PDA

View Full Version : Poop Tank Tyler may just be the worst NT in the NFL.

Direckshun
10-14-2009, 08:40 PM
I remember watching the Ravens on every single short-yardage situation against us in Week 1. They'd just dial up a simple i formation, not even a jumbo package, and push right through the heart of our DLine. I believe they pulled this play off with 100% efficiency.

That was the beginning of my Hatred Affair with Stank Tyler (trademarked!).

Stank gives up yards every single play. I watched the DLine for the entire game against the Cowboys, and I watched them again. Jackson and Dorsey do their jobs enough, but Stank (and Edwards) both consistently get pushed back about three-to-FIVE (!!!) yards every single play.

Every. Single. (Running.) Play.

Stank is the worst of the two, and his existence on this defense defeats its entire purpose. The ONE player on your team that's supposed to be the anchored block of granite is the NOSE TACKLE. If our nose cannot even keep himself from getting pushed back THREE YARDS, we CANNOT WIN.

No team has followed in the Ravens' footsteps, but more will. This team cannot win with Tank manning the nose.

milkman
10-14-2009, 08:41 PM
What is this obssession with bad nicknames?

Reerun_KC
10-14-2009, 08:44 PM
What is this obssession with bad nicknames?\
probably the same obssession with the Chiefs and bad DL and OL....

Direckshun
10-14-2009, 08:45 PM
What is this obssession with bad nicknames?

STANK CRYLER

tyler360
10-14-2009, 08:48 PM
That qualifies for lots of people on our team being the worst player their position

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm going on to say its bc of the stupid 3-4 we switched too.

Basileus777
10-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Nwagbuo is probably worse, but Tank is up there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Imagine that. Put a guy into a position that he's not built to play and it doesn't work out well.

I'm fucking shocked.

Rooster
10-14-2009, 09:11 PM
OMG this team needs a win....:(

Mecca
10-14-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm stunned a guy who isn't suited to be a nose tackle is struggling with being a nose tackle.

tyler360
10-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Well there is yet another wasted draft pick on the d-line. It really bugs me that all of these 4-3 players are being forced into a 3-4.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Well there is yet another wasted draft pick on the d-line. It really bugs me that all of these 4-3 players are being forced into a 3-4.

Only teams that run the 3-4 can win.

Stinger
10-14-2009, 09:30 PM
OMG this team needs a win....:(

This times ELEVENTY BILLION!!!!ONE!!!!!!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2009, 09:31 PM

4 of the 5 remaining undefeated teams run a 4-3...

Awesome.

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2009, 09:37 PM
4 of the 5 remaining undefeated teams run a 4-3...

Awesome.

ROFL

The best way to get value is to chase trends. Like all those teams that had success <del>running Air Coryell after the Rams, or the Tampa 2, or the WCO...</del>

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2009, 09:38 PM
The best way to get value is to chase trends. Like all those teams that had success <del>running Air Coryell after the Rams, or the Tampa 2, or the WCO...</del>

How funny is it that Pioli leaves, and then Belichick switches back to a 4-3?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2009, 09:42 PM

You'd think the dumb motherfucker would understand

1) Supply and Demand
2) Players trump schemes

Hell, the only person who could ever neutralize Derrick Thomas for a long stretch was Gunther Cunningham.

The last time I checked Scott Pioli wasn't Bud Wilkinson. He didn't invent the fucking 3-4, so I don't know why he thinks we need to run it at all costs. Of course, just as many of us had predicted, the guy who we should have built our defense around is now flashing while playing out of position in the wrong defense.

tyler360
10-14-2009, 09:45 PM

I did not know that lol. Maybe by the time we get a good 3-4 defense the trend will switch back to a 4-3. That is just the like the Chiefs to always be chasing trends

bowener
10-14-2009, 09:48 PM
All of this just further strengthens my resolve that the Chiefs should pick up Sands and snatch Montgomery from the Skins and run the 5-2... we can start our own retrotard-trend.

Fuck hoodie right in the butt!

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2009, 09:50 PM
3-4 was also our defense during the Glory Years of the 80's.

tyler360
10-14-2009, 09:55 PM
I am really only pissed that We are wasting Glenn Dorsey like we are. I was so happy we drafted him and now he is still managing to be a decent player in the wrong scheme. It definetly speaks to his talent. I just wish "Holy Pioli" would drop his 3-4 obsession and run a 4-3. Jackson would make a great end on the left side then we could have Carlos Dunlap in the draft and have a super amazing d-line for quite a long time

RustShack
10-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Dunlap-Dorsey-Jackson-Hali.. not bad. Dunlap-Dorsey-Tank-Jackson.. I'm not sure which is better.

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2009, 10:01 PM
You'd think the dumb mother****er would understand

1) Supply and Demand
2) Players trump schemes

Hell, the only person who could ever neutralize Derrick Thomas for a long stretch was Gunther Cunningham.

The last time I checked Scott Pioli wasn't Bud Wilkinson. He didn't invent the ****ing 3-4, so I don't know why he thinks we need to run it at all costs. Of course, just as many of us had predicted, the guy who we should have built our defense around is now flashing while playing out of position in the wrong defense.

I'm not a major fan of the switch, but I think he deserves a little time. It's still a very good defense and Pioli does have a history of building it over and over again. Even the defense last year, as unglamorous as it was, actually did very well for NE. Honestly, I don't think this defense is nearly as far away as people suggest. You bring in one playmaking safety and a solid nose tackle, and I think this could be at least a solid defense.

Now, in terms of offense, Pioli laid a big fat goose egg.

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2009, 10:03 PM
I am really only pissed that We are wasting Glenn Dorsey like we are. I was so happy we drafted him and now he is still managing to be a decent player in the wrong scheme. It definetly speaks to his talent. I just wish "Holy Pioli" would drop his 3-4 obsession and run a 4-3. Jackson would make a great end on the left side then we could have Carlos Dunlap in the draft and have a super amazing d-line for quite a long time

Jackson wasn't built for a 4-3, unless he's playing DT. His best position by far is as a 5-technique in a 3-4.

tyler360
10-14-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm not a major fan of the switch, but I think he deserves a little time. It's still a very good defense and Pioli does have a history of building it over and over again. Even the defense last year, as unglamorous as it was, actually did very well for NE. Honestly, I don't think this defense is nearly as far away as people suggest. You bring in one playmaking safety and a solid nose tackle, and I think this could be at least a solid defense.

Now, in terms of offense, Pioli laid a big fat goose egg.

I think it needs tons more. I really think we need 4 new linebackers beacause i dont like any of the ones we have now

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Dunlap-Dorsey-Jackson-Hali.. not bad. Dunlap-Dorsey-Tank-Jackson.. I'm not sure which is better.

Or

Dunlap-Dorsey-Tank-Hali

DJ--------Mauluga--------Williams

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Jackson wasn't built for a 4-3, unless he's playing DT. His best position by far is as a 5-technique in a 3-4.

He's a fine left end in a 4-3. Still a stupid fucking pick that high...

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
I think it needs tons more. I really think we need 4 new linebackers beacause i dont like any of the ones we have now

In a 3-4, if you have a solid defensive line, you don't need studs at LB. That's why the Chargers aren't trying to protect Merriman, the Steelers didn't protect Porter, and the Ravens were half-ass about protecting Suggs and Scott. In watching Hali play, he's not that bad. He just needs more consistent play from his D-line to open up more opportunities for him.

RustShack
10-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Or

Dunlap-Dorsey-Tank-Hali

DJ--------Mauluga--------Williams

Dunlap, Dorsey, Tank, Hali
DJ Rey CURRY!!!!

ROFL

Saccopoo
10-14-2009, 10:07 PM
They aren't taking Boo Robinson in the draft Direckshun, so you can stop with the Mark Sanchez/Tyler Thigpen analogies.

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2009, 10:08 PM
He's a fine left end in a 4-3. Still a stupid ****ing pick that high...

I'm not that upset about the pick. It was a shitty year for players, period. The only two players that should have ever been in the picture were Sanchez and Raji. Of course there's a compelling argument they should have taken Sanchez. But I haven't seen anything from Raji that suggests we made a right/wrong move.

Reaper16
10-14-2009, 10:08 PM
All of this just further strengthens my resolve that the Chiefs should pick up Sands and snatch Montgomery from the Skins and run the 5-2... we can start our own retrotard-trend.

**** hoodie right in the butt!
Have some more balls than that! Try the 0-7! The blitz schemes were created out of Jim Johnson's preserved-in-LSD brain.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Dunlap, Dorsey, Tank, Hali
DJ Rey CURRY!!!!

ROFL

Mine gives us a rookie franchise QB.

RustShack
10-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Mine gives us a rookie franchise QB.

Yeah I know, your is better.

tyler360
10-14-2009, 10:15 PM
In a 3-4, if you have a solid defensive line, you don't need studs at LB. That's why the Chargers aren't trying to protect Merriman, the Steelers didn't protect Porter, and the Ravens were half-ass about protecting Suggs and Scott. In watching Hali play, he's not that bad. He just needs more consistent play from his D-line to open up more opportunities for him.

I still think we would need at least 3 new backers cuz Vrabel is done and Mays and Williams are below average at best

OctoberFart
10-14-2009, 11:19 PM
I remember watching the Ravens on every single short-yardage situation against us in Week 1. They'd just dial up a simple i formation, not even a jumbo package, and push right through the heart of our DLine. I believe they pulled this play off with 100% efficiency.

That was the beginning of my Hatred Affair with Stank Tyler (trademarked!).

Stank gives up yards every single play. I watched the DLine for the entire game against the Cowboys, and I watched them again. Jackson and Dorsey do their jobs enough, but Stank (and Edwards) both consistently get pushed back about three-to-FIVE (!!!) yards every single play.

Every. Single. (Running.) Play.

Stank is the worst of the two, and his existence on this defense defeats its entire purpose. The ONE player on your team that's supposed to be the anchored block of granite is the NOSE TACKLE. If our nose cannot even keep himself from getting pushed back THREE YARDS, we CANNOT WIN.

No team has followed in the Ravens' footsteps, but more will. This team cannot win with Tank manning the nose.

Are you really surprised? Did you watch him get pushed around in College and especially at the senior bowl? I have told you guys he would suck ever since KC reached for him.

Mecca
10-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I like how Maualuga fell on draft day so people thought that meant anyone who liked him was dumb and now guess what...he's a key in Cincy's defensive turn around.

Reaper16
10-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Are you really surprised? Did you watch him get pushed around in College and especially at the senior bowl? I have told you guys he would suck ever since KC reached for him.
I don't think that the 3rd round was a reach for him.

DaneMcCloud
10-14-2009, 11:57 PM
3-4 was also our defense during the Glory Years of the 80's.

Frank Gansz should NEVER have been fired.

He was SO close to turning it around.

Just a draft away...

:shake:

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2009, 12:01 AM

Urine idiot.

ChiefGator
10-15-2009, 04:56 AM
I'm just amazed that someone who has never played nose tackle before and is coming off a head coach that let the whole damn team get fat, weak, and lazy is not lighting it up at NT after four games. Amazing!

Actually, I have seen some improvement from Tank since that awful Ravens game.

suds79
10-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Man you can't bang on Tank for not being a good NT.

The dude is just over 3 bills. That won't cut it as a NT in the NFL.

Demonpenz
10-15-2009, 08:28 AM
actually I think a person like champ bailey would be the worst NT in the league, that's why he plays corner

Hammock Parties
10-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Tank had a good game against the Raiders. Since he hasn't been much of a factor.

Fish
10-15-2009, 09:48 AM
The defense continues to be undercoached and forced into a scheme they don't have the personnel to run. WTF did people expect?

beach tribe
10-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Hilarious. the same thing happens to our center every play.

Blown the fuq off the ball.

tyler360
10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
This is why the move to a 3-4 is really disappointing because without a nose tackle the d is worthless and we have no nose tackle at all.

Coach
10-15-2009, 10:49 AM
I would like to see how our d-linemen would do with a different defensive line coach.

Krumrie is an embarrassment.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2009, 10:52 AM
I would like to see how our d-linemen would do with a different defensive line coach.

Krumrie is an embarrassment.

Wilkerson, Jimmy

??

All I know is that his retention is an indictment on the current regime. Along with the hiring of Pederast.

L.A. Chieffan
10-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Wilkerson, Jimmy

??

All I know is that his retention is an indictment on the current regime. Along with the hiring of Pederast.

whats a Pederast Walter?

Rain Man
10-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Man you can't bang on Tank for not being a good NT.

The dude is just over 3 bills. That won't cut it as a NT in the NFL.

Yeah, he wasn't drafted to be a nose tackle, and then I presume he was also told to lose weight this year.

I appreciate the Chiefs' fight against obesity, but there are some basic facts of mass and momentum that argue for bigger nose tackles rather than svelte nose tackles.

ChiefGator
10-15-2009, 10:59 AM
This is why the move to a 3-4 is really disappointing because without a nose tackle the d is worthless and we have no nose tackle at all.

Well, we didn't have any one to play the 4-3 either, so what the hell. We set the record for least sacks last year from the 4-3.

suds79
10-15-2009, 11:09 AM
I appreciate the Chiefs' fight against obesity, but there are some basic facts of mass and momentum that argue for bigger nose tackles rather than svelte nose tackles.

:) Yeah. Is it too late to get that 30 lbs of fat back on Albert?

He played better when he had the extra weight.

rad
10-15-2009, 12:04 PM

They just experimented with a 4-3 in preseason I think.

OctoberFart
10-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Urine idiot.

Yep I am an idiot for telling it like it is. Told you fools when you drafted him he would be a below average player because his technique and fundamental's suck and he plays too high. That has transitioned perfectly into the NFL. I know you guys struggle with the truth and I am sorry.

Bill Lundberg
10-16-2009, 10:10 AM
On the other hand I think Ron Edwards has been a pleasant surprise. I'm no x's and o's guru, but I see 95 in the backfield quite a bit.