PDA

View Full Version : Misc Selfish Non Charger San Diego questions

blaise
10-07-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm going to San Diego on Saturday. I get in around 9:00 am and I have a function at 8:00 pm, so I have the day to myself basically. I've never been. Anyone familiar with the city have any tips/ideas about cool spots to see/things to do, or places to avoid? I don't want to go to the zoo, by the way; nothing against zoos, but I get my fill of family type activities at home when I'm with the wife and kids. It could be a cool bar to sit and eat some seafood and watch college football, or a cool area of the city. I have some ideas but I was hoping for some tips.
I don't think I'm getting a rental car because I plan on drinking a few cold ones during the day, so I'll be using public transportation mostly. From what I've seen it's pretty convenient and cheap.
Rep for feedback, etc.

TrebMaxx
10-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Take your feather boa and hook up with Buck. He can take you to some interesting bars. Other than that I have nothing.

Donger
10-07-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm going to San Diego on Saturday. I get in around 9:00 am and I have a function at 8:00 pm, so I have the day to myself basically. I've never been. Anyone familiar with the city have any tips/ideas about cool spots to see/things to do, or places to avoid? I don't want to go to the zoo, by the way; nothing against zoos, but I get my fill of family type activities at home when I'm with the wife and kids. It could be a cool bar to sit and eat some seafood and watch college football, or a cool area of the city. I have some ideas but I was hoping for some tips.
I don't think I'm getting a rental car because I plan on drinking a few cold ones during the day, so I'll be using public transportation mostly. From what I've seen it's pretty convenient and cheap.
Rep for feedback, etc.

Downtown San Diego is one of most favorite places in the world. Just go to the Gaslamp and walk around.

Buck
10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Come over to BuckinKaedings house, we can get fucked up.

The Franchise
10-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Downtown San Diego is one of most favorite places in the world. Just go to the Gaslamp and walk around.

I got kicked out of the Hooters in the Gas Lamp district.

Buck
10-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Oh, its probably going to be a little chilly, like between 60 and 70 degrees, which is cold as hell for some of us. Make sure you pack a light jacket just in case.

A cool bar downtown is Freds. They have awesome tacos.

The Franchise
10-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Oh, its probably going to be a little chilly, like between 60 and 70 degrees, which is cold as hell for some of us. Make sure you pack a light jacket just in case.

A cool bar downtown is Freds. They have awesome tacos.

If you're from the Midwest then you'll be happy with 60-70 degrees....and can wear shorts and a t-shirt. LMAO

tooge
10-07-2009, 10:54 AM
find a rubios and get the original fish taco there. Amazing.

Molitoth
10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Mission Beach:
Grab a Grilled Mahi Mahi Wrap at Canes Bar & Grill where you can sit down on the roof and watch battleships and dolphins up and down the coast. Take a jog on the boardwalk during sunset. Everyone stops what they are doing and watches... no matter how many times they have seen it. One of the most beautiful things ever witnessed.

La jolla:
Has some great seafood restaraunts... I recommend "The Crabcatcher". Be sure and drool over the Ferrari and Lamborgini dealerships. =P

Coronado Island:
Peohe's is a great resturaunt overlooking the downtown San Diego skyline.

ModSocks
10-08-2009, 09:30 AM
It depends on what your into.

La Jolla Coves are really nice. If you wanna see an upscale beach front with nice coves, chill in the grass while watching the sea roll in and out, that's the place.

Pacific Beach is where it's at though. A very nice bar scene near the beach with hotties everywhere you look. San Diego has some of the finest women in the country, and you can find most of the drunk ones in PB.

Or you can chill downtown. Be there starting around 9-10 pm, hit up all the bars and get wasted. You're eyes will be glued to the plethora of nice asses in mini skirts and tight jeans. Lots of places to drink. There is even a Hooters down there if you wanna red-neck it.

Mission Valley & Fashion Valley (right next to each other) have a bunch of nice restraunts, hotels and Shopping malls

Belmont Park (Mission Beach Area). More of a family beach, but there is a rollercoaster and games there and a couple of small places to get a bite or a drink. Popular tourist spot. Lots of hotties.

PunkinDrublic
10-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I love SD the only thing that sucks is leaving and coming back to where you live and realizing how drab and depressing it is in comparison. I love KC but it was hard moving back after living in SoCal for 4 years.

JohninGpt
10-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I got kicked out of the Hooters in the Gas Lamp district.

You're not supposed to stuff $1 bills in their orange shorts.

Warrior5
10-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I love SD the only thing that sucks is leaving and coming back to where you live and realizing how drab and depressing it is in comparison. I love KC but it was hard moving back after living in SoCal for 4 years.

Interesting... my wife and I were both born and raised in San Diego, and after graduating from SDSU, Army life sent us elsewhere. AWESOME place to grow up, but I hate going back now to visit. To me, overdevelopment, overcrowding, and overpricing have ruined SD.

Only things I do miss are the ocean and authentic mexican food...

thecoffeeguy
10-08-2009, 10:31 AM
where are you staying at?

blaise
10-08-2009, 10:46 AM
where are you staying at?

That's the sort of strange thing. I have this thing at 8:00- 10:00 pm. I'll probably be going out with some of the people after that, so it'll be after midnight. My flight the next day is at 6:30 AM, so I'm considering just getting a cab to the airport and sleeping the few hours there. I don't want to pay money to sleep in a hotel for 4-5 hours.

RickObie
10-08-2009, 10:53 AM
I see someone has already brought up the gaslamp, but that's your best bet with no rental car, it's a quick and inexpensive cab ride from the airport and there is plenty to see and do! Lots of bars that will show college ball and right on the water, walk to Seaport village, etc. Most bang for your buck since you have no transportation.

Mr. Plow
10-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Come over to BuckinKaedings house, we can get fucked up.

Be careful with this offer.....he's been to gay bars. He might try to PIITB.

Mr. Plow
10-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Also....I'm sure they have this cool new restaurant out there called "Applebee's." Try their chicken tenders with honey mustard.....very good.

ModSocks
10-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Also....I'm sure they have this cool new restaurant out there called "Applebee's." Try their chicken tenders with honey mustard.....very good.

Applebee's Sucks. Chillis is where it's at, man.

PunkinDrublic
10-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Interesting... my wife and I were both born and raised in San Diego, and after graduating from SDSU, Army life sent us elsewhere. AWESOME place to grow up, but I hate going back now to visit. To me, overdevelopment, overcrowding, and overpricing have ruined SD.

Only things I do miss are the ocean and authentic mexican food...

It was awesome for a kid at 19 who wanted to get the hell out of KC for a while and live in another part of the country. Year round warm weather, hot chicks, the beach you can't beat it. If it's expensive it's because it's worth it IMO.

A cool place to go for cheap beers in the gaslamp is a dive bar called the star bar. Don't know if it's still there but me and my buddies used to get pretty loaded there for pretty cheap.

Donger
10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
That's the sort of strange thing. I have this thing at 8:00- 10:00 pm. I'll probably be going out with some of the people after that, so it'll be after midnight. My flight the next day is at 6:30 AM, so I'm considering just getting a cab to the airport and sleeping the few hours there. I don't want to pay money to sleep in a hotel for 4-5 hours.

Are you being punished for something?

blaise
10-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Are you being punished for something?

I just can't bring myself to drop $90 for 5 hours sleep.

Donger
10-08-2009, 11:21 AM
I just can't bring myself to drop $90 for 5 hours sleep.

$90 for a room downtown? Yikes.

Just go hang out at the Grand Hyatt. Tell them Donger sent you.

Mr. Plow
10-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Applebee's Sucks. Chillis is where it's at, man.

Chili's?!? Yeah right....we're not in make believe land.