PDA

View Full Version : Football Rush wants to buy Rams.

googlegoogle
10-06-2009, 03:08 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Excellence-in-football-Rush-Limbaugh-wants-to-b?urn=nfl,194212

Didn't know where to post this one. Lounge or Dc.

'hates poor people'?? LMAO Another surreptitious Obot in the media.

CrazyPhuD
10-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Doesn't he know black people play on the team?

POND_OF_RED
10-06-2009, 03:55 AM
I hate the lambs but I would never wish this on any fanbase. What's really sad is the fact that he can actually afford to do this. The most ignorant man on the planet makes enough money to own an NFL team. AMERICA **** YEAH!!!

unlurking
10-06-2009, 04:02 AM
I wouldn't say he's ignorant, I'd say he's a shill who gets paid very well as a reverse lobbyist. He sells politicians and there platforms to the public, just like all the other political pundits out there on either side of the aisle.

10-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Why would anybody want to buy that team?

Norman Einstein
10-06-2009, 05:04 AM
I hate the lambs but I would never wish this on any fanbase. What's really sad is the fact that he can actually afford to do this. The most ignorant man on the planet makes enough money to own an NFL team. AMERICA **** YEAH!!!

The most ignorant man on the planet is the guy that wrote this about someone he has only heard on the radio.

Just think, you hate Limbaugh because he doesn't color politics the same color you would. If everyone were like you the world would go to shit.

Maybe, just maybe, he might be the best person on the planet to buy an NFL franchise. If you don't think he should be allowed to buy them, you foot the bill and buy them yourself.

Norman Einstein
10-06-2009, 05:04 AM
Why would anybody want to buy that team?

Which is the exact reason nobody will ever buy the Chiefs.

Abba-Dabba
10-06-2009, 05:10 AM
Looks like Rush just found out the NFL doesn't have a pain killer policy. Fatums will be once again eating Oxy's for lunch.

bevischief
10-06-2009, 05:21 AM
Can't be any worse or better than Al Davis...

CoMoChief
10-06-2009, 05:21 AM

It's 4am and you're probably high. Rush Limbaugh is a god damn American Icon. and we as Chiefs fans should be jealous of this possible action. He would turn that team around in 2 seasons and may paint American flags in the endzones.

CoMoChief
10-06-2009, 05:23 AM
I bet he goes after Donovan McNabb when he hits FA in a year or 2.

R8RFAN
10-06-2009, 05:41 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-BVfzh06sAA/SI9bMi-kD-I/AAAAAAAAArw/i0zEpGvDvgk/s400/rush+limbaugh+cigar.jpg

Give em hell ElRushbo

Mojo Jojo
10-06-2009, 05:47 AM
Remember when Rush wanted to buy the Royals prior to David Glass buying the team. He was part of the ownership group with George Brett and the founder of Gateway Computers. George and Rush are best friends from when Rush used to work for the Royals in the '80's.

Norman Einstein
10-06-2009, 05:54 AM
Remember when Rush wanted to buy the Royals prior to David Glass buying the team. He was part of the ownership group with George Brett and the founder of Gateway Computers. George and Rush are best friends from when Rush used to work for the Royals in the '80's.

Yeah, but did the Royals do anything in the 80's?

Oh, wait. They won the World Series.

Just maybe it's time for Rush to buy the Chiefs.!!!!!!

Archie F. Swin
10-06-2009, 06:15 AM
I always thought Geddy Lee was a baseball guy

InChiefsHeaven
10-06-2009, 06:31 AM

You can't possibly be this stupid. You may disagree with him, you may think he's a conservative hack, but to say he's ignorant is just...well, ignorant.

InChiefsHeaven
10-06-2009, 06:34 AM
I wouldn't say he's ignorant, I'd say he's a shill who gets paid very well as a reverse lobbyist. He sells politicians and there platforms to the public, just like all the other political pundits out there on either side of the aisle.

Incorrect. Rush says what Rush wants to say, and politicians either get on board or get thrown under the bus. Rush pushes the conservative ideology unflinchingly, and his entire objective is to get the whole world to think like he does. He will crap on Republicans as quickly as he will on Democrats, because it's all about conservatism to him.

MGRS13
10-06-2009, 06:35 AM
His all white team will never be able to compete in the nfl

stevieray
10-06-2009, 07:17 AM
His all white team will never be able to compete in the nfl

that's racist.

patteeu
10-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Good for him. And if the Rams are going to be bought, this would be good for St. Louis too since it would probably keep the team from leaving for LA or somewhere else.

Dottefan
10-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Rush?....guess the rams will be the first all white team in about 60 years.

wild1
10-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Would be a great move. He's a huge football fan, has the financial means, and St. Louis is in dire need of an improvement in ownership.

patteeu
10-06-2009, 08:29 AM

Why?

wild1
10-06-2009, 08:30 AM

Were you born this stupid, or did you have to eat paint chips for lunch in the KCMO school district to get there?

InChiefsHeaven
10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Why?

Because people are stupid, that's why...

gblowfish
10-06-2009, 08:38 AM
They'd have to change their names from the Rams to the Wasps.

Good luck finding a decent grounds crew too...

Chief Henry
10-06-2009, 08:47 AM

The Royals would not suck today if MLB would have allowed that sale to go through.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2009, 08:51 AM
FWIW, Limbaugh himself isn't looking to buy the Rams.

He's part of a group of investors, fronted by Blues Hockey owner Dave Checketts.

Checketts is hailed as hero in town for rebuilding the hockey team from the bottom up, and doing so with a focus on the fan experience.

My guess is that he'll be the de facto owner - I can't imagine someone like Limbaugh would have any control over decisions.

Good for STL and good for the Rams.

jAZ
10-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Marge Schott 2.0

patteeu
10-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Marge Schott 2.0

Nonsense.

ILChief
10-06-2009, 09:16 AM
The most ignorant man on the planet is the guy that wrote this about someone he has only heard on the radio.

Just think, you hate Limbaugh because he doesn't color politics the same color you would. If everyone were like you the world would go to shit.

Maybe, just maybe, he might be the best person on the planet to buy an NFL franchise. If you don't think he should be allowed to buy them, you foot the bill and buy them yourself.

so you think Michael Moore would be a good owner?

Dave Lane
10-06-2009, 09:20 AM

And you like him cuz you agree with him. So the difference would be? :shrug:

Dave Lane
10-06-2009, 09:24 AM
:)

patteeu
10-06-2009, 09:36 AM

He's also a eastern Missouri native who loves the game of football.

I listen to a lot of music and watch a lot of movies made by people who I don't agree with politically. Why does it matter what an NFL owners' politics are? To me, it's far more important that they're going to want to win and that they're going to want to keep the team from moving. I think Rush and his prospective partner fit both of those criteria.

BTW, fwiw, there are a lot of Republican sympathizers playing for these teams, both black and white. I hope you can deal with that.

InChiefsHeaven
10-06-2009, 09:39 AM

Well, Moore is a huge anti-capitalist (though he knows how to make a buck or twenty so I'd imagine if he got into part ownership, he'd try to make money.) But, I don't know much about what kind of a football fan he is. I know Rush is very much into football.

HTF does his politics interfere with his ability to own a football team??

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Probably should have just started this thread in DC, as it will end up over there eventually.

patteeu
10-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Probably should have just started this thread in DC, as it will end up over there eventually.

Why? Other than a few race-mongering comments, this thread is about football.

Kylo Ren
10-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Go RUSH!!! I'd love to see him a part of the NFL!

blaise
10-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I always thought Geddy Lee was a baseball guy

I would have thought hockey was his game.

bkkcoh
10-06-2009, 10:07 AM

MM is against capitalism except when it benefits him

POND_OF_RED
10-06-2009, 10:13 AM
You can't possibly be this stupid. You may disagree with him, you may think he's a conservative hack, but to say he's ignorant is just...well, ignorant.

The guy lived through the 60's and carries on with his daily life as if the whole civil rights movement never even happened. I would call him very ignorant.

InChiefsHeaven
10-06-2009, 10:14 AM
The guy lived through the 60's and carries on with his daily life as if the whole civil rights movement never even happened. I would call him very ignorant.

WHat the fuck are you even talking about??

patteeu
10-06-2009, 10:20 AM

Where do you get your information? That's not accurate at all, except for the "lived through the 60's" part.

POND_OF_RED
10-06-2009, 10:21 AM
WHat the **** are you even talking about??

Are you that blind to reality. If you don't think Rush Limbaugh is incredibly racist you are out of your mind. Racism is ignorant. Plain and simple.

Radar Chief
10-06-2009, 10:23 AM

Dunno, is Double Cheeseburger a football guy? Rush, much like most of us on this board, is a sports oriented kind of guy and at least knows enough of what he’s talking about to coherently discuss football.

ChiefaRoo
10-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Rush Limbaugh > Jerry Jones - - - as an owner of an NFL team.

That is all.

JD10367
10-06-2009, 10:25 AM
I think Rush would be a good owner. He's a New World Man, and he'd probably make sure the team operates as a Subdivision of his empire and probably wouldn't have much day-to-day interaction. He'd probably rather tool around in his Red Barchetta, knowing the team probably won't be viable on the field until 2112. I doubt he'd be a Fly By Night kind of owner.

patteeu
10-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Are you that blind to reality. If you don't think Rush Limbaugh is incredibly racist you are out of your mind. Racism is ignorant. Plain and simple.

Hook, line, and sinker.

InChiefsHeaven
10-06-2009, 10:28 AM

Well, it's not like I'm a friend of Rush Limbaugh's so, whatever. But you morons just keep throwing the race card out there with anyone who disagrees with you politically. It's embarrassing.

POND_OF_RED
10-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Well, it's not like I'm a friend of Rush Limbaugh's so, whatever. But you morons just keep throwing the race card out there with anyone who disagrees with you politically. It's embarrassing.

I have no political view. I don't pretend to know anything about politics as you may have noticed since I never said anything about them. My whole argument was that the guy is racist which isn't very difficult to see.

dirk digler
10-06-2009, 10:37 AM

No shit it just brought out all the DC trash that never participate in football discussions

notorious
10-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Wow, just wow.

Rush is an entertainer. He makes a shit load of money pissing off Liberals like Pond of Red and pumping up the Conservatives.

If you look beyond that, than you have issues.

RealSNR
10-06-2009, 10:45 AM
He's a "fan" of the game. His time as owner may go over as well as Daniel Snyder's has for the Redskins.

Dave Lane
10-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Go RUSH!!! I'd love to see him a part of the NFL!

I'll bet you would. What a endorsement :)

LaChapelle
10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
He can supply the fan base with pain killers.

MahiMike
10-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Fantastic! They'll be the 1st version of Rush's robots on the field. He'll pipe in his rhetoric and they'll follow him like sheep.

The_Doctor10
10-06-2009, 11:16 AM
I think Neal Peart would make an excellent GM....

LaChapelle
10-06-2009, 11:17 AM
If you can't have fun with this subject, your anus is too tight.

wild1
10-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I have no political view. I don't pretend to know anything about politics as you may have noticed since I never said anything about them. My whole argument was that the guy is racist which isn't very difficult to see.

Prove it

Bane
10-06-2009, 11:18 AM
929 million dollars is what fox is reporting that the Rams are worth......DAMN!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Iowanian
10-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Stewart Smalley bought Minnesota, I don't see why mm mmm mmm Rush Hundson Limbaugh mmmm mmmm mmm can't be a partial owner of a football team.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2009, 11:21 AM
929 million dollars is what fox is reporting that the Rams are worth......DAMN!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Word around town is that they may get in the neighborhood of $800M.

Prospective buyers know that Rosenbloom/Rodriguez are a bit desperate due to the Estate Tax.

ChiefsCountry
10-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Remember this is only for 60% of the team, Kroenke owns the other 40%.

Bane
10-06-2009, 11:29 AM

Prospective buyers know that Rosenbloom/Rodriguez are a bit desperate due to the Estate Tax.

That's a lot of damn money for any team if you ask me,but I remember Daniel Snyder paying 800 million for the Redskins several years ago!I may be wrong,which isn't unusual,but I thought I read something years ago that said the guys that owns the Giants paid 1500 dollars for the team.I think it was way,way back,but still just to think about spending almost a billion dollars on a football team is crazy!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
10-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Stewart Smalley bought Minnesota, I don't see why mm mmm mmm Rush Hundson Limbaugh mmmm mmmm mmm can't be a partial owner of a football team.Ziggy wants you dead

http://a.espncdn.com/media/nfl/2005/1016/photo/a_wilf_195.jpg

Norman Einstein
10-06-2009, 11:33 AM
so you think Michael Moore would be a good owner?I don't know, all I can tell you about his is that he is a liberal asshole.

blaise
10-06-2009, 11:33 AM

Why, because he said McNabb is overrated because he's black? I never really got why that's racist. It might be wrong, I think it's wrong, but I don't understand how that made him a racist.
Isiah Thomas once said Larry Bird was overrated because he was white and the media kissed his ass for 20 years.

Norman Einstein
10-06-2009, 11:34 AM

You assume because I don't decry his attempt to buy the Rams that I agree with his POV. You couldn't be further from the truth, but I don't think that really has any bearing on your comment. You wouldn't know truth if it hit you in the ass.

Norman Einstein
10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
:)

You and Franken, siting a tree, you know the rest.

Bane
10-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I was wrong,imagine that right? The Giants were awarded to Billy Gibson and Tim Mara in 1925 for 500 dollars!!!Yes I know that was almost 100 years ago but still.
Posted via Mobile Device

wild1
10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Stewart Smalley bought Minnesota, I don't see why mm mmm mmm Rush Hundson Limbaugh mmmm mmmm mmm can't be a partial owner of a football team.

Stuart won by a margin small enough for ACORN to register in one day. And, also on a bunch of ballots that were continually "discovered" over the course of months.

None of that ACORN activity was ever investigated to any extent, either.

blaise
10-06-2009, 11:55 AM

That price sounds right, I think. I think Bob McNair paid the NFL about $700 million for the Texans.

bowener
10-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I hate the lambs but I would never wish this on any fanbase. What's really sad is the fact that he can actually afford to do this. The most ignorant man on the planet makes enough money to own a large pharmaceutical storage facility, accessed through his bathroom vanity. AMERICA **** YEAH!!!

fyp

POND_OF_RED
10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Why, because he said McNabb is overrated because he's black? I never really got why that's racist. It might be wrong, I think it's wrong, but I don't understand how that made him a racist.
Isiah Thomas once said Larry Bird was overrated because he was white and the media kissed his ass for 20 years.

That's definitely the only racist remark Rush has ever said.

As a young broadcaster in the 1970s, Limbaugh once told a black caller: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back." A decade ago, after becoming nationally syndicated, he mused on the air: "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

In 1992, on his now-defunct TV show, Limbaugh expressed his ire when Spike Lee urged that black schoolchildren get off from school to see his film Malcolm X: "Spike, if you're going to do that, let's complete the education experience. You should tell them that they should loot the theater, and then blow it up on their way out."

In a similar vein, here is Limbaugh's mocking take on the NAACP, a group with a 90-year commitment to nonviolence: "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

When Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL) was in the U.S. Senate, the first black woman ever elected to that body, Limbaugh would play the "Movin' On Up" theme song from TV's Jeffersons when he mentioned her. Limbaugh sometimes still uses mock dialect -- substituting "ax" for "ask"-- when discussing black leaders.
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2549

Dottefan
10-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Why?

Really?

PunkinDrublic
10-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm sure this was just a part of one of his drug induced hallucinations.

I have a question for some of the cons on here. When Rush O.Ds who's talking points are you going to parrot over in D.C?

patteeu
10-06-2009, 04:31 PM

Don't you have to be racist to draw the conclusion that those statement's are racist? For example, how do you connect the "NAACP should have riot rehearsal" comment with racism? Is it just because the NAACP is an organization based on race or does it have something to do with your own prejudices about the race that it's based on?

Dottefan
10-06-2009, 04:32 PM
I would hope to never see such a Racist P.O.S own an NFL

Dottefan
10-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Don't you have to be racist to draw the conclusion that those statement's are racist? For example, how do you connect the "NAACP should have riot rehearsal" comment with racism? Is it just because the NAACP is an organization based on race or does it have something to do with your own prejudices about the race that it's based on?

I love how you folks hate to actualy answer questions.. what does the NAACP have to do with a Bigot like rush owning a team. Rush`s track record speaks for it self. I would never want to see him own a team.

Just Passin' By
10-06-2009, 04:36 PM

Ok, quoting Fair should result in an immediate lobotomy for your own good.

patteeu
10-06-2009, 04:42 PM
I love how you folks hate to actualy answer questions.. what does the NAACP have to do with a Bigot like rush owning a team. Rush`s track record speaks for it self. I would never want to see him own a team.

Sorry, the answer to your question was "yeah, really". Now where's the answer to mine?

I didn't bring up the NAACP. Pond of Red did.

Radar Chief
10-06-2009, 04:45 PM

Uh, because that's in the article he's responding too? :spock:
At least Rush is a former addict, what's your excuse?

PRIEST
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
He can supply the fan base with pain killers.

THIS

Rush is a Turd

KCWolfman
10-06-2009, 05:03 PM

I am not a fan of shock radio, but I have never heard Rush Limbaugh make a racist derogatory comment. I have heard his stupid analysis at times in which he believes blacks are led by the nose by crafty Democrats, and I have seen his quotes regarding McNabb and the area of Darfur.

But I have yet to see a comment in which I am led to believe he finds blacks to be lesser intellect or worth in anyway. He does believe others find blacks to be of lesser intellect and he attempts to spotlight that idea, but again, I haven't seen a hate filled remark from him regarding one's color yet. It may be there, but it hasn't been brought to light yet.

In fact, I find most that find Mr. Limbaugh distasteful have yet to listen to a single minute of his program. Those that I have spoke with find him disagreeable simply from word of mouth.

RealSNR
10-06-2009, 05:03 PM

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2549Ten bucks says if he buys the Rams he kicks all the black players off the team for wearing dreadlocks and not looking like respectable white people.

Oh wait, then his team would suck...

Halfcan
10-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I was thinking of a different Rush-bummer

Micjones
Doesn't he know black people play on the team?

ROFL

KCWolfman
I am not a fan of shock radio, but I have never heard Rush Limbaugh make a racist derogatory comment. I have heard his stupid analysis at times in which he believes blacks are led by the nose by crafty Democrats, and I have seen his quotes regarding McNabb and the area of Darfur.

But I have yet to see a comment in which I am led to believe he finds blacks to be lesser intellect or worth in anyway. He does believe others find blacks to be of lesser intellect and he attempts to spotlight that idea, but again, I haven't seen a hate filled remark from him regarding one's color yet. It may be there, but it hasn't been brought to light yet.

In fact, I find most that find Mr. Limbaugh distasteful have yet to listen to a single minute of his program. Those that I have spoke with find him disagreeable simply from word of mouth.

I stand corrected. I just read Snopes. Evidently, in the early 1970s he did say "take the bone out of your nose" when he could not understand a caller to a top 40 station. While it is documented in Newsweek, there is no current tape of the conversation. Snopes calls it "True" without verification.

That is the only comment that I can find directly related to disdain due to ones background.

Terribilis
10-06-2009, 05:35 PM
some sweet quotes here

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

KCWolfman
10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
some sweet quotes here

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

Each one (other than the bone comment) are easily explained or gauged as a perception of others regarding blacks, not his own feelings.

e.g. The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies

This statement was made when defense came up regarding the LA Riots and how the NAACP was going to create a fund to defend men such as the ones who brough solid concrete blocks down on the head of a white trucker pulled from his vehicle.

The Wanted poster statement was made at the same time the bone in the nose statement was made - undocumented but believed to be true. Since Limbaugh hasn't denied this one, I am inclined to believe the statement was made.... in 1973.

"The media is desirous to have a black QB do well." They were. That is not a hit against Limbaugh, but rather those politically correct idiots who demanded teams interview men of all race for coach positions. The same ones pimped Cunningham like crazy and then moved to McNabb. Both were okay, but neither as stellar as pimped to be.

Etc etc etc

Mojo Jojo
10-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't understand what his politics have anything to do with this. The Hunt's (as in Clark & Company) are close friends of the Bush's. Yet you are still Chiefs fans. If the guy can afford to be a part of a NFL ownership group more power to him.

VAChief
10-06-2009, 05:53 PM
He should buy a baseball team, he seems to have an "inside" track on Dominican boys.

wild1
10-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Ten bucks says if he buys the Rams he kicks all the black players off the team for wearing dreadlocks and not looking like respectable white people.

retarted statement of the day award - winner is you!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't understand what his politics have anything to do with this. The Hunt's (as in Clark & Company) are close friends of the Bush's. Yet you are still Chiefs fans. If the guy can afford to be a part of a NFL ownership group more power to him.

And some of the Hunts were involved in giving money to organizations that helped fund Iran-Contra.

I fucking detest Rush Limbaugh, he's a piece of shit, but there's really no reason why he can't own an NFL franchise.

Simplex3
10-06-2009, 06:27 PM

ROFL

Do you realize how fucking hilarious your position is? You're bad mouthing someone you don't know because of something you *think* they are. It's the very definition of the thing you're accusing him of.

Ralphy Boy
10-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Not really a fan of Rush, (loudmouth idiot) but he would be the perfect person to buy them because he's from Missouri and doesn't want them to leave.

Sully
10-06-2009, 07:47 PM
And some of the Hunts were involved in giving money to organizations that helped fund Iran-Contra.

And probably killed JFK!!!!!!

StcChief
10-06-2009, 08:45 PM
not a Lambs fan, but them leaving STL would be bad. If Limbaugh, Kronke, or any other "local" area boys can do it. Great. Get those good for nothing California kids of Georgia/John Robinson outta football.

Boon
10-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Rush could really show 'em how to dodge the draft.

4th and Long
10-06-2009, 09:33 PM
The Limbaugh Lambs. Yet one more reason to hate St. Louis. Outstanding.

RealSNR
10-06-2009, 11:06 PM
retarted statement of the day award - winner is you!Did you read my post, dickweed?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-06-2009, 11:08 PM
I have a new logo idea for him should he decide to get in the game.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mmc-beta-production/assets/10545/Oxycontin_1024_article.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
10-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Or maybe.......

http://www.cgstock.com/pics/4630.jpg

RippedmyFlesh
10-06-2009, 11:17 PM
I could see rush as a snyder type owner.
Over pay for FA by blowing everyone else out of the water for players and going through HC's like steinbrenner used to go through managers.

kc hopeful
10-07-2009, 04:29 AM
If he's so racist why did he have Clarence Thomas officiate his wedding? Walter Williams, and Emmett Tyrrell sub in for his show from time to time. "Snerdly" is black.

:shrug:

Norman Einstein
10-07-2009, 04:46 AM
I have a new logo idea for him should he decide to get in the game.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mmc-beta-production/assets/10545/Oxycontin_1024_article.jpg

So, do you think that you are immune to getting hooked on pain killers? I wish you luck if you ever fall into that quagmire.

If you do ever get hooked I hope we find out so I can put your vice on the screen after you claim to have quit to remind you how weak the human is.

Pioli Zombie
10-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Isn't "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" the results of Limbaugh's latest urine test?
Posted via Mobile Device

Norman Einstein
10-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Isn't "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" the results of Limbaugh's latest urine test?
Posted via Mobile Device

Where does your ignorance end?

Pioli Zombie
10-07-2009, 05:42 AM
Where does your ignorance end?
This is Obamas america, where I can rag on fat ass holes like Limbaugh as much as I want.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
10-07-2009, 05:45 AM
There is a lot of hate in this thread and none of it is coming from Limbaugh.

Pioli Zombie
10-07-2009, 05:55 AM
There is a lot of hate in this thread and none of it is coming from Limbaugh.

Only cuz he's not a poster here, ya big dummy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Archie F. Swin
10-07-2009, 06:42 AM
ok...someone needs to photoshop this onto a football helmet
http://www.rushbackstage.com/store/assets/images/products/rush/Accessories/RUSA004015A1L.jpg

kaplin42
10-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Way to make the Rams jump straight to my most hated team above the Raiders and Cowboys.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2009, 11:19 AM

He is racist because he expects people to be accountable for their decisions, even black people.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2009, 11:22 AM
So, do you think that you are immune to getting hooked on pain killers? I wish you luck if you ever fall into that quagmire.

If you do ever get hooked I hope we find out so I can put your vice on the screen after you claim to have quit to remind you how weak the human is.

I was on painkillers. I didn't even realize I was hooked, until I decided to quit taking them. I had only been on them for 10 days, and when I got off them, I could sleep for three straight days and had night sweats and tremors.

After the first night, I flushed the pills because I knew I would take them the next night if I was in similar shape.

I was supposed to be on them for up to three months. I can't even imagine how messed up I would be.

bevischief
10-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I was on painkillers. I didn't even realize I was hooked, until I decided to quit taking them. I had only been on them for 10 days, and when I got off them, I could sleep for three straight days and had night sweats and tremors.

After the first night, I flushed the pills because I knew I would take them the next night if I was in similar shape.

I was supposed to be on them for up to three months. I can't even imagine how messed up I would be.

I was on them for month and had no problems in stopping taking them.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2009, 12:44 PM

Thats the funny thing about the human body... every single one is different. It can depend on what part of your life you take them, what your percentage of body fat is, what your lean muscle mass is, etc.

I don't have any other addicitions.... well, do the Chiefs count? I mean, it has to be an addiction.... no one choooses this, right?

Demonpenz
10-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Rush had one good hit with Tom Sawyer. How the hell do they have all this money

patteeu
10-07-2009, 01:06 PM

I've been on them for 3 1/2 years and I could easily quit if I really wanted to. I lost my job, my wife left me, and the state took away my kids. By God, that's the last straw... if I have any more bad turns of luck in my life, I'm going to seriously think about quitting.

;)

Radar Chief
10-07-2009, 01:11 PM

Dude, "Free Will" owns.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2009, 01:16 PM

I SHOULD NEG REP YOU DOUCHER!!!!1!!!!

ChiefsCountry
10-07-2009, 01:22 PM
If Rush runs that team how he was trained under Mr. K, Rams should be in good shape. Dave Checketts has done an outstanding job with the Blues.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2009, 01:41 PM
If Rush runs that team how he was trained under Mr. K, Rams should be in good shape. Dave Checketts has done an outstanding job with the Blues.

I'll ask you, since my point was widely ignored earlier.

What makes anyone think that:

a) Limbaugh would be the majority owner;

b) That 75% of current NFL owners would give him the votes he needs for approval?

ChiefsCountry
10-07-2009, 01:43 PM

b) That 75% of current NFL owners would give him the votes he needs for approval?

If I read the Post-Dispatch right - Checketts is the main man on their group and Rush is one of the investors?

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2009, 01:49 PM
If I read the Post-Dispatch right - Checketts is the main man on their group and Rush is one of the investors?

Yes.

So what do people do? Ignore that small fact, and go on acting as if he'll be the owner...

SenselessChiefsFan
10-07-2009, 02:05 PM

I realize that he is not the majority owner, but even if he were, YES the Owners would give him the votes.

#1) The owners aren't exactly democrats, I would assume.

#2) No such thing as bad publicity.

ChiefsCountry
10-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes.

So what do people do? Ignore that small fact, and go on acting as if he'll be the owner...

Yes bc most people are fucking stupid.

SDChiefs
10-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah, but did the Royals do anything in the 80's?

Oh, wait. They won the World Series.

Just maybe it's time for Rush to buy the Chiefs.!!!!!!

I would stop, no questions asked, being a Chiefs fan.

Radar Chief
10-07-2009, 02:34 PM

:shrug: If they could bring in a decent offensive line and quite wasting draft picks on defensive tackle busts the Chiefs could be owned by Al Qaida.

Ugly Duck
10-07-2009, 11:51 PM
What's really sad is the fact that he can actually afford to do this. The most ignorant man on the planet makes enough money to own an NFL team.

Rush is the major stockholder of Snapple. I refuse to by Snapple.

googlegoogle
10-08-2009, 02:22 AM
LOL at libs here for saying rush called blacks n****ers or said blacks suck at football.

Just shows how far these people will stoop to attack someone with their favorite attack - Racism!

http://www.slate.com/id/2089193/

rush exposes the lib lies.

Norman Einstein
10-08-2009, 04:21 AM

What would your reasoning be?

Would you feel better if Michael Moore(on) owned the Chiefs? He would be more along the line of an acceptable owner because ???

Norman Einstein
10-08-2009, 04:27 AM
Rush is the major stockholder of Snapple. I refuse to by Snapple.

He also has stock in Pepsi, Coke, and a few other commodities.
Oh, I forgot the biggie, he has stock in Anheuser Busch.

MadMax
10-08-2009, 07:02 AM
I've been on them for 3 1/2 years and I could easily quit if I really wanted to. I lost my job, my wife left me, and the state took away my kids. By God, that's the last straw... if I have any more bad turns of luck in my life, I'm going to seriously think about quitting.

;)

Nah yer good, addiction is overrated. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2009, 07:32 AM
LOL at libs here for saying rush called blacks n****ers or said blacks suck at football.

Just shows how far these people will stoop to attack someone with their favorite attack - Racism!

http://www.slate.com/id/2089193/

rush exposes the lib lies.

I never said he was racist. I said he was a drug addict who liked to fuck little boys. Let's not get this thing twisted.

dirk digler
10-08-2009, 07:39 AM

a) he issued a statement saying they would be the operators of the team

"Dave and I are part of a bid to buy the Rams and we are continuing the process. But I can say no more because of a confidentiality clause in our agreement with Goldman Sachs. We cannot and will not talk about our partners. But if we prevail we will be the operators of the team."

b) Good question and it is hard to tell but I know the clear majority of the players wouldn't want anything to do with the guy so this is going to be a hard sell for him

Ugly Duck
10-08-2009, 08:54 AM
never mind

patteeu
10-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I never said he was racist. I said he was a drug addict who liked to **** little boys. Let's not get this thing twisted.

He's admitted his drug addiction, but where'd you get the idea that he likes little boys?

patteeu
10-08-2009, 10:05 AM
b) Good question and it is hard to tell but I know the clear majority of the players wouldn't want anything to do with the guy so this is going to be a hard sell for him

How would you know something like that? I bet you're making assumptions based on race, aren't you?

Easy 6
10-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Limbaugh will blatantly lie to promote his agenda, cant stand him.

But i'd bet that 9 of 10 NFL owners are staunch Republicans who agree with a lot of what he says & its not stopping players on those teams from chasing their dream & collecting fat checks.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2009, 10:30 AM
He's admitted his drug addiction, but where'd you get the idea that he likes little boys?

It's just a wild internet rumor. I'm running with it. It's fun to rile up the huge supporters. I actually used to listen to the guy when I was a kid, but haven't in some time.

orange
10-08-2009, 10:47 AM

It's just a wild internet rumor. I'm running with it. It's fun to rile up the huge supporters. I actually used to listen to the guy when I was a kid, but haven't in some time.

It's from when he was stopped at the airport returning from the underage-prostitution capital of the world loaded down with a friend's Viagra.

dirk digler
10-08-2009, 10:48 AM
How would you know something like that? I bet you're making assumptions based on race, aren't you?

That is definitely part of it.

Romen Oben

From Bad to Worse

<!-- begin blogger thumbs --> <!-- end blogger thumbs --> I thought it could not be worse for the St. Louis Rams than being 0-4; I was wrong. Yesterday I read Rush Limbaugh is joining St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts as part of a group bidding to purchase the Rams.

I'm not sure what's lower: Rush Limbaugh's approval rating in the African American community or JaMarcus Russel's passer rating. But in a league of professional athletes who are mostly African American and come from humble backgrounds, a Limbaugh-owned Rams team would neither elicit the warmest reception by the players in the locker room, nor would it attract the free agent who is weighing options on his NFL future.

Anyone who has made a living bashing political leaders and their policies by vicious and unethical personal attacks, accused actor Michael J Fox of "exaggerating the effects of Parkinson's disease," made racially-charged comments about Donovan McNabb's ability as a black quarterback and hypocritically called for harsher punishment for minorities charged with low level drug crimes while himself being criminally addicted to oxycontin for many years, does not represent the honor, integrity and dignity for which the NFL shield is supposed to represent.

Character is a constant point of emphasis for NFL and team officials when it comes to the players; potential owners should be held to the same level of scrutiny and accountability.

orange
10-08-2009, 10:52 AM
But in a league of professional athletes who are mostly African American and come from humble backgrounds, a Limbaugh-owned Rams team would neither elicit the warmest reception by the players in the locker room, nor would it attract the free agent who is weighing options on his NFL future.

That's the critical point. It would do the foundering Rams franchise no favors.

Brock
10-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Ha! Those players, african american or not, have more in common with Limbaugh than they do with just about anyone here.

gblowfish
10-08-2009, 11:04 AM
One of my pal's in St. Louis sent me this from a Rams fan chat site. The Rams natives are restless:

With rumors circling that Rush Limbaugh and St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts are teaming up to purchase a majority stake of the St. Louis Rams, I thought we’d take a look at some changes Rush would make to the franchise.

10. The Rams will come out to Rush’s conservative talk radio theme song, The Pretenders’ “My City Was Gone.” The Pretenders will make sure PETA, Rush’s least favorite non-profit org, gets royalties every single time.

9. The team will never be allowed to run left — only right. Right, right, right. They’ll try and pound it into the opposition’s heads.

8. All players will wear a Ronald Reagan memorial patch every season, no exceptions. The team’s broadcasters will also be contractually bound to mention Reagan at least 137 times during each broadcast.

7. The pre-game patriotic singing of the “Star-Spangled Banner” will be replaced by “America the Beautiful,” except the song will be remixed into “America the Conservative.”

6. No black quarterbacks will be allowed on the Rams’ roster. That especially includes Donovan McNabb.

5. Republican Lynn Swann — probably the only black Republican in the country with legitimate NFL coaching credentials — will be made head coach. This will show the critics. Racist, schmacist.

4. Rush would offer the cross-state rival Chiefs a first-round pick to swap the teams colors — blue for red. No way a team of his is wearing blue, especially in a purple state.

3. Injured players will have a much easier time obtaining prescription pain pills.

2. Rush will sell the team within seven years, as that’s as long as any of his marriages have ever lasted.

1. Somebody other than he Rams will always be blamed by Rush for their losses, and any Super Bowl winner other than the Rams will be labeled “bad for America.”

orange
10-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Ha! Those players, african american or not, have more in common with Limbaugh than they do with just about anyone here.

Rich - check
Mindless, visceral entertainment - check
Performance-enhancing drugs - check

patteeu
10-09-2009, 10:47 AM
It's from when he was stopped at the airport returning from the underage-prostitution capital of the world loaded down with a friend's Viagra.

Yeah, I knew that, but I'd guess that there are way more female prostitutes in the Dominican Republic (where it's legal, btw) than male and many of them might even be 18 or older. Here's an interesting article (http://dr1.com/articles/prostitution.shtml) on Dominican prostitution.

Typically, the girl who works in these tourist areas as a prostitute is in her late teens or early twenties. She may be from the surrounding area or quite frequently she may have come from another part of the country. She may have previously worked as a prostitute in one of the brothels around the country that cater to Dominican men but came to realize that she could make more money from tourists. The majority of these women have one or more children by a Dominican male but the vast majority of the time, the father has abandoned the family and his fatherly duties and the woman is left the raise the children herself. Generally, this responsibility is handed over to the prostitutes’ mother. This cycle frequently repeats itself generation over generation.

patteeu
10-09-2009, 10:49 AM
That is definitely part of it.

That's pretty much the definition of racism, you know?

orange
10-09-2009, 10:51 AM
The "little boys" part is just a symptom of the times. Look no further than ChiefsPlanet where every argument descends to gay sex insults. The country's obsessed.

dirk digler
10-09-2009, 05:34 PM
LMAO
The opinions continue to roll in regarding the possibility that radio host Rush Limbaugh will soon own the St. Louis Rams.

Giants defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka says that he'd never play for a Limbaugh-owned team.

"All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in [President] Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on,'" Kiwanuka said, per the New York Daily News. "I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play.

"I am not going to draw a conclusion from a person off of one comment, but when it is time after time after time and there's a consistent pattern of disrespect and just a complete misunderstanding of an entire culture that I am a part of, I can't respect him as a man," Kiwanuka added.

Earlier this week, Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb -- the player at the center of the controversy that ended Limbaugh's on-air role at ESPN after roughly a month -- made his own views known.

"If he's rewarded to buy them, congratulations to him," McNabb said, per the Daily News. "But I won't be in St. Louis anytime soon."

Jets linebacker Bart Scott echoed the sentiment. "I know I wouldn't want to play for him. He's a jerk. . . . What he said [about McNabb] was inappropriate and insensitive, totally off-base. He could offer me whatever he wanted, I wouldn't play for him. . . . I wouldn't play for Rush Limbaugh. My principles are greater and I can't be bought."

In our view, Limbaugh is smart enough to know that his interest in buying the Rams would create this kind of reaction. The only remaining questions, in our view, are whether he'll paint himself as a victim of bias and intolerance if his bid is withdrawn or rejected -- and whether he'll become a modern-day version of George Preston Marshall in reverse if Limbaugh lands the team.

The late Redskins owner had no black players because he resisted employing them (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1161018/index.htm); Limbaugh would potentially have no black players because they would refuse to work for him.

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Rush is judging Miss America now to.

patteeu
10-09-2009, 08:18 PM
LMAO

There might well be some white morons who wouldn't play for him either, but that doesn't mean that all NFL players are morons.