PDA

View Full Version : Football Chargers Safety Clinton Hart released

Buck
10-14-2009, 10:46 AM
#Chargers have released safety Clint Hart. Solid player who could contribute to any #NFL team.21 minutes ago from UberTwitter

Roman Oben reporting this.

LaChapelle
10-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Hart safety, sounds familiar.

Reerun_KC
10-14-2009, 10:51 AM
LOOK, ROPES, TANK!

Print'em

CoMoChief
10-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Hart safety, sounds familiar.

Shaunard Harts? Worst safety ever?

I remember seeing a pass tipped right to him, stuck his hands out like he was gonna catch it, only to let the ball hit him right in the facemask.

The Franchise
10-14-2009, 10:53 AM
32.....no thanks.

milkman
10-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Shaunard Harts? Worst safety ever?

I remember seeing a pass tipped right to him, stuck his hands out like he was gonna catch it, only to let the ball hit him right in the facemask.

Yeah.

Well, except for the fact that he was better than Mike Brown is right now.

Don't mistake this as a "Harts was good" post.

This is just pointing out that Mike Brown sucks even more than Harts did.

SenselessChiefsFan
10-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Making room for the Dorsey trade.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah, but we absolutely had to cut Bernard Pollard to clear a spot for him.

Mike Brown is worse than Pollard ever was. Or Harts. Or Wesley.

The only safety I can ever remember sucking worse than Brown was the decaying corpse of Jerome Woods (possibly a dumber contract than LJ).

But I'm sure Goatse will be along to swing from his dangle soon enough. Think he'll get "Gif'd up"?

LaChapelle
10-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Making room for the Dorsey trade.

Shut up woman get off the Dorsey ROFL
Lemonade lemonade

LaChapelle
10-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah, but we absolutely had to cut Bernard Pollard to clear a spot for him.

Mike Brown is worse than Pollard ever was. Or Harts. Or Wesley.

The only safety I can ever remember sucking worse than Brown was the decaying corpse of Jerome Woods (possibly a dumber contract than LJ).

But I'm sure Goatse will be along to swing from his dangle soon enough. Think he'll get "Gif'd up"?

I'd rather a young safety learn and take over for Brown than Pollard. Brown was once good, but not worth arguing over.

BigChiefFan
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't see how anyone can say Brown is worse than Pollard. Pollard blew so many coverage plays, it's not even comparable.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't see how anyone can say Brown is worse than Pollard. Pollard blew so many coverage plays, it's not even comparable.

Are you kidding?

Have you watched Brown play this season? When has Brown ever been anywhere near his man in coverage? Even Brown supporters won't attempt to defend him in coverage.

They'll say "he's a more sure tackler and better run supporter than Pollard" but I've yet to see anyone have the stones to say he's any better in coverage. They both sucked abysmally but Pollard at least had a little bit of closing speed. Brown is slower than Sammy Knight.

And to this point, appears to be an even worse tackler than Pollard.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2009, 11:02 AM

Brown's blown more in 5 games than Pollard did all of last year.

God, I wish I had access to the clips Clayton does, Mike Brown takes worse angles, and bites harder on play action than Pollard ever did - and Pollard is young and coachable - Brown is what he is.

Garbage.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2009, 11:07 AM

God, I wish I had access to the clips Clayton does, Mike Brown takes worse angles, and bites harder on play action than Pollard ever did - and Pollard is young and coachable - Brown is what he is.

Garbage.

But Pollard got upset with his position coach during two-a-days. He's clearly an uncoachable malcontent.

Brown's a reliable puppe...veteran. He'll bend over and do whatever Haley says because nobody else will employ his sorry ass...shit; I didn't mean that. I meant to say he will provide a steady veteran presence for a young group of impressionable wage slav....safeties.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Harts had a pick 6 for the Chiefs against the Texans in '03. That's more than Brown will ever do for the Chiefs.

Mike Brown can stick his stump dick in a brush hog.

The Franchise
10-14-2009, 12:05 PM

Garbage.

Why the fuck is Morgan not in the game more?

wild1
10-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Brown should be cut.

That doesn't mean getting rid of Pollard was a bad decision. He should have been cut too.

Skyy God
10-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks but no thanks.

Bolts GM A.J. Smith doesn't make many personnel mistakes, but handing Hart a six-year, $18M extension in 2008 was one of them. Hart simply couldn't cover anyone, loved biting on play-action fakes, and completely lost his confidence.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=764

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Why the fuck is Morgan not in the game more?

Fucked Pioli's wife, kicked Haley's dog, fuck, who knows.

I'll admit, the kid is raw. But he obviously has physical gifts, and a shit-ton of potential.

There were scouting reports that claimed he'd be the best safety of his class long-term.

He's not going to realize that potential riding the bench.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2009, 12:19 PM
****ed Pioli's wife, kicked Haley's dog, ****, who knows.

I'll admit, the kid is raw. But he obviously has physical gifts, and a shit-ton of potential.

There were scouting reports that claimed he'd be the best safety of his class long-term.

Because Herm drafted him.

That's it. Had Pioli drafted him, he'd be playing a ton (look at Donald Washington; dude gets torched constantly and he's still out there).

Pioli's a pompous prick that assumes anyone he didn't draft isn't worth coaching up.

Sure-Oz
10-14-2009, 12:20 PM
****ed Pioli's wife, kicked Haley's dog, ****, who knows.

This is a season long pre-season and a wash of a season anyway, i don't see how it could hurt to have him out there instead of scrubs like mike brown.

Sure-Oz
10-14-2009, 12:21 PM

That's it. Had Pioli drafted him, he'd be playing a ton (look at Donald Washington; dude gets torched constantly and he's still out there).

Pioli's a pompous prick that assumes anyone he didn't draft isn't worth coaching up.

That is an absolutely stupid reason, i'd really like to think that wouldn't be the truth, and i still refuse to think so. That arrogance will get them both canned eventually if there is nothing on the field and they'll be lucky to be asst's elsewhere

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2009, 12:22 PM

Ego?

DJ's left nut
10-14-2009, 12:24 PM
That is an absolutely stupid reason, i'd really like to think that wouldn't be the truth, and i still refuse to think so. That arrogance will get them both canned eventually if there is nothing on the field and they'll be lucky to be asst's elsewhere

Has Morgan played better or worse than Washington when he's been given a chance?

Do we have bigger issues at CB or safety?

I'm sorry, but Morgan was the better player in pre-season and we have bigger issues at safety than we have at corner.

That being the case, I see no viable reason why Washington is getting more run than Morgan other than the fact that Haley/Pioli seem to think that nobody that pre-dated them is worth the time of day.

T-post Tom
10-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Ego?

LJ reference? Nice. :)

Marcellus
10-14-2009, 01:00 PM

Yup, that explains Niswanger too. Oh wait.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Yup, that explains Niswanger too. Oh wait.

No, it takes pure incompetence to explain Niswanger.

Jesus Pioli failed to actually go find/draft someone that can actually play center in this league. So he's left with Wade Smith, another holdover.