PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who would YOU like to see us draft with the first pick?

DBOSHO
10-11-2009, 03:03 PM
My vote goes to eric berry or taylor mays. Our safety play is absolutely terrible

if i had my way id trade up to get both of em, but im not playing madden.

There are WAYYYYY to many holes in this team but we need a safety

FloridaMan88
10-11-2009, 03:05 PM
A franchise caliber left tackle.

TrickyNicky
Gresham or Tebow

unothadeal
Let's go D-line again.

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Eric Berry

BigVE
10-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Does it really matter? We need 10 number one pics.

tyler360
10-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Mays or Berry are the two best options for us

Window Licking Whiner
10-11-2009, 03:08 PM
WE NEED AN OLINE!!~@!

OL
OL
OL
OL
Safety
OL

Oh and OLINE!!!!

Fairplay
10-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Offensive line.

The season is over. Let's face it.

Senerio: Get top three pick in draft and trade down. Get 2 offensive linemen and a safety/corner with top 3 picks.

Dayze
10-11-2009, 03:10 PM
a can't miss LT. (yeah yeah...I know....'no such thing')

otherwise Mays or Berry

RustShack
10-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Mays.

Hog's Gone Fishin
Someone thats not a retart for once!

SDChiefs
Can you draft a GM or HC? Im not sure if you can. But if you can, I go that route.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm sure we'll take someone like Terrance Cody...

chiefs1111
10-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I want a play maker thats what. but iam sure we will take a center or something

okiedokieokoye
10-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Someone thats not a retart for once!

retart? Is that like a poptart? Dumbass...

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 03:15 PM
My vote goes to eric berry or taylor mays. Our safety play is absolutely terrible

if i had my way id trade up to get both of em, but im not playing madden.

There are WAYYYYY to many holes in this team but we need a safety

You've seen the offensive line play I take it? I mean, have you? And you think that safety would be a better option for this team?

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 03:16 PM
You've seen the offensive line play I take it? I mean, have you? And you think that safety would be a better option for this team?

yes and god knows you can only find offensive lineman in the 1st round

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 03:16 PM
retart? Is that like a poptart? Dumbass...

n00b, FAIL

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 03:17 PM
yes and god knows you can only find offensive lineman in the 1st round

Right...not like the safety position though, huh?

Titty Meat
10-11-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm sure we'll take someone like Terrance Cody...

Is that a bad thing?

The Bad Guy
10-11-2009, 03:19 PM

Yeah, I have, and I'd take the game-breaking safety every fucking time this year.

Eric Berry and Taylor Mays are rare, rare talents. Where is the franchise LT in this draft? No one even compares to Jason Smith, who is being used as a RT in St. Louis.

I hate this fucking bullshit nonsense that people think we have to just take offensive line, talent be damned with our first pick. Okung is not a franchise LT.

This line can be rebuilt with picks in the 2-4th rounds.

You aren't drafting an Eric Berry there.

The Bad Guy
10-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Is that a bad thing?

I'd say so.

He's not a dominant NT.

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I have, and I'd take the game-breaking safety every ****ing time this year.

Eric Berry and Taylor Mays are rare, rare talents. Where is the franchise LT in this draft? No one even compares to Jason Smith, who is being used as a RT in St. Louis.

I hate this ****ing bullshit nonsense that people think we have to just take offensive line, talent be damned with our first pick. Okung is not a franchise LT.

This.... rep

Titty Meat
10-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Pioli will prolly draft Suh lol

KChiefs1
10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Can you draft a GM or HC? Im not sure if you can. But if you can, I go that route.

Carl you need to move on.ROFL

kcjayhawks5
10-11-2009, 03:26 PM
playmaker. someone who does more good than bad. i dont care who.

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 03:27 PM

yeah this rebuild isn't working... let's start over again... maybe Jesus is available.... oops nevermind Jesus is playing LB for the Seahawks my bad :D

rrl308
10-11-2009, 03:28 PM
A running back.

58kcfan89
Yeah, I have, and I'd take the game-breaking safety every ****ing time this year.

I hate this ****ing bullshit nonsense that people think we have to just take offensive line, talent be damned with our first pick. Okung is not a franchise LT.

This. Thank you. If our Safeties knew how to get an angle on a ball-carrier, maybe we win today against Dallas. There are good OL in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th rounds...

I couldn't see it well but I remember at least one play where Albert made a great block on Ware (I know there was at least one play where he didn't touch Ware, as well so don't bother pointing it out). Hopefully he is healthy and can have a solid end to the season, cause the last thing we need is to create another hole in this team.

Saccopoo

I'm assuming that you didn't see the statistics of how many times our QB was hit and/or sacked on drop backs today.

Uh, yeah, he is. All day long. Prototype for the position. I beg you to find a better left tackle prospect than Okung in this next draft. Dare you to. Doubl...no, Triple Dog dare you.

Interior wise it can. Guys like Black, Beadles, and the like will be there around the top of round two. However, guys like Sam Young and Russ Okung will not.

You would be if you picked Myron Rolle.

MikeMaslowski
Maybe we can draft a 3 year special teams starter!

Oh wait....

BryanBusby
10-11-2009, 03:29 PM
The wishlist in the first round should start and end with Eric Berry.

MikeMaslowski
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM
We should find a tight end from Cal that plays basketball too....

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM
yeah this rebuild isn't working... let's start over again... maybe Jesus is available.... oops nevermind Jesus is playing LB for the Seahawks my bad :D

I wonder when this douchebag level reference is going to play itself out?

But I'm sure that you are just fine with Derrick Johnson right?

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I wonder when this douchebag level reference is going to play itself out?

But I'm sure that you are just fine with Derrick Johnson right?

DJ is exactly who I think of when i think of Curry thanks.....

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 03:33 PM
DJ is exactly who I think of when i think of Curry thanks.....

Which is probably why you aren't a NFL scout, but rather play one on the intranets.

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 03:35 PM
I never said I was an NFL scout... but having two overpaid LB's on the team instead of one wouldn't help this team out all that much

BigMeatballDave
10-11-2009, 03:38 PM
TebowLMAO I hope thats a joke.

Bowser
10-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I hope we manipulate the space/time continuum, and have 22 first round picks that all can start next year.

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I never said I was an NFL scout... but having two overpaid LB's on the team instead of one wouldn't help this team out all that much

I know you aren't. But you are continuing to pull out that overused "Jesus Curry" bullshit that all the Sanchezite leghumpers used for six months going up to the draft. Which means, you are completely and utterly satisfied with having an underachieving, inconsistent pouter versus a guy that will play, can shed blocks, make tackles and be consistent all game long. And now you are doing the same thing with the safety position, especially compared to something like left offensive tackle.

I can't wait to see what biblical reference Okung gets labeled with over the next ten months in an effort to try to discredit him so that your boy Berry gets all the CP love that he can.

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 03:42 PM

And having the highest paid safety in the NFL will?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Uh, yeah, he is. All day long. Prototype for the position. I beg you to find a better left tackle prospect than Okung in this next draft. Dare you to. Doubl...no, Triple Dog dare you..

Holy fuck.

So, if Brian Orakpo is the best pass rusher in the draft, we should take him because he's the best? If he's not worthy of the draft position, then you shouldn't draft him there.

Okung was a lesser prospect than Jason Smith, Monroe, Andre Smith, and Oher in the 2009 draft.

He may go higher, it doesn't mean he's a better prospect.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Which is probably why you aren't a NFL scout, but rather play one on the intranets.

Go to NFL.com and look at Aaron Curry's draft sheet. Look under "Compares to:"

Then, shut the fuck up.

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 03:46 PM
if that safety is a fucking playmaker then hell fucking yes....

TrickyNicky
10-11-2009, 03:46 PM
LMAO I hope thats a joke.

Laughter is all we have right now.

MikeMaslowski
10-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Laughter is what we are right now.

FYP

Fairplay
10-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Mecca will be able to tell us who to pick.

ThunderChief
10-11-2009, 03:50 PM
A franchise caliber left tackle.

Yep. Move Albert to OG and build that protection wall. The Oline is the foundation.

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Holy ****.

So, if Brian Orakpo is the best pass rusher in the draft, we should take him because he's the best? If he's not worthy of the draft position, then you shouldn't draft him there.

Okung was a lesser prospect than Jason Smith, Monroe, Andre Smith, and Oher in the 2009 draft.

He may go higher, it doesn't mean he's a better prospect.

I like Oher, but Okung is most assuredly a better prospect that Smith, Monroe and Smith. He can play the run and pass with equal adroitness, has a nice punch and excellent footwork. He's pretty even-keeled in terms of physical build, with strength in both halves of his body. He is absolutely prototype in terms of what the NFL wants in a left tackle. And as such, he is a substantially better value in terms of position versus the safety position.

Look, I like Berry and Mays a lot. But this line is so completely fubar, and it's apparent that Albert is not a left tackle.

If you draft Berry or Mays with your #1, that means that you are satisfied with Albert at tackle, or think that you can get someone to play the LOT position in the second round and beyond. If that's the case, I'd like to know who that person is in your estimation. (I know who I think could do it very effectively, and that's Zane Beadles. He's been absolutely killing people this year and has excellent footwork, strength, etc. I'll wait until Utah and TCU play this year for final proof against a top notch rush end in Jerry Hughes, but I think he's legit. I also like Ciron Black from LSU. However, I think that both would be even better at right tackle than left.)

BryanBusby
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
If you draft Berry or Mays with your #1, that means that you are satisfied with Albert at tackle, or think that you can get someone to play the LOT position in the second round and beyond.

Wut? Also wutting over Okung being a better prospect than Jason Smith.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 04:21 PM
I like Oher, but Okung is most assuredly a better prospect that Smith, Monroe and Smith. He can play the run and pass with equal adroitness, has a nice punch and excellent footwork. He's pretty even-keeled in terms of physical build, with strength in both halves of his body. He is absolutely prototype in terms of what the NFL wants in a left tackle. And as such, he is a substantially better value in terms of position versus the safety position.

This is completely false

KCBOSS1
10-11-2009, 05:03 PM
I want a play maker thats what. but iam sure we will take a center or something

This next year...some offensive lineman as well as a few free agent offensive linemen... Next year, Ryan Mallett from Arkansas. 6'7" beast arm, competitor, smart kid. Move Cassel to a nice safe back-up.

SAUTO
10-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I have, and I'd take the game-breaking safety every fucking time this year.

I hate this fucking bullshit nonsense that people think we have to just take offensive line, talent be damned with our first pick. Okung is not a franchise LT.

REP

Ebolapox
10-11-2009, 05:13 PM
jesus tits, since when is it a good idea to get a LT from the spread offense?

The Bad Guy
10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm assuming that you didn't see the statistics of how many times our QB was hit and/or sacked on drop backs today.

Uh, yeah, he is. All day long. Prototype for the position. I beg you to find a better left tackle prospect than Okung in this next draft. Dare you to. Doubl...no, Triple Dog dare you.

Interior wise it can. Guys like Black, Beadles, and the like will be there around the top of round two. However, guys like Sam Young and Russ Okung will not.

You would be if you picked Myron Rolle.

Are you serious? Miles Austin had 250 yards receiving a large part due to our horrible safeties taking horrid angles.

I'm not debating that Okung is the best LT prospect in this DRAFT. I am debating that it's worth taking him in the top 5 when he's not a Joe Thomas. He's not a slam dunk OT.

Eric Berry and Taylor Mays are about as can't miss studs as you can get.

Noss
10-11-2009, 05:57 PM
A new owner who wants to win by keeping out of the way by letting professionals run the show.

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Go to NFL.com and look at Aaron Curry's draft sheet. Look under "Compares to:"

Then, shut the **** up.

I'm sorry Hamas. I didn't know that the "compares to" suggestion on a draft site meant that he is just exactly like that guy. Clone.

I know that he played the same position as Johnson. Similar with regard to size, speed, etc.

What are you trying to say anyway?

Fuck dude. Take a Zoloft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm sorry Hamas. I didn't know that the "compares to" suggestion on a draft site meant that he is just exactly like that guy. Clone.

I know that he played the same position as Johnson. Similar with regard to size, speed, etc.

What are you trying to say anyway?

Fuck dude. Take a Zoloft.

You were bashing someone for being an internet draft guru for comparing DJ to Curry, when the NFL's own website compares him to DJ.

LiL stumppy
10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Gresham or Tebow

Tebow? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?:spock:

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Are you serious? Miles Austin had 250 yards receiving a large part due to our horrible safeties taking horrid angles.

Austin had 250 yards because they put Leggett on an island. This has been happening since the preseason. He's getting torched every single game. The safeties are in a double jeopardy situation as our linebackers, particularly the ILB/MLB postions are struggling in space and coverage and finding the ball. The middle is open, and teams are running slants and crossing routes over the middle to take advantage of that. It was something that was effective early in the season so our safeties are staying tighter on the inside to protect against that. But that means that they are using three receiver sets to get to our backup secondary players, especially to isolate them on the outside away from the saftey help that's been forced to stay inside to help out the middle. Now, do you let the safeties fall off that so that they can zone on the outside so when Leggett misses a tackle - again, which then opens the up the inside? It's a Catch 22.

And realizing this, what's more important? Better safeties? Better depth at corner? Or better inside linebackers?

I'm not debating that Okung is the best LT prospect in this DRAFT. I am debating that it's worth taking him in the top 5 when he's not a Joe Thomas. He's not a slam dunk OT.

Says who? Everything that I've read and seen (three OSU games the past two seasons) basically indicates that he's everything that you look for in a NFL LT.

Eric Berry and Taylor Mays are about as can't miss studs as you can get.

Even if they are, it still doesn't address the quarterback protection problem, which is obviously the biggest problem with the Chiefs right now. So, I ask again - if you take Berry or Mays, how do you address the problems on the offensive line? If you take Berry or Mays rather than, say, Okung, what's your solution for our offensive line? Are you happy with the play of Albert? Waters? Niswanger? Goff? Whatever monkey is at RT?

Mecca
10-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Fuck it we don't need playmakers, we need more no name tough guys that you don't really notice in games.

chiefs1111
10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
We need so many play makers on both sides of the ball....

BryanBusby
10-11-2009, 06:39 PM
**** it we don't need playmakers, we need more no name tough guys that you don't really notice in games.

Now you are a real fan

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 06:42 PM
You were bashing someone for being an internet draft guru for comparing DJ to Curry, when the NFL's own website compares him to DJ.

I was bashing a guy for another passe, idiotic "Jesus Curry" comment. I know that the NFL site compared Curry to Johnson for exactly the same reasons as I stated - size, speed, etc. However, do you really think that means that they are exactly the same player? They do that for the casual, dopey draftnik who doesn't have film to examine, a combine invite, hanging out at the proday, etc., to get some basis for understanding on what that player might be like in the nfl as it relates to a current player that they might have some minor inkling of knowledge about.

milkman
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Austin had 250 yards because they put Leggett on an island. This has been happening since the preseason. He's getting torched every single game. The safeties are in a double jeopardy situation as our linebackers, particularly the ILB/MLB postions are struggling in space and coverage and finding the ball. The middle is open, and teams are running slants and crossing routes over the middle to take advantage of that. It was something that was effective early in the season so our safeties are staying tighter on the inside to protect against that. But that means that they are using three receiver sets to get to our backup secondary players, especially to isolate them on the outside away from the saftey help that's been forced to stay inside to help out the middle. Now, do you let the safeties fall off that so that they can zone on the outside so when Leggett misses a tackle - again, which then opens the up the inside? It's a Catch 22.

And realizing this, what's more important? Better safeties? Better depth at corner? Or better inside linebackers?

Says who? Everything that I've read and seen (three OSU games the past two seasons) basically indicates that he's everything that you look for in a NFL LT.

Even if they are, it still doesn't address the quarterback protection problem, which is obviously the biggest problem with the Chiefs right now. So, I ask again - if you take Berry or Mays, how do you address the problems on the offensive line? If you take Berry or Mays rather than, say, Okung, what's your solution for our offensive line? Are you happy with the play of Albert? Waters? Niswanger? Goff? Whatever monkey is at RT?

If you went into this draft knowing that you could get Mays or Berry in the first and Beadles in the second, would that appease your need to draft an O-Lineman to start on the fix you believe that it needs.

Or are you simply bent on drafting Okung?

The Bad Guy
10-11-2009, 07:14 PM
If you went into this draft knowing that you could get Mays or Berry in the first and Beadles in the second, would that appease your need to draft an O-Lineman to start on the fix you believe that it needs.

Sure sounds like it's hellbent on Okung.

There is no way in this world that Russell Okung is a better prospect than Jason Smith. No how, no way.

alanm
10-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Oh GAWD... Not 6 months of this shit. :banghead::spock:

milkman
10-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Sure sounds like it's hellbent on Okung.

There is no way in this world that Russell Okung is a better prospect than Jason Smith. No how, no way.

The fact is, as much as Albert has been struggling this year, he is in no way the biggest problem on this O-Line.

Even if he's right that Albert is never going to be a top flight LT, (and you know that I disagree) the biggest problm on this O-line starts in the middle.

Niswanger and Goff are just absolutely terrible, and that may be understating it.

If I could get Mays in the first, and Kris O'Dowd in the latter half of the second, with either Beadles, or a Geoge Selvie early in the secnd, that would go a long way to addressing some huge holes on this team.

Mr. Laz
10-11-2009, 07:25 PM
BPA ... the position doesn't really matter because we need help everywhere.

I used to think our secondary was set but not anymore.

Carr should be the nickle and Leggett should be special teams/dime.

milkman
10-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Oh GAWD... Not 6 months of this shit. :banghead::spock:

Yes, 6 months of this shit, and your head is really going to be hurting at the end of that 6 months.

alanm
10-11-2009, 07:27 PM
The fact is, as much as Albert has been struggling this year, he is in no way the biggest problem on this O-Line.

Even if he's right that Albert is never going to be a top flight LT, (and you know that I disagree) the biggest problm on this O-line starts in the middle.

Niswanger and Goff are just absolutely terrible, and that may be understaing it.

If I could get Mays in the first, and Kris O'Dowd in the latter half of the second, with either Beadles, or a Geoge Selvie early in the secnd, that would go a long way to addressing some huge holes on this team.And if the opportunity comes up to grab Jacob Hickman I'm cool with that. :)

milkman
10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
And if the opportunity comes up to grab Jacob Hickman I'm cool with that. :)

Sure.

He'd be a nice UDFA pickup.

:D

Seriuosly though, I haven't watched Nebraska at all this year, so I don't have any real comment on him.

Sam Hall
10-11-2009, 07:47 PM
And if the opportunity comes up to grab Jacob Hickman I'm cool with that. :)

How about Larry Asante. We really might need two safeties given what could happen at that position in the off-season.

Sam Hall
10-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I'm for something that includes Eric Berry in the first round and Ciron Black in the second.

BryanBusby
10-11-2009, 08:36 PM
More underwhelming LSU talent please.

CaliforniaChief
10-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Some of you must believe strongly in the Madden Curse. Make sure we NEVER draft a guy who could be a superstar so we don't have to endure the pain of watching him get killed/injured/full retarded once he goes elite.

I'm not a guy that breaks down tape...but if Mays or Berry is what some of you say they are, I want that. Playmaking safeties are golden. Look at the difference Polamalu makes in Pittsburgh. Oh yeah, and I want a guy back there that makes other guys think they might lose their lives when they run a route across the middle.

And I want to sign Usain Bolt as an UDFA to return kicks.

HolmeZz
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Okung's overrated if he's getting talked about as a top of the draft prospect.

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
As much as our O-Line sucks, we need to go defense in the first 3 rounds. It is freaking stacked with studs, we could really build a strong unit fairly quick. You need a top 5 defense more so than a top 5 OL.

Sam Hall
10-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm hoping they focus on offense in free agency and defense in the draft. I want to draft guys like Berry, Jerry Hughes, Ricky Sapp, George Selvie, Vince Oghobaase, Boo Robinson, Brandon Graham or Eric Norwood.

Mecca
10-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Okung's overrated if he's getting talked about as a top of the draft prospect.

Basically every mock has him as the 1st OT going and it's usually in the 3-8 range.

milkman
10-11-2009, 09:08 PM
As much as our O-Line sucks, we need to go defense in the first 3 rounds. It is freaking stacked with studs, we could really build a strong unit fairly quick. You need a top 5 defense more so than a top 5 OL.

I agree, for the most.

Still, if O'Dowd is there with the Atlanta pick, I'd be extremely hard pressed not to take him.

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I agree, for the most.

Still, if O'Dowd is there with the Atlanta pick, I'd be extremely hard pressed not to take him.

Ciron Black as well. I like those two guys alot.

Mecca
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
O'Dowd is going before the Atlanta pick, he's a late first or early 2nd in my view.

If he declares he's the best interior line prospect.

ForeverChiefs58
10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
If we can somehow get the first 20 picks in the first round, we might be able to build a team.

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM

No, but I am worried about the Chiefs missing out on potential players on the offensive line later on in the draft, so getting Okung in the first round would be ideal in that at least he gives them a top flight left tackle which would slide Albert inside and give them some degree of solidity. (I guess that after this past draft, I'm a little of the "once bitten, twice shy" concept.)

I think that Berry is one of the best players in this upcoming draft. Maybe even the best. His numbers and play on the field have so far indicated that. But it's glaringly obvious that the Chiefs have serious problems on the offensive line, and he doesn't help them with that and that is a relatively big deal in terms of where this team is and what it needs to be even remotely competitive. (As an example, Nnamdi Asomugha is considered one of, if not the best cornerback in the NFL, and it doesn't seem to help the Raiders much. However, I do think that safeties play a more important role in terms of overall contribution than a cornerback.)

The problem I see is that outside of Okung, I don't think that there are any real "sure things" in this draft in terms of a starting left tackle. (And as I said previously, after five games this season, Albert just doesn't seem to be getting it.) I think Beadles is showing a lot of what you want in a left tackle in terms of footwork and agility, and the TCU game this year will be a good gauge of how he'll handle a more mature and confident Jerry Hughes, but outside of him and potentially Sam Young of Notre Dame, Trent Williams of OU, Bryan Bulaga of Iowa (whose kinda meh to me at the moment) and Ciron Black of LSU (who I like and think would be a killer RT at the next level), there's not much to get really excited about in terms of that position.

I just don't know. I'd really like Berry, but I'd be worried about the state of the offensive line if they picked him. It's kind of a "what if" situation. If they don't pick Berry, there are some decent safeties out there like Myron Rolle, Darrell Stuckey and the like. As well, what about Dajuan Morgan? I mean, there were a lot of people around here that liked Morgan.

Picking Okung allows you to move Albert around and helps the line get better at two positions. Picking Berry doesn't, and that's basically what it comes down to.

notorious
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
If we can somehow get the first 20 picks in the first round, we might be able to build a team.

We still have some horrible coaching (not saying Haley, yet) that would ruin them quickly.

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2009, 09:45 PM

And realizing this, what's more important? Better safeties? Better depth at corner? Or better inside linebackers? And you don't need to burn your first for that.

Our offensive tackles aren't the problem. We saw that today when Smith went in for Albert. It's a part of the problem, but a very small part of it. Upgrading the Tackles would be nice, but it's very low on the priority list.

We need a solid Guard and Center. If you get significant upgrades at both positions, this offensive line does a complete 180. And you don't burn a first for that. Use it on a playmaker.

Mecca
10-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Don't use the Raiders as an example if they had a competent QB they'd win 8-10 games.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Don't use the Raiders as an example if they had a competent QB they'd win 8-10 games.

Gradowski could win 5, easily

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2009, 09:48 PM

Maybe the NFL will find pity and give us a few extra pics

El Chapo
10-11-2009, 09:50 PM
The Chiefs need more field niggers.

milkman
10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
No, but I am worried about the Chiefs missing out on potential players on the offensive line later on in the draft, so getting Okung in the first round would be ideal in that at least he gives them a top flight left tackle which would slide Albert inside and give them some degree of solidity. (I guess that after this past draft, I'm a little of the "once bitten, twice shy" concept.)

I think that Berry is one of the best players in this upcoming draft. Maybe even the best. His numbers and play on the field have so far indicated that. But it's glaringly obvious that the Chiefs have serious problems on the offensive line, and he doesn't help them with that and that is a relatively big deal in terms of where this team is and what it needs to be even remotely competitive. (As an example, Nnamdi Asomugha is considered one of, if not the best cornerback in the NFL, and it doesn't seem to help the Raiders much. However, I do think that safeties play a more important role in terms of overall contribution than a cornerback.)

The problem I see is that outside of Okung, I don't think that there are any real "sure things" in this draft in terms of a starting left tackle. (And as I said previously, after five games this season, Albert just doesn't seem to be getting it.) I think Beadles is showing a lot of what you want in a left tackle in terms of footwork and agility, and the TCU game this year will be a good gauge of how he'll handle a more mature and confident Jerry Hughes, but outside of him and potentially Sam Young of Notre Dame, Trent Williams of OU, Bryan Bulaga of Iowa (whose kinda meh to me at the moment) and Ciron Black of LSU (who I like and think would be a killer RT at the next level), there's not much to get really excited about in terms of that position.

I just don't know. I'd really like Berry, but I'd be worried about the state of the offensive line if they picked him. It's kind of a "what if" situation. If they don't pick Berry, there are some decent safeties out there like Myron Rolle, Darrell Stuckey and the like. As well, what about Dajuan Morgan? I mean, there were a lot of people around here that liked Morgan.

Picking Okung allows you to move Albert around and helps the line get better at two positions. Picking Berry doesn't, and that's basically what it comes down to.

First, thanks for the reply.

Second. I'm not ready to give up on Albert yet, because I've seen him as a LT prospect before anyone else started looking at him as one.

I'm seeing a guy that played well last year, that was dominating, even in the first four games before the Chiefs went to the spread, on athletic ability alone, who is now struggling with scheme, technique, and weight loss.

I've been saying that with the changes, with learning technique, that he would struggle early in this season, and possibly into the 6th or 7th game.

But even should he struggle longer, I think the biggest problem with this team is a lack of playmakers, lack of pass rush, and the interior line.

That's the areas I would like to focus on.

Taking Mays (or Berry) in the forst round gives us a playmaker on defnse that we desperately need, and addressing the O-Line in the first round simply because you fear the failures of the past to address and fill the needs on O-Line in the mid rounds and later is reactionary, and non productive.

Every good O-Line is built in the mid rounds and later.

ForeverChiefs58
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Maybe the NFL will find pity and give us a few extra pics

This is as bad a team as I can remember the chiefs having. This team needs everything or a coaching staff that can learn to polish turds.

ForeverChiefs58
10-11-2009, 10:02 PM
First, thanks for the reply.

Second. I'm not ready to give up on Albert yet, because I've seen him as a LT prospect before anyone else started looking at him as one.

I'm seeing a guy that played well last year, that was dominating, even in the first four games before the Chiefs went to the spread, on athletic ability alone, who is now struggling with scheme, technique, and weight loss.

I've been saying that with the changes, with learning technique, that he would struggle early in this season, and possibly into the 6th or 7th game.

But even should he struggle longer, I think the biggest problem with this team is a lack of playmakers, lack of pass rush, and the interior line.

That's the areas I would like to focus on.

Taking Mays (or Berry) in the forst round gives us a playmaker on defnse that we desperately need, and addressing the O-Line in the first round simply because you fear the failures of the past to address and fill the needs on O-Line in the mid rounds and later is reactionary, and non productive.

Yes. This team needs to get playmakers to get out of this. Mays or Berry would fill a huge void of putting a playmaker were the chiefs haven't had one in too long.

FloridaMan88
10-11-2009, 10:16 PM

This way of thinking has gotten the Chiefs in the mess they are currently in with the offensive line.

They have thought they can just find guys in the later rounds, pull guys out of the trash heap/NFL Europe/undrafted free agents, etc. and plug them in.

For every one Brian Waters, you get 5 Will Sviteks with this low % approach for building a great offensive line.

Mecca
10-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Go through each of the top teams OL's you will find very few 1st round picks and you will never find more than 1 top 15 pick...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
The Chiefs need more field ****ers.

Oh for fuck's sake...someone get this shit goblin out of here.

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Ok, going with Direkshun's concept that he laid out in the Draft Planet '10 mock recently, here's two potential scenarios. One with the safety as the first pick and one without:

My potential '10 draft:

1. Russ Okung, OT; OSU
2. Kris O'Dowd, C; USC
2. George Selvie, DE/OLB; USF
3. Dennis Pitta, TE; BYU
4. Joe Pawelek, ILB; Baylor
5. Myron Rolle, S; FSU
5. Brandon James, WR/RB/PR/KR; UF

My bowing to Milkman's assumption that something in Brandon Albert clicks and he gets it again draft:

1. Eric Berry, S; Tenn
2. Eric Norwood, DE/OLB; SC
2. Zane Beadles, OT; Utah
3. Eric Decker, WR; Minn.
4. John Estes, C; Hawaii
5. Dennis Landolt, OL; Penn St.
5. Pat Angerer, ILB; Iowa

The Jason Whitlock "Get something for Glen Dorsey" draft:

1. Ndamukong Suh, DT/DE; Neb.
2. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE; TCU
2. Boo Robinson, DT; Wake Forest
3. Matt Tenant, C; BC
4. Micah Johnson, ILB; Kentucky
5. Jordan Shipley, WR; Texas
5. Ben Ossai, OT; Wash

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Looks like somebody is a MWC Utah homer.

Bowser
10-11-2009, 11:15 PM
If we take another goddamned defensive tackle with our first next year, I may spontaneously combust.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 11:17 PM
I really don't want us to draft a TE, unless Gresham has some kind of precipitous drop down the boards.

Saccopoo
10-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Oh, I forgot the kowtow to Mecca/Hamas draft:

1. Taylor Mays, S; USC
2. Kris O'Dowd, C; USC
2. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB; Texas
3. Sergio Render, OG; VT
4. Ed Dickson, TE; Oregon
5. Chris Marinelli, OT; Stanford
5. Jeff Byers, OG; USC

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2009, 11:20 PM
This way of thinking has gotten the Chiefs in the mess they are currently in with the offensive line.

They have thought they can just find guys in the later rounds, pull guys out of the trash heap/NFL Europe/undrafted free agents, etc. and plug them in.

For every one Brian Waters, you get 5 Will Sviteks with this low % approach for building a great offensive line.

Nobody is saying wait until the 4th round, which is the mistake the Chiefs have made time and time again.

You can get the top center or Guard on the board in the early second. And there's still a lot of top talent in the third round.

The Chiefs have pretty much passed on linemen in the first 3 rounds almost every year.

'Hamas' Jenkins

1. Taylor Mays, S; USC
2. Kris O'Dowd, C; USC
3. Sergio Render, OG; VT
5. Jeff Byers, OG; USC

Fuck off. I've mentioned three of those players.

Saccopoo
Looks like somebody is a MWC Utah homer.

Not really. Go watch a Utah game sometime. Beadles is absolutely killing people this year. Great footwork, is downright nasty can just drive people all over the field. And Pitta is the second best TE in this draft. Period. That ain't being a homer, that's calling 'em as I sees 'em.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 11:22 PM
FWIW, I posted this in Direckshun Planet the other day:

1) Mays (it's basically like you have 12 players on D when one guy can take away the deep middle) S
2) Benn WR
2) O'Dowd C
3) Brandon Lang DE/OLB
4) Dan Williams NT
5) Dexter Davis DE/OLB
6) Micah Johnson ILB
7) Spent on Jake O'Fucktard

I'm assuming the Thigpen and Eat Dookie trade was a wash.

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Nobody is saying wait until the 4th round, which is the mistake the Chiefs have made time and time again.

You can get the top center or Guard on the board in the early second. And there's still a lot of top talent in the third round.

The Chiefs have pretty much passed on linemen in the first 3 rounds almost every year.

Take Berry or Mays in the first, and then o-line, o-line in round 2.

Probably wouldn't be too much complaining around here on draft day.

ForeverChiefs58
10-11-2009, 11:31 PM

1. Taylor Mays, S; USC
2. Kris O'Dowd, C; USC
3. Sergio Render, OG; VT
5. Jeff Byers, OG; USC

This looks great to me!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Take Berry or Mays in the first, and then o-line, o-line in round 2.

Probably wouldn't be too much complaining around here on draft day.

With the first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Kansas City Chiefs select....

Terrance Cody, NT, Alabama

With the 33rd pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select....

Corey Wooten, DE, Northwestern

With the 55th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select....

Jared Odrick, DE, Penn State

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Wa-Z
10-11-2009, 11:37 PM
why is it when we get a top 3 pick there is no franchise olineman available??

WildTurkey
10-12-2009, 12:30 AM
FWIW, I posted this in Direckshun Planet the other day:

1) Mays (it's basically like you have 12 players on D when one guy can take away the deep middle) S
2) Benn WR
2) O'Dowd C
3) Brandon Lang DE/OLB
4) Dan Williams NT
5) Dexter Davis DE/OLB
6) Micah Johnson ILB
7) Spent on Jake O'****tard

I'm assuming the Thigpen and Eat Dookie trade was a wash.

I like the Benn pick in the 2nd... I would swap Berry for Mays... but that's really splitting hairs as both would be equally good picks

Red Dawg
10-12-2009, 05:19 AM
My vote goes to anybody that will help this team move the chains. That can be line, wr or whoever. Our offense is just pitiful to watch.

EyePod
10-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Offensive line.

The season is over. Let's face it.

Senerio: Get top three pick in draft and trade down. Get 2 offensive linemen and a safety/corner with top 3 picks.

There's no way we trade down, ever. We better just take an RT with our 2nd rounder. And we better take an impact player (not a defensive lineman) at the top. Probably a great S, but we also need some huge LB... UGHHHHH

eazyb81
10-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Ok, going with Direkshun's concept that he laid out in the Draft Planet '10 mock recently, here's two potential scenarios. One with the safety as the first pick and one without:

My potential '10 draft:

1. Russ Okung, OT; OSU
2. Kris O'Dowd, C; USC
2. George Selvie, DE/OLB; USF
3. Dennis Pitta, TE; BYU
4. Joe Pawelek, ILB; Baylor
5. Myron Rolle, S; FSU
5. Brandon James, WR/RB/PR/KR; UF

My bowing to Milkman's assumption that something in Brandon Albert clicks and he gets it again draft:

1. Eric Berry, S; Tenn
2. Eric Norwood, DE/OLB; SC
2. Zane Beadles, OT; Utah
3. Eric Decker, WR; Minn.
4. John Estes, C; Hawaii
5. Dennis Landolt, OL; Penn St.
5. Pat Angerer, ILB; Iowa

The Jason Whitlock "Get something for Glen Dorsey" draft:

1. Ndamukong Suh, DT/DE; Neb.
2. Jerry Hughes, OLB/DE; TCU
2. Boo Robinson, DT; Wake Forest
3. Matt Tenant, C; BC
4. Micah Johnson, ILB; Kentucky
5. Jordan Shipley, WR; Texas
5. Ben Ossai, OT; Wash

I like the Eric Norwood and Jerry Hughes picks. Berry and Mays are great players, but we need a legit edge rusher at OLB more than we need a safety (although not making excuses for our safeties, they are terrible).

If we could find a way to take Berry in the 1st, and then use our two 2nds on an OLB and OT, we would be in good shape.