PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Okay, time for a win.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Other than the Raiders game, this season is largely going how I expected.

The Raiders game is really frustrating because the Chiefs are a better team.... but a combination of stupid head coaching decisions like not going for it on fourth down inside the five, as well as a couple of poor decisions by Cassel in his first week back from close to a month off, and a late hit on a QB...... costs us that game.

But, I expected the Chiefs to beat the Cowboys this week. I am a little concerned that they lost this last week in the same manner I expected them to lose to the Chiefs this week.

They were unfocused, got away from the run, overconfident and sloppy. These are all the things I expect from them.

With that loss still fresh in their minds, I expect them to be more focused this week.

That said, this is a winnable game for the Chiefs.

The Cowboys will still have an inflated opionion of themseves and little respect for the Chiefs.

O'Callahan had a decent game, and I think that as he plays with the starting unit, the line will get better overall.

Cassel had an erratic day yesterday, but he hasn't had a ton of time with Bowe the last couple weeks as Bowe has been hurt. He hasn't had any time with Pope, and Bowe and Wade both dropped passes. Bowe's drop was a little behind him.... but he still needs to make that catch.

All it takes is one good break early in this game, and the Cowboys will start pressing again. When Romo starts pressing, Page and Flowers can have good days.

I do hope that DJ is able to play this week. I know he is out of position at times, but he is the only linebacker we have with the chance to cover Witten.

I know the Cowboys are more talented. I just think that they aren't as well coached as the Eagles, the Ravens or the Giants. So, I think the Chiefs can steal this game.

The Chiefs have a chance to write a large part in the final Chapter of Wade Phillips head coaching career. Perhaps it is the homer in me... (stop that Homer, I am trying to post...what a perv)

Anyways, can't get sucked into the negativity even if I am unhappy with Haley. Even if I am discouraged.

The reality is that there are no tougher teams on the Chiefs schedule than the ones they have faced, and other than the Steelers (They will have Polamalu back by then), there are no teams as good as the Eagles, Giants, and Ravens.

So, it 'should' get better. Hopefully.... starting this week.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-05-2009, 09:02 AM
I do think we can win, but i wouldnt count on it

Jack
10-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Agree, hope shines eternal!

Nixhex
10-05-2009, 09:09 AM
If the Cowboys stick to the run the Chiefs might be in trouble. Their O-Line is huge and should be able to push our guys around. The lighter and probably quicker Chiefs D-Line should have the advantage in passing situations.

Dave Lane
10-05-2009, 09:15 AM
I think the play calling in the Giants game was very good. Haley surprised me that he was able to get the run game going early against a very stout defense. He must have seen something on tape. It slowed the pass rush enough that Cassel didn't get killed and they didn't end up with 15 sacks. I think its a toss up who wins next week. One or two plays will determine the winner. I do think our coaching is > the Cowgirls and that gives us a good chance to win. From a pure talent standpoint Dallas is much better.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-05-2009, 09:31 AM
I think the play calling in the Giants game was very good. Haley surprised me that he was able to get the run game going early against a very stout defense. He must have seen something on tape. It slowed the pass rush enough that Cassel didn't get killed and they didn't end up with 15 sacks. I think its a toss up who wins next week. One or two plays will determine the winner. I do think our coaching is > the Cowgirls and that gives us a good chance to win. From a pure talent standpoint Dallas is much better.

I just think that Charles needs to get more action at RB if they are going to try to run the draw.

Plus, calling a draw in some of thos situations yesterday just left me scratching my head.

cowboysfan
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM
I mentioned this in another post I believe your Chiefs will beat my Cowboys. Todd Haley will be very motivated to stick it to Jerry Jones. When Haley was the Wrs coach and passing game coordinator in 2006 with the Cowboys. He also helped develop Romo. SS Pat Watkins will start in place of injured Gerald Sensabaugh. Haley knows Watkins. He coached T.O. too and didnt get along with him very well and Jones may have dismissed Haley to appease T.O. Just stack the box with 8 men and force Romo to beat you. We dont have very excellent WRs.

RealSNR
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Romo has been an awful QB the past couple games. He may very well throw a few "gifts" our way this week.

There is no reason why the Cowboys should NOT win this game if they just stick to running the ball. Of course, they could have won in Denver that way too and were complete dumbasses. If they give the ball to Romo and say, "Here, be your fabulous Tony Romo self" we have a good chance to win this game.

Tiger's Fan
10-05-2009, 09:39 AM
I just think that Charles needs to get more action at RB if they are going to try to run the draw.

Plus, calling a draw in some of thos situations yesterday just left me scratching my head.

He's a fumbler.

He has a pattern of fumbling.

This team has NO room for error.

I don't think the staff trusts him to not fumble in the future. I know I don't.

cowboysfan
10-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Romo has been an awful QB the past couple games. He may very well throw a few "gifts" our way this week.

There is no reason why the Cowboys should NOT win this game if they just stick to running the ball. Of course, they could have won in Denver that way too and were complete dumbasses. If they give the ball to Romo and say, "Here, be your fabulous Tony Romo self" we have a good chance to win this game.

You are correct about Romo. He supposedly worked on holding onto the football in the pocket when being sacked but that turned out to be a lie. If you keep him in the pocket he will invariably make some bad throws, but if you allow him to scramble then he will make some plays too. Just have your DEs fall down near LT Flozell Adams and the refs will call a tripping penalty ending a drive.

Fritz88
10-05-2009, 09:42 AM
I expected us to lose but not this badly. The team has no identity and every week we discover a newer problem in addition to the old ones.

Red Dawg
10-05-2009, 09:43 AM
It would be nice but as bad as Romo has been he will have all day to throw the ball at Arrowhead. He will proably look pretty good for a day. If Penderjerk would call a defense to attack him then maybe but won't. Dallas should beat us easily but I do think that our offense can have a decent day.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-05-2009, 09:45 AM
He's a fumbler.

He has a pattern of fumbling.

This team has NO room for error.

I don't think the staff trusts him to not fumble in the future. I know I don't.

The problem with your points.... is that the coaching staff does things to contradict themselves.

Yes, he had a problem with fumbling. He fumbled the opening kickoff. Yet, the Chiefs continued to put him back there to return the kickoffs.

I understand that this team has little room for error, but the reality is that the Giants were getting into the backfield so quickly, that a draw to LJ out of the shotgun formation, was a losing play anyways. At least Charles gives you a chance to break one, to actually make the defense back off.

You call a draw to slow the rush..... if the RB is too slow and plodding to make the defense pay for getting out of position.... it doesn't help at all.....

MOhillbilly
10-05-2009, 09:46 AM
ROMO will have a hall of fame day at arrowhead. far as a win, better get your prayers in early and often for kc @ oakland.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-05-2009, 09:48 AM
I expected us to lose but not this badly. The team has no identity and every week we discover a newer problem in addition to the old ones.

Um...pretty sure the same problems have been with this team all year long.

On defense, D-line, Linebackers, and secondary.

On offense, O-line, QB, RB, Wr's, TE's and Fullback.

So, unless the punter and kicker fail.... no new problems can be discovered.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-05-2009, 09:48 AM
ROMO will have a hall of fame day at arrowhead. far as a win, better get your prayers in early and often for kc @ oakland.

Chiefs should at least beat the Skins

Tom_A_Hawk
10-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Other than the Raiders game, this season is largely going how I expected.

The Raiders game is really frustrating because the Chiefs are a better team.... but a combination of stupid head coaching decisions like not going for it on fourth down inside the five, as well as a couple of poor decisions by Cassel in his first week back from close to a month off, and a late hit on a QB...... costs us that game.

But, I expected the Chiefs to beat the Cowboys this week. I am a little concerned that they lost this last week in the same manner I expected them to lose to the Chiefs this week.

They were unfocused, got away from the run, overconfident and sloppy. These are all the things I expect from them.

With that loss still fresh in their minds, I expect them to be more focused this week.

That said, this is a winnable game for the Chiefs.

The Cowboys will still have an inflated opionion of themseves and little respect for the Chiefs.

O'Callahan had a decent game, and I think that as he plays with the starting unit, the line will get better overall.

Cassel had an erratic day yesterday, but he hasn't had a ton of time with Bowe the last couple weeks as Bowe has been hurt. He hasn't had any time with Pope, and Bowe and Wade both dropped passes. Bowe's drop was a little behind him.... but he still needs to make that catch.

All it takes is one good break early in this game, and the Cowboys will start pressing again. When Romo starts pressing, Page and Flowers can have good days.

I do hope that DJ is able to play this week. I know he is out of position at times, but he is the only linebacker we have with the chance to cover Witten.

I know the Cowboys are more talented. I just think that they aren't as well coached as the Eagles, the Ravens or the Giants. So, I think the Chiefs can steal this game.

The Chiefs have a chance to write a large part in the final Chapter of Wade Phillips head coaching career. Perhaps it is the homer in me... (stop that Homer, I am trying to post...what a perv)

Anyways, can't get sucked into the negativity even if I am unhappy with Haley. Even if I am discouraged.

The reality is that there are no tougher teams on the Chiefs schedule than the ones they have faced, and other than the Steelers (They will have Polamalu back by then), there are no teams as good as the Eagles, Giants, and Ravens.

So, it 'should' get better. Hopefully.... starting this week.

Mr. NonSenseChiefsFan-
You gave plenty of reasons in your post that would suggest the Chiefs have no chance.

RealSNR
10-05-2009, 09:54 AM
You are correct about Romo. He supposedly worked on holding onto the football in the pocket when being sacked but that turned out to be a lie. If you keep him in the pocket he will invariably make some bad throws, but if you allow him to scramble then he will make some plays too. Just have your DEs fall down near LT Flozell Adams and the refs will call a tripping penalty ending a drive.Because of all the primetime action, I've seen a lot of Cowboys games this year. They have an aggressive defense with a play-making offense that runs the ball very well. That is a scary backfield with Barber/Choice. If Wade calls a run more than 50% of the time, I think you guys will win easily. Your defense is susceptible to a few plays on offense every once in awhile, but we don't have that kind of capability on our team.

MOhillbilly
10-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Chiefs should at least beat the Skins

Skins D is better than ours by far. The talent and team speed on the redsins compared to the chiefs isnt even close.

cowboysfan
10-05-2009, 09:55 AM

Don't be so sure about Romo having a good day. Something is not right with him. Maybe he misses Jessica Simpson . But he is really pressing to make the perfect throw. He is scared about throwing an interception that he overthrows and doesnt see open receivers. He was frustrated the Broncos covered Witten pretty well he didnt have many options he was comfortable with. He has been very erratic.

MOhillbilly
10-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Don't be so sure about Romo having a good day. Something is not right with him. Maybe he misses Jessica Simpson . But he is really pressing to make the perfect throw. He is scared about throwing an interception that he overthrows and doesnt see open receivers. He was frustrated the Broncos covered Witten pretty well he didnt have many options he was comfortable with. He has been very erratic.

Have you watched an entire Chiefs game this year?

Sure-Oz
10-05-2009, 09:57 AM
The cowboys and redskins are teams i think we can beat, but we'll find a way to barely lose

SenselessChiefsFan
10-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Skins D is better than ours by far. The talent and team speed on the redsins compared to the chiefs isnt even close.

Not saying the Chiefs will dominate the game, but they will beat the Skins.

It will be tough, but the Skins can't put up points like the Ravens, Giants or Eagles.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
The cowboys and redskins are teams i think we can beat, but we'll find a way to barely lose

That's the spirit.....wait, what?

Sure-Oz
10-05-2009, 10:21 AM
That's the spirit.....wait, what?

our defense is getting better, maybe we'll finish with 2 or 3 wins, 1 against hte raiders

Pioli Zombie
10-05-2009, 10:21 AM
The Chiefs will beat the Cowboys when Ted Kennedy rises from the dead and reveals himself as the Christ Jesus.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
10-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Just for Shits and Giggles, heres how much was bet on the "When will the Chiefs first win come" in the sports betting.

Week 1 (@ Ravens) - 4689
Week 2 (Raiders) - 92375
Week 3 (@ Eagles) - 2000
Week 4 (Giants) - 600
Week 5 (Cowboys) - 100
Week 6 (@ Redskins) - 375
Week 7 (Chargers) - 100
Week 9 (@ Jaguars) - 965
Week 10 (@ Raiders) - 2000
Week 11 (Steelers) - 100
Week 12 (@ Chargers) - 100
Week 13 (Broncos) - 200
Week 14 (Bills) - 100
Week 15 (Browns) - 100
Week 16 (@ Bengals) - 100
Week 17 (@ Broncos) - 100
They'll finish 0-16 - 100

I'm guessing the same person put 100 on all those games, they are probably going to win a lot of money.