PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
10. I had an out of body experience today. I thought I had walked through a black hole into Dallas, Texas today. When I parked to tailgate, Texas license plates all around my car. Some asshole Dallas fan banged his car door into the side of my Jeep. I looked up at him starting to burn, he looked at me, flashed me a hook em horns sign and said "WHOOOOOO.....". Then he took off.

Don't worry, I banged his door back twice as hard before I went inside.

9. Today was the lamest home crowd I've seen since we played the Packers here a few years ago. It was probably 3-2 ratio "Texans" fans to Cowboys fans. It was so bad, that the Cowboys fans forced a false start penalty on the "Texans" in the fourth quarter. I haven't seen that happen since back in the 1980's when Donk fans did that to us. Back in the 80s it was usually 50% Donk fans at Arrowhead. I was embarrassed, but can't fault locals for not shelling out to see this kind of "entertainment." It will happen over and over again until we can establish some kind of home advantage again. Right now, it's a vacation for every visiting team that comes here. Very, very sad. It'll be bad when Pittsburgh comes here too. Probably be 3-2 Steeler fans.

8. At halftime they honored the 1969 Super Bowl Team. The first guy out of the tunnel, Fred Arbanas, was walking with a cane. With a cane. Yes, it HAS been nearly 40 years since we won the big one. It looked like a WWII veterans parade out there. Again, very, very sad. And Depressing.

7. Other Chiefs were there too to honor Nick Lowrey. I did boo Neil Smith, btw. He was wearing an orange shirt too. Damn Donkey Puke. Have I mentioned that I don't like him much?

6. The whole first half I was laughing to myself because I could swear I could hear the entire state of Texas going "Gawd Damnit, Roe-Moe...." He was awful today. We had to have given up at least 150 RAC yards today. Dallas will not win squat this year. Philly and the Giants have too much for them. Wade Phillips is a bonehead.

5. Vrabel had a bigger catch today than Wade or Bradley. That should make both those guys feel ashamed. LJ ran for less than 40 yard on over 20 carries. He should be ashamed of himself. Someone should have put a gun in Maurice Leggett's locker after the game and told him to "do the right thing." He should be unemployed tomorrow. Ron Edwards hands to the face penalty is yet another in drive sustaining stupid-ass penalties (same as Gilberry vs the Raiders or Williams vs the Giants) that this team CANNOT afford. Each week a new guy steps up on defense to be "Raider of the Week" in the stupidity category. Unacceptable.

4. The only good thing that might come from this year is Succop. Yeah, he got a FG attempt blocked, but it was a 53 yarder, and it was protection that caused the block. Otherwise, he's been pretty solid. Think he might be a keeper. Colquitt punted better today, not as erratic as last week.

3. Our offfensive line has to be the worst in Chiefs history. They are just flat out awful. It was interesting in the fourth quarter that after Fat Albert and Goff both went out, our line actually blocked BETTER. How does that work? Big props to Bowe for making a tough catch to get the game to OT. He got sandwiched big time, but held on. Cassel is going to get killed at some point this year. He's already got happy feet and slides early to avoid contact. He did make a couple of good throws today, especially the last one to Bowe. But he seems to be channeling Elvis Grbac most of the time. Don't know if he has the tummy to get through an entire season.

2. I think we should have gone for two. I just don't know what play would have been successful. Run Larry? Nope. Sweep Charles? Nope. Throw to Vrabel? Already used that play. I think they should have thought about it. I told my wife if they go to OT they'll lose for sure. Haley's rolled the dice all year (onside kicks, double reverses, Wildcat formations) why not go for the win? What's the difference? If you miss, you're O-5. They're still O-5, and didn't take a chance when they had it. In OT they were 20 yards away from Succop's FG range. First down, Bowe gets mugged across the middle. Second down, run a DRAW play??? to LJ for a yard. Then take a holding penalty, then self destruct. For a team that was supposed to be built to play smart and play tough, we were neither, and haven't been all year.

1. I don't count this as a loss for the KC Chiefs. The Chiefs had a bye this week. They are 0-4. The Dallas Texans are 0-1. Today was a like being in a giant Texas Redneck fest. Hell, we should have just played this game in the Cotton Bowl. Hey, don't feel bad for the Texans. At least they took a team to OT before losing. That's more than the Chiefs have managed this year.

BigMeatballDave
10-11-2009, 04:14 PM
1. Suck
2. Suck
3. Suck
4. Suck
5. Suck
6. Suck
7. Suck
8. Suck
9. Suck
10. Suck

JuicesFlowing
10-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Watching the game on TV, the funniest thing I witnessed was a "I AM A ROMO" sign ... I found that pretty hilarious.

JuicesFlowing
10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
3. Our offfensive line has to be the worst in Chiefs history. They are just flat out awful. It was interesting in the fourth quarter that after Fat Albert and Goff both went out, our line actually blocked BETTER. How does that work? Big props to Bowe for making a tough catch to get the game to OT. He got sandwiched big time, but held on. Cassel is going to get killed at some point this year. He's already got happy feet and slides early to avoid contact. He did make a couple of good throws today, especially the last one to Bowe. But he seems to be channeling Elvis Grbac most of the time. Don't know if he has the tummy to get through an entire season.

This right here. It's why LJ averages 2 yards per carry, its why Cassel can't even throw down field. It's pretty much the biggest problem we have (other than the Greg Robinson Defense ...)

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 04:19 PM
The next time some dumbass like that door bangs you, take a chlorine tablet, wrap it in a rag, and stuff it in his gas tank. Then drive like hell. Once the gas hits the chlorine tablet...

http://i32.tinypic.com/rqx461.jpg

Deberg_1990
10-11-2009, 04:22 PM
I agree, the Cowboys looked bad today. They wont win more than 9 game in that division.

The Chiefs are godawful.

Hopefully this ends the Goff era.

Goldmember
10-11-2009, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=gblowfish;6162572]10.

7. Other Chiefs were there too to honor Nick Lowrey. I did boo Neil Smith, btw. He was wearing an orange shirt too. Damn Donkey Puke. Have I mentioned that I don't like him much? QUOTE]

This may not have been Smith rubbing it in as a former donkey. A lot of african american men wear orange. A lot of them also drive orange cars. Have you not noticed this? :)

BigRedChief
10-11-2009, 04:32 PM
9. Today was the lamest home crowd I've seen since we played the Packers here a few years ago. It was probably 3-2 ratio "Texans" fans to Cowboys fans. It was so bad, that the Cowboys fans forced a false start penalty on the "Texans" in the fourth quarter. I haven't seen that happen since back in the 1980's when Donk fans did that to us. Back in the 80s it was usually 50% Donk fans at Arrowhead. I was embarrassed, but can't fault locals for not shelling out to see this kind of "entertainment." It will happen over and over again until we can establish some kind of home advantage again. Right now, it's a vacation for every visiting team that comes here. Very, very sad. It'll be bad when Pittsburgh comes here too. Probably be 3-2 Steeler fans.

King Carl chased away hard core fans like myself, onthewarpath58 and nzoner. The NFL is pricing the middle class out of the season ticket price range. I will no longer pay $100 a ticket for pre-season games. That's $600 additional money just for me to have rights to a seat or a playoff game. I can get 50 yard line tickets for a lot less than that to a playioff game. Where's the value in being a season ticket holder? And now the parking nazi's are killing the vibe in the parking lots before the game.

TheGuardian
10-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I too noticed that when Goff went out Larry had his two longest runs. They put Goff back in, and guess what? No yards again. Goff and Niswanger are driving me nuts. Seriously, the worst center guard combo in the league. Where is Will Shields?

gblowfish
10-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Will Shields is getting fat and happy running 68 Sports in Overland Park. His place is about a block from where I work.

HonestChieffan
10-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Good list. The tailgate situation is growing worse. And the Dallas fans did damn near outnumber Chiefs fans. Good news was at least in our section they seemed like a good bunch. Makes you hate Donk fans even more when you make the comparison.

The painful truth is we have zero O line performance. None. LJ runs with his back to the line and wonders why he isnt getting yards, no one blokc anybody. Leggett should be gutted and allowed to dry in the sun. But who can pick a "worst" performer on this team?

Kyle DeLexus
10-11-2009, 05:12 PM
11. There were Cowboy fans sitting behind me and I had gas......so we won that battle.

chiefs1111
10-11-2009, 05:14 PM
man, this franchise is a real pile of suck...

Agent V
10-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Easily the least amount of crowd noise in years. The first possession was pathetic. But you know what? It'll be that way until this team puts something on the fucking field for us to cheer about. It picked up near the end of the game.

Basically, I had Dallas fans to my left, all behind me, and a few rows down in front of me.

L.A. Chieffan
10-11-2009, 05:57 PM
During the game Aikman mentions in the broadcast that Haley said Vrabel is the best TE we have...

Let me repeat that: OUR HEAD FUCKING COACH SAYS OUR 40 YEAR OLD LINEBACKER IS THE BEST TIGHT END WE HAVE.

Hootie
10-11-2009, 05:58 PM
these are my favorites threads of the year...gblowfish...top 5 poster on the board.

Hootie
10-11-2009, 05:58 PM
you know...if vrabel really is this "all pro TE" everyone says he is...being that he was never more than an above average LB...why didn't he just play TE for christ's sake?

blazzin311
10-11-2009, 06:00 PM
10. I had an out of body experience today. I thought I had walked through a black hole into Dallas, Texas today. When I parked to tailgate, Texas license plates all around my car. Some asshole Dallas fan banged his car door into the side of my Jeep. I looked up at him starting to burn, he looked at me, flashed me a hook em horns sign and said "WHOOOOOO.....". Then he took off.

8. At halftime they honored the 1969 Super Bowl Team. The first guy out of the tunnel, Fred Arbanas, was walking with a cane. With a cane. Yes, it HAS been nearly 40 years since we won the big one. It looked like a WWII veterans parade out there. Again, very, very sad. And Depressing.

7. Other Chiefs were there too to honor Nick Lowrey. I did boo Neil Smith, btw. He was wearing an orange shirt too. Damn Donkey Puke. Have I mentioned that I don't like him much?

6. The whole first half I was laughing to myself because I could swear I could hear the entire state of Texas going "Gawd Damnit, Roe-Moe...." He was awful today. We had to have given up at least 150 RAC yards today. Dallas will not win squat this year. Philly and the Giants have too much for them. Wade Phillips is a bonehead.

5. Vrabel had a bigger catch today than Wade or Bradley. That should make both those guys feel ashamed. LJ ran for less than 40 yard on over 20 carries. He should be ashamed of himself. Someone should have put a gun in Maurice Leggett's locker after the game and told him to "do the right thing." He should be unemployed tomorrow. Ron Edwards hands to the face penalty is yet another in drive sustaining stupid-ass penalties (same as Gilberry vs the Raiders or Williams vs the Giants) that this team CANNOT afford. Each week a new guy steps up on defense to be "Raider of the Week" in the stupidity category. Unacceptable.

4. The only good thing that might come from this year is Succop. Yeah, he got a FG attempt blocked, but it was a 53 yarder, and it was protection that caused the block. Otherwise, he's been pretty solid. Think he might be a keeper. Colquitt punted better today, not as erratic as last week.

2. I think we should have gone for two. I just don't know what play would have been successful. Run Larry? Nope. Sweep Charles? Nope. Throw to Vrabel? Already used that play. I think they should have thought about it. I told my wife if they go to OT they'll lose for sure. Haley's rolled the dice all year (onside kicks, double reverses, Wildcat formations) why not go for the win? What's the difference? If you miss, you're O-5. They're still O-5, and didn't take a chance when they had it. In OT they were 20 yards away from Succop's FG range. First down, Bowe gets mugged across the middle. Second down, run a DRAW play??? to LJ for a yard. Then take a holding penalty, then self destruct. For a team that was supposed to be built to play smart and play tough, we were neither, and haven't been all year.

1. I don't count this as a loss for the KC Chiefs. The Chiefs had a bye this week. They are 0-4. The Dallas Texans are 0-1. Today was a like being in a giant Texas Redneck fest. Hell, we should have just played this game in the Cotton Bowl. Hey, don't feel bad for the Texans. At least they took a team to OT before losing. That's more than the Chiefs have managed this year.

I think you summed up everything pretty well here. Well done. :clap:

10-11-2009, 06:31 PM
1. Suck
2. Suck
3. Suck
4. Suck
5. Suck
6. Suck
7. Suck
8. Suck
9. Suck
10. SuckYep. Pretty much what I was going to post. It killed me watching that and knowing we were going to find a way to let it get away the entire time.

joesomebody
10-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Excellent list gblowfish. Good summary.

Hydrae
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
During the game Aikman mentions in the broadcast that Haley said Vrabel is the best TE we have...

Let me repeat that: OUR HEAD ****ING COACH SAYS OUR 40 YEAR OLD LINEBACKER IS THE BEST TIGHT END WE HAVE.

But we still carry 4 of them on the roster, not counting Vrabel as one of them. :cuss:

gblowfish
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Oh, forgot to mention: After the game for my post-game squirt, I'm in the Men's room with about 3 other Chiefs fans and about 12 Cowboy fans. This one drunk obnoxious one goes: "How bout them Cowboys....your team just flat out oh and five SUCKS."

I say: "Yeah? Well at least our starting quarterback doesn't pork fat chicks...."

That's all I got following a loss like that....

Agent V
10-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Oh, forgot to mention: After the game for my post-game squirt, I'm in the Men's room with about 3 other Chiefs fans and about 12 Cowboy fans. This one drunk obnoxious one goes: "How bout them Cowboys....your team just flat out oh and five SUCKS."

I say: "Yeah? Well at least our starting quarterback doesn't pork fat chicks...."

That's all I got following a loss like that....

You could have turned and pissed on him.

gblowfish
10-11-2009, 06:52 PM
You could have turned and pissed on him.
I only accept payment in advance for that particular service.

Easy 6
10-11-2009, 06:54 PM
#1 - F*** texans, most of them anyway. From those i've met to family i have down there...they are the most stupidly arrogant & boastful SOB's God EVER created.

#2 - Neil Smith wore an ORANGE F***ING SHIRT? his stuttering ass is 100% dead to me.

#3 - KC has almost always been renowned for their O-lines :shake:.

#4 - Arbanas with a cane, 40 years, double:shake:.

#5 - F*** texas.

Crashride
10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
I always find myself reading these top ten threads first thing when I sign on. Thank you sir. REP

bevischief
10-11-2009, 07:44 PM
The next time some dumbass like that door bangs you, take a chlorine tablet, wrap it in a rag, and stuff it in his gas tank. Then drive like hell. Once the gas hits the chlorine tablet...

Might have to try this one...

:D

Pablo
10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Gotta love them Texans.

HOOK EM HORNS.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgkHWE92UMU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgkHWE92UMU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

shaneo69
10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
King Carl chased away hard core fans like myself, onthewarpath58 and nzoner.

Count me in that group of those who Carl chased away after 17 years of being a season ticket holder. Now I don't even bother watching the games; I just read Blowfish's summary.

BTW, with Carr and Flowers, why is Leggett even in the game?

Coach
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM

Or pour sugar in his gas tank.

Coach
10-11-2009, 08:22 PM

What's really funny was that Steadman was cloaking and daggering at the sidelines near the 30-40 yard (I was at section 123, row 2) and I hollered at him "Steadman! This reminds you of the late '70's, early '80's?" He didn't look at me, but I know he heard me, because I was close to him.

The sad thing was, the most entertainment that I had was the fight that broke out in the section I was. Two Chief fans and two Cowboy fans got tossed after a very heated argument. I don't know what sparked the heated argument, but the Cowboy fan was upclose to this one Chief fan, screaming at him "LET'S GO! LET'S GO!" over and over. The other Chief fan tried to gently tell him over and over to get back up to his seat, then he gets pissed at this Cowboy Fan, and told him to go back to his fucking seat.

Finally, the fucking cops came and broke it up and sent 4 of the people home. The sad thing? They witnessed this thing and didn't do a damn thing, until somebody finally had to do the text thing and the location/issue thing.

Embarrasing.

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Good list as normal, pretty much my thoughts exactly on the game as well.

Here are some of mine:

A bastard Cowboy fan should have gotten his ass whooped for making fun of Fred Arbanas. I wish somebody would have cold cocked him.

Douchbag Cowboy fan in the upper deck got choked slammed and drug out by KCPD. I have now seen more NFC East fans get arrested than Raider fans.

Sucks it is now cold out. Warpaint's better half has to wear too much clothing now.

I kind of liked the Texans throwbacks. Maybe its bc they don't have all the freaking yellow on the trim. Even with the Texas state logo, they had the best uniforms in the AFL.

boogblaster
10-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Leggfart has cost us two games now .... and F... Texas .......

Coach
10-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I am very seriously considering wearing the paper bag if I am invited to the Charger game, which I am more than likely will be invited to go.

gblowfish
10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
What's really funny was that Steadman was cloaking and daggering at the sidelines near the 30-40 yard (I was at section 123, row 2) and I hollered at him "Steadman! This reminds you of the late '70's, early '80's?" He didn't look at me, but I know he heard me, because I was close to him.

Yeah, I saw Steadman too. He looked like an undertaker. What a creepy guy.

Coach
10-11-2009, 10:41 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/October%2011%202009/IMG_0115.jpg

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 10:42 PM

There were some Titans fans wearing bags tonight.

Has that trend transcended Arrowhead, yet?

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Wow. Our field really is fucking ugly.

Deberg_1990
10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
He looks like the guy you would seeing hanging outside the local Junior High.

gblowfish
10-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Here's a link to game pics in the KC Star:
http://www.kansascity.com/934/gallery/1502857.html