PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs And now a word from Lenny the Cool...

T-post Tom
10-14-2009, 08:15 PM
<object classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0' width='320' height='305' id='embeddedplayer'><param name='movie' value='http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-springfield-042-pub01-live/current/articleplayer/singleclip/client/embedded/embedded.swf'/><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'/><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'/><param name='scale' value='noscale'/><param name='salign' value='LT'/><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000'/><param name='wmode' value='window'/><param name='FlashVars' value='playerId=articleplayer&referralObject=1294262767&referralPlaylistId=playlist&adServerBasePath=http://gannett.gcion.com/adrawdata/.0/5111.1/475425/0/0/header=yes;cc=2;cookie=info;alias=&adPositionId=Video_prestream&adSiteId=mo-springfield.ozarksnow.com/&SSTSCode=sports/baseball/article.htm&gpaperCode=gpaper171,gntbcstglobal&marketName=Springfield:news-leader&division=newspaper&pageContentCategory=SPORTS&pageContentSubcategory=SPORTS0304'/><embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-springfield-042-pub01-live/current/articleplayer/singleclip/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='embeddedplayer' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' menu='false' quality='high' play='false' name='articleplayer' height='305' width='320' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' scale='noscale' salign='LT' bgcolor='#000000' wmode='window' flashvars='playerId=articleplayer&referralObject=1294262767&referralPlaylistId=playlist&adServerBasePath=http://gannett.gcion.com/adrawdata/.0/5111.1/475425/0/0/header=yes;cc=2;cookie=info;alias=&adPositionId=Video_prestream&adSiteId=mo-springfield.ozarksnow.com/&SSTSCode=sports/baseball/article.htm&gpaperCode=gpaper171,gntbcstglobal&marketName=Springfield:news-leader&division=newspaper&pageContentCategory=SPORTS&pageContentSubcategory=SPORTS0304'/></object>

listopencil
10-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a class act.

Tylerthigpen!1!
10-14-2009, 09:59 PM
I love how well spoken he is.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Good stuff!

T-post Tom
10-14-2009, 10:13 PM

I love his game day broadcasts. For anyone that's interested, I believe the game is streamed here: http://www.101thefox.net/Default.aspx

Psyko Tek
10-14-2009, 10:22 PM
if only I could get the fox to sync with video

Simply Red
10-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks. enjoyed

CaliforniaChief
10-14-2009, 10:32 PM
He is a tremendous asset to the Chiefs. Not just in his history as the QB, but as a voice on the Chiefs radio network and a representative of the Kansas City sports market. He's insightful, to the point, clear, and a fan without being a homer. If I could give him gameroom cash I would.

Simply Red
10-14-2009, 10:33 PM
He is a tremendous asset to the Chiefs. Not just in his history as the QB, but as a voice on the Chiefs radio network and a representative of the Kansas City sports market. He's insightful, to the point, clear, and a fan without being a homer. If I could give him gameroom cash I would.

He should milk that for a BJ.

Uncle_Ted
10-15-2009, 12:06 AM

If you are listening through the net, try out some of the other radio stations in the chiefs radio network ... not all of them are on the same delay.

tomahawk kid
10-15-2009, 06:27 AM
It's great how Lenny, Bobby, Willie and alot of the other old timers still care about this franchise.

After last year's loss to the Raiders, Willie Lanier happened to walk past our tailgate. I recognized him, said hello and he stopped to talk with us for about 5 minutes.

The man looked and spoke like someone had just shot his dog. Although it sucked to lose to the Raiders, it was sort of uplifting to realize "Contact" and alot of those guys care just as much as we do.

ThunderChief
10-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Reading between the lines, it would seem that Lenny doesn't think much of the Haley coaching techniques/regime thus far? re: "Anyone can play hard, I want them to play smart".

KC Jones
10-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Reading between the lines, it would seem that Lenny doesn't think much of the Haley coaching techniques/regime thus far? re: "Anyone can play hard, I want them to play smart".

I think that's projection on your part.

ThunderChief
10-15-2009, 09:21 AM
I think that's projection on your part.

You could also call it opinion, evaluation, analysis or whatever. Isn't that what we're all offering up on a discussion board in some sense? From the tone of Lenny's comments, my sense is that he's not overly impressed with the outcome the Chiefs have achieved thus far and, by extension, the coaching.

Lenny could also be making his main point about the talent level on the Chiefs not where it needs to be, but I believe he's cracking on the coaching expertise or lack thereof. In a veiled way, of course.

Red Dawg
10-15-2009, 09:46 AM

I disagree. Herms's last year they didn't play hard or smart.

DaWolf
10-15-2009, 10:02 AM

It's probably more him talking about the current state of players, IE it's easy to find guys who play hard, but finding guys who have their head in the game every play is something that's tough to do. And we don't have that right now. We're finding ways to beat ourselves every week, be it a mind numbing penalty, or trying to strip the ball instead of tackling the receiver...

Chief Faithful
10-15-2009, 10:04 AM
I love his game day broadcasts. For anyone that's interested, I believe the game is streamed here: http://www.101thefox.net/Default.aspx

Outstanding game day broadcasting. Even with the delay I enjoy the game better listening to him while watching the game.

loochy
10-15-2009, 10:06 AM

It's hilarious how when the chiefs screw up Lenny just says "oh....oh....oh no...:(." He forgets that he's commentating and he just gets all disappointed.

I miss hearing this phrase from the broadcast: "TOUCHDOWN KAN SAS CITY! TOUCHDOWN LARRY JOHNSON" (or TONY GONZALEZ or PRIEST).

Deberg_1990
10-15-2009, 10:07 AM

No...i dont get that at all.

He pretty much says: We dont have the talent to compete with other teams yet.

dallaschiefsfan
10-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Love Lenny as a game-day broadcaster and he is a true man of class that represents the franchise and city well. This takes nothing away from him in the aforementioned areas...but I was never a fan of him being the lead sports guy for Channel 9.

TV anchor/sports guy isn't his best role IMO. Plus, his hiring coincided with the loss of Mike Bush from Channel 9...who went on to St. Louis and has effectively become the best sportscaster in the midwest. A little bitter about that.

Boon
10-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Lenny is the man.
Says what he thinks.
It is often very basic, but football is basic.
He is the best.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Lenny is great, i remember one time he held a door open for me and my gf to the hotel in denver, then i recognized him and he started running off like a little girl

Micjones
10-15-2009, 12:26 PM

I know, right?

I've missed the radio broadcast two weeks in a row because of it.

tomahawk kid
10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Lenny is great, i remember one time he held a door open for me and my gf to the hotel in denver, then i recognized him and he started running off like a little girl

That's a pretty common reaction of his around KC too.

Sure-Oz
10-15-2009, 12:46 PM
That's a pretty common reaction of his around KC too.

It was the funniest stuff ever, how i said you're len dawson and he just bolted, you wouldn't think he's old with those legs he may able to out scramble cassel on sundaysROFL

It was nice of him to open the door i guess lol

tomahawk kid
10-15-2009, 01:39 PM
It was the funniest stuff ever, how i said you're len dawson and he just bolted, you wouldn't think he's old with those legs he may able to out scramble cassel on sundaysROFL

It was nice of him to open the door i guess lol

I'm sure.

You should see him scurry around TC in River Falls.

He dances around the boundaries of the practice fields like Jim Marshall and Carl Eller are giving pursuit.

I can't say that I blame him - as people refuse to leave him alone, but it's still a sight to see.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
10-15-2009, 07:39 PM

You can. I listen to the radio and sync it with the tv broadcast every week now. I will take Mitch and Len over the Standard network broadcasters any day. Radio shark is TIVO for radio (almost). Plus you can even record the broadcast too.

It takes about the first 5 minutes of the game to get in exact sync, but once it is done I only need to adjust it maybe 3 or 4 times during the game. The easiest way is to wait for the refs to speak and then sync the audio with the picture. It is really pretty simple actually. If you have a wireless mouse and a laptop it is propably the easiest way. I dont even get out of the recliner any more.

Cons:
If your Broadcast station has a weak signal, it may be hard to tune in.

http://www.amazon.com/RADIOSHARK2-Am-fm-Radio-Recorder/dp/B000L6OYIM

MahiMike
10-15-2009, 08:55 PM
You could also call it opinion, evaluation, analysis or whatever. Isn't that what we're all offering up on a discussion board in some sense? From the tone of Lenny's comments, my sense is that he's not overly impressed with the outcome the Chiefs have achieved thus far and, by extension, the coaching.

Lenny could also be making his main point about the talent level on the Chiefs not where it needs to be, but I believe he's cracking on the coaching expertise or lack thereof. In a veiled way, of course.

Maybe. But he also said the real reason is personnel.

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2009, 09:04 PM
No...i dont get that at all.

He pretty much says: We dont have the talent to compete with other teams yet.

To be more concise he said we suck, just a overall platitude and nothing more.

Red Coater
10-15-2009, 09:07 PM

Do IT! Until you Do It. Then you know you can DO IT.:)

JohninGpt
10-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Do IT! Until you Do It. Then you know you can DO IT.:)

"Of course you do it, everybody does it, I just did it and I'm ready to do it again."

Color Red
10-15-2009, 09:24 PM
He is a tremendous asset to the Chiefs... as a voice on the Chiefs radio network and a representative of the Kansas City sports market. He's insightful, to the point, clear, and a fan without being a homer. ...

You don't appreciate how true this is until you hear the unprofessional, "homer" announcers like those in Denver.

Len is one of those who crafted a highly professional and major network broadcast career after his hall-of-fame football career.