnt even know what the fuck their identity is. That baffled the shit out of me.

Pioli Zombie
10-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Just shut the hell up, Larry. They would just release his ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2009, 06:08 AM
I only saw the first half, and LJ looked pretty good. IIRC he had about 45 yards in the first half, and he looked pretty stout. I guess we got down by so much that they felt we had to get pass happy or something.

Who knows. We suck. End of story.

BigRedChief
10-05-2009, 06:21 AM
I wonder if he meant Haleys ego?He's been reading Twhitlock's columns?

Name me a successful NFL coach that didn't have a arrogant, cocky swagger that he was so sure sure his way was the right way? waiting....Bueller....Bueller....

It sees to be a job requirement. But, the problem is that almost all NFL coaches all have that same attitude, even the bad coaches.

CoMoChief
10-05-2009, 06:43 AM
What he meant was this team's attitude. This team is complacent with losing. It has to be. I understand we don't have too much talent, but he have some playmakers and should have enough talent to beat teams like the Raiders, Browns, etc.

And against teams that are good, we come out of the gate scared. Just like the Philly game, it's almost the team quit and was scared from the get go. Once a couple plays on the first drive go wrong. It's almost this team just says "This team's good, we have no chance, here we go again". Losing is very contagious.

Having the ball inside the 3 yd line, twice on 1st n goal and not handing the ball off to LJ other than some crappy ass draw from a shotgun formation with no fullback to block their 2nd level of LB's, where a blind man could see that play develope from the get go. Unbelievable. That's a total of 8 chances (4 downs, both times) to get in the endzone from the 3 yd line, and we wouldn't give LJ the fucking ball. WTF is wrong with Haley??? Instead we sit back in shotgun and have a 10 yard cushion to work with and gives the defense less field to cover. How fucking dumb is that?

This team needs to learn how to score. Right now they don't, it's almost as if they have so much trouble getting into the endzone, and that its a relief when they do. That Cassel to Wade slop play shouldn't have even taken place. That's what you call a bullshit play.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2009, 07:19 AM
I guess LJ's 2.6 yard per carry avg this year has nothing to do with the Chiefs losing...

cookster50
10-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Just shut the hell up, Larry. They would just release his ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree. They would just release his rear.

jidar
10-05-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm so fucking sick and tired of Larry Johnson whining about the coaching staff EVERY YEAR. Larry just SHUT THE HELL UP.
Nothing but a big "power running" pussy who wont stiff arm anyone.

keg in kc
10-05-2009, 08:46 AM
I would say 'ego' is a good way to look at somebody who thinks that was in any way, shape or form an 'even keel' game. The Chiefs were dominated on both sides of the ball. They were never in it, not for a moment.

gblowfish
10-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Larry is reverting back to being "Leon" Again....
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BkIh1R5utY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BkIh1R5utY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ChiTown
10-05-2009, 08:57 AM
I would say 'ego' is a good way to look at somebody who thinks that was in any way, shape or form an 'even keel' game. The Chiefs were dominated on both sides of the ball. They were never in it, not for a moment.

I disagree. If we punch the ball in after the Giants first TO, instead of the FG, who knows what might have happened. Also, that fkn penalty on Page cost us points. After that score (14-3), yes, we were absolutely out of it.

keg in kc
10-05-2009, 09:21 AM
I disagree. If we punch the ball in after the Giants first TO, instead of the FG, who knows what might have happened. Also, that fkn penalty on Page cost us points. After that score (14-3), yes, we were absolutely out of it.I would say that's wishful thinking. The giants offense moved the ball at will all day, at least when Manning was in, and the giants defense shut down the Chiefs offense all day. I'd say, if anything, KC was fortunate the score was as close as it was.

Thig Lyfe
10-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Hey maybe Larry can be our OC when he retires?!?

Halfcan
10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
I think he is saying Haley is a cocky dumbass??

DaneMcCloud
10-05-2009, 10:34 AM

Don't tell GoChiefs that.

He might spontaneously combust.

BigChiefFan
10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
More like skill or lack of.

WhitiE
10-05-2009, 10:40 AM
He's been reading Twhitlock's columns?

Name me a successful NFL coach that didn't have a arrogant, cocky swagger that he was so sure sure his way was the right way? waiting....Bueller....Bueller....

It sees to be a job requirement. But, the problem is that almost all NFL coaches all have that same attitude, even the bad coaches.

i can only think of dungy but he only won 1 with the colts....

The_Doctor10
10-05-2009, 10:43 AM
He's been reading Twhitlock's columns?

Dungy

gblowfish
10-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I think Bud needs to bring back more Leon:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ow1RGK0XX_U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ow1RGK0XX_U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Iu8PjILyis&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Iu8PjILyis&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G4nahoOqzk0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G4nahoOqzk0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SB7nQCc1peY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SB7nQCc1peY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wild1
10-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Shut up Larry. You don't even know what the word means.