PDA

View Full Version : Football BuckinKaeding - what are your thoughts on Broncos @ Chargers?

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 12:09 PM
You've had some time to digest this one and Norv has had 2 weeks to prepare for Denver. As I stated in another thread... the home team typically wins these match-ups when you look at the history of the AFCW.

Denver has a great shot to win, but they're also due for a loss... the undefeated streak won't last. I think San Diego is more like Dallas than New England - very nice players with high expectations, but a mediocre coaching staff.

I think the game will be very close and SD could very well win, but I think Denver pulls out the victory. I won't be shocked at all though by a loss... but if Denver does lose, it won't be by more than 6 points.

**fully expecting resounding support for the Chargers** :-)

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm going on my 28th hour without sleep right now. Take that into consideration.

I think that we are going to beat you, by at least 17 points.

Its going to be very loud in SD on Monday Night, and frankly you guys don't play that great here.

Sure-Oz
10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
35-17 chargers, rivers throws 4 td passes

2 turnovers by orton and a fumble by moreno

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 12:13 PM
17 points? Wow.

Denver hasn't given up more than 17 points in a game through 5 games.

Chargers only beat the Raiders by 4 and the Dolphins by 10... I think you need to get some sleep and go back to your calculator when you're refreshed.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
17 points? Wow.

Denver hasn't given up more than 17 points in a game through 5 games.

Chargers only beat the Raiders by 4 and the Dolphins by 10... I think you need to get some sleep and go back to your calculator when you're refreshed.

2008: Chargers 52 - Broncos 21
2007: Chargers 23 - Broncos 3
2006: Chargers 48 - Broncos 20
2005: Broncos 23 - Chargers 7
2004: Chargers 20 - Broncos 17
2003: Broncos 37 - Chargers 13
2002: Chargers 30 - Broncos 27
2001: Chargers 27 - Broncos 10

Only twice in the last 8 games played in SD between these two teams has there been a margin of victory below 16 points.

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 12:21 PM
2008: Chargers 52 - Broncos 21
2007: Chargers 23 - Broncos 3
2006: Chargers 48 - Broncos 20
2005: Broncos 23 - Chargers 7
2004: Chargers 20 - Broncos 17
2003: Broncos 37 - Chargers 13
2002: Chargers 30 - Broncos 27
2001: Chargers 27 - Broncos 10

Only twice in the last 8 games played in SD between these two teams has there been a margin of victory below 16 points.

Ohhhh, ok. I forgot that as a part of the "NFL Legacy Celebration" the Broncos were bringing back their defense from 2006-2008. Thanks for reminding me...

Is LT also going to account for 300 yards and 7 TDs like he did from 06-08... silly man.

Bwana
10-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Denver by 3+

Buck
Ohhhh, ok. I forgot that as a part of the "NFL Legacy Celebration" the Broncos were bringing back their defense from 2006-2008. Thanks for reminding me...

A trend is a trend when it takes place over 8 years. The Broncos had a couple blowouts in there too. I just think that when these teams play eachother one team gets ahead and keeps the pedal to the metal.

Sure-Oz
Chargers did tear up the steelers D late, i assume denver wont take them lightly though

Mr. Flopnuts
Denver by 3+

This.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:23 PM
This.

I'll Kill You.

Sure-Oz
10-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm also kinda biased since Rivers is my fantasy football QB

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2009, 12:24 PM
I'll Kill You.

I'm sorry dude, I'm rooting for the Chargers. It's one of only 4 games a year that I'll root for them. But I'm not betting against Denver anymore. They're proving me wrong week after week. Maybe some reverse Flopnutted mojo is exactly what those bitches need.

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 12:25 PM
A trend is a trend when it takes place over 8 years. The Broncos had a couple blowouts in there too. I just think that when these teams play eachother one team gets ahead and keeps the pedal to the metal.

Well, sure... but the team dynamics have changed pretty dramatically. I just wouldn't get too cozy with the trends if I were you though, there won't be a blowout.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm sorry dude, I'm rooting for the Chargers. It's one of only 4 games a year that I'll root for them. But I'm not betting against Denver anymore. They're proving me wrong week after week. Maybe some reverse Flopnutted mojo is exactly what those bitches need.

Well I know that sarcasm is totally hard to read when a post is only 3 words, but I was totally messing around.

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Also, in the last two defeats at SD... while LT was a force, Cutler threw 1 TD and 4 INTs... that negative dynamic is gone. Cutler didn't fare well @ SD, we'll see if Orton can reverse that trend.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:27 PM
By the way MHM, I noticed that the Chargers - Broncos 2002 classic will be on NFL Network this week.

I believe that was Tomlinson's 220+ Yard game, the most in his career. I want to say it was an Overtime win too, with Elam missing a crucial Field Goal near the end of the game or in Overtime.

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 12:28 PM
By the way MHM, I noticed that the Chargers - Broncos 2002 classic will be on NFL Network this week.

I believe that was Tomlinson's 220+ Yard game, the most in his career. I want to say it was an Overtime win too, with Elam missing a crucial Field Goal near the end of the game or in Overtime.

Saw that as well... I do miss Elam though, I don't like Prater at all.

Gadzooks

Its going to be very loud in SD on Monday Night, and frankly you guys don't play that great here.

This.

HerculesRockefell
I'm going on my 28th hour without sleep right now. Take that into consideration.

It's gonna be loud? Like we need an extension to sell out our home opener type of loud? Sell the game out first, then we'll talk about the noise level.

That's pretty damn cool that the Bolts will put up 35 on the #1 scoring defense in the league, a full 10 points above their scoring offense avg up to this point.

Mile High Mania
This.

Solid insight... something you might hear from Norv in the pregame address to the team.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
It's gonna be loud? Like we need an extension to sell out our home opener type of loud? Sell the game out first, then we'll talk about the noise level.

That's pretty damn cool that the Bolts will put up 35 on the #1 scoring defense in the league, a full 10 points above their scoring offense avg up to this point.

It will be loud regardless.

The noise level coming from 62,000 fans is not much quieter than that coming from 66,000 fans.

Moran.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Saw that as well... I do miss Elam though, I don't like Prater at all.

Man it'll be nice to relive the glory days of Tomlinson as a young-pup.

Sure-Oz
Solid insight... something you might hear from Norv in the pregame address to the team.

are marshall and royal going to start being fantasy players again?

Sure-Oz
Man it'll be nice to relive the glory days of Tomlinson as a young-pup.

He kinda sucks now nad doesn't fit in the offense now but he was a stud years ago

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 12:32 PM
are marshall and royal going to start being fantasy players again?

Probably... I dropped Royal in 1 league last week, so the answer is likely yes.

Sure-Oz
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Probably... I dropped Royal in 1 league last week, so the answer is likely yes.

I dropped him last week as well, figures he catches 10 balls yesterday

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Well I know that sarcasm is totally hard to read when a post is only 3 words, but I was totally messing around.

LOL I knew. I was STILL sorry. It has to be hard to be as bad as the Chargers are without seeing it coming.

HerculesRockefell
10-12-2009, 12:34 PM
It will be loud regardless.

The noise level coming from 62,000 fans is not much quieter than that coming from 66,000 fans.

Moran.

All of which will be Bolt fans I'm sure, because the Broncos never travel well to San Diego.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2009, 12:34 PM
ROFL @ Chargers fans and Donko fans using a Chiefs board as a medium to talk shit to each other.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
All of which will be Bolt fans I'm sure, because the Broncos never travel well to San Diego.

Jesus Christ Pal.

You do not want to mess w/ me and get me all riled up. I havent slept since early Sunday Morning.

See that bolded name, that means I have powers beyond anything you can imagine...

Go ahead, test me...see what happens.

Sure-Oz
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
why haven't you slept since sunday morning

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Jesus Christ Pal.

You do not want to mess w/ me and get me all riled up. I havent slept since early Sunday Morning.

See that bolded name, that means I have powers beyond anything you can imagine...

:LOL: Buck is about to jump off the deep end. To the canoe!!!!

vailpass
10-12-2009, 12:38 PM

ROFL That dreaded Charger home advantage. Surfs up dude.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:39 PM
why haven't you slept since sunday morning

I think I was in shock that the Broncos were 5-0...

Just kidding.

My head was spinning all night, I was really dizzy, and just couldn't get to sleep. I tried for 4 hours before I gave up and took a shower and went into work at 3:30 in the morning.

At least I get to leave work at 12 today.

Mile High Mania
Jesus Christ Pal.

That had to be sarcasm... sleep deprived sarcasm. Are the SD games blacked out locally? I haven't honestly heard.

Sure-Oz

Just kidding.

My head was spinning all night, I was really dizzy, and just couldn't get to sleep. I tried for 4 hours before I gave up and took a shower and went into work at 3:30 in the morning.

At least I get to leave work at 12 today.

That is not good, hope you feel better and get some rest...you'll need it with uncharted 2 coming out tomorrow

Buck

Look up about 15 posts or so.

Chargers 6-2 against the Broncos in their last 8 at Qualcomm.

Idiot.

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 12:40 PM

Wait... I swear this was taken straight from Norv's comments this morning.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
That had to be sarcasm... sleep deprived sarcasm. Are the SD games blacked out locally? I haven't honestly heard.

No, we got an extension for the first game, the second game sold out in time, and this game it is yet to be seen.

I'll be attending the game though.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Wait... I swear this was taken straight from Norv's comments this morning.

ROFL

That was pretty funny, I gotta give you credit.

Simply Red
10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
as Chief's fans, we've already won, referencing this game.

vailpass
10-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Look up about 15 posts or so.

Chargers 6-2 against the Broncos in their last 8 at Qualcomm.

Idiot.

Charger fan is so cute when he gets aggressive. It's like being cussed at by a koala bear.

listopencil
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
We have no chance. The mighty San Diego Offense will destroy our D and we can't move the ball against them with Kyle Orton at QB. The league will force us to start wearing Charger uni's when we play at San Diego from now on, that's how bad this ass whipping of Biblical proportions is going to be. They'll have to come up with a new name for this game, because it certainly won't be professional football. We have no chance. Pity us.

Buck
10-12-2009, 12:51 PM
We have no chance.

FYP.

Gadzooks
10-12-2009, 12:51 PM

It's not so much the SD home crowd that will make the difference. The Donks always have a huge home field advatage playing at Mile High due to the thin air alone. The Bolts can stomp them w/o the use of oxegen tanks. Easy.

Garcia Bronco
10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Chargers are going to kill us by 24 points.

Buck
10-12-2009, 01:12 PM
I love the sarcastic arrogance that the Broncos fans have all of the sudden.

Can't wait to make your predictions come true.

Garcia Bronco
10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Charger fan is so cute when he gets aggressive. It's like being cussed at by a koala bear.

A Koala Bar on a Klondike Bar Label.

Garcia Bronco
10-12-2009, 01:18 PM

You can try.

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 01:23 PM

My arrogance is really just for this one game... there aren't many SD fans around, I don't know of any personally... so taunting you and the other guy (Gadzooks) is a rare chance for us. The 5-0 record is what it is to me... it's a nice start and I'm just taking this chance to trade barbs with a breed of fan that isn't found too often.

I live in Dallas and honestly, I have never run into a Chargers' fan... not smack, just being honest.

CoMoChief
10-12-2009, 01:39 PM
To be honest I'm still not impressed with Denver.

I think the Chargers will piss pound them.

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 02:10 PM
To be honest I'm still not impressed with Denver.

I think the Chargers will piss pound them.

What exactly is a piss pounding?

TEX
10-12-2009, 03:06 PM
When folks start thinking the Broncos are for real, that's when they will start to lose.

TEX
10-12-2009, 03:08 PM

They are ALL born with it. Though the one's here are pretty level headed and know their stuff.

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
When folks start thinking the Broncos are for real, that's when they will start to lose.

Hopefully, that's where the veterans come into plan... Dawkins, Bailey, Hill, Goodman... they've all been around the block a time or two. Offensively, I'm not sure who the veteran leadership is really... Orton is about as close as you get and with the wins and the confidence, he could be able to play that role with them.

vailpass
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM

God Charger fan trying to be hard is so cute! I just want to pinch your little cheeks.

Quiet Storm
10-12-2009, 08:11 PM

ummm you can talk about extensions all you want be we've been sold out straight since 2003 at the Q. Try Again.

and yes...I expect us to give them a thorough ass kicking. The players in our locker room have owned Denver and the rest of the West for years. Now, recently, they've had to hear AJ speak out in the Media, everyone talking about them underachieving, and now throw in the overachieving Broncos being the talked over the bye week. Donks will be made an example of.

Quesadilla Joe
10-12-2009, 08:19 PM

I should have read this post before giving you positive rep.:cuss:

Quesadilla Joe
10-12-2009, 08:22 PM
The Chargers had an edge against us mentally the past 2 years. Before every Broncos VS Chargers game I expected the Chargers to blow us out. Week 17 last year I knew that we were beaten before the game was even played.

The Chargers don't have that edge anymore.

Quiet Storm
10-12-2009, 08:23 PM
The Chargers don't have that edge anymore.

yeah, we'll see Monday.

Mile High Mania
10-12-2009, 08:24 PM
yeah, we'll see Monday.

Oh yeah? Yeah... ? Me and you, after school... parking lot, 3pm.

Quiet Storm
10-12-2009, 08:27 PM
The napoleon complex that HoMo talked about is still very evident with Donk fans.

Can't wait til the Chargers take the smug look off McKid's face. It will be great.

vailpass
10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
The napoleon complex that HoMo talked about is still very evident with Donk fans.

Can't wait til the Chargers take the smug look off McKid's face. It will be great.

Chargers: never have, never will. Keep on yapping little doggy.

Quesadilla Joe
10-12-2009, 08:31 PM

Nobody is worried about the Chargers anymore. Denver needs to stop the run with 7 guys and keep 2 safeties deep to stop Rivers from throwing his jump balls. I think Denver can do that because your running game isn't what it was 3 years ago.

StcChief
10-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Dolts get by. 3 points

Marcellus
10-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Only on CP would there be shit talking thread between Donk and Sandy Eggo fans.

We may suck in the standings but even the other teams fans come here to talk shit with each other. LMAO.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2009, 04:33 AM

Napoleon complex? ROFL

big nasty kcnut
10-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Kansas superman darren sproles 2 td and sd win.
Posted via Mobile Device

kepp
10-13-2009, 07:01 AM
You've had some time to digest this one and Norv has had 2 weeks to prepare for Denver.

Norv...prepare?

Msmith
10-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Kansas superman darren sproles 2 td and sd win.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speaking of Sproles, why wasn't he running against the Steelers? Was it Norv's decision? And he will play Sproles this time?

Herewego
10-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Who would have thought the Chargers would be facing a "must win" situation in their 5th game of the season? They were supposed to win this division in a breeze.

If they lose, they drop 3 and a half games behind the Broncos. And it already looks like the wild cards will come out of the AFC East (Patriots or Jets) and North (Bengals, Ravens or Steelers).

sd4chiefs
10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Only on CP would there be shit talking thread between Donk and Sandy Eggo fans.

We may suck in the standings but even the other teams fans come here to talk shit with each other. LMAO.

Our team sucks so bad other teams fans don't even bother to come here and talk smack anymore. :(

kcxiv
10-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Eh, i dont care what either of them teams do. I just nkow they are better then us and the bottom of the barrel is the Chiefs and Raiders. Take your pick, they both suck complete ass.

ohiobronco2
10-13-2009, 05:36 PM
My arrogance is really just for this one game... there aren't many SD fans around, I don't know of any personally... so taunting you and the other guy (Gadzooks) is a rare chance for us. The 5-0 record is what it is to me... it's a nice start and I'm just taking this chance to trade barbs with a breed of fan that isn't found too often.

I live in Dallas and honestly, I have never run into a Chargers' fan... not smack, just being honest.

You cant find them in San Diego either.

Param
10-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Should be a good game to watch. Will the donkos D stop Rivers & co? Will donkos run all over the pathetic dolts D? I'll go with Donkos 27-24.

Quiet Storm
10-14-2009, 03:00 AM
No game has been blacked out in SD for over 5 years (excluding preseason). Please continue, however. No Charger fans in Dallas? Ok...is that suppose to be your form of an insult?

The lack of intelligence and experience is glaring when dealing with these people.

Mile High Mania
10-14-2009, 04:24 AM
No game has been blacked out in SD for over 5 years (excluding preseason). Please continue, however. No Charger fans in Dallas? Ok...is that suppose to be your form of an insult?

The lack of intelligence and experience is glaring when dealing with these people.

You strike me as being very young...

Anyway, Dallas is a place where you have a lot of people from all over. When I go to work, I am surrounded by more people from "out of state" than those that were born in Texas. My point is ... I have run into fans of just about every team and over the last 16 years, I can remember meeting 2 Chargers' fans... but none for a while. It's just rare.

Buck
10-14-2009, 09:32 AM
You strike me as being very young...

Anyway, Dallas is a place where you have a lot of people from all over. When I go to work, I am surrounded by more people from "out of state" than those that were born in Texas. My point is ... I have run into fans of just about every team and over the last 16 years, I can remember meeting 2 Chargers' fans... but none for a while. It's just rare.

You know why you haven't? I do.

Its a very strange happening that I would say only takes place in San Diego.

I would say that about 90% of my friends (that are my age) are Native San Diegans, yet I would say that my parents, my friends parents, and 90% of their friends are not native San Diegans. We get so many transplants here.

Once that generation moved on out here, they loved it (because San Diego is awesome), so they would never move away. Why would anyone want to move to Texas or anywhere else for that matter after living in San Diego? They wouldn't.

My generation is mostly Natives. Again, most of us love San Diego so much that we'd never leave, and even if we wanted too, theres not that many of us who have reached that age/responsibility yet, we're still pretty young. I'm only 23 and I couldn't imagine leaving here and starting life elsewhere at this point, as I'm sure it is with my peers. Even if I was ready for that, I wouldn't want to, San Diego is just that awesome.

While everyone makes jokes about the Chargers not having fans, its absolutely not true. I live in San Diego and I see them every day. The Chargers have had a loyal fanbase in San Diego since the team started here in 1961.

Anyways, I didn't mean to go all philosophical on your asses, but I just did.

Mile High Mania
10-14-2009, 09:46 AM

Its a very strange happening that I would say only takes place in San Diego.

I would say that about 90% of my friends (that are my age) are Native San Diegans, yet I would say that my parents, my friends parents, and 90% of their friends are not native San Diegans. We get so many transplants here.

Once that generation moved on out here, they loved it (because San Diego is awesome), so they would never move away. Why would anyone want to move to Texas or anywhere else for that matter after living in San Diego? They wouldn't.

My generation is mostly Natives. Again, most of us love San Diego so much that we'd never leave, and even if we wanted too, theres not that many of us who have reached that age/responsibility yet, we're still pretty young. I'm only 23 and I couldn't imagine leaving here and starting life elsewhere at this point, as I'm sure it is with my peers. Even if I was ready for that, I wouldn't want to, San Diego is just that awesome.

While everyone makes jokes about the Chargers not having fans, its absolutely not true. I live in San Diego and I see them every day. The Chargers have had a loyal fanbase in San Diego since the team started here in 1961.

I don't know if that's what you did, but ok. Don't get me wrong, I've been to SD and I loved it... great weather and lots to do. But, in a city like Dallas (lots of transplants as well), it's just odd that I don't run into any Chargers' fans. I've met lots of people that are from SD and surrounding areas, but they're not or have not been Chargers fans. It's just odd to me.

But, yeah... I totally understand why people would want to live there... now regarding Texas. I love being 3 hours from either coast... no state income tax and crazy affordable standard of living.

vailpass
10-14-2009, 10:50 AM

The fact you have ever had a blackout says all that needs to be said.

sd4chiefs
10-14-2009, 10:51 AM

I'm only 23 and I couldn't imagine leaving here and starting life elsewhere at this point, as I'm sure it is with my peers. Even if I was ready for that, I wouldn't want to, San Diego is just that awesome.

I moved to San Diego from Kansas City 14 years ago. I love it here.

vailpass
10-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I moved to San Diego from Kansas City 14 years ago. I love it here.

Not bad to visit, a little crowded for me.

Mile High Mania
10-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Survey Says...

Broncos 24 and Chargers 23 ... very tight race so far. I'm surprised this isn't more in favor of the Chargers.

Mile High Mania
10-16-2009, 11:55 AM
I wanted to bring this up again... I'll be leaving Sunday for a week in Orlando. But, the Chargers' defense gives me solid hope about a Broncos' win on Monday Night.

The Raiders, Ravens and Steelers all hit the 20 points scored mark against the Chargers.

The Chargers' offense has only held the TOP advantage in 1 game... against the Ravens. Interesting. (Denver owns TOP in 3 of their 5, just in case you're curious)

2009 Chargers' Defense (through 4 games - losses to Steelers/Ravens and wins over Raiders/Dolphins)

#26 Total Defense
#27 vs Run
#12 vs Pass
#20 scoring
#27 Sacks (6 as a team)

http://getsbybuckner.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/turner_norv1204.jpg

"I took over a team that finished 14-2 and have turned them into a 21-15 powerhouse of fail... "

Mile High Mania
10-16-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2902_Real_and_spectacular_Week_6_picks.html

And, how can you argue with these guys...

Buck
10-16-2009, 11:57 AM
I count Chargers 25-24, FWIW

BoltsWinAgain
10-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Bolts by 3 - Doesn't matter how we do it, thats my opinion. :D

BoltsWinAgain
10-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Definately Impressed with the Bronco's though this year. My brother almost turned in his Bronco card but i think he's gonna stay. haha Even though the coach looks like his voice just changed, he's kick'n ass!

Mile High Mania
10-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Chargers have the home field advantage in the voting... 27-26.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2009, 07:11 AM
BK ... did you know?

The Chargers have been outrushed 604 yards to 215. . . .wild.

listopencil
10-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Check this out, line rankings:

2009 Defensive Hog Index (through Week 5)
<table style="border-collapse: separate;" bgcolor="#99ff99" border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="590"> <colgroup> <col width="64"> <col width="141"> <col span="7" width="64"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl24" height="18" width="15">
</td> <td class="xl24" width="141">Team </td> <td class="xl24" width="64">YPA </td> <td class="xl24" width="64"># </td> <td class="xl24" width="64">NPP% </td> <td class="xl24" width="64"># </td> <td class="xl24" width="64">3down% </td> <td class="xl24" width="64">#</td> <td class="xl24" width="64">Avg </td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">1</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Denver</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.29</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">5</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">12.5</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">5</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">28.36</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">3</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">2</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Philadelphia</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.66</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">8</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">14.67</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">1</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">31.03</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">5</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">3t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Baltimore</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.04</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">3</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">10.59</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">6</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">34.43</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">8</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">5.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">3t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">New Orleans</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.81</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">11</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">12.88</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">4</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">26.79</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">2</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">5.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">5</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Minnesota</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.78</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">10</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">13.11</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">3</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">32.79</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">7</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">6</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Miami</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.38</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">6</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">9.74</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">8</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">36.21</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">12</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">7</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">N.Y. Giants</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.81</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">27</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">13.57</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">2</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">24.14</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">1</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">10</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">8</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Arizona</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">2.93</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">2</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.59</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">25</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">34.48</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">9</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">12</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">9</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Cincinnati</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.22</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">19</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">9.42</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">9</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">35.82</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">10</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">12.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">10</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">San Francisco</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.28</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">4</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.59</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">16</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">39.74</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">19</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">13</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">11</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Chicago</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.82</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">12</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">10.12</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">7</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">40.0</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">21</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">13.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">12</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Tennessee</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">2.77</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">1</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.44</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">26</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">36.99</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">14</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">13.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">13</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Seattle</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.77</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">26</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">9.04</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">13</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">32.31</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">6</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">15</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">14</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Green Bay</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.51</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">7</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">9.16</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">11</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">43.86</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">28</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">15.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">15t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Dallas</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.19</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">17</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.22</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">27</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">30.16</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">4</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">16</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">15t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Oakland</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.28</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">20</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.5</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">17</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">35.82</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">11</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">16</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">17</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Washington</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.99</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">14</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.67</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">15</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">41.18</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">23</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">17.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">18</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Pittsburgh</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.74</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">9</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.12</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">19</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">42.42</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">26</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">18</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">19</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Tampa Bay</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.65</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">24</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">9.29</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">10</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">40.32</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">22</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">18.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">20t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Buffalo</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.66</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">25</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.74</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">14</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">40.0</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">20</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">19.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">20t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Carolina</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.98</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">30</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">9.09</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">12</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">38.3</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">17</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">19.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">22</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Detroit</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.93</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">28</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">7.6</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">22</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">36.54</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">13</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">21</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">23</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">N.Y. Jets</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.21</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">18</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.42</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">30</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">37.88</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">16</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">21.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">24t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Indianapolis</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.06</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">16</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.17</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">18</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">45.57</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">31</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">21.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">24t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">St. Louis</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.01</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">15</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">7.74</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">20</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">44.44</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">30</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">21.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">26</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">New England</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.44</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">22</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.67</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">24</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">41.38</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">24</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">23.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">27</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Jacksonville</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.84</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">13</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.28</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">31</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">44.44</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">29</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">24.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">28</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">San Diego</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.61</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">23</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">7.69</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">21</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">48.98</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">32</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">25.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">29t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Atlanta</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.93</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">29</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.92</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">23</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">41.82</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">25</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">25.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">29t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Cleveland</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">5.1</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">31</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.11</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">28</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">38.67</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">18</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">25.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">29t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Kansas City</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.37</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">21</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.47</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">29</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">42.86</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">27</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">25.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">32</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Houston</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">5.13</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">32</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.55</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">32</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">37.5</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">15</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">26.33</td></tr></tbody></table>

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_1135_2009_Defensive_Hog_Index.html

listopencil
10-17-2009, 09:41 AM
...and the Offense:

2009 Offensive Hog Index (through Week 5)
<table style="border-collapse: separate;" bgcolor="#99ff99" border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="590"> <colgroup> <col width="64"> <col width="141"> <col span="7" width="64"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl24" height="18" width="15"></td> <td class="xl24" width="141">Team </td> <td class="xl24" width="64">YPA </td> <td class="xl24" width="64"># </td> <td class="xl24" width="64">NPP% </td> <td class="xl24" width="64"># </td> <td class="xl24" width="64">3down% </td> <td class="xl24" width="64">#</td> <td class="xl24" width="64">Avg </td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">1</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">N.Y. Giants</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.46</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">9</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.18</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">1</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">47.89</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">4</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">2</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">New Orleans</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.96</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">3</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.51</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">5</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">44.44</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">8</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">5.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">3</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Baltimore</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.91</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">4</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.25</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">8</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">46.88</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">5</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">5.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">4</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Tennessee</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">5.27</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">2</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.22</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">7</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">38.24</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">15</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">5</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Miami</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.84</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">5</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">10.19</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">22</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">56</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">1</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">9.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">6</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Denver</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.57</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">8</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">5.2</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">6</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">38.1</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">16</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">10</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">7</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Indianapolis</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.34</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">28</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.28</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">3</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">50.85</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">2</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">11</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">8</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Dallas</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">5.92</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">1</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">7.47</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">14</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">36.67</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">19</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">11.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">9t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Jacksonville</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.63</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">6</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">7.14</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">12</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">36.76</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">18</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">12</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">9t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Minnesota</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.08</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">17</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">7.83</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">16</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">48.57</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">3</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">12</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">11t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Atlanta</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.51</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">26</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.2</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">2</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">44</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">9</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">12.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">11t</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Philadelphia</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.35</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">12</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">7.43</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">13</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">42.31</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">12</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">12.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">13</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">New England</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.63</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">25</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.3</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">4</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">43.84</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">10</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">13</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">14</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Pittsburgh</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.86</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">18</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">9.68</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">21</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">46.55</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">6</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">15</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">15</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Seattle</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.67</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">23</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.8</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">10</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">41.33</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">13</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">15.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">16</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Cincinnati</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.4</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">10</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.99</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">20</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">37.5</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">17</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">15.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">17</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">St. Louis</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.38</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">11</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.67</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">18</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">33.33</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">22</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">17</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">18</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Tampa Bay</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.22</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">14</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">7.58</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">15</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">28.99</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">26</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">18.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">19</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Green Bay</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.24</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">13</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">14.29</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">30</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">38.78</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">14</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">19</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">20</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Detroit</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.66</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">24</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">11.76</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">27</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">45</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">7</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">19.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">21</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">N.Y. Jets</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.1</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">16</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">10.42</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">23</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">35.29</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">20</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">19.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">22</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">San Diego</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">2.69</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">32</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.12</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">17</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">43.14</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">11</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">20</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">23</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Chicago</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.76</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">21</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">8.82</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">19</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">33.33</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">21</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">20.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">24</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Houston</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">2.99</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">31</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.42</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">9</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">29.23</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">25</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">21.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">25</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Buffalo</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.63</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">7</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">14.37</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">31</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">26.56</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">28</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">22</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">26</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">San Francisco</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">4.21</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">15</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">11.18</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">25</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">28.17</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">27</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">22.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">27</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Arizona</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.1</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">30</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">6.82</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">11</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">26.09</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">29</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">23.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">28</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Washington</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.73</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">22</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">11.73</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">26</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">33.33</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">23</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">23.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">29</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Carolina</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.78</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">20</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">14.48</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">32</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">31.25</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">24</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">25.33</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">30</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Cleveland</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.85</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">19</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">12.79</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">28</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">26.03</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">30</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">25.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">31</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Kansas City</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.46</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">27</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">11.05</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">24</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">20.59</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">32</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">27.67</td></tr> <tr height="18"> <td class="xl25" height="18" width="15">32</td> <td class="xl26" width="141">Oakland</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">3.27</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">29</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">13.14</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">29</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">25.4</td> <td class="xl25" width="64">31</td> <td class="xl27" width="64">29.67</td></tr></tbody></table>

Buck
10-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Doesnt help when your all-pro Center (Nick Hardwick) and all-pro Nose Tackle (Jamal Williams) are out.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Doesnt help when your all-pro Center (Nick Hardwick) and all-pro Nose Tackle (Jamal Williams) are out.

Sounds like injury is the lone true consistent theme you can ride... you've used it to defend Marty's (err, I mean) ... Norv's regular season record drop since taking over for Marty.

You've used injuries to explain away why they haven't done much either to start off last year, reaching the Superbowl ... hell, you name it and you've got a handful of injuries to point to as a defense.

That's cool... I admit that injuries are a part of the game and every team deals with them, hell... Denver went through what seemed to be 23 RBs in 2008. But, they didn't suck because of that - they just weren't that good as a team.

San Diego... they get a lot of love, but I don't see it. I said it in the preseason and I stand by it... you have the Colts, Giants, Steelers, Patriots that have consistency and skins on the wall... the Chargers are not there nor should they be viewed on that level, but many in the MSM do.

Oh well... SD will be 2-3 after this week and everyone will say "Well, I still don't know what to think of Denver. They beat a few spares, got lucky vs Cincy... beat an underwhelming Cowboys, went OT with a Patriots team not exactly 100% because of Brady's return from injury and a SD team that we have all over-rated."

Denver could win by 20 on MNF and there's going to be a good reason as to why it was more what SD was lacking (injury, etc) than what Denver possibly has as a team. But, again... that's cool.

We'll what happens.

orange
10-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Check this out, line rankings:

2009 Defensive Hog Index (through Week 5)

Where's that Schlereth "garbage" GIF? I want to make it my signature.

Buck
10-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Sounds like injury is the lone true consistent theme you can ride... you've used it to defend Marty's (err, I mean) ... Norv's regular season record drop since taking over for Marty.

You've used injuries to explain away why they haven't done much either to start off last year, reaching the Superbowl ... hell, you name it and you've got a handful of injuries to point to as a defense.

That's cool... I admit that injuries are a part of the game and every team deals with them, hell... Denver went through what seemed to be 23 RBs in 2008. But, they didn't suck because of that - they just weren't that good as a team.

San Diego... they get a lot of love, but I don't see it. I said it in the preseason and I stand by it... you have the Colts, Giants, Steelers, Patriots that have consistency and skins on the wall... the Chargers are not there nor should they be viewed on that level, but many in the MSM do.

Oh well... SD will be 2-3 after this week and everyone will say "Well, I still don't know what to think of Denver. They beat a few spares, got lucky vs Cincy... beat an underwhelming Cowboys, went OT with a Patriots team not exactly 100% because of Brady's return from injury and a SD team that we have all over-rated."

Denver could win by 20 on MNF and there's going to be a good reason as to why it was more what SD was lacking (injury, etc) than what Denver possibly has as a team. But, again... that's cool.

We'll what happens.

I'm blaming the injuries of our main 2 players on the team, the keystones of the OLine and DLine, which are definitely the 2 most important groups of people on the team, for our bad stats. We'll still beat you, and I'm assuming that by our Week 11 matchup, we'll overtake you in the standings.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm blaming the injuries of our main 2 players on the team, the keystones of the OLine and DLine, which are definitely the 2 most important groups of people on the team, for our bad stats. We'll still beat you, and I'm assuming that by our Week 11 matchup, we'll overtake you in the standings.

Ahhh... ok. I think SD is in a good spot here, playing at home - coming off a bye ... needing a win and catching a Denver team 5-0 on the road a week after beating the Patriots and getting all sorts of love.

I'm interested to see how they play now that the spotlight is on them and people are starting to believe in them.

Buck
10-17-2009, 01:15 PM
To be honest, I just feel like Denver has no chance this week, when you consider everything.

They may be the better team, but...

1. Playing on the Road
2. Playing a desperate team
3. Playing a night game (on the road)
4. Not many teams win 6 games in a row
5. Recent history of Denver @ San Diego
6. Chargers coming off a bye

I'll be interested to see how Denver plays after losing a game (whenever that may be).

Mile High Mania
10-17-2009, 01:41 PM
To be honest, I just feel like Denver has no chance this week, when you consider everything.

They <strike>may be</strike> are playing like the better team, but...

1. Playing on the Road
2. Playing a desperate team
3. <strike>Playing a night game (on the road)</strike>
4. Not many teams win 6 games in a row
5. <strike>Recent history of Denver @ San Diego</strike>
6. <strike>Chargers coming off a bye</strike> Norv cancels this out

Enh, half of those mean little to me... what does night have to do with it? And, Recent history ... more than 1/2 the team was churned since the last time these 2 teams met. Different HC, QB, RBs... defense. The final game of 2008 means little with this group of players.

But, I agree with 1, 2 and 4.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2009, 06:46 PM
It's all locked up at 29 for each...

Quesadilla Joe
10-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Where's that Schlereth "garbage" GIF? I want to make it my signature.

If you ever want to see that just check my profile page, a Chief fan posted that gif like 10 times in my visitor comments before the season started.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2yl30u8.gif

Quesadilla Joe
10-17-2009, 07:52 PM
5. Recent history of Denver @ San Diego

That means nothing. New team. New leaders. New coach. New defense. New QB.

Nothing that happened the past few years works in San Diego's advantage now.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2009, 09:44 PM
It's spelled P-A-S-S R-U-S-H.

jjjayb
10-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Heh. So much for that SD blowout eh? Congrats Donks fans.

listopencil
10-19-2009, 10:11 PM
BTW, I voted SD by 7+ for karma purposes.

Garcia Bronco
10-20-2009, 09:41 AM
It's garbage I tell you

Buck
10-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Congrats, your coach is about 8,402,245,399 times better than Norv.

Mile High Mania
10-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Congrats, your coach is about 8,402,245,399 times better than Norv.

Norv just looks tired and confused on the sideline... I can't imagine his attitude sparks enthusiasm with the players. Do they want to break through walls for him? I dunno... he just looks worn out.

CoMoChief
10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
FUCK DENVER!!! they got lucky (again)

That is all.

Mile High Mania
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
**** DENVER!!! they got lucky (again)

That is all.

That defense isn't all luck, dude... and offensively they're playing well.

Stinger
10-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I am sure Quiet Storm and BWA will be here soon offering up their congratulations to the Donks.

vailpass
10-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I am sure Quiet Storm and BWA will be here soon offering up their congratulations to the Donks.

Oh me too. Any minute now......

Garcia Bronco
10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
**** DENVER!!! they got lucky (again)

That is all.

We got lucky that on like 8 consecutive plays we beat the hell out of their QB in the 4th Q in their house?

Buck
10-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Wait til you play someone good...

lol

Garcia Bronco
10-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Wait til you play someone good...

lol

One of the things Dawkins has preached is that we respect every team we play. I like that. So hopefully when we play the Redskins we'll play hard and not drop off...like under Shanahan.