PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Okung

RustShack
10-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Where does he and other LT's rank compared to other LT's of previous drafts and compared to current NFL players? This is not a move Albert to Guard thread, but i'm just saying what if.

RustShack
10-10-2009, 09:03 PM
On a side note, draft Taylor Mays!

Delano
10-10-2009, 09:04 PM
This is not a move Albert to Guard thread, but i'm just saying what if.

:spock::spock::spock::spock::spock::spock::spock::spock:

RustShack
10-10-2009, 09:09 PM
:spock::spock::spock::spock::spock::spock::spock::spock:

Albert is struggling, hes not a Haley or Pioli pick, and LT is one of the few positions worth a top pick. Drafting a LT is a realistic possibility.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 09:10 PM
No one is the prospect that Jason Smith was last year.

Okung's a good player, but I don't think he's a special prospect. I doubt that he gets grades as good as Monroe did.

RustShack
10-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Thank you Hamas, I don't really think hes an elite type guy either. 6-5 300 pounds is OK, but I don't think thats great size either.

Mecca
10-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Wait till some of the Iowa fans want us to draft Bulaga.

Coach
10-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Albert is struggling, hes not a Haley or Pioli pick, and LT is one of the few positions worth a top pick. Drafting a LT is a realistic possibility.

The LT is the least of my concerns. The Chiefs need to go towards defense, as many draft guru's in here have stated that 2010 NFL Draft is deep in defense.

So the Chiefs need to get a NT, LB's and S's. They can find some O-Linemen either at later rounds or through the FA.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 09:14 PM
I would really like to see us take a long hard look at O'Dowd from USC if he is there with Atl's 2nd rounder.

RustShack
10-10-2009, 09:14 PM
The LT is the least of my concerns. The Chiefs need to go towards defense, as many draft guru's in here have stated that 2010 NFL Draft is deep in defense.

So the Chiefs need to get a NT, LB's and S's. They can find some O-Linemen either at later rounds or through the FA.

I totally agree. I think our first pick HAS to be someone like Mays. In the second round I think we need a rushbacker. A NT would be great too with our other second round pick, but I'm also completely fine with another Olinemen there too.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 09:15 PM

Fuck that cocksucker.

Mecca
10-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I would really like to see us take a long hard look at O'Dowd from USC if he is there with Atl's 2nd rounder.

I've seen him projected as a late first rounder if he comes out so I doubt that's an option.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Thank you Hamas, I don't really think hes an elite type guy either. 6-5 300 pounds is OK, but I don't think thats great size either.

It's not bad size. Realistically, your LT should be the second smallest guy on your line. If he's Jonathan Ogden or Bill Roaf, that's great, but he doesn't have to be.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 09:18 PM
I've seen him projected as a late first rounder if he comes out so I doubt that's an option.

He was there with our 2nd pick in the last Walter Mock, so take it for what you will.

RustShack
10-10-2009, 09:18 PM
It's not bad size. Realistically, your LT should be the second smallest guy on your line. If he's Jonathan Ogden or Bill Roaf, that's great, but he doesn't have to be.

I know exactly what your saying, but if hes a top 5 pick I'd like him to be one of those guys.

Mecca
10-10-2009, 09:21 PM
He was there with our 2nd pick in the last Walter Mock, so take it for what you will.

He'll be the top interior line prospect should he declare, the issue is I could easily see one of the playoff teams grabbing him at the end.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 09:27 PM
He'll be the top interior line prospect should he declare, the issue is I could easily see one of the playoff teams grabbing him at the end.

He'd be a good fit for Baltimore or Pitt, no doubt.

Kyle DeLexus
10-10-2009, 09:49 PM
He'd be a good fit for Baltimore or Pitt, no doubt.

Yeah I really don't see him falling past Pitt honestly

DumbHillbillies
10-10-2009, 10:06 PM

Oh please, God no. I sick of all this shuffling around, albert was fine last year he will adjust to the new scheme. If he doesn't that's a coaching/development problem. I like them to draft the best playmaker available. That what this teams needs is someone who can make BIG plays either offense or defense.

RustShack
10-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Oh please, God no. I sick of all this shuffling around, albert was fine last year he will adjust to the new scheme. If he doesn't that's a coaching/development problem. I like them to draft the best playmaker available. That what this teams needs is someone who can make BIG plays either offense or defense.

I think I've pointed out multiple times in this thread that I don't want the Chiefs to draft a LT...

CaliforniaChief
10-10-2009, 10:18 PM

I'd rather have Clayborn. Oh yeah, we have a DE.

The_Doctor10
10-10-2009, 11:17 PM

Just like this off-season, eh?

I'm only kinda joking; I really doubt Pioli would be stupid enough to do the same thing twice. Maybe this season really is a throwaway 'let's see what we really have' deal

ForeverChiefs58
10-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Just wait. With our o-line, our QB will struggle to throw for 100 yards and people will start screaming we need to get the next can't miss QB when we pick top 3 again.

ForeverChiefs58
10-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Whoever we pick, I just want to at least notice he plays on sundays. This years head scratching pick, I have had to check after each game just to see if the @%$ even played. Oh yeah, he is one of those awesome players you don't even notice he plays. I'll take a great player that actually makes plays anyday.

RustShack
10-10-2009, 11:44 PM
It takes three years for Dlinemen...

kysirsoze
10-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Whoever we pick, I just want to at least notice he plays on sundays. This years head scratching pick, I have had to check after each game just to see if the @%$ even played. Oh yeah, he is one of those awesome players you don't even notice he plays. I'll take a great player that actually makes plays anyday.

I totally understand the frustration and impatience and I'm not saying the guy is going to be Richard Seymour, but IMO he deserves time to produce even more than Pioli, Haley, or Cassel. It is widely acknowledged it takes at least a year or two for D-Line.

Of course we've been burned before and that was always the excuse.:doh!:

salame
10-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Okung should play like Joe Thomas
better at pass protection than run
but really good at pass protection

KCChiefsMan
10-11-2009, 01:37 AM
I would like to to pick

1. best player besides QB. A player who can be a gamechanger, a super stud
2. O-line
2. O-line
3. O-line

then whatever

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 02:24 AM

Kinda like they are doing this year?

Fuck that.

And if Okung doesn't grade out higher than Albert, I'll eat my shorts. Shit, I just watched Utah and LSU play on Saturday, and both Zane Beadles (who is absolutely dominating people right now and I can't wait for the Utah/TCU game to watch he and Jerry Hughes go at each other) and Ciron Black (who played exceptionally well against Florida - they moved Dunlap away from Black in order to try and get more pass rush (both Spikes and Dunlap finished the game on the left side of the defensive line) would be an immediate upgrade at either tackle spot.

And I like Albert, but there's something wrong right now, and if he doesn't get it fixed, we are going to have to draft a left tackle - apologies to all you people who have recently transferred your draft lust from Sanchez to Berry-Mays.

No, the offensive line, including left tackle, should be at the very top of your worry list if you want the Chiefs to improve this next year. (And so should be the ILB and TE positions.)

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2009, 02:37 AM
Our defense could be made into a legit unit with this draft not to mention OL isnt very deep.
Posted via Mobile Device