PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What did we get for Jared Allen?

Archie F. Swin
10-06-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm almost afraid to ask :banghead:

DumbHillbillies
10-06-2009, 07:17 AM
brandon albert, cottam and morgan

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-06-2009, 07:23 AM
What an awesome game he had last night 4 1/2 sacks.

Carl Peterson should be shot for letting him go.

Bane
10-06-2009, 07:26 AM
A song by Ice Cube (Oshea Jackson) called no vaseline!That's what we got.
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Well it wouldn't have been so bad if we knew how to pick players. Even if we had Tony G and Allen we'd still be losing anyways.

ChiTown
10-06-2009, 07:30 AM
A 1972 Chevy Impala with bald tires........

Bane
10-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Well it wouldn't have been so bad if we knew how to pick players. Even if we had Tony G and Allen we'd still be losing anyways.

That's fine by me,I'd rather loose with my favorite players versus a bunch of college players that should be working at target!!!!At least then I'd have someone to root for!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
10-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Shows just how bad the management and coaching was in KC...

ChiTown
10-06-2009, 07:31 AM
A 1972 Chevy Impala with bald tires........

http://www.stillruns.com/chevy/1972/1250482791/photo_three.jpg

Bane
10-06-2009, 07:32 AM
I'd much rather lose with TG dunking on the goal post and JA pounding Kyle Ortons face into the turf!!!YEAH!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Radar Chief
10-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Yup, sure am glad the Chiefs got rid of the alcoholic with an attitude problem that didn’t want to be here anymore. Tamba Hali is just as good anyway.

jidar
10-06-2009, 07:35 AM

Bullshit. More drafterbation around here...

Listen the point of draft picks is to try to get just one player like Allen and a team is lucky to get one every few years. Under no circumstances is trading one of those away for draft picks the right thing to do.

Here is something about 1/3rd of this board needs to learn

DRAFT PICKS DON'T PLAY GAMES, PLAYERS DO

loochy
10-06-2009, 07:38 AM

Listen the point of draft picks is to try to get just one player like Allen and a team is lucky to get one of every few years. Under no circumstances is trading one of those away for draft picks the right thing to do.

I agree, BUT by the time the rest of the team caught up, Allen would be on the downside of his career.

*EDIT* I take this all back. Allen is younger than I thought.

jidar
10-06-2009, 07:40 AM
I agree, BUT by the time the rest of the team caught up, Allen would be on the downside of his career.

That's what fans of losing teams say to make themselves feel better. DEs play a long time.

Bane
10-06-2009, 07:41 AM

Works for me.Then he calls it a career and retires the Chiefs all time sack leader...Good story if you ask me.
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
10-06-2009, 07:42 AM
That's what fans of losing teams say to make themselves feel better. DEs play a long time.

Well, I AM a fan of a losing team and I need to make myself feel better.

Skip Towne
10-06-2009, 07:45 AM
We got screwed without dinner or a movie.

Radar Chief
10-06-2009, 07:46 AM

I make myself feel better by thinking that if he’d have stayed, the Chiefs might not have been as bad as 2-14 and Herm and Carl could still be here.

Bane
10-06-2009, 07:46 AM
We got screwed without dinner or a movie.

Typically that's not so bad,but.......
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
10-06-2009, 07:51 AM
http://www.stillruns.com/chevy/1972/1250482791/photo_three.jpg

Did I mention the Vinyl seat covers?

Radar Chief
10-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Did I mention the Vinyl seat covers?

And the faux wood dash with the AM radio?

ChiTown
10-06-2009, 07:55 AM
And the faux wood dash with the AM radio?

Yeah........about the radio, the antenna is busted off. That said, we have a nice wire coat hanger that does a REALLY nice job when you are driving under 20 mph.

BigRedChief
10-06-2009, 07:55 AM
brandon albert, cottam and morgan
Actually it was the Jamal Charles pick, not the cottam pick.

GoTrav
10-06-2009, 07:56 AM

We got Herm, Jets got Leon Washington?

Bane
10-06-2009, 07:58 AM
We got Herm, Jets got Leon Washington?

That's kinda like getn aids when your buddy gets a blowjob!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

bobbything
10-06-2009, 08:08 AM
If we still had Allen and Gonzalez I'm of the firm opinion that Herm would still be here.

BigRedChief
10-06-2009, 08:10 AM

*EDIT* I take this all back. Allen is younger than I thought.
huh? The dude was in his prime when traded. You never ever trade a Pro Bowl caliber DE in his prime. No matter what you get, its a bad deal. Typical King Carl. for ole tymes sake

DAMNIT CARL! :cuss:

TEX
10-06-2009, 08:14 AM

Listen the point of draft picks is to try to get just one player like Allen and a team is lucky to get one every few years. Under no circumstances is trading one of those away for draft picks the right thing to do.

This.

DumbHillbillies
10-06-2009, 08:17 AM

That makes it a little bettter but not by much.

Amnorix
10-06-2009, 08:35 AM
huh? The dude was in his prime when traded. You never ever trade a Pro Bowl caliber DE in his prime. No matter what you get, its a bad deal. Typical King Carl. for ole tymes sake

DAMNIT CARL! :cuss:

Well, I'd agree, but there can be exceptions. Take Richard Seymour. He was int he last year of his contract, and we knew damn well we couldn't keep him, and we're getting what ought to be a high 1st from the Raiders....

CoMoChief
10-06-2009, 08:48 AM

Not as much. This team needs to learn how to win games. We need talent. And the fact that we just got rid out of ALL of the talent we had in a failing rebuilding project from tweedle dee and dumb makes this more sickening. Everytime a MIN game comes on, my buddy from Minneapolis texts me saying "Thanks for Allen" which really ****ing pisses me off. Allen and TonyG both are game changers. Jared Allen takes the ball away from opposing teams.....cuts down their scoring. Gives the ball back to the offense which is was we desperately need. We are awful on 3rd down....have been since he's left. TonyG is the opposite, on 3rd down he's in the clutch, he makes plays, keeps the chains moving. And is a huge threat in the endzone, somwhere this team doesn't have a ****ing clue how to get to. You simply need good players to win games. Players play....coaches coach.

I mean...WTF....Jared Allen outsacked the entire Chiefs team last season.....BY HIMSELF!!!! If that is not a giant kick in the go-nads to this organization I dont know what is. We got rid of the DE that was SUPPOSED to replace him (McBride) just another dipshitted dumbass 2nd rd pick from Carl and Co. FAIL just like Bernard Pollard.

Cottam and Morgan won't crack the starting lineup with Haley and Co here. Albert is not even close to living up to the expectations that would even make this trade look remotely even.

The TonyG trade doesn't bother as much, having that said Cassel would love to throw to him. Any developing QB would....I'm sure Ryan is loving it. But he was older and the thought was to get something out of him before he retires. Which we got a 2nd rounder. Actually a value of a 3rd since its next year's draft. But Allen was only 26, and had about 6-7 good quality seasons ahead of him barring any injuries. You just simply don't get rid of good young players unless theyre a cancer to the team. The whole alcohol thing IMO blew over and he changed his ways. To use that as an excuse is ****ing retarded. Some people's arguments here were, well if he got caught again he'd be suspended for a full season.......uh OK, so instead of having him 7 seasons we get him for 6. BFD. All fingers pointed to him changing his ways.....he got into incredible shape, played like a badass on a shitty team, then got ****ed come negotiation time.

Thanks Carl. I hope you watched last night's game. Not that you care....you're probably rotting away somehwere, being a fucking dickhead towards waiters at restaurants while they go in the back and put pubes in your food.

Simply Red
10-06-2009, 08:51 AM
yeah, it was a great move.

JD10367
10-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Well, I'd agree, but there can be exceptions. Take Richard Seymour. He was int he last year of his contract, and we knew damn well we couldn't keep him, and we're getting what ought to be a high 1st from the Raiders....

Yes, but even in that case there can be some argument. The post you're responding to said, "You never ever trade a Pro Bowl caliber DE in his prime". I would argue that some people think Seymour is past his prime. Or, if he's still in his prime, it's only for one more season, maybe two. So getting a high 1st for him was a great deal, especially when your team has talent in the other areas.

In KC's case, having little talent, and having JA fairly young, I think it was a ridiculously stupid move to dump him. At least when Pioli moved Tony G he was moving a guy in the twilight of his career who didn't want to be in KC.

CoMoChief
10-06-2009, 10:27 AM
If we still had Allen and Gonzalez I'm of the firm opinion that Herm would still be here.

Not with Clark here. If Lamar was still alive then yes....in fact Carl would be here forever.

Gravedigger
10-06-2009, 10:37 AM

I don't know if I'd go that far, a target to pull double coverage off Bowe and to be a reliable over the middle source for Matt Cassel would sure be nice. And Allen putting pressure on the QB to get him to get rid of it faster towards Brandon Flowers direction, I bet you as a whole we'd have 2 wins.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
We got screwed in the ass without a condom, dinner or a movie.

Fixed it for ya Skip

BigChiefFan
10-06-2009, 12:50 PM
We got fumbles and false start in exchange.

ThunderChief
10-06-2009, 02:41 PM
As it turns out, we got Madoffed.