PDA

View Full Version : Poop OSU's Dez Bryant rule ineligible

the Talking Can
10-07-2009, 02:32 PM
http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/10/osus-dez-bryant-rule-ineligible.html

OSU's Dez Bryant rule ineligible
2:50 PM Wed, Oct 07, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Chuck Carlton/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

A stressful, roller-coaster season for Oklahoma State just took another steep drop into a tunnel.

Dez Bryant, maybe the most gifted receiver in the country, has been declared ineligible by the school. Here's the full release from the Oklahoma State:

Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible for a violation of NCAA bylaw 10.1(d).

Oklahoma State University has already begun the process of applying to the NCAA on his behalf for reinstatement.

This incident does not involve anyone associated with the OSU football or athletic department staffs, any employee of the university, alumni, donors, or any third-party affiliated with OSU.

OSU is taking this step because Bryant failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU.

The University issued the following statement from Bryant: "I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA. I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA."

OSU coach Mike Gundy said: "We are certainly disappointed, but we are moving forward as we would with any challenge during the season."

Due to the ongoing investigation of this matter, OSU has no additional comment at this time.

And here is the pertinent wording for NCAA Bylaw 10.1:

"Unethical conduct by a prospective or enrolled student-athlete or a current or former institutional staff member (e.g., coach, professor, tutor, teaching assistant, student manager, student trainer) may include, but is not limited to, the following:

(d) Knowingly furnishing the NCAA or the individual's institution false or misleading information concerning the individual's involvement in or knowledge of matters relevant to a possible violation of an NCAA regulation;"

Saulbadguy
10-07-2009, 02:33 PM
If this was OU, they would have "found" this after the season was over...what a shame.

Pablo
10-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh snap.

T. Boone Picken's U is in trouble now.

L.A. Chieffan
10-07-2009, 02:35 PM
I read that whole thing and I still don't know what he did.

CoMoChief
10-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Doesn't matter, gives him more time to prepare for next season's draft. If I was him I'd say fuck school, drop out and train my ass off.

Buehler445
10-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Maybe he'll fall and we can pick him up with one of our seconds?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
10-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Posted via Mobile DeviceCharacter issues/majority of CP.

Alton deFlat
STILLWATER, Okla. —

All-America wide receiver Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible by Oklahoma State for an improper interaction with a former NFL player.

Bryant said Wednesday in a statement released by the university that he "made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA." He also apologized to his teammates, coaches, fans and the NCAA.

A top NFL prospect, Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season while also scoring twice on punt returns. He has 17 catches for 323 yards and four touchdowns this season, but sat out Oklahoma State's last game against Grambling State.

Spicy McHaggis
If this was OU, they would have "found" this after the season was over...what a shame.

Bryant could call Bomar for some advice.

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

He's a proven liar.

Doesn't fit the profile.

L.A. Chieffan
10-07-2009, 02:39 PM
His stock will be fine.

Jerm
10-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Cowboy on 610 is saying the suspension is due to him working out with Deion Sanders and not reporting it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
10-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I would take him with a 2nd any day of the week...

Reerun_KC
10-07-2009, 02:41 PM
He's a proven liar.

Doesn't fit the profile.

:harumph:

Yes he does!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Cowboy on 610 is saying the suspension is due to him working out with Deion Sanders and not reporting it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crabtree part II

Mr. Laz
10-07-2009, 03:18 PM
So does that mean OSU has to forfeit all the games Bryant has played in this year?

sedated
10-07-2009, 03:55 PM
So does that mean OSU has to forfeit all the games Bryant has played in this year?

"vacate"

Mr. Laz
10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
"vacate"heh ... sorry

So does that mean OSU has to vacate all the games Bryant has played in this year?

TFG
10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Well, heck, put him in the same English classes with Dexter Manley...

Braincase
10-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Damn. Looks like OSU just screwed the pooch.

Buehler445
10-07-2009, 04:19 PM
He's a proven liar.

Doesn't fit the profile.

OK. Sarcasm meter is on the fritz. Fucking parts are backordered.

I don't know if this is a serious post or not, but isn't this a similar situation to Donald Washington? Got in trouble, missed playing time, loads of talent?
Posted via Mobile Device