PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs @ Cowboys, Dec. 2005

Archie F. Swin
10-06-2009, 09:48 AM
I was there a few years ago in Irving (sitting next to DallasChief & GoChiefs...Bob Dole was in attendance as well)

3 things I remember clearly:

1) Larry Johnson become THE running back for KC in the wake of Priest Holmes injury earlier that season

2) Drew Bledsoe threw a TD pass on a f**king FLEA FLICKER!!!!

3) Lawrence Tynes (who now has an Super Bowl ring) missed the game-tying FG for the Chiefs (think that was his rookie season)

I think the only thing halfway interesting for Sunday's game will be the fact that the Chiefs will be wearing their Dallas Texans' uniforms.

El Jefe
10-06-2009, 09:54 AM
I was there a few years ago in Irving (sitting next to DallasChief & GoChiefs...Bob Dole was in attendance as well)

3 things I remember clearly:

1) Larry Johnson become THE running back for KC in the wake of Priest Holmes injury earlier that season

2) Drew Bledsoe threw a TD pass on a f**king FLEA FLICKER!!!!

3) Lawrence Tynes (who now has an Super Bowl ring) missed the game-tying FG for the Chiefs (think that was his rookie season)

I think the only thing halfway interesting for Sunday's game will be the fact that the Chiefs will be wearing their Dallas Texans' uniforms.

I was at my brothers house (he's a Cowboys fan). I went crazy when Trent Green got us into field goal range, all that work just to have that tard miss the tieing field goal.

rockymtnchief
10-06-2009, 09:55 AM
I was at that game.

IIRC, the snap for the game ending FG was pretty crappy.

I'm hoping for a better outcome this weekend.

Molitoth
10-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Yes I remember exactly where I was while watching this game. Watching on a 24" 1980's TV over antenna.

Was soooo pissed after that loss.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-06-2009, 10:00 AM
I remember there was some BS pass inference call in the end zone on 4th down

bobbything
10-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Wasn't that the game where LJ whiffed on Fujita that caused Green to fumble when we were inside the 10 yard line?

Archie F. Swin
10-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Wasn't that the game where LJ whiffed on Fujita that caused Green to fumble when we were inside the 10 yard line?

yup!

Hammock Parties
10-06-2009, 10:02 AM
All I remember is being assaulted in the parking lot.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2mp0h2r.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/4ttzqr.jpg

Archie F. Swin
10-06-2009, 10:09 AM
ah good times!

Hammock Parties
10-06-2009, 10:14 AM
I remember there was some BS pass inference call in the end zone on 4th down

Here's how it went down...and I was livid.

The Cowboys had the ball on their last drive by the goal line. The Chiefs STOPPED the Cowboys on fourth down and the game was OVER. But a holding call on Derrick Johnson gave the Cowboys a new set of downs.

It was a legit holding call. But it was BULLSHIT because either on that play or the play before, the Cowboys' offensive line had pretty much ripped the jersey right off Eric Hicks. The uncalled holding on Dallas was BRUTALLY obvious.

We got jobbed by the officials at the end of the game.

And despite all that crap, Trent still made that incredible pass to give the Chiefs a chance. And Tynes fucked it up. The bastard.

http://i35.tinypic.com/qye3w2.gif

On a positive note it might have been the greatest football game I've ever seen live. The 2006 Raiders game came close, though (Page).

Hammock Parties
10-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Gunther knew we got jobbed by the officials, too. No shit, this was right after that holding call.

http://georgeblowfish.com/gunbird.jpg

CoMoChief
10-06-2009, 10:17 AM
And Gunther giving the finger, then realizing the CBS cameras were on him, then waves his hands "No good" trying to play it off LMAO

Archie F. Swin
10-06-2009, 10:23 AM
We got jobbed by the officials at the end of the game.

And despite all that crap, Trent still made that incredible pass to give the Chiefs a chance. And Tynes ****ed it up. The bastard.

http://i35.tinypic.com/qye3w2.gif

who caught that pass, Dante?

Demonpenz
10-06-2009, 10:24 AM
scott fujita shudder. the holding noncall on hicks terrible, and Kendel gammon was hurt and we had Tyler perry's house of bad snaps playing

ferrarispider95
10-06-2009, 10:28 AM
That game cost us the playoffs in the end as we finished 10-6 and just missed. I think we layed an egg in the week before against Buffalo. I am not defending Tynes, but I remember the snap was off or high or something of that nature, but the ball did get down and tynes yanked it.

notorious
10-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Getting that BS call that GAVE Dallas the touchdown and the end pissed me off something fierce.

The Dallas game and the Philly game where we were up 30 at half cost us a superbowl run.

ferrarispider95
10-06-2009, 10:34 AM

Dante, I am almost positive.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2009, 10:35 AM

Yes, Trent threw a perfect pass 40 yards down the field to the smallest guy ON the field.

One of the best throws he ever made.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2u7rle8.gif

jjjayb
10-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Ahh the good old days when I still gave a shit about a loss. Way back when I still had hope. A loss or win actually had playoff implications. Sigh. :(

bishop_74
10-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Ahh the good old days when I still gave a shit about a loss. Way back when I still had hope. A loss or win actually had playoff implications. Sigh. :(

LOL. I was just thinking how fun it was when we were competitive. I remember how infuriating it was when we lost 101-97 because our defense was so terrible, but it was a helluva lot more fun than this.:deevee:

notorious
10-06-2009, 10:56 AM
LOL. I was just thinking how fun it was when we were competitive. I remember how infuriating it was when we lost 101-97 because our defense was so terrible, but it was a helluva lot more fun than this.:deevee:

As I read this I am hearing Cinderalla singing,"Don't know what ya got, til' it's goooonnnnneee!"

CaliforniaChief
10-06-2009, 11:07 AM
That game was such a heartbreaker. The last week of the season we needed the Steelers to lose to the Lions to get in as the 6th seed...Steelers held them off, went on and won the Super Bowl. That was 2005, wasn't it?

Dallas Chief
10-06-2009, 11:15 AM
All I remember is being assaulted in the parking lot.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2mp0h2r.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/4ttzqr.jpg

Good times indeed! I posted that I had three extra tickets for the game and it took Clayton all of about 10 seconds to PM me reserving two for him and his pops! He was a super nice guy. What happened to you Wendler??? LOL :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
10-06-2009, 11:21 AM
That game was such a heartbreaker. The last week of the season we needed the Steelers to lose to the Lions to get in as the 6th seed...Steelers held them off, went on and won the Super Bowl. That was 2005, wasn't it?

Bottom line: The Chiefs didnt take care of business like they needed to.

The Philly game we should have won at home hurts more IMO than the road games at Dallas/NY that year.

Red Coater
10-06-2009, 11:37 AM
when they got into field goal range. I remember this old little mexican women with a star on her face praying with her hands together and eyes closed. they showed her right before we tried to kick the field goal. I thought to myself F*** he is going to mis it. Damn that old women. She must of had a better relationship with god, cause I was praying too.

Reaper16
10-06-2009, 11:46 AM
That game still pisses me off.

Archie F. Swin
10-06-2009, 12:00 PM
That's the only regular season Chiefs game I've ever attended. Thanks to DallasChief. :)

bishop_74
10-06-2009, 01:42 PM
That was bad... but not nearly as bad as the Denver playoff game in '97. I seriously thought I was having a heart attack I was so upset. I can't believe we blew that game.

TrickyNicky
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
The game that really pissed me off was the Buffalo game. They were horrible and LJ was going off, but Green threw 3 picks that just killed us while he was busy dieing cause our line couldn't block. Oh and we made JP Losman look like the QBOTF. 3 measly points.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-06-2009, 02:13 PM
we had a good team that year, i think we would have done some damage if we made the playoffs

loochy
10-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I was there too! I couldn't believe the number of Chiefs fans there. It looked like about 1/4 of Texas Stadium was wearing red. I also remember paying $20 to park in a shitty gravel parking lot with weeds in it. WTF seriously? This is the NFL - build a damn paved parking lot. Thank God they are tearing that dump of a stadium down.

Anyways, on that last drive, wasn't there also some sort of awesome catch by one of our wideouts as he fell out of bounds? I think I remember a challenge on it, but the call stood and we got the first down.

And yes, I definitely remember the snap (and therefore the hold) being bad on that last field goal attempt.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Would you guys shut up! Deal with the reality we NOW have. We suck and will never ever ever win again. And our coach Hates our team. and we've given away our best players!

PriestMVP31
10-06-2009, 02:46 PM
This was the only Chiefs game I've ever been to. I remember Samie Parker had some ridiculous catch right on the sideline that they reviewed. When Tynes kicked that ball, I thought it went in since I was right in line with the back of the end zone, in the upper deck. But i didn't know he pushed it wide until I saw the refs signal no good. I was furious.

That place was about 35% filled with KC fans though. Awesome.

redngold85
10-06-2009, 02:47 PM

this is what I remember