PDA

View Full Version : Football Derrick Johnson

Bowser
10-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I was in and out of watching the game, but what exactly is the deal here with him riding the bench? I thought he might have been inactive, but I thought I saw him lining up for a kickoff. He's no world beater, but there is no way in hell that Corey Mays and Gilberry give the defense more of a chance to win, right? So what's the story? Haley trying to show him what being one of the "right guys" is?

Reerun_KC
10-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Who?

StcChief
10-11-2009, 03:07 PM
exactly... the constantly changing team to find the "right 53" no wonder we can't win.

pr_capone
Who?

ROFL

Bowser
Who?

Exactly

kcpasco
10-11-2009, 03:08 PM
DJ must have taken a shit in Haleys lunchbox or something

But he needs to get over it and put him back on the field

WildTurkey
I was in and out of watching the game, but what exactly is the deal here with him riding the bench? I thought he might have been inactive, but I thought I saw him lining up for a kickoff. He's no world beater, but there is no way in hell that Corey Mays and Gilberry give the defense more of a chance to win, right? So what's the story? Haley trying to show him what being one of the "right guys" is?

Because he isn't very good?

KCUnited
Gilberry, while shitting, isn't a LB.

kysirsoze
exactly... the constantly changing team to find the "right 53" no wonder we can't win.

I thought it was interesting that Aikman backed Haley and Pioli's shifting roster saying that they did that his first year in Dallas when they were trying to overhaul. New guys every week.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-11-2009, 03:09 PM
This is one thing that has me concerned about this coaching staff. Johnson should be an every down linebacker and haley is too fucking arrogant to let him play. Ther has to be something else like maybe he caught Johnson giving his wife the dirty Sanchez or something.

Bowser
10-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Because he isn't very good?Yeah, that was covered.

Gilberry, while shitting, isn't a LB.Ah, hell. Wrong no-name turd. Who is the other no-name turd I'm thinking of that comes in at ILB?

chiefs1111
poop

Rain Man
I figure if he was playing well enough to start, he'd be starting.

Reerun_KC
I thought it was interesting that Aikman backed Haley and Pioli's shifting roster saying that they did that his first year in Dallas when they were trying to overhaul. New guys every week.

What does Aikman know about winning?

tboss27
10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Don't get me started

KCUnited
10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Gilberry, while shitting, isn't a LB.
lol, shitting. You're thinking Belcher.

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 03:13 PM

I know... they should just stick with the same shitty 53 every week...:shake:

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 03:14 PM

He's never been anything special. Now all of a sudden people are demanding he start on the 28th ranked D in the league.

morphius
10-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I don't think they are willing to give the guy a shot because they don't want to reward a guy who decided to try and slack off, and then gets a nagging injury because he wasn't willing to work as hard as everyone else.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 03:15 PM

Like Brown, Goff, Niswanger, et. al?

chiefs1111
10-11-2009, 03:16 PM
If they aren't going to play him than trade him.

BigRedChief
10-11-2009, 03:16 PM
This is one thing that has me concerned about this coaching staff. Johnson should be an every down linebacker and haley is too ****ing arrogant to let him play. Ther has to be something else like maybe he caught Johnson giving his wife the dirty Sanchez or something.
He has went to the Dr. twice in the last two weeks with complaints of a back issue. No issues of any kind found. The chiefs think that DJ is faking an injury as a delaying tactic for following the guidelines of the coaching staff. He's fighting the coaching staff because of his bruised ego about being demoted.

Dayze
10-11-2009, 03:17 PM
while DJ has skills etc....he hasn't produced in his career. Period.

we ahve a love fest for DJ (this isn't a jab at the poster etc), but the bottome line is DJ is average at best.

I'm fine with him being out if he isn't producing.

Fairplay
10-11-2009, 03:20 PM
while DJ has skills etc....he hasn't produced in his career. Period.

we ahve a love fest for DJ (this isn't a jab at the poster etc), but the bottome line is DJ is average at best.

I'm fine with him being out if he isn't producing.

I agree.

Maybe it takes this to get his head out of his butt. He has potential.

I am really disappointed in a lot of our number one picks.

kysirsoze
10-11-2009, 03:21 PM
What does Aikman know about winning?

Good Point. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

tboss27
10-11-2009, 03:26 PM
"knicked up today" That was Haley when asked about DJ

notorious
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM

With this regime, I just don't know.

Rain Man
10-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Like Brown, Goff, Niswanger, et. al?

Good point. "Well" is a relative term. Maybe I should have said, "If he was rolling around the field on his squeaky cart slightly less horrifically than the other legless Indian beggars rolling themselves around the field on squeaky carts, then he'd be starting."

BigRedChief
10-11-2009, 03:38 PM
"knicked up today" That was Haley when asked about DJNFLPA rules. A player says he's injured and doesn't want to play, you can't force him to play.

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 03:42 PM
This is one thing that has me concerned about this coaching staff. Johnson should be an every down linebacker and haley is too fucking arrogant to let him play. Ther has to be something else like maybe he caught Johnson giving his wife the dirty Sanchez or something.

And which of Johnson's all-pro years leading up to this one make you believe that?

Johnson has underperformed his entire career. He either needs to snap out of it this year or move the hell on to another team.

Bowser
10-11-2009, 03:42 PM
NFLPA rules. A player says he's injured and doesn't want to play, you can't force him to play.

If he's claiming back injury, they have no choice but to take his word for it, for there is no "sur3e fire" test they can run a back to definitively say one way or the other if it's true or not. But he's not helping his free agency status, regardless if he is telling the truth or not.

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 03:43 PM
If they aren't going to play him than trade him.

To who? He's never done *anything*.

Bowser
10-11-2009, 03:44 PM
To who? He's never done *anything*.

The same team we are going to trade Larry Johnson to.

Mecca
10-11-2009, 03:45 PM
It's pretty obvious he's not going to be with this team after this year.

booger
10-11-2009, 03:50 PM
He has went to the Dr. twice in the last two weeks with complaints of a back issue. No issues of any kind found. The chiefs think that DJ is faking an injury as a delaying tactic for following the guidelines of the coaching staff. He's fighting the coaching staff because of his bruised ego about being demoted.

Thanks.

Anything new on Albert's health issues? Did they find anything on the bloodwork they did?

MikeMaslowski
10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
It sucks so bad, cuz I, like many others had such high fugging hopes for him....

BigRedChief
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks.

Anything new on Albert's health issues? Did they find anything on the bloodwork they did?
Haven't heard anything.

booger
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
i get sick of his excuses over the years. Last year it was both MLB and WLB. When they moved him inside Herm said it was good for him to call signals and keep him focused. DJ's take at that time was him telling Gunther to "just let him play like he did in college". Problem is the nfl has gap assignments and responsibilitys and not everyone can just freelance and roam around. This isn't Texas.

So last year it was lack of focus and now it apparently is a bruised ego and sore vag. Maybe Pioli could chat w/ Jerry Jones before they depart. He likes overspending for those Uof T pussies.

booger
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Haven't heard anything.

bump that thread if you do.

Thanks for the DJ info!!:thumb:

chiefs1111
10-11-2009, 04:02 PM
It's pretty obvious he's not going to be with this team after this year.

Which is why they should try and trade him now. im not sure what they can get but something would be better than nothing...

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm so glad DJ fell to us in the Draft.... damn that was a lucky break :shake:

BigRedChief
10-11-2009, 04:04 PM
bump that thread if you do.

Thanks for the DJ info!!:thumb:
Wasn't going to share that but did with some people out at Nzoner's party, so WTH.

booger
10-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Wasn't going to share that but did with some people out at Nzoner's party, so WTH.

it gives us fans insight into the situation.

they could have him inactive but that just gives him the excuse that they aren't playing him.

Players like that get a bad rap and it will probably stick with him the rest of his career unless he shows otherwise.

Don Blackmon the LB coach for Herm's first 2 years didn't think to highly of him. They fired him and let Goonther try and raise his play and he couldn't do it either.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-11-2009, 09:08 PM
DJ must have taken a shit in Haleys lunchbox or something

But he needs to get over it and put him back on the field

seriously. DJ may not have lived up to his pre-draft hype, but he is better than the shit they have out there right now.

Deberg_1990
10-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Yea, its too bad DJ didnt play. Maybe we would have lost 28-24 instead of 26-20.

suds79
10-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I know we don't have much talent on this team but I heard Adam Teicher say this on the radio and I thought it was a fair point.

Yes DJ isn't playing but why are people so concerned with this? DJ hasn't ever really been a big playmaker for us. I mean this is the guy who has underachieved his whole career.

Could or should he start for this bad team? Probably. But would it make a world of difference? Based on his history, no.

TEX
10-11-2009, 10:29 PM
I know we don't have much talent on this team but I heard Adam Teicher say this on the radio and I thought it was a fair point.

Yes DJ isn't playing but why are people so concerned with this? DJ hasn't ever really been a big playmaker for us. I mean this is the guy who has underachieved his whole career.

Could or should he start for this bad team? Probably. But would it make a world of difference? Based on his history, no.

Except for the fact that he made one this season when he was playing....

KC kid
10-11-2009, 11:33 PM
The fact of the matter is that DJ has been one constant on a lot of bad defenses. He has never made the difference we hoped.
Plus, I think he never gets in the shape he should. He seems soft.