He won't have big numbers because thats not what he's asked to do :rolleyes:

His job is to clog the line :rolleyes:

Better than Ryan Sims :rolleyes:

Simply Red
10-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Chiefs :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
10-11-2009, 08:56 PM
How much money does this team have wrapped up in LJ, Dorsey and Jackson? Whatever it is, its not enough.

FloridaMan88
10-11-2009, 09:51 PM
According to some of the "experts" on this board, Jackson is doing what "he is supposed to do"... which I guess is to be a mime.

RustShack
10-11-2009, 09:53 PM
You realize Jackson is a rookie and you should't expect much out of Dlinemen until their third year right?

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Meanwhile, Curry led the Seahawks to a shutout, recording a team high 8 tackles and a sack, his second on the year.

He's immediately transformed Seattle into a dominant force.

Fucking Pioli.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Meanwhile, Curry led the Seahawks to a shutout, recording a team high 8 tackles and a sack, his second on the year.

Fucking Pioli.

ROFLROFL

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
According to some of the "experts" on this board, Jackson is doing what "he is supposed to do"... which I guess is to be a mime.

Brett Keisel and Haloti Ngata average about 2 tackles a game and about 2-3 sacks per season. Ryan McBean has only 7 tackles for the Broncos.

A 3-4 DE isn't supposed to get a lot of tackles and if you're worried about tackles/sacks, then you have no idea what you're talking about. That's not an expert opinion. That's the opinion of anyone who knows anything about 3-4 defenses.

Jackson has been inconsistent, as you'd expect. But he's also flashed a lot of good plays and he's drawing a LOT of doubles.

HotRoute
10-11-2009, 10:00 PM
he has to show some development soon, dorsey sure has in the last couple weeks. but i think fans are also tired of playing the waiting game

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2009, 10:06 PM
he has to show some development soon, dorsey sure has in the last couple weeks. but i think fans are also tired of playing the waiting game

As you'd expect, given that Dorsey is in his 2nd year and Jackson is in his first.

You're right that fans are rightfully impatient. But they need to vent on players well into their development, not rookies playing positions where development is typically slow. I'm a shit ton more disappointed in players like Page and Waters than I am at rookies like Jackson.

WildTurkey
10-11-2009, 10:08 PM

****ing Pioli.

yeah dominant force :doh!:

RealSNR
10-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Can I issue a positive note?

Glenn Dorsey made one or two nice plays in today's game.

It's a start....

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2009, 10:22 PM

It's a start....

This. Dorsey had a nice game today.

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 10:24 PM

It's a start....

He's been a legit bright spot this season, especially considering how many, myself included, thought he would transition.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
This. Dorsey had a nice game today.

Dorsey has put together a couple of really nice games. It's absolutely fucking criminal that we're wasting him in this scheme.

It bothers me every bit as much as the QB decision. I don't understand why Pioli would look a fucking gift horse in the mouth. He was given Dorsey. Why the hell would you piss his talents away just because you didn't draft him? That's "ego".

To me, I think it shows him as either

Obstinate
Arrogant
Stupid
Incompetent

Or some combination thereof.

Chiefs=Champions
10-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Dorsey >>>>>> Jackson

so

Carl >>>>>> Haoli?

:shrug:

TheGuardian
10-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Dorsey isn't being wasted in this scheme. He played in a two gap scheme at LSU. One of the reasons he has looked much better is the fact that it's his second year AND this scheme seems to fit him better. He is not a get-up-the-field sack guy ala Sapp. I've said it all along, the Sapp comparisons were baseless. Dorsey, in no scheme out there, would ever be a 10-12 sack type player.

I don't get the Tyson Jackson bashing at all. It's unreal. Dorsey looks like a completely different player than last year, and all of last year a lot of people here called him a bust. Now Jackson is a bust after only 5 games into his rookie season.

And playing linebacker isn't as difficult a transition from college to pro as a lineman spot is. Do some of you understand a damned thing about this game?

El Chapo
10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
If the quarterback was holding a bucket of this shit instead of a football, Tyson Jackson would already have seven sacks.

http://hulkhatetimetravel.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/fried_chicken2.jpg

Dangle a drumstick on a high wire and have Tyson go chase it.

El Chapo
10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
If the quarterback was holding a bucket of this shit instead of a football, Tyson Jackson would already have seven sacks.

RealSNR
10-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Dorsey isn't being wasted in this scheme. He played in a two gap scheme at LSU. One of the reasons he has looked much better is the fact that it's his second year AND this scheme seems to fit him better. He is not a get-up-the-field sack guy ala Sapp. I've said it all along, the Sapp comparisons were baseless. Dorsey, in no scheme out there, would ever be a 10-12 sack type player.

I don't get the Tyson Jackson bashing at all. It's unreal. Dorsey looks like a completely different player than last year, and all of last year a lot of people here called him a bust. Now Jackson is a bust after only 5 games into his rookie season.

And playing linebacker isn't as difficult a transition from college to pro as a lineman spot is. Do some of you understand a damned thing about this game?If Dorsey was fit to play the two-gap why the fuck did we draft Alex Boone? There was likely a quality offensive lineman there. Or a linebacker. Or hell... a fucking RB.

TheGuardian
10-11-2009, 10:37 PM
If Dorsey was fit to play the two-gap why the **** did we draft Alex Boone? There was likely a quality offensive lineman there. Or a linebacker. Or hell... a ****ing RB.

Because we were still lacking quality defensive linemen I guess. Too many needs on this team to fix all in one draft. My guess is we'll draft a crap load of offensive linemen this next draft and sign some as well. That's the hope anyway.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 10:48 PM

And playing linebacker isn't as difficult a transition from college to pro as a lineman spot is. Do some of you understand a damned thing about this game?

Dorsey was being used out of position last year too. He wasn't playing the 3 Technique. That should be his pro position. If you look at any of his scouting reports, they all marveled at his ability to shoot the gap and command double teams, not just occupy blockers. An elite 3T will do both. If he was merely a space eater in a two gap, he wouldn't have had 69 stops, 12 TFL and 7 sacks while playing hurt as a junior.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Because we were still lacking quality defensive linemen I guess. Too many needs on this team to fix all in one draft. My guess is we'll draft a crap load of offensive linemen this next draft and sign some as well. That's the hope anyway.

Which is, itself, retarded given how deep last year's draft was in OL help.

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2009, 11:22 PM
If Dorsey was fit to play the two-gap why the **** did we draft Alex Boone? There was likely a quality offensive lineman there. Or a linebacker. Or hell... a ****ing RB.

I'm guessing you meant Magee. The answer is depth--that's a good spot to draft d-line depth.

I would much rather get an o-line starter than d-line depth. I don't agree with the decision. But that's why they made it.

RealSNR
10-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm guessing you meant Magee. The answer is depth--that's a good spot to draft d-line depth.

I would much rather get an o-line starter than d-line depth. I don't agree with the decision. But that's why they made it.Yeah, I meant Magee.

OctoberFart
10-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Brett Keisel and Haloti Ngata average about 2 tackles a game and about 2-3 sacks per season. Ryan McBean has only 7 tackles for the Broncos.

A 3-4 DE isn't supposed to get a lot of tackles and if you're worried about tackles/sacks, then you have no idea what you're talking about. That's not an expert opinion. That's the opinion of anyone who knows anything about 3-4 defenses.

Jackson has been inconsistent, as you'd expect. But he's also flashed a lot of good plays and he's drawing a LOT of doubles.

Which is also why those guys aren't getting 35 mil guaranteed or whatever Jackson is getting.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Which is also why those guys aren't getting 35 mil guaranteed or whatever Jackson is getting.

:doh!:

Christofire
10-12-2009, 04:24 AM
Sorry to go off topic, but Hamas, what happened on Oct. 8, 2009, that has made you a sports atheist?

Red Dawg
10-12-2009, 05:12 AM

Are you trying to be a Nazi bastard. Racist POS if you are. I like chicken

beach tribe
10-12-2009, 06:42 AM
You realize Jackson is a rookie and you should't expect much out of Dlinemen until their third year right?

Obviously not. He should be making Pro-Bowls already.
Between the crybabies, and the know it alls, sometimes I wonder why I come here. Oh yeah, because it's the most entertaining place on the fuqin Interwebs. That's why.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-12-2009, 07:00 AM
I'm sorry, but ONE fucking tackle in 3 games. Isn't part of their job description to move towards the person with the ball and bring him down ?

CHIEFS58
10-12-2009, 07:06 AM
i fucking hate the 3-4. you need real badasses to run that system and we dont have them. we are better suited for a 4-3. square pegs in a round hole.

unlurking
10-12-2009, 07:12 AM
i fucking hate the 3-4. you need real badasses to run that system and we dont have them. we are better suited for a 4-3. square pegs in a round hole.
I kinda think we're more suited for the the 8-8-8.

FloridaMan88
10-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Obviously not. He should be making Pro-Bowls already.
Between the crybabies, and the know it alls, sometimes I wonder why I come here. Oh yeah, because it's the most entertaining place on the fuqin Interwebs. That's why.

It is too much to expect the third overall pick in the draft, a guy making $30+ million guaranteed to at least make a tackle or two during the game???

loochy
10-12-2009, 07:58 AM

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/sw50sw8sw578.gif

But seriously....who wouldn't want fried chicken? It's freakin' good dude.

Demonpenz
10-12-2009, 08:14 AM
dorsey reminds me of tom barnt

The Bad Guy
10-12-2009, 08:29 AM
If we kept Jimmy Wilkerson, Tyson Jackson wouldn't have been needed.

Wilkerson through 5 games has 5 sacks, or roughly half of our 2008 production.

Good lord. What a horrible decision.

wild1
10-12-2009, 08:35 AM

There are a lot of painful decisions you just have to rubber stamp "Carl and Herm"

Chiefnj2
10-12-2009, 08:39 AM

See that. Dicky V's drafts weren't that bad after all.

DJ's left nut
10-12-2009, 08:41 AM
:doh!:

It's reached the point that we can be schooled by Raiders fans...and have no comeback for it.

I have no earthly idea WTF this front office was thinking giving that kind of money to a 5 technique...we'll leave the backup QB discussion out of this particular thread.

But at least Todd Haley cusses a lot. Gotta show these boys who's boss...right? Can't have these guys being treated like grown men.