PDA

View Full Version : Computers Help w/Quicken Simple Start 2009

Jack
10-08-2009, 09:18 AM
I have a consulting business that provides a modest income and looked for some free accounting software. I only provide quotes and send invoices with for work done. Further accounting issues are simply not needed

I started using Quicken's free software, Simple Start 2009. It was great, simple and easy to use. But I could not get it properly registered and some very long and disappointing sessons wth Apu and his Indian (brown) brethren was of no help.

For the balance of this year, I have to uninstall/reinstall to use the software (Apu's solution) and this is frustrating.

The issue may be with the .Net 2.0 software that I cannot get to load (it will not load due to .Net 1.1 and 3.5 being present which I cannot remove for some reason). But other searches on the 'Net allude to vague issues of allowing various ports to address a multitude of files. I have McAfee and have allowed Quicken files full access.

Maybe I ask to much for "free" stuff to work. I am not interested in Web-based accounting software.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and I will speak highly of you in my will.

Thanks

Rain Man
10-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Honestly, my advice would be to just buy Quickbooks. It's not very expensive and if your business is an ongoing concern you'll have to migrate it at some point anyway.

Stinger
10-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Honestly, my advice would be to just buy Quickbooks. It's not very expensive and if your business is an ongoing concern you'll have to migrate it at some point anyway.

This

mikeyis4dcats.
10-08-2009, 09:24 AM

+1

Jack
10-08-2009, 09:41 AM
+1

Thanks, I did this in the beginning and had a serious problem getting it to print properly on my HP printer. It also had other issues I can't recall and luckily I purchased it from Costco who promptly refunded.

Before I returned it, I made several attempts with the offshore support and got absolutely nowhere.

Am I unreasonable to ask that their "free" software just work? A great deal of Internet searching provided scores of issues that others experienced.

I am pretty adept at writing VbE, so I think I'll just look into that.

Many thanks for your help.