PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs To Juice or Not to Juice

harpes
10-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Let me start off by saying that back in 80's I did more than my fair share of cycles and fortunatly didnt have any major side effects. Now I have a son playing JUCO and has all the talent and speed to go Div. 1 but size wise he still needs to add some size. He has worked his butt off with the strength coach and has the right diet but his gains have stopped and his doesnt think 180 CB will last long in the big leagues. He has his own money and is determined to buy some roids off the internet and start stacking. Its not like our day when we would use horse steroids or whatever and never gave it thought. He knows what could happen but like all dumb a$$ kids thinks it wont happen to him. I've thought about having the trainer speak with him but he is an adult and if he doesnt make it, then dad will be the one that kept him from his dreams. Does anyone have any ideas or suggesions on alternatives that would be healthier. God only knows what comes in internet steroids

Buck
10-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Tell him, "DO IT, PUSSY!"

Demonpenz
10-09-2009, 10:39 AM
make sure he works out in his bad idea jeans

Brock
10-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Cheat to win, Eddie!

Bill Lundberg
10-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Personally, I think you're crazy if you let him shoot himself up period, and even more crazy letting him shoot up with something he bought online.

Bottom line is you objecting is you being a responsible parent. If he doesn't "make it" it's not because he didn't do steroids, it's because he wasn't good enough.

Fish
10-09-2009, 10:50 AM
If you don't have the frame to make it, then sometimes you just have to accept that. I understand that really sucks. But you only have what God gave you. You can't force anything more and expect good results. I've seen too many friends in this situation and they end up with a changed personality and still end up not making it anyway. And once the got big, they had to keep it up for fear of shrinking again.

I'd strongly advise against this. But I understand why he wants to. Tough situation.

Dayze
10-09-2009, 10:53 AM
make sure he works out in his bad idea jeans
LMAOLMAOLMAO

DaneMcCloud
10-09-2009, 10:55 AM
He's a kid. 180 isn't small for a CB. It's not HUGE, but he certainly has time to grow.

There are enough over the counter supplements and nutritionists out there that can help him get over the hump. If he's plateaued, it's because he's doing the wrong training regime.

You need to get him help in the areas of training and nutrition, not look the other way so he can buy 'roids off the internet.

That's a totally irresponsible move on your part and could have serious and even deadly consequences for your son.

Don't do it.

loochy
10-09-2009, 10:57 AM
If he is insisting on doing it, have him go to a doctor. Have him tell the doctor straight up that he is juicing and he needs to keep an eye on his liver, cholesterol. Also make sure he knows proper injecting technique (i.e. always aspirate before squeezing the plunger, always use new needles, thoroughly clean the area, stay away from arteries, veins, and nerves, etc.). The doctor won't squeal on him, but if he's already dead set on it, this could prevent worse problems.

booyaf2
Yeah,
Cause if he doesn't make a living playing football, what ever will he do.

ChiefsCountry
If he has to take the juice to be a D1 athlete, then he really isn't one. Really a fucking stupid decision.

BY1401
10-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Tell him to mainline that shit or he isn't a real man.

topher79
10-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Work harder. No offense but roids are for losers. If you use roids you're admitting you're not good enough and if you go through life with that attitude you won't get far anyway.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 11:00 AM
He's either good enough or he isn't.

Maybe instead of fretting over jacking your kid full of 'roids you should talk to him about the importance of an education, especially since the odds of him making it to the NFL, even if he makes it to DI, are about 1 in 100.

nychief
10-09-2009, 11:01 AM
wow.

I just...

Anyway, I think you should probably just tell him not to take steroids - and to, ya know, study something he could do as a profession other than football.

loochy
10-09-2009, 11:03 AM
He's either good enough or he isn't.

Maybe instead of fretting over jacking your kid full of 'roids you should talk to him about the importance of an education, especially since the odds of him making it to the NFL, even if he makes it to DI, are about 1 in 100.

This. Hamas smart. Brain good.

Or you could let him start and then instantly tell the coach or athletic director or something, then he will get tested and busted and then he will no longer juice because he will be under the spotlight.

harpes
10-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Dont get me wrong I DO NOT want him to do it. But he is 20 years old, doesnt live at home and like most 20 year olds wont listen to Dad. It does amaze me the folks that have said if you have to take roids your not going to make it. I wish that was true but if you look at sports how many didnt use it.

I like the one suggestion about having him go to the Dr. and maybe he can talk some since into him or if not keep his health monitored. So far off his team there are 7 going on to major D1 schools and according to him all but one are getting help. I didnt know it was still as wide spread as it apparantly is. Really makes you wonder if there is that amount of pressure to compete at that level what it must be higher up. If he starts now I am afraid to 20 pounds he want to add will end up needing to be 30 pounds and then it will be 40 pounds. I agree that you either have the frame or you dont. I was a 240# DE in high school and juiced up to 275 and lost both knees, back pain etc. and probably was because my skeleton was being pushed at 240 and 275 was just too much. He has seen my scars but thinks he is bullet proof.

Demonpenz
10-09-2009, 11:13 AM
yeah get jacked up on roids do keg stands rape bitches yeah

DaKCMan AP
10-09-2009, 11:14 AM
I prefer apple juice.

philfree
10-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Wow! Just wow!. It's your son dude. Don't you think maybe down the road when he is a man that he might thank you for instilling some character him? Don't let him go that route.

PhilFree:arrow:

Spicy McHaggis
10-09-2009, 11:17 AM
You're his father, not his friend. Tell him to stay the fuck off roids and if he blames you for it later, at least you'll know you did the right thing.

CoMoChief
10-09-2009, 11:21 AM
There are CB's in the NFL that are that small. Though they are VERY fast

Deangelo Hall, Devin Hester (now WR) Tye Hill (sucks)

Most CB's are 190-205 range, it shouldnt be hard at a D1 school with proper training and diet that he can't get to that point in 1 school year. Possible less time than that.

don't let him shoot up. If he gets caught his career would be ruined.

Coach
10-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Dont get me wrong I DO NOT want him to do it. But he is 20 years old, doesnt live at home and like most 20 year olds wont listen to Dad. It does amaze me the folks that have said if you have to take roids your not going to make it. I wish that was true but if you look at sports how many didnt use it.

I like the one suggestion about having him go to the Dr. and maybe he can talk some since into him or if not keep his health monitored. So far off his team there are 7 going on to major D1 schools and according to him all but one are getting help. I didnt know it was still as wide spread as it apparantly is. Really makes you wonder if there is that amount of pressure to compete at that level what it must be higher up. If he starts now I am afraid to 20 pounds he want to add will end up needing to be 30 pounds and then it will be 40 pounds. I agree that you either have the frame or you dont. I was a 240# DE in high school and juiced up to 275 and lost both knees, back pain etc. and probably was because my skeleton was being pushed at 240 and 275 was just too much. He has seen my scars but thinks he is bullet proof.

Honestly, as an experience in a NAIA school coach (Yes, I know, not Division I, but still college nonethless) I would strongly encourage your son not to take the steriods. I'm sure the NCAA has some routine testing and unannounced testing program.

If your son still refuses to listen to you, then all you can do is just support him and still love him as your son. But if the situation in the future occurs where he gets busted for it, don't go tell him "I told you so." Instead, console him and tell him that he's not a bad person for doing it. People make mistakes and get wrong intel from wrong people.

And Hamas is right. The odds of making it in the NFL is 1 to 100. Not very good odds. I'm not saying it's impossible for him to do it, but education should be very important in all students. For instance, what happens if say he suffers a career ending injury?

salame
10-09-2009, 11:30 AM
you are quite the retard if you let your son do this

The Franchise
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
There are CB's in the NFL that are that small. Though they are VERY fast

Deangelo Hall, Devin Hester (now WR) Tye Hill (sucks)

Most CB's are 190-205 range, it shouldnt be hard at a D1 school with proper training and diet that he can't get to that point in 1 school year. Possible less time than that.

don't let him shoot up. If he gets caught his career would be ruined.

This. If he has the speed and the talent.....roids are only going to fuck his dream up. Tell him to wait until he gets into a football program that has a weight training regime.

wild1
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
He's a kid. 180 isn't small for a CB. It's not HUGE, but he certainly has time to grow.

There are enough over the counter supplements and nutritionists out there that can help him get over the hump. If he's plateaued, it's because he's doing the wrong training regime.

You need to get him help in the areas of training and nutrition, not look the other way so he can buy 'roids off the internet.

That's a totally irresponsible move on your part and could have serious and even deadly consequences for your son.

Don't do it.

No kidding.

If the kid was on heroin you'd do something. It's abuse/neglect of a minor if he's 17 and not 20.

It's revolting that this is even a matter up for discussion.

Demonpenz
10-09-2009, 11:36 AM
wouldn't the odds of making it to the nfl be something like the entire male population/number of players in the nfl. It sure as hell more than 1/100

DumbHillbillies
Tell him there are no shorcuts to true success in life, that's a valuable lesson to learn early in life. If that doesn't do it, do you really want to sit by and let any of the things below happen to your son, regardless if he's pissed off at you for a while.

The Franchise
How tall is he?

BY1401
10-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Have him do a detailed benefit/cost analysis before he makes his decision.

wild1
10-09-2009, 11:41 AM
wouldn't the odds of making it to the nfl be something like the entire male population/number of players in the nfl. It sure as hell more than 1/100

Less than 1/10,000 high school players, certainly, to make a team in the NFL

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2009, 11:41 AM

Not if you are on a D1 roster. Most D1 teams have at least 1 guy who plays in the NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM

We're already assuming that he's a DI football player.

125 players on a DI school * 120 DI schools= 15000 at any one time.

Then weed out the number of guys who will make it through all four years, then the number who get drafted or sign as a FA, then the number who will make it through camp and actually get on an NFL roster somewhere.

BWillie
10-09-2009, 12:04 PM

Don't do it.

Exactly. What is he a high school senior? With the correct training and nutrition alot of guys ad 30-40 lbs once they get to college.

I was 122 lbs when I was 18. By the time I was 22 I was 185 lbs and benching about 300 lbs. BTW, there are plenty of defensive backs that are 170-185 lbs in D1.

You seem to think allowing him to take roids is an option. It's not.

TheGuardian
10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Where to start............

At 20 his test levels are as high as they are ever going to be. That said, unless he's been lifting since he was 13-14 he still has a lot of years of muscle maturity left to kick in.

But all of that aside, 180 for a defensive back is fine. Our best defensive back in JUCO was 165 or 170. He was fast and had great instincts. The fact is, being able to move and be fast is far more important than size in football. You should know this. I moved better at 220 than I ever did at 245 after JUCO because I was in single digit bodyfat at 220, and fat is no friend of speed. But I too thought I needed to be bigger because well, that's everyone says. "You need to be 245." Ok so I got up to 245. Then I was running 4.7's instead of 4.5's (with an occasional high 4.4 thrown in).

If he adds 10 pounds in the offseason, which is EASILY doable, he's 190 and I'd just about bet money that's the average defensive back size for div I football. He's going to need anabolics for 10 pounds???? But it needs to be quality. If he's 200 slow, he'll play less than if he's 180 playing FAST.

Jim Leonhard for the Jets is 5'8" 186.

If he's going to use no matter what you say then my advise would be to tell him to just do a cycle of anavar (oxandrolone) if he can get his hands on it. 30-50mg a week and he'll gain his 10-15 pounds and he'll be stronger and faster and he'll retain most of it after he comes off. It won't fuck up his endocrine system or mess with his test levels. The only problem is, it's hard to come by and it's expensive.

So there you go.

Spicy McHaggis
10-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Honestly, as an experience in a NAIA school coach (Yes, I know, not Division I, but still college nonethless) I would strongly encourage your son not to take the steriods. I'm sure the NCAA has some routine testing and unannounced testing program.

They do. You can basically be tested at any time but it's not as frequent as it should be IMO. There are plenty of ways to build strength that don't involve taking steroids. Diet and nutrition are absolutely huge in my experience. If that's not enough, there is a myriad of legal supplements you can take. Although, with those I would suggest taking them in to the head trainer at school to have him check them over as well as doing your own research. The bottom line is that it's your body and you're responsible for what you put in it.

Saccopoo
10-09-2009, 12:13 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/photos/tx_mandarich.jpg

NewChief
10-09-2009, 12:24 PM
I think the whole issue that harpes is facing is that his son is wanting to engage in something that he himself did and that harpes probably doesn't even see as that "wrong." I will probably face the same dilemma when my kid gets to the age to start smoking grass. Yes I did it. Yes I feel like a fucking hypocrite telling my kid not to do it. But guess what? I'm the parent, and that's my job.

It just comes with the territory. Same thing I have to do in my job every day as an authority figure. It's the way the game is played. We tell them not to do it, and they try to get away with it. If we didn't, next thing you know kids would be wearing hats in the school building (see how many people get that ancient CP reference).

Saccopoo
10-09-2009, 12:27 PM
While your primary concern should by on the long term health of your son (because, at 20, most kids think that they are bulletproof and know everything), there are secondary concerns that you should have. Once he gets on the juice, he's going to be susceptible to testing positive on random drug test (and yes, they do not test enough and most guys get around them by cheating anyway), which would/could remove any scholarship from him, banned from the team, kicked off of campus. As well, if he gets caught in possession of the drugs, they are considered a controlled substance and he will be facing some expensive and serious legal/criminal consequences. All it takes is getting into an argument with someone who knows you are doing drugs and a vindictive/retaliatory call to the authorities and you are basically screwed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Is he white? If yes then he'll probably need to get bigger so he can move to safety. But let's go with not to juice.

Buehler445
10-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Dude, encourage him not to do it.

Others have said the things about legal suppliments. If he's 180, he shouldn't have much to gain. Legals should do what he needs.

It is your responsibility as a parent to say something
Posted via Mobile Device

Garcia Bronco
10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't have a problem with PED's under the supervision of a doctor. It's not cheating unless you want to include anything that can "Enhance Performance" including caffine. Further more you have many, many parents that give their kids HGH treatments at an early age so they can play sports at all. Does that make them cheaters? No it doesn't. Just be ready for the risks.

The Franchise
10-09-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't have a problem with PED's under the supervision of a doctor. It's not cheating unless you want to include anything that can "Enhance Performance" including caffine. Further more you have many, many parents that give their kids HGH treatments at an early age so they can play sports at all. Does that make them cheaters? No it doesn't. Just be ready for the risks.

Does it make them cheaters? Yes.

Does it make them retarded? Yes.

If parents actually do that....then they are fucking worthless parents.

Garcia Bronco
10-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Does it make them cheaters? Yes.

Does it make them retarded? Yes.

If parents actually do that....then they are ****ing worthless parents.

Many parents do and it's completely safe.

The Franchise
10-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Many parents do and it's completely safe.

And still retarded.

My kid must play sports! Load em up with HGH to make sure they can! :shake:

Garcia Bronco
10-09-2009, 01:25 PM
And still retarded.

My kid must play sports! Load em up with HGH to make sure they can! :shake:

It's a single treatment. Most kids probably don't even know they had it. This has been going on well in the 70's.

bevischief
10-09-2009, 01:44 PM
aintfreeze
Posted via Mobile Device

RippedmyFlesh
10-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Flowers, Brandon CB 5-9 187

2 more years of holiday meals should be able to add the couple of pounds he needs.
You know the situation as to what you can do within reason.I have children who are "adults" also but you have to do everything you can to not let him do this.If you do everything in your power to stop him even if he does you will feel better about yourself later for fighting the good fight. Like Dane said legal nutritional supplements will do the job safely. I mean it's not like he's 30lbs under weight.\

Tribal Warfare
10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Your boy needs to get a hold of a nutritionist to avoid harmful drugs, they'll put him on a carb'protein plan that will maximize his muscle growth potential.

RippedmyFlesh
10-09-2009, 02:14 PM
CB is prob the absolute worst position to bulk up. I would think you would jeopardize the good fluid movement he has that has gotten him this far.

BigCatDaddy
10-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Any idea what he plans on taking? There are many OTC oral steroids out there that can be taken and are just effective as illegal orals. Just make sure if he does it, that he does it right with proper support supps and post cycle therapy and a Dr's supervision doesn't hurt either. Blood work will need to be checked.

gblowfish
10-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I like orange juice, apple juice, grape juice, tomato juice.
And you can't stop me either.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 02:33 PM
It's a single treatment. Most kids probably don't even know they had it. This has been going on well in the 70's.

Yeah, it's fucking brilliant to give kids HGH from cadavers like they did in the 70's.

<del>It's not like you could give them Creutzfeld-Jakob or anything</del>

Dumbass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 02:35 PM
CB is prob the absolute worst position to bulk up. I would think you would jeopardize the good fluid movement he has that has gotten him this far.

And let's take an honest look at how "this far" really is. Fringe Division I.

Sorry Timmy, you don't get to play in the NFL for Christmas if you are a borderline DI prospect who thinks they need to use gas to compete at that level.

Try your damndest to get on at a DI school, go IAA or DII if you can't. The only thing that matters in the long run for 99.9% of college athletes is that they get an education and prepare themselves for life after their given sport.

FRCDFED
10-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Let me start off by saying that back in 80's I did more than my fair share of cycles and fortunatly didnt have any major side effects. Now I have a son playing JUCO and has all the talent and speed to go Div. 1 but size wise he still needs to add some size. He has worked his butt off with the strength coach and has the right diet but his gains have stopped and his doesnt think 180 CB will last long in the big leagues. He has his own money and is determined to buy some roids off the internet and start stacking. Its not like our day when we would use horse steroids or whatever and never gave it thought. He knows what could happen but like all dumb a$$ kids thinks it wont happen to him. I've thought about having the trainer speak with him but he is an adult and if he doesnt make it, then dad will be the one that kept him from his dreams. Does anyone have any ideas or suggesions on alternatives that would be healthier. God only knows what comes in internet steroids

You're asking this question and you still believe you didn't have any major side effectsROFL Dumbest damn question I've seen on here ever!:spock: