PDA

View Full Version : Football Braylon Edwards accused of assault

Mr. Laz
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Braylon Edwards accused of assault (http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/10/05/braylon-edwards-accused-of-assault/)
Posted by Anthony Stalter (10/05/2009 @ 12:03 pm)

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0730/fan_g_edwards1_sw_576.jpg (http://search.espn.go.com/braylon-edwards/photo/8)
The Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that Browns receiver
Braylon Edwards has been accused of assaulting a man (http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/10/a_cleveland_man_accuses_browns.html) outside
a Cleveland nightclub early Monday morningEdward Givens said the incident took place outside of the View Night Club on 618 Prospect at about 2:30 a.m. Givens said he went to Lutheran Hospital this morning because he suffered a black eye and a cut. He said he also has a headache.

The suspect’s name on the police report is redacted. But multiple sources and the victim say the suspect is Edwards.
In an interview with Cleveland.com’s Starting Blocks blog this morning, Givens said:
“After the club closed, I was outside greeting and saying goodbye to people. Braylon comes up and started saying things, degrading me. He said if it wasn’t for LeBron or the Four Horsemen, I wouldn’t have what I have, nor would I be able to get girls. Everyone knows Braylon has a problem with LeBron. So I had to speak up for myself. The conversation started to escalate. As some of his teammates started to pull him back, he punched me. I have a black eye and a cut. I’m not a violent guy.

“As long as I’ve known Braylon, I’ve allowed him and his friends to come into our events free of charge. Whatever jealousy he has with LeBron, he felt he needed to take it out on me.”
Police officers then broke up another disturbance involving the suspect.
I’ll hold judgment until more details come out, but I will say that this is the last thing the Browns need after losing to the Bengals in overtime on Sunday to fall to 0-4.

This would also be the last thing Edwards needs seeing as how he’s seeking a new contract. One would think that players seeking multi-million dollar pay raises would lay low during the season, but some athletes continue to prove that they’re not the sharpest tools in the shed.

If Edwards was involved, he should consider himself fortunate if the incident blows over. But if the victim decides to press charges, then Edwards could have a hard time finding a suitor that will give him a long-term deal. Having the dropsies is one thing, punching a man in the face outside a nightclub during the season is quite another.

Thig Lyfe
10-05-2009, 12:52 PM
That's weird. Braylon's usually so good at just dropping it.

Swanman
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
He probably had plenty of energy to burn after he didn't register a stat on Sunday. All of the people stupid enough to draft him for fantasy football (my hand is raised) should be allowed to whip him with soapbars like Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket.

Bane
10-05-2009, 01:05 PM

ROFL!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Why does he hate LeBron James? Because he's an Ohio guy, Edwards being from U of Michigan??

Kyle DeLexus
10-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Why does he hate LeBron James? Because he's an Ohio guy, Edwards being from U of Michigan??

My guess is LeBron gets all the attention in Cleveland leaving Edwards with leftover affection.

Fritz88
10-05-2009, 01:48 PM

Bestest comment of the day.

jidar
10-05-2009, 02:07 PM

ROFL nice

KCrockaholic
10-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Funny thing is that if LeBron ever wanted to fight Edwards he could just totally destroy Braylon. He wouldnt even have a chance.

ziggysocki
10-05-2009, 02:40 PM

Ana instant CP classic. REP

googlegoogle
10-05-2009, 02:41 PM
typical crap. say hi to pacman.