PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley Supporters

notorious
10-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I think the reason a lot of people that are not approving of Haley's coaching is because of HOW we are losing.

There have been a LOT of bonehead call/no calls/moves on his part.

Should we chalk this up to Rookie coaching mistakes, or that he is above his head?

I don't want replies stating that this is a tryout season, and this kind of thing is going to happen due to the lack of talent. IMO He has made some bad decisions before and during the season that has directly contributed to us choking wins away.

the Talking Can
10-11-2009, 03:40 PM
so, you want us to answer the question but only give you the answer you want?

true planateer...

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I think the reason a lot of people that are not approving of Haley's coaching is because of HOW we are losing.

Should we chalk this up to Rookie coaching mistakes, or that he is above his head?

I don't want replies stating that this is a tryout season, and this kind of thing is going to happen due to the lack of talent. IMO He has made some bad decisions before and during the season that has directly contributed to us choking wins away.

He's a rookie head coach on a team with no talent.... he's made some bad choices and I hope he's getting them all out of his system this season....

notorious
10-11-2009, 03:43 PM
so, you want us to answer the question but only give you the answer you want?

true planateer...

Just stating my opinion is all. There has to be another reason why Todd is still getting support.

I wish I still believed in Haley, but he is looking like a clone of Herm.

notorious
10-11-2009, 03:45 PM
He's a rookie head coach on a team with no talent.... he's made some bad choices and I hope he's getting them all out of his system this season....

Well put.

If he learns from his mistakes and makes adjustments as the season goes on he will regain a lot of support.

Right now it is not looking good.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I think Haley was a great hire, and I couldn't stand the decision when it was first made. I expected some of these mistakes, and am confident they'll be rectified by the time it matters.

RealSNR
10-11-2009, 03:47 PM
The fact that he recognizes his faults as coach, ADMITS THEM, and pledges to keep on learning as a rookie head coach and least puts a lining of hope on the job he's doing. I'm anxious to see if he makes the same mistakes next year.

Herm had been coaching for 5-6 years prior to all his bad coaching mistakes.

Red Brooklyn
10-11-2009, 03:49 PM
I think Haley was a great hire, and I couldn't stand the decision when it was first made. I expected some of these mistakes, and am confident they'll be rectified by the time it matters.

The fact that he recognizes his faults as coach, ADMITS THEM, and pledges to keep on learning as a rookie head coach and least puts a lining of hope on the job he's doing. I'm anxious to see if he makes the same mistakes next year.

:clap:

Brock
10-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Is there a point to this thread?

notorious
10-11-2009, 03:50 PM
One thing I like from Haley is that he is a my way/highway coach.

You can always loosen the control, but you can never get it back.

King_Chief_Fan
Lets blame the _fense......250 yards for one guy? Leggett should be shipped off along with PenderCrap. If Haley keeps either of these clowns, I might start questioning his coaching.

Fairplay
If you were put into a head coach with a bad team, well..............

King_Chief_Fan
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM

as usual.....NOPE

Noss
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Haley's most bone head move was to change the offense just before the season started.

The 0 and 5 start and the upcoming 0 and 16 season is due to that one stupid a**ed move.

Thanks Todd

T-post Tom
10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Haley has not impressed me at all. He seems to be very sophomoric and amateurish in his approach to being a head coach. Looks like a bad hire SO FAR.

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Haley's most bone head move was to change the offense just before the season started.

The 0 and 5 start and the upcoming 0 and 16 season is due to that one stupid a**ed move.

Thanks Todd

Yeah, they'd be Super Bowl contenders if it wasn't or that.

Well, and the sheer lack of any talent on the team.

teedubya
This is a tryout season, and this kind of thing is going to happen due to the lack of talent.

Brock
Haley has not impressed me at all. He seems to be very sophomoric and amateurish in his approach to being a head coach. Looks like a bad hire SO FAR.

That's true. But he isn't going anywhere, so we might as well hope he is a fast learner.

MikeMaslowski
10-11-2009, 03:56 PM

Is there a point to 2/3 of the threads on CP? Quit being a douche just to be a douche.

Rain Man
10-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm going to give Haley at least a season before I start criticizing unless I see sheer idiocy. I'm not seeing sheer idiocy. I'm seeing a team that's getting blown up time after time on the line of scrimmage.

dallaschiefsfan
10-11-2009, 03:58 PM

THIS

DBoweFoSho
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
i like haley. i think he jus needs to learn from his mistakes as well as everyone else in the orginaztion including pioli. things would be lookin alot better if we spent some of our 30 million on somebody worth a sh**... im depressed. hah

Brock
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Is there a point to 2/3 of the threads on CP? Quit being a douche just to be a douche.

Who are you again?

MikeMaslowski
10-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Who are you again?

Ahhh, you got me with the seniority. You were still being a douche for no reason. And the douchebaggery continues.

Easy 6
10-11-2009, 04:02 PM

Absolutely.

We are finally starting from the ground floor, it had to happen. I cursed a number of Haleys calls today, but there are bound to be bumps with a rookie head coach.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
We're crummy, Haley's new.

Noss
Yeah, they'd be Super Bowl contenders if it wasn't or that.

Well, and the sheer lack of any talent on the team.

What do you expected New England releases only talent poor players just ask Scott Pioli.

Brock
Ahhh, you got me with the seniority. You were still being a douche for no reason. And the douchebaggery continues.

it's not about seniority, it's about you being so indistinguishable from the rabble that I don't know who the hell you are or why you're talking to me.

teedubya

Dude, Brock rhymes with Cock... he can't HELP but to be a dick.

notorious
10-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Absolutely.

We are finally starting from the ground floor, it had to happen. I cursed a number of Haleys calls today, but there are bound to be bumps with a rookie head coach.

I feel the same way on some of the calls, but others just baffle me.

He is surrounded by losers, and it might just be too much to overcome.

BTW, Talent has an amazing way of covering up bad coaching/ lack of talent has a way of making good coaching look bad.

I think it's a taste of both.

Stanley Nickels
10-11-2009, 04:05 PM
From another thread, my opinion:

Just HONESTLY, what do you want Haley to do?
-Haley works damn hard to establish a run, something ANY consistently-winning NFL team must do. He works as hard as any coach can.
-He attempts to mix pass plays into the repertoire, with limited talent at WR including at least 5 journeymen or castoffs (and Dwayne Bowe).
The problem is, what do you do when your line gets zero penetration on run plays, and you don't have a running back with enough talent to either power through or use speed to dart around the pile? Every run goes for something in the range of -2 to 4 yards (if we're lucky!), and you simply can't pass every play. He tries trick plays and the line can't even let them develop! So, stuck in 2nd and 10 or 3rd and 9, he has ZERO option but to attempt short passes, knowing pressure is coming. These screens or slants go for three, sometimes four, yards and infuriate our fanbase. There is NO other option when your most fundamental positions (the line and RB) cannot perform at a high level. There is no success even possible.

Pendergast seems unable to send just a couple people on blitzes, and when he throws the house at the QB, our safeties are consistently exploited. Our man coverage is terrible in the midfield, and our zones are too loose. Coach P doesn't throw special coverage at guys having career days, and tackles are consistently lackluster on the ENTIRE field. This was supposed to be addressed by now. That, IMHO, is 25% Haley and 75% Pendergast.

Brock
10-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Dude, Brock rhymes with Cock... he can't HELP but to be a dick.

Meh. You're boring.

cdcox
10-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Thanks Todd

Would it be better to stay with an offense for a whole year that he knew would be scrapped? Or would it be better to go with an offense that takes half the season to get installed that we can build on next year?

Seriously?

MikeMaslowski
10-11-2009, 04:07 PM
it's not about seniority, it's about you being so indistinguishable from the rabble that I don't know who the hell you are or why you're talking to me.

And? An open forum allows any individual to express his/her opinion regardless of post count. I expressed my opinion. And if you didn't care, you wouldn't have replied. Continue on tough guy.

DBoweFoSho
10-11-2009, 04:10 PM
And? An open forum allows any individual to express his/her opinion regardless of post count. I expressed my opinion. And if you didn't care, you wouldn't have replied. Continue on tough guy.

yeah theres a lot of pricks on this board from what i've noticed... i made a post a couple nights ago for the first time in awhile and got jumped on right away haha.. kinda funny but at the same time childish and stupid.

Coogs
10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm all for running some trick plays during a game. But in almost every game, we have came out of the gates with several gadget plays. IMO, they have lost thier effectiveness due to the lack of surprise. They are a good idea, but need to be mixed in at other situations than when the opponents are looking for them, such as the start of the game or start of the half.

cdcox
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
The other thing I'm going to give Haley is that we know this isn't the offense he wants to run (see Arizona last year). He is either 1) dumbing it down for good reason (like lack of talent); 2) dumbing it down for no reason; 3) purposefully undermining the Chiefs; or 4) forgot everything he knows about playing offense. I'm going with 1) for now, leaving open the possibility for 2) if he is running this RRP(short of the sticks) next season.

Noss
10-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Would it be better to stay with an offense for a whole year that he knew would be scrapped? Or would it be better to go with an offense that takes half the season to get installed that we can build on next year?

Seriously?

So you are saying it is alright with you that the Chiefs did not practice the new offense the entire off season?

Seriously??????????????????????????:spock:

notorious
10-11-2009, 04:14 PM
yeah theres a lot of pricks on this board from what i've noticed... i made a post a couple nights ago for the first time in awhile and got jumped on right away haha.. kinda funny but at the same time childish and stupid.

Keep posting, it's a forum of opinions. I just don't like the personal insults that come on here sometimes, that's a dead giveaway that the person making the insults have no facts to back up their arguments.

cdcox
10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
So you are saying it is alright with you that the Chiefs did not practice the new offense the entire off season?

Seriously??????????????????????????:spock:

No and for that I blame Clark Hunt, who according to reports insisted that we give Chan Gailey a try.

DBoweFoSho
10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
It’s very disappointing. You play to win the ball game and we were so close at the end... haley said that after the game... sounds A LOT like Herm... please nooo!!!

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 04:24 PM
And? An open forum allows anhttp://www.work.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216017y individual to express his/her opinion regardless of post count. I expressed my opinion. And if you didn't care, you wouldn't have replied. Continue on tough guy.

Well technically, yes. But in the starter we have this:

I don't want replies stating that this is a tryout season, and this kind of thing is going to happen due to the lack of talent.

As far as I'm concerned, it IS a throw away season and this team lacks talent. This has been a long time coming. But a true rebuild is under way. It's ugly as fuck, but it is what it is.

Noss
10-11-2009, 04:25 PM
No and for that I blame Clark Hunt, who according to reports insisted that we give Chan Gailey a try.

Then f*** Clark Hunt for this season. :banghead:

Brock
10-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Well technically, yes. But in the starter we have this:

As far as I'm concerned, it IS a throw away season and this team lacks talent. This has been a long time coming. But a true rebuild is under way. It's ugly as ****, but it is what it is.

You violated the rules of the thread. He specifically requested that you not give your honest opinion.

ArrowheadHawk
10-11-2009, 04:46 PM
I still like haley. A coach should get 3 years and if you don't make the playoffs in year 3 you should be fired.

notorious
10-11-2009, 04:52 PM
He specifically requested that you not give your honest opinion.

LOL Brock. Anyone can say whatever the hell they want to.

KCBOSS1
10-11-2009, 05:01 PM

Well it's because this is a tryout season, and this kind of thing is going to happen due to the lack of talent.

tomahawk kid
10-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I love the lack of talent arguement,

I guarantee you if you give "Hefty" Haley the Broncos roster - he's still 0-5.

He's in over his head - and should be hitting a bucket of balls somewhere holding on to some BS PGA dream.

ArrowheadHawk
10-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I love the lack of talent arguement,

I guarantee you if you give "Hefty" Haley the Broncos roster - he's still 0-5.

He's in over his head - and should be hitting a bucket of balls somewhere holding on to some BS PGA dream.

Ouch. Tell us how you really feel.

tomahawk kid
10-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Ouch. Tell us how you really feel.

The ONLY reason he's got this job is because he spent his post PGA "NFL coaching" years tonguing Parcell's prunes.

Terrible, terrible, terrible hire.

KCBOSS1
10-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Really....could be. I don't know. There have been a lot seemingly really bonehead, conservative decisions. I mean, If we're gonna lose, let's go down slingin it! That offense in Arizona was sick. We have to be down to the last 2 minutes to start throwing the ball. Sometimes, Cassel actually looks like he might actually be able to throw it. i don't know. If I see one more shot-gun draw with LJ running into the back of the center....I'm gonna throw up again.

SAUTO
10-11-2009, 05:16 PM
The ONLY reason he's got this job is because he spent his post PGA "NFL coaching" years tonguing Parcell's prunes.

Terrible, terrible, terrible hire.

IMO you are wrong here. he was the o cood in the sb for the CARDS, again THE CARDS last year

tomahawk kid
10-11-2009, 05:18 PM
IMO you are wrong here. he was the o cood in the sb for the CARDS, again THE CARDS last year

A VERY average offense that clicked in the post season - ONCE.

Again - horrible, "in the family" hire.

SAUTO
10-11-2009, 05:19 PM

Again - horrible, "in the family" hire.

uuummmmm you call that an avg offense? ok man:rolleyes:

it was their d that was avg and "clicked" in the post season:shake:

KCBOSS1
10-11-2009, 05:21 PM
No dude. You're wrong. They were not an average offense. They were a throwing machine. That's what I don't understand about his play calling here. I mean come on. he seems to be chewing Cassel out all of the time for not throwing the ball deeper. But still...how many times can you call that shot-gun draw?

Baby Lee
10-11-2009, 05:21 PM

And the Cards were a hot mess for a lot of the regular season, and most of their existence, until Fitzgerald and Warner [one of the most clutch players when it counts in the past decade, really it's him and Brady] decided to put the team on their shoulders for the playoff run.

Week 12 Nov 23 L 37-29 vs New York Giants
Week 13 Nov 27 L 48-20 at Philadelphia Eagles
Week 14 Dec 7 W 34-10 vs St. Louis Rams
Week 15 Dec 14 L 35-14 vs Minnesota Vikings
Week 16 Dec 21 L 47-7 at New England Patriots
Week 17 Dec 28 W 34-21 vs Seattle Seahawks

That Patriots game bragged 3 Ints and 3 lost fumbles, . . . as did the Eagles game.

SAUTO
10-11-2009, 05:22 PM
And the Cards were a hot mess for a lot of the regular season, and most of their existence, until Fitzgerald and Warner [one of the most clutch players when it counts in the past decade, really it's him and Brady] decided to put the team on their shoulders for the playoff run.

on offense? no, better check that again. they had a bad stretch at the end after clinching their division in like week 8. but played good early and late. warner wants him back.

tomahawk kid
10-11-2009, 05:23 PM

This.

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 05:24 PM
What do you expected New England releases only talent poor players just ask Scott Pioli.

Is anyone drunk enough to understand this but sober enough to translate it?

chiefs1111
10-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Todd Haley has supporters???

Baby Lee
10-11-2009, 05:30 PM
on offense? no, better check that again. they had a bad stretch at the end after clinching their division in like week 8. but played good early and late. warner wants him back.

They were 9-7 and the 9ers ended 7-9.

SAUTO
10-11-2009, 05:32 PM
They were 9-7 and the 9ers ended 7-9.

when did they clinch their division? no later than week 10

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 05:33 PM

ROFL

Way to pay attention.

Baby Lee
10-11-2009, 05:34 PM
when did they clinch their division? no later than week 10

Week 14, beat the Rams. That way, even if they went 7-9, they'd have a better division record than the 9ers.

And in that game, the defense scored 14 of their 34 points.

That week 10 you're thinking of was the middle of their longest winning streak outside the postseason, 3 games, in a row, against the 9ers, Rams, and Seahawks, good for their chances at a division title, but 1) not exactly stellar competition, 2) still not enough given their losing outside the division at that point.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2009, 05:35 PM
i support him

tomahawk kid
10-11-2009, 05:37 PM
ROFL

Way to pay attention.

Whatever.

Bury your head in the sand or split hairs all you want.

All I know is Josh McDaniels just took a Denver team to 5-0 with a roster that Hefty couldn't win a game with.

Why?

No credibility, no idea how to coach, thinks he can b!tch and moan and berate his way out of everything.

See you guys in 18 months when you accept reality.

Baby Lee
10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
i support him

Quoted for posterity, you know for 3-4 years from now when it'll be morphed into 'Reerun wants that loser former coach back so he can cup his balls and tongue his taint some more.' Only then it'll at least have a semblance of truth. ;)

Brock
10-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Whatever.

All I know is Josh McDaniels just took a Denver team to 5-0 with a roster that Hefty couldn't win a game with.

Why?

No credibility, no idea how to coach, thinks he can b!tch and moan and berate his way out of everything.

I don't necessarily disagree, but what do you mean by "Hefty"?

tomahawk kid
10-11-2009, 05:42 PM

A shot at his pot belly and former PGA aspirations......

Baby Lee
10-11-2009, 05:43 PM

I think he's alluded to something about a pot belly on Ol' Ball Coach. Not saying I see it, but I think that's what he's referring to.

Mr. Laz
10-11-2009, 05:44 PM
When players stand around looking confused it points to coaching

When a team can't complete a full drive without some stupid fuck up from happening it points to coaching.

our players suck but it seems like our coaching sucks as well.

Easy 6
10-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Whatever.

Why?

McDreamy inherited an already well equipped o-line.

He inherited an already solid starting WR duo.

Throw in a culture of winning...

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Whatever.

First, those aren't the same thing. Second, Arizona's offense was one of the best in the league all year last year. That's not splitting hairs.

Why?

I'm not really sure, but Denver has talent. Way more than KC has. That might have something to do with it.

I've not read a single quote where Haley has bitched or moaned or tried to get out of anything. Quite the opposite, in fact.

The reality is the team is completely devoid of talented players and they're playing against possible Super Bowl teams. Someone has checked out of reality, but it isn't us.

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 05:51 PM
When players stand around looking confused it points to coaching

When a team can't complete a full drive without some stupid fuck up from happening it points to coaching.

our players suck but it seems like our coaching sucks as well.

Get a class full of retards to do Macbeth. That's what you're asking of the coaching staff.

tomahawk kid
10-11-2009, 05:52 PM
McDreamy inherited an already well equipped o-line.

He inherited an already solid starting WR duo.

Throw in a culture of winning...

And Haley still couldn't win......

Marshall would have stabbed him in the throat by now.

You can get away with the berate, berate, berate approach when you've actually won something.

Haley hasn't.

Baby Lee
10-11-2009, 05:52 PM
The reality is the team is completely devoid of talented players and they're playing against possible Super Bowl teams. Someone has checked out of reality, but it isn't us.
As bad as we are, so long as Romo and Wade Phillips are in the Silver and Blue, they're no closer to the SB than we are.
Eagles and Ravens, well yeah, they're my SB picks, and I do think NY plays in January, but not in February.

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 05:53 PM
And Haley still couldn't win......

Marshall would have stabbed him in the throat by now.

You can get away with the berate, berate, berate approach when you've actually won something.

Haley hasn't.

Finally, someone who can see the future! What lottery numbers should I play?

Baby Lee
10-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Finally, someone who can see the future! What lottery numbers should I play?

Wouldn't that technically be an alternate present?

tomahawk kid
10-11-2009, 05:54 PM
First, those aren't the same thing. Second, Arizona's offense was one of the best in the league all year last year. That's not splitting hairs.

I'm not really sure, but Denver has talent. Way more than KC has. That might have something to do with it.

I've not read a single quote where Haley has bitched or moaned or tried to get out of anything. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Wow - you just proved my entire point.

Thanks.

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Wouldn't that technically be an alternate present?

Probably, but I've allowed myself to drop to that idiot's level and frankly I'm paying for it with IQ points.

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Wow - you just proved my entire point.

Thanks.

I'd tell you to put the bottle down and step away but I seriously doubt you can walk without injuring yourself.

I only proved 'your point' if your point is that Haley is doing as well as anyone could with the complete derth of talent on this team.

But we all know full well that isn't your point. Your point is quite the opposite. And incorrect.

Mr. Laz
10-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Get a class full of retards to do Macbeth. That's what you're asking of the coaching staff.
you don't have to have uber talent to be fundamentally sound.

Talent doesn't have much to do with players knowing where to lineup up and how to run a play without tripping over each other.

Dam offense is a train wreck, it looks like Haley is pulling plays out of a hat and several of them the players don't fully understand them.

This is Haley's first year so hopefully he will learn but it's a dam disaster right now. It took the Chiefs 3 quarters before the offense even came close understanding the plays Haley wanted to run.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2009, 06:01 PM

This is Haley's first year so hopefully he will learn but it's a dam disaster right now. It took the Chiefs 3 quarters before the offense even came close understanding the plays Haley wanted to run.

It took an injury to Goff....

Look at the offense when he went out... Major difference.

Simplex3
10-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't think you can pin this season on Haley or Pioli. I don't even know that you can pin next season on them. The last ten years of Carl + DV + Herm = total, systemic fail. Frankly it may be the kind of fail that can't be recovered from. KC may be the new Detroit.

CaliforniaChief
10-11-2009, 06:04 PM
It took an injury to Goff....

Look at the offense when he went out... Major difference.

That and the Cowboys dropped back into coverage packages like all retarded coaches do.

Otter
10-11-2009, 06:13 PM

I just want to thank Simplex for being here today.

notorious
10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't think you can pin this season on Haley or Pioli. I don't even know that you can pin next season on them. The last ten years of Carl + DV + Herm = total, systemic fail. Frankly it may be the kind of fail that can't be recovered from. KC may be the new Detroit.

I am afraid this has bled onto the players and now it is just part of the show.

When they are used to losing it isn't so bad when you get to go home to your mansion in a Bently.