PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Should Neil Smith be included in the CP Header?

DaFace
10-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Since Ari brought it up, I figured I'd put it to a poll. For this poll, a simple majority rules, so whatever everyone thinks will be done.

Reerun_KC
10-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Since Ari brought it up, I figured I'd put it to a poll. For this poll, a simple majority rules, so whatever everyone thinks will be done.

Actually this is Chiefsplanet.. Only a select few tell everyone how "they" would run this franchise, the rest of them are just retards for not conforming...

Ebolapox
10-07-2009, 04:35 PM
no. f*ck neil smiff.

88TG88
10-07-2009, 04:35 PM
lol no

FAX
10-07-2009, 04:36 PM
I really liked Neil Smith, but I voted scum.

Mainly because I've been voting for scum all my life.

FAX

Basileus777
10-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Fuck no. He's not a Chief.

Spott
10-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Screw Neil.

Mecca
10-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Sure why not, he'll always be remembered as a Chief he just had to go somewhere else to win something...

pr_capone
10-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Sure why not, he'll always be remembered as a Chief he just had to go somewhere else to win something...

LMFAO

Of course Mecca is the first in voicing the minority opinion.

Reerun_KC
10-07-2009, 04:43 PM

ROFL

Maybe in your fantasy land... But he is a superbowl winning donkey... He is no longer a Chief...

Mecca
10-07-2009, 04:44 PM
If you asked general football fan what team Neil Smith played for what do you think they'd say?

stevieray
10-07-2009, 04:44 PM
oh hell no.

vailpass
10-07-2009, 04:45 PM
I really liked Neil Smith, but I voted scum.

Mainly because I've been voting for scum all my life.

FAX

LMAO

teedubya
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
bronco scum posters should not be included in poll.

... and make it public, if possible.

Thanks for doing this DaFace... every time I saw him... it pisses me off

Gadzooks
10-07-2009, 05:06 PM
I've always thought of him as a Chief... A good one too.

KCChiefsMan
10-07-2009, 05:07 PM
he was a great Chief, but once ya go to the raiders or broncos than all is forgotten and you are scum

teedubya
10-07-2009, 05:08 PM
I've not seen ONE Chiefs fan... want to keep him in ROF... who is voting for him?

Rain Man
10-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Of course Neil should be included. He was a valuable, high-performing Chief for many years. The Broncos thing is unfortunate, but blame Carl for that. Carl's job was to keep our good players.

If Neil Smith is removed, I will leave Chiefsplanet and never return.*

* - For one 24 hour period

Mecca
10-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Albert Lewis finished with the Raiders and he's in the header up there too...unless that is a different 29.

Donger
10-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Of course he should be included.

teedubya
10-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Albert Lewis finished with the Raiders and he's in the header up there too...unless that is a different 29.

I view Albert Lewis as Scum, as well.

Rain Man
10-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't know if Kevin Ross is up there, but he went to the Falcons and Chargers. Trent Green ended up with the Dolphins. Tony Richardson with the Vikings and Jets. Jared Allen with the Vikings. Tony Gonzalez to the Falcons. If a player has to retire with the Chiefs to get on the ring (even a cheap electronic ring), then we're not going to have many ring of famers in the future.

Gadzooks
10-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Barry Word should be on the header too!:cuss:

Donger
10-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't know if Kevin Ross is up there, but he went to the Falcons and Chargers. Trent Green ended up with the Dolphins. Tony Richardson with the Vikings and Jets. Jared Allen with the Vikings. Tony Gonzalez to the Falcons. If a player has to retire with the Chiefs to get on the ring (even a cheap electronic ring), then we're not going to have many ring of famers in the future.

It's just Denver-envy.

teedubya
10-07-2009, 05:20 PM

IMO there is a HUGE difference in being traded to a team... or CHOOSING to go to your previous teams MOST HATED RIVAL.

Fuck Neil Smith... he CHOSE to go to Dungver. May he burn forever in the warmest part of hell.

teedubya
10-07-2009, 05:20 PM
It's just Denver-envy.

How's that Cutler jersey working out for your son?

Donger
10-07-2009, 05:21 PM
How's that Cutler jersey working out for your son?

He doesn't have one, but if he wants a jersey, I'll get him one. He's more into golf, actually.

Rain Man
10-07-2009, 05:23 PM
The fact that Neil showed up at the Hall of Fame wearing a DT jersey should salve the pain of seeing him temporarily consorting with Bronco harlots.

Bugeater
10-07-2009, 05:25 PM
This poll is full of fail, it should've been public. Fans of other teams should not have a say so in this.

Hydrae
10-07-2009, 05:34 PM
If you asked general football fan what team Neil Smith played for what do you think they'd say?

"Neil who?"

DaFace
10-07-2009, 05:46 PM
This poll is full of fail, it should've been public. Fans of other teams should not have a say so in this.

Eh, if the vote ends up being relatively close (say, within 40-60%), I'll dig in there and make sure we don't have a bunch of donko fans swaying the vote.

For what it's worth, there are currently two "yes" votes that are Bronco fans, but that's it.

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 07:18 PM
I must unload on this one:

Neil Smith can kiss my Lemony Fresh Ass.

When he joined the Donks, he told John Elway "Now I get to play for the good guys."

Screw him.

He chose to go to Denver as a FA. Made a premeditated decision to come back and try to give the Chiefs the big FU.

He helped knock us out of the playoffs an helped Denver win a ring.

Screw him.

He should be kicked out of the Chiefs ring of honor, same with Albert Lewis (going FA to the Raiders) and Jack Steadman (stuffed suit who ruined the team for 20 years). They all suck and should be banished.

Screw all of them.

Still think Neil wants to be remembered as a Chief first?
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-67615041.html

That signing bonus is loonicrous!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VjtEUheqgJI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VjtEUheqgJI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Look at this crap and then tell me you want him honored. Screw Neil Smith. I'm glad he's been a failure as a restaurant owner and an arena league owner. Go back to Denver. Get out of my sight.

Screw him.

So I guess you all know how I feel about it. Hope you'll join me.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I think he should be. He played a huge part in the resurrection of the Franchise.

Param
10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
NO! HE'S A DONKEY!!!

Deberg_1990
10-07-2009, 07:35 PM
How the hell do you hate sombody you never meet? Who ****ing cares who he played for... The man wanted to play football and get paid, Denver made it happen. It was his living and any one of you would have done the same damn thing.

This.

Why dont Chiefs fans hate on Marcus Allen then?? He basically did the same thing to the Raiders has Smith did to the Chiefs.

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 07:37 PM
How the hell do you hate sombody you never meet? Who ****ing cares who he played for... The man wanted to play football and get paid, Denver made it happen. It was his living and any one of you would have done the same damn thing.

I've met him. He's a Donkey.

I care who he played for. It's called "Being a Chiefs Fan."

Yeah, Denver illegally deferred payments to Elway to cheat the salary cap, and come up with money for Neilbonics, cheating their way to a Super Bowl.

Hey, plenty of stuff in the NFL is "all about the money." The ROH is supposed to be for the cream of the crop. Neilbo on the ring makes Buck Buchanan spin in his grave.

Screw Neil Smith.
and
Screw the Denver Broncos.

patteeu
10-07-2009, 07:37 PM
It's funny, I was just thinking the same thing 2 days ago. I voted yes, but I had to do some soul searching before I could.

Gadzooks
10-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Neil Smith played for the Chargers so he's OK.

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 07:39 PM
This.

Why dont Chiefs fans hate on Marcus Allen then?? He basically did the same thing to the Raiders has Smith did to the Chiefs.

Marcus Allen was a ying/yang trade for Albert Lewis, another traitor.

There's 29 other teams in the NFL you can play for besides our two most hated rivals. They weren't traded there, they chose to go there. Big difference.

I feel the same way about Casey Weigman. He's a Donk. Screw him.

DaFace
10-07-2009, 07:39 PM
The vote's pretty even, so maybe we can find some sort of compromise. Anybody got a really good pic of Neil and DT converging for a sack or something like that? That way, Neil would technically be in one of the pics, but wouldn't be the sole focus.

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 07:43 PM
The vote's pretty even, so maybe we can find some sort of compromise. Anybody got a really good pic of Neil and DT converging for a sack or something like that? That way, Neil would technically be in one of the pics, but wouldn't be the sole focus.

Why not use this one, you guys love Neilbo so much. This cost us a chance at a long playoff run, btw.

Did I mention Screw Neil Smith???

Deberg_1990
10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
I care who he played for. It's called "Being a Chiefs Fan."

Some of you guys take this stuff waaaay too personally. I root for the colors, not the person.

Its just a business to these guys.

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 07:46 PM
You think Packer fans are giving Brett Favre a free pass right now?
Think they root for the colors only?
Get real, dude.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2009, 07:48 PM
You think Packer fans are giving Brett Favre a free pass right now?
Think they root for the colors only?
Get real, dude.

No, i know they dont. But when Brett finally retires in 20 years, and goes back to Lambeau to get inducted into their hall, they will welcome him with open arms again.

Mecca
Yea it's being taken way to personally with some.

Under these idea's you'd basically never put another player in the ring again because rarely if ever will plays spend their entire careers with 1 team.

Do you think that GB won't honor Favre? Regardless of what he's done he's still going into their ring and HOF.

Gadzooks
Some of you guys take this stuff waaaay too personally. I root for the colors, not the person.

Seems silly to root for colors when you think about it.
It's also silly to root for the majority of the people playing NFL Football.

What have I been doing with my life...

Mecca
10-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Honestly it's one thing to hold some animosity when that player is still playing but nearly 10 years after the fact, it's time to let it go.

10-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I have no problem with him being up there. I like the idea of a shot of him and DT better though.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2009, 07:53 PM
but nearly 10 years after the fact, it's time to let it go.

This

I like the idea of a shot of him and DT better though.

and this

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 07:54 PM
No, i know they dont. But when Brett finally retires in 20 years, and goes back to Lambeau to get inducted into their hall, they will welcome him with open arms again.

OK, tell you what:

Let's boot him out of the ROH, and in 2030, if the team thinks he's deserving, we'll put him back in.

Smith left the Chiefs after the 1996 season Played until 2000. Chiefs put him in the ROH in 2006. So they waited six years after his career was over.

Think Green Bay is going to put Brett Favre in their ROH by 2016? Highly unlikely. Lots of people there only want to see him at Lambeau one more time...later this year to get some payback for Monday Night.

Tribal Warfare
10-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Neil Smith has every much right to be included just as Marcus Allen is represented

Mecca
10-07-2009, 07:56 PM
They should put Favre in their ring the year after he retires, regardless of what is going on now he resurrected their franchise.

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 07:58 PM
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
And all you Neil Smith fans should go hang out over at the Orange Mane.

They love the guy over there just as much as you do.

Begone.... all of you.... BEGONE!!!

DaFace
10-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I have no problem with him being up there. I like the idea of a shot of him and DT better though.

If I can....umm..."doctor" this pic appropriately, it might work.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2009, 08:00 PM
They should put Favre in their ring the year after he retires, regardless of what is going on now he resurrected their franchise.

Maybe Packer reserves that honor for Don Majkowski ??

Tribal Warfare
10-07-2009, 08:03 PM
They love the guy over there just as much as you do.

We love Joe Montana as much as the 49er fans so that trend isn't new.

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 08:05 PM
We love Joe Montana as much as the 49er fans so that trend isn't new.

Joe Montana didn't come here from a hated division rival.

You guys must not harbor any ill will against Denver or Oakland, huh?

They're just another bunch of guys to you?

OK, well then, let's use THIS picture of Neil on the CP.

I mean, it really doesn't matter who he played for right?

Mecca
10-07-2009, 08:06 PM
In case you don't know most of those players don't care about rivalries either, playing football is their job.

Do you think with influx of FA players really hate their rivals now?

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 08:07 PM
He was A PLAYER not A FAN it was HIS LIVING!

You begone Blowhard...

Next time we lose to the Donks (yeah, it could happen) and everybody in here is whining about it, I'm going to remind you that hey, it's just business.

Tribal Warfare
10-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Joe Montana didn't come here from a hated division rival.

You guys must not harbor any ill will against Denver or Oakland, huh?

Jesus, the guy is a player he isn't a criminal that would deserve this type of hate.
If you want to go to the rival standpoint let's go back to Marcus Allen again, same deal

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 08:17 PM
What part of getting paid dont you understand? The guy is supposed to quit football because he cant play for the Chiefs? Get real...

What part of getting paid do YOU not understand?
Denver fudged their salary cap to fit him in (cheated) by deferring payment to Elway, and Smith worked directly IN DIVISION against the Chiefs at a point in history when it mattered, and was a deciding factor in keeping your allegedly favorite team from reaching a Super Bowl. You remember the Super Bowl don't you? That's what the other 31 teams in the league are after.

Apparently it doesn't matter here, because hey, it's just business, and loyalty of fans to players and vice versa don't mean squat when it comes to getting a payday.

Like I said, we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

FAX
10-07-2009, 08:18 PM
I gotta say I'm with Mr. gblowfish on this one.

The fact is that Smith is a turncoat traitor. The worst kind of quisling, treasonous, double-crossing, duplicitous malefactor conceivable. He is goat through and through. All reference to him in the annals of Chiefs history should be scrubbed clean of his sacrilegious existence. May his memory be expunged and may he rot in giant mounds of festering goat poop forever and ever, Amen.

FAX

DaFace
10-07-2009, 08:25 PM
OK, this one's in the rotation in place of the close-up on Neil now. Hope that partially appeases the masses.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/header/neilanddt.gif

FAX
10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
What part of getting paid do YOU not understand?
Denver fudged their salary cap to fit him in (cheated) by deferring payment to Elway, and Smith worked directly IN DIVISION against the Chiefs at a point in history when it mattered, and was a deciding factor in keeping your allegedly favorite team from reaching a Super Bowl. You remember the Super Bowl don't you? That's what the other 31 teams in the league are after.

Apparently it doesn't matter here, because hey, it's just business, and loyalty of fans to players and vice versa don't mean squat when it comes to getting a payday.

Like I said, we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Yep. Well said, Mr. gblowfish.

Although it hasn't been proven, a lot of people say that horsehead was practically gifted those car dealerships upon his retirement. It doesn't test the imagination to presume that, during his career, he was promised those dealerships in lieu of direct compensation from the franchise.

The goats are proven cheaters. And repeat offenders, to boot. If the NFL had an ounce of integrity, the goats would be relocated to Guam.

FAX

morphius
10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Honestly it's one thing to hold some animosity when that player is still playing but nearly 10 years after the fact, it's time to let it go.
Fan is short for Fanatic, we are allowed to hold a grudge against anyone playing on an opposing team for as long as we choose. I mean really, if you want to be asshole technical on it, being a fan of any team that you are not playing for is pretty stupid, but here you are, here I am, and there are millions of us around the world.

MikeMaslowski
10-07-2009, 08:36 PM
In 10 years will we be having this conversation about a Jared Allen picture?

Mecca
10-07-2009, 08:38 PM

In fairness Smith was here way longer than Allen was.

DaFace
10-07-2009, 08:39 PM

Gonzo would be a much better comparison, but then he didn't go to a rival.

FAX
10-07-2009, 08:41 PM

Very different situations, Mr. MikeMaslowski. Allen will never be considered for the Ring of Fame. Plus, his career with the Chiefs was too short. Plus, that defense wasn't anything special. Plus, he didn't go to the goats. Plus, so far as I know, the Vikes didn't cheat in order to afford him.

FAX

dirk digler
10-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Why would anyone not want Neil on CP? He is a Chief HOF, still lives in town and supports the Chiefs and runs DT's foundation. I think some of you have short memories and that Carl was the one that decided to not sign Neil not the other way around.

MikeMaslowski
10-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Very different situations, Mr. MikeMaslowski. Allen will never be considered for the Ring of Fame. Plus, his career with the Chiefs was too short. Plus, that defense wasn't anything special. Plus, he didn't go to the goats. Plus, so far as I know, the Vikes didn't cheat in order to afford him.

FAX

People always have to ruin things with fax. :)

gblowfish
10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Why would anyone not want Neil on CP? He is a Chief HOF, still lives in town and supports the Chiefs and runs DT's foundation. I think some of you have short memories and that Carl was the one that decided to not sign Neil not the other way around.

I'll answer your questions one by one:

Q1: Why would anyone not want Neil on the CP?
A1: Because he helped the Donks win a Super Bowl at our expense.

Q2: He is a Chiefs HOF.
A2: Against vehement dissent. He doesn't belong there, but water under the bridge, apparently.

Q3: He lives in town.
A3: Yeah, he has lots of business interest here, and he's not doing so well.
Copeland's, fail. Brigade, fail.

Q4: He runs DT's foundation
A4: If he runs it like Copeland's or the Brigade, God Help the 3rd and Long Foundation. Carl Peterson's on the board there too, so what?
http://www.thirdandlong.org/

Q5: Some of you have short memories
A5: Quite the opposite, I remember Denver knocking us out of the playoffs and Neil Smith mugging over our downed QB Gannon very clearly. Not pretty, not pretty at all.

Q6: Carl decided not to sign Neil...
A6: Yeah, because he was coming off a crappy year, and we had no cap room. Denver cheated their cap numbers to fit him in, by deferring compensation to Elway. John Elway made it happen for Smith, so they could BEAT KC.

OK, that was ten years ago.

Are you guys gonna get all warm and fuzzy for the kicker who remains nameless and put his picture on our masthead too?

dirk digler
10-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I'll answer your questions one by one:

Q1: Why would anyone not want Neil on the CP?
A1: Because he helped the Donks win a Super Bowl at our expense.

Q2: He is a Chiefs HOF.
A2: Against vehement dissent. He doesn't belong there, but water under the bridge, apparently.

Q3: He lives in town.
A3: Yeah, he has lots of business interest here, and he's not doing so well.
Copeland's, fail. Brigade, fail.

Q4: He runs DT's foundation
A4: If he runs it like Copeland's or the Brigade, God Help the 3rd and Long Foundation. Carl Peterson's on the board there too, so what?
http://www.thirdandlong.org/

Q5: Some of you have short memories
A5: Quite the opposite, I remember Denver knocking us out of the playoffs and Neil Smith mugging over our downed QB Gannon very clearly. Not pretty, not pretty at all.

Q6: Carl decided not to sign Neil...
A6: Yeah, because he was coming off a crappy year, and we had no cap room. Denver cheated their cap numbers to fit him in, by deferring compensation to Elway. John Elway made it happen for Smith, so they could BEAT KC.

OK, that was ten years ago.

Are you guys gonna get all warm and fuzzy for the kicker who remains nameless and put his picture on our masthead too?

Damn you are still bitter aren't you? Maybe instead of being mad at Neil you should be mad at Carl and yes we had alot of cap space because he signed DT to a long-term deal after he released Neil. If Carl was half the GM that he should have been he could have fit both under the cap. If you look at the contract Neil signed he got $1-1.5 million for 1 year. Are you going to say the Chiefs couldn't afford to pay Neil that contract? I call BS.

FAX
10-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Damn you are still bitter aren't you? Maybe instead of being mad at Neil you should be mad at Carl and yes we had alot of cap space because he signed DT to a long-term deal after he released Neil. If Carl was half the GM that he should have been he could have fit both under the cap. If you look at the contract Neil signed he got $1-1.5 million for 1 year. Are you going to say the Chiefs couldn't afford to pay Neil that contract? I call BS.

This is kind of like arguing over which type of venereal disease is better. Carl swears on a stack of Bibles that he offered Saboteur Smith a 5 million dollar signing bonus, Mr. dirk digler. In turn, the Saboteur calls Carl a big, fat liar.

None of that, however, changes the fact that Smith is a walking, talking sack of putridity who signed with the goats who broke league rules to get him. He then greased up his jersey and helped them ruin our chances. In no way, shape or form should his likeness be allowed on this site or any other Chiefs-related forum. He is, in fact, the worst kind of treacherous, traitorous turd.

FAX

Rain Man
10-07-2009, 10:34 PM
OK, this one's in the rotation in place of the close-up on Neil now. Hope that partially appeases the masses.

What the - ? Is that Donnie Edwards on the left? Donnie Edwards who played for the Chargers for years? What is this, some kind of a joke? He played for a division rival!

(I'm just beating the people to the punch who have to say this if they're mad about our multiple pro bowl defensive end who gave me some great memories is in the header.)

Smith was a Chief for 9 years. Whether Carl Peterson let him walk or not, Carl Peterson didn't bring him back in when Denver offered him lowball money. If Carl says Neil is lying, and Neil says Carl is lying, I'm going to believe Neil. Neil doesn't have snakes coming out of his mouth whenever he opens it.

Rain Man
10-07-2009, 10:37 PM
That's DT dude, see the 8 on his right shoulder. Unless your were joking in that case that was pretty funny.

Rotate 2 more degrees to the left.

DumbHillbillies
10-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Rotate 2 more degrees to the left.

yeah, i know my bad already deleted the post.

DaneMcCloud
10-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Well, now I know why no one is allowed to criticize Haley & Pioli

10-07-2009, 11:03 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/header/neilanddt.gifBoth pics are fine but I would imagine this one will settle people down a little.

Rausch
10-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Yea it's being taken way to personally with some.

Under these idea's you'd basically never put another player in the ring again because rarely if ever will plays spend their entire careers with 1 team.

Do you think that GB won't honor Favre? Regardless of what he's done he's still going into their ring and HOF.

Great example.

When Favre is caught on camera in a purple uniform saying "Man, it's nice to finally play for the good guys" then you'll have a point...

DaneMcCloud
10-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Great example.

When Favre is caught on camera in a purple uniform saying "Man, it's nice to finally play for the good guys" then you'll have a point...

Let's not forget the fact that Neil Smith can barely put two words together, let alone two sentences.

Bottom Line: The Chiefs didn't match the open market value.

Why is capitalism preached in this forum exorbitantly except when it applies to football players?

teedubya
10-08-2009, 12:23 AM

That is a better one... as DT is in it... and I have less vitriol for that pic. heh

gblowfish
10-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Last thing I'll say about this:

Here's an article about how the Donkey's cheated in the late 90's by deferring payments to John Elway and Terrrell Davis, so they could free up cap room to sign players like Neil Smith. The Chiefs didn't have cap room in 1997, and had to pay DT and other players. Smith had a pretty bad year in 96, and he was the odd man out. He could have signed anywhere else but Denver or Oakland, but went to Denver specifically because John Elway wanted to gain an edge over KC, as both teams were pretty evenly matched at that time. So Denver fudged the salary cap, signed Smith, and beat KC in the playoffs en route to a Super Bowl.

Would the Chiefs have won a Super Bowl with Neil Smith? Maybe not, but Denver certainly doesn't win without cheating to get him and keep other players under the cap. Smith was part of that swindle. So that's why I'm mad.

The article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

BTW: That picture of Albert Lewis in the masthead needs to go too. He's a Raider :D

Rain Man
10-08-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't have a huge issue with Neil Smith, but I'll nod knowingly at your evidence that the Broncos cheated. If the NFL had any guts they'd forfeit them and take back those two stolen trophies. They're only letting them keep them to avoid a public scandal.

Elway was integrally involved with the whole thing, but instead of being banned for life the NFL decided to placate the Colorado market and pretend he did nothing wrong.

Steron
10-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Sure.

Demonpenz
10-08-2009, 10:12 AM

I think this is a good way to settle it, that way people don't have to see neil smith as much.

Demonpenz
10-08-2009, 10:14 AM
next

jidar
10-08-2009, 10:29 AM

You root for the colors not the person? That makes no fucking sense because it's the exact opposite of what you're saying in this thread. You are siding with the person (Smith) over the team.

For me it's like this.

I know most pro athletes don't give a shit about teams and rivalries, I also know that if I had gone through a pro athletes experiences I'd probably be the same way. I know it's a business and I know they're all just chasing paychecks... I KNOW this, I don't need any of you people to tell me like it's some kind of big epiphany.

But that's not how I choose to experience my fandom.

As a fan I like the rivalry, I engage in it, it's one of the ways I enjoy the sports I watch, and also as a fan I imagine that if I ever got a chance to be a player I wouldn't be all about the money. I imagine myself doing things like taking less cash to play for my team, and upholding traditions and rivalries. I imagine myself as a true Fans athlete and not just a businessman making money at his job.

So with that in mind I understand players leave franchises and that I can reconcile myself with, but fuck traitors who go play for their teams biggest rivals. Those guys can kiss my ass all the way from Neil Smith and right up to and including Brett Farve.

And yes it is a double standard because players who leave the Broncos and Raiders to come play for the Chiefs are cool with me, but I fully expect their former teams fanbase to dislike them and I think they deserve it.

Imon Yourside
10-08-2009, 11:59 AM
No No and NO WAY!

Frazod
10-08-2009, 12:46 PM
I don't know what's more embarrassing - the current Chiefs or the fact that 79 of you like Bronco Neil.

Perhaps you should all go to the fucking Mane.

:shake:

L.A. Chieffan
10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Neil Smith can suck my balls and ill even put an e-z-breath strip on them to make him more comfortable