PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Damn Matt Cassel

Pages : [1] 2

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Props to Patrick Allen On Arrowhead pride:

Welcome to another in my series of "Damn" posts. I would, as usual, like to warn the readers that this post uses excessivley the word damn and also mentions analogies. Big, scary, relevant, analogies. Reader beware.

Star-divide

Damn Matt Cassel for risking his neck and career every Sunday to play QB

for the Kansas City Chiefs, of which, I am a fan.

Damn Matt Cassel for being classy and not publicly whining and moaning about the atrocious play of the lineman being paid millions of dollars to give him more than 1.5 seconds to throw the ball.

Damn Matt Cassel for holding on to the ball too long…which on most of his drop backs, even those in the shotgun, is 1.5 seconds.

Damn Matt Cassel for getting rid of the ball to his outlet receivers after a complete and total breakdown in protection has occurred at the offensive line the moment he has gotten the ball.

Damn Matt Cassel for not throwing down field even through most of the time his receivers are only 5 yards from the line of scrimmage when he needs to get rid of the ball.

Damn Matt Cassel for not "stepping up in the pocket enough" like he did in the Seattle game in preseason when he nearly got his leg ripped off.

Damn Matt Cassel for making a couple of mistakes in the Raiders game and then leading us on a go-ahead scoring drive late in the 4th quarter to give the team a chance to win. Damn also his pinpoint touchdown pass on that drive.

Damn Matt Cassel for not sprouting wings and learning to fly so that he can just hover above the attacking defense until his receivers are able to get open.

Damn Matt Cassel for running all those stupid pass plays in the red zone, even though he didn’t call them but it is his job to run them. Also, damn him for converting those red zone opportunities into touchdowns. Asshole.

Damn Matt Cassel for making the most of his opportunity in New England and coming to Kansas City for a lot of money. What a selfish ass. If he was playing for Brodie Croyle money he would be good.

Damn Matt Cassel for not being Brodie Croyle. Stupid Cassel and his 11 NFL wins. We Chief fans like our QB’s winless (Croyle) or woefully overrated and inaccurate (Thigpen). Further more we don’t want a QB who has proven he can win with a good team. We want one who has never won an NFL game with any team. Cause he threw a couple of TD passes in the Baltimore game.

Damn Matt Cassel for throwing 5 TD’s in 3 regular season games as a Chief! We want Croyle who has thrown 8 TD’s in the 14 games he has entered as a Chief…in 3 years. Plus Baltimore.

Damn Matt Cassel for not turning around the franchise all by himself in a matter of 3 games.

Damn Cassel for having to throw screen passes because teams know they can blitz and get right to him. Further more, damn Cassel for not running over and showing the other wide receivers how to block on a screen pass.

Damn Matt Cassel for not taking a 45 step drop when he damn well knows he needs to.

Damn Matt Cassel for not run blocking…even though he could probably do a better job of it than Mike Cox and Rudy Newswinger.

Damn Matt Cassel for making a couple of mistakes on the rare occasion he has enough time to even throw the ball more than 5 yards down field. Damn him because we know that if he completes a couple of those misplaced passes, that all of the sudden the Chiefs will be the 2007 Patriots on offense. If he just doesn’t under throw Engram, that one time, (even though it was probably only the 3rd time Engram has been open all season and that Cassel was so shocked he didn’t know what to do) all the Chiefs offensive problems would be solved. The line will suddenly know how to pass protect and run block. Teams will become terrified of Engrams blazing speed and back off on the blitz. Larry Johnson will run for 200 yards every game. It should have been Croyle throwing that ball to Engram. If it was Croyle we know damn well it wouldn’t have been under thrown. It would have been over thrown. And that’s the way we like it.

Damn Matt Cassel for using an analogy. Oh wait, that was Patrick. Stupid analogies make our heads hurt.

Damn Matt Cassel. Damn him to hell with that Todd Haley guy. We want miracles here in Kansas City and we want them now.

Blankey
10-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Wow that was annoying

Reaper16
10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Damn SAUTO for sharing the stupidest shit I've read all day.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Damn that was fucking stupid

RedThat
10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
That was cool!

Spott
10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Damn it all to hell.

Fritz88
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Billy MaYS

talastan
10-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Props to Patrick Allen On Arrowhead pride:

Damn Matt Cassel for not "stepping up in the pocket enough" like he did in the Seattle game in preseason when he nearly got his leg ripped off.

Damn Matt Cassel for not sprouting wings and learning to fly so that he can just hover above the attacking defense until his receivers are able to get open.

Damn Matt Cassel for running all those stupid pass plays in the red zone, even though he didn’t call them but it is his job to run them. Also, damn him for converting those red zone opportunities into touchdowns. Asshole.

Damn Cassel for having to throw screen passes because teams know they can blitz and get right to him. Further more, damn Cassel for not running over and showing the other wide receivers how to block on a screen pass.

Damn Matt Cassel. Damn him to hell with that Todd Haley guy. We want miracles here in Kansas City and we want them now.

These especially!! :clap:

KCChiefsMan
10-08-2009, 03:46 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7w64fbqYQY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7w64fbqYQY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Micjones
10-08-2009, 03:47 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7w64fbqYQY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7w64fbqYQY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LMAO

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Lets just keep making excuses for our 27 year old franchise QB.

chiefs1111
10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
damn that was a waste of time

okiedokieokoye
10-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Wow..I didn't think I'd see so many people get their little feelings hurt so easily. It's easy to come up with all these reasons to burn the new regime, but when it's broken down like this, you don't want to hear it. Glad this was posted.

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
SHIT fellas i only posted it for a laugh

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Lets just keep making excuses for our 27 year old franchise QB.

yeah!!! lets just keep on bashing him 3 starts into his chiefs career

RealSNR
10-08-2009, 04:18 PM
You can replace "Matt Cassel" with:

Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen
Brodie Croyle
Trent Green (circa 2001)
Todd Blackledge
Bill Kenney

And it wouldn't be any different. He's got a good attitude. WONDERFUL.

If he doesn't produce better than those guys on the above list, he can get tossed into the junk pile with them.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-08-2009, 04:22 PM
SHIT fellas i only posted it for a laugh

Well, Nobody around here feels like laughing. Especially the last three years. But you're point was made.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 04:31 PM

How is it bashing when it's the truth?

Are you implying that if the Chiefs were 3-1 with Cassel at QB, people would bash him?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-6CmCaDvkA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-6CmCaDvkA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM

of course excluding he's been in the league four years and is a "proven" product" and he's supposedly the new 63 million dollar franchise QB.

RedThat
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Well, Nobody around here feels like laughing. Especially the last three years. But you're point was made.

guy tries to spark something up and he gets a big no thank you for it?

wow!!...I can acknowledge doom and gloom, but thats way too out of hand.:shake:

LOCOChief
10-08-2009, 04:40 PM
This is the coolest thread I've ever seen on this board and I'm sure that many others feel the same but just don't want to admit it.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
This is the coolest thread I've ever seen on this board and I'm sure that many others feel the same but just don't want to admit it.

I thought it was terribly written but I enjoyed the message. There were enough people that just bashed it out of the gate that you're right. People probably won't step up and say they enjoyed it until a few others do.

Fish
10-08-2009, 04:45 PM
That article was impossible to read. The repetitiveness made me skim through the entire thing, and I'm generally way too OCD to start reading an article and not finish it completely. It was like reading a page of bullet points, except the author thought it would be witty to use a slightly naughty word instead of bullet points. Sarcasm is useful when used correctly, but that was just all fail.

Damn Jason, for posting that.

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 04:48 PM
How is it bashing when it's the truth?

Are you implying that if the Chiefs were 3-1 with Cassel at QB, people would bash him?

no i'm sure some here would.

and dane what's the truth? some here say the trade is fucked. how do we know after 3 fucking games?

Reaper16
10-08-2009, 04:49 PM

and dane what's the truth? some here say the trade is fucked. how do we know after 3 fucking games?
I think his point is that if Cassel had gotten off to a hot start in spite of the offensive line, leading the team to 3 wins, would people be wrong to praise him? After all, its just 4 games... you can't tell anything after just 4 games.

DeezNutz
10-08-2009, 04:49 PM

Deal.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 04:52 PM

Because Jason, the Chiefs should have drafted Sanchez. He's 4+ years younger and has a better pedigree.

In doing so, the Chiefs could have taken a young linebacker in the second (or offensive line help).

That way, the Chiefs would have a young QB and a young linebacker instead of a 27 years old QB and an old linebacker.

It just doesn't make much sense.

tonyetony
10-08-2009, 04:55 PM
All you need to know is if Cassel had some protection and some weapons he could win something like 11 or so games. What sucks is we didn't upgrade our protection or our skill positions so we're not going to know how good he could be until we do.

kysirsoze
10-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I think the article operated under the assumption that Cassel is being thrown u der the bus. IMO Haley has been taking the brunt of the heat. I don't think it's a new take to bash the o-line, either. Hell, whatever lingering NE magic dust left on Cassel has the announcers giving him all the credit in the world.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 04:58 PM
All you need to know is if Cassel had some protection and some weapons he could win something like 11 or so games. What sucks is we didn't upgrade our protection or our skill positions so we're not going to know how good he could be until we do.

That's just a little optimistic.

There would still be that pesky defensive problem.

And no one to run the ball effectively.

And no true receiver to stretch the field.

And on and on and on and on and on.

Just Passin' By
10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Because Jason, the Chiefs should have drafted Sanchez. He's 4+ years younger and has a better pedigree.

In doing so, the Chiefs could have taken a young linebacker in the second (or offensive line help).

That way, the Chiefs would have a young QB and a young linebacker instead of a 27 years old QB and an old linebacker.

You ignored Jackson in this equation. Whether you like the deal or not, the deal netted a 3-for-2 rather than a 2-for-2.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 05:03 PM
You ignored Jackson in this equation. Whether you like the deal or not, the deal netted a 3-for-2 rather than a 2-for-2.

I wish that Tyson Jackson had never become a part of my vocabulary

tonyetony
10-08-2009, 05:06 PM
That's just a little optimistic.

There would still be that pesky defensive problem.

And no one to run the ball effectively.

And no true receiver to stretch the field.

And on and on and on and on and on.

Hey man I think we should have been a lot more aggressive in the free agent market this past off season. I wish we would have went for quality over quantity.

I did say skill positions didn't I?

Now it's about the defense? I thought we we're talking about Cassel, I can't keep up with the moving goal posts.

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I think his point is that if Cassel had gotten off to a hot start in spite of the offensive line, leading the team to 3 wins, would people be wrong to praise him? After all, its just 4 games... you can't tell anything after just 4 games.

The difference would be that he overcame this atrocious o line, which would be a huge accomplishment and not expected.

Everyone expected the o line to struggle. Most didnt expect it to be THIS bad.
That should be part of the equation in evaluating cassel as of right now

Just Passin' By
10-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I wish that Tyson Jackson had never become a part of my vocabulary

You're welcome to your opinion, naturally. I was just pointing out the missing part of your equation. Obviously, if you don't like either Jackson or Cassel at all, you'll still prefer the 2-for-2 deal.

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 05:14 PM

Thats the problem. If we had drafted sanchez and he was struggling all you guys who wanted him would blame the line. Cassel struggles and its just that he sucks. Duplicity

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I did say skill positions didn't I?

yeah, I missed that.

My bad

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Thats the problem. If we had drafted sanchez and he was struggling all you guys who wanted him would blame the line. Cassel struggles and its just that he sucks. Duplicity

No, that's not true at all.

If Pioli had failed to adequately address the offensive line while drafting Sanchez, everyone would be upset.

But that doesn't negate the fact that Cassel is struggling and has been struggling since training camp, regardless of the offensive line.

Just Passin' By
10-08-2009, 05:17 PM
The difference would be that he overcame this atrocious o line, which would be a huge accomplishment and not expected.

Everyone expected the o line to struggle. Most didnt expect it to be THIS bad.
That should be part of the equation in evaluating cassel as of right now

But Denver really highlights the difference in what happens when a team wins. The people here were crushing the Broncos all offseason. Broncos fans wanted to run McDaniels out of town for the way he 'dared' to treat a long snapper, a malcontent receiver and a whiny drunk of a quarterback. Now, with a 4-0 record, the deodorant that is called "winning" is covering over some of that.

Unfortunately for the situation in K.C., you weren't starting with a competitive team, and people here are ignoring that as they search for outlets for their disappointment in what the Chiefs have been for years.

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 05:20 PM

If Pioli had failed to adequately address the offensive line while drafting Sanchez, everyone would be upset.

But that doesn't negate the fact that Cassel is struggling and has been struggling since training camp, regardless of the offensive line.

well we'll just have to disagree here, people would be falling over themselves to make sanchez excuses. the same that are bashing cassel IMO.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 05:24 PM
well we'll just have to disagree here, people would be falling over themselves to make sanchez excuses. the same that are bashing cassel IMO.

I'm not "bashing" Cassel. He wasn't performed well. Period. Brodie Croyle performed better in Baltimore than Cassel has performed in three outings.

He's been inconsistent, his throws have been behind receivers, he looks lost, he doesn't look down field, etc.

If this is the type of performance the Chiefs wanted from their QB, they should have just stuck with Thigpen.

At least he was mobile.

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm not "bashing" Cassel. He wasn't performed well. Period. Brodie Croyle performed better in Baltimore than Cassel has performed in three outings.

He's been inconsistent, his throws have been behind receivers, he looks lost, he doesn't look down field, etc.

If this is the type of performance the Chiefs wanted from their QB, they should have just stuck with Thigpen.

At least he was mobile.

dane,

casssel is mobile
and you are right he has been inconsistent. he was injured just at the point we installed a new offense. this is a work in progress. And baltimore didnt bring the heat that the last two weeks have. Oakland's secondary is one of the better in the league, most definitely better than baltimore's. in that game cassel threw a real nice game winner to bowe only to have the defense let us down..... again

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2009, 05:30 PM

First, most of us that wanted Sanchez were advocating sitting him the first 8 games, at least.

Second, like it or not, a rookie at any position is going to get the benefit of the doubt - a 5th year vet doesn't - and honestly shouldn't.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 05:31 PM
dane,

casssel is mobile
and you are right he has been inconsistent. he was injured just at the point we installed a new offense. this is a work in progress. And baltimore didnt bring the heat that the last two weeks have. Oakland's secondary is one of the better in the league, most definitely better than baltimore's. in that game cassel threw a real nice game winner to bowe only to have the defense let us down..... again

But Jason, Oakland is probably the worst team in the league!

And even IF the Chiefs had beaten Oakland (which they did not), that would not erase his struggles.

And while he may be "mobile" to a degree, he simply cannot make plays with his feet like Thigpen.

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 05:32 PM
But Jason, Oakland is probably the worst team in the league!

And even IF the Chiefs had beaten Oakland (which they did not), that would not erase his struggles.

And while he may be "mobile" to a degree, he simply cannot make plays with his feet like Thigpen.

and yet all we heard from some leading up to that game was how good their d was. and i disagree about the feet thing. Looking back to last year he ran the ball just as good as thigpen did.

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 05:34 PM
First, most of us that wanted Sanchez were advocating sitting him the first 8 games, at least.

Second, like it or not, a rookie at any position is going to get the benefit of the doubt - a 5th year vet doesn't - and honestly shouldn't.

so who gives a fuck that this abortion of a line couldnt block 4 five year old girls, cassel should be able to overcome that. Hey that on the list

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 05:35 PM
and yet all we heard from some leading up to that game was how good their d was. and i disagree about the feet thing. Looking back to last year he ran the ball just as good as thigpen did.

Would you put Cassel in as the Wildcat?

Who said the Raiders defense across the board was good? Some of their better players (Kirk Morrison for example) were out for the game.

But you know what? It doesn't matter. That game is in the past and Cassel has still continued to struggle.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 05:37 PM
so who gives a fuck that this abortion of a line couldnt block 4 five year old girls, cassel should be able to overcome that. Hey that on the list

When he's had time, he's mostly been ineffective.

That is telling.

SAUTO
10-08-2009, 05:38 PM

That is telling.

he needs to calm down a little IMO, he will be fine.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 05:38 PM
he needs to calm down a little IMO, he will be fine.

That's an opinion, not a fact

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2009, 05:41 PM

Funny that when people here were almost universally predicting 3500 yards and 30 TD for Cassel, there had only been one change on the line from last year.

As much as I've bashed Thigpen, at least he made something happen behind a terrible OL. Cassel's getting paid a lot of money to do more, and he's actually doing worse.

He needs to step the fuck up. Other QB's have done it, and are doing it behind bad OL's. He should be no exception.

TRR
10-08-2009, 05:43 PM

At least he was mobile.

You may be the biggest f*cking retard on the internet.

Its posts like these that make me wish I never would have found the Planet. You should just go root for the Jets...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Funny that when people here were almost universally predicting 3500 yards and 30 TD for Cassel, there had only been one change on the line from last year.

As much as I've bashed Thigpen, at least he made something happen behind a terrible OL. Cassel's getting paid a lot of money to do more, and he's actually doing worse.

He needs to step the fuck up. Other QB's have done it, and are doing it behind bad OL's. He should be no exception.

I'm not disputing what you're saying here. Cassel does need to step it up. But Thigpen was running a totally different offense designed for the personnel on the team. I think we all know the current regime has zero interest in doing that.

DrRyan
10-08-2009, 05:44 PM

Did I miss the part of training camp where the O line was good? :spock: You are going to have to explain this "regardless of the offensive line" part. I fail to see how QB play is ever regardless of the O line.

DeezNutz
10-08-2009, 05:45 PM

Its posts like these that make me wish I never would have found the Planet. You should just go root for the Jets...
Posted via Mobile Device

What was so wrong with his post?

Cassel, thus far, has been absolutely terrible. Might as well throw Thigpen to the wolves, saving a ton of money.

Yes, it's been bad enough to bring Coastal Carolina into the conversation. According to all media reports, Cassel has looked sub-par from the start of camp.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I think another thing that is important to remember is the fact that the playbook completely changed about 7 days before the start of the season. Epic fucking fail. Look at the Bucs and Bills who pulled the same shit. Any coincidence that the Bills, Bucs, and Chiefs are 3 of the worst teams in the league?

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm not disputing what you're saying here. Cassel does need to step it up. But Thigpen was running a totally different offense designed for the personnel on the team. I think we all know the current regime has zero interest in doing that.

True, and that's an issue with Haley.

However, as Dane pointed out, he hasn't looked good when he does have time. He's got happy feet, he's quick to look for the checkdown and he looks completely lost out there.

Just Passin' By
10-08-2009, 05:50 PM

That is telling.

I don't see how. Break down that offense by position 'group' and give some league rankings as objectively as you can:

Rb
OL
Te
WR

The Chiefs may not be dead last in all 4 spots, but I can't think of one where they aren't in the bottom 5 off the top of my head. It's pretty tough for the QB to lift that up or play with any effectiveness when that QB was out injured, the 'best' WR was out injured, the offensive system was scrapped during the exhibitions season, the O-line's been shuffled about and the RBs can't decide whether to just get tackled behind the line or to fumble the ball.

Cassel certainly hasn't done anything to "wow" people in a positive sense, but it's not likely that many, if any, QBs would have been able to so if they had been dropped into the Chiefs offense with all the surrounding circumstances.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 05:51 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, fuck off.

Are you going to deny that Cassel's been ineffective?

JFC.

I wish you wouldn't have found Chiefsplanet, either.

Cockbag.

Just Passin' By
10-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Funny that when people here were almost universally predicting 3500 yards and 30 TD for Cassel, there had only been one change on the line from last year....

Could you find me the thread where this 'universally' happened?

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Could you find me the thread where this 'universally' happened?

Use the search function, lazy ass. I'm posting from my phone.

Tiger's Fan
10-08-2009, 06:04 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

I made a comment in another thread that any thread Chiefs related is just absolutely unreadable. It's the same people with the same exact level of bullshit negativity in everyone of them, this one included. The trolls are less offensive. I only opened this one because I knew Jason wasn't going to shit all over everything in sight. I was right about that, but mistakenly read further, and saw what we've all learned to expect from the same old peeps. While they never get tired of repeating the same old shit, it sure gets hard to read it, over and over and over. I'm giving up on Chiefs related threads other than the initial post. It aint worth all the aggrevation of somebody telling me some shit I already fucking know x1000.

Just Passin' By
10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Use the search function, lazy ass. I'm posting from my phone.

I didn't know that you're posting from your phone, and I'm more than a little confident that no such thread exists.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I made a comment in another thread that any thread Chiefs related is just absolutely unreadable. It's the same people with the same exact level of bullshit negativity in everyone of them, this one included. The trolls are less offensive. I only opened this one because I knew Jason wasn't going to shit all over everything in sight. I was right about that, but mistakenly read further, and saw what we've all learned to expect from the same old peeps. While they never get tired of repeating the same old shit, it sure gets hard to read it, over and over and over. I'm giving up on Chiefs related threads other than the initial post. It aint worth all the aggrevation of somebody telling me some shit I already fucking know x1000.

Why don't you just go away altogether?

You're a worthless cocksucker that has absolutely NO opinion of your own.

Fuck off and good riddance.

"Buster Hymen". LMAO

What a fucking Douchetard.

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2009, 06:16 PM

I guess the usual suspects when it comes to excuse making for Cassel are exempt?

It's a discussion board.

When you have the same people making excuse after excuse for Cassel, you're going to see the same people pop in and disagree.

You seem like a decent guy, but if you want sunshine, ice cream and puppies, try WPI. They ban people that say anything remotely negative about the Chiefs.

Tiger's Fan
10-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I guess the usual suspects when it comes to excuse making for Cassel are exempt?

It's a discussion board.

When you have the same people making excuse after excuse for Cassel, you're going to see the same people pop in and disagree.

You seem like a decent guy, but if you want sunshine, ice cream and puppies, try WPI. They ban people that say anything remotely negative about the Chiefs.

Every Single Post

Thats my only problem. Absolutely no objectivity whatsoever. Ever. As you can see above your post, some people embrace the part. If I hated the team, and football as much, I would seriously not pay any attention. It's a totally joyless endeavor, and some live for that apparently. When it comes down to it, it's just a game, and I refuse to ruin my life over it. Plenty of other people here feel the same. They're just drowned out by the constant buzz of a very small minority. Do what you like, but do us all a favor and avoid the college threads. We're trying to enjoy some football there.

RedThat
10-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Why don't you just go away altogether?

You're a worthless one who sucks the penis that has absolutely NO opinion of your own.

**** off and good riddance.

"Buster Hymen". LMAO

What a ****ing Douchetard.

LMAO

WTF wrong with you? You're a real obnoxious jerkoff you know that

Do you talk like this to people in your everyday life? I ****'n hate guys like you. I wouldn't surprised if one day somebody knocked your teeth out. Heck you'd deserve it.

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I didn't know that you're posting from your phone, and I'm more than a little confident that no such thread exists.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203579&highlight=3500+cassel

Well, damn OTW58.

I was off just a shade. All but one in that thread predicted over 3000 yards, and it looks like the average was approximately 3500 yards.

Christ, there were people suggesting he'd throw for over 4000.

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
If the Chiefs would make the right fucking decision, like you know draft the right QB instead of trade for the shitty career backup then all these damn threads wouldn't be made and all of the bitching wouldn't happen.

Reaper16
10-08-2009, 06:31 PM

Well, damn OTW58.

I was off just a shade. All but one in that thread predicted over 3000 yards, and it looks like the average was approximately 3500 yards.

Shit, even Hamas predicted over 3,000 yards.

DrRyan
10-08-2009, 06:32 PM

Do you talk like this to people in your everyday life? I ****'n hate guys like you. I wouldn't surprised if one day somebody knocked your teeth out. Heck you'd deserve it.

Don't mind Dane. When he gets frustrated in a thread he starts the name calling that generally starts with douche(insert any of his favorites)...tard, knuckle, bag, nozzle, the list goes on and on.

Internet name calling, very high society. :clap:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Shit, even Hamas predicted over 3,000 yards.

Pre-Draft. I thought he might actually have an OL.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 06:36 PM

Calm down it's a message board, and not life or death. Chill, and have fun with it.

Just Passin' By
10-08-2009, 06:48 PM

Well, damn OTW58.

The O.P. talks about thinking Cassel will perform below expectations. The first poster with yardage numbers:

2,436 yards

The second poster with yardage numbers

2800 yards

Not 'universal' at all, actually, and it was only a 76 post thread. There was a lot of optimism there, though, to be sure.

trinsmash
10-08-2009, 06:53 PM
If the Chiefs would make the right ****ing decision, like you know draft the right QB instead of trade for the shitty career backup then all these damn threads wouldn't be made and all of the bitching wouldn't happen.

Let's be honest, we are all fans here. No matter if teh team is winning, losing, the team has the best defense ever, or a good offense. It makes no difference we will all find something to complain about. That is the core of being a fan

DeezNutz
10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
I suggested he'd throw for 4500 feet.

So far, prediction looking solid...

trinsmash
10-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh and I liked the post, it's true there is so much more wrong than Cassel. It is just too bad that most fans are too short sighted to see that blaming a quarterback is not the most original move.

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2009, 06:56 PM
The O.P. talks about thinking Cassel will perform below expectations. The first poster with yardage numbers:

2,436 yards

The second poster with yardage numbers

2800 yards

Not 'universal' at all, actually, and it was only a 76 post thread. There was a lot of optimism there, though, to be sure.

Read post 52 again.

"Almost universally."

Mecca
10-08-2009, 06:58 PM
I see Buster is here bitching about people again while having no real opinion of his own, good to see some things never change.

Also I love that Cassel throws for less than 200 yards in blowouts but gets to pad his TD stats with ones in garbage time.

Just wait till after the year when they point to his TD numbers.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Oh and I liked the post, it's true there is so much more wrong than Cassel. It is just too bad that most fans are too short sighted to see that blaming a quarterback is not the most original move.

Short sighted? The man was paid a 63 million dollar contract, and he's suppose to be a proven commodity yet we keep hearing from apologists that he doesn't have enough around him. With Cassel's experience in the league, he's paid to make something happen and not totally shit himself if everything isn't perfect.

Mecca
10-08-2009, 07:03 PM
When you trade for a QB instead of using your own top 5 pick on one, give him a franchise contract and he's 27 years old, guess what?

He has a standard he has to play to, like it or not. I don't get why this fan base always wants to give the guys who are suppose to be our marquee players a pass.

milkman
10-08-2009, 07:03 PM

And the people that didn't want to draft Sanchez would be falling all over themselves to blame Sanche, so it's the same deal.

Cassel has struggled, and the O-Line is, in large part, responsible for that.

However, Brodie Croyle did put up better numbers, make better decisions, and make better throws behind this same sorry ass line against Baltimore than Cassel has.

That doesn't mean that Cassel isn't better than Croyle.

It does mean, however, that he hasn't yet shown he's better than Croyle playing with the same sorry ass talent.

milkman
10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Every Single Post

Thats my only problem. Absolutely no objectivity whatsoever. Ever. As you can see above your post, some people embrace the part. If I hated the team, and football as much, I would seriously not pay any attention. It's a totally joyless endeavor, and some live for that apparently. When it comes down to it, it's just a game, and I refuse to ruin my life over it. Plenty of other people here feel the same. They're just drowned out by the constant buzz of a very small minority. Do what you like, but do us all a favor and avoid the college threads. We're trying to enjoy some football there.

As the offseason progressed, as Pioli made the moves that he made, I tried to remain positive and objective, and I'm sure that Jason will back me up on that.

I tried ot find the positives in Cassel's play and commmeted on those as I watched Ptriot replays.

Over that time, people who were opposed to drafting Sanchez continued throughout the offseason after the Cassel trade, after the draft, and well into TC, to make sarcastic, snide remarks, even though the Sancheezies really rarely ever brought him up, with the exception of of a couple of posters, one of whom I suggested he should just let it go.

As Pioli continued to make head scatching move afetr head scratching move, and the Ant Sanchez's continued to poke and prod, I. along with a few others decided we weren't going to just refrain from expressing our real feelings and frustrations.

You want to balme someone for the posts that that you are bitching about, blame the people on the other side of the Sanchez debate.

Theye were the ones, for the most part, who never let it go.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 07:39 PM

Wow, that' rich. Way to address the issue at hand, which was my opinion of Matt Cassel's play to date.

But go ahead. Attack me after I'd been attacked by TRR & Buster Hymen.

Do you know the history between me and TRR?

Do you know the history between me and Buster Hymen, who without fail, insults me any chance he gets? Whether it's me personally or my family?

You're a real fucking hero, Champ.

PS - I do find it amazing that a stuttering, drooling Mongoloid like yourself is able to use the computer. I'm sure your doctors are proud, as you most certainly give hope to Mongo's worldwide.

stevieray
10-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Short sighted? The man was paid a 63 million dollar contract, and he's suppose to be a proven commodity yet we keep hearing from apologists that he doesn't have enough around him. With Cassel's experience in the league, he's paid to make something happen and not totally shit himself if everything isn't perfect.

:spock:

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 08:06 PM
:spock:

I believe I was conveying everything correctly

stevieray
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
I believe I was conveying everything correctly

I'm sure you do.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm sure you do.

What's the problem stevie?

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 08:24 PM
What quarterback makes that happen with shit around him? Don't try to even say Green Bay or Indianapolis has the kind of shit on their OL that the Chiefs do.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray
10-08-2009, 08:25 PM
What's the problem stevie?

no problem , it's just unrealistic, IMO. They completely dropped the ball on the oline. they've set him and the team bacK another year.

We better damn well hope that their scouts and picks are spot on this next draft.

HemiEd
10-08-2009, 08:26 PM

Watching the game for the first time right now, must agree, Cassel sucks. Put Brodie in, he has more talent.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 08:28 PM
What quarterback makes that happen with shit around him?

Carson Palmer made it happen during the shit years of the Bengals for one

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
When you trade for a QB instead of using your own top 5 pick on one, give him a franchise contract and he's 27 years old, guess what?

He has a standard he has to play to, like it or not. I don't get why this fan base always wants to give the guys who are suppose to be our marquee players a pass.

What was the alternative? The "franchise qb" the Jets got who with a much better supporting cast can't throw for 250 yards and shows no ability to pass a team from behind or even carry a team for any stretch of time? If Sanchez was the QB in KC this year you actually think he'd be accomplishing anything?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Carson Palmer made it happen during the shit years of the Bengals for one
Well you are a moron if you think Palmers supporting cast was as bad as this?
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Well you are a moron if you think Palmers supporting cast was as bad as this?
Posted via Mobile Device

Aawe, sweet name calling how original!

Let's see ya he started out at the very same type of position a team in transition a top 3 pick, but he was number one overall. OOh, but Cassel is a 27 year old hired gun who is suppose to hit the ground running though which was the arguement during draft time .

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Watching the game for the first time right now, must agree, Cassel sucks. Put Brodie in, he has more talent.

Cassel doesn't look to be 100% healthy and it's definitely affecting his play.

Brodie has all the talent in the world but as you know, his issue has been staying healthy.

Although it's been proven time after time after time after time, it's nearly impossible to stay healthy behind a Chiefs offensive line going on 4 seasons now.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 08:40 PM
What was the alternative? The "franchise qb" the Jets got who with a much better supporting cast can't throw for 250 yards and shows no ability to pass a team from behind or even carry a team for any stretch of time? If Sanchez was the QB in KC this year you actually think he'd be accomplishing anything?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's not about "this year".

It's about the future.

HemiEd
10-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Cassel doesn't look to be 100% healthy and it's definitely affecting his play.

Brodie has all the talent in the world but as you know, his issue has been staying healthy.

Although it's been proven time after time after time after time, it's nearly impossible to stay healthy behind a Chiefs offensive line going on 4 seasons now.

Just maybe, Brodie's bad luck is over. Give him a chance, Cassel looks scared, hurries when he has time, just doesn't look confident.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 08:45 PM

He needs to step the **** up. Other QB's have done it, and are doing it behind bad OL's. He should be no exception.

Your asking alot for a 7th round QB... its not like Castle is anything special or drafted as such...

Pioli Zombie
Aawe, sweet name calling how original!

Let's see ya he started out at the very same type of position a team in transition a top 3 pick, but he was number one overall. OOh, but Cassel is a 27 year old hired gun who is suppose to hit the ground running though which was the arguement during draft time .
Of course you didn't answer the question. I remember the Bengals offense of 2004 and 2005. You are a moron if you think Palmers supporting cast was even close to being like the Chiefs inept group. Name me an OL and receivers this bad and the quarterback that succeeded with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
Also Cassel doesn't have 11 wins he only has 10. Brady started that game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Matt Cassel is the same age as Roethlisberger he's suppose to be entering his prime not being treated with rookie gloves.

Also the Bengals offensive line isn't exactly good, I'd be stunned if anyone here can name 2 guys on it.

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Just maybe, Brodie's bad luck is over. Give him a chance, Cassel looks scared, hurries when he has time, just doesn't look confident.

Bottom line is they need to stick with Cassel because this is about the future and he isn't going to improve standing on the sideline. They need to see what he is made of, sink or swim.

Brodie won't get another shot unless Cassel gets hurt and really he shouldn't. At least not until Cassel has shown he isn't going to improve.

He played his worst game so far and needs to rebound this week.

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Also the Bengals offensive line isn't exactly good, I'd be stunned if anyone here can name 2 guys on it.

Andre Smith, Kyle Cook, Anthony Collins, Jonathan Lugis off the top of my head. But I had them in our mock.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Of course you didn't answer the question. I remember the Bengals offense of 2004 and 2005. You are a moron if you think Palmers supporting cast was even close to being like the Chiefs inept group. Name me an OL and receivers this bad and the quarterback that succeeded with it.

Yeah, he did there was a reason they picked number one overall.

Mecca
10-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Andre Smith, Kyle Cook, Anthony Collins, Jonathan Lugis off the top of my head. But I had them in our mock.
Posted via Mobile Device

And Smith hasn't even played yet...

I know Collins plays, and Andrew Whitworth is another guy on there but their line isn't exactly awesome.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 08:53 PM
He played his worst game so far and needs to rebound this week.

Thus will determine if he will have any confidence if he has a poor game after this, because his body language on the field shows that he has very little.

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Matt Cassel is the same age as Roethlisberger he's suppose to be entering his prime not being treated with rookie gloves.

Fucking ridiculous even for you Mecca. Ben has been starting since his rookie season on a very talented team. He has also had his share of clunkers.

That's apples and bananas. He needs to get better, nobody is doubting that but comparing him to Roethlisberger is retardo.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM

time to prove he is worth the contract and draft pick...

Step up and bring the players around you up to your "proven true fan" level...

WTF? he is supposed to be the savior and franchise QB, he is being paid as such...

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 08:55 PM
****ing ridiculous even for you Mecca. Ben has been starting since his rookie season on a very talented team. He has also had his share of clunkers.

That's apples and bananas. He needs to get better, nobody is doubting that but comparing him to Roethlisberger is retardo.

Reason why guys like Ben R are drafted in round 1 and guys like Mark Castle are drafted in round 7....

Castle isnt a franchise QB, nor is he worth 60+ million... Its pretty simple...

Pioli Zombie
Yeah, he did there was a reason they picked number one overall.

That's just laziness to just assume because a team drafted #1 they had one of the worst OLs in NFL history. give me a little more of your memory of that Bengal team why don't you.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
comparing him to Roethlisberger is retardo.

Absolutely agree.

Comparing Cassel to a legit franchise QB is a huge error. Lucky us.

stevieray
10-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Thus will determine if he will have any confidence if he has a poor game after this, because his body language on the field shows that he has very little.

Disagree. He isn't afraid to block or run with the ball...He prolly lacks confidence in the protection....his knee is still gimpy..he was trying to hide the limp last week.

Mecca
10-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I remember when everyone said "oh he's better than a rookie he'll hit the ground running" now it's "he needs time he hasn't played how dare you judge him with guys his age"

Cool double standard.

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 08:57 PM
time to prove he is worth the contract and draft pick...

Step up and bring the players around you up to your "proven true fan" level...

WTF? he is supposed to be the savior and franchise QB, he is being paid as such...

You think he was expected to carry this team this year? Seriously?

Reerun_KC
I remember when everyone said "oh he's better than a rookie he'll hit the ground running" now it's "he needs time he hasn't played how dare you judge him with guys his age"

Cool double standard.

typical of a fanbase scared to win and build a winner...

DaneMcCloud
but comparing him to Roethlisberger is retardo.

Except for salary, right?

He's a top earning QB and should perform as such, even if the talent level around him isn't even close to average.

Did you ever see John Elway in 1983? 1984? 1985? Brett Favre on a bad team?

Franchise QB's are supposed to put the team on their shoulders and make something happen.

So far, Cassel's been incapable of doing that.

Mecca
Absolutely agree.

Comparing Cassel to a legit franchise QB is a huge error. Lucky us.

Yea we got...Jake Plummer.

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Fucking ridiculous even for you Mecca. Ben has been starting since his rookie season on a very talented team. He has also had his share of clunkers.

Well after sunday they don't talk about Sanchez as much. Last night they trotted out Aaron Rodgers. Tonight its Roethlisburger. By the weekend it will be Manning and Brady.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 08:58 PM
You think he was expected to carry this team this year? Seriously?

Fuck yeah I am! The SOB is getting paid to carry this fucking team... He is supposed to be the franchise QB... Yes the fucker better start carrying this team.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 08:59 PM
....his knee is still gimpy..he was trying to hide the limp last week.

It's been this way since his return.

Honestly, I think the Chiefs are better off letting him heal than forcing him to play through what appears to be a painful injury.

It has not helped him or the team to this point.

Marcellus

Cool double standard.

Saying its not fair to compare him to Big Ben is not a double standard and if you don't understand that you are dumber than I thought.

DaneMcCloud
Fuck yeah I am! The SOB is getting paid to carry this fucking team... He is supposed to be the franchise QB... Yes the fucker better start carrying this team.

Whoa, Reerun!

Pioli Zombie
Except for salary, right?

He's a top earning QB and should perform as such, even if the talent level around him isn't even close to average.

Did you ever see John Elway in 1983? 1984? 1985? Brett Favre on a bad team?

Franchise QB's are supposed to put the team on their shoulders and make something happen.

So far, Cassel's been incapable of doing that.
When did Elway or Favre play on a team this bad?
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
It's been this way since his return.

Honestly, I think the Chiefs are better off letting him heal than forcing him to play through what appears to be a painful injury.

It has not helped him or the team to this point.

....agreed.

DeezNutz
10-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Well after sunday they don't talk about Sanchez as much. Last night they trotted out Aaron Rodgers. Tonight its Roethlisburger. By the weekend it will be Manning and Brady.
Posted via Mobile Device

lol.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

stevieray
**** yeah I am! The SOB is getting paid to carry this ****ing team... He is supposed to be the franchise QB... Yes the ****er better start carrying this team.

:rolleyes:

Mecca
Saying its not fair to compare him to Big Ben is not a double standard and if you don't understand that you are dumber than I thought.

They're the same age right?

We can't compare him to rookies because by his supporters own admissions he should be better than a rookie he's 5 years older than. Compare him to the QB's in his age range 25-29.

Tribal Warfare
Disagree. He isn't afraid to block or run with the ball...He prolly lacks confidence in the protection....his knee is still gimpy..he was trying to hide the limp last week.

Then how would you explain his poor decision making from the Raider game to now? The guy doesn't have confidence passing the ball beyond 10 yards. It's not an arm strength issue it's a mental thing with him.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 09:02 PM

Um, yes it IS a double standard.

Do you compare Peyton Manning to Tom Brady to Big Ben to Eli? Then you have to compare Cassel, Hasselbeck, Ryan, Flacco, Rodgers, Cutler, Romo, Sanchez, Brees and even JaMarcuss Russell to that group because they are ALL considered to be Franchise Quarterbacks.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 09:04 PM
yeah roll the eyes...

Decisions like this are why franchises fail... Pinning all your hopes and future on a 7th round QB, because the franchise and half the fanbase is fucking scared to build a winner or draft a franchise QB...

Pioli better hope to God this fucking works...

so take your :rolleyes: and STFU.

Pioli Zombie
Sanchez just threw another interception.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray
Then how would you explain his poor decision making from the Raider game to now? The guy doesn't have confidence passing the ball beyond 10 yards. It's not an arm strength issue it's a mental thing with him.

:doh!:

Marcellus

Well you have a problem differentiating why they brought him here and paid him to be the guy moving forward and what your expectations for him are personally.

I don't doubt they expected better play from him so far but I also don't doubt they weren't expecting him to carry the team.

stevieray
10-08-2009, 09:05 PM
yeah roll the eyes...

Decisions like this are why franchises fail... Pinning all your hopes and future on a 7th round QB, because the franchise and half the fanbase is ****ing scared to build a winner or draft a franchise QB...

Pioli better hope to God this ****ing works...

so take your :rolleyes: and STFU.

have another drink, amelia....

DaneMcCloud
When did Elway or Favre play on a team this bad?
Posted via Mobile Device

Favre QB'd a 4-12 team and Elway on a 5-11 team. Regardless, Elway WAS the team. He generally had a terrible supporting cast, which is why he got punked in his first three Super Bowl appearances.

He couldn't win it on his own.

Pioli Zombie

Do you compare Peyton Manning to Tom Brady to Big Ben to Eli? Then you have to compare Cassel, Hasselbeck, Ryan, Flacco, Rodgers, Cutler, Romo, Sanchez, Brees and even JaMarcuss Russell to that group because they are ALL considered to be Franchise Quarterbacks.
Other than Russell which of those QBs plays on a team that is total shit?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
Whoa, Reerun!

Sorry, went all Dane on someone...

Lots of bourbon and coke will allow you to speak your mind freely...

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 09:06 PM
have another drink, amelia....

ROFL

Okay... sounds like a good idea...

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Sorry, went all Dane on someone...

Lots of bourbon and coke will allow you to speak your mind freely...

Yeah, I pretty much speak my mind freely in here on nothing more than ice water.

:D

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Matt Ryan was drafted to a Falcons team that was considered total shit.

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Favre QB'd a 4-12 team and Elway on a 5-11 team. Regardless, Elway WAS the team. He generally had a terrible supporting cast, which is why he got punked in his first three Super Bowl appearances.

He couldn't win it on his own.
That is the biggest bunch of crap that Elways teams were that bad. His line was just fine and he had some very good receivers. They weren't the 49ers but this myth that somehow he took the 2009 Chiefs to 3 Super Bowls is a pile of shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 09:10 PM

Sure. Just like the 2009 Chiefs they were.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 09:11 PM

You guys have the most twisted perspective I have ever seen. The guy has started what 18 games now? But hey lets compare him to guys that have started for 4 years or are playing on much more talented teams.

If the guy sucks it is going to show in the long run, but throwing him under the bus after 3 starts with this team is ridiculous.

Did he play poorly last week, yea, and every guy on your "list" has had a bad game or even a streak of them playing on better teams.

HE HAS HAD 3 FUCKING STARTS. WIPE THE SAND OUT OF YOUR VAGINAS.

Reaper16
10-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Here's the facts of the matter:

It would be nice if we could evaluate Cassel with an average O-line, sure. We can't know for sure how much better he'd be with a much better line in front of him.

At the same time, there have been plays where he's gotten enough time to do something. And on the majority of those plays Matt has been pretty bad. Many of the people that hated the trade, and who knew the O-line would be terrible, didn't expect Matt to be this bad.

I'm not giving up on the guy by any means, but I don't like the feeling that I was right about him all along.

DeezNutz
10-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Matt Cassel is a HOF QB who is merely a victim of circumstances.

His accuracy and poise have been unmatched in Chiefs history, and it if it weren't for everyone else, he would be competing at an All-Pro level.

Marcellus

LMAO. Micheal Turner leading the league in rushing didn't help him one bit did it?

milkman

Yeah, but they really weren't total shit.

They had put together a solid core group of players, and added a couple of players in free agency and the draft at the same time.

That was a team poised on the brink of stepping up.

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I didn't expect him to be this bad....

You know what the difference in the 2008 Falcons and the 2009 Chiefs is?

All of their offseason moves were based around allowing that QB to succeed, signing a RB, using high picks on a lineman and a WR.

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Matt Cassel is a HOF QB who is merely a victim of circumstances.

His accuracy and poise have been unmatched in Chiefs history, and it if it weren't for everyone else, he would be competing at an All-Pro level.

And THIS is where the issue is. Damn your a jaded SOB.

Nobody is saying that shit, you cant even say give the guy a decent chance without it turning into this bullshit.

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:14 PM
LMAO. Micheal Turner leading the league in rushing didn't help him one bit did it?

They signed Turner that same year, so blame Pioli for not making any moves.

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I didn't expect him to be this bad....

You know what the difference in the 2008 Falcons and the 2009 Chiefs is?

All of their offseason moves were based around allowing that QB to succeed, signing a RB, using high picks on a lineman and a WR.

So which is it now Mecca, Cassel or the surrounding cast? Your argue both sides all the time.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
That is the biggest bunch of crap that Elways teams were that bad.

Yes they were that bad, the shots that guy took because he was the running game adds to his legend. That's the reason if someone wants to claim he's the greatest ever I wouldn't argue.

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
They signed Turner that same year, so blame Pioli for not making any moves.

I thought the argument was about Cassel's ability. Now your changing the point. AGAIN.

And you call me predictable.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 09:17 PM
You guys have the most twisted perspective I have ever seen. The guy has started what 18 games now? But hey lets compare him to guys that have started for 4 years or are playing on much more talented teams.

If he had been traded for a 5th round choice and had not received $63 million dollars, I'd tend to agree.

But he was traded for #34 overall and DID receive a $63 million dollar contract with $28 million guaranteed.

Like it or not, he's considered a Franchise Quarterback and with that moniker, there are definite expectations.

To date, he has not lived up to them.

If the guy sucks it is going to show in the long run, but throwing him under the bus after 3 starts with this team is ridiculous.

Who's throwing him under a bus? Are you telling us that he hasn't had happy feet, that he hasn't been throwing behind his receivers, that he didn't throw two interceptions against the Raiders, that he didn't have a pathetic outing against the Eagles and that he didn't have garbage time TD's against the Giants?

Please, by all means, dispute these claims.

HE HAS HAD 3 FUCKING STARTS. WIPE THE SAND OUT OF YOUR VAGINAS.

He has had 13 starts, including last year. Haley and Pioli said that they'd take an "experienced" QB like Cassel over a rookie any day of the week. Forum Members have been proclaiming since the trade that his experience will make a difference and is much more desirable than a rookie like Stafford or Sanchez would have been.

I think it's YOU that had the issues with their labia.

Maybe look into labia reduction?

:shrug:

Pioli Zombie
Here's the facts of the matter:

It would be nice if we could evaluate Cassel with an average O-line, sure. We can't know for sure how much better he'd be with a much better line in front of him.

At the same time, there have been plays where he's gotten enough time to do something. And on the majority of those plays Matt has been pretty bad. Many of the people that hated the trade, and who knew the O-line would be terrible, didn't expect Matt to be this bad.

I'm not giving up on the guy by any means, but I don't like the feeling that I was right about him all along.
We HAVE seen Cassel with a good offensive line. Last year. By the end of the season he was playing so well he had won over Boston sports fans who been watching Tom Brady for 7 years. That's not an easy thing to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
It's a combination of both, I said right after the draft that the Chiefs set Cassel up to fail. Whether I personally liked that move or not the Chiefs absolutely set him up to fail.

And now the Pioli smokers will show up to defend him. So which is it, either Cassel completely sucks or Pioli is a dipshit.

DeezNutz
And THIS is where the issue is. Damn your a jaded SOB.

Nobody is saying that shit, you cant even say give the guy a decent chance without it turning into this bullshit.

I'm continuing to mock the overreactions to Sanchez and the desperate hopes that he will suck.

But, by all means, carry on.

No one in this thread has made implicit comparisons to HOF players? Really?

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm continuing to mock the overreactions to Sanchez and the desperate hopes that he will suck.

But, by all means, carry on.

No one in this thread has made implicit comparisons to HOF players? Really?

That's what it's come to from anyone who was a hardcore Cassel backer, it's come to praying that Sanchez sucks.

That is not a good sign for Cassel.

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes they were that bad, the shots that guy took because he was the running game adds to his legend. That's the reason if someone wants to claim he's the greatest ever I wouldn't argue.

Total shit. Comparing the 80's Broncos team, minus the QB, to this Chiefs team.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2009, 09:20 PM
We HAVE seen Cassel with a good offensive line. Last year. By the end of the season he was playing so well he had won over Boston sports fans who been watching Tom Brady for 7 years. That's not an easy thing to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Considering he didn't even take a very talented Pats to the playoffs that should say something.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Considering he didn't even take a very talented Pats today that should say something.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wasn't this the argument made before we even traded for him? Then it was quickly glossed over afterwards "oh no don't look at that".

Reaper16
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
My pre-trade & post-trade opinion of Cassel was based on watching him last season. I thought he was pretty mediocre for the first half then rounded out to be a completely average starting QB. I never saw the "playing so well" aspect that you refer to.

And, FWIW, that Pats O-line wasn't "good." last year.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Huh?

All I've read on Chiefsplanet for the past 9 months is that Cassel didn't hold onto the ball for too long and that it was his offensive line's fault that he was sacked 47 times or whatever it was.

Now that's not true?

Again, Huh?

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:23 PM
My pre-trade & post-trade opinion of Cassel was based on watching him last season. I thought he was pretty mediocre for the first half then rounded out to be a completely average starting QB. I never saw the "playing so well" aspect that you refer to.

And, FWIW, that Pats O-line wasn't "good." last year.

They've never been a great unit, Cassel elevated their sack numbers because he holds the ball a lot longer than Brady does.

Matt Cassel went from bum starter on a good team to average starter on a good team over the course of the year.

Tribal Warfare
Total shit. Comparing the 80's Broncos team, minus the QB, to this Chiefs team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why's that, because it's the truth. The man overcame his supporting cast including his inept coaching staff and still succeeded. He finally won a SB because he had the luxury of having a running game.

milkman
Posted via Mobile Device

What we haven't yet seen from cassel, either here or in New England, is the ability to perform at a high level from a pro set.

This O-Line isn't helping any, but he still is indecisive and playing timid when lined up under center, a problem that plagued him last year.

It wasn't until BB decided to run about 65% out of a shotgun or a spread that Cassel stepped up and really performed.

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
It's a combination of both, I said right after the draft that the Chiefs set Cassel up to fail. Whether I personally liked that move or not the Chiefs absolutely set him up to fail.

And now the Pioli smokers will show up to defend him. So which is it, either Cassel completely sucks or Pioli is a dipshit.
I will say it right here. While I like what Pioli is doing with the defense he dropped the ball when it came to the offense and that disappointed me. Maybe he is concentrating on that in 2010 but why get Cassel killed now? I put this all so far on Pioli and Haley, not Cassel. Cassel proved himself to me last year. He does not have a chance with the shit Pioli has left him with.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
It wasn't until BB decided to run about 65% out of a shotgun or a spread that Cassel stepped up and really performed.

Which is exactly what should be happening in Kansas City, especially with this offensive line.

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:25 PM
What we haven't yet seen from cassel, either here or in New England, is the ability to perform at a high level from a pro set.

This O-Line isn't helping any, but he still is indecisive and playing timid when lined up under center, a problem that plagued him last year.

And this point was brought up numerous times months ago.

milkman
10-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Which is exactly what should be happening in Kansas City, especially with this offensive line.

You'll get no argument from me.

Pioli Zombie

So? do the same now. I mean, when you get an offensive line. And receivers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
I'm a Chiefs fan, ok? It really sucks to see every single complaint I had about the Cassel acquisition come to fruition as the weeks go on. It sucks.

ChiefsCountry
Cassel seems to be Mike Livingston Part 2.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Face mask.

Mecca
I'm a Chiefs fan, ok? It really sucks to see every single complaint I had about the Cassel acquisition come to fruition as the weeks go on. It sucks.

No kidding.

It does make me laugh to see people people accuse anyone who talks about Cassel's flaws or not being a fan or hating the team or any of that.

No one really wants the team to suck and it's even worse when you saw it coming ahead of time.

OnTheWarpath15
Face mask.

Shit, wrong thread.

LMAO

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Why's that, because it's the truth. The man overcame his supporting cast including his inept coaching staff and still succeeded. He finally won a SB because he had the luxury of having a running game.

Ok so you are saying the 1986 Broncos equal the 2009 Chiefs, except for the quarterbacks. That's one of the most assinine things I've ever heard or read from anybody anywhere. Congratulations.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm going to say for a new regime trying to build a foundation this first year has been one giant whiff.

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 09:31 PM
No kidding.

It does make me laugh to see people people accuse anyone who talks about Cassel's flaws or not being a fan or hating the team or any of that.

No one really wants the team to suck and it's even worse when you saw it coming ahead of time.
Who says anybody who criticizes Cassel isn't a fan or hates the team? that sure hasn't come from me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Ok so you are saying the 1986 Broncos equal the 2009 Chiefs, except for the quarterbacks. That's one of the most assinine things I've ever heard or read from anybody anywhere. Congratulations.
Posted via Mobile Device

:rockon:

pure awesomeness

Mecca
It get's thrown out alot that if you dare talk about Cassel or Pioli you're just being an asshole you hate the team etc etc.

Marcellus
Who's throwing him under a bus? Are you telling us that he hasn't had happy feet, that he hasn't been throwing behind his receivers, that he didn't throw two interceptions against the Raiders, that he didn't have a pathetic outing against the Eagles and that he didn't have garbage time TD's against the Giants?

Please, by all means, dispute these claims.

He has had 13 starts, including last year. Haley and Pioli said that they'd take an "experienced" QB like Cassel over a rookie any day of the week. Forum Members have been proclaiming since the trade that his experience will make a difference and is much more desirable than a rookie like Stafford or Sanchez would have been.

I think it's YOU that had the issues with their labia.

Maybe look into labia reduction?

:shrug:

First off he had 15 starts last year and 3 this year, that's 18.

Secondly he is being thrown under the bus after 3 starts. Yea he threw 2 picks against the Raiders but he also threw the go ahead TD with what 2 minutes left? Your lover Elway got a lot of comeback wins by making mistakes early in the game so don't throw that BS out there that he didn't put us in a position to win.

I am not happy with his play last week and I thought he would look better so far this year. As you know this team looks worse than expected on most fronts. They and he have to improve as does Haley. I don't think anybody is saying that's not the case.

To compare him to Breese, Ben etc...is fucking ridiculous at this point.

Yea we paid a 2nd for him and gave him a bunch of money so he should pull out the cape immediately and turn into Elway for you. It's that simple.

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:34 PM
If you ever once in any post said that you'd rather have Cassel than a rookie and pointed to experience, age, hitting the ground running etc etc.

You can never ever argue that he has a lack of experience or starts, you don't get to double talk you're argument.

Pioli Zombie
They've never been a great unit, Cassel elevated their sack numbers because he holds the ball a lot longer than Brady does.

Matt Cassel went from bum starter on a good team to average starter on a good team over the course of the year.

Well that wasn't the dominant opinion of the fans and the folks covering the Patriots all year last year maybe you didn't see all 16 games.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
It get's thrown out alot that if you dare talk about Cassel or Pioli you're just being an asshole you hate the team etc etc.

I'll admit, I'm giving Pioli the 3 year buffer for results then state my opinion to fully see his vision of the team.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 09:35 PM

Secondly he is being thrown under the bus after 3 starts. Yea he threw 2 picks against the Raiders but he also threw the go ahead TD with what 2 minutes left? Your lover Elway got a lot of comeback wins by making mistakes early in the game so don't throw that BS out there that he didn't put us in a position to win.

I am not happy with his play last week and I thought he would look better so far this year. As you know this team looks worse than expected on most fronts. They and he have to improve as does Haley. I don't think anybody is saying that's not the case.

Yea we paid a 2nd for him and gave him a bunch of money so he should pull out the cape immediately and turn into Elway for you. It's that simple.

Well, apparently your standards are much lower than mine.

If I just gave someone $63 million dollars, I'd expect results immediately.

Not wins, especially with this team. But quantifiable results.

And most certainly, I'd want to see that my investment was justified.

To date, it has not been justified.

Reaper16
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM

Question:

Philosophically speaking, why would you trade for a 27 year old QB instead of drafting a young one if the 27 year old wasn't going to immediately come in and play at a very high level?

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM

Well that's wrong and people shouldn't be saying that.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Question:

Philosophically speaking, why would you trade for a 27 year old QB instead of drafting a young one if the 27 year old wasn't going to immediately come in and play at a very high level?

Oh, snap.

DaneMcCloud
Well that's wrong and people shouldn't be saying that.
Posted via Mobile Device

If that's the case, a lot of people have an enormous amount of apologizing to do.

That's not gonna happen.

Marcellus

Do you have that line permanently in your paste option? You repeat that like its a religious mantra. Where does THAT get thrown around a lot?

What people are saying is they get tired of hearing you guys repeat the same over the fucking top ridiculously constant negative BS.

You don't "criticize" you fucking ass rape every single thing that goes on with this team and every persons opinion who dares not agree with your negative BS.

You guys get off on stirring the shit and keeping the negative freight train on track and rolling.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Question:

Because he was proven and wasnt a high risk draft pick.... That fucking work "proven" has been used here more than a tampon despenser...

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Oh, snap.

:eek:

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Because he was proven and wasnt a high risk draft pick.... That fucking word "proven" has been used here more than a tampon despenser...

FYP

chiefzilla1501
10-08-2009, 09:39 PM

That's a ridiculously high standard.

Brady and Brees get the ball out quicker than every QB in the NFL, and by a mile. Even Peyton is a QB that tends to go through his progressions before getting rid of the ball.

Nobody expects Cassel to be Brady. Nobody should expect Stafford or Sanchez to be either.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
What people are saying is they get tired of hearing you guys repeat the same over the fucking top ridiculously constant negative BS.

First off, how can it be "B.S." if it's true? And how can it be a negative if it's true?

Please explain.

You don't "criticize" you fucking ass rape every single thing that goes on with this team and every persons opinion who dares not agree with your negative BS.

You guys get off on stirring the shit and keeping the negative freight train on track and rolling.

Well, it's easy to "ass-rape" someone who defends a team that's lost 30 of its last 36 games.

milkman

To compare him to Breese, Ben etc...is ****ing ridiculous at this point.

Actually, I don't think this team does look worse on most fronts than expected.

Many of us bitched that this O-line was going to suck every bit as much as last year.

We bitched about the transition to the 34 with guys like Dorsey, Hali, Tank, etc. who didn't fit or who weren't suited for the role they would be playing.

Many of us bitched that LJ wasn't a good RB anymore, and hasn't been for three years now.

Many bitched about the safeties.

This team is exacty what many of us expected, actually.

Tribal Warfare
Nobody expects Cassel to be Brady. Nobody should expect Stafford or Sanchez to be either.

That's the nature of the beast with his contract, and it's justified too.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
FYP

Thanks!

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 09:42 PM
If you ever once in any post said that you'd rather have Cassel than a rookie and pointed to experience, age, hitting the ground running etc etc.

You can never ever argue that he has a lack of experience or starts, you don't get to double talk you're argument.

I don't ever use the excuse that he isn't experienced enough. The whole problem is his team sucks. And he can't get into any kind of groove when he's expecting to get creamed after 1.5 seconds. This would be true if it was Manning, Brady, or Brees back there. Pioli didn't give him any tools to work with.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
10-08-2009, 09:43 PM

What?

Nobody expects Sanchez or Stafford to be Brady either. And they have the same contract as Cassel. I don't understand the point.

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 09:43 PM

Especially when his supporting cast is as good as the '86 Broncos.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Question:

Because we needed more than a QB? They saw him play well on a team with some talent around him.

Mecca
I want to see Reapers question get answered, I've asked the same thing in the past, it never gets responded to.

Reerun_KC
Posted via Mobile Device

I had a friend in HS that has an 86 bronco....

it was alot of fun....

So why you keep talking about vehicles?

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Live with it it's professional football which dictates results like any other business.

milkman

No, that isn't the nature of the beast.

I highly doubt anyone here, except you, expect Cassel to be Brady or Manning.

We do expect him to be somthing other than Thigpen, though.

Marcellus
Actually, I don't think this team does look worse on most fronts than expected.

Many of us bitched that this O-line was going to suck every bit as much as last year.

We bitched about the transition to the 34 with guys like Dorsey, Hali, Tank, etc. who didn't fit or who weren't suited for the role they would be playing.

Many of us bitched that LJ wasn't a good RB anymore, and hasn't been for three years now.

Many bitched about the safeties.

So its all Cassel's fault he isn't living up to the contract hype?

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 09:47 PM
No, that isn't the nature of the beast.

I highly doubt anyone here, except you, expect Cassel to be Brady or Manning.

We do expect him to be somthing other than Thigpen, though.

I'm not necessarily comparing him to a HOFer, but the concept is a very sound one concerning franchise QBs

Pioli Zombie
I want to see Reapers question get answered, I've asked the same thing in the past, it never gets responded to.
Because the young one isn't that good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus

Why not? You do it all the time.

And for the record you wont find a post by me saying Cassel is just going to hit the ground running.

DaneMcCloud

I've been saying two wins this year with a possibility of 0-16 since the day after the draft.

Some people just don't understand what's happened to this franchise over the past decade.

It's essentially been gutted.

We're an expansion team.

And expansion teams suck.

Reaper16
10-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Because we needed more than a QB? They saw him play well on a team with some talent around him.
We trade for Cassel because we needed a QB & two 3-4 DE? We could have taken Sanchez in the first, Jarron Gilbert in the second and Alex Magee in the third and came out with a QB and two 3-4 DE.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Or the True Fan hype here on the board....

Castle walked on freaking water here with the fans.... Proven vs the protype franchise rookie...

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm not asking for Cassel to go win 8 games, or put up the best numbers ever, I'm asking for him to show me something.

So far the only time I've seen him do anything was for 1 drive against the Raiders a game in which his mistakes lost the game along with the defense folding and in garbage time.

Reerun_KC
I've been saying two wins this year with a possibility of 0-16 since the day after the draft.

Some people just don't understand what's happened to this franchise over the past decade.

It's essentially been gutted.

We're an expansion team.

And expansion teams suck.

No were not.. Were worse... Expansion teams has some talent...

milkman

What bothers me about Cassel is how timidly he's playing, even when he actually does get time.

How poor his decisions are when he does get time.

And the lack of leadership on display.

DaneMcCloud
No were not.. Were worse... Expansion teams has some talent...

Maybe.

But it's no shock that Cleveland and Houston have struggled this decade.

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 09:51 PM
First off, how can it be "B.S." if it's true? And how can it be a negative if it's true?

Please explain.

Well, it's easy to "ass-rape" someone who defends a team that's lost 30 of its last 36 games.

Most of the points you make aren't facts they are opinions so they cannot be proven as true.

Damn your stubborn. All I have said is chill out and give him a fucking chance.

Defending the team? You think I am happy about where we are? No but I am not turning into fucking McCarthy because we are 0-4 right now.

Mecca
10-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Cassel has already busted out a couple of Huard big fetal moves this year.

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 09:52 PM
What bothers me about Cassel is how timidly he's playing, even when he actually does get time.

Those statements are true for exactly 1 game so far.

Tribal Warfare

Exactly, the way he was hyped I was expecting Rich Gannon or Brunell type of numbers

Pioli Zombie
Live with it it's professional football which dictates results like any other business.

You're just embarrassing yourself. Just admit you overstated the case by suggesting the 1986 Denver Broncos and the 2009 Kansas City Chiefs are equal except for the Quarterback. Just admit you were wrong and move on
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
Maybe.

But it's no shock that Cleveland and Houston have struggled this decade.

Basically we have a couple of corners and a LT....

Other than that, we could replace the other 50 players...

milkman
10-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Those statements are true for exactly 1 game so far.

I disagree.

I've seen it in all three games.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Basically we have a couple of corners and a LT....

Other than that, we could replace the other 50 players...

Trust me, I know.

Why do you think I went apeshit on draft day?

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
You're just embarrassing yourself. Just admit you overstated the case by suggesting the 1986 Denver Broncos and the 2009 Kansas City Chiefs are equal except for the Quarterback. Just admit you were wrong and move on
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not, you are hellbent on defending Cassel nomatter what

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 09:55 PM
We trade for Cassel because we needed a QB & two 3-4 DE? We could have taken Sanchez in the first, Jarron Gilbert in the second and Alex Magee in the third and came out with a QB and two 3-4 DE.

That may play out as true in the end I dont know, I cant see the future but I hate that people act like they know its a fact we totally fucked up the future of this franchise 4 games into this season.

milkman
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Trust me, I know.

Why do you think I went apeshit on draft day?

Damn me and my sunny disposition.

If I'd have melted down then, I would have saved myself some heartburn.

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 09:57 PM
I disagree.

I've seen it in all three games.

Fine we disagree.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2009, 09:57 PM
That may play out as true in the end I dont know, I cant see the future but I hate that people act like they know its a fact we totally fucked up the future of this franchise 4 games into this season.

You're the type of guy that would have told Chiefs fans who didn't like Blackledge in 1983 to go root for Denver, Miami, the Jets and New England.

Aren't you?

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 09:58 PM
So Sanchez has looked like a "franchise QB"? And don't give me 3-1 because it wasn't Sanchez that won those games. Now Stafford has looked like the real deal. But Sanchez. Puh-leeeeze. All New York hype.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
10-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Fine we disagree.

Wait.

I want to fight about disagreeing.

Marcellus
10-08-2009, 10:00 PM
You're the type of guy that would have told Chiefs fans who didn't like Blackledge in 1983 to go root for Denver, Miami, the Jets and New England.

Aren't you?

Nope, I have hated many things that KC has done in the past.

I don't care for some of what I am seeing now but I don't think there isn't a chance to improve during the season which is really what this season is all about.

Reaper16
10-08-2009, 10:01 PM
So Sanchez has looked like a "franchise QB"? And don't give me 3-1 because it wasn't Sanchez that won those games. Now Stafford has looked like the real deal. But Sanchez. Puh-leeeeze. All New York hype.
Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't even say anything about how any QB has looked in the post you quoted or the one before it. I was talking with Marcellus about draft philosophy.

Reerun_KC
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
Posted via Mobile Device

Keep telling yourself that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm not, you are hellbent on defending Cassel nomatter what
Nice deflection. You brought up Elway and said how "Elway did it" with a team as bad. You stepped in the dog shit and you are too stubborn to admit it. So Elway would take this Chiefs team to the Super Bowl? And Cassel would take that Broncos team to 0-4?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
10-08-2009, 10:04 PM

While true, it's not uncommon at all for QBs to become timid when their protection is bad. Just because he has time, doesn't mean he isn't thinking about the pass rush.

Most QBs have to deal with mostly good protection with a few biffs. The Chiefs have mostly bad protection with a few plays where they give them time. Pretty different experience.

Pioli Zombie
10-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Keep telling yourself that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok I will. Rick Mirer with press.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Nice deflection. You brought up Elway and said how "Elway did it" with a team as bad. You stepped in the dog shit and you are too stubborn to admit it. So Elway would take this Chiefs team to the Super Bowl? And Cassel would take that Broncos team to 0-4?
Posted via Mobile Device

It wasn't a deflection at all it was my honest answer but you don't want to accept it because of your stubbornness.

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Ok I will. Rick Mirer with press.
Posted via Mobile Device

Your a fucking moran I swear.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 10:06 PM
:clap:Your a ****ing moran I swear.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Like I said you know it's a bad sign when the big Cassel backers have resorted to praying Sanchez is bad.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Like I said you know it's a bad sign when the big Cassel backers have resorted to praying Sanchez is bad.

Its even worse that the ONLY QB they will compare him to is Sanchez...

Its like penis envy....

dirk digler
10-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I wasn't a fan of Cassel when he was traded here but I think this game coming up will be a good indication of what he can do. The reason why I say that is because he basically missed 4 games in a row so the last 3 games were kind of like pre-season for him.

ChiefsCountry
10-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Its even worse that the ONLY QB they will compare him to is Sanchez...

Its like penis envy....

Its mainly dumbass Patriot fans and homers like sauto
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Its mainly dumbass Patriot fans and homers like sauto
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude Sauto tried to tell us Thigpen was good during last year, he'll support anything the Chiefs throw out there.