PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This is pretty sad

Chiefnj2
10-05-2009, 08:23 AM
"What are the positives in the first quarter of the season? “I think running the football has been an encouragement to me. We set out today to try and run the football a little bit and I thought we did that some. We had to eliminate the minus plays and I thought we did that better in the first half; not so in the second half. I would say running the football is starting to show up as something we can do.

On other phases of the game: “I don’t think right now we’ll be able to live throwing 40 passes a game or survive doing that. Defensively, in some areas [we did] some good things; in other areas not so good. But I want to watch the tape. Could it be better? Yes. Would that help our confidence? Would winning the Oakland or Baltimore game have given us a little boost? Yes. But that’s not the way it went, so we are where we are. We’ve got to stick together as a team, which I think our guys are doing very well. We’ve got to pull together and start becoming a team much like that team across the field from us today.”"

---

Note to opposing teams - KC is going to run the ball. Down 14+ points in the 2nd half, and worrying about a comeback? Don't worry. They've raised the white flag on the passing attack. KC will run the ball in the 2nd half and pick up some garbage yardage and feel better about themselves.

Red Dawg
10-05-2009, 08:26 AM
"What are the positives in the first quarter of the season? “I think running the football has been an encouragement to me. We set out today to try and run the football a little bit and I thought we did that some. We had to eliminate the minus plays and I thought we did that better in the first half; not so in the second half. I would say running the football is starting to show up as something we can do.

On other phases of the game: “I don’t think right now we’ll be able to live throwing 40 passes a game or survive doing that. Defensively, in some areas [we did] some good things; in other areas not so good. But I want to watch the tape. Could it be better? Yes. Would that help our confidence? Would winning the Oakland or Baltimore game have given us a little boost? Yes. But that’s not the way it went, so we are where we are. We’ve got to stick together as a team, which I think our guys are doing very well. We’ve got to pull together and start becoming a team much like that team across the field from us today.”"

---

Note to opposing teams - KC is going to run the ball. Down 14+ points in the 2nd half, and worrying about a comeback? Don't worry. They've raised the white flag on the passing attack. KC will run the ball in the 2nd half and pick up some garbage yardage and feel better about themselves.

I don't rally see runnimng the ball as positive yet. LJ has had a few good runs but until we consistantly run the ball effectively it's still not good.

BosunMoon
10-05-2009, 08:29 AM
At least the OLine was run blocking instead of pass blocking on a few of our runs yesterday.

Fish
10-05-2009, 08:34 AM
But I want to watch the tape.

HERM!!!!!!!

Shag
10-05-2009, 08:55 AM

I really don't understand where people are getting this. Based on a quick overview of the play-by-play, the 2nd half playcalling:

30 passes
8 runs

Clearly, they gave up on the pass in the 2nd half, and focused entirely on the run...

ChiefGator
10-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Last week they gave up... this week they had some fight... Maybe I don't remember the last four minutes, but the whole second half last week they looked like they quit.