PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Big Hardee

cookster50
10-12-2009, 07:07 AM
So, I saw the tv ad for the Big Hardee and decided to give it a try. I know, probably has about 500 bagazillion calaries, suck it!
Anyway, this thing that I got was underwhelming. If I recall correctly the ad makes fun of the big mac for not having a lot of toppings. Well, my awesome Big Hardee had 1 little leaflet of lettuce. That's right, not a bunch of shredded lettuce, or even multiple pieces of lettuce, one, tiny, aborted piece of lettuce. The sauce had no taste. The sauce was all over the place too. The outside of the wrapper was a mess because of it.
So, the good you ask? The beef patties are 1000000 gabazillion times tastier than McD's beef patties. Umm, that's all I've got.

rageeumr
10-12-2009, 07:12 AM
I tried one a few weeks back. I really, really like Hardee's Thickburgers, but the Big Mac beats the Big Hardee hands down.

Skip Towne
10-12-2009, 07:16 AM
This thread is 500 bagazillion kinds of FAIL

cookster50
10-12-2009, 07:21 AM
This thread is 500 bagazillion kinds of FAIL

Thanks, coming from the one that experiences FAIL the most, that means a lot.

BY1401
10-12-2009, 07:30 AM
I thought Hardees' commercials were pointing out that they had more meat and cheese than the Big Mac. I didn't think that toppings were a subject of their ridicule.

MichaelH
10-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Hardees' patties are better because they're at least beef. McDoggle's uses kangaroo or something. I try to stay away from both.

InChiefsHeaven
10-12-2009, 07:34 AM
McDonalds new Angus Burgers are actually palatable, but the Hardees Thickburger rules.

cookster50
10-12-2009, 07:45 AM
I thought Hardees' commercials were pointing out that they had more meat and cheese than the Big Mac. I didn't think that toppings were a subject of their ridicule.

Eh, could be. I couldn't remember the details.

Kylo Ren
10-12-2009, 08:04 AM
This thread is worthless without pics!

Frazod
10-12-2009, 08:10 AM
I love the Hardees mushroom and swiss burger. Best burger ever.

I'll never understand people who like a bunch of extra crap on burgers. If I want a salad I'll order one. I don't want one on top of my friggin burger.

gblowfish
10-12-2009, 08:13 AM
What happened to the Hardees commercials with nubile chicks wolfing down a burger like they were going down on someone?

I miss those commercials...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzwxmy1TWNM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzwxmy1TWNM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gblowfish
10-12-2009, 09:03 AM
This one is especially subtile...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIY3gkCUATs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIY3gkCUATs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

L.A. Chieffan
10-12-2009, 09:22 AM
You know what I still don't understand. Why is it Hardee's there and Carl's Jr. over here? Like you're talking about the Big Hardee but we call it the Big Carl. Is there some reason why it can't be Carl's Jr. or Hardees everywhere? Will it collapse our entire economic system? Will people riot in the streets if their chain restaurant changes names but keeps the exact same product?

LaChapelle
10-12-2009, 09:29 AM
MD's angus burger wasn't bad, until the greasy rock feeling in the pit of my stomach set in. I don't eat french fries, it wasn't those.

Frazod
10-12-2009, 09:34 AM
The McDonald's angus burger is okay, but it's a bit dry. Of the major three, Wendy's continues to have the best burgers hands down.

MOhillbilly
10-12-2009, 09:38 AM
fast food is gross. blah. when i roll down north kearney between n.broadway and n.kansas sometimes i wanna puke cause it smells so bad.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-12-2009, 09:52 AM
I'll never understand people who like a bunch of extra crap on burgers. If I want a salad I'll order one. I don't want one on top of my friggin burger.

Agreed... not to mention the lettuce, tomatos, onions and pickles usually look like they were stored in the underwear of the most over weight employee at the place until being disbatched onto your sammich. Seriously is it really rocket science to keep this stuff a little bit fresh? Ugh.