PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Draft Thoughts and the 4-3 Defense

Coogs
10-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Just some random thoughts after watching Suh play...

Jackson at LDE, Suh at LDT, Dorsey at RDT, and possibly McGee at RDE (or there could be a very good undersized pass rushing DE at the top of round 2 that could make this D-line great in a hurry) or a backup on the interior if a RDE is drafted.

Corey Mays looks like he is great against the run, and rushing the passer, but not so much in pass defense. A pretty good fit in a 4-3 defense ant MLB. A real 4-3 too, not the soft Tampa 2 defense.

Belcher at Will, and maybe Walters at Sam. DJ maybe not resigned... Vrabel probably is gone anyway.

Secondary isn't bad already.

Then adress O-line as many times as needed.

Just a thought.

Jethopper
10-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks Herm.

Jethopper
10-09-2009, 03:45 PM
and Gunther.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 03:47 PM
and Gunther.

Bite your tongue! :cuss:

I'm thinking NY Giants type 4-3.

philfree
10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
If we went back to the 4-3 we'd draft Dunlap. At least we should if that were the case.

PhilFree:arrow:

RustShack
10-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I would much rather have Hali at RE over Magee...

DaneMcCloud
10-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Bite your tongue! :cuss:

I'm thinking NY Giants type 4-3.

They're not going to run the 4-3.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 04:28 PM
If we went back to the 4-3 we'd draft Dunlap. At least we should if that were the case.

I don''t know. Suh looked like a beast last night. And he has every game I have seen him play.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 04:30 PM
They're not going to run the 4-3.

Haley said he is looking for solutions. Job security comes with wins, and this may enter into his thinking sometime in the near future.

I know he favors a 3-4, but we are still much closer to being a 4-3 type of defense... and we are several miles away from having a decent offense.

Shortest route to success could be going back to the 4-3.

DaneMcCloud
10-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Haley said he is looking for solutions. Job security comes with wins, and this may enter into his thinking sometime in the near future.

Haley is FOS.

His job security is his 5 year contract.

There's no way that after hiring Pendergast and drafting not one but two 5 tech DE's, they'd switch to a 4-3.

IF that were to happen (which it won't), I think it would be safe to call the Pioli era a complete and utter failure, far beyond anything ever witnessed by Chiefs fans.

TRR
10-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Why is this even a discussion? They just switched to a 3-4 this season. They aren't going back now.

This is about as stupid as b*tching about not drafting Sanchez.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
10-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Haley isn't going to get fired no matter how bad he does. If he does he was just a stop gap guy for Pioli until he could hire his guy, but I can't see that.

kcfanXIII
10-09-2009, 04:54 PM
and the lack of patience for anything still continues to baffle me...

Coogs
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Why is this even a discussion? They just switched to a 3-4 this season. They aren't going back now.

This is about as stupid as b*tching about not drafting Sanchez.
Posted via Mobile Device

So you are saying if Suh is available when we draft... pass... even though putting together one hell of a D-line would be right there for the taking?

Coogs
10-09-2009, 05:21 PM
and the lack of patience for anything still continues to baffle me...

Been a Chiefs fan since the late 60's. Patience I have. Stud D player setting there that can fix our anemic pass defense as far as pressuring the QB goes, and I am all for it.

I would much rather do that, than reach for a NT who may or may not be suspect when it comes to his work ethic.

RustShack
10-09-2009, 05:22 PM
So you are saying if Suh is available when we draft... pass... even though putting together one hell of a D-line would be right there for the taking?

Suh isn't a 3-4 NT, you don't draft players who don't fit the defense.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Suh isn't a 3-4 NT, you don't draft players who don't fit the defense.

That would be why I mentioned going back to the 4-3. Suh and Dorsey at the DT spots(possibly the best two college DT's in years)... and Jackson was a 4-3 DE in college as well.

RustShack
10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Jackson would play DT in a 4-3 defense in the NFL.

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Suh is what Tyson Jackson should be. Suh is going to be a 3-4 End or an under tackle in the 4-3.

Disclamier - I liked Tyson Jackson in the draft. He was the best 3-4 end and how we had no value at #3 was our defacto pick.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 05:27 PM

Probably make a damn fine RDE as well. Giants move their d-linemen all over the place. It's not really rocket science.

RustShack
10-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Hell Suh, Dorsey, and Jackson would all be fighting it out for the UT spot. So we either have a lot of depth or two guys playing out of position not playing to their ability.

RustShack
10-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Probably make a damn fine RDE as well. Giants move their d-linemen all over the place. It's not really rocket science.

I would THINK about him at LE, no way in hell at RE.

CupidStunt
10-09-2009, 05:29 PM
No single college prospect is so good that you change your entire philosophy so he fits in.

Certainly not Suh. Great player, albeit overrated around these parts, but not a future Chief at all.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I would THINK about him at LE, no way in hell at RE.

Sorry, I meant LDE. :thumb:

ChiefsCountry

Nope he couldn't play RDE in the NFL. If you want that position - Dunlap from Florida is the kid to watch. He is more of a freak than Suh.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Nah. He's more of a LDE.

RustShack
10-09-2009, 05:31 PM
If we draft a Dlinemen it better be Cody or Dunlap, we don't really even need Dunlap but a talent like that is nice to have.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 05:33 PM
No single college prospect is so good that you change your entire philosophy so he fits in.

I agree. But if you go best available player, he certainly falls into that catagory. And when you combine him with what we have... 4-3 starts comming into focus.

And Haley fired his OC. If we have no pressure on the opposing QB the remainder of the year, maybe going this route is a better solution than reaching for players to fit the other system... never mind the things that need to be done on the other side of the ball.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
maybe going this route is a better solution than reaching for players to fit the other system...

You mean like we did with our #3 last year, and as a result, the #5 in 2008?

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2009, 05:50 PM
If the Chiefs were smart they would try to load up on defense this year. We could build that unit alot quicker and it could win us some games at least.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 05:53 PM
You mean like we did with our #3 last year, and as a result, the #5 in 2008?

Yes. But we could put both of those guys back in spots where they could be possibly not so much reaches anymore. :shrug:

Silock
10-09-2009, 05:54 PM
If the Chiefs were smart they would try to load up on defense this year. We could build that unit alot quicker and it could win us some games at least.

Yeah, forget about an offensive line and trying to protect our $60 million investment.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 05:54 PM

Yup.

At this point, the only position on offense the team should even consider with its first is WR, and I don't see any Calvin Johnsons or Larry Fitzgerald's this year. The 2011 class could be fucking sick, though.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 05:55 PM

That is what I am saying as well. Not saying finishing the 3-4 can't be done. Just saying keeping the options open would be a lot smarter than not keeping them open.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Yes. But we could put both of those guys back in spots where they could be possibly not so much reaches anymore. :shrug:

Tyson Jackson will always be a reach. Glenn Dorsey was great value in a 4-3 and a terrible reach for a 3-4.

With that said, I do think there is merit in the assertion that we just tailor the D to strengths of the roster. That's all you should ever do. If Dunlap or Griffin are there, we should draft them and go back to a 4-3, as that will give us 2 playmakers in the front 4 and a solid run-stuffer at the LDE position, but it's pretty damned obvious that Scott Pioli thinks the only defense a team should run is the 3-4.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah, forget about an offensive line and trying to protect our $60 million investment.

The stupid bastards had the perfect draft to do that last year, and they drafted counter to the board on almost every pick.

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 06:01 PM
The stupid bastards had the perfect draft to do that last year, and they drafted counter to the board on almost every pick.
Yeah what the fuck does Pioli know when Hamas Jenkins is around?
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah what the fuck does Pioli know when Hamas Jenkins is around?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, I was the only one who claimed that 2009 was a great draft for OL talent.

You should hang yourself by your own entrails.

Mecca
10-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Um it's pretty obvious the Chiefs shunned the value of the draft last year.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Tyson Jackson will always be a reach. Glenn Dorsey was great value in a 4-3 and a terrible reach for a 3-4.

With that said, I do think there is merit in the assertion that we just tailor the D to strengths of the roster. That's all you should ever do. If Dunlap or Griffin are there, we should draft them and go back to a 4-3, as that will give us 2 playmakers in the front 4 and a solid run-stuffer at the LDE position, but it's pretty damned obvious that Scott Pioli thinks the only defense a team should run is the 3-4.

That is what I am kind of thinking. That I why Suh came to mind. At the top of round two there could be a Freeney type of DE left that could be unleashed with Jackson, Suh, and Dorsey manning the other three spots. Selvie, Hughes, Norwood, or Sapp could possibly flourish in that system, and one of them could still be there at the top of round 2.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Um it's pretty obvious the Chiefs shunned the value of the draft last year.

Yes. And to do that 2 years in a row would be way wrong. You could still adjust the players to fit the correct system. But if we reach for Cody, and he flops, then we possibly suck for years. And if we reach for Cody we are obviously not getting Mays or Berry. If not mays or Berry, Suh makes some sense.

Mecca
10-09-2009, 06:12 PM
With the emphasis on pass rushers you really think a pass rusher is falling that far...

Mecca
10-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Yes. And to do that 2 years in a row would be way wrong. You could still adjust the players to fit the correct system. But if we reach for Cody, and he flops, then we possibly suck for years. And if we reach for Cody we are obviously not getting Mays or Berry. If not mays or Berry, Suh makes some sense.

This regime is pretty hell bent on running that scheme, you might aswell get use to it.

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Sanchez just threw another pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
10-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Mays in the first and a pass rusher in the second.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You're just fucking sad and pathetic; like a sterno bum talking shit to someone who walks by.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Mays in the first and a pass rusher in the second.

Ideally, coming out of this draft with a true playmaker (Mays, Berry), a pass rusher, and either a NT or RT would make this a damned good draft.

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 06:22 PM
You're just fucking sad and pathetic; like a sterno bum talking shit to someone who walks by.
Do you know how many bananas your mom can stuff in her mouth? I do.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Do you know how many bananas your mom can stuff in her mouth? I do.
Posted via Mobile Device

smaque FAIL.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 06:25 PM
With the emphasis on pass rushers you really think a pass rusher is falling that far...Possibly, because this is such a strong defensive draft. Those 4 do not even take in several other DE's who are prabably locks for round 1 like Dunlap and Hardy.

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 06:26 PM
smaque FAIL.
Nah. I think it was pretty good. Better than your lame attempts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
10-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Ideally, coming out of this draft with a true playmaker (Mays, Berry), a pass rusher, and either a NT or RT would make this a damned good draft.

That is going to be tough to grab Mays and Berry plus the NT with so many teams going to the 3-4. And Suh is a playmaker. You could get Suh, a pass rusher, and still have a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to work on the O-line areas.

RustShack
10-09-2009, 06:30 PM
We don't need Suh at all..

Mecca
10-09-2009, 06:30 PM
You aren't grabbing Mays and Berry you can get one or the other.

TrickyNicky
10-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I'd still rather have Mays than tie up $150 million (80 guaranteed) on just the D line.

Mecca
10-09-2009, 06:32 PM
I'd rather go Mays too but knowing Pioli we're gonna take Terrence Cody with a top 5 pick.

Red Coater
10-09-2009, 06:37 PM
1.mays or berry
2. best pass rusher LB
2. O-Line RT
3. C or Best O-line
4-7 Best Player or Playa

Red Coater
10-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Cody= Bust or just a 2 down player= Bust

Mecca
10-09-2009, 06:40 PM
There's a chance Kris O'Dowd could be there at the top of the 2nd, and before anyone bitches about me pimping a SC player he's far and away the best center prospect.

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I would get all worked up about the 2010 draft now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
10-09-2009, 06:44 PM
There's a chance Kris O'Dowd could be there at the top of the 2nd, and before anyone bitches about me pimping a SC player he's far and away the best center prospect.

Agreed. I would be OK with that pick. Maybe Atlanta will tank, and both our 2nd rounders will be in the top 15 of the round.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 06:44 PM
I'd still rather have Mays than tie up $150 million (80 guaranteed) on just the D line.

First off, it is not your money. Second, QB's have all damn day to throw right now.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I would get all worked up about the 2010 draft now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Who's worked up. Just throwing out things to keep an eye on. Suh is a stud. As are others on defense. Not sure Cody goes in that discussion.

Mecca
10-09-2009, 06:46 PM
That's because we don't have a rush backer, the 3-4 lineman don't get pressure.

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Agreed. I would be OK with that pick. Maybe Atlanta will tank, and both our 2nd rounders will be in the top 15 of the round.

All because of that stupid Pioli.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Who's worked up. Just throwing out things to keep an eye on. Suh is a stud. As are others on defense. Not sure Cody goes in that discussion.

Oh you're fine. Its the other boys I worry about. The draft is "their thing".
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
10-09-2009, 06:50 PM
That's because we don't have a rush backer, the 3-4 lineman don't get pressure.

Not sure who you are talking too, but I am well aware of that. The 3-4 alignment still has way more holes to fill than the 4-3 alignment. Mays looks like he would be ideal as a MLB in the 4-3, but lacks in the 3-4. Vrabel probably walks. Hali will probably need to be replaced as well. And without the anchor up front at NT, all else fails. Lots of holes. Plus the offensive holes. 4-3 could provide a quicker fix... and maybe a better one as well. Keeping options open would be a good thing.

TrickyNicky
10-09-2009, 06:57 PM
First off, it is not your money. Second, QB's have all damn day to throw right now.

So what if it isn't my money, I still want them to make smarter decisions with it. Thats like saying who cares if the Chiefs suck, you don't actually own the team.

I'd rather have Mays. period. Suh looks like everything we could hope Jackson will be, but we already went down that road and as long as we have Pioli, I'm pretty sure we're going to be running a 3-4. So drafting Suh as a 4-3 dt makes no sense at this point. Like it or not, we have made the bed. Whether we shit or sleep in it remains to be seen.

RustShack
10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
You HAVE to be a Nebraska fan if you honestly think the Chiefs SHOULD draft Suh.

Mecca
10-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Suh is a great player and if the Chiefs were a 4-3 team I'd be all for it, he's about as dominating interior college lineman as I've seen.

He is without a doubt a top 5 pick.

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2009, 07:05 PM
If it was me I would draft Mays, Mike Brown sucks and he is done. Page is serviceable, he isn't the greatest but you can get by. In round 2, you could get a George Selive type as the outside passrusher or a NT like Boo Robinson out Wake. I like that kid alot. He is a little smaller NT but he could put on weight.

Mecca
10-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Mays is more FS than SS but he could do both so I could see someone going nuts that he'd take Page's spot.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 07:19 PM
You HAVE to be a Nebraska fan if you honestly think the Chiefs SHOULD draft Suh.

I'm not a Huskers fan. Don't hate them either. I have watched the Huskers on more than one occasion though at the end of last year and the start of this year. The dude was unstoppable everytime I have seen them.

Am I saying we should draft him? No. I am just saying I would rather go that route and go back to the 4-3 than to draft Cody and still have the same 80 million tied up in the D-line.

I'm all for Mays, Berry, or Suh as of the 9th of October. Suh in the 4-3 look though... which is not that far fetched given the personal on the team if Haley is truely out to find solutions to get this team into the winners circle on a regular basis.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Suh is a great player and if the Chiefs were a 4-3 team I'd be all for it, he's about as dominating interior college lineman as I've seen.

He is without a doubt a top 5 pick.

Yep! And we are looking like a top 5 selectee again this season as well.

OctoberFart
10-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Why don't they just play a 4-3 under with 5 defensive linemen like they did in AZ?

OctoberFart
10-09-2009, 07:48 PM
80 mil in signing bonus's tied up on a shitty defense would be a one way ticket out of town for the new regime.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 07:54 PM
80 mil in signing bonus's tied up on a shitty defense would be a one way ticket out of town for the new regime.

Better get ready for it. Top 5 pick is going put us over the top there no matter where the pick is used on a defensive player.

Unless we go OT. Two 1st round OT's would be nice! ;)

T-post Tom
10-09-2009, 07:55 PM
wE ShoUlD sWiTcH tO tHe ThIrTeEn-fOuR. With these players, we need at least 17 guys on the field in order to stop anyone.

milkman
10-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli just blew another nut into your cumhole.

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Pioli just blew another nut into your cumhole.
Your Mom says hi.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
10-09-2009, 08:19 PM
That is going to be tough to grab Mays and Berry plus the NT with so many teams going to the 3-4. And Suh is a playmaker. You could get Suh, a pass rusher, and still have a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to work on the O-line areas.

Dude.

Pioli and Haley are not going to keep thier options open.

They are not going to simply revert back to a 43 one year after taking a 5 tech with both of their first two picks.

milkman
10-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Your Mom says hi.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's all good.

How's that 75 year old pussy work for you?

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 08:26 PM
It's all good.

How's that 75 year old pussy work for you?
Her mouth is still strong.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
10-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Her mouth is still strong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, if you like 'em old, more power to ya, ya sick bastard.

Though I guess more age approiate woman want nothing to do with you.

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey, if you like 'em old, more power to ya, ya sick bastard.

Though I guess more age approiate woman want nothing to do with you.

You're a woman and you're talking to me, although I wish you'd stop it.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
10-09-2009, 08:45 PM
You're a woman and you're talking to me, although I wish you'd stop it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure you do.

What you really mean is you're pretending that I'm a woman, that way you can pretend a woman talked to you.

Coogs
10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Dude.

Pioli and Haley are not going to keep thier options open.

They are not going to simply revert back to a 43 one year after taking a 5 tech with both of their first two picks.

I'd respect them more if they did. Jackson could play the LDE, and probably be damn good at it. And McGee was only a 3rd rounder. If he is a rotation guy like Tuck was for the Giants, then you are on to something.

DaneMcCloud
10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I'd respect them more if they did. Jackson could play the LDE, and probably be damn good at it. And McGee was only a 3rd rounder. If he is a rotation guy like Tuck was for the Giants, then you are on to something.

Discounting a 3rd round pick is why the Chiefs currently have the least talented roster in the NFL, bar none.

chiefzilla1501
10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Haley is FOS.

His job security is his 5 year contract.

There's no way that after hiring Pendergast and drafting not one but two 5 tech DE's, they'd switch to a 4-3.

IF that were to happen (which it won't), I think it would be safe to call the Pioli era a complete and utter failure, far beyond anything ever witnessed by Chiefs fans.

Funny thing is, when Pendergast ran a 4-3, his defense was unbelievable. I think he's a ton better as a 4-3 coordinator than a 3-4. But I agree, the front office seems pretty intent on the 3-4.

RustShack
10-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Funny thing is, when Pendergast ran a 4-3, his defense was unbelievable. I think he's a ton better as a 4-3 coordinator than a 3-4. But I agree, the front office seems pretty intent on the 3-4.

Where was this unbelievable 4-3 defense he ran? Sure wasn't at his only other job as defensive coordinator in Arizona.

kcfanXIII
10-09-2009, 10:52 PM
i quit smoking 4 hours ago, and i still can't run a 4.4 40. its obviously not the cigarettes holding back my lung capacity, i quit.

kcfanXIII
10-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Your Mom says hi.
Posted via Mobile Device

i get it, you're a one trick pony. any real comeback, or just mom jokes?

chiefzilla1501
10-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Where was this unbelievable 4-3 defense he ran? Sure wasn't at his only other job as defensive coordinator in Arizona.

Maybe not "unbelievable", but for a young coordinator, he had a tough, 4-3 defense his first two seasons where the Cards were a top 10-15 defense. He was a guinea pig for Whisenhunt, who was intent on moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and slowly transitioned into it.

Kyle DeLexus
10-09-2009, 10:59 PM
If it was me I would draft Mays, Mike Brown sucks and he is done. Page is serviceable, he isn't the greatest but you can get by. In round 2, you could get a George Selive type as the outside passrusher or a NT like Boo Robinson out Wake. I like that kid alot. He is a little smaller NT but he could put on weight.I'm a big fan of Boo and wouldn't mind in the least if we took him. I'd go Mays/Berry then Rush backer or O'Dowd with the first 2nd (depending on where ATL's pick ends up) and then get Boo to round out the 2nd. Then I'd work in more defense and o-line for the rest of the draft.

Coogs
10-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Discounting a 3rd round pick is why the Chiefs currently have the least talented roster in the NFL, bar none.

I couldn't agree with you more. But a 3rd round pick that contributes like a Justin Tuck in multiple spots down the D-line would wind up being a pretty good pick.

I still think if Suh is an available option for our top of the first pick, you have to look at him. Dude is a stud.

RustShack
10-10-2009, 07:38 AM
There is no possible way the Chiefs go away from the 3-4 now.

Kyle DeLexus
10-10-2009, 09:58 AM
I couldn't agree with you more. But a 3rd round pick that contributes like a Justin Tuck in multiple spots down the D-line would wind up being a pretty good pick.

I still think if Suh is an available option for our top of the first pick, you have to look at him. Dude is a stud.Suh=Dorsey Dorsey=Suh. You'd have two top 5's for the same DT position. IF you run the 4-3 you take Dunlap. He's going to be a Mario Williams kind of player.....only better IMO.

salame
10-10-2009, 11:11 AM
all of this rushbacker business around here makes me lol regularly
rushbacker hahahahahah

philfree
10-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Suh=Dorsey Dorsey=Suh. You'd have two top 5's for the same DT position. IF you run the 4-3 you take Dunlap. He's going to be a Mario Williams kind of player.....only better IMO.

Dorsey, Tyler, Jackson and Magee would all play inside in a 4-3 I would think. Hali and Dunlap would be the DEs. There's no way the Chiefs go back to a 4-3 but with that group they could probably switch back and forth from 4-3 to 3-4 pretty easy during a game. Well if Dunlap can battle at DE in a 3-4. He's big enough. Regardless of who was in at DT all that would have to happen is for Hali to take his hand off the ground and they're in a 3-4. Hali could move over to ROLB behind/beside Dunlap and they could run stunts and kill the QB.

Yeah I know, "pipe dream"..

ChiefsCountry
10-10-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm a big fan of Boo and wouldn't mind in the least if we took him. I'd go Mays/Berry then Rush backer or O'Dowd with the first 2nd (depending on where ATL's pick ends up) and then get Boo to round out the 2nd. Then I'd work in more defense and o-line for the rest of the draft.

Boo is from Louisiana so there is a chance. :D

Chiefnj2
10-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Maybe not "unbelievable", but for a young coordinator, he had a tough, 4-3 defense his first two seasons where the Cards were a top 10-15 defense. He was a guinea pig for Whisenhunt, who was intent on moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and slowly transitioned into it.

Not even close to being unbelievable.

In terms of points allowed:
2004 Cards - 12th. (Not bad)
2005 Cards - 26th. (Huh, what happened? One year aberration?)
2006 Cards - 29th. (Maybe 04 was the aberration.)
2007 Cards - 27th. (Yep, 04.)
2008 Cards - 28th.

Chiefnj2
10-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Talk of switching back to a 43 was like discussing Sanchez as a QB after Pioli brought in Cassel. Something to kill time during the slow season, but no way in hell is it going to happen.